1. We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions and their answers at http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/faq-on-using-the-new-forum.21478/
    Dismiss Notice

Confinement nanny

Discussion in 'Year 2014 Mums' started by charis3388, Jul 12, 2013.

1. is your mum still available?

2. still available?

3. Julie060616

Julie060616 New Member

Hi everyone, I've just completed my confinement and would like to recommend our confinement nanny, Auntie Kim Lan. We found her through this forum. As with most online stuff, we were a bit skeptical at first and went to meet her since she was having another assignment in Singapore then. She looked tidy and sounded very experienced. In addition, she has a cheery disposition and was easy-going which we thought were important traits in handling babies so we decided to confirm her services. We definitely did not regret it.

Auntie Kim Lan has a patient and loving nature. She handled our baby very well and has her way of coaxing him even when we all fail to stop his cries however hard we try! She talks and sings to baby, and rocks him gently as she dances - talk about being a happy and interactive nanny!

As regards the other key task of cooking, Auntie has vast knowledge in preparing healthy and tasty confinement food and works efficiently. We once had a supper craving and she whipped up bowls of wholesome herbal mee sua in a couple of minutes! Auntie also takes the initiative in helping with our household chores including doing up the laundry, cleaning the floors daily and ensuring the nursery and kitchen were well-organised.

Another plus point was that Auntie was very open in teaching us how to care for our baby and me. She also ensured we could function well enough for baby after she leaves by going through the day's events with us patiently and even taught us how to cook some of the dishes we enjoyed during her stay. When she left us, it was like seeing family leave. We still stay in touch and she asks after baby and us often.

Auntie Kim Lan can be contacted via +60 16-666 9594 (Malaysia) or 9890 7889 (Singapore). Hope this helps!

4. Mindlesspurple

Mindlesspurple New Member

I will like to recommend my CL, Auntie Chua. She is very friendly and she is patient towards my baby. When my baby is fussing she will comfort and coax her. She is also quite a good cook. My hubby and I enjoyed her cooking. Her contact is +60179891771

5. MistyCloud

MistyCloud Active Member

What is the market rate for "closing" ang pow?

6. reggie89

reggie89 New Member

I would like to check if there's any recommendation for available CL this Dec 2016?.. thanks

7. Shervelle

Shervelle Member

Hi may i know how much she charge if not stay in? Where she live at?

8. Shervelle

Shervelle Member

Hi may i know if she not stay in how much is it?where she stay? Thanks

9. Lindsey Wong

Lindsey Wong New Member

I wish to share my bad confinement experience that i had this CL called Bency from Kluang (Johor) and she is definitely not worth recommending and i regretted to hire her as my CL. In terms of confinement experience she's just average, cooking is bad, almost every day are repeating the dishes and the vegetables can be not well cooked. She's slow and lazy worker, she tried to take some short-cuts such as making 1 big pot of food to be used in a few meals over 1 - 2 days or more(i.e you get overnight food).

My baby was had very serious rashes on face during his 10 days old and she don’t know how to handle; I had to ask help from other experience mothers. Sometimes she doesn’t willing to calm my baby to sleep and feed my baby; she would handover to me and herself relaxing on bed. We requested her to wipe off the milk stain on baby mouth with cotton every time after feed and she are refuse to do so and claiming it’s troublesome.

She does basic sweeping, mopping once a week. However, when she left I found the kitchen is so messy and dirty. She even always dropped hints that previous employers had given her big ang bao, and lots free time to watch drama and so and so, and I bet it’s not truth. And her attitude is really sucks, always criticizing you when you learn how to taking care of baby.

Sigh, I was wish could send her back before her assignment's up but unfortunately counts find any replacement. Finally, its past….Hope you guys can find a good CL!

