Dr Han How Chuan from KKH

hi all
Thanks for the advise. But i dont know why he ask me fo for c section leh ... I told him i want normal then he said still can try. But He said not worth to try. My hubby said he want money ...

hi chloegal,
that's really nice of him.
happy.gif

hi shirley,
you might like to ask him the reason for c-section. Don't think he will insist on c-sec for no reason or risk involved.

I am currently having 2nd pregnancy and he warned that i will deliver early due to bleeding at earlier stage of pregnancy. I assume his prediction should be right base on experience.

Hi shirley,
You can ask Dr Han for the reasons. Maybe your pelvic bone is too small for the bb to make her way throught.

He might be helping you to save money. Cause if you choose natural delivery and if bb not able to come out and have to go for emergency c-section then your bill will be very very much higher.

I agree with Small Bell, dun think Dr Han will insist on c-section for no reasons caused he is is very Pro-natural. Most of us here are By natural delivery. My friends edd is in OCT and he told her that if everythings goes well will delivered by natural.

Small Bell
Congrates and how many weeks are you now?

HI all
Ya. He said if the baby too big, try already can not then i need to go for c section , will be watse time and effort . SO he want me go for detail scan about baby weigh then see how. This sat i will go... update your again....

Samll bell
you choose your bed already?

hi chloegal,
thanks, in 30 weeks now. Glad to have him as gynae once again. He never seems to age, last time saw him was 4 yrs back. But he could have put on some weight though.

hi shirley,
hope your scan on sat will show baby progress.
happy.gif
I have not choosen bed type yet, still early. Last time i stay in single bed but think this time i will just take 4 beds. Now with the H1n1, visitors are limited to only 2 people per bed.

Any ladies here know what diaper brand and maternity pad (loop or normal ones) kk give now?

small bell, when i was at kkh last yr, baby was given Pampers New Born and i was given Kotex adhesive maternity pads.

Seems like most of us here have only 2 kids...anyone planning for a 3rd one?? Dr Han always says dun stop at 2!!

Hi mummy lee,
I have 3 leh... The 3rd one very very naughty. Last time the gor gor and jie jie also not so steady.
Small Bell,
When i delivered my 3rd on May last year, kkh gives Pampers New Born and kotex adhesive maternity pads too.

HI All

Good Morning..After detail check up, may baby is 2.9 kg at week 35. He said is big, can still try for natural birth if i want but if can nt then will go for c section , need to pay more. can induce also, if i dont mind...

After the discussion with my family, i think i will not induce and let it be natura pain then give birth..

I booked my bed too, B1. THey said will gove Pampers New Born and Kotex loop maternity pads. Is chargeble.

Small bell,
where you visit doc han? im at amk clinic.

Hi Chloegal, oh yes, think u mentioned b4 tat u hv 3 kids. My #2 also born abt e same time as ur #3. And yes, he's also very naughty. u'know, he has 4 of those round round thingy on his head, u know wat i mean..., yes 4!! and everyone who's seen his head said he'll be very stubborn and naughty. Only one malay auntie told me he'll be very clever..haha...dun know whether to believe or not.

My girl has 2 on her head. She has her good and bad moments too. Some pple told me not to believe in all these old wives tales. Well, well...gotta keep my fingers cross..
happy.gif
)

As it is, quite tough handling 2 kids on my own now...dun think i'll hv a 3rd one...

Wow Shirley, 5 more weeks to go!! Ya, dun think too much and just let nature takes its course. If the pain comes, just go and deliver. Dr Han n the midwives all super steady one, just follow their instructions.

Both mine were induced cos i was past my edd. So, no worries. Enjoy the last few baby-free weeks!!

Hi, ladies! May I know whether Dr Han is experince in handling VBAC? and can I see him at KKH for my check up? i'm very keen in looking for a gynae due to my 1st deliver was through C-section. Thanks!

hi mummy lee and chloegal,
thanks for the info. I was worried they give loop pad as i don't know how to use.

hi shirley,
i visit him at kk private suite. Hope you can still try natural.

Hi Mummy Lee,
Wow.... your son got four, i never see kids that have so many. My sis's son got 2 and alot of ppl also tell her that too. But i think should be old wives tales. My gal also so naughty without the round round thingy thing.

