Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

Do — stay stress free and happy! Rest and eat well. Eat — not sure if it is too late because it is tomorrow but it is actually good to start right from stimms. People say can try durian, brazil nuts, Longan red date tea, red bean soup. I have tried some here and some others but not everything. Then again, it depends on individual.
Yeps.. important to keep the womb warm and promote blood circulation (light walking). No cold drinks for sure. But there’s really no science onto how to make embryo implant... To me, that’s the only unknown in IVF. Cuz you can have a good lining and good quality embryo but it still doesn’t implant. @Babyss

@SecondEverett PGS/PGT is not available in Singapore? I think Dr Tan Heng Hao uses this for his patients.. It isn’t exactly cheap here in the US too, I paid 1.3k USD for 5 embryos.
Yes pgs is not available in Singapore unless the couple has a genetic condition which requires screening and then they will need to seek approval from MOH. Nearest country this is available in is Malaysia but with covid currently, not possible at the moment I guess. Yes probably he will liaise with the Malaysian side though the fees for transportation of embryos etc can be hefty. So most of us end up not doing pgs at all and just transfer.

Yes pgs is not available in Singapore unless the couple has a genetic condition which requires screening and then they will need to seek approval from MOH. Nearest country this is available in is Malaysia but with covid currently, not possible at the moment I guess. Yes probably he will liaise with the Malaysian side though the fees for transportation of embryos etc can be hefty. So most of us end up not doing pgs at all and just transfer.
Wow I didn’t know that! I thought Singapore would always have good medical technologies. There are a few types of PGT.. There is PGT-A/PGS that screens for abnormal no. of chromosomes; PGT-M for couples with genetic condition and PGT-R (I think) to detect poor organization or smth... What you mentioned abv sounds like PGT-M which is more troublesome..

PGS/PGT-A will actually save a lot of heartbreak in my opinion... I have a friend who suffered 2 miscarriages and after she opted for PGT-A on all her frozen embryos, she did not have a miscarriage since then (3 children all IVF).

Hi
Actually singapore did have PGS but I think started not long ago only and I think still under research study but i'm not too sure any changes to it cos i got this info a year ago. And to go through PGS need to meet certain criteria, or fall into one of the three categories:
: Age 35-44 at the start of the IVF cycle
: Have had 2 or not unsuccessful embryos transfers, age 21-44 at the start of IVF cycle
: Have had 2 or more confirmed miscarriage, age 21-44 at the start of IVF cycle

So when they offer me this PGS research. The nurse told us, this is a 50% 50% chances. I might not even have enough embryos to go through the day 5 stages for PGS testing, so I was told by them if i don't have enough embryo to pass through Day 5 stage, embryologist will decide to transfer back early without doing any testing. Or the embryo might not survive through the PGS testing.

And the other concern was the cost for this PGS, I was being told that if the embryo able to go for PGS testing, irregarrdles whether the embryo is able or not able to survive before the transfer. I have to pay $6k in cash. ( Depend how many embryos u have also)

Actually we did asked KKH about this testing before but by then was told that Singapore doesn't have this testing. So when Prof Wong in NUH mentioned about this PGS testing i was quite surprised. I think it was just launched 1 or 2 years ago. N the nurse told me now only NUH, KKH n SGH had this testing and was told that Prof Wong is the head for this programme for these 3 hospitals.

But I didn't go for PGS as i only left one n only precious embryo. Don't want to give up my last chance for ET. :)

Hi
Actually singapore did have PGS but I think started not long ago only and I think still under research study but i'm not too sure any changes to it cos i got this info a year ago. And to go through PGS need to meet certain criteria, or fall into one of the three categories:
: Have had 2 or not unsuccessful embryos transfers, age 21-44 at the start of IVF cycle

So when they offer me this PGS research. The nurse told us, this is a 50% 50% chances. I might not even have enough embryos to go through the day 5 stages for PGS testing, so I was told by them if i don't have enough embryo to pass through Day 5 stage, embryologist will decide to transfer back early without doing any testing. Or the embryo might not survive through the PGS testing.

And the other concern was the cost for this PGS, I was being told that if the embryo able to go for PGS testing, irregarrdles whether the embryo is able or not able to survive before the transfer. I have to pay $6k in cash. ( Depend how many embryos u have also)

Actually we did asked KKH about this testing before but by then was told that Singapore doesn't have this testing. So when Prof Wong in NUH mentioned about this PGS testing i was quite surprised. I think it was just launched 1 or 2 years ago. N the nurse told me now only NUH, KKH n SGH had this testing and was told that Prof Wong is the head for this programme for these 3 hospitals.

