Dr Suresh Nair from Mt E

hey u gals, i went to see dr nair today (sat) around 1pm. Any of u girls went to see him today? waited for so long..... till 4.30pm

rainbow, how was yr appointment wth dr xia? what did she say? is it yr 1st time there. she tends to laugh a lot rite? sometimes i dont know why she giggles so much.

i heard dr nair going off for conference in hk for the next 2 weeks. But then last minute i heard from Joey, he might cancel the trip.

ya, rainbow dr nair is very caring. when i was in hospital for my delivery.. he came to see me every morning. one day he was too bz.. cant come in the morning & he heard i got rashes he came to see me at 1am at nite.

That's why in the earlier posts we mentioned that it is better to have the tests before you proceed with IVF, that's was why we did laproscopy as he told me if I did HSG/ any other simplified tests and if he discovered something (eg cysts, etc then we have to do the lapros so no point), for my cases, there are clots which he clear off and do the ovarian drilling that's all he found out. We agreed and decided to proceed with his decision, for my laproscopy, mine was scheduled at 0730hrs (his first op for the day), I came out from the OT around 0930, stay overnite with my hubby and get discharged around 1430hrs the next day, the day we have to drive to the hospital and reach there 0430hrs, didn't sleep the whole nite
sad.gif
., think the reason we don't have to do the hysteromny (the elementary step) is because we have already done laproscopy which already allows Dr Nair to see 'more' of our womb.

Msh, I was also intially puzzled as to why didn't you wasn't asked to do the tests that me and rainbow mentioned in our posts ?), at least now he did.

From your posts, you already knew you have fibroids ?, it is not true that you won't conceived after the op for removal of fibroids, my sis is one good example, after the op she conceived 3 months later, so the infertility lies with her due to fibroids, as her hubby sperm analysis is good.

yes we already knew. we have discussed with him 2 years ago, and also with 2 other gynaes that it is not necessary to remove. i have gone to 2 other gynares to take a second opinion. all advised to start TTC right away which we did. i was quite stressed and hubby refused to think it's a problem,.... he told me we are not preg cos i'm too stressed :-( a few months back then we did SA, and turned out his count is no good. then we realised all this while the problem is on him. hahaha.

that's also the reason why i decided to stick to him instead of kk. thou he knew SF loh very well and told me i'm in good hands under dr loh as well. maybe if i fail this round, i'd ask to be referred to Dr loh... cos can't afford dr nair. he also know we have no money but alot of couples also don't have..... he can't do much to help there :-(

Msh,

From what I know from my sister is that (her gynae) told her if she is pregnant with her fibroids it is very dangerous for her baby, so she decided not to take chances and removed it...... I am not wrong over the years the size of the fibroids will grow in size.. how many do you have as my sister has 3 I think...

i have one. its outside the uterus. and from ultrasound, it's not causing a dent in the uterus now. on monday when i do the hysteroscopy, we'd come to know more. anyway my fibroid has been same size since it was diagnosed to today. today i start nordette. i'm actually quite scared.... thinking of the injections that are coming. almost thinking of giving up.

chris - wonder what time dr nair sleeps huh...and he also doesn't take lunch...really a superman.

Xia Rong asked me to try natural for these 2 mths instead of going to ivf again..i am in a dilema now..how??? Reason she asked me to try natural is becos after my failed ivf in april..i started on 3 mths lucrin jab in may...this jab was to suppress the menses...cos i was worried then if i hv menses, my endo will recur...the 3 mths was a really a torture cos the body was undergoing a so called menopause...u will hv all body aches..everytime u stand up, your bones feel like cracking...also hv migraine very often..really unbearable..and gets tired easily...thou the jab was to suppress for 3 mths...my menses didn't come after that too...waited till oct when dr nair helped to stimulate ovulation when i was did my SO-IUI. Only in early this mth, menses rtn.
So according to Xia Rong, now it's the best time to try natural as the body has rested enough...but i told her if my hubby's SA is not good, it will not succeed too and she said it's true...

so i am really confused whether if i shd try natural or IVF...dr nair always tell me not to waste any more time...

meanwhile, am taking TCM medicine to curb endo growth. Taking the bitter medicine is really a challenge...sigh..

didi - how did u feel after the lapro...
for mine, my tummy has grown alot after dat, not sure if it's becos i ate too much or due to the gas that was pumped in...tummy is always so bloated nowadays....so damn ugly.