Hi Daphne K,
I am not sure about VBAC cause all my delivery are by natural.

haha, u're rite, chloegal. There are kids with only one and they r naughty too. So far, the only person i know with 4 round thingy other than my boy is his Godma!! Lets hope they dun fight in e future!!
u looking aft all 3 urself?

Ny 3 are being looked after by my mum and maid but sometimes when i am on off i will went to my mum's place to stay. They will only be back home during weekends and school holiday. My second gal is a koloa bear everytime want me to carry when we goes shopping and now my bb gal also going to be another koloa bear.... so headache...

Chloegal, thks for ur reply... anyone know whether Dr Han handle VBAC before? pls advise... If he is good, i plan to see him at KKH in my 5th month check up.

hi chloegal,
i am sure your kids are very happy to see you during weekends, so want to be koala bear.
happy.gif

if we plan to stop conceive, will Dr Han recommend any method? or he will still encourage to keep trying.

Hi Small Bell,
He will give you a booklet on some contraception method. After going throught the booklet you can get advise from him.

HI all
Just visit doctor han last Sat. Same old story, my baby is big. 3,2kg on 36 weeks. He ask me want to induce or not , i told him i want to try natural birth. He said ok lar, try 1st if can not then c section...

i still worry , haiz. I never enjoy my pregnancy... Because of all these and i like to think a lots.. My MIL will help me do confiment, dont know ok or not. Im worry about the B,Feeding part, if can not produce milk, she will ask me give F.milk and etc... My hubby said i like to think too much..

Like now , after good pee, i can not sleep again and hungry leh...

I already put on 20kg , i very sad.... HOw to enjoy the pregnancy ? haiz...

MY new house are doing renovation now, another problems . A lots of thing i need to disscuss with my hubby. sOMETIMES , i like want to tell him off, can dont ask me ? you decide can? i told him, we are not in the hurry to move in why must everything go on the sametime ? can not wait till i give birth meh? As i can not go to the new house , very susah to imagine the house... Haiz

Hi hi Shirley!! I think its very typical of pregnant women to think a lot, especially if its the first child...i was like that too. Even now, i still think and worry a lot. Haha!! And thats after having 2 kids. Just different sets of problems la.

But let me say something here..its great that u want to try for a natural/normal delivery. However, i think u should be prepared for a c-section, in case it should become necessary. Being prepared both intellectually and emotionally for a c-section will help minimise any disappointment you may feel and make ur delivery experience a more positive one.

Honestly we can never really tell how the labour and delivery will go in the delivery ward. It may not be what we want/expect it to be BUT i think the most impt thing here is really not HOW the baby comes out but the safety of both the child and mummy. And the doc will usually advise u to e best of his knowledge. So, just be prepared mentally. Go with an open mind. Try ur best. And if, if i mean, u shld hv a c-section, its OK too. Dun be too hard up on urself. Dun be disappointed that u cant hv a normal delivery. U'll recover just as well. Just be very happy that ur baby has come into the world safely and enjoy motherhood thereafter ok.

With regard to breastfeeding, same thing, just try ur best. It'll not be easy, especially for first-time mums. Dun be too stressed, cos that might affect ur milk ss, just eat well, rest well, leave the chores to someone in the first month, get help fr ur hb as much as u can. Be a happy mummy and breastfeed as much as ur baby wants so as to build up ur milk ss. And dun ever say u dun hv enough milk for ur baby. We all have! Just try not to skip any pumping/direct feeding or start giving formula, u'll be just fine. But then again, if formula has to be given for whatever reasons, dun be too stressed too. Just try ur best ok.

Actually for myself, i only learnt all these when i had my second child. First one, i worried so much, die die must breastfeed till she landed in hospital cos of dehydratiion. Well, well tats another story...haha!

As for the wt, dun worry la. U'll lose them all after ur delivery. Exercise is great. So can do that when u r all well again. I know cos i put on abt 18kg for both my pregnancies.

So, good luck once again. No worries. Be a happy mummy-to-be, i know its easier said than done. But when u see ur baby, u'll know it's all worth it and nothing else matters.

