Confinement nanny

Hi mummies..
I'm a mother of 1 and expecting another one in Sept :)
I'm personally from Indonesia. I'm a Chinese. My first confinement was by my mum.
However, I have a very experience and good CL from Indonesia to recommend. She always do confinement ard batam Singapore and Malaysia.
She's a friendly lady who is my neighbor in Indonesia. She's very good with baby and can cook Chinese confinement food. Her charges also reasonable.
And I hope to share this with all the mummies here :) If any of mummies here interested to get her, I can give you her contact for your own discussion.

I just called up an agency

the charges is like 10-20% lower than the rates quoted here by some forumers.

please help me to understand, why is there a market for private engagement?
In fact, I am quite uncomfortable getting a stranger to stay in my home, without a proper licence to work.

Agency draw commission from them. Eg agency charging you 2k, they may be only paying the cl 1k or maybe 1.5k which some cl feel the pay is too long. And will anyhow do her job. Not professional enough.

agency do not care if there is any issues happen as they have done their job.

My point of view :)

Agree with huimin. My CN who used to work with one of the agency here get paid $1500 for 28 days of service whereby her employer paid $2300 to the agency. (this is 5years' ago rate)
Charged extra for the visit pass (MOM) which in fact she does not requrie at all.
In the end she came out to do as a free lance thru words of mouth.
Actually, we cannot penalized all CNs from agencies are bad (it depends on luck also)

Agree with huimin. My CN who used to work with one of the agency here get paid $1500 for 28 days of service whereby her employer paid $2300 to the agency. (this is 5years' ago rate)
Charged extra for the visit pass (MOM) which in fact she does not requrie at all.
In the end she came out to do as a free lance thru words of mouth.
Actually, we cannot penalized all CNs from agencies are bad (it depends on luck also)

the nanny I used for my #1 is from an agency. Perfectly fine. And I think you are right about the co-sharing of the amount paid to agency and CL should be correct.

Next this thread is so full "recommended" CL that I seriously doubt the credibility. Will not reply after this post

and lastly, to employ a foreigner to work in SG, you need a valid work permit. Please do not mislead the readers here.

Yup! U r right too. They need work permit. And the work permit can be applied ourself through MOM website~ i did that :) about 150sgd for the application.

Beware of CL Aunty Annie from KL/Penang Age 62. +60125321623 (MY) 81320767 (SG)
I contacted her upon recommendation from my cousin's wife's friend.
She charged me $2.6K when she did my confinement in Nov'13. She still can say she's the cheapest. my previous CL was just $2.2K!

- She has a lot of old wives' method to heal this and that but srly i dont think it works on my bb! she will say put towel over bb's head when they hiccup cuz their head feel cold (?? anyone heard it before); put ginger and pandan leaves ard the house to absorb bacteria and germs, but my bb still fell sick to the point that we have to admit her cuz she's too young to fight the cough and flu! Then there's this plant (hokkien: sua liao hiok) that she is dying to get cuz she say can help in getting rid of wind, heal infant acne etc. end up like not much use as well.
- Given her high charges, i made it clear to her that she will do everything that concerns me and bb. end up everything throw to my maid! even cooking also got my maid to prepare for her! some days i dont even eat confinement meals cuz she will take a portion out from the family dishes. CL promised to cook this and that but end up nv even produce. pple say cant eat overnight stuff but i keep on eating them. she cooked mei cai kou rou,, which she kept for 3 days. i had it for every meal! dont even wanna eat after day 1. we had the bb shower before she left, she said that i can eat all the leftovers from the buffet. i ask her shouldnt i eat fresh food, she say dont waste food and all the mummies do that.
- She keep on carrying my bb and sit on my living room sofa and watch tv. i was so pissed that i even took a picture! and because of her, my bb had to be held all the time after confinement.
- Since she really has nothing to do, she knits like all day. which is also her part time business. hello! am i paying for u to knit for ur part time business?!
- She nv cook tonic soups for me so my mom question her, which i think is right since isnt confinement all about nourishing the body. She still dare to black face. end of confinement still dare to complain to my hubby.
- Confinement not supposed to oyster sauce but my CL did. cause me to have rashes all over my chest.
- She never clean my bb's tongue and when we tell her to do so, she say dont have to do it and she has nv done it before. end up i gotta do myself. dont she know that not cleaning their tongue will cause milk blisters!
- I dunno how she rubbed my bb's umbilical cord but it was having infection and bleeding when we went to pd for review. i ask her she can tell me it's normal.
- my poor bb was crying like mad whenever she pees and shit. i checked and she has v bad diaper rash! CL cant even tell that its diaper rash. seriously wtf.
- CL is supposed to help me at night but in my case i direct latch so i didnt mind. when bb shit i will bring to her and she cant even wake up. gotta shake her quite vigorously then wake up. My bb tend no shit all at one go so she can shit up to 3-4 times a night. CL will show black face after 2nd time.
- during the course of the month long confinement, it's impossible for me not to badmouth about my mil to my mom. at the end of confinement, she actually told my mil what i complain about. no ethnics at all!
- she originally has a job for jan2014. unfortunately the mommy went into pre-term labour. CL still can curse the mommy and scold her for not informing her. if i'm the mommy, i wouldnt have any time to inform the CL since my bb will be the priority and the mommy was early by almost 3 months so she definitely can inform the CL later.