Hi Rainbow, for me it is the opposite, I felt that my tummy has gone down (all my family members felt that) and I am careful not to eat too much ...... Rainbow, I agree my hubby also refused to waste any more time as we are not getting younger each day .....

rainbow, i also wonder whether dr nair got rest or not. Do u know that he is a mummy's boy? When i went to Mt Alvernia to give birth, he is very well-known wth the nurses there. 1 nurse everytime ask me.. where is the "handsome boy" hehe!!
happy.gif
they all knew he is still single & probably eyeing on him. haha!!

so dr xia asked u to try natural for 2 months. maybe she wanted yr body to take a rest. she alwiz say cannot rush. nid to take a lot of rest & no stress. Did u discuss wth yr hubby? what did he say? ya i know time is precious. But dun be pressurized wth all these comments. if both u & yr hubby feel like going thru wth IVF, then go ahead.

didn't know dr nair goes to Mt Alvernia..tot he is only in MT E.

ya, when i was doing lapro, the nurses also told me he is so bz till he has no time to marry. haha..

i think i will take a break first..really no $$$ to do another IVF so soon. Sigh...

hi, everything was fine. dr started at 3.05 sharp, and the nurses woke me at 3.20 said done already. haha
then saw dr and he said its ok, fibroid is not causing a dent in the uterus...so hope it'd be fine. inside of uterus and lining is fine too. phew. that was $1k anyway. again..... so costly to have a baby :-(

also went for ivf counseling in the afternoon. expected to see the video but didn't. dr said it scared people off so they stopped showing. he said that he's working on a milder version. i told him don't make it so mild that it looks so fake and he laughed. true mah, videos should be for preparing couples and if they make it so mild, it'd mislead the couples.

oh, dr is single?? i always wondered if he's married and how many kids of his own he has... no wonder,.. he put in so much time in work how to have a family?

i'd be starting lucrin on 6th. didi, how about u?

rainbow, so u planning to try naturally for 1-2 months b4 starting next year? i think its good too. who knows u may get a surprise christmas present. relax and enjoy the process. drs will always say don't waste time... afterall every attempt is income to them. sorry if i offended anyone with saying this.

Msh, as I am outside right now so I have to check my schedule, think it is on the 1 Dec 2005. Actually I also find him 'handsome' : ) that I even told my hubby....do you know he always like to joke too, there's is one day that I wear an especially nice blouse he even compliment me on it, and commented that I always dresses nicely, really makes my day......

I also agreed that shouldn't really rush but my hubby is the one who felt that time shouldn't be waste and if afterall the sperm analysis is not so good then no point waiting too, and whenever I go for holidays overseas I always admired couples that can bring their babies along.

Agree, our dr is handsome except he is getting bald haha....yup he likes to joke...once, he was correcting jenny's pronunciation and said she shd go back to primary school.

didi - u must be very pretty that he complimented on you...so far, he only noticed my hairstyle change...but i forgot to ask him if it's nice...heehee..

ya i will rest for the rest of this year..really need to build financial reserve...you gals keep me posted of your progress k...i am as eager as you...and hope all of you will get good news soon.

Today one of my colleague asked me abt ivf...i was shocked she knew i went thru it...so seems like alot of my colleagues know..so paiseh...sometimes really feel like quitting my job...can't help to feel depress whenever they talked abt kids...and i am going to hv a xmas gathering with my close friends and they are all bringing along their babies...there are a total of 10 babies among my 6 friends. So productive and fertile right...to them, hving bbs are so easy!!!! Wonder why my life is so miserable
sad.gif

Hi Rainbow,

I am not that pretty lah,,,,I guess...., I won't want to let my colleagues or anyone know as it will give me stress, I am that kind that can survive better without pressure..... Maybe it is good that you take a break from this first..... But you please stay around so that we can consult you/ see how are you getting along
happy.gif

the hysteroscopy is under GA. totally knocked out. he has a surgery room at the end of the corridor into the consultation rooms. actually felt very uncomfortable there cos the room has a toilet which is used by the staff... and they keep walking in and out while we are waiting for dr. not sure if they still walking in and out after i knocked out though.

hey u gals are both pretty cos i cut my hair and he didn't even comment. hahaha. rainbow, don't quit your job la.... you need the $$$, else how to build up bullets for the next war. otherwise pl tell me how to do it without a job and i'd follow u... then we can evryday come out and have tea and cht chat about our experiences.

btw, anyone want to have lunch or tea just let me know.... me free this month and next.

