Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

Ive not done a medicated cycle before but ever asked my doctor on the difference. It is basically a timed cycle for better control. They use estrogen and progesterone (usually injection) to prime the lining and help it to thicken and be more receptive. Sometimes, they use a HcG injection to cause ovulation to occur. My doctor ever said that success rate is comparable for both and some people might benefit from a medicated cycle more. For instance, ppl with irregular periods or PCOS.
(a) was given progynova oral tabs for FET and utrogestan vaginal tabs prior to days before transfer
(b) medicated is more controlled so less if hiccups and aborted cycles unless linking still does not make it despite medicine. Success rates would vary because not only it depends on cycle, it also depends on embryo, lining and a myriad of other factors
(c) start of cycle progynova tabs, depending on days before transfer start on utrogestan tabs to prime lining (e.g. 5 day embryo means 5 days before transfer to insert), no need to track ovulation

Icic, i didnt taken any progynova before, hopefully wont have any side effects, . i took letrozole for my natural FET, will cause me to have bad headache.

thanks all, i guess i have to try the medicated FET next month.

Hello Ladies,

can i check does anybody know what is the rough estimated waiting time to commence IVF at KKH at the moment?
Thanks!

Thanks! I changed my doctor that’s one. Previous two rounds was with Kkivf. I transferred two blastocysts with this current doctor. He is doctor tan heng hao by the way... During the two weeks wait, I really put myself on total bed rest and took my medications regularly that’s all... as for diet, I didn’t take tea or coffee. Other than this, everything was per normal.
Do you remember what is your protocol? Eg pergoveris?

Hi
My 2 blastocysts
1 is 5AA the other is 4AB. I opted for laser assisted hatching too on the day of transfer.
I wouldn’t worry too much about the grading. My Fren transferred one grade B and she’s about 11 weeks pregnant now.
We can opt for it ? Or it’s the embryologist decide depending on the expansion of the embryos?

We can opt for it ? Or it’s the embryologist decide depending on the expansion of the embryos?
They always pick the best looking blastocysts. But really, don’t get too focused on grading. I had AA blastocyst that turned out aneuploid (did PGT-A). The grading only tells u abt the inner cell mass and the trophectoderm (helps with the sticking rate). Even if the trophectoderm is a B grade, you can always opt for assisted hatching so it’s no big deal. I believe that is why @Heng_heng is saying grade don’t matter.

Hi fellow IVF ladies! i had an unsuccessful fresh cycle. I was disappointed when the dr wasn’t helpful when i asked her what i should do to prep for my first natural FET. She said that there’s not much i can do and to just let my body do its work.

can anyone advise what i can do to prep for FET? Like any diet/supplements that i can look into? Exercise?

Thank you in advance! :)

Hi the LAH was done on the day of my frozen transfer. But I think to do it your embryos must be blastocysts first...
Can be done on day 3 embryos. Cuz I was sending mine for PGT so they all had to have assisted hatching in order to biopsy the cells for abnormalities.

Hello Ladies,

can i check does anybody know what is the rough estimated waiting time to commence IVF at KKH at the moment?
Thanks!

It was quite fast for me, but I had a previous experience doing my IUI there, so I just started on my next cycle. Have you seen a doc there?

Hi, I’ve been a silent reader and I just went for my 6 weeks scan today but only gestational sac can be seen.
Doctor schedule to re-scan again in 5 days time. Would like to know if anyone experience this?

Hi, I’ve been a silent reader and I just went for my 6 weeks scan today but only gestational sac can be seen.
Doctor schedule to re-scan again in 5 days time. Would like to know if anyone experience this?

Yup its normal.
somtimes u might not be that far along in your pregnancy yet thats why doctor ask to scan again in a few days or 1 week time.
By then you will be able to detect fetal pole & fetal heartbeat.

Yup its normal.
somtimes u might not be that far along in your pregnancy yet thats why doctor ask to scan again in a few days or 1 week time.
By then you will be able to detect fetal pole & fetal heartbeat.

Oh thanks this really gave me hope. I got a huge scare when doc told me the chances is slim. I was told my gestational size is at 5 weeks while I’m at my 6 weeks pregnancy

Oh thanks this really gave me hope. I got a huge scare when doc told me the chances is slim. I was told my gestational size is at 5 weeks while I’m at my 6 weeks pregnancy

Try not to worry so much at the moment.
Take good care of yourself for now & wait till the next appointment. All the best to you!