10. Fannie925

Fannie925 New Member

Have u found one? U may call +60127602827 mandarin n hokkien speaking. She is hardworking and keep clean

11. Lindsey Wong

Lindsey Wong New Member

I wish to share my bad confinement experience that i had this CL called Bency from Kluang (Johor) and she is definitely not worth recommending and i regretted to hire her as my CL. In terms of confinement experience she's just average, cooking is bad, almost every day are repeating the dishes and the vegetables can be not well cooked. She's slow and lazy worker, she tried to take some short-cuts such as making 1 big pot of food to be used in a few meals over 1 - 2 days or more(overnight food).

My baby was had very serious rashes on face during his 10 days old and she don’t know how to handle; I had to ask help from other experience mothers. Sometimes she doesn’t willing to calm my baby to sleep and feed my baby; she would handover to me and herself relaxing on bed. We requested her to wipe off the milk stain on baby mouth with cotton every time after feed and she are refuse to do so and claiming it’s troublesome.

She does basic sweeping, mopping once a week. However, when she left I found the kitchen is so messy and dirty. She even always dropped hints that previous employers had given her big ang bao, and lots free time to watch drama and so and so, and I bet it’s not truth. And her attitude is really sucks, always criticizing you when you learn how to taking care of baby.

Sigh, I was wish could send her back before her assignment's up but unfortunately counts find any replacement. Finally, its past….Hope you guys can find a good CL!

12. Fannie925

Fannie925 New Member

Hi. U may call +60127602827. She is neat and not calculative person

13. jessie baby

jessie baby New Member

I engaged Confinement Angels, they are accredited by Thomson Parentcraft.
    I am appreciative to have their confinement nanny Wendy, gentle, soft spoken, patience and kind.
    Very professional in terms of baby care. She not only pay attention to detail, but also understands our feelings
    of me trying my best to breastfeed and encourages me.
    She is proactive and considerate and plans well.
    We loves her food, diverse, nutritional and tasty. In general, we like her.
    If I am pregnant again, I would definitely want Wendy to be our confinement nanny again!

Their website www.confinementangels.com.sg

14. alicia80

alicia80 Member

15. kevytan

kevytan New Member

Hello,

I am dropping a post here because my confinement lady is so good that i hope she can get more clients in Singapore and more mothers are able to enjoy her quality services.

I am a PR in Singapore and my confinement lady was recommended by my eldest sister who hired her before. She highly recommended me to hire her and helped me to reserve her at my first month of pregnancy. ( She is very popular in my hometown, Batu Pahat and she normally been booked for the next 6 to 7 months, but she is currently want to look more clients in Singapore)

Why i recommend her :
    1) She was a nurse before working in an gynaecology medical centre in Johor, so she is very knowledgeable in pregnancy and baby info ( this is one of the most appealing part that attract me to hire her when my sis told me)

1. Very experience ( work as confinement lady for more than 8 years)
    2. Very good in prepare confinement food ( simple, clean and yummy)
    3. Very helpful and do extra mile for example cook for my husband and help to do some house chore
    4. Experienced in take care baby and she is very caring and patient

You can whatsapp me 90080920 for her contact.Thanks

16. mummymm

mummymm New Member

Hi kevytan,

Just saw your post. Thanks for sharing! Will whatsapp you for contact.

17. Supermum321

Supermum321 Member

hi, is she available in mid march 2017? Thanks,

18. Jane0618

Jane0618 New Member

Hi Mummys,, my mum have 15 years experience 60 years old chinese lady, if you interest please call or interview is welcome Mdm Lee Tel: 87990713 Thanks...

19. Afry

Afry New Member

Hi all. I want to introduce CL. She is 58 years. She is from batam indonesian. Can speak mandarin and hokkien. Not a traditional style. Very clean. Usually she quoted $2300. Call her whatsapp +6285264414668 aunty Gim Hua

20. CleoTay

CleoTay New Member

Hi, may I ask how much BiJuan charge and does she cook for your family(hubby) too? Thx.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  21. Shervelle

Shervelle Member

Hi mummy need confinement nanny i can introduce to you n cl work permit can help you to be done no worries. If you want to know more let me know i can give you details.thankz