Take care!!

hi chloegal,
thanks for the information, will keep a look out for the booklet.

hi shirley,
as mummy lee mentioned, just try your best for breastfeeding. The first few days and weeks will not be easy as sometimes supply don't come in quickly.

shirley: aiyo u r worrying too much ... ;p

weight: will drop one, though like me still have 3-4 kg to go but at least 11-12 kg is bye bye...

BF: yes it is very tough but supplement is not a bad idea if u need the rest k... coz the milk supply will catch up.. rest 1st more important.. i gave in to supplementing in the 2 week.. in the end supply caught up by 2 mths.. so don't worry... let the mil look after during confinement, u got alot if time to be a parent to ur bb

house: he wants ur opinion mah.. imagine dun ask u worst rite?? later kena more scolding.. lol

mummy lee: any tricks to lose weight or not?? that stubborn 3 kg wont bulge... ppl tell me if i stop bf will lose... true? wat u do...give tips leh...

gotta see Dr han this wed ... need his opinion coz i nd to start treatment for my high blood platelets... hematologist Dr told me to have bb 1st then start treatment coz not bb friendly medicine... so gotta see what DR han says.. msg him, 10 mins later he call me ask me what im talking about ... what disease i got keke he blur... ask me bring report go n see him...

Hi Flo..
Thanks ya.. i think i worry too much.. nowadays i have problems to sleep... wake up already then can not sleep,
I now week 38, baby 3.3 kg. Dr han said can let me try natural birth but if after 6hrs can not then i need to c section.. He said i too short ma.. dont think can give birth big baby..

I still not decided when to start my M. Leave. Should i taqke one week b4 ?

flo:
Me also blur leh... what illness you have? Did you means you have high blood? Me also receiving my blood test result at SGH tomolo. I am testing for tyroids.

shirley: i cant advise u on ur M leave... sori coz i gave birth i day b4 edd...i guess everyone is different.. sleep prob is normal at this stage as ur r getting big and heavy... cant sleep wake up watch dvd drink milo or warm milk... make urself comfortable... if not go n pack ur stuff for the baby...u will surprised how comforting that is... after u do tat u sleep damn well...keke

chloegal: i got rare blood disorder, my bone marrow cant stop producing blood... thus causing it to sky rock.. normal being is 100,000 - 450,000 blood count ... mine has reached 900,000 the last check..
sad.gif
so after seeing him, i will go 2nd opinion... think my body go haywire after giving birth...

flo,
So serious.... is there any medication that can cure the blood disorder? what is the sympton? will it cause serious complication to your health? Hope Dr han can give you the best advise. Do update us here and pls take care of your health and recover soon.

Visit Doc Han yesterday. Baby 3.4 kg alreday. He said is big.. BB engaged , he want me to thnik again really want to op for natural. He dont want me suffer and end out pay more $$$ for c section..

Dr. Han want me to go KK next week for BB weight scanning again.. He said my cervic not yet open. My EDD is 28 Sep. DOnt know when i will deliver ... My col said tahan till 29092009 is a nice date too... haha since can not make it on 20092009

So nice of Dr Han to help you save $$$, you might want to consider his suggestion. I am sure Dr Han is a not a $$$ minded doc, due to your height, he probably think this is the best option for you. All the best and smooth delivery
happy.gif

ya, he very nice.. i very lose too because my family members , dont let me go c section. They want me to try 1st.. you know lah, expecially my MIL , she keep saying that sure can open de.. she never think about the $$$, maybe she dont know ba. She just want natural birth.. haiz, sometimes tell them get too many opinions also very fan de.. hahah.. Just let it be natural 1st.. when the day come then see how

hi small bell, thanks .. By the time then see how ba,,, let it be natural, next week visit doc han again then decide.. For myself , i already put on 22kg.. realy fat, and i can not accept .. haiz ..

chloegal: no symptoms one lar, just happen to go for my every 2 yrs medical checkup then realized... if dun medicate will blood clot anywhere in body, brain ,heart or even placenta hence high risk of stillborn... saw him liaoz he wans the blood count to go down, say i still young not 35 yrs old yet so we can wait... unless after eating medicine n still cannot make it, he will advise ... but i will only medicate after i stop breastfeeding...

shirley: so soon liaoz
happy.gif
the weight will be stagnant liao by now... just eat for the last few weeks nevermind one lah...if money is not an issue, no harm trying natural and pray,pray pray.... if u wan cset 29th pls book early, haha.... wat ever ur choice is we wish u all the best

Hi all

I finally give birth already.. my litle girl Celest Tay.
Dr han is correct, i should go for c section. I try nature after 14 hrs , only open 5cm , baby can not wait liao, her heart beat slow down then i need to go c section. Baby only 3.05 not as big as Dr han said but i really can not.. only open 5cm.

