DR FONG YANG at FONG CLINIC ( next to Tiong Bahru MRT )

eheh Angel

u r back in action here !!!
happy.gif

eh thought your company ban this website ?

angel,
i'm already in my 3rd mth, can I still drink the tea or not? will it still be able to help? do we have to drink everyday and then stop drinking once the milk supply goes up?

hi mummies...
got a question abt storing EBM...i read tht EBM can keep in the lower deck for 48 hrs...if dun use by then transfer to freezer...but recently i read a book abt breastfeeding, the author state tht EBM can be kept in the lower deck for only 8 hrs...thereaft gotto put in freezer liao...so which 1 shd i follow...how did u gals store?

zoses

actually i dont recommend transferring EBM stored in lower deck to freezer. If u want to keep in the freezer, you shld do that immediately after you have expressed to freeze the properties in the milk at that pt of time of express. But of cos, bear in mind that nutrients will be lost once u freeze it.

I usually keep EBM in lower deck for <= 48hrs. Else I will discard.

labbit,

I on and off still sneak in here. Not like last time desk bounded cos kena from ah fong can't walk too much.

How is your motherhood ?? Enjoyable ??

tinklebell,

Do you need an electric pump. I ve a spare ameda dual electric pump to let go. It is abt 4yr old and condition is good. Willing to let go at $150.
Got it at $300 those days. Saw in Robinson now it's $350.

Let me know if you are keen

Hi Angel, thanks for your offer but my friend already passed me her electric breast pump. Why don't u try posting it at WTS section?

hi angel

motherhood is good ! but hectic lor .. but I think u r more tired than me ya ?

how's big and small jun ??

my gal kana throat infection lasst week. Fever come and go ... today so far so good but can hear her coughing ...

PD says the virus is v strong lor ..
sad.gif

thanks labbit...
hope ur racheal getting better now. aiyo...for the past mth...i've been storing my EBM the wrong way...think gotto throw all away or else my phoebe will lau sai...luckily she dun wanna drink from bottle...or else...
btw i m using the avent steriliser...i use cool boiled water or tap water har? aiyo...me & hubby so blur...

angel
aiya...i shd ask if any mummies here wanna let go pump cos last mth i was planning to get the medela 1 but find it too costly..so bought the avent 1 instead...if i knw u wanna sell the ameda 1 sure will get from u cos ameda 1 oso very gd..

labbit,

For me yes, it is really a big challenge for us working mothers.

Last mth, we were supposed to go to Awana resort in genting, last minute, my younger one caught the bug from babysitter and he was coughing and dev into bronchitis. Went to mt a suck out phlegm then started on antibotics. Initially I reject pd idea cos he is tbf but dr overwrite my decision and went ahead. The virus these days are too strong.

Sometime later, there is one morning, I woke up, I found my left b very full and engorged. It is always the case and I will get the most milk in the morning. But I just could not let down. That's why I urgently ask you for sister kang number. Went to her, she hand expressed out and cleared my blocked duct. I also don't know why since alr bf for more than 6 mths and still happened to me. Sister Kang told me when our body is too tired or stressed such thing will happen. Just like we take vits and still fall sick.

Another incident, I was doing my 4pm expressing in office. Totallty relaxed and listening to my hp radio with headset and fliping newspaper, almost full bottle and I realised my milk is like bandung drink, the rose milk. My nip gave way and bleed till I don't know. Funny thing is there is no pain at all, but i saw a big crack there.

Despite all these happening, me still persist on as both my boys are taking them, trying to push to give till 1 yrs old.

Small jun is taking avocado, spinach, apple puree and potato puree. Am still qualifying food. One top of these, I give fisocrem rice based cereal.

hi labbit & angel
wanna chk wif u gals when Dr fong do pap smear 6 weeks aft our delivery...wat other test will he do? like examine breast...chk size of uterus return to pre-pregnant size, blood pressure etc?
suppose to do my pap smear last week but still hv no & off spotting so deferred to next week.

Zoses,

When I went for pap smear, he doesn't check other things liao. Very specific.

So hv return to your original size to fit into your jog uniform ?? U wearing the kebaya ?? Me guessing the airline u flying ... cannot be too specific here !!

zoses

thanks ! my rachel is much better now. No more fever but coughing slighly which doesnt bothers her much. Her appetite has increased .. or rather back to normal lah
happy.gif

Maybe u want to check with http://www.breastfeeding.org.sg/ counsellor before you throw away your milk ok ?

ok as for the steriliser, u can actually use both. But using cool boiled water will makes ur steriliser last longer and during descaling, you will realised that your steriliser is cleaner. I am using cooled boiled water anyway.
happy.gif

As for the followup chkup with Dr Fong, it's only pap smear. You can bring ur gal there and take a photo with him ! hehehe if u go to Paragon's clinic, you can see my card there .... haha but you wont know which one is my gal ! heeh

hey u stay in SK ?? me too !!!

but sorry, i dont have any contacts for babysitter cos my mum takes care of Rachel.

