DR FONG YANG at FONG CLINIC ( next to Tiong Bahru MRT )

puppy2006
woah.. look at ur cutie, so envy! Glad that both of u r doing well now.. n do hv a lot of rest.

Update:
Today is D4 of my puregon. I've been feeling a little bit bloated since ytday, esp aft meals or jus a drink of water.

Suppose to go collect more puregon 2molo.. duno if I shd do my scan also. Scan actually scheduled for thurs. Wil c how... nurse say if really bloated, wil scan 2molo instead.

Hi,

Just seen Dr Fong last week. i have symptoms of PCOS and endometriosis. sigh. doctor just gave me medicine to delay next month menses and to start on clomid to track if i ovulate.

Can i check if anyone took medicine to delay menses before? If yes, after taking the medicine, how many days did it take before your menses come? was calculating the dates but it dont tally. Suppose to go for scanning on D10 of new cycle but the appointment date seems to be D20 assuming my menses come right after i stop my medicine. anyone can advise? Thanks.

hi haze1ine and tinkerbelle, thanks for the reply! hehe yah good to chance upon this thread. very informative, oh and the baaby is so cute!
happy.gif

dolphy
U can call up to check with the nurses.. they wil be more than willing to clear ur doubts.

I hv taken med to INDUCE menses.. takes abt 2-3 days for menses to come aft I finish the course. So I believe, urs shd be abt the same.

Dun worry, u're in good hands.
happy.gif

elina
No problem.
happy.gif

hi haze1ine,

i called the nurses already but they were not sure. i have to call back tomorrow to speak to Dr Fong directly instead. i think he assumed my menses will only come 5 days after i stop the med.

dolphy
actually I dun understand, why mus delay nex mth's menses then u can start clomid leh?

I rem I took my clomid aft AF... thk D5 of my cycle. But I wasn't under Dr Fong then lah, was under another gynae.

Clomid nv work for me.. but it does for some. So hope u're one of them..
happy.gif

Jus curious, u call the TB clinic or the paragon one? Today's he's in TB.. which clinic did u go to for ur appt?

in year 2005, i was given med to induce AF to come, but after waiting for 9 days, AF still dun wan to show up. I was doing my health screening at KKH, i was made to have urine test to see if i'm preg, i was way overdue for AF, to my surprise... i was preg! so i called up Dr fong's clinic to check if the med i was taking safe for preg. if in doubt, might wanna get a test kit to test it out..

haze1ine, i think ur body is reacting to the puregon. happy for you. the bloated you're the higher chance! have you been taking the raw egg white mixture? very soon u'll be one of us!
happy.gif

puppy, congrats!!!!! ur bb very cute!

bbleo
I down 3 egg whites ytday... I dun thk it's enuff. I heard some say they hv to eat up to 6-8 per day! *faint*

I scared kanna OHSS leh.. cos my dosage pretty high n I also hv PCOS. A bit contradicting.. one side u're worried u wun hv enuff reaction, the other side u're worried u'll be over simulated!

I thk jus let it be lah.. wotever wil be, wil be.
happy.gif

I'm looking forward to my ww2... to start rotting at home! haha

haze1ine
coz based on calculation, i will be on biz trip during next month's ovulation period. so i asked dr fong if can delay menses so that ovulation period can be delayed so that can start clomid and then he can scan on D10 to see if i ovulate. that's why he give me medi to delay.

hopefully clomid works for me... dr fong kept consoling me, mayb this month i will strike already on my own without clomid... he was much more positive about me getting preggie than myself.

what is OHSS? why must take egg whites?

Ladies
Update:
Left Ovary: 6.5 x 2, 7, 11.5 (4 nos)
Right Ovary: 7.5 x 3, 8, 9 x 2, 9.5, 10, 10.5 (9 nos)
Lining: 12mm

ER: Mon, 27 Oct 08
ET: Thurs, 30 Oct 08

Will go for a final scan on Sat to confirm (but clinic already book ER date liao, dr fong said even though Mon is PH, nvm. He said lab wil stil open if needed. I dun hv to worry abt that, and last thing, worried abt him coming back! Cos he said I looked worried...)

He said I'm responding well... though somehow, my right ovary is better than my left (my previous 2 IUI, my left has the dominate follicles both times!).

He nv mention anything abt OHSS, I told him I felt bloated.. he said feeling bloated is a good thing!

It's faster than I thought leh! I'm really excited by it all!

dolphy
OHSS is Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome. Usually, ppl with PCOS tends to get that aft IVF simulation. Raw egg whites r suppose to be good to prevent bloatness that OHSS wil cause.

Dr Fong always hv a way to make u feel very assured.
happy.gif

hazeline

I am so excited for you !!! wah Dr Fong is really supporting and assuring hor ?

keep us updated and remember to rest and relax OK ?

haze1ine, not too sure about ivf procedure but seems like you are progressing smoothly. that's good news! soon you will have a bb growing in you!
happy.gif

ya, Dr fong is very nice and supporting. before this, i have seen him for cramps and stuff in the past. he is very nice and reassuring.

dolphy
I hope so too.. but I know nothing's 100%. But I've tried wot I can and I know he has done his best also.

