Confinement nanny

Dear all,

Really need good recommendations of CL as my wife's EDD is around mid-Nov 2014. Any kind members out there, pls PM me contacts. Really desperate leow as I oversee most of the stuffs as my wife is still in the midst of her non-stop 'morning sickness' routine....sigh..... thank you so much....

Hi Hi looking for CL, due mid dec this year. hence read this forum. am quite surprised to see several bad comments about Yuhua.
I have a close friend who swears by her, also introduced to her cousins and relatives. I met her several times when she was doing confinement for my friend who has been recommending her since before i got pregnant. Seems nice. Hence naturally she was my first choice but she wasn't available, because apparently she was engaged to do non confinement services for my said friend's aunty who pays her good money to just cook and clean. Frankly, I wasn't too pleased that as a professional confinement lady she chooses to take up more 'atas' job then to render services to help a first time mommy, somemore a regular's referral. but to be fair she was booked first. Perhaps its a blessing in disguise.

I have another recommendation for Atho Ah yi, indonesian chinese, scheduled to do a phone interview with her, reasonable charges. Has anyone engaged her services/heard about her before?

Hi, my end is 28th Dec 14.I am looking for confinement lady. Any good recommendation?
Thanks a lot.

Hi, my end is 28th Dec 14.I am looking for confinement lady. Any good recommendation?
Thanks a lot.

Hi
anyone has a good cl to recommend? my edd is aug. very last min as my mum supposed to help me but dad fell sick.

1 Jul 2013
This is the second time that we are engaging Aunty Mary and she is just as good as we remember her to be. Apart from being able to cook well and being good with the baby, she also helped massaged my baby. My baby was born slightly premature but Aunty Mary did such a good job of caring for her that you would not even realise now. My older child who was looked after by her when he was a newborn, is also especially close to her. I guess babies and children are able to sense when someone truly cares for them.
My email: [email protected]
Aunty Mary blog: marychengny.blogspot.com
Aunty Mary H/P no.: +60108847 576, 8300 8215

See for yourself

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/confinement-lady-aunty-mary.99627/

Hi, becos too many mummies have been asking me for my CL contact, I've edited my earlier post and stated my CL contact as above. Good luck to all the mummies finding CL.

Here are more comments about my CL Meiqing. (When I posted earlier, I was still in confinement) I shd say after spending 28 days with her, she is consistent with her working attitude, not just being nice for the first few days, she really loves my baby and my 3 year old, caring for her like her own grandkids, bathing, feeding, washing my girl's poop...etc, even small details like cutting fruits into small pieces for her..etc, however, I find that she is spoiling my baby, by carrying him too much rocking too much, so I didnt like it and I told her to just let him cry and leave him in the cot....if not after she leaves I will hv a hard time taking care of a spoilt baby who always wanted to be carried.

i hired Mei Qing during my CL in May. My nightmare started too:-
1) Before she left, she cut the rubber on my front load washing machine!!! I don't know is she purposely or she cut it because it is dirty. no common sense at all!!

2) She told me no need to wake bb up for milk. that time my bb has jaundice, kept sleeping.

3) most disgusting part is she put her comb n toothbrush in the kitchen drawer, together with spoons n forks!!

4) She can't multitask. Eating takes 20-30 mins!! even me also eat faster than her.

5) She ll expect u to look after bb yr own. there was a night bb cranky until 11om++, she passed the bb to me n told bb "nah, give u bel to yr mummy!"

6) There was a night i noticed she put the tablecloth into a pot that we used to cook soup n dessert!! oh my god! thenxt day used the same pot to cook dessert again!

7) She can't mop n sweep the floor well. she won't mop the floor for u unless u ask..

many more stories with her during these 28 days. btw, she is indonesia chinese, so maybe different culture.

Hi 2014 Mums, just a notification not to engage CL by the name of Ying Jie. She is a nightmare. Period.
Hi FT Parent, mind to share more abt this ying jie? I just met 1 ying jie, but need ur info for clarification...u can SMS me at 97918013...thanks a lot...

Hi FT Parent,
My friend recommended my a CL also named Ying Jie, can you let me know her contact no to verify if it's the same person? I'm supposed give her a deposit to confirm the job by Feb. Thanks!
Hi davidmum, so did u engaged this ying jie?

i'm very happy with my confinement lady and wouldnt mind to help her to promo here.
she cook great food and always asked me for my favourite dishes to make sure i eat well!
most importantly, she took good care of my newborn and clean my house too without ANY single complaint during the whole month.
definitely will hire her again for my future confinement~~~

u can contact her Aunty Agnes +60164900565 (unfortunately she cant speak english, only knows mandarin and hokkien and little bit of canto)

i'm very happy with my confinement lady and wouldnt mind to help her to promo here.
she cook great food and always asked me for my favourite dishes to make sure i eat well!
most importantly, she took good care of my newborn and clean my house too without ANY single complaint during the whole month.
definitely will hire her again for my future confinement~~~

u can contact her Aunty Agnes +60164900565 (unfortunately she cant speak english, only knows mandarin and hokkien and little bit of canto)
Hi coco, how much u paid for aunty Agnes? Which part in Msia she comes from? How old is she? Mind to share? :)