But I didn't go for PGS as i only left one n only precious embryo. Don't want to give up my last chance for ET. :)
Yea PGS is a pretty new thing.. About 5 years or so but it is 90% accurate in detecting aneuploidy. In the US.. It is open to anyone as long as you are willing to pay - they count by per embryo or you can buy a package; approximately $200-400 USD per embryo depending on how many you send in. If you want insurance to cover the cost, almost the same requirements as above - 2 miscarriages or more. And yep, because they biopsy a few cells of the day 5/6/7 embryo so embryos that are not “strong” will not make it. Fortunately all 5 of mine did not have any issues after biopsy.. Now I’m just anxiously waiting for the results. I chose to do it because 50% of a woman’s eggs are aneuploid in nature and it gets higher with age. I’m 32 but I see some of my friends around this age also facing miscarriage too (not due to accident) so I decided to go for it.

Reactions: Cmf
Hi there! Am with SGH for my 2 rounds of ivf and my dr suggested PGS after I have failed my 1st ivf cycle even with good quality embryos. The cost is abt 5k but I didn't take it up.

Hi all, asking for a friend here. Anyone can share the list of hospitals and clinics offering fresh transfer? Thank you.
SGH offers fresh transfer but Dr needs to check yr hormone level after all the injections first before allowing for fresh transfer. It must be within the acceptable range.

Hello all, I have 2 bottles of Blue Stork Men Fertility (unopened) and 2 boxes of Revosit (for egg quality), they are all in sachets. If interested, please PM me. I am not selling it and giving it away but you would have to pay for the postage to Singapore.

A little bit of a history, my husband used to take this but he has weak digestion so I had to switch to liquid. I matched his new supplements to Blue Stork. This is the #1 choice for men’s fertility and each bottle costs $35.99 USD on Amazon. Revosit was purchased in Singapore at $50 per box. I used Revosit a week before stimulation started and during my stimulation - I’m unsure if it helped me.. I take prenatal and prenatal omega too. My doctor focused on quality over quantity and triggered me when they scanned 7 potential follicles. 9 were retrieved but 3 were not matured (didn’t reach optimal size yet). All my 6 eggs were 100% fertilized (typically only 50-75%).. All 6 also survived to day 5 which is pretty amazing since 50-80% typically die on day 3. I ended up with 4 grade AA blastocysts and 1 grade BB blastocyst as 1 blastocyst simply stopped growing after day 5. Therefore, my total blastocyst survival rate stands at 83% (usually it’s about 20-50%).

My Infertility Journey documented here: http://eggsofrainbow.wordpress.com

Last edited:
Hi

Yes u r right .. only NUH offers it but more like a trial where they will take the data for research etc.. but private clinics which I go to all don’t have this option unfortunately.. hopefully the government will review this.

Hi there! Am with SGH for my 2 rounds of ivf and my dr suggested PGS after I have failed my 1st ivf cycle even with good quality embryos. The cost is abt 5k but I didn't take it up.
Oh Sorry I didn’t know sgh now offers it! That’s v good then.. it’s like a step ahead now for ivf here!

We just received a call from NUH. They booked for us an appointment on December 22nd for consultation. That is quite crazy for 1 month of waiting just for consultation.

Here is the problem: dr Stephen gave us a list of medication to start once we talk to CHR nurses. The brochure says we should start them on 18th of the period cycle. But December 22nd will be my 22nd day for the next cycle already.

Anyone else having the extremely long waiting time for the first consultation with CHR nurse? Do you have to take medication starting from day 18 of the previous period? What would be the problem if starting late? What should we do?

pls help!

Last edited:
Hello all, I have 2 bottles of Blue Stork Men Fertility (unopened) and 2 boxes of Revosit (for egg quality), they are all in sachets. If interested, please PM me. I am not selling it and giving it away but you would have to pay for the postage to Singapore.

