BEDBUGS victims

these bed bug start to appear during my confinement in jul 09 and had engaged pest control but not much help
sad.gif

Leng Leng, Yes the Lavendar oil do make me & my toddler slept better. These few days, I don't really see them at all. Maybe they shifted elsewhere... cross fingers that no more bb..

lcho & chongho, which pest control company did you engaged & how much did they charged? I e-mailed to some pest control & the lowest I got was $380 nett, but I didn't engage as I want to try to get rid by myself.

What I did was, I wrapped the queen size mattress with the black garbage bag as the mattress encasement was exp. tape with the clear scotape, it was not easily as darn heavy, so next time buy mattress, don't buy heavy one!
Before you tape the closing, add some Diatomaceous Earth into it and tape it, ensure that there's no hole as you don't want those bb to escape. I used PC-CIDE spray which brought from NTUC, but i didn't spray but use brush to brush on the bed frame, as for the bed leg i use cooking oil to prevent bb to crawl. I use hot boiling water to wash the bedsheet, pillow case & bolster case. Next, I mop the wall & floor with hot boiling water, you can add dettol into the water. Even till now I still use hot boiling water to mop the floor.
As leng leng mentioned that bb hate EO, I drop lavendar oil onto the bedsheet not too much lah, a few drop will do. The first time I drop about 7 or 9 drop, my hubby cannot stand it as too strong that he went to the living room & sleep. :p
Ladies, gotta be hardworking dealing those bb, i often woke up at 1am & 4am to catch bb. It was stress but no choice, I don't want my toddler to kena it.

Ah.. so many 'new-comers'!
Welcome Lian Chin and Mrs Chong to the bedbug clan
-_-

My bedbug prob surfaced during in the month of july i think as well.

Their last appearance was 03 SEpt and there are no signs since then. ONie one month has passed and i am waiting for their next attack.
Dun think the bedbugs let me off the HOOK so easily!

Jess, u are beri HARDWORKING LEH! You actually use hot water to mop the floor!!! Haha.. too bad mine is parquet..cannot anyhow anyhow
How long has ur bb been MIA liao??

Hi all, i engaged "Able Pest" at the rate of $350 but still on n off appeared those stupid bedbug. They only attack both my girls n not my 4 mths old baby as at now. I had thrown my queen size mattress, wood wardrobe, 2 single size wood bedframe, all the bedsheet n protector cover. Has spent about $800 on all these things
sad.gif
I even wake up in the middle of the night trying to catch those bed bug but they still appeared 1 or 2. Really cannot take it n stress about this
sad.gif
Btw, i thot we are not supposed to use any oil if there is baby in the house, can advise?

OMG. I can imagine ur stress level leh, Mrs Chong.

I went through that before bt i dun dare to throw my furniture away cos SAYANG lo
sad.gif

Since u throw away potential infected furnitures, it is quite puzzling they are still ard. Is ur flooring parquet?

Otherwise, another possibilty is that someone in ur house is bringing the bedbugs? Frm sch or workplace liddat loh?

Pestbusters they all dun guarantee total elimination of bedbugs one loh cos there is always possiblity of them being imported home from residents etc.

I myself oso no solution bt i realized my bedbug situation is under ctrl once i pinpoint their hiding place. Check out for the faeces, and their eggs if u are super observant. From there, u know where their nest is and try to eliminate them.

Hi Goldfish, i had no choice but to throwm away all these furniture n lucky my house got not much things (mine flooring is not parquet). Since last Fri, we did not see any bedbug. I tried to put a few drop of Green Tea oil on all the pillow, mattress, etc every night b4 sleep and will be spraying the house once everyweek to kill them. Worried they migth appear again, we will not be buying any new bedframe, wardrobes, etc, cannot afford to waste any more $. Btw, anyone can advise is Dryer useful to kill bedbug? I had friends telling me to put durian shell in the house and the bedbug will run away (heard is very effective but have not try).