Angel !!

yeeeks ! ur "bandung" story freeks me out !! you ok now ?

eh i am stopping BF v soon, ss dropped like nothing. Dont know why think it's becos of work stress.

As for the blocked ducts, I heard that mums with lotsa fats in their milk get this prob very frequently.

I have tried pureed Avocado, apple and pear for Rachel. ON top on that, she takes brown rice cereal/Heinz multigrained banana cereal and porridge with fish and carrot/chinese spinach/broccolli/potato.

I want to let her try pumpkin and sweet potato when she gets better.

Lucky for me, she is not a fussy eater !!

hey btw, how's the BRAINY FOOD book purchase coming along ?

Lbt,

Me still waiting cos i ve 2 books no stock le, want to bring all together than partial partial. If you want to get it can get at kino but less 10% with member, but u can look for out their 20% off store wide too

Ohhh... so my bmilk is super fatty...

Ya possible cos I take alot of fish oil in my diet now. Super booster to my b milk.

My baby is now 10.5kg and 74cm tall. He flips and turn his direction really fast. Also sticking up butt, think going into next phase, either sit or crawl liao.

angel

no prob I can wait for the book. Anyway I am referencing Annable Karmel's book now.
happy.gif

Wah ur milk really good ! my Rachel 6+ kg only ahhaha PD tell me dont worry cos she is born small... so ok lor. Jusst hope she is healthy alwayss
happy.gif

heeh me also KPO .. ya those were the days .. so fun !! btw I heard Dr Fong charges by the time now ... wah .... his biz must be so good !

labbit,

Me and dmy are arranging for our boys to go for gym class tog, so we can still meet and talk.

Keen to join us. Likely to be in the east side.

Hehe Angel, so did u get Dr Fong's age correct? I'm KPO also... He actually has 3 kids, the youngest being 3mths+ old!

So most of u mummies stay at the Northern end? To bad i stay at Tiong Bahru area.

Dr Fong does charge by time but so far i have been paying the same rate even though certain consultations were longer. Btw, how much did u all pay for his antenatal package back then?

tinklebell

hehe i think Dr Fong is 40+ lah.

I think I paid $600 for the package. Our another forum friend who had twins, paid $900.

Let me repeat my discoveries and findings ... hehehe..

When I first saw Dr Fong in yr2003, it was at TB clinic. Behind his seat, there hung all his cert.
When I saw the NUS Grad cert Yr dated 1990, I started to calculate in my mind.

I told him, wa, your graduation yr is not far from me le, cos I grad in 1993. Then he added, I medical school, 5 yrs le.

A Singaporean guy finishes his med studies locally will be 24 to 25 yrs. If he deferred his NS. So if he is 25yrs in yr 1990, how old is he now ??? 25 + 17 = ??? That is Dr Fong's age.

Simple !! So imagine how KPO I was those days 4 yrs back. Anyway, I am already black listed in his patient list. Super metal teeth ( Translate into Hokkien - Ti Kee )

Cos I didn't admit to Mt A hosp despite me having all the symptons of labour. I asked for discharge even I was spotting and 3 cm dilated.

Hehehe .. Me garang la.. Reason is I do not want to be induced and want a natural birth.

I had a c sect in first birth and I was determined to deliver my second baby naturally.

Alemak Angel, u're really kpo leh... So Dr Fong shd be abt 42 yrs old now? What an age to have an additional 3-mth-old child.

Labbit, i paid the same as u. Maybe he goes by the no. of babies he has to deliver. But not bad leh, 1 baby for $450 each... kekeke...

When did u all start to bring your babies to the PD? When do u need to bring the baby for vaccincations? Within 1st 3 mths or 6mths?

Anyone took up cordblood banking? Which one is better - Stemcord or Cordlife? How much is the premium? There is also a separate NTUC Income/Cordlife insurance that we can sign up for right? Nowadays kids really have a gd life leh. We didn't even have such thing as cordblood banking in the past.

TinkleB,

I didn't take up cord blood banking. The chances to re-use them is very low and as yrs passed the quality of the banked blood also drop. So I bought my boys hospital and medical insurance instd.

I ve asked my pd dr, abt this banking, she also tell it is like an insurance. Then I posted another qn, have any of her patients used the banked cord blood in her yrs of practice, she smiled at me. So answer is clr. Instd she asked me to donate to the public. My time I can't donate unless I deliver in KKh

lbt,

There are 3 diff gyms in the east, my little gym ( Marine parade ), Gymboree ( Marine Parade ) and JWT ( Katong )

TinkleB

same as ANgel, i did not opt for cord banking. Bought accident and hospitalisation plan for my gal instead.

In fact the cord blood you stored are only enough for kids below certain age. That's what I know. So, better research before you commit.

I heard MT A has tie up with Singapore public cord banking, so if you want to donate your cord blood, you have to inform Dr Fong or MT A in advance to make the arrangements to collect your blood.

hmmm... I rem after my delivery, i saw dr fong collecting my cord blood in a few test tubes. I wonder why. Angel, are yours collected ?

Ibt,

Same too, I saw Dr fong, drawing blood from the cord before delivery the placenta too.