A little bit of a history, my husband used to take this but he has weak digestion so I had to switch to liquid. I matched his new supplements to Blue Stork. This is the #1 choice for men’s fertility and each bottle costs $35.99 USD on Amazon. Revosit was purchased in Singapore at $50 per box. I used Revosit a week before stimulation started and during my stimulation - I’m unsure if it helped me but I have 4 grade AA blastocysts and 1 grade BB blastocyst. All my 6 eggs were 100% fertilized. My doctor focused on quality over quantity and triggered me when they scanned 7 potential follicles. 9 were retrieved but 3 were not matured (didn’t reach optimal size yet).

My Infertility Journey documented here: http://eggsofrainbow.wordpress.com
Your results of your blasts are really good..I think your protocol and clinic must be v experienced and advanced. I heard and read that US is at the forefront of ivf.. you are lucky to be able to do it over there. wishing you all the best in your transfer!! Positive and sticky vibes to you babe!

We just received a call from NUH. They booked for us an appointment on December 22nd for consultation. That is quite crazy for 1 month of waiting just for consultation.

Here is the problem: dr Stephen gave us a list of medication to start once we talk to CHR nurses. The brochure says we should start them on 18th of the period cycle. But December 22nd will be my 25th day for the next cycle already.

Anyone else having the extremely long waiting time for the first consultation with CHR nurse? Do you have to take medication starting from day 18 of the previous period? What would be the problem if starting late? What should we do?

pls help!
Then you will just need to wait for your next cycle.. He gave medication or vitamins? I don’t think you will get any ivf medication until all the bloodwork is done. Therefore there isn’t really a starting late or early.. Moreover, after your first consultation, you will have a series of tests to do.

I rmbed when I had my first appt, I was on my 2nd day of period. So I had to wait till my next period that took like 40 days (I’m irregular).. and then do the blood tests on day 2 of menses... Only after that I had my first scan with the doctor... After the scan....i was put on bcp to time it.. medication started with overlap of last 4 days bcp.

You can take this time to prep your body, start on your vitamins. Having good eggs and sperm starts from before stimulation.

You can read about my journey here: http://eggsofrainbow.wordpress.com (I have a food menu there that’s designed in collaboration with my nutritionist based on food I eat).

T
Yes u r right .. only NUH offers it but more like a trial where they will take the data for research etc.. but private clinics which I go to all don’t have this option unfortunately.. hopefully the government will review this.
The government will really need to review this in order to prevent more ivf failures.. I have quite a number of friends and colleagues in the United States who have healthy live births only after they did PGT-A/PGS. But that’s at the expense of 1-2 miscarriages

Will genetic screening helps to overcome implantation failures? I just failed my 4th FET. Among 4, all bfn, except one with chemical pregnancy. All of my embryos r quite good blastocysts. I only left with another 2 to go.
My most recent one is my first attempt on natural FET, I quite like the overall experience as I do not suffer from d side effects of progynova n phobia of inserting estrofen. Lining seems to respond better too. This time round, I transferred 2 day 6 blastocysts. My ovulation should b day 14 based on blood test, n the transfer is on day 21. Crinone gel started on day 16 onwards. But I m reading normally, ET is 5 or 6d after ovulation. So wondering if I missed the optimal window this time. And another qns, I m now left with one day 5 n one day 6 blastocysts. Can transfer both d5 n d6 blastocysts at once ?

Will genetic screening helps to overcome implantation failures? I just failed my 4th FET. Among 4, all bfn, except one with chemical pregnancy. All of my embryos r quite good blastocysts. I only left with another 2 to go.
My most recent one is my first attempt on natural FET, I quite like the overall experience as I do not suffer from d side effects of progynova n phobia of inserting estrofen. Lining seems to respond better too. This time round, I transferred 2 day 6 blastocysts. My ovulation should b day 14 based on blood test, n the transfer is on day 21. Crinone gel started on day 16 onwards. But I m reading normally, ET is 5 or 6d after ovulation. So wondering if I missed the optimal window this time. And another qns, I m now left with one day 5 n one day 6 blastocysts. Can transfer both d5 n d6 blastocysts at once ?
Most of the time when IVF fails (failure to implant or miscarriage not due to accident), it is usually due to aneuploidy (only can be tested via PGT-A/PGS). A grade AA blastocyst can also be aneuploid. Statistically, 50% of the woman’s eggs in her life time are aneuploid (gets higher with age). Of course, this is when the woman is also absent of endometrium issues (needs to be at least 8mm) and other health issues.

The grading of the blastocyst is only related to the inner cell mess and the trophectoderm, nothing to do with chromosomes.