Goldfish, I requested quotation from the AllerCare for the mattress, pillow & bolster encasing. Total was not within our budget... too exp. till now haven't seen any bb running around my MBR. YESS!!!
Mrs Chong, is the Green Tea oil doing good in staying away? I also read from other forum saying durian shell stuff but not trying it as I will be the first to run. As for Dryer, hmm... I rather go for using the hot boill to kill bedbug.

Hi jess, not sure is the green tea oil working. Last fri, the pest control had release "gas" to kill the bedbug, we had spray almost the whole house on sat and dropping a few drop of the oil on all the mattress, pillow, etc on sat n sun night b4 sleep. As at now, have not seen any of these bedbug appear
happy.gif
We did try to use hot water but too many clothes to wash n not enough place to dry them. Really exhausted by these stupid bedbug. My hubby said that the dryer highest temperature (above 100 degree) should be strong enough to kill all those unseen bedbug eggs, baby, etc. I think we really had to be very hardworking inorder to kill them. We will be spraying the house on every sat, will still contiune to use the oil on alternate days (my 2 girls can't stand the smell) until they really disappear. USing the durian shell will be the last resort.

wanted to use Lavender oil but my bottle of oil cannot be open thus had to used alternative oil loh. The smell refer to the oil. When pest control release the gas, no one is suppose to be in the house for the next 2 hrs as it is poisonous n the smell will go away once all the windows being open

hi all,
i threw away mattress, pillow, bedsheets except for bedframe and the bugs returned. May i know where to get lavender oil?

The best way is to rub turpentine but that's real toxic for the kid. From the experience of my cousins who were nastily attacked by bedbugs, the best and only permanent way is to throw away every infested item.

Bouncy: try varnishing your bedframe with clear lacquer? These buggies are not glue-sniffers and hate the smell of these thinner/turpentine/varnish.

Hi, i bought the Lavender oil at The Bodyshop. Btw, i think it is better to throw away the affected furniture. I had done so (luckily i do not have more furniture) and since 10 Oct, have not seen any bedbug. i'm still spraying my house everyweek. Still worry that they might return again.

hi mumusings and mrs chong,
thanks for the advice. ok, time to throw away the bedframe. I will also get lavender oil from bodyshop.

Hi Bouncy, think u don't buy any new furniture yet. Wait till the bedbugs really disappear b4 spending any unnecessary $

Agree with Mrs Chong. My contractor told me once that if you really want to be sure of no more bedbugs even with new furniture, coat the back of a cupboard with varnish at least.

I know that the smell will be unbearable for a while so I guess you'll have to keep your children away from the room until it goes off.

Bouncy (bouncybouncy),
you don't accept PM leh,
I have lorbang to purchase the 15ml of lavender oil at less than $7,
PM me if you want to know the website.
happy.gif

Hi Mrs Chong,
yes, i will still wait for the bugs to be gone before getting new ones. Now could only sleep on those thin mattress.

hi tan leng leng,
thanks for the lobang. I manage to get a bottle yesterday from bodyshop. Quickly rush to the shop to get one.

Bouncy, don't put too much Lavender oil, a few drops will do or else the bedbugs don't disappear n u will faint due to the smell. Think u better buy thicker mattress (3 inch) as you will need to sleep on it for quite some time (maybe few months)b4 u really sure that the bedbugs are gone. Good luck
happy.gif

hi leng leng,
hoping don't reappear.

Hi Mrs Chong,
oh, good suggestion. I thought only need to sleep on mattress for a few weeks will do. Then i get the thicker mattress.

hi all,
my mum's place was badly infested with bedbugs not long ago. although it seemed that they no longer exist we are still quite scared of them and keep on checking for them whenever we get one bite - just hoping its mosquitoes and not them.

anyway, like many of you, we spend lots of money on pest control services/ diy sprays/ insecticides.
i finally got something called diatomaceous earth. i got them online from US and cost me a bomb plus the crazy shipping fee. I still have a lot and will probably last many lifetimes..with this and many other measures - like buying sealed mattress cover, the bedbug may be kept under control. if you want some of these earth you can PM me. I can pass to you for a very small fee.

i got the earth from dirtworks
http://www.dirtworks.net/Diatomaceous-Earth.html

Hi highvolt,
You managed to got the sealed mattress cover, where did you & how much did you brought? I'm too searching for it madly...