I'm in the same situation as your, should be 6week but is measure at 5 week plus. Heartbeat can be hear but is low. Next visit heartbeat stopped and shrink back. Doc comment hb is in low rate that contribute to this factor

I'm in the same situation as your, should be 6week but is measure at 5 week plus. Heartbeat can be hear but is low. Next visit heartbeat stopped and shrink back. Doc comment hb is in low rate that contribute to this factor

Hugs. I really hope God doesn’t play such cruel joke.

Just transferred (fresh) this week.
Currently doing:
- folate, progynova and multivit in the morning
- 2-3 cups longan and red date water every 2 days
- eating 2 tbsp of fresh promenegrate every evening
- 30 min walk in the evening
- 2l water daily
- trying not to have much sugar and processed food but haven't been able to cut out dark chocolate

Any other things I can do to help my egg "stick"?

Hihi i wanna ask...if anyone doing the natural FET at kkh recently.. i wanna know the procedure of the natural fet.

I rem i did in 2018 natural fet in kkh ..then nurse only told me to check for ovulation via ovulation kit.. there is no ultrasound scan to check the ovary size... am i right?? Or i rem wrongly..

Anyone can advise? TIA

Hihi i wanna ask...if anyone doing the natural FET at kkh recently.. i wanna know the procedure of the natural fet.

I rem i did in 2018 natural fet in kkh ..then nurse only told me to check for ovulation via ovulation kit.. there is no ultrasound scan to check the ovary size... am i right?? Or i rem wrongly..

Anyone can advise? TIA
Natural FET procedure at KK involves regular ultrasound to monitor follicle size as well as doing OPK tests. After 1 or 2 scans depending on follicle size, nurse will advise you to start testing OPK daily to catch the ovulation day correctly. Have to keep returning to KK for ultrasounds every 2-3 days until OPK is positive.

Hi all currently in my 7dp5dt. I caved in yesterday on 6dp5dt and tested on first response preg test using second morning urine. Negative.

Today I look at the results again it seems to have a super ultra light shadow line. I feel I could be hallucinating.

since transfer I have cramps and poking twitching sudden pain (day 2&3) and I started working on day 3 post transfer (abit stress as covering people from work). Had also pubic bone pain and tummy pulling feeling all these while. Can’t seems to straighten my legs to sleep as the pulling feeling is there.

Anyone tested this early and got bfp afterwards?
Kinda sad and feel sian now

Hi all currently in my 7dp5dt. I caved in yesterday on 6dp5dt and tested on first response preg test using second morning urine. Negative.

Today I look at the results again it seems to have a super ultra light shadow line. I feel I could be hallucinating.

since transfer I have cramps and poking twitching sudden pain (day 2&3) and I started working on day 3 post transfer (abit stress as covering people from work). Had also pubic bone pain and tummy pulling feeling all these while. Can’t seems to straighten my legs to sleep as the pulling feeling is there.

Anyone tested this early and got bfp afterwards?
Kinda sad and feel sian now

usually around that time, the 2nd line would be very faint. i did the same for my recent FET too, however it went from faint line to negative nearer to the date of my BT. also experienced cramps, back and pelvis ache (but no sore boobs). but no matter what, it is still too early to confirm anything. be positive and good luck!

usually around that time, the 2nd line would be very faint. i did the same for my recent FET too, however it went from faint line to negative nearer to the date of my BT. also experienced cramps, back and pelvis ache (but no sore boobs)

how are u doing? U did your blood test?
may I know which preg test u used
By the way I was looking at my results yesterday. I didn’t do one today. So scared already

how are u doing? U did your blood test?
may I know which preg test u used
By the way I was looking at my results yesterday. I didn’t do one today. So scared already

yup just did my BT on thursday. negative, but was kinda expecting it becos the day before i started spotting and it grew heavier on BT day itself. I used cassette type which i bought from shop-ee! IMO, cheap HPT also works. for my last fresh i POAS addict starting from 6dp5dt, and the line was faint to dark, BT was 200 on 12dp5dt, but ended up chemical.

don let it scare you tho. if u r afraid to take den just leave it to the BT, or perhaps take 2-3 days later to see if the line gets darker! :) there are ladies who ended up with BFP with similar symptoms as you mentioned!