Then you will just need to wait for your next cycle.. He gave medication or vitamins? I don’t think you will get any ivf medication until all the bloodwork is done. Therefore there isn’t really a starting late or early.. Moreover, after your first consultation, you will have a series of tests to do.

I rmbed when I had my first appt, I was on my 2nd day of period. So I had to wait till my next period that took like 40 days (I’m irregular).. and then do the blood tests on day 2 of menses... Only after that I had my first scan with the doctor... After the scan....i was put on bcp to time it.. medication started with overlap of last 4 days bcp.

You can take this time to prep your body, start on your vitamins. Having good eggs and sperm starts from before stimulation.

You can read about my journey here: http://eggsofrainbow.wordpress.com (I have a food menu there that’s designed in collaboration with my nutritionist based on food I eat).
Dr Chew gave us a prescription that includes Norethisterone and Andriol and told us to buy it once we consult with CHR nurses.
What we don't understand is whether we will start the scan/injection right after the consultation (which is January) or we will have to wait until Feb 2021?

Hi all, Happy New Year 2020!
I would like your opinions on iui/ivf.
I have pcos and was put on clomid for several rounds (unsuccessful for all). I just did the HSG test and my tubes are clear. I am below 30 years old and am really inclined to try iui first (age factor, etc). But my hubs suggested going for ivf straightaway.

I’ll seek advice from my gynae on my next appt, but would really like to hear other input as well. Should i try iui first or go straight to ivf? Thanks in advance!
Hello dear,
I have pcos as well and I am below 30 too!and Ive been TTC for 3 years. I tried SO-IUI twice and both unsuccesful. And now the doc straightaway put me for IVF. Currently, im on day 3 of self injection..while waiting for my egg retrieval, which will be on 2nd of dec 2020, I will try my best to lose weight as I heard it helps.

Wishing you all the best and baby dust to us all❤️

Hello dear,
I have pcos as well and I am below 30 too!and Ive been TTC for 3 years. I tried SO-IUI twice and both unsuccesful. And now the doc straightaway put me for IVF. Currently, im on day 3 of self injection..while waiting for my egg retrieval, which will be on 2nd of dec 2020, I will try my best to lose weight as I heard it helps.

Wishing you all the best and baby dust to us all❤
I had PCOS previously too but I got rid of it prior to IVF (lifestyle changes and getting rid of toxins). I don’t think you can lose weight in just a few days, the most important thing now will be to ensure you get all the right nutrients for your eggs (nutritious food, prenatal etc etc). Good luck.

Reactions: fyz
@najnaj I have 2 posts on PGT and aneuploidy just in case you wanted to read more. From the posts above, PGT-A is still very limited in Singapore (and expensive) therefore do talk to your doctor on options.

I had PCOS previously too but I got rid of it prior to IVF (lifestyle changes and getting rid of toxins). I don’t think you can lose weight in just a few days, the most important thing now will be to ensure you get all the right nutrients for your eggs (nutritious food, prenatal etc etc). Good luck.

Thanks Zerelda!
I was wondering if taking Profertil Women helps with IVF? Im taking folic acid and fish oil as of now. Trying to eat healthy heheh as Im a sucker for spicy food. Btw are you undergg IVF? And do you have any idea how to improve my egg quality?

@najnaj I have 2 posts on PGT and aneuploidy just in case you wanted to read more. From the posts above, PGT-A is still very limited in Singapore (and expensive) therefore do talk to your doctor on options.

Read alittle of your blog. tomorrow (23rd) is your BT? All the best!

Your results of your blasts are really good..I think your protocol and clinic must be v experienced and advanced. I heard and read that US is at the forefront of ivf.. you are lucky to be able to do it over there. wishing you all the best in your transfer!! Positive and sticky vibes to you babe!
I’m still waiting for the PGT-A results, I’m hoping the fresh transfer I did was a euploid blast, we didn’t want to wait and went ahead with the best looking blast (partially hatched). However, best looking might not mean Euploid. My doctor didn’t recommend for me to do PGT-A but I wanted to do it cuz of 2 friends’ exp. However, this is only 1 part of the equation to try and get things right.

Implantation and uterine receptivity are still huge questions in science, hopefully I’ve some luck for my blast to stick . But I’ve been having zero symptoms and don’t feel anything which is making me feel extremely anxious today. No cramps, no spotting, no more painful/sensitive boobs, don’t even feel tired/fatigue, not nauseous...

