Bm supply

Xp

Hello mummies!!

I'd like to know...how to establish enough breastmilk supply for newborn if I were to have a toddler at home.

Cuz previously during my #1's time, I didn't preserve enough. Thus my breast feeding journey was a short one. But this time round, I'm determine to try again!! To make it a successful one...say is easy, I know..

Although I'm currently not preg with #2 yet, but I'd like to know what I will faced...to prep myself & hubby...

Cuz I was thinking, having the need to establish is hard already, & if we have a toddler, will I be so stress out, then end up lagi no milk??

Can any mummies shared their experience with me too...thanks a lot!! :)

Hi mummy.. I think it's already good that u r aiming to bf. Every bf experience differs. Some have it easy while others struggled thru it. Most hospitals r pro-bf now so it will be easier for mummies to seek help about anything to do with bf n lactation.
Most importantly is to never give up. Set a goal for urself as to how long u wanna bf. Demand equals to supply so if u bf less ie skip feedings or supplement with fm then ur supply will reduce.
Especially with newborns, follow their cues for feeding instead of setting a timing. Also, they tend to sleep more during e initial period n might need to be woken up for feeds. As their stomach r still small, they may not feed a lot but will be at frequent intervals.
Do not be alarmed if bf babies tend to have jaundice longer than fm fed babies. Just need to feed them often to flush out e bilirubin.
Hope e above info helps. I'm still bfing my 43mo lil one. Only thing is I've been yearning for my freedom since my initial target of 2 yrs but he's not willing to let go.

@lynzie mummy...

Wah power leh! 43mo already u still bf-ing!! I think for my #2, if can bf till 6mo, Im happy also le..

Cuz I have inverted nipple, according to the lactation nurse. So it's like difficult for me to latch my daughter. Even though using the nipple shield thing which the nurse say it's easier for her to suck...but I pump out lah..

& actually my most happiest time is when I manage to pump 100ml (both breasts) ...other times are less than 80ml...but my biggest mistake is to not have enough water to drink...so I think that limits my output... & I didn't guai guai follow the hrs to pump also..cuz my mom keep telling me to rest enough, so I just sleep thru... lol..

I dunno lah.. but my plan is to like what u say...feed on demand..take supplement/ eat lactation cookies/ massage before pump..latch/pump even at night.. just to build my supply... drink enough...

I damn stupid lah. Cuz I so kuku right.. I didn't get all the signs that I've got milk actually & just stop so abruptly...

Can I ask u...what did u drink during confinement period ah? Cuz I only know can drink the longan red date tea...

Dun worry.. I always believe we will learn something new everyday with bf n also motherhood.
My intake for liquid is low. I rarely drink plain water, unfortunately. So I make up with drinking milo n soya milk. I dun take other kind of milk also.
During confinement n few mths thereafter, I drink longan red date tea n spinach soup. Guess coz I was feeding on demand so e supply maintained.
I didn't get to bf for long for my older 3 kids coz of work n during that time, there's not much info n support available. So I was determined to persevere this time round n thankfully I am blessed to be able to bf till to date.
Any amount or period of bf is better than none. So for ur case of having inverted nipples, u can be proud of urself for making e effort to bf. Jiayou!!!

Last edited:
Thank you lynize mummy for your encouragement!!!

I think im now quite obsessed with this topic & always looking out for tips on how to increase supply. But I think the key is to drink enough & feed on demand...cuz I read forums, many mummies emphasize on this...

& I'm so envious, more to jealous that my friend can produce 2L a day!!! Basically I'm envious of whichever mummy can continue bf.. indeed it's not an easy path!

Wah so means yr 43mo lil one is yr 4th child!?!? U r indeed blessed...for being perseverance also!!!

Back