Hey, I need some advice, currently on Fresh IVF cycle and result is positive.

Are we able to choose our IVF doctor at KKH as our Gynae.

Also able to share the steps after positive for IVF session.

Hey, I need some advice, currently on Fresh IVF cycle and result is positive.

Are we able to choose our IVF doctor at KKH as our Gynae.

Also able to share the steps after positive for IVF session.
Yes ... ur ivf doc will follow thru ur pregnancy .. unless u r on subsidize rates then i am not sure..

Hey ladies, got my blood test results and it was 220 at 15dp3dt. Need to come again for 2nd blood test on 17dp3dt.

Is there anything I need to worry about? As I see some have high beta

Also doctor is only giving dydrogesterone.

Hey ladies, got my blood test results and it was 220 at 15dp3dt. Need to come again for 2nd blood test on 17dp3dt.

Is there anything I need to worry about? As I see some have high beta

Also doctor is only giving dydrogesterone.

Hi
Don't worry too much. As long as your hcg double up during the next blood test, it will be fine. I started with relatively low hcg which only consist 2 digits no. on 12dp3dt, subsequently blood test it double up to 3 digits. Last week during the scan, I saw the little heart beat ❤. As long as double up it mean the little one still growing, don't worry about the number. This is what my ivf doctor told me too :)

Hi. Anyone has NK issues? My level is 19, n the immune doc thinks it is significantly high for conceiving issues. She said is common for people with endometriosis.
Is this considered as elevated NK or high NK? I saw in forum sometimes mention about elevated NK. I failed 4 FET previously, only 1 of which is bfp but chemical.

Hi. Anyone has NK issues? My level is 19, n the immune doc thinks it is significantly high for conceiving issues. She said is common for people with endometriosis.
Is this considered as elevated NK or high NK? I saw in forum sometimes mention about elevated NK. I failed 4 FET previously, only 1 of which is bfp but chemical.
Do you mean natural killer cells? I think you shld check on your embryos quality first as 70% of failure to implant is actually due to the embryo quality.

Do you mean natural killer cells? I think you shld check on your embryos quality first as 70% of failure to implant is actually due to the embryo quality.
Ya, natural killers cells. I still left with 2 frozen embryos, so can't check for embryo quality.

Ya, natural killers cells. I still left with 2 frozen embryos, so can't check for embryo quality.
I’m not sure on the procedure of checking for embryo quality in Singapore. However, I’m pretty sure we could do it on frozen embryos in the US because my friend did that after 2 failed pregnancies. The grading the lab gives you on the structure don’t matter at all. The most important thing is to check if the embryo is even a euploid. An aneuploid embryo has very high chance of implantation failure and/or early miscarriage. As mentioned above, the quality is the largest reason for failure followed by any other reasons.

I’m not sure on the procedure of checking for embryo quality in Singapore. However, I’m pretty sure we could do it on frozen embryos in the US because my friend did that after 2 failed pregnancies. The grading the lab gives you on the structure don’t matter at all. The most important thing is to check if the embryo is even a euploid. An aneuploid embryo has very high chance of implantation failure and/or early miscarriage. As mentioned above, the quality is the largest reason for failure followed by any other reasons.
I see. Yes, we will consider about it, if we need to go for another fresh cycle. Thanks for sharing! :)

Hi Ladies,
This is not my very 1st post already. But I just want to share for those might be going through the same journey as me.
Let get started, I'm have gone through the same as most ladies out there, went through rounds of iuis, IVFs, FETs.

Last year this period November, I went through my 3rd rounds of ivf at NUH. Again, During the scanning, only few follicles detected. N I'm rather disappointed as i was told about 4 follicles only, getting lesser n lesser each time. ER that day was told that they have retrieved 7 eggs, more than we expected so we r happy. But happiness don't last long, next day received call from embryologist. Out of 7 eggs, only 2 are matured. N only 1 is fertilised, suddenly feel like lightning strike on me. So the next few days feel like a nightmare for us, praying hard my 1 and only embryo survive. Especially during the 3rd day fall on sat, we waited almost the whole day for the embryologist to call, finally about 3 plus they called n told us ours is a good quality 8 cell embryo n they will proceed to freeze. God bless, my one n only embryo survive.