Me, lah didn't work for 3 years, quit the last job cause quite stress (my hubby wanted me to quit) and live on his allowance ....lor, actually I enjoy being staying at home as for that 3 years I took up courses which is quite enriching. That's why when I started working again, it took me 3 months to restart....., now not working again, got to take $$$ from hubby lor, no choice. Will work again soon, I hope
happy.gif

i was also not working for 2 years... so bored eventually i went back. what courses u taking now didi?

wld love to join u gals for tea...i can take a day off...let me know your preferred data/time...

wow..so both didi and MSH hv experienced life of taitai...and chris is also enjoying her taitai now with her 2 bbs...chris..will u be able to join us for tea? We help u to take care of your boy and girl.

oh..i oso did my SO-IUI in that small room...as it was a sat...so not so many pple walk in and out...i was told to rest for abt 20mins...but abt 10 mins or so...sister came in and said..still not done yet...u ok? can get up already...so i get up in abt 10mins time...

actually for my last ivf, i am not sure if it failed becos i had a bad urinary tract infection. I did the ET on sunday evening at abt 6pm...as u need to hv full bladder to do the ET...i felt so high tide after that. Rem i said after my ER, i was so uncomfortable cos can't get out of bed. So i asked the nurse can dr does sth so that i don't hv the uncomfortable feeling...she said yes, the dr can drain out the urine after ET...so i requested for that and what dr did was to insert something to drain out the urine...i felt some pain then...and the next morning, was infected with urinary tract infection...so damn painful...not sure how to avoid that in my next ivf...prob will ask dr.

i saw in another ivf thread one of them finally succeeded on the 3rd try...felt so happy for her and they said it cld be twins...i hope it can happen to me soon.

so fast, we hv reached 100 posting since MSH started the thread...hv always been looking for a thread that share the same gynae...but no one started...MSH - thks for starting it and we can all share our experiences.

rainbow,

I agree, if not for MSH, I wouldn't have thought of setting up this thread. I am excited and worried about the forthcoming IVF. Do you know me and mu hubby like to talk to 'sister', she is encouraging to us and my hubby will jokes with her. However, I find Jenny very stressed (guess so, but I heard that she is unable to accompanied Dr Nair to OT as she is not a staff nurse, IIRC, I heard from one of those nurses, and also she is already quite elderly.

MSH, for that period I am taking a BA (Biz).

Btw, where are you gals residing ? me presently staying at Sengkang.

'sister' is the one who is sitting at the recep collecting $$$$ right...i only talk to her when i am paying the bills...ya she is a nice lady and always put on a friendly smile...everytime when i complianed it's so expensive...she will said mine is considered ok..there are others whose bills are even more costly.

agree jenny is v stressed. Now there is another nurse suzanna...she looks more relaxed. I find betty quite helpful...she was the one who accompanied Dr to OT for my lapro...i didn't know she was there cos without my glasses, i was not able to see clearly. Only when i went back for review, she was asking me how i am and my hubby told me she was the one with me during the ops.

didi- is your anestatician Dr Jong? He also likes to joke and quite friendly. When i saw him again during my ER, i told him i do not like his medicine...when i was doing the lapro...he injected the medician thru the veins on the back of my palm...the sharp and chilling pain that went thru the hand was quite unbearable.....but in no time, i was completely knock out...lucky for me, no side effect after the GA.

sorry what is IIRC????

Yes i think jenny is abt 50? cos she told me deepavali was her big day as that was the day her son will be getting married. That's when i told her that she can retire and enjoy her golden life.

I am staying in Tampines. Quite near to u...didi.

Hv not heard from chris this few days. Bet she must bz handling the twins.

i went to do a search on dr nair in this forum...and lately there are quite a few topics that mentioned abt him...he is gaining popularity...think our waiting time will get even longer.
if we can schedule to meet him on same day, then we can all go hi-tea and chat and ask joey to call us when it's our turn..haha

rainbow, ouch... your UTI sounds awful. it could be due to that leh. dont' they give anti biotics b4 ER or ET? and i have this problem... i cannot hold my bladder one leh.... cos the fibroid is pressing on my bladder... i will go ladies 3-4 times b4 my hubby feel urgent one. now i'm more worried.

my anaesthetician is also Dr Jong. ya lor... as he inject the medicine in, my whole arm had a numb feeling and 'sng' feeling (in hokkien). dr nair was standing by my head and i was complaining so painful and he keep consoling that i'd be fine don't worry and so on. b4 i knew it, i was knocked out. i also had no side effect after GA.

oh didi, so you were doing a degree course.... that's good excuse for resigning. so u'd not have problem geting your job back again. so this time round, what have u been doing?