Attachments

• 1486349_10153555081440694_1414563218_o.jpg
    1486349_10153555081440694_1414563218_o.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,234
  • 954404_10153510866650694_1813577118_n.jpg
    954404_10153510866650694_1813577118_n.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 1,254
  • 1477805_10153510802965694_1680606257_n.jpg
    1477805_10153510802965694_1680606257_n.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,171
Beware of CL Aunty Annie from KL/Penang Age 62. +60125321623 (MY) 81320767 (SG)
I contacted her upon recommendation from my cousin's wife's friend.
She charged me $2.6K when she did my confinement in Nov'13. She still can say she's the cheapest. my previous CL was just $2.2K!

- She has a lot of old wives' method to heal this and that but srly i dont think it works on my bb! she will say put towel over bb's head when they hiccup cuz their head feel cold (?? anyone heard it before); put ginger and pandan leaves ard the house to absorb bacteria and germs, but my bb still fell sick to the point that we have to admit her cuz she's too young to fight the cough and flu! Then there's this plant (hokkien: sua liao hiok) that she is dying to get cuz she say can help in getting rid of wind, heal infant acne etc. end up like not much use as well.
- Given her high charges, i made it clear to her that she will do everything that concerns me and bb. end up everything throw to my maid! even cooking also got my maid to prepare for her! some days i dont even eat confinement meals cuz she will take a portion out from the family dishes. CL promised to cook this and that but end up nv even produce. pple say cant eat overnight stuff but i keep on eating them. she cooked mei cai kou rou,, which she kept for 3 days. i had it for every meal! dont even wanna eat after day 1. we had the bb shower before she left, she said that i can eat all the leftovers from the buffet. i ask her shouldnt i eat fresh food, she say dont waste food and all the mummies do that.
- She keep on carrying my bb and sit on my living room sofa and watch tv. i was so pissed that i even took a picture! and because of her, my bb had to be held all the time after confinement.
- Since she really has nothing to do, she knits like all day. which is also her part time business. hello! am i paying for u to knit for ur part time business?!
- She nv cook tonic soups for me so my mom question her, which i think is right since isnt confinement all about nourishing the body. She still dare to black face. end of confinement still dare to complain to my hubby.
- Confinement not supposed to oyster sauce but my CL did. cause me to have rashes all over my chest.
- She never clean my bb's tongue and when we tell her to do so, she say dont have to do it and she has nv done it before. end up i gotta do myself. dont she know that not cleaning their tongue will cause milk blisters!
- I dunno how she rubbed my bb's umbilical cord but it was having infection and bleeding when we went to pd for review. i ask her she can tell me it's normal.
- my poor bb was crying like mad whenever she pees and shit. i checked and she has v bad diaper rash! CL cant even tell that its diaper rash. seriously wtf.
- CL is supposed to help me at night but in my case i direct latch so i didnt mind. when bb shit i will bring to her and she cant even wake up. gotta shake her quite vigorously then wake up. My bb tend no shit all at one go so she can shit up to 3-4 times a night. CL will show black face after 2nd time.
- during the course of the month long confinement, it's impossible for me not to badmouth about my mil to my mom. at the end of confinement, she actually told my mil what i complain about. no ethnics at all!
- she originally has a job for jan2014. unfortunately the mommy went into pre-term labour. CL still can curse the mommy and scold her for not informing her. if i'm the mommy, i wouldnt have any time to inform the CL since my bb will be the priority and the mommy was early by almost 3 months so she definitely can inform the CL later.

The pan fried fish looks bad. She doesn't have the heart to work. Her intention seems not taking care of you and baby but very selfish person.