It can also be for blood test like the the grouping and some genetic tests too.

Angel

oh ya hor ! forget abt those lab tests done in the hospital ! haha

ok trial I dont mind, but dunno if I can commit the time to go for classes. I would prefer not to interrupt Rachel schedule during the day cos she need to sleep after meals else she will be v cranky and restless .... then waste my $ !

hello hello

me back for a while kekeke

for new members to fong's club, i am the one with twins who paid $900 (as mentioned by labbit) and if u visit Paragon clinic, u will see my cross stitch in the other room (behind the seat)

my boys are 7 plus ~ 8kg now

angel labbit
ah fong's feng shui changed again now have purple butterflies keke the sun flowers on the side tables at the waiting area gone too

i didnt bring camera to take fong's photo with my boys. cos hubby "fainted" when i say want to bring camera, he buay song too cos i was very happy on appointment day :p

can meet up to do pap smear too next year... hehee can book 3 slots or more in a row then we turn his clinic upside down

free trial will be at baby inc?? the free vouchers in the Mt A bag?? hehe pai seh need to save $ cos hubby salary need to feed too many people :p

TinkleB
if i remember correctly to donate cord blood u need to fill up a stack of papers on the medical hisotry, for 3 generations. and u need to pay for the collection vechicle to come.

hi angel
i've bought the mother's milk tea from forum @ $10.30/box. the sales girl advise me to add brown sugar instead of honey cos she remind me tht baby under 1 year cannot take honey..
ur "bandang" milk story so scary...btw did u
save the "bandang" milk 4 ur 2 boys?
i dun hv the courage to try my uniform yet leh...but last week i try to wear my pre-pregnancy skirt...can fit..but a bit tight...think lost 2 more inches will be fine..
hv to try very hard to lost weight if nt gotto bring uniform go alter...then will kana "suan" by the company's tailor liao...hehehehe

hi labbit
thanks for the breastfeeding website but i've already throw all the EBM ( to play safe )
so u staying in SK area too ? my phoebe is almost 2 mths now & she weight 5.8kg & 60cm in length. ya...will bring camera when i go for my pap smear...wan 2 take a pic wif Dr fong then make him display on the wall...hehehehe...

labbit
so ur racheal's photo is displayed on the wall in his paragon's clinic? which 1? anyway all the babies photo there all very cute...
so the baby gym got trial 1 har? which 1 har? next time can bring phoebe there...

angel
i oso experience engorgment very often recently...i remember recently i discover a small lump on my right breast...then i freek out...so afraid...cos i still BFeeding...worried tht if i kana any illness then pass to my gal how? so i try to massage the lump when she suckle...thank God...the lump has disappear so to play safe..called jenny @ mt alvernia...she told me it's engorgment...nothing to worry...think oso like u...i take too much fish & fish oil liao...

hi zoses

you shld see this pic in one of the card on the wall...
784398.jpg

wah your bb is sooooooooooo heavy weight !

ya most of such baby classes offers trials before you commit.

DMG

eh how come you have internet access at MIL hse ??

tinklebell
tht time i oso considering banking phoebe's cord blood...so did a bit of research. cordlife can pay by instalment...stemcord cannot. think the inital paying is $1200. then yearly is $250. can store till ur child reaches 15years of age...the advantage is not only ur baby can use...u or hubby or ur 2nd baby can use oso..but if u wanna donate...hv 2 do a series of test...

labbit
ur rachel so sweet...so lovable & her double eyelid so nice...
btw i dun remember Dr fong got draw blood from my cord when i deliver leh...aiyo...tht time everything like so messy...everything happen so fast until i oso dunno wat's gg on...all i can remember is all the nurses & fong kept asking me to push...push...the pant when phoebe's head come out...the push push again then fong shouted for the PD to come cos phoebe's shoulder got stuck cannot come out...her heartbeat suddenly very very fast....i so scared...then dunno wat happen...then i could feel a sudden warmness on me...then i saw a bloodly baby on my chest liao..

labbit
currently i'm feeding my phoebe on demand in the day....but my friends advise me to set a feeding routine for her...any advise?

zoses

hahaha ur labour story sounds so funny ... sorry
happy.gif

aiyah my gal ah .. ya her double eyelid can mesmerise you but she is getting naughty ahah ...

actually wat's wrong with feeding on demand ? I read that it is not good to feed by schedule. found this article online:

<font color="0000ff">Others believe in listening to the signals each infant puts out. His body sends signals of hunger when appropriate and signals of being satisfied when the right amount of milk has been taken. And almost always, this is the correct amount to promote optimal growth.

Additionally, some (like the psychiatrist Erik Erickson) believe that by meeting a young infant's needs as they arise, the infant develops a sense of basic optimism and trust in the world.

So this author counsels to feed on demand. Your baby knows best what he needs. Follow his lead with regard to feeding and you'll rarely go wrong.</font>

as they grow older, they will slip into a feeding schedule, like every 3 hours. Dont worry. It's becos u r BF her now, i think it is not so orderly. Once u starts on bottle, u can will see her asking for milk consistently every few hrs.
happy.gif

Back