well i have always wanted to start this thread anyway..... i'm happy i did it too, and got to know all of u gals, supportting one another and encouraging each other in our journey. i must say there were times i was in doubt and fear and u gals helped alot.

i stay near geylang. chris how about u?

i'd be at mt e again this sat if anyone is going near there, we can meet. but weekdays better la... less crowd although with sch holidays going on and festive mood, the crowd is still there whether weekdays or weekends.

hi girls.. sorry been bz.. hands full. my confinement maid went back. now my muinlaw here for a week..nid o get a maid soon. cant handle myself... very very stress sometimes. but all gone when ic them smile.
not ez being a mum.

me staying at toa payoh.. so when u girls having tea huh?? wekdays a bit hard. weekends when my hubby at home.. bcos nid at least 2 person to take care of them.

i find jenny very nice. but she really very stress. i heard from swee ling that she kena scolding from dr nair all the time until she cries. to his patient he might be nice, but i heard his staff nurse complains abt him all the time.

girls, u know, that day dr nair again asked me to call the nurss if in doubt. that time, suzzana, betty and jenny is in the room, and dr said, u can call any 3 of them... then on second thought, he added, call betty and suzzana better cos jenny will always go and check with them.,... and jenny was in the room leh.... so paiseh right? i gave her a smile

oh dear, chris, i can fully understand how busy u are with the 2 kids now. its definitely not easy.. i'm secretly hoping i'd have twins if i ever conceive but i also know the work and financial strain of having them... whatever, children are blessings from god.... i appreciate whatever god gives me. sure we can meet weekends. or if convenient we can go your place for a little chit chat.... i don't mind at all, if it's convenient for u of course. wait for u to settle your helper first la... no hurry. take care.

Ya, I agree, but imo, jenny should retired already and enjoy life
happy.gif
and not scoldings, do you know when I was doing my lapro, when I was in the OT, I saw Dr Nair and told him that I am very scared as first time op and don't know what to expect. He stroke my face, in an caring matter and told me not to worry, mine, I am very touched ....and there was once he told that he wants to have the day that he can give me my babies, I am so touched that I was close to crying, all my eyes wet of course......

MSH, Rightnow I am assisting my ex-boss in working temporary, I used to work as a personal assistant to me boss who is an executive director. Cause if I stay at home, I will start to worry this and that
sad.gif

hahaha... when i tell hubby about the caring touches and comments made by dr, he always laugh and tells me he dos and says the same things to all his patients. i refused to believe noew i believe him. hahaha. but i think although he does it to everyone, at least he bothers to show he cars right? unlike other gynaes who can't wait for u to get out of his room.

i see. so u used to work for big shot. u must also be very big shot in the company hor? my ex dept decretary used to throw her weights around one... cos her boss is dept director.... just kidding hor,.... i don't think all of them are like this.

I am not like that lah ! although he is the owner's son, his family owns the company, it is a huge family business (foreign co), a lot of perks, travelling too, pay is quite good I would say, but it is definitely stressful than working as a secretary as the duties are slightly more, and of different nature. I don't actually fancy working for people unless the pay is good.$$$, as I might start my own biz next year as someone is alway asks me to start on my own and he will provide the financial backing for me and my hubby. Really have to as I need to make as much money as possible, as staying in Singapore is just too expensive.

wow, tell us more when we meet, maybe we can join u. we also need $$. we are also constantly thinking of starting some biz, but no time to do it. or rather, too bogged down with our jobs to think in depth.

The biz that we intend to go into will only have minimum manpower as we don't intend to have any overheads,so I will only run the biz with my sister, as I will be assisting my hubby's current biz as well.

Hi,

Rainbow, you were lucky not to have side effects of GA, do you know that I vomitted twice and luckily my hubby sleep next to me at the ward and he didn't sleep the whole nite just to make sure that I am all right. So rainbow, next year I will stay even 'nearer' to you when I shift house : )

Didi - u r moving to the east????
They say pregnant can't move hse one leh...better be conscious.

Dr wanted to start my 2nd IVF in aug this year and i told him can't cos i will be moving hse in Sep 2005...he said it's ok. Just moved lor and there shd not be any problem. Lucky i didn't do it cos i was packing like mad the night before moving and didn't hv enuf sleep. In the end, kena bad migraine on the day of moving and completely knock out after the movers completed the job.