Whe he see me , he said: i told you already, now you watse time and suffer.. FOr me , as long as i try, if not my family members tok i want to get the easy way out for go c section ..

Now , i face another prob... B. Feeding. My nipple is short and another is inverter, try few days baby still can not latch.. Yan Ping help me but baby still susah to latch.. No choice , i pump out then feed her..

Anyone know how to increase the milk ? i only manage to pump 1oz plus everytime , so my baby will drink F milk also..

Congrats Shirley and glad to hear the good news.
In any way, you have tried and baby is fine.
Enjoy our confinment and take care ya!
For me no bf tips as my girls drank FM.

shirley: congrats! well done!

1 oz is damn gd liaoz.. mine was 10ml of bubbles..lol

just pump regularly, the milk will come it... or eat fenugreek 3 pills 3x a day.. must be at least 1 hr + b4 pumping... or drink hot milo/hot red dates drink then will have let down... i drank papaya soup with fish to...

but ultimately i find with regular pumping, it will kick in... 3 hrs from ur last pump.. if tired, nothing wrong with feeding FM k..

someone once told me there is a nipple shield that u can use for bb to latch on to, like an extender for ur short n invertered npple, ask yanping for help on where to buy...

all the best... dun stress... all will be well..

hi shirley,
congrats! so happy for you. As what flo mentioned, just keep pumping and will stimulate the supply. You may like to put a warm pad on breast, will also help increase the flow.

Hi shirley,
Congrates on your newborn. When is your ger birthday?

Oh...no, my house rocks again, think must be another earthquak somewhere nearby.

hi all
Thanks , my girl,s birthdy is 26 sep, her name is celest tay yi xuan . I manage to pump out, i try pump out every 3 hrs.. now can get around 50 ml. Yn Ping said i must continue to pump.. at 9 also..
I try my best, thanks all of you.. take care

Hi all!!

Shirley: CONGRATULATIONS to you!! Now tat ur little princess has arrived im sure u'll be very busy. But rest well, eat well and enjoy ur little bundle of joy
happy.gif

Flo: I also a few stubborn kg that refused to go haha. But my concern was my fats, especially my tummy and thighs. So, i took supplements to reduce my body fats, exercise and massage my tummy and thighs. As a result i lost those last few kg and some inches off my body.

Shirley, ya...keep pumping, even at night. The supply will come in. It's tiring at first but ur body will adjust. In my case, i had a lot of soupy stuff and that helped me a lot.

HI all just share..

i keep pumpimng every three hours , at 9 also .. now my milk suplly is enough for my little one already.. i can pump out 80 Ml ... max 90 ML.. still got extra which i storein refregirator ...

tired but happy ,,,,

Dear all,

I am looking for a gynae and read about your thread on Dr Han. Is Dr Han a man or woman? I saw some of you mentioned "he" and some said "she".

Is Dr Han really good? Is he/she kind and patient? I came across docs (esp female ones) who were impatient and lack empathy.

Thanks

Hi jsbaby,
Dr Han is a male gynae. As you have read from this thread, he is a nice and caring doctor. If you are considering doctors at kk, he would be a good recommendation. One plus point is that he has night clinic on certain days and goes to kk clinic at Ang Mo Kio. So the timing would be good if you are working or staying in the north area. Hope this helps.

Thanks Small Bell. I assume you gave birth or intend to give birth at KK. Can I ask if you have chosen the premier or classic package?

Dr Han sounds good. I also read that Dr John Tee from KK is also quite good....did you visit at least 2 gynaes before you decide on one? I am wondering if I should do that.

hi jsbaby,
i choose premier package. Opps, i didn't visit other gynae as last time chose Dr Han was due to staying nearer ang mo kio so went to kk clinic there.

Back