DR FONG YANG at FONG CLINIC ( next to Tiong Bahru MRT )

Hi Miko
I recently consulted Dr Fong Yang for 2nd opinion.. My hubby and I found him to be friendly, approachable and informative.

He is willing to listen to wat we have gone thru for the past 1 year.. read our HSG and SA report.. He even printed my vaginal scan result for me to keep.. And he even measured the size of my womb for me.. which my former gynae never did before..

FYI, we saw him at his new Paragon's clinic..
happy.gif

Hi All,
I had a miscarriage 6 mths ago. Also having PCOS. Am seeing a chinese physician at Jurong East. She recommended me to see Dr Fong Yang if I conceive again next time. My chinese physician told me that Dr Fong Yang will do all the HCG & P4 blood test & will monitor my condition closely. Anyone out there can give me more assurance if this gynae is good? What's his charges & where will he be delivering? Thks

hi qwer
i juz delivered abt a mth ago by Dr Fong, also like you, recommended by this chinese physician at JE, also have miscarriages b4. As Sandy said, Dr Fong is very friendly and helpful, what i like most abt him is he won't insist any treatment on you if you r uncomfortable,like i didn't want to do vaginal scan for 1st 3 mths, he juz scheduled a later date for me to do a tummy scan. he also advocate natural birth, though he will not discourage you if it is casearean you want. His charges are ok, i went for casearean, and doc's charge is ard 1500-1700,he can help delivery at most pte hosp (except suburban ones, like eastshore), but he recommended Mt Alvernia, coz' it's cheaper than Gleneagles, Mt E, etc. The younger clinic assistant with slight curly hair is also very nice, she can answer your questions if you call.
Btw, for the chinese physician, i didn't go back to her after 1st consultation. heard not very gd comments abt her. coz' she said the same things to her patients. did she say something like: your nose is not straight? she said that to 2 of my frens, then she said my womb is "not straight" as well??!!

Liz
U right.. He is not persistant lor.. He even asked my hubby while preparing me for my v-scan, if we prefer to conceive naturally or thru IUI..

does he deliver in TMC or not?

<font color="0000ff">Hi Liz,</font>
Thanks for your information. And <font color="ff0000">CONGRATS</font> on your new bundle of joy!! Indeed my womb is tilted. But it was diagnosed by a gynae during v-scan. Not by JE physician.

I'm still contemplating cos I don't feel comfortable with male gynae. However lots of pple told me, aiyah...juz don't care lah....the gynae is already 'numb', so dun feel pai seh etc.... Juz checked &amp; realised that East Shore hospital charges not cheap also. Sigh.....think if that's the case, I'll hv to choose Mt Alvernia too. Though quite far from my place (East), anyway it's juz a few days stay there.

Hi qwer
at first I also dislike the idea of having a male gynae, but in the end the whole process not so paisei, coz' i only did tummy scan, then i have c-section with GA, so basically, even the male gynae sees the pte areas i also don't know loh...juz that i was told to do a post-op pap smear by this month...
Anyway, good luck to you!

Hi all,

i also had a miscarriage one mth ago. JE chinese doctor told me i have PCOS and advise me to go fong if pregnant next time to do P4 and HCG test...
i wen to chris chen to scan for PCOS, it seems no sign of it, so i dun know whether go or not.

anyone know how is the stitching skill of his?

<font color="0000ff">Hi Pochacco,</font>
Maybe u can go &amp; see another gynae (not recommended by JE chinese physician) to get 2nd opinion? My PCOS was diagnosed in yr 2001. I was on JE's physician medicine for 8 mths then I conceived. My gal is 2 yrs old now. 2nd pregnancy 6 mths ago not successful. JE physician told me to do HCG &amp; P4 test. She said PCOS pple hormone level not high to support the foetus &amp; the foetus heartbeat can't develop well. I didn't test, after a few days, I miscarriaged at 7 wks. So if in future I conceive again, I will 'obey' &amp; go test.

I juz went to see her this morning. She reminded me repeatedly that I must test it in future. She said if I don't feel comfortable with the male gynae she recommended, I can juz see this male gynae for abt 3.5mths. She said let him monitor me closely, take blood test every 2-3 days, then if hormone not enough, every 2-3 days injection. She said when 1st trimester stabilise, if I wan2 switch to another gynae nearer my place (East side), then by all means. I will heed her advise this time.

<font color="aa00aa">Liz,</font>
Thank you.

hi qwer, thanks for your advise. what are the sign which you have to confirm you got PCOS?
which gynea you went?

me too forgot to test when she last time tell me (before i pregnant)... next time round will heed advice, anyway no harm to test (just to tolerate the pain of extracting blood).

<font color="0000ff">Hi Pochacco,</font>
I had very irregular menses in yr 2001. This is one of the symptom of PCOS. I also went to Christopher Chen for scanning last time &amp; PCOS was confirmed. What about your signs? My previous gynae was Dr SY Chew (a female) at Gleneagles. Ya, no harm to test, but if really low must take injection every 2-3 days....aiyoh....

hi qwer, i have not much sign, maybe menses is lightly later... but chris chen confirmed "no sign of PCOS"... i also dun know got or not... next time be good girl take blood test... your first pregnancy no need to go thru the blood test?

<font color="ff6000">Hi Pochacco,</font>
Ya, my 1st pregnancy didn't go thro blood test to test the hormone level. Everything was very smooth sailing, no morning sickness, no injection, no problem at all.

Dr Fong Yang was previously in SGH, I was working the Obstetrics and Gynaecology Dept Lab at that time, he was a friendly and humble gynae, the only doctor popping by to chat with us lab technicians and officers. Even offer to lend us a place in his house for a gathering party. He's a very experienced doctor and I'll never forget him.