Hi rainbow,

My new house will only be ready in sept '06. So if I am lucky and get pregnant then I will move later lor ..... SO you confirmed doing the 2nd IVF next year, btw need to check with you is the retrieval painful.

didi, your jabs start this thu!!. how? are u going to do it yourself from day 1? i was planning first few days i'd go to the clinic and ask the nurses to do it for me cos i'm really frightened of injections, not to mention injecting on myself. but now, i just remember that on the first and second day when i'm supposed to start my jabs, i have a course to attend, so i can't make it to the clinic and reach for the course on time, so no choice i have to psycho myself to do it myself. i hope i can do it!

ya rainbow, better not start a cycle if you planning to move house. u made the right decision.... i think it should be as stressfree and activity free when we doing it,... esp around ER And ET days.

i was also thinking the same thing, didi. i have read that ER very painful one, compared to ET, and i was thinking if we have not recovered from the pain/spotting after ER, then when we start ET, isn't it more painful or inconvenient? u know my spotting stopped only 1 week after my hysteroscopy. i was so worried in that week but i chose to hope that it's normal and ignored it... luckily it stopped spotting after one week

MSH, I am quite used to injections
sad.gif
as I have injected myself before. So I will just collect the medicine and maybe checked Betty to see if any changes in injecting. Hope we will be fine....

Sorry i am lost at what stage u gals are in now....didi/msh - your menses came and u r doing the injection?
U were given medicine for downregulation?

For my ER, it was ok as it will be under GA. For mine, i think it lasted for abt 15 - 20 mins. The next moment, the embrologist will inform you how many eggs u hv. I read in papers few mths back that embrologist's skills is v impt as they will be the one doing the egg fertisation etc. It was reported that many couples went JB cos it was cheap and the success rate was high due to the good skills of their embrologist.

yup, will prob start my next cycle next year..but don't know when..don't feel like thinking abt it anymore. Very sian already.

My mum spoke to me just now that her group of friends told her Tong Chai (tongji) has a good success and ask me and my hubby to try. I dare not told her that i hv already tried seeing the famous Dr Tan last year with no success. That time, only myself went to see the dr...DH didn't go. It was very tiring as you need to brew the medicine almost everyday...and it's so bitter.
I didn't tell my mum that i went ivf also.

Did u gals inform your family?

MSH - did u say you are in teaching? so now school holiday, can relax and maybe chances will be better.

Hi Rainbow,

I didn't tell my parents, maybe my hubby will tell his parents, it doesn't matter to me if they know too. No, my next menses is not here yet, I heard that approx few days after my last dose of nordette, it will come ? I will starting the injection on 1 dec 2005. you mean the embrologist will tell you how many eggs they retrieve on the same day, so stressful..... I heard not not all follicle have eggs ? just checking......

hi, any of u intereted in Aussino items? i have a 40% discount on regular priced items..... in case you gals want to grab something. only condition is limited to purchases up to $500 and on regular priced items only.

i only told my sis, and in minimal details.... he has told his parents and they are worried sick, though they keep consoling us no hurry and so on.

rainbow which Dr tan were u seeing? its a TCM? if i fail this round, i'm going for accu if possible.

Thanks MSH, but I don't usually get my stuff from Aussino....., yah who is that DR Tan ? is he/ she good ?

sori gals.. long time didnt log in. so latest news didi moving hse.. ya.. chinese believe moving hse when pregnant is no good. so better be save then sorry.

so when is yr ivf didi and msh? by early december? hopefully u girls will have many follicles.. and have multiple pregnancy.. who knows triplets... will keep my fingers crossed.... goodluck..

hahaha... triplets is scary looking at how busy u are with your twins.... i would like to have twins but scared cannot cope with the work... i will take whatever God gives, as all children are blessings from God.

both of us starting with down regulation in early december.... didi on 1st and me 5 days later. we should be doing ET around christmas.

Ya, I am quite afraid of triplets too although my mum and mil has already volunteered to help out
happy.gif
what I am afraid is the fee involved as triplets (I heard) that it is usually premature.

ya lor, when we went for counselling the nurse said insurance covers $300 per day for premature and i thot wow good. then my hb asked how much is icu for babies per day and she said abt $1000.... and we 3 looked at each other and smiled. haha. babies are not meant to be cheap ..... lol

ya, bringing up a kid is not cheap at all.... and the milk powder that triplets consume is scary
happy.gif
now I know why some couples if they can't conceive natutally, they let it be...

ya dr tan is a TCM...her chines name is chen qiumei.

i tot downregulation start on D21? how come it's done after menses?

Wait a minute, what is downregulation ? brain working a bit slow nowadays, too much things to remember
sad.gif

Back