The next appt Prof Wong asked us when we want to proceed for our FET, I told him I wanted to rest about 2 to 3 months later then proceed for FET. Who knows, the following month after my ER I was pregnant naturally but ended up miscarriage at week 10.

N few weeks ago I finally went through my 2nd FET with my only 3rd day embryo, I didn't pin much hope as mine is not a blastocyst. So my BT result out, is a positive but when I saw the hcg result was quite disappointed. So when Prof Wong congrats us, I told him I saw my hcg level quite low, I told Prof it will be a chemical Pregancy again right. Prof Wong give me a stern look n said who told u that, n give me lots of encouragement, as long as my hcg went up, we don't give up hope, which boost my confidence. N today i went for my 2nd blood test, my hcg is doubling up, n is officially BFP! Even though is still a long journey till the day we hold the little one in our arm. Then we can successfully tell ourselves we made it.

I just want to tell ladies out there that are same as me, even if we don't have lots of embryo or blastocyst, there are hope to see positive too. JIA YOU!

Baby dust to all

Thank you for sharing with us your experiences and words of encouragement! And congrats to you too dear❤️ I was also told earlier today, out of 15 eggs that were retrieved, 12 have been fertilised successfully however only 1 egg is of good quality and the other 11 have to be disposed off due to bad quality and abnormalities so similar to what you have experienced, I am praying and hoping that this lucky egg would give us a miracle. Doc also mentioned that this egg is grade ‘B’ and that FET will be done after my period this month which is gg to start next week I guess..Will be celebrating my 4th year wedding anni this coming Jan and feeling hopeful for a rainbow baby as a gift for me and dear husband❤️

Hi all, before IVF/IUI, you may want to consider Rosytime

Rosytime makes many couples' dream comes true

I experienced countless hopes and disappointments for my first baby. I have consulted multiple western doctors and also tried Chinese medicine, and many secret tips, but still I can't conceive. I felt disappointed, sad and mad, and when I almost gave up, suddenly there is a good news

Here comes I want a second child. I thought: having the first child gave us so much trouble, I asked my husband if we should see chinese doctor?

But he gave me great confidence, he said: No! You have Rosytime that's enough! Rosytime is the best to nourish ladies' ovaries and uterus.

Hence, everyday I will take Rosytime as my daily nutrition, and fortunately, I got pregnant really quickly!

I am really grateful to get to know nutritional immunology products as they gave me enough nutrition for a day!

Thankfully having Rosytime, Soygreen and Emunity during my pregnancy, I can maintain a healthy weight, and the baby in my tummy also growing healthily.

If you are planning for a baby, but after so long still unable to conceive naturally, try Rosytime before going to IVF, you will feel the goodness of it.

If you would like to know more about Rosytime, please leave a pm.

Attachments

• Rosytimes.png
    Rosytimes.png
    124.2 KB · Views: 201
Thank you for sharing with us your experiences and words of encouragement! And congrats to you too dear❤ I was also told earlier today, out of 15 eggs that were retrieved, 12 have been fertilised successfully however only 1 egg is of good quality and the other 11 have to be disposed off due to bad quality and abnormalities so similar to what you have experienced, I am praying and hoping that this lucky egg would give us a miracle. Doc also mentioned that this egg is grade ‘B’ and that FET will be done after my period this month which is gg to start next week I guess..Will be celebrating my 4th year wedding anni this coming Jan and feeling hopeful for a rainbow baby as a gift for me and dear husband❤

Thanks! Yes, never give up hope. I remember I met a very nice nurse during my ivf days, she always encourage me whenever I'm depressed with the results. She will always tell me successful story of their patients even with only 1 follicle/egg. I will never forget what she told me "don't focus on the no. of egg, we only need one to see your rainbows" ❤ N so coincident, my FET fall on my wedding anniversary too, so I pray n told my little embryo, no matter what you must survive from the thawing. Daddy n mummy wants to bring you back home to celebrate with us and today we still find this is the best wedding anni gift we ever had. So I believe you will be receiving your best wedding anni gift too. Jia you!! Best wishes to you for your FET ❤

Hi ladies, need some advice please.