Like they said.. this forum is like for Dr Fong's fans liao lor. haha

Wow haze1ine, great to hear the good news! That's good that u'll be able to do ER and ET soon and the excitment is coming...
happy.gif

Remember all u need to do is to rest rest rest and relax relax relax...
happy.gif

Haze1ine,

So far so gd.. at times, she can be as mischieve (like last sunday and last night). Crying for more milk but actually using milk as comfort to make herself falls asleep...else she's alright...she'll wake up every 3 hrs for her milk... play a while and then fall asleep again...

as for me, I'm a working cow for her... need to express my BM out every 2 hrs...'cos it's leaking like a tap so if not my breast pad needs to change more frequent...I told my sis and she LOL

Haze1ine, i'm very excited for you and look forward to receive your gd news! 2wks from 30 oct, u'll have to do a blood test to test for preg hormones!!!! see... told you... the process will be fast.

puppy2006
Thk got supply is better than being dry lor. And since she's happy with that.. good lor.

BBs hv good life lah.. eat, sleep, sh*t! haha

bbleo
I'm very chicken one leh.. I dun thk I'll do a pee test at home on my own. So wil patiently wait to go do my blood test.

Hope Dr Fong can create magic for me leh... like wot he has done for all of u here.

hazeline

STRIKE STRIKE STRIKE !! ehehhe maybe U shld buy 4D and TOTO .. then strike 3 times ! hahaha

puppy

hey u seems to have lotsa supply ya ? that's very good ! but remember the more u pump the more milk u have and once ur supply is established, u need to empty ur breast very frequently. If u dont some ladies may get engorgement and then infection etc. Cos I see that u pump every 2 hrs which is very frequent leh !!

anyway more milk is better than none right?

Hihi ladies,

Hows is everyone?

Puppy,
Congrates on your smooth delivery of bb Caitlyn! She's so cute...

Haze1ine,

Strike, Strike, Strike.... Congrat on ur smooth IVF procedure....

can check anyone see Dr Fong Yang for other conditions besides delivering? I found that I got a 2cm nodule in my ovary. I would like to seek a second opinion. Would he hv experience in these things?

What are his charges? Would seeing him in Paragon more expensive? Thanks. Really need some help on this. I am really afraid I might have ovarian cancer.

Hi blueblue
Sorry to hear abt ur condition. But dun worry, I'm sure u wil be fine.
happy.gif

http://www.mygynae.com.sg/

U can call up his clinic to enquire. Check out his website for services provided.

As far as I know, the nurses told me the rates are the same, except Paragon includes GST.

Hi Ladies

Updated:
Left: 19, 14.5, 12, 12.5, 15, 14 (8 nos.)
Right: 12.5,14,12.5,15,15.5,14.5,14,16 (6 nos.)
Lining: 12mm
Confirm ER: Tues, 27 Oct 08, 8.30am
ET: Fri, 31 Oct 08

ER pushed back to Tues.. cos Dr Fong said my follicle growth slowed down. He consulted Lai Cheng n they decide on hving ER on Tues instead wil be a better choice.

The nos. seems a bit diff, I guess the u/s scan is jus a gauge...

Dr Fong this morning got 3 deliveries! He only manage to come in aft 10am. I ask him got sleep or not? He said got... a few hrs! He said it's his job.
happy.gif

hazeline

congrats !! dont worry too much ok ... leave the job to Lai Cheng and Dr Fong. they are the PROS ....
happy.gif

yeah dr fong is always so busy. think he hardly get a rest if mummies all deliver closely. sometimes I wonder if two babies come out almost at the same time how ? hehe

Congrats haze1ine, great to hear that ER is coming for you... All the best and remember to rest well and relax...

Keep us updated...
happy.gif

lbt & puppy2006
Thx.. up my eggwhite intake to 6. Nv really ask Dr Fong how many I shd take. I told him I took 3 per day, he say try n take more!

bbleo told me she took eggwhite up to 3 mths! *faint*

6 per days is still ok... before my ER, Dr Fong asked me to take 6 per day.. after ET, I was told to take at least 8 per day... the worst was 10 per day...

I took the eggwhite till my 2nd scan of my pregnancy, think is about 8 weeks into the pregnancy...
sad.gif
though yucky but worth it...
happy.gif

Be positive and am sure u'll strike... remember to relax and rest...

Haze1ine,

All the best and gd luck... Most impt... RELAX RELAX and REST REST REST...
happy.gif

U r sure under the gd hands of Lai Cheng and Dr Fong...
happy.gif

hazeline

mai kan cheong ah !! just take things easy. the eggs retrieval is v fast and I think u will experience some mild cramps after that. the ET is more tedious as u need to load ur bladder before Dr Fong can put in the embroys.

