Calling ALL Thomas TRain FANS!

OK.. let me start a topic for this new year...

Anyone has recommendations for enrichment classes for 3-4 yr old todds?

I am looking around for speech & drama or painting classes. Any good ones to recommend?

Or any other areas I should expose my kiddo to?

hiya all!

tis is my 1st time posting on tis thread... :p

juz wanna check if anybody can advice where i can purchase thomas & friends single size bedsheets for my boy?!! its actually quite urgent so hopefully i can get some beedback soon.

thankie!
wendy

hihi, this thread is revived!

Wendy, hmm.. try Isetan, the one at Shaw Centre?

co11ectionz, speech and drama - Julia Gabriel is highly recommended.. or Act 3 lor. I'm too broke, else would love to enrol! Sucks to be SAHM :p

Catz, does the kindy that your boy attend have S&D classes? IF yes, then sufficient liao
happy.gif

I was initially considering S&D classes, but seeing he's getting more and more drama these days, I think no need to attend S&D classes liao... ha ha ha

Hi,

I didn't know there is a Thomas fan thread here.....my boy is 3 years old, very crazy over thomas. He has lots of thomas die cast trains, and battery operated ones on blue track. Clothing also very choosy now, all must be Thomas shirts, underwear and shoes. He is outgrowing his thomas sandals, anyone know where I can get a replacement?

co11ectionz, so sorry!! Hey my previous spreadsheets got erased by dear husband.. but not more than $5 if it's a huge bottle I'm guessing.

jasminsym, welcome! Er.. Thomas sandals,... hmmmmm... really haven't seen before wor.

No worries Catz... m not in a hurry to get..
happy.gif
If you're organising again, can let me know?

As of now, I will just stick to CLO first.

hi mummies....

been very very busy! hope everyone is well. Just to share:

Catch Thomas & Friends LIVE this March School Holidays!

Watch how Thomas the steam engine saves the day LIVE at Jurong Point Centrestage (JP1) from 14 - 22 Mar 2009 at 1pm, 4pm and 7pm on Weekends and 1pm & 7pm on Weekdays (No show on Monday only)

With just a minimum spend of *$80 mall wide kids will also enjoy a ride on the Thomas & Friends themed train at Level 2 (JP1).

Rides operate from 11am - 9pm daily, except on Mondays. Minimum spend of *$80 applies and entitles 1 adult and 2 kids (aged below 12 years) to 1 ride.

NETS IT! on 14 March and you’ll stand to enjoy a exclusive show at 4pm.
Simply present your NETS receipt at Centrestage to qualify.
Limited to the first 40 shoppers only.

Any idea where to get Rocky and Harvey Battery Operated Train by Tomy? I went to Toysrus and Kitty Palace, they says no stock.

Hi Baby Chong,

I got my Rocky overseas. Very difficult to find here in SIngapore.

But you can try Vivo city toyrus. Not in the usual Thomas corner. You need to walk inner to the Japanese Tomy Thomas corner deep in a corner. (Towards the right if you are facing the big Thomas model near the entrance)
They have 1 box of PErcy + Rocky in the same package. Costs 49.90 i think.

I bought a set of thomas underwear for my boy. Now headache, coz my boy insists on just wearing the Thomas one. He will pick out the one with Thomas print on it. He won't even take Gordon who looks similar to thomas.
sad.gif

haha mashy, my son went through that phase too!!! Now thank goodness it's OK already.

co11ectionz, waaaah you EXPERT siahhhh..

Lin, thanks for the info. But wah it will be v crowded right? :p JP so far.. but I guess will try to go and see if I can catch the show or not.

There was one period of time when we were searching for Rocky too! So I know la
happy.gif

Yes.. I am aiming to make it to the show, by hook or by crook!

hi hi .. long time no post .. howz everyone ?

Baby Chong - I got Tomy rocky at Robinson Raffles City just 2 wks back .. it's a box with Rocky, Percy and 2 trucks. Cost me S$69! But, worth it coz my boy stopped his thumb sucking habit .. Yeh ! You can also find it at vivo toyrus.

tats the Rocky pack that I was referring to.