Last edited:
I’m actually doing the most common protocol in the US as my blood work and health checks didn’t detect any anomalies except longer luteal phases where bcp is used to control/time. On the other hand, it turns out that it could possibly be a male factor since my husband’s sperms has a huge variance. It is called the antagonist protocol that uses lupron (10 units before fsh and lh introduced, thereafter 5 units), gonal-f (300iu) and menopur (150iu). My clinic does have some pretty decent track record that’s slightly higher so hopefully my dream will finally come through

Dr Chew gave us a prescription that includes Norethisterone and Andriol and told us to buy it once we consult with CHR nurses.
What we don't understand is whether we will start the scan/injection right after the consultation (which is January) or we will have to wait until Feb 2021?
Usually need to wait.. stimulation will only start when your progesterone and estrogen levels are both low, usually start stimulation day 2-4 of your cycle.. but prior to starting stims, will start you on an injection to prevent premature ovulation (I was using lupron; other drugs used are oruglutan and ganirelix)

Hi @Zerelda ,
Thanks for sharing. I didn't know the exact difference of different kind of screening. These r only available in gov hosp right? Sg private still don't allow this right? I m currently with nuh.

I’m actually doing the most common protocol in the US as my blood work and health checks didn’t detect any anomalies except longer luteal phases where bcp is used to control/time. On the other hand, it turns out that it could possibly be a male factor since my husband’s sperms has a huge variance. It is called the antagonist protocol that uses lupron (10 units before fsh and lh introduced, thereafter 5 units), gonal-f (300iu) and menopur (150iu). My clinic does have some pretty decent track record that’s slightly higher so hopefully my dream will finally come through
Yes I read abt this protocol that is commonly used in the states. Not sure why sg doesn’t follow it..

T
Yes I read abt this protocol that is commonly used in the states. Not sure why sg doesn’t follow it..
There are actually a few more other protocols that I see in my book but they determine which protocol to use from bloodwork. I think Singapore does differently in many things because most of the doctors are locally trained under different regimes and Singapore leads its own research function. Also Singapore probably has a smaller ivf group to conduct any studies when compared to the US (over 200k ivf procedures annually).

Hi @Zerelda ,
Thanks for sharing. I didn't know the exact difference of different kind of screening. These r only available in gov hosp right? Sg private still don't allow this right? I m currently with nuh.
I heard it is available at sgh NUH and kk but it is in the research stage and not cheap.

Hi Ladies,
This is not my very 1st post already. But I just want to share for those might be going through the same journey as me.
Let get started, I'm have gone through the same as most ladies out there, went through rounds of iuis, IVFs, FETs.

Last year this period November, I went through my 3rd rounds of ivf at NUH. Again, During the scanning, only few follicles detected. N I'm rather disappointed as i was told about 4 follicles only, getting lesser n lesser each time. ER that day was told that they have retrieved 7 eggs, more than we expected so we r happy. But happiness don't last long, next day received call from embryologist. Out of 7 eggs, only 2 are matured. N only 1 is fertilised, suddenly feel like lightning strike on me. So the next few days feel like a nightmare for us, praying hard my 1 and only embryo survive. Especially during the 3rd day fall on sat, we waited almost the whole day for the embryologist to call, finally about 3 plus they called n told us ours is a good quality 8 cell embryo n they will proceed to freeze. God bless, my one n only embryo survive.

The next appt Prof Wong asked us when we want to proceed for our FET, I told him I wanted to rest about 2 to 3 months later then proceed for FET. Who knows, the following month after my ER I was pregnant naturally but ended up miscarriage at week 10.

N few weeks ago I finally went through my 2nd FET with my only 3rd day embryo, I didn't pin much hope as mine is not a blastocyst. So my BT result out, is a positive but when I saw the hcg result was quite disappointed. So when Prof Wong congrats us, I told him I saw my hcg level quite low, I told Prof it will be a chemical Pregancy again right. Prof Wong give me a stern look n said who told u that, n give me lots of encouragement, as long as my hcg went up, we don't give up hope, which boost my confidence. N today i went for my 2nd blood test, my hcg is doubling up, n is officially BFP! Even though is still a long journey till the day we hold the little one in our arm. Then we can successfully tell ourselves we made it.

