BEDBUGS victims

I think my bedbugs have come back to haunt me again after many years? Is this even possible? I used to live in a rental flat that had a bad bedbugs infestation, I thought they were gone when I moved...and I didn't see them for years but recently I've found a few on the floor! And I've been spotting 1-3 every 1-2 days...

But..do small tiny baby cockroaches look like bedbugs too? They're really small or maybe I'm in denial..

Could it possibly be newly brought from somewhere else? Cos I do travel a bit...

The biggest problem is my room is like a mini bookstore, many many wooden bookshelves (at least 6 big bookshelves) and what few cupboards I have are wood as well.
I'm most worried about my books really. It isn't easy to move them around due to the quantity but can bedbugs infect books as well? >_< I really hope not!

Just before I discovered these bedbugs I purchased a new (expensive) mattress too. (for CNY, new mattress and blankets) and I really really don't wanna throw it out..

I don't think their nest is near my bed as they seem to appear nearer to my bookshelves (actually that is more worrying). I also don't seem to have got any bites either?? Strange?
But if the infestation is my bookshelves..I would have to throw them away? All of them??
Omg. These bookshelves are rather "raw" wood types not the finished types so..if I keep using liquid sprays it isn't good for the wooden bookshelves either.

Actually when I squeeze these small hard bugs, no blood comes out. And these are the ones I spot on the floor of my room. I can't really tell if they're alive or not cos they don't seem to move? Do bedbugs shed their "shell" too or something when growing?

My room is pretty clean seriously. I can leave a piece of chocolate on mydesk and it'll be untouched for ages. No ants, no cockroaches, no lizards. And yet I'd rather have ants and cockroaches..and even yuk, lizards, compared to bedbugs!

Geraldine,

If it's bedbugs, likely it came back with your luggage. Do u keep ur luggage in your cupboard? If u don't, I think it's likely to be bedbugs, esp since you have experience before so I trust you might have allergy reaction to the bites?

Since it's been a few days, trust me, you would have been bitten quite a bit. And the insects you saw, were they moving ard in the day? Bedbugs prefer dark. And bedbugs are definitely much smaller than baby cockroaches. There are lots of insects that infest wood

Geraldine,

If it's bedbugs, likely it came back with your luggage. Do u keep ur luggage in your cupboard? If u don't, I think it's likely to be bedbugs, esp since you have experience before so I trust you might have allergy reaction to the bites?

Since it's been a few days, trust me, you would have been bitten quite a bit. And the insects you saw, were they moving ard in the day? Bedbugs prefer dark. And bedbugs are definitely much smaller than baby cockroaches. There are lots of insects that infest wood

Geraldine,

I work nights so by the time I get home it's around 7am in the morning and nope.. I don't think they were moving... bedbugs are night creatures aren't they? (shit)

yeah I don't keep luggages in my cupboard..
Do bedbugs fly though? How do the eggs look like? Would cleaning the area with hot water work? It'll be harder to do that with unfinished wooden bookshelves though..

I work nights so by the time I get home it's around 7am in the morning and nope.. I don't think they were moving... bedbugs are night creatures aren't they? (shit)

Do bedbugs fly though? How do the eggs look like? Would cleaning the area with hot water work? It'll be harder to do that with unfinished wooden bookshelves though..

infrarouge, lucky you in a way, to not be around during 'feeding time'??
happy.gif

they dont fly, but can scurry away fast...eggs are light greyish in cluster and can be very persistent on the surface they stick on. cleaning with hot water may not work, unless you concentrate the heat source there for awhile...i have since thrown away an unfinished wood table, too problematic...

been so stressed out with this stupid bb problem, must think of ways to unwind and laugh it through, otherwise i will end up going nuts...

bought the osim uecologic last night, steam!!!! kill you kill you!!! buahahaha

happy.gif

they dont fly, but can scurry away fast...eggs are light greyish in cluster and can be very persistent on the surface they stick on. cleaning with hot water may not work, unless you concentrate the heat source there for awhile...i have since thrown away an unfinished wood table, too problematic...

been so stressed out with this stupid bb problem, must think of ways to unwind and laugh it through, otherwise i will end up going nuts...