JIA YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haze1ine, feeling excited for you. and yes, ER is still consider the appetitizer only. u'll be feeling better alrite after the procedure. it's the ET that is more tedious. i almost cried out on ET cos my bladder is gonna burst any min. it was really torturing but hey... it's worth the it cos i'm preg! be strong! and hear the good news soon!!!!

Hi ladies,

i am new to this thread, i had missed my menses for 18 days now, thinking to consult Dr Fong to have a blood test as I had tested 2 times negative for pregnancy test
happy.gif

can i know usually how long does it take to know the results for blood test and the cost of it??

Ladies
I'm back.. actually back in the pm but went to rest.

Total 21 follicles extracted... but dun thk a lot wil be fertilised cos all along, I've suspected I hv low quality eggs. But it's a good no. so hopefully, I'd manage to hv some to transfer!

I was feeling pretty alright aft ER. But when I came back.. aft I slept, I've got cramps n backache leh. Not sure if it's normal.. nothing was given for cramps leh.
sad.gif

Aiyoh.. I hv problems holding bladder one leh. That wil be a big test for me lor... hv to hold it for 4 hrs??? Die lah...

taregal
If u go for ur bloodtest in the am, usually results shd be out in the pm. If u go in the pm, then likely nex am results out.

Not sure if they'd ask u to take another pee test... hehe Cos that one, instant results mah.

Good luck to u..!
happy.gif

hazeline

tmr lai cheng will called u to inform you on the fertilisation results.

the cramp is normal, dont worry.
happy.gif

eh u dont need to hold the bladder for so long lah ... just drink lotsa water before ET. probably hold 30 min to 1 hr depending on the waiting time. that time my bladder almost burst but I "lun" then Dr Fong scan scan .. ask me release ! wah i was so thrilled ... like tio 4D and cheong to the toilet ! ahah

lbt
Normal ah? I tot it's OHSS leh... I feel much better today.. jus stil hv backache.

oh... an hr. Hv to simulate my mind not to thk abt it. I hope I can do it.. for the sake of wot I've already gone thru n.. my wish to hv a child.

Yahlor... feeling a bit kancheong.. waiting for that call from Lai Cheng. Realised I dun hv my hp near my bed so.. end up waking up early! *sigh*

kelcqi
Most of the ladies here r success stories of Dr Fong.. I'm waiting for my turn to come! haha

the fastest way to build up the urine in the bladder is to drink tea, pinkie tot me that and she din warn me the build up comes fast, so my bladder was near to explosion!!! so when finally everything's over, and dr fong drained my urine, i was near to tears! during ET, u have to be as relax as possible so tat dr fong can perform his art accurately and fast. lai cheng very good, really close monitor the growth of the eggs. so u should be good. Good luck!!!!

am i right that she's a pregger? has she pop???

cramps and a little spotting after ER is norm. i have it. but after ET, all movement have to be as graceful as possible and remember no sex for 3 mths and continue to take the raw egg whites so that the bloatedness can be controlled. according to eileen, if u're preg, the bloatedness will be harder to go away and tat the protein in raw egg white is good for the bb, can make bb strong.

1st trimester, don't take any herb, let the bb grow as naturally as possible. wat i did was just take folic acid and vit c so i dun fall sick.

relax relax relax relax...

Ladies
Lai Cheng jus called me.. she said out of 17 (hmmm.. I was told 21 ytday), abt 10 are good matured eggs. And out of these 17, 8 are fertilised normally, while 3 appears abnormal and the rest, not fertilised.

I ask her wot is abnormal? She said meaning only hv one neucleus. She said jus like sperm, eggs also hv abnormal ones.

ET is booked for Fri at 9am. She'll call me again 2molo to update.

Count my blessings.. count my blessings, that's wot a friend told me. I guess I shd at least hv embryos for transfer come Fri.. so I shd be happy n not c too much into these figures.
happy.gif

bbleo
I'm not worried abt building up bladder, I get full bladder pretty fast. I'm jus worried abt holding it for that long lor.

Hmm.. guess cannot escape the eggwhite thing for at least til the 1st tri.

Oh.. I only c Lai Cheng upper half! haha Cos I was laying there on the surgical bed n she came n talk to me. Somemore I nv wear specs n cannot wear contacts.. so I'm half blind! haha

I dun thk she's preggie though. She's kinda petite, rite? I thk she has curly hair.. those small small curls one, but she's wearing the cap so can't c properly also. She's wearing glasses too.. that I can c!

I'm thking of 3 leh.. but Dr Fong n the nurses all told me, they wil discuss it only on day of ET. And a lot depends on my situation, and the embryos quality. I thk Dr Fong usually wil suggest only 2. I ask him b4 and he said for my age, it's usually 2 cos multiples carries a lot of risk n I might end up with none.

But I talk over it with my DH. We thk the chances of us striking all 3, is very minimum (2% says the stats). So we thk in order to maximise our chances, we'd prefer putting in 3 and hoping.. to at least strike 1 lor.

We'll c how then lah. Maybe on that day itself, we'll be advise otherwise leh.

Back