Tan Leng Leng,
Apprec you could email me with info on wherabouts to purchase the 100% Pure Essential Lavender Oil? Thank you
happy.gif

Hi all, lucky me, those bedbug have not appeared since early Oct 09. We really have to be very hardworking in getting rid of them. I still spray my house every sat (those possible infested areas), soak clothes, etc into boiled water (if no time, i will put them into the dryer and dry at the highest heat), try to sun n air the mattress (mine 4 are single), put a few dops of essential oil near to the place where we sleep. As long can get rid of these stupid bedbug. Till Date, i only bought 4 new pillow n 2 bolster n nothing else. Did not even dare to but any new wardrobes, mattress, etc. For those seldom wear clothes, i will keep them in tight plastic container n the rest can only hang on those "open concept" hanger. Till now, i'm still so worried thay they reappear again. Advise: WE REALLY HAVE TO BE VERY HARDWORKING THAN THE BEDBUGS
happy.gif

Hi All,
last week sunday times there was a report on bedbugs. They said that Self Fix shop portion for bedbug is still the most popular item here. Also some info on the pest control company. Do check out the article.
happy.gif

mrschong is right. have to always be on your toes.
i got the cover from spotlight around 25-30 bucks for queen size.

mrs chong, i think maybe you can pm me your add. i will give you some free sample. you see if it works like - placing a live bug in container with the earth. see if it dies. then maybe you can get more from me. =)

Hi highvolt, the cover u mentioned got from spotlight, is it a mattress encasement or mattress protector?

btw can i also request sample of DE too, keen in trying
happy.gif

HI Everyone!

I have been reading the thread silently for the past 2 mths.
And i thought my bedbugs prob are long over until my bb was bitten 2 nites ago!
ARGGH... and here i am, active in this thread again

Their last appearance was Sept09 and i was secretly delighting that they are gone bt i know i shld not be too ya-ya abt it yet
And true enough, they appeared 2 months LATER ... after been MIA for 2 mths! Manz.... they can reallie spring surprises!
NOw, i am back wif vengence to kill them all!!!!! Keke

Mrs Chong, i marvel ur determination cos i dun spray the rooms tat frequently!!! Hope u will win the battle and be a role model for us!

LAVENDAR OIL
So how it works basically? Just place a few drops here and there? So smell of Lavendar will KILL them meh? Or drive them away nia?

Diatomaceous-Earth
And how does this works basically? Anyone tried??

Hi Goldfish, i saw some of the info at some website saying that bedbug can quietly hide in the house for months without appearing and reapper (will try to look for the weblink n forward to u)to be active again.

I'm not sure is the essential oil work but till now, no bedbugs has yet to appear (pray hard they don't appear). I think the purpose of oil is to drive them away n a few drops will do. As i have 3 liitle ones in my house, thus cannot out too much as they cannot take it.
Enjoy the battle again
happy.gif

hi all,
sorry been MIA for 3 days or so. bad bad flu and still trying to recover.

many had pm me and wonder how it works this earth. I think i am not an expert in this, perhaps can read the link i posted earlier.

I placed the earth on the sides of the bed frame and even on the seams of the mattresses. NOT TO BE encouraged cos, even though non-toxic, it is still powder and could cause choking/suffocation. But i, like all of you, had gone mad to eradicate these villains.

jess, encasement means the whole mattress is enveloped right? like no escape for these bugs. so yup it is encasement. that's the whole idea.

sometimes, i dun understand why these bugs were created....to make life difficult i guess. soo easy to exist in our home...sooo diff to get rid off.

For my house, i only found 1 adult BIG one crawling towards my newborn 5 months back! i was sooo pissed. I tot by always being careful and clean self and whatever bags from my mum's place, i would be safe...I was so wrong. I don't find any live ones or the eggs in my home eversince..but won't rest on my laurel. everytime, i change bedsheet, i will get my hubby to lift up the whole mattress so i can do inspection. i mean what are the chances that that ONLY 1 live bug was the ONLY one in my home???? cannot be right???

oh btw, as I have a bit of difficulty moving around (sahm taking care of 2 kids) i will post out samples during the next week. be patient k? just email me your addy.

hi highvolt,

Just wanna double confirm b4 i make a trip to Plaza Singapura (spotlight) to purchase the mattress encasement/ cover u brought. Since u got the DE, have you place inside the cover so that bb can be killed.

Hi Justme, u still need to be alert. As long there is 1 big bug n chances of the small ones alive is high. As for me, the bedbugs lay eggs at my single n queen mattress and hide at my wardrobe which we thot they won't. These few days, i notice red spot on my 2 girls n 5 mths bb's body n hope is not by the bedbugs
sad.gif

Hi Mrs Chong,

Hv been reading this thread. How did you detected that the bedbugs were hiding in yr wardrobe?

What are the signs to look for?

I found one after soaked the bed sheet, pillow cases & bolster cases, together with my toddler one, in a boil hot water. sianz...
How do I different between a male & female bb cos the bb I found, the body was long rather than the normal one.
Look like there's gonna ba another bb battle~~ since i wrapped the mattress alrady,look like the bb either come from the bedframe or from other room.
Highvolt, i had pm my address to you, did you recieve it? Mrs chong, i thought bb like to be near to the host due to carbon dioxide & our body heat, so why hide at the wardrobe???

yup mrs chong, i will always be on alert. its like eversince BB comes into our live it is never the same again. always very restless and uneasy over where we seat and sleep.

jess, yup i got the addy. i will post out all samples this saturday. sorry to keep all waiting.

I found another one crawling freely at my living room, near where my toddler is siting at her rocking chair.. arrgh... When will those darn bb gone... I told my hubby but sigh~~ it seem like guy don't see the same point as us, mummy worry about. His face expression was like, just a bug, not end of the world...
I made a trip to Spotlight & got zipped mattress cover, which highvolt recommended. but should I put some DE into the mattress cover? Highvolt, dd you placed some into yours?

Hi Jol, my girls were sleeping near the wardrobe then n they got lots of bites on their bodies. One of the morning, we spray Bygone at the bottom of the wardrobe b4 we left for work n founds lots of dead bedbugs (think is adult bedbug) near the wardrobe. Then, we realised that they do live at wardrobe. Luckily, my hubby was quite supportive / helpful in batteling with the bedbugs. Since the day we throw away the wardrobe, they do appear 1 or 2 the next few days but not now anymore.

Hi Jess, i think is not advisable to cover up the whole mattress as they might already infested which we can't see. U might want to consider Pest Control as it does help. Like the "gas" they release, it can go to those area which we unable to reach n then we have to be very hardworking from there. I don't think we are able to know male or female
sad.gif

Remember, if the bedbug is found in ur masterbed room, do not move to another room to sleep. We did that n the bedbug spread to our living room
sad.gif

Hi Mrs. Chong,

For my case, my hubby was the one being bitten quite badly. Thats when he did a thorough check at our bed and gosh.. Bedbugs! I also did alot of checking and vacuumed away thier eggs.. and then called pest control after that.

They came last wk for treatment and so far so good.. all we found were dead bugs..Will hv 2nd treatment this weekend.. hope that can fully get rid of them..

Hi Jol, remember to throw away the vacuum bag after each vacuumed. Bedbug multiply even faster in vacuum bag if u don't throwm them away (this happened to my baby sitter).

Hi Mrs Chong,

My vacuum is the type filled with water. Poured the water into toilet bowl and flush .. think shud be fine right?

jess,
i really am not sure if my sis who handled the treatment herself since she lived a block away from my mum. i can ask her later and get back to you.

mrs chong, i think whether the mattress had been infested or not, still advisable to cover the mattress (unless it is super bad condition - then throw better i guess.) cos, the trapped bugs will die after 6 months of starvation. the eggs which will hatch will also be suffering the same fate. but must not open the zipper for a year if must.

Back