Dear all..hw much do u normally give for 2nd ang pow..my confinement lady also does housework, and cook for my hubby and in laws

I am preparing for my confinement, narrowed down to a few now.
Has anyone heard of this CL named MeiCu from Malaysia? (not sure which part) Ph.no. +60XXX517313
Wonder how she is like. TQ

Hi mummies..
I'm a mother of 1 and expecting another one in Sept :)
I'm personally from Indonesia. I'm a Chinese. My first confinement was by my mum.
However, I have a very experience and good CL from Indonesia to recommend. She always do confinement ard batam Singapore and Malaysia.
She's a friendly lady who is my neighbor in Indonesia. She's very good with baby and can cook Chinese confinement food. Her charges also reasonable.
And I hope to share this with all the mummies here :) If any of mummies here interested to get her, I can give you her contact for your own discussion.

Can share with me? PM if it is more convenient for u. Tks~

Am looking for a CL for job assignment in early January 2014. Thought I was lucky to secure a CL in March through this forum's recommendation but that CL fly me aeroplane barely 2 months from my due date (her name is joanne +60149871505/91034786). Any mummies who knew their CLs who are available please post. Thanks!

Hi...i happened to google the nanny im abt to consider, then i read yr comment sometime ago (last year) abt her, joanne.
how did u get her contact no.?
she is quite young for a CL, 41y.o only.
wld she still be recommended now?
At the end were u happy w yr CL? pls share.
Btw, congrats on yr baby :)
thank u!

Hi. If I'm not wrong, the govt hospitals/Thomson Med Centre, they do have a list of confinement nannies to introduce. But you need to
ask the nurses over there(Not sure abt the rest of the private clinics). Remembered the nurses asking if I got confinement nannies to introduce
when I went back for a checkup after a week. The nurse asked quite a bit of info like how much experience the nanny had, how u get to know her,
what she helped out, etc.
I remembered clearly coz when I gave my confinement nanny's name, the nurse said "oh, it's her. No worries for you. U are in good hands. etc.. but she still
asked the questions to double check her database, i suppose. When I asked the nurse why she asked so much, she said they wanted to build up the database and
hope they can advise mommies or weed out unethical nannies and make sure the nannies are equipped with better knowledge etc.
Just my 2 cents worth of thoughts. :)

hi nin, can share with me yr CL name&contact no.
can pm me ;) cheers!

I've been reading about other mommies sharing their confinement experience and I felt compelled to do the same so that new mommies out there researching on confinement services would have a better sense of how some CLs are like.

I had this CL called Feng Jie from Segamat last year but she is definitely not worth recommending and i regretted giving her contact to my friend. In terms of confinement experience she's just ok, cooking is average, does basic sweeping, mopping on alternate days, handling of baby is ok except that at some nights when she really couldn't calm my baby to sleep, she would handover to me to settle. However there were many other instances that this CL went overboard.

Confinement duties - She's rather fast worker but she tried to take some short-cuts such as making 1 big pot of soup to be used in a few meals over 1 - 2 days (i.e you get overnight soup)

The main complain abt her is her work ethics.
1. Talk on phone frequently and my friend feedback that she yak on phone every night during her confinement. I find that her hp ringtone is super loud too.
2. During my confinement, she watched 2+ hrs TV during some morn/aftns cos there’s not much chores for her to do.
3. Deployed cunning sales tactics by providing ‘value-add’ services in order to peddle her own 'stuff'. She bought 2 packs of bee hoon from Malaysia as 'welcome gift', claiming that some families may forget to buy food supplies on first day of confinement. After that she peddled white rice wine at S$30 per bottle (bottled in a <800ml yoghurt bottle) to us before coming over. Told her my MIL would make glutinous rice wine for me but yet she ‘innocently’ claimed that my MIL had ordered 2 bottles of glutinous rice wine from her on the phone. MIL said that we had no choice but to buy from her since she had brought them.
4. used confinement time to do own stuff. she shopped for CNY clothes on first trip to market with MIL. Requested MIL to help her buy salmon and sea cucumber. Later requested husband to help her change currency. Also wanted to buy the hsehold items she saw in our house and wanted us to buy it for her. Once i allowed her to go out to shop, she spent 3 mornings on that. Even dropped hints that previous employers had given her some of the products or foodstuff which they had bought.
At my friend's confinement, she requested to be brought to Pearl Centre to buy clothes when my friend stay in Simei!

5. My friend said she asked for taxi fare for departure when she should already have her 'departure' ang bao. During my time, she was thick-skinned enough to request that the ‘Thank You (Departure) ang bao amt must be enough to buy a set of clothes and to pester my MIL to drive her to Woodlands train station on last day to save on her taxi fare.

