Dr Han How Chuan from KKH

Hi, I'd made my 1st appt check up w DR Han this coming Wed at AMK KK Women Clinic after working hr. What's e first time charges? Any check up package available so far?

Hi may i ask KKH delivery and stay good>??? i m thinking either KKH or Mt A...thinking about the services and overall.... which gynae u all went n find stitching skills good, all well?? assuring?? thank u~~ :D

Anyone hv recent review on Dr Han? I've book to see him in Apr as my senior gynae reject my case due to too many patients.

I am back to see Dr Han for my 2nd pregnancy, he has grown 'rounder', but still as forgetful. But still the nice gynae as i remembered him to be. His clinics are also still as packed, so no chance of reducing my waiting time.

Hi,

I want to sell Brand New Clearblue Fertility Monitor + Test Sticks + Ovulation Test Sticks.

$200 only for 4 Boxes (All Brand New):

1 box : Clearblue Fertility Monitor
2 boxes : Clearblue Fertility Monitor Test sticks (30pcs per box) - Expiry : Aug 2014
1 box : Clearblue Ovulation Test Sticks (20pcs) - Expiry : Aug 2014

Please email to [email protected] if you are interested.

Hi bit bit, nice to hear from u again. I still have that newspaper cutting with me. Maybe u can give me your email add so I can email to u.
I just delivered my No.4 by Dr Han in Dec 2013. My edd was suppose to be Mar 2014 but my boy came out early. Dr Han still help me to deliver my baby even though I downgrade my class due to pre term delivery at 27 weeks. He was there to visit me when I happened to be in labour. Really appreciate and grateful for his help in delivering my baby . He will always be my No1. Gynae.

Hello, What is the difference from seeing Dr Han in TPS, AMK KK Clinic and other clinic?
Is there a price different? Beside waiting time, anything else.
Anyone had any idea how much is his doctor fee for delivery?

I just tried to book an appointment with Dr Han, they told me his appointment is only for evening weekdays and sat only.
Means I have to pay extra for evening or weekend appointment. sigh.......

Got free fruit and hot drinks at TPS in KK kidding aside, im happy with dr han. Very supportive and non-judgemental :)

Got free fruit and hot drinks at TPS in KK kidding aside, im happy with dr han. Very supportive and non-judgemental :)

Cannot deny Dr Han is a good doctor that's why i chose him from my previous experiences with him.
But just cant harp on the extra we have to pay cos no option for weekday normal hours slot....;)

Anyone know what is Dr Han delivery fee for natural and C-sec?
Wanted to do some planning since there is an incensement of $30-$40 for each session. Haiz~

any other recent reviews about Dr Han ?

Hi, I was with him in 2014 for my first pregnancy. He was very jovial and easy going which was nice until something went wrong. I was having very bad back cramps for a week which would have been a warning sign to all gynaes but he would only give me two days mc and he didn't conduct further checks, telling me that backaches are normal (mine was bad enough for me to go to A&E and also see him). He was too relaxed about the whole episode and after I lost the baby in second trimester, he was very nonchalant and jovial which wasn't something my family and I appreciated at that stage. I think he's gd for low risk pregnancies and younger mothers without complications (I had a very big fibroid heading into the baby and he still joked about how at 8cm, the fibroid was a lucky number). I have since switched to an older and more cautious gynae in private practice. But Dr Han did a fibroid op for me and his stitching skills were gd (I had no pain or complications) and the nurses at kkh are really wonderful (but I did stay in the A1 ward so not sure if that was a factor). Hope this helps.

Hi Mommies,

Just curious...

Companied my wife to Dr Han, he is great, mommy and baby is developing well. Just that I pop 1 question to Dr Han whether my wife can continue her prenancy milk powder with the doctor's prescription of supplements, Dr Han replied that 'yun fu nai fen mei you yong de, he wan jiu bu yao mai le, lang fei qian, he pu tong nai fen jiu ke yi le' , translating to english meaning to say 'pregnancy milk powder is useless, dont buy anymore after finish current bought, is a waste of money, drink normal milk powder is fine'. I was rather taken surprise by his words because my friends and online reviews were positive about prenancy milk powder. Any of you ladies or guys experience this reply from Dr Han too?

I saw Dr. Han for my first pregnancy in Oct 2017. We waited for around 2 hours but only had a short 5 mins meetup with him. He looked very rushed, continuously looking at his phone and even took some of the calls which sounded like he needed to rush for an emergency delivery in near time. We felt like we did not get the attention and care we deserve, given we paid quite a plenty ($200ish). Then he asked me to quickly lie on the bed so he could scan my tummy. After which he went to check my breast and explained to me that I will have a lot more lumps than usual. Then, he asked to watch out for it myself. This might sound disturbing but the way he examined my breasts was very abrupt and harsh. It does not help that my breasts were rather sore. At that point of time, I doubted myself if I chose the right gynae. We were also not given ample time to ask questions and neither he seemed to be very willing to receive questions from us. So the session quickly ended with his prescription for me. We discussed if we wanted to continue with him after. But given the positive reviews given by a lot of moms out there, we decided to give him a second chance. Came our second appointment, we waited even longer as he was in the middle of delivery as well. When he came back, he looked a bit more relaxed and he even had time to joke around with us.

Everything seemed fine until the week 13, when we did our down syndrome scan. We found out that our baby's heart showed some anomaly hence needed further checks. To cut the story short, we did not receive any follow up calls or appointments from Dr. Han's clinic, neither did he offer to review the result with us. When asked about the result in our next appointment, he only told us to liaise with the fetal scan center and to not discuss about appointments for the moment until we get better clarity. We were very disappointed with the treatment we received from the clinic. We found out later that his specialty (based on his title) is on Urogynecology which is focusing on disorder of the female pelvic floor, not on Obstetrics & Gynaecology (medical specialty on female reproductive organs' health and the management of pregnancy). So I think he could be okay for a smooth-running pregnancy, but not so much when you look for a reliable caring gynae to handle high risk cases.

Overall, the whole process in KKH is very much disjointed afterwards, different departments are not talking to each other and we were treated like an object being passed around from one doctor to another without a single point of contact. We decided to move our case to NUH based on some doctors' and friends' recommendation.

I think gynae experience is very much personal. While looking at forums might help, you need to experience it yourself to see if that works out for you. Hope this helps with your gynae hunting.

Back