<font color="0000ff">Hi Angela,</font>
Thanks a lot. I've decided to see Dr Fong Yang if I conceive again in future.

Dr Fong Yang also worked in CARE (centre in Assisted Reproduction)in Singapore General Hospital before he went into private practice. He's good with fertility problem (women and male). I know him while I was working in the lab, at that time he was actively doing scientific research with my boss. He's also spoke in seminars and often joked that he's the only guy in the dept and thus stood out in the crowd. Thus had to be the speaker. He's a jovial doctor, humble and kind, never looked down on people in other professions e.g. nurses, lab technicians.

Hi all,

Anyone done IVF/ICSI at Care before?

Angela, hv u know of any succeed rate done by Dr Fong in there?

Pls advise.

Cafe
How are U? Hope I m not too late to reply U on yr posting...

Dr Fong 1st time consultation is $70 and subsequent consultation is $45.

His waiting time is not long.. normally he will spend approx 15 to 20 mins per patient.. his nurses does a good job in time allocation..
happy.gif

U thinking of seeing Dr Fong?

Hi Sandy,

U went to Dr Fong Yang to seek opinion b4 trying to conceive? Wat is HSA and SA report?

Y need to measure size of womb? Is it nec? I juz had miacarriage end Apr and my gynae is Dr WH Kee also.

Hey JanTeo,

I am currently with Dr WH Kee but looking at your threads, it appeared that he may not be s good as what I perceived. Was it a really bad experience for you to have him as gynae? As this is my first child, I am not too sure what are the practices of the other gynaes other than Dr Kee. Can u advice me on this please? Shd I switch?

Hi Jan
Yup i went to see Dr Fong as a 2nd opinion cos I've been with Dr WH Kee since last year but no result..

HSG is a x-ray procedure to check if there is any blockage to your fallopian tubes. And SA is sperm analysis of your hubby's sperm to check on the motility and condition of his sperm.

While I was with Dr Kee, he never measure my womb. I find Dr Fong to be more detailed and gentle lor as compared to Dr Kee who is always so rush for time..

Hi Sandy,

Does Dr. Fong's clinic offer any consultation/check up packages? Wow, I am now quite enticed to change my current gynae for him looking at the overwhelming and commenerable feedback on him!

Hi anyone having an ongoing session with Dr Fong?
I was in a rush after delivery coz' relocating overseas, unable to say thanks to him. could anyone help me pass him a message? thanks!

Hi Clarice
If I m not wrong, I think his clinic has got such package. Maybe you can call either his clinic at Tiong Bahru (Tel: 62767727) or Paragon (Tel: 63336636) to inquire further..
happy.gif

Hi,
anyone did IUI with Dr Fong before? I'm thinking whether to go to Dr Fong for IUI instead cos his Tiong Bahru clinic is very convenient for me.

But is he always in his TB clinic? Do we need to wait very long to make an appt with him?

Hi, all. I am too recommended by the JE Chinese Doc to him.

I just went to see Dr Fong Yang yesterday. Understand that he is at Paragon on tue, thurs and sat only. Maybe for the rest of the days, he is at Tiong Bahru.

So far, any mothers delivered under him? Can share on the experience? Thanks a million!!

Hi ladies

Went to see Dr Fong last nite. He really impressed me. He is very friendly, patient and honest doctor. He will listen and answer any questions that you have and he is not pushy in asking you to take his treatment. He will tell you to go back and consider first and let him know whether you want to continue with his treatment. His charges are also quite reasonable.

I was delivered by Dr Fong Yang ard 3 months ago, by C-section. I think his stitchings are good, I mean I don't have experience of being "stitched" by other gynae, so don't really know how you judge whether good or not. But so far, no infection, I got down the bed the 2nd or 3rd day of op...

Hi beary
how are U getting on? lately we did not see U inside our TTC thread.. hope to see you soon..
happy.gif

meanwhile, take good care of yourself.. and have confidence in Dr Fong. He is a good and responsible gynae.
happy.gif

Hi Sandy

Maybe I feel a bit funny going into the thread cos I have stopped TTCs because of the treatment.
Still the same after the jab, no improvement at all. I will go back to Dr Fong for the injection should after the second jab from my current gynae still does not improve my condition. You are right, Dr Fong is quite sincere and honest about my condition. He does not hestitate in answering my question. Quite impressed by his sincerity and frankness in answering my questions. Glad that Jen and Carrie encouraged me to see him..
happy.gif

Hi beary
no worries.. we can always chat here too..
happy.gif

So u r seeing Dr Fong as a 2nd opinion? Jenny and Carrie are also seeing him at his Tiong Bahru Clinic.. me at Paragon one.

Dont worry, u will get well and recover soon.
happy.gif

Take good care and have a wonderful weekend.

Hi Sandy

Actually, I am seeing Dr Fong as a third opinion and partly bcos of the JE TCM but I dun think I will go back to JE TCM. I will go back to see Dr Fong rather than the JE TCM. I am seeing him at his Tiong Bahru clinic cos I can only go in the evening. Thanks for the encouragement. Take Care and have a nice weekend..
happy.gif

Hihi

I am seeing Dr Fong for endometriosis. Can anyone advise on his laproscophy skills?

Also, how much does IUI cost of done by Dr. Fong? How's the procedure like? Do you need a half day to be there?

Thanks!

sandy ~ I am also seeing him @ Paragon branch leh. So how often do u have to see him for review?? congrats to ur pregnancy here again.

hi jenny
thanks again my dear...
happy.gif

maybe we have met b4 in Paragon branch.. keke

now i m seeing him every 3 weeks.. just saw him last Sat..
happy.gif

Back