Sigh, I understand that some mommies are lucky to find good CLs, although mine did her job but her funny requests really irritated me and my family and I could understand why she was sent back by two other families before her assignment's up.

Hi I have been recommended a confinement nanny called Feng Jie from my colleague. Could I just check with you what is her contact number? Would like to check if it is the same person. If it is will not continue to follow up with her

Hi, I have a very good CL from Malaysia,Aunty Ah Zhu. She's really gd with my baby and cooks well. Basically I do not have to worry abt my bb that i can even go for gynae check by leaving the 2 of them alone at home. I'm ending my confinement with her this Sat

MY CL very cute, called me 2 days ago and told me not to take Ginseng since I'm in my 5th month already. Didn't expect her to be so concerned and take care of her customers well.

Hi, I have a very good CL from Malaysia,Aunty Ah Zhu. She's really gd with my baby and cooks well. Basically I do not have to worry abt my bb that i can even go for gynae check by leaving the 2 of them alone at home. I'm ending my confinement with her this Sat
Hi jetaime.. thanks for your referral. could you kindly pass me her contact? how much are you paying her?

Does anyone know or just engaged this confinement lady? Alice / Li Yue.
016-208 1823
016-673 0103
She was my confinement nanny back in 2011 but i could not find her using the 2 numbers above.
If anyone know her, please reply me her latest mobile number.

hello jetaime, can you kindly PM the contact details too?
cheers

hi mummies i have problem looking for confinement lady for next year 2015 can any nice soul share with me your confinement lady that you use before and is good?

Hi I'm due in early Feb 2015 and am also looking for an English speaking CL( I am North Indian) so communication is a barrier. Any recommendations? Thanks!

I'm due this month and will be using this CL from Malaysia name Ying Jie.
(100% not the nasty one that people have been talking about, just happen to share the same name)

Previously used by my sister and several friends and I have stayed with her before when she did CL for my sister... Only good things to say about her.

Other than she can cook very very well , she is also very nice towards baby. She really knows how to handle baby very well. She gets along with all types of MIL also hahaha

You may call her up yourself and see if you would like to engage her... I'm not selling her service but purely recommendation.

Sg No: 9037 5043
Malaysia No: +60 12 296 3221

I'm due this month and will be using this CL from Malaysia name Ying Jie.
(100% not the nasty one that people have been talking about, just happen to share the same name)

Previously used by my sister and several friends and I have stayed with her before when she did CL for my sister... Only good things to say about her.

Other than she can cook very very well , she is also very nice towards baby. She really knows how to handle baby very well. She gets along with all types of MIL also hahaha

You may call her up yourself and see if you would like to engage her... I'm not selling her service but purely recommendation.

Sg No: 9037 5043
Malaysia No: +60 12 296 3221

Hi Wendily,

Coincidentally, i have also engaged Ying Jie as my CL for end Oct. I just called her to confirm her availability again but she told me she has family issues and can't commit to me! I hope you are not affected. Maybe you can try calling her confirm her availability. Now I have less the 3 months to look for another CL!.

MY CL very cute, called me 2 days ago and told me not to take Ginseng since I'm in my 5th month already. Didn't expect her to be so concerned and take care of her customers well.

Hi @MistyCloud, can you also PM me the name and contact details of your CL? I'm actively looking for a CL as my EDD is 23 January 2015. It's a bummer that it's so near CNY so I'd better move fast to book one. What language(s) does she speak and how much did you pay her? Thanks!

Hi @jetaime, can you PM me her contact details please? Thanks!

Hi Archie.... u may try my CL... Just finished my confinement for me v nos 3.... I'm hired her for all my confinement. She is very easy going person, have very good experience to take care baby and hava a very good cooking skills! If you have interesting, u can contact her at 90699570 or Msia mobile +60126438655

I am still doing my confinement. My CL is good. You may email/ pm me if you need her hp no. As i havent seek her permission to oublish her no. On the forum

Hi mummies, can I check... for those who engaged live in CL for the whole month... do you leave your newborn with her to sleep at night? Even if you are bf-ing?

Hi Wendily,

Coincidentally, i have also engaged Ying Jie as my CL for end Oct. I just called her to confirm her availability again but she told me she has family issues and can't commit to me! I hope you are not affected. Maybe you can try calling her confirm her availability. Now I have less the 3 months to look for another CL!.

Thanks for informing! I haven't contacted her at all since I last confirmed her... Probably give her a call tmr as I'm due in 1-2 days time haha... Hope won't affected by it...

Hi Wendily,

Bluesugar,

You are so right! Luckily you informed me. She cancelled on me. If I never call her today, I wouldn't have know. I don't know when then she will intend to inform me. I'm due tmr alr! Disappointed in her attitude coz I know her for her excellence attitude and CL service.

Back