I just want to tell ladies out there that are same as me, even if we don't have lots of embryo or blastocyst, there are hope to see positive too. JIA YOU!

Baby dust to all

Last edited:

I've just recently finished my ivf cycle and i did antagonist protocol with a private clinic in SG and the medication prescribed for my cycle is altogether different from @Zerelda except for Gonal F 300IU. I believe in SG, dr(s) will prescribe the protocol best suited for you taking your fertility history, age & bloodworks into consideration, plus every Dr has got their own style and methodical approach in each cycle as every patient is different, it's not like a one size fits all method. For my next cycle Mini IVF was proposed by my dr.

I've just recently finished my ivf cycle and i did antagonist protocol with a private clinic in SG and the medication prescribed for my cycle is altogether different from @Zerelda except for Gonal F 300IU. I believe in SG, dr(s) will prescribe the protocol best suited for you taking your fertility history, age & bloodworks into consideration, plus every Dr has got their own style and methodical approach in each cycle as every patient is different, it's not like a one size fits all method. For my next cycle Mini IVF was proposed by my dr.
I was also on the same antagonist protocol with a private clinic in SG - medication is almost the same as @Zerelda - Lupron (10 units), Puregon (150iu), Menopur (150iu), Ovidrel trigger (500iu). From what I understand, the "default" nowadays in SG is to use the short or agonist protocol as the long protocol has higher risk of OHSS with the use of the HCG trigger.

From my conversations with friends who have gone through the process in both government and private clinics, each clinic tends to have their preferred methodology, e.g. frozen vs. fresh, 5-day vs. 3-day, long vs. short protocol, and sometimes can change according to the latest research in the industry. I think the most important thing is a doctor who is able to change course according to bloodwork and follicle monitoring, everything else is probably a judgment call.

Last edited:
I was also on the same antagonist protocol with a private clinic in SG - medication is almost the same as @Zerelda - Lupron (10 units), Puregon (150iu), Menopur (150iu), Ovidrel trigger (500iu). From what I understand, the "default" nowadays in SG is to use the short or agonist protocol as the long protocol has higher risk of OHSS with the use of the HCG trigger.

From my conversations with friends who have gone through the process in both government and private clinics, each clinic tends to have their preferred methodology, e.g. frozen vs. fresh, 5-day vs. 3-day, long vs. short protocol, and sometimes can change according to the latest research in the industry. I think the most important thing is a doctor who is able to change course according to bloodwork and follicle monitoring, everything else is probably a judgment call.
Hi dears.. Im thinking of switching from govt hospital to private for my 2nd cycle. But I wonder of the stimm jabs will be the same as govt? anyone who has done at private hospitals willing to share their experiences and the costing as well. how much cash to fork out roughly. I have no idea where to start looking.

Any good doctors to recommend for my 2nd cycle. My 1st mana
Hi dear! I had a different medications given for both cycle

Cycle #1 - IVF ICSI Failed
Stim duration - (13th - 23th April 2020)
Gonal F 175iu
Orgalutran 0.25ml
Ovidrel 250mcg (Trigger Shot)

Cycle #2 - IVF ICSI Success
Stim duration - (17th - 30th Sept 2020)

Gonal F 150iu
Menopur 75iu
Orgalutran 0.25ml
Ovidrel 250mcg (Trigger Shot)
Congratulations babe! Who was your Doc?

Here is the problem: dr Stephen gave us a list of medication to start once we talk to CHR nurses. The brochure says we should start them on 18th of the period cycle. But December 22nd will be my 22nd day for the next cycle already.

pls help!

Hi, I also just saw Dr. Chew yesterday at my first time after a series of check-up. Also waited almost 2 months during the period..Long long time. Now I was required to take CoQ10 or Ubiquinol and inform the CHR nurse on the first day of my next menses. Very excited to meet someone share the same time with the same doc.

There are a few other combo that goes with Gonal f. Yea private clinics do more customization versus public hospitals. It is important for doctors to send you for essential bloodwork to make the determinations as not one size fit all.

Y
Hi, I also just saw Dr. Chew yesterday at my first time after a series of check-up. Also waited almost 2 months during the period..Long long time. Now I was required to take CoQ10 or Ubiquinol and inform the CHR nurse on the first day of my next menses. Very excited to meet someone share the same time with the same doc.
Yeps COQ10 is very impt.. Ubiquinol is the more active function and easier to absorb. It is pretty much linked to the quality of the eggs. This is something I totally missed out despite doing so much research. Gotta take at least 3 months to actually see the effect as our eggs most important growth phase is at the 90 days period..