happy.gif

but now that I suspect I have bedbugs I start to feel itchy...i wonder if it's psychological lol

if they don't fly how they end up on the ceiling?? not that i've seen mine on the ceiling but i read they can get up there too...

light greyish cluster...that looks like dust? are they small and hard or? they do look like eggs right? I'm gonna start suspecting everything light greyish dust thing..maybe it isn't dust after all..maybe it's hidden in dust! omg.

if there are bb, the bites will be obvious right? since i'm not around..they don't feed?? or they will try harder to migrate?? >_<
i have stuffed toys in the room too argh! books, toys, bookshelves, cushions, chairs, the list is endless. steam can kill them?

actually i haven't seen one for days now...maybe partly due to the bio-x i keep spraying. but...i'm hoping this would contain the problem? maybe it's just a small family of 6 and they're dead?? i wish...

but now that I suspect I have bedbugs I start to feel itchy...i wonder if it's psychological lol

if they don't fly how they end up on the ceiling?? not that i've seen mine on the ceiling but i read they can get up there too...

light greyish cluster...that looks like dust? are they small and hard or? they do look like eggs right? I'm gonna start suspecting everything light greyish dust thing..maybe it isn't dust after all..maybe it's hidden in dust! omg.

if there are bb, the bites will be obvious right? since i'm not around..they don't feed?? or they will try harder to migrate?? >_<
i have stuffed toys in the room too argh! books, toys, bookshelves, cushions, chairs, the list is endless. steam can kill them?

actually i haven't seen one for days now...maybe partly due to the bio-x i keep spraying. but...i'm hoping this would contain the problem? maybe it's just a small family of 6 and they're dead?? i wish...

Bb can live up to a long time without feeding and it's not night creatures. It just like dark places and sometimes they hide on walls too. The best way to prevent it is always sun yr bed, pillows etc.

Bb can live up to a long time without feeding and it's not night creatures. It just like dark places and sometimes they hide on walls too. The best way to prevent it is always sun yr bed, pillows etc.

Hi All! We are ORIGIN Exterminators, employers of the doggie Sparky, who is trained to sniff out bedbugs. Earlier in this forum, one of your members, manuka_chan mentioned that she had tried out Sparky before. There were some questions, and we would like to help address them.

1. Sparky has an accuracy rate of about 98% when it comes to sniffing out bedbugs. This is based on research done on pest detection dogs by the University of Florida. (We can provide you with this research paper upon request) Since he joined us in 2011, we have found that Sparky is quite accurate and can definitely pinpoint spots where live bugs can be found.

2. Electrical trunking, electrical boxes and power points are typical places which bedbugs infest, as it provides suitable harbourage for them. Sparky does sometimes identify these areas by indicating upwards. However, we have found that it tends to happen only when there is a heavy infestation in those areas. Due to the distance between ground level and the ceiling, we are still trying to ascertain if Sparky can pick up the smell of a single bedbug hiding in the ceiling electrical trunking.

If anyone has questions on bedbug biology as well, feel free to ask! We have been dealing with these nasty critters for many years, and will try our best to help and share what we know about bedbugs!

Hi All! We are ORIGIN Exterminators, employers of the doggie Sparky, who is trained to sniff out bedbugs. Earlier in this forum, one of your members, manuka_chan mentioned that she had tried out Sparky before. There were some questions, and we would like to help address them.

1. Sparky has an accuracy rate of about 98% when it comes to sniffing out bedbugs. This is based on research done on pest detection dogs by the University of Florida. (We can provide you with this research paper upon request) Since he joined us in 2011, we have found that Sparky is quite accurate and can definitely pinpoint spots where live bugs can be found.

2. Electrical trunking, electrical boxes and power points are typical places which bedbugs infest, as it provides suitable harbourage for them. Sparky does sometimes identify these areas by indicating upwards. However, we have found that it tends to happen only when there is a heavy infestation in those areas. Due to the distance between ground level and the ceiling, we are still trying to ascertain if Sparky can pick up the smell of a single bedbug hiding in the ceiling electrical trunking.

If anyone has questions on bedbug biology as well, feel free to ask! We have been dealing with these nasty critters for many years, and will try our best to help and share what we know about bedbugs!

Back