Anyone been to the Thomas show already?
I went this afternoon. It's only 15mins and 1st 40 shoppers can to sit in the show with meet and greet session. (its similar to the one that was held at AMK hub 2 yrs ago). Only thing is at Jurong Point, the area for the show is really small and hot...

Rocky famous ah?
happy.gif

co11ectionz, I was thinking about it but glad you told me it's cramped... think I cannot bring my 2 kids for it.

MTDT, think only POlar is licensed to do Thomas cakes. I ordered a cheap 1kg one for my son.. came in a Thomas box. Polar cakes, quality not bad, cannot complain
happy.gif

co11ectionz, yah lor, JP Is REALLY FAR and parking is a nightmare.. think can forget about it man.. I am v scared of handling my 2 kids alone in a crowd.

Hi, I went to the Thomas show over the weekend, was really crowded.
Agree with collection, the area to watch is really really small and cramp.....
it says 14th march 4pm got special show if u spend with nets. However, the show was no different from the 1pm show and need not show yr nets receipt.

Also spent $80 for my boy to sit in the ride around the mall. A loooong wait...

MT - Smiling Orchid has a nice Thomas Design. The thomas is not 'printed' like Polar... it's actually a Thomas Train and they draw tracks etc around the cake. So fast sourcing for cake for yr boy liao?

Anyone here been to the toyrus private sale yet? Want to check if there are any THomas items on sale and if its worth going down...

mummies, is it worth to go to the thomas show at JP? i was thinking to bring my son - 18months old. he is able to identify thomas and he is really fond of watching him on TV, so was thinking to bring him to watch the show. worth it? pls advise. thanks

co11ectionz, thanks...i quite far leh. hmmm...maybe ill think about it..if only 15mins then might not be worth the travel.

hi all,
i am new fan of thomas and friends. ya, me.. not my kids :p
am interested in getting BN / pre-loved in good condition Thomas & friends Take A Long Die cast /playset
that u are letting go cheaply now.

pls email me at [email protected] for pic, price, condition, pickup location

thanks ya..

can someone help me?

1. y edward and gordon looks the same as thomas?

2. is wooden track series better, or take-along series better?

Queenaire, welcome
happy.gif

co11ectionz is our in house expert but I try to help..

1. Edward, Gordon and Thomas are the same blue color but Edward is #2, Gordon is #4 (and the biggest) and Thomas is smallest #1.. they have different faces and are quite different engines altogether.

2. Wooden track more expensive, much much more expensive but I guess it is easier for the kids to fix up.. I have both.. but I buy more metallic take along ones 'cos cheaper
happy.gif

Catz.. I m not the in house expert la.. ha ha ha

Queenaire, in no time, u will know how to differentiate that Edward and Gordan actually looks different.
happy.gif
In the beginning, all the faces too looked the same to me.

Agree with Catz, the wooden series are much more expensive. In terms of practicality, I prefer the take along sets as you can pack them up and bring them on outings or when travelling. Great companion for the kids. Plus they are pretty easy to hold onto.

WELCOME!
happy.gif

thanks Catz and Collectionz
happy.gif

1 more qn... can the take along trains all join together in 1 long trails? cos i noticed got protruded metal on both front and back ends. else what is the function of the metal knobs for har?

which take along playset would u recommend me to get if I can afford 1 only? more more huby will scold me upside down :p :p

my son is a fan of thomas too. Brought him to watch the show and ride last weekend at JP.

co11ectionz,
i've been to the sale already. Jus bought puzzles there which is afforable to me. Most of the items are same as store except got additional 5% discount and 2x star points. There's a giant thomas ride on with tracks and the kid(below 20kg) can sit on with a carriage thomas is pulling and selling at $250.

Queenaire, yes you can join all the Takealong sets together. My son has 5 and we can join up every single one (with some creativity.. haha).. but it's meant to join up
happy.gif
The metal knobs are for joining all the trains together. My son has more than 10 lined up for his long parade of trains. :p

Meow, thanks for the info. I saw that huge THomas from the ELC catalogue.. SHIOK!!!

Queenaire, Waterton v small, the track just goes round and round, v simplistic.. more for bringing out to play. I agree that the Work and Play Roundhouse is a good buy.

Back