Hi mummies..
I'm a mother of 1 and expecting another one in Sept :)
I'm personally from Indonesia. I'm a Chinese. My first confinement was by my mum.
However, I have a very experience and good CL from Indonesia to recommend. She always do confinement ard batam Singapore and Malaysia.
She's a friendly lady who is my neighbor in Indonesia. She's very good with baby and can cook Chinese confinement food. Her charges also reasonable.
And I hope to share this with all the mummies here :) If any of mummies here interested to get her, I can give you her contact for your own discussion.

can pm me contact? thanks

Hi. I have engaged my confinement nanny for the second time as she is very caring towards infant. My girl has never had colic before and she has grown well under her care. She boiled yummy and nutritious soup to boost our milk supply. Main reason is her powerful herbal tea that she brew everyday. Or else I will not have been conceive after 2 months I stop breastfeeding. I short, she is good.

One more note, my girl on exclusive bm till one year old. She only takes job on alternate months as she does not leave earlier and she can make it for every mum. I used to ask her why she never take in all jobs. She says it is the trust and she doesn't compromise mummy's health for her extra income.

After my trauma with the first CL, I hired a replacement CL from Aunt Nanny Pte Ltd.
She's Mdm Yap from KL and is a huge help to me.

Here is my experience & review.

Personality:
Pleasant & easy going
Not talkative (very important bcos you need to rest)
Takes instructions but you need to highlight the importance (as she may forget sometimes)
Respect your privacy and doesnt ask too many questions.

Review about baby handling:
She is genuine & cares about babies. She loves babies & likes to interact/talk to them
Very experience in taking care of baby. ie bathing, changing, feeding

Review about cooking/household mgt:
Very knowledgable about confinement food.
Prepares tasty & yummy food (sorry i dont have any pic)
Keeps my kitchen very clean.
Diligent in helping out with chores whenever I ask her to (it's not part of her job though)

Enjoy your pregnancy, i realised it's very important to hire someone who you can get along cos she has to stay with you for 1 month!

cheers
Hi Holidaygal, can I hv Mdm Yap contact num? Thank you :)

Pls beware of this confinement lady, aunt Mei xian from kl. Malaysia no:60162317313 Hp no:81978678. She is damn lazy and dirty. She does not know how to cook confinement food and is always sleeping. Take afternoon nap from 2-5pm and sleep at 9pm at nite. The handkerchief she use to feed my boy milk is stained with milk and she dun even bother to wash it. She even use my washing machine to spin dry 2 pcs of her clothes and even dye her hair in my house. She makes a mess of my kitchen and will cook a lot for 2 person. She likes meat and rice wine a lot and will ask you to buy a lot of meat. I even have to help her take care of my bb even though I am supposed to rest. She left at 9.30am on her last day. Really not worth to pay her 3500 (as is during cny) for this kind of service.

Hi mummies,

I am helping my CL to post here. An experience confinement lady who live in Kuala Lumpur (cook and can handle newborn baby very well). If you are keen, feel free to contact Ah Ling at her mobile : 601120161609 or 60179919055. Thanks!

Hi Mummies,
i've found my CL through this forum, and thought i'll send my review here too:) Her name is Auntie Siew Zhen, and she's been with me for 3 weeks:) Shes been a really really great help!!!!!!
I have also extended her as she's soo nice. She's been cooking very yummy food for me & family daily, and we super love her dishes! She's so helpful in family chores too, and my mom was so impressed.
She is really patient with my baby too, even though my baby takes 1 hr to drink each feed, she still patiently insist to make sure my baby finish her feed.
As a first time mummy, i'm really lost even with the equipments like pumps, steralize equipments and baby items. She was the one who taught me how to use them!
I have a dog at home too, and she love my dog so much, my dog sticks to her like magnet daily...
I'm so gona miss her!
She's booked till April next year..mummies who wish to book her later can call her at

hi may i know how much you pay?

Hi all mothers, would like to warn you that the confinement lady recommended by a member here called ferfer8 who is auntie Yulian is not a good confinement lady.

i delivered on 15 Jan 2014 and engaged this auntie Yulian based on ferfer8 recommendation and agreed to pay her cny rate of $3.3k but she is a real nite mare.
First day she only arrives at 10pm claiming that she can't get bus tickets early those I have told her in advance my C-section date. The first nite, when bb cried she will claim that he is hungry without even checking for soil diaper or bb does not feel secured. I had to feed bb for the whole nite.

