Dr Han How Chuan from KKH

Hi flo,
thanks for sharing.
happy.gif

Hi flo,
very interesting articles. Thanks for sharing. Hope he will read this and continue to be a doctor with a heart.
kao_biggrin.gif

Hi all mummies,

my gynae was A/Prof Han How Chuan too. He is indeed a doctor who touch a patient heart, it must be his passion to be a doctor.

My 2 son was delivered by him. my no#2 was an unplanned pregnancy, n he is born tis yr on Spore Bday!

Year back in Dec 2001 when I am 6 weeks pregnant with my 1st child, my 1st appt he told me he hv 7 kids, I was shock too. On his desk at clinic B, he then showed us his family photo.

He was being referred to us by the KK appointment desk over the phone when my hubby call in to make appointment for a Gynae for me, I let my hubby make the decision for me. My hubby did make the rite choice lor!

Hi Flo,
very interesting article u wrote abt him. u hv veri interesting blog too.

Hi Chloegal,
I am curious to see A/Prof Han family picture too, can email me at [email protected], thanks so much.

Hi Shirley,

postnatal yoga class, you may want to try this.

COMO Shambhala Urban Escape
583 Orchard Road
#06-05 Forum
Singapore 238884
Direct Tel: +65 6735 2163
Direct Fax: +65 6735 2993
E-mail: [email protected]

Hi all

I have been seeing Dr Han since I got back from overseas at about 28 or 29 weeks. Now I am coming close to 34weeks. He measured that my amniotic fluid is 5.9cm which he termed as borderline case and that there is a part of my placenta without any fluid. He told me to see him next week again to monitor and there is a possibility fo induced labour. My question here is that I have read over internet that anything between 5 to 25cm level is considered ok ley. How come he told me that 5.9cm is borderline? And because my hubby is overseas now, i am worried that i cannot inform him in time for him to come back as I will only let him know when Dr Han confirms that I have to induce labour. However, do I really have to?

Hi,

i am also seeing Dr Han. he helped delivered my bb girl in 2008. he is really a very nice doctor.

3 weeks ago, also went for a EVAC boz my 2nd bb did not have a heartbeat even at week 7. was so depressed when he pass the news to me. but he is also very encouraging.

i will still go back to him if i get pregnant again.

chloegal
i am also interested in his family photo.
can email me too?
[email protected]

Hihi,I jus confirmed my pregnancy and is advised to go to the gynea next week, I am considering Doc Han from KKH. Can anione advise me of the rates which Doc Han charge? Does he haf a private clinic outside? Thank you!

Hi CSTAN,
Congrates. Dr Han do not have a private clinic. His clinic is at KKH TPS and Clinic B. Another clinic is at Ang Moi kio but he will only be there on Wed and Sat. I have Forgotten about the charges liao but you can check on the rate at KKH web.

Hi ladies

I have been married for half-year and am looking to switch to a gynae who can see me through from pre-conception tests to delivery and future regular gynae services. I think I can do better than my current SGH gynae whom I hardly see.

As I'm rather squeamish when it comes to all this... I'm hoping to find a good gynae who is gentle, patient to answer many qns, and assuring to walk with me this journey. As I've a history of poor nutrition and irregular periods, it would be good if the gynae also has experience with fertility assistance as I am concerned that I may have difficulties conceiving (I hope not though). I have not started trying yet, but planning to start doing so in the later part of this year.

Got a word-of-mouth recommendation for Dr Han from KKH... ladies who have gone to him, do you think he might be suitable for me? Of course I'll never know till I actually meet up with him, but would just like some advice. Really appreciate it, thanks! :)

Hi SV,

i seen him when i get pregnant with my 1st child year back in dec 02, when i get married in Nov02, i cannot make up my mind which gynae to go, all my girlfriends referred their gynae mostly from private, nobody seeing KKH gynae, so i leave this headache task to my hubby to make the decision, so he call the kkh appt hotline, ask them to recommend, n the staff recommend Dr Han How Chuan. so i respect my hubby choice, I am delighted to hv him as my gynae.

he will crack jokes, some jokes rather lame to me lor, but well i guess he juz want his patient to feel relax n not tense lor. a heart warming & encouraging gynae.

if u plan to conceive later part of this year, u may consider to make appt to see him if u r worried due to irregular periods you hv, leave it to the expert, y tink so much leh . bring ur hubby along for consultation as well. :p

Hi SV

Dr Han delivered by baby recently. I have seen him during my last trimester. I will most likely go back to him if I have a second one.

He is rather fast in his consultation if everything is fine. However, if there is something amiss, he will pay more careful attention. Although he sometimes speak like a bullet train, feel free to ask him any question when in doubt, he will answer ya. Hmm....I feel relaxed with him and I think he is quite a careful doctor.

Hi SV,
you could start seeing Dr Han and do a pre-pregnancy check. He is a funny and friendly doctor.

When i had problem with conceiving, he referred me to other department at KK as he is not expert in that.

Thanks so much Small Bell for the info.

In that case, I may be better off gg to a ferility expert, just in case. Coz I'd rather build up a relationship with one dr. Who did u see in the end, and is tt dr gd... would he meet the 'criteria' I hope for?

Did he successfully help you with you problems conceiving?

Thanks so much again.

hi Veracity,
in your case, probably can see Dr Han first. I ended in the KK ivf department for fertility issue to conceive no. 2 baby. But after conceive, i still went back to Dr Han.