Attachments

• 7BE7C451-9D79-4EAC-8942-2BC44C6712AA.jpeg
    7BE7C451-9D79-4EAC-8942-2BC44C6712AA.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 224

Yeps! I asked abt the different protocols and you are right.. long protocol produces more eggs but at the risk of OHSS. However, older women produce lesser eggs so that’s why sometimes long is used.. Again, depending on your AMH bloodwork on ovarian reserve. Puregon is not used in the US (used in UK).. I actually used Puregon for IUI in SG and it was unsuitable for me so I highlighted it to my doctor in the US.. it made my face really dry and flaky (causing breakouts), constant throbbing headaches that made me take paracetamol a few times a day. I actually had to take a few months of break due to the effects of puregon on me, literally made my hormones go haywire. I know SG use puregon cuz it’s cheaper.... Gonal-f is the most expensive and I think only private clinics in SG use it..

Thanks Zerelda!
I was wondering if taking Profertil Women helps with IVF? Im taking folic acid and fish oil as of now. Trying to eat healthy heheh as Im a sucker for spicy food. Btw are you undergg IVF? And do you have any idea how to improve my egg quality?
Will pm you.

I had my FET review on CD 8. Biggest follicle at 10-11mm and lining only at 2.6mm. Doctor shared that its common for lining to be thin given the follicle is small now. Wondering if anyone had the same encounter. 2.6mm seems so thin for day 8 :(

Hi!
New to the forum. How to improve egg quality. Failed 1st IVF. No embryos survived in 5 days after egg retrieval.

Hi!
New to the forum. How to improve egg quality. Failed 1st IVF. No embryos survived in 5 days after egg retrieval.
You may wish to read up the book ‘It starts with the egg’ for more insights. Generally you can do a few things like starting with lifestyle and diet changes e.g. going for whole food, reduced processed food, reducing sugar intake, eating organic food, reduce iced and cold drinks, eat foods that strengthen the womb and blood; do regular exercise that helps relieve stress. Take ubiquinol (coq10), vit D and a prenatal multi vit may help too. See a tcm physician if you believe in chinese medicine.

get your husband to change his diet/lifestyle too. Ultimately both the sperm And egg plays a part in giving a good embryo that will survive,implant and grow well :)

Just keep trying and don’t give up. I also had no embryos that made it to day 5 on my first ivf. In fact, out of 30+ eggs, I only had 4 embryos to freeze and 2 did not survive thawing leaving only 2 for frozen transfer. Changed out my diet and lifestyle with consistent effort and had 11 embryos for my second ivf, had a chemical pregnancy for fresh transfer, 5 made it to d5 with two transferred during frozen transfer, giving me a pair of twins. Still have 4 d2 embryos in the freezer. So improvement is possible :)

Last edited:
I had my FET review on CD 8. Biggest follicle at 10-11mm and lining only at 2.6mm. Doctor shared that its common for lining to be thin given the follicle is small now. Wondering if anyone had the same encounter. 2.6mm seems so thin for day 8 :(

I also went for my review today and same as you 10-11mm after 8 days :( Anyone have any advise on how to improve results with diet or anything?

I also went for my review today and same as you 10-11mm after 8 days :( Anyone have any advise on how to improve results with diet or anything?

Hi! Are u on fresh or frozen cycle? If you are on fresh cycle, it’s ok if the follicle are growing slow, the best is that they are growing at a size not too different from each other. If you are on frozen, I think it is ok as long as your follicle grow proportionately with your lining growth. :)

Dear all - I have started my 1st cycle under Dr Fong Yang on 13 November 2020. Done my egg retrieval surgery yesterday and there were 38 eggs collected. I was told today that 35 of them were mature eggs and 28 eggs were successfully fertilized. I will be further informed of the progress on Day 3 and Day 5.

I also changed my lifestyle before the IVF cycle i.e. by eating more Mediterranean food. I have been taking COQ10, Swisse Prenatal Vitamins, Omega 3 Fish Oil. I also started taking smoothies (like Organic Kale, avocado, berries plus AMWAY protein powder) from the beginning of the IVF cycle. My husband was the one who jabbed me and prