BEDBUGS victims

I have no fear for all insects, cockcroaches, spiders, worms. But bedbugs sure beat me, knocking me out 1000 %.

For newcomers, best is to let partner/people under one roof understand the seriousness of BB. Dont undertake the task alone. The mental stress plus work can really ruin you.

I found some people are totally ignorant about BB, their reaction are like " bedbugs, bite loh, nevermind" . And they are reluctant to do the cleaning. So, this pretty sure will never kill the bugs totally.

I have no fear for all insects, cockcroaches, spiders, worms. But bedbugs sure beat me, knocking me out 1000 %.

For newcomers, best is to let partner/people under one roof understand the seriousness of BB. Dont undertake the task alone. The mental stress plus work can really ruin you.

I found some people are totally ignorant about BB, their reaction are like " bedbugs, bite loh, nevermind" . And they are reluctant to do the cleaning. So, this pretty sure will never kill the bugs totally.

Dear All,
Something to share!! I was told by my colleague to spray Listerine (must be original Gold) onto the bedframe as BBs scared of it...
Last night, i sprayed all the four corners of my bedframe and to our surprise, we slept thru whole night without any sight of BBs = NO BITTINGS.
The past few nights, we had been waking up in the middle of the night, killed about 6 or more of different sizes of BBs.

However i'm not sure if i have to spray it every night in order to prevent them from disturbing our night sleep. But for sure, i will used up the whole bottle ^^

Dear All,
Something to share!! I was told by my colleague to spray Listerine (must be original Gold) onto the bedframe as BBs scared of it...
Last night, i sprayed all the four corners of my bedframe and to our surprise, we slept thru whole night without any sight of BBs = NO BITTINGS.
The past few nights, we had been waking up in the middle of the night, killed about 6 or more of different sizes of BBs.

However i'm not sure if i have to spray it every night in order to prevent them from disturbing our night sleep. But for sure, i will used up the whole bottle ^^

Dear All,

Hi Joey,
I think it's great you've actually found something that has worked for you and I think you should do this on a daily basis. It's probably the smell that the BBs dislike
happy.gif

Hi Joey,
I think it's great you've actually found something that has worked for you and I think you should do this on a daily basis. It's probably the smell that the BBs dislike
happy.gif

Hi Joey,
happy.gif

Hi Miracle bebe,
Thanks. Exactly like you have mentioned, maybe the BBs afraid of the smell.
Had a peaceful sleep last night. ^o^
Should give a try as well, though it's just having the whole bedroom with the listerine smell but it's better than get bitten and disturb by the devils!!! Cheers.

Hi Miracle bebe,
Should give a try as well, though it's just having the whole bedroom with the listerine smell but it's better than get bitten and disturb by the devils!!! Cheers.

Hi Miracle bebe,

Hi joey, just a reminder, the listerine just dispel the BBs for a while, it might shifted to your living room or come back after sometimes. Best to kill them all.

Hi joey, just a reminder, the listerine just dispel the BBs for a while, it might shifted to your living room or come back after sometimes. Best to kill them all.

Hi Miracle_bebe.  Thank you for pointing out the error.   

Anyway, just to update all of my 1st treatment session with Origin & Sparky Dog. 

- Before Sparky starts work, the Technician who works with Sparky requested to take a look of house and advised us what to observe when Sparky at work.
- Sparky Dog brought into the house and started its investigation work from the bed rooms, walk way, living room, store room and lastly kitchen.  I also requested Sparky Dog to sniff the bags of item packed n detected nothing. Phew!
- Upon detection of infested area, Sparky would sit down n refused to move until it is rewarded with food. To confirm the infested area, the technician pulled Sparky away but Sparky would return to the infested area n wait for its food.

Result of Sparky's findings:-
4 infested areas identified are all in the 2 bedrooms in the house:-
(1) maid's bedframe - a corner. 
(2) wooden side skirting in the maid's room.
(3) my Bedframe - a corner.  No sight of bedbugs but spotted bb tiny feats stain on my mattress. 
(4) wooden side skirting in the MBR.

Aftermath of treatment:-
Stayed out one night and returned home the next day to clean the house. 
- Found bbs mainly unfed nymphs killed.  There was one adult bb (quite big) found dead on my mattress (didn't spot it when we checked the mattress for bb). 
- Threw away my maid's infested bedframe n unwanted furniture to ease the cleaning work require after the 2nd treatment in 2 weeks time.

Effectiveness of Sparky's findings and treatment are still in question but I m happy that some infested areas are found.  Before that, I seriously have no clue where to start to treat the infestation as we don't see them (just spotted few live bb crawling on few occasions) n no bites thus far (mayb no allergy reaction to their bites - both my gal n myself share the queen size bed did not suffer any visible bites) in my case.  The bb are really difficult to identify.  The bug at the infested area picked up by the technician was so tiny that I would think it is dust.  Sparky will return for inspection one week after the 2nd treatment session.  Hope the infestation is cleared.

Though professional help sought, the battle against bb is expected to be long.  Maintenance is still required as such pests can be everywhere.  The Origin technician advised it is best to seal the cracks/gaps found on wall n parquet flooring.  Went to TPY lorong 3 to get the DE powder, a lady advised us to scatter n spray DE powder around the whole house and not just the infested areas to prevent the return of bb or prevent them from spreading at least. 

The technician assessed my bb infestation to be mild but it is enough to cause trauma to me. Now I sleep with lights on. 

Hi Joey

Understood that u have previously engaged Origin to eradicate the bb but the infestation returned.  Pardon me asking, how bad was the bb infestation when u called for the service? Did u do any maintenance thereafter?

Anyway, just to update all of my 1st treatment session with Origin & Sparky Dog. 

- Before Sparky starts work, the Technician who works with Sparky requested to take a look of house and advised us what to observe when Sparky at work.
- Sparky Dog brought into the house and started its investigation work from the bed rooms, walk way, living room, store room and lastly kitchen.  I also requested Sparky Dog to sniff the bags of item packed n detected nothing. Phew!
- Upon detection of infested area, Sparky would sit down n refused to move until it is rewarded with food. To confirm the infested area, the technician pulled Sparky away but Sparky would return to the infested area n wait for its food.

(3) my Bedframe - a corner.  No sight of bedbugs but spotted bb tiny feats stain on my mattress. 

- Found bbs mainly unfed nymphs killed.  There was one adult bb (quite big) found dead on my mattress (didn't spot it when we checked the mattress for bb). 
- Threw away my maid's infested bedframe n unwanted furniture to ease the cleaning work require after the 2nd treatment in 2 weeks time.

Effectiveness of Sparky's findings and treatment are still in question but I m happy that some infested areas are found.  Before that, I seriously have no clue where to start to treat the infestation as we don't see them (just spotted few live bb crawling on few occasions) n no bites thus far (mayb no allergy reaction to their bites - both my gal n myself share the queen size bed did not suffer any visible bites) in my case.  The bb are really difficult to identify.  The bug at the infested area picked up by the technician was so tiny that I would think it is dust.  Sparky will return for inspection one week after the 2nd treatment session.  Hope the infestation is cleared.

Though professional help sought, the battle against bb is expected to be long.  Maintenance is still required as such pests can be everywhere.  The Origin technician advised it is best to seal the cracks/gaps found on wall n parquet flooring.  Went to TPY lorong 3 to get the DE powder, a lady advised us to scatter n spray DE powder around the whole house and not just the infested areas to prevent the return of bb or prevent them from spreading at least. 

The technician assessed my bb infestation to be mild but it is enough to cause trauma to me. Now I sleep with lights on. 

Hi Joey

Understood that u have previously engaged Origin to eradicate the bb but the infestation returned.  Pardon me asking, how bad was the bb infestation when u called for the service? Did u do any maintenance thereafter?

Hi Joey

Hi manuka,

Wonder if you know whether the dog can detect infestation on the ceiling and electrical conduit ( high and hard to reach)? cause i caught many nymphs crawling on the ceiling.

To spot the tiny nymphs, one can use a LED torch to shine on the walls , switched off the light. If your eyes are normal vision, after a while if u see the tiny spot moving, then it must be bugs.
Used masking task to remove them.

Hi manuka,

Wonder if you know whether the dog can detect infestation on the ceiling and electrical conduit ( high and hard to reach)? cause i caught many nymphs crawling on the ceiling.

To spot the tiny nymphs, one can use a LED torch to shine on the walls , switched off the light. If your eyes are normal vision, after a while if u see the tiny spot moving, then it must be bugs.

Hi manuka,

Hi Ryan

No idea if Sparky Dog can really detect the infestation on the ceiling n electrical conduit. Maybe can due to the odor of infestation. Perhaps u would like to call Origin to find out.  There are pros and cons in any actions we choose to take to fight the bb. It really depends on the level of infestation, the belief n requirement.

Hi Ryan

No idea if Sparky Dog can really detect the infestation on the ceiling n electrical conduit. Maybe can due to the odor of infestation. Perhaps u would like to call Origin to find out.  There are pros and cons in any actions we choose to take to fight the bb. It really depends on the level of infestation, the belief n requirement.

Hi Ryan

Thanks Ryan, exactly my method is only to disperse BB to other places.

Hi Manuka, after the treatment, we simply thought the whole espisode will end. So we just concentrate on cleaning off the pesticide for the whole house. The BBs came back after about 3 mths later. After since the comeback of the BBs, I will spray the BB portion which I bought it from Ubi. The product is very smelly. We didn't fully clean the whole house but by rooms. Therefore I think one room is cleared, they attack the other room. So it's like never ending!!!!

It's super tiring battle with these BBs.

Hi Manuka, after the treatment, we simply thought the whole espisode will end. So we just concentrate on cleaning off the pesticide for the whole house. The BBs came back after about 3 mths later. After since the comeback of the BBs, I will spray the BB portion which I bought it from Ubi. The product is very smelly. We didn't fully clean the whole house but by rooms. Therefore I think one room is cleared, they attack the other room. So it's like never ending!!!!

Joey,
Try this oil based spray called "super bed bugs spray" , white color , by new eastern. Most of the water based pesticides seems to be not effective or slow acting. ( i read in one of the thailand research that oil based spray are still more effective even using same chemical )

Some are lucky, they just got some spray and BB gone. Some, like me, struggling.

I recently saw my downstair neighbour airing his bedding, scary. not sure he also kena ( or he kena, spread to me).

Joey,
Try this oil based spray called "super bed bugs spray" , white color , by new eastern. Most of the water based pesticides seems to be not effective or slow acting. ( i read in one of the thailand research that oil based spray are still more effective even using same chemical )

Some are lucky, they just got some spray and BB gone. Some, like me, struggling.

I recently saw my downstair neighbour airing his bedding, scary. not sure he also kena ( or he kena, spread to me).

Joey,

Ryan, I seen and bought this super bed bugs spray at 1 of the convenience store near my hse. I get my maid to help to spray on all corners of mattress and wardrobes.

I have finished the bottle of listerine unfortunately I still get bitten occasionally.
Friends telling me have to lure out the female BB if not they will produce a troop of newcomers. "cry"
Anyone know how to look out and lure the BBs out?
I cant take the torture anymore. Often just feel to be used to them being part of our family members.

Ryan, I seen and bought this super bed bugs spray at 1 of the convenience store near my hse. I get my maid to help to spray on all corners of mattress and wardrobes.

I have finished the bottle of listerine unfortunately I still get bitten occasionally.
Friends telling me have to lure out the female BB if not they will produce a troop of newcomers. "cry"
I cant take the torture anymore. Often just feel to be used to them being part of our family members.

Hi joey, try to isolate yr clothing, stuffs, take out mattress cover and spray the room. Seal the room for a few hours. Do this maybe few more times every few days.

If the bites are not serious, then have to bear with it liao.

I think i will try to build a dry ice BB detector when i back in few days. Hope i can get some dry ice cheaply.

Hi joey, try to isolate yr clothing, stuffs, take out mattress cover and spray the room. Seal the room for a few hours. Do this maybe few more times every few days.

I think i will try to build a dry ice BB detector when i back in few days. Hope i can get some dry ice cheaply.

Hi Ryan, I have bought a herb scent thingy says can get rif of all insects including BBs. 1 pack have 2 boxes for $10. Pic as attached. The smell is strong to me. sometimes feel like suffocating. however its does help to makes the BBs disappear again! As attached pic.
6102328.jpg

What's dry ice detector for?
to locate where are the BBs mass?
How to apply? Just buy the dry ice? Please advise your method!!!
Many thanks!!!

Hi Ryan, I have bought a herb scent thingy says can get rif of all insects including BBs. 1 pack have 2 boxes for $10. Pic as attached. The smell is strong to me. sometimes feel like suffocating. however its does help to makes the BBs disappear again! As attached pic.
6102328.jpg

Many thanks!!!

6102328.jpg

Many thanks!!!

Hi Joey, Ryan

I use Scent King to ward off lizards and they work very well esp in enclosed areas.
I know it says can also use for bedbugs but never used it becos the bed is an open area and according to the sales staff, one can put at the bed but not too near to where you are sleeping esp if one is expecting..just a caution of reminder
happy.gif

The fragrance is strong becos the ingredients are a mixture of herbs and for some, the fragrance makes one sick..a mum told me she almost vomitted
sad.gif
But am ok w it, infact i love the smell of herbs.

I keep stock of these Scent King. I paid $5/box of 2pcs and it's an island-wide price.

So Joey, where at the bed do you stick these and how many pcs did you use?

Thanks

Hi Joey, Ryan

I use Scent King to ward off lizards and they work very well esp in enclosed areas.
I know it says can also use for bedbugs but never used it becos the bed is an open area and according to the sales staff, one can put at the bed but not too near to where you are sleeping esp if one is expecting..just a caution of reminder
happy.gif

The fragrance is strong becos the ingredients are a mixture of herbs and for some, the fragrance makes one sick..a mum told me she almost vomitted
sad.gif

I keep stock of these Scent King. I paid $5/box of 2pcs and it's an island-wide price.

Thanks

Hi Joey, Ryan

happy.gif

sad.gif

Thanks

Hi joey, thanks for your tips on the Scent King.

Dry ice detector, basically used to trap/detect whether your room has got any bedbugs. It works on the fact that, bedbugs are lured by carbon dioxide. Quite simple to build, can use to clear some bedbugs if working. But needed dry ice to generate the CO2.

http://www.bedbuginfo.com/homemade-dry-ice-bed-bug-monitor.php

Basically, my room is almost empty and i am sleeping on the matress without bed frame. I steamed/sprayed the mattress every 2 days and put DE on the floor. All my stuff are put in plastic bags. I can even call the pest control to come and fume the room. But Sad part is, i am living with my sibling who, dun really care or ignorant.

These days, i dun really feels like going back this place.

Dry ice detector, basically used to trap/detect whether your room has got any bedbugs. It works on the fact that, bedbugs are lured by carbon dioxide. Quite simple to build, can use to clear some bedbugs if working. But needed dry ice to generate the CO2.

Basically, my room is almost empty and i am sleeping on the matress without bed frame. I steamed/sprayed the mattress every 2 days and put DE on the floor. All my stuff are put in plastic bags. I can even call the pest control to come and fume the room. But Sad part is, i am living with my sibling who, dun really care or ignorant.

Hi miracle bebe,
OMG! i being cheated! Telling me they having a sale. I paid $10/3pcs!!! The uncle said buy 2 get 1 for $10. So I bought $20 for 3boxes of 6 @@
The scent indeed very strong. I can't stand it either. I covered myself under the blanket in order to breathe. But the scent is ok for my hubby. I placed it behind my bedframe and the other behind my wardrobe. Luckily I didn't placed it inside my wardrobe otherwise I think I'll puke.

These two days with the scent king, we did not have any BB bites. But I had mossie bite istead.
sad.gif

I removed it from my room during weekends when my baby is back and we got bitten!
I'm feel the scent is harmful to baby.
I have just spotted 2 baby BBs. Haiz. These devils never die. So depressing.....

Hi Ryan, what you do after luring the BB out?

Hi miracle bebe,
OMG! i being cheated! Telling me they having a sale. I paid $10/3pcs!!! The uncle said buy 2 get 1 for $10. So I bought $20 for 3boxes of 6 @@
The scent indeed very strong. I can't stand it either. I covered myself under the blanket in order to breathe. But the scent is ok for my hubby. I placed it behind my bedframe and the other behind my wardrobe. Luckily I didn't placed it inside my wardrobe otherwise I think I'll puke.

These two days with the scent king, we did not have any BB bites. But I had mossie bite istead.
sad.gif

I removed it from my room during weekends when my baby is back and we got bitten!
I'm feel the scent is harmful to baby.
I have just spotted 2 baby BBs. Haiz. These devils never die. So depressing.....

Hi Ryan, what you do after luring the BB out?

Back