The Next day, she kept saying I have not enough milk. But after I told her to swaddle bb like in the hospital, bb managed to sleep quite well. However as bb has jaundice I am also afraid that he slept for too long so I said to wake bb up every 3 hour for feed, she said oh, if bb can sleep let him sleep. In the end, I wake up the bb myself and she continue to sleep in the nite. She does not bother when bb cries. When she bath bb, bb will cry from beginning to the end. I almost had depression with her.

She did not cook well. Only some simple homeroom food. Did not even put ginger at all. Her fish soup is sour and pork rib soup is full of water. The red date water is also not boiled long enough. She waste so much ingredient in the red date water and added sugar to it.

I sent her home after 6 days and she still have the face to demand the cny rate. I paid her as I am afraid she will do something funny to the bb or myself. I regretted not taking a picture of her to warn the mothers here. There are m'sian who are trying to con Singaporean mothers. Please beware.
This evil confinement lady Yulian mobile is 6016 6048468 and 84504313.

Mothers, please do not just read the comments on the websites for recommendation. Do visit the mother who is being care for by the confinement lady during the confinement period.

Good morning!

mich - thanks for your encouragement
happy.gif

char - Mine is at 7.40pm! hehehe ... ya, taking the medication but hor, this morning, vomit out my breakfast (which is just soya bean cos no appetite to eat anything) ... dun know whether the medicine also vomit out or not. Even till now, no appetite but stomach growling so made myself a cup of milo (can drink right?). cham, i think my MS getting worse.

Hiroshima - congrats and welcome!!!
happy.gif
When is your EDD?

Hi all, this is my first child and I am 5 month pregnant now, can someone advise me if my baby should sleep in my room with me or sleep with the CL in another room during confinement period? Any different if I am planning to breast-feed? Thank you!

Hi, my mum is available to do cl end may & early aug onward. Day & full day is flexible, if u r interested, can call or sms me at 98801042

Hi Shimmer57,
Sorry late reply, am v busy with newborn.
I do not recommened CL Yuhua, i sacked her a week after she started work. I will share my experience more later to alert other mummies. She is a nightmare with poor work ethics & bad personality. Kampung auntie i would describe.

I have a replacement CL , engaged her thro an agency at the last min. She's mdm yap from KL & she's awesome. Currently she is still working for me. Anyone interested to hire a good cl, pls pm me. I will try my best to reply asap as currently i'm busy bf-ing & bonding with my newborn

Congraz to all who's preggy!

Hihi holidaygal, I am interested to hire a confinement Lady. Mind sharing who u have employed , which agency and the costs?
thank you... U can PM me too!

Hi ladies,

I have a nice confinement lady to intro.. Just ended my confinement with her.. She is gd in taking care of baby n she have great knowledge in confinement stuff and her cooking is good!! Interested pm me I can give u her contact..

Hi MTB,

I like to recommend my CL, San Jie from Kulai Malaysia. She's currently doing confinement for me. Today marks 21st day. She did her part really well as what a CL should do. She takes really good care of my baby and me and is really patient with my bb. She will prepare tonic soup for me morning and night. She makes effort to understand the bb behavior and will explain to me what my bb wants when she cries. My bb tends to poo at almost every feed and is always half way thru the feed! So she will have to clean her first and burp her and then continue the feed.

She has worked for a mummy in Msia whom husband is a Chinese sinseh & also sell confinement Tonic soup package for a month. I got her to help me purchased at super reasonable price ard RM 700! So I don't have to worry about where and what to buy for the tonic soup.

She's still available on some months this year, so you can contact her if you are keen.

Her contact is San Jie - Sg HP : 9374 9543
Msia HP +60 13 772 3799

Market range now is $2500-$2800.. If u are interested can contact her to ask.. My CL going HK in sept to dec to do confinement.. So not available.. Interested pm me for her contact..

Hi All,

I would like to know whether anyone hired CL 张太太 before (SG number: 9***4329, MY number: 601****2181). She is currently doing confinement in KL and will be coming to Singapore around early May. I can only meet up with her when she is in Singapore. However, I am worry would it be too late to finalise a CL by then (my EDD is 29 Sept and this is my first child)? I have contacted a few CL, they are taken up during that period. And 张太太 is recommended by my friend's friend (I did asked for some feedback but her reply is quite general).

I've been reading about other mommies sharing their confinement experience and I felt compelled to do the same so that new mommies out there researching on confinement services would have a better sense of how some CLs are like.