This is my timeline

5 Dec - 5 Day Blastocyst transferred

10 Dec (5DP5DT) - FRER test negative (I was testing to see if HCG trigger jab had cleared from my system)

11Dec (6DP5DT) - guardian home brand pregnancy test (very faint line). Had some light brown/pink discharge like pre-AF kind but not a lot.

12 Dec (7DP5DT) - Clearblue digital (positive 1-2 weeks)

Is it possible that I’m pregnant? I’m so so nervous and hope this cycle works.
Thank you all for your time and advice

Hi Ladies,

Were you given progesterone post ET? I realised I wasn’t prescribed with one, but instead with Pregnyl. I googled and both seems to have different uses. Anyone had Pregnyl before?

Thanks!

Hi Ladies,

Were you given progesterone post ET? I realised I wasn’t prescribed with one, but instead with Pregnyl. I googled and both seems to have different uses. Anyone had Pregnyl before?

Thanks!
I was given Dydrogesterone for 12 days post ET. I have heard of Pregnyl being given with progesterone too but was never prescribed Pregnyl in my 3 cycles.

Hi Ladies,
This is not my very 1st post already. But I just want to share for those might be going through the same journey as me.
Let get started, I'm have gone through the same as most ladies out there, went through rounds of iuis, IVFs, FETs.

Last year this period November, I went through my 3rd rounds of ivf at NUH. Again, During the scanning, only few follicles detected. N I'm rather disappointed as i was told about 4 follicles only, getting lesser n lesser each time. ER that day was told that they have retrieved 7 eggs, more than we expected so we r happy. But happiness don't last long, next day received call from embryologist. Out of 7 eggs, only 2 are matured. N only 1 is fertilised, suddenly feel like lightning strike on me. So the next few days feel like a nightmare for us, praying hard my 1 and only embryo survive. Especially during the 3rd day fall on sat, we waited almost the whole day for the embryologist to call, finally about 3 plus they called n told us ours is a good quality 8 cell embryo n they will proceed to freeze. God bless, my one n only embryo survive.

The next appt Prof Wong asked us when we want to proceed for our FET, I told him I wanted to rest about 2 to 3 months later then proceed for FET. Who knows, the following month after my ER I was pregnant naturally but ended up miscarriage at week 10.

N few weeks ago I finally went through my 2nd FET with my only 3rd day embryo, I didn't pin much hope as mine is not a blastocyst. So my BT result out, is a positive but when I saw the hcg result was quite disappointed. So when Prof Wong congrats us, I told him I saw my hcg level quite low, I told Prof it will be a chemical Pregancy again right. Prof Wong give me a stern look n said who told u that, n give me lots of encouragement, as long as my hcg went up, we don't give up hope, which boost my confidence. N today i went for my 2nd blood test, my hcg is doubling up, n is officially BFP! Even though is still a long journey till the day we hold the little one in our arm. Then we can successfully tell ourselves we made it.

I just want to tell ladies out there that are same as me, even if we don't have lots of embryo or blastocyst, there are hope to see positive too. JIA YOU!

Baby dust to all
Thank you for sharing your journey. gives me some hope. Can you also share the stimms jabs given by Prof Wong?

Reactions: Cmf
Dear friend - sorry to hear about your experience. For me, I have started preparing my body for a long time. Been having prenatal vitamins, omega 3 fish oil, Coq10. I have also been on alternate days taken Amway Bodykey and Protein to boost my body. I have been avoiding processed food and junk food and bubble tea whatsoever that I deemed unhealthy. Also been exercising more lately before IVF cycle - to lessen my stress at work. Mediterranean diet helps (based on my research).
Hi dear can you share more on the amway protein powder? thank you

Hi dear can you share more on the amway protein powder? thank you
Hi Alisha. I will put the amway protein powder in my breakfast smoothies. Protein is important pre and post ivf so i started taking it much earlier to prep my body. After egg retrieval - i was advised to take raw egg white (4 - 5 eggs) and a lot of liquid. I recovered within 2 days after the surgery. 15 good blastocysts in freezer now.

Reactions: Cmf

Back