Hi chloegal, possible to email me the newspaper cutting of A/P Han and his family? I have my first two with him, and expecting my 3rd one in a few weeks time. Too paiseh to ask him to show me his photo... [email protected]. Thanks a million...

Hi dugong,
sorry for the late reply. Have just sent the photo to you. Congrates on your 3rd one. I also have 3 kids...1 boy and 2 girls.

thanks gals...
cos i thinking to switch to dr han cos my gynae seems very bo chap.
wanna kkh scared of complication when delivery...

Have just went for a Lap Myomectomy on 08 july to get my 5cm fibroids out. A/Prof Han was very assuring and encouraging throughout and also creating a relaxing atmosphere in the OT room with his funny jokes, sweeping all my nervous away. He even takes the trouble to change my OT from day surgery to a better equipped OT room when he find that there is vacancy when in the process of preparing me for ops. He keep apologising to me for the inconvience cause but assure me that it is for my good as that OT has better equipment and is safer for me. He even takes the trouble to come back on sunday to see me before my discharge. Am glade that he is still the caring and funny gynae that i have known 7 years ago. Feel really comfortable and confidence under his care

hi chloegal,
do take care and rest well. It's always good to see a familiar funny Prof Han. He seems to have put on some weight recently, now only see him once a year.

Hi Small Bell,
Thanks for your concern. Will be seeing him again on 26 july. His evenig clinic have changed from Fri to Tue. Yap... he is still the same humorous gynae even when in OT. No stress under his care.

Juz to add to this thread,I just had my 1st baby delivered by Dr Han.I would say It's a very smooth and fast delivery. Dr Han completed the labor process within an hour. He is very funny,as I dilated around 12am, he left his house before the nurse even call him and he kept calling the nurse to check on my condition. Being my first child, Dr Han did a great job to ease my fear and concerns. Will surely miss his funny character and bullet fast consultation. I'll surely go back to him for my 2nd child.

Hi mummies,

Any idea wats the charges by Dr Han?
Thinking of going to fix an appointment with him but couldnt find any charge rates on webby...

thanks a lot!

hey, I heard a news that Dr Han is leaving KKH to private practice. When I called KKH appt department this afternoon, I was told that they are not aware of the news. Does anyone knows anything about this news?

Had heard about him leaving for private practice too but had clarify with him during my last appt with him and he say he had change his mind and had decided to stay in KKH to serve Singapore Women!!!

lol...that is our funny gynae. Don't think he will leave since he has been there for 15+ years. Unless really got better offer la.

anyone preggie and seeing Dr Han now? Me and hb trying hard for #2, hopefully he is still around when we succeed. So anyone who is his patient now please confirm this news. Thank you!

Hi Prettibride
Dun worry he is still there! I'm seeing him this Friday and I'm due end Feb
happy.gif
Indeed he is a very friendly gynea.

Thanks for confirming ladies!

RB, isit your first child? One thing to note is to add 0.2 - 0.5kg for your baby's estimated weight which Dr Han tells you. He estimated my son's birth weight to be ard 3.5kg. End up my baby is 3.7kg. Good thing Dr Han is experienced enough so its quite a smooth delivery for me.

Hi Prettybride, thanks for sharing!! OMG.now I'm really nervous if to add another 0.5kg....Look like c-sec is my only option then!! finger crossed!! Can share with me the other baby forum link on Dr Han?

Don't worry RB, unless your baby really super big..wat did Dr Han advice? I was worried mine will grow to 4kg, so during last few weeks start to control my diet. But Dr Han after seeing my fear keep asking if i wanna induce, but i rejected as i believe its better to let baby decide when he want to come out.

Here don't allow me to post the other link...u can just google for it..anyways anything u wanna know i can try to help.

may I know how much is the per visit for Dr Han and his charges for delivery? I'm considering either him or private gynae at clinic.
is the waiting time very long for every visits?

need advise.. thanks

I'm a Private Suite Patient with Dr Han and his consultant fees (after hours) is $110. I prefer to pay a bit more and I can enjoy a better visiting hours. FYI, I only visit him on Sat morning. He will works from a few clinics in KKH during day time on weekday, If i not wrong the consultation fees is only Abt $10 cheaper and waiting time is much longer.

Hi I chance back upon here when I was looking for some other topics.

Jus wanna say HELLO to all of you and also Dr Han, if he is reading, haha..

My nick appears somewhere in 2006, wow, that was 7 years ago! My #2 is already a k2. My #1 is P3 this year. Both delivered by Dr Han via C-sec.

How times fly.

Chloegal, I am glad to read the good news that Dr Han is still staying in KKH to serve "Singapore Women", hahaha... You put it in a cute way.

BTW, can I have a request? Could you PM me the newspaper cutting again? I think I am the one who circulated the original copy coz that article was publised on my birthday, Oct 21, and my hb happend to buy "The NewPaper" that day.

Well, my PC crashed, everything was gone.. and thanks ladies, you ladies keep the articles "well and alive".

If it's OK, do share the newsaper cutting pix with me too
happy.gif

Grateful and appreciate, Cholegal.

Such a long time that I did not visit this thread, didn't even though the rumour that he is leaving.
I did my surgery in June last year (still as humurous as before), revisiting him in June again. Indeed he is such a lovable gynae.
Prettibride - dun worry so much, he gave good advices, take one step at a time and be happy. Enjoy your pregnancy.

hi... want to check the scan machine they use at tps.. is it the more sophiscated type that is used for detail scan ?
thanks for sharing in advance.

thinking of switching to dr han...

Back