I had this CL called Feng Jie from Segamat last year but she is definitely not worth recommending and i regretted giving her contact to my friend. In terms of confinement experience she's just ok, cooking is average, does basic sweeping, mopping on alternate days, handling of baby is ok except that at some nights when she really couldn't calm my baby to sleep, she would handover to me to settle. However there were many other instances that this CL went overboard.

Confinement duties - She's rather fast worker but she tried to take some short-cuts such as making 1 big pot of soup to be used in a few meals over 1 - 2 days (i.e you get overnight soup)

The main complain abt her is her work ethics.
1. Talk on phone frequently and my friend feedback that she yak on phone every night during her confinement. I find that her hp ringtone is super loud too.
2. During my confinement, she watched 2+ hrs TV during some morn/aftns cos there’s not much chores for her to do.
3. Deployed cunning sales tactics by providing ‘value-add’ services in order to peddle her own 'stuff'. She bought 2 packs of bee hoon from Malaysia as 'welcome gift', claiming that some families may forget to buy food supplies on first day of confinement. After that she peddled white rice wine at S$30 per bottle (bottled in a <800ml yoghurt bottle) to us before coming over. Told her my MIL would make glutinous rice wine for me but yet she ‘innocently’ claimed that my MIL had ordered 2 bottles of glutinous rice wine from her on the phone. MIL said that we had no choice but to buy from her since she had brought them.
4. used confinement time to do own stuff. she shopped for CNY clothes on first trip to market with MIL. Requested MIL to help her buy salmon and sea cucumber. Later requested husband to help her change currency. Also wanted to buy the hsehold items she saw in our house and wanted us to buy it for her. Once i allowed her to go out to shop, she spent 3 mornings on that. Even dropped hints that previous employers had given her some of the products or foodstuff which they had bought.
At my friend's confinement, she requested to be brought to Pearl Centre to buy clothes when my friend stay in Simei!

5. My friend said she asked for taxi fare for departure when she should already have her 'departure' ang bao. During my time, she was thick-skinned enough to request that the ‘Thank You (Departure) ang bao amt must be enough to buy a set of clothes and to pester my MIL to drive her to Woodlands train station on last day to save on her taxi fare.

Sigh, I understand that some mommies are lucky to find good CLs, although mine did her job but her funny requests really irritated me and my family and I could understand why she was sent back by two other families before her assignment's up.

sanflower, i totally had the same bad experience with yours
i also engaged the same CL
almost every other day, she will bring my newborn son to me around 1030pm that she cannot handle my son, and she will goes back to the room and sleep soundly.
Water is boiled and the whistle sounded, but she chatting on her hp and i have to go to the kitchen and switch off the fire for her
there is one time that she 'invite' her daughter to my house without asking permission from me, she just tell me that her daughter will visit her later..
and her daughter eat her food inside my baby room without permission, and my air-con room stained with the food smell caused by her daughter food.
What was even worst, she will keep talking on her 2 hp, until the singapore pre-paid card run out of money and asked my husband to go out to buy her a top-up card!
although this is my first time with this CL, and also my last time with her! Arrived late on her 1st day at 730pm and requested to go back on the 23rd day of my confinement at early morning.

hi, I like to recommend my Confinement Lady, Lizhu who is currently doing my confinement - I delivered my second one on 17 Mar. She did my first baby's confinement too. She is looking for job in June/July 2014, as she originally took up an assignment during that period, but something happened to the pregnancy.

I find her confinement cooking healthy and nutritious. She is also careful with baby and she helps with some housework around the house too, as I have no maid.

If you require more details, please email me at [email protected]. I can provide you her contact number then. Only sincere queries, please. thank you.

Hi all, this is my first child and I am 5 month pregnant now, can someone advise me if my baby should sleep in my room with me or sleep with the CL in another room during confinement period? Any different if I am planning to breast-feed? Thank you!
Hihi i went to the parenting course... it is good baby sleep w mummy during confinement period but not same bed.. baby sleep at the baby cot same room cos it is important time for bonding w mummy..i understand mummy will be very tired but it is worthy of e effort

Hi joyfulmummy, thank you for you advice :) So, where did you attend the parenting course, mind to share? When is your EDD? ;)

Hi joyfulmummy, my edd is 29-July, our date is quite near :p Is this parenting course by gfi good? I am still considering whether to take up the Childbirth Education course at Thomson Medical or 1st 60days which I heard was good. Any comment? Did you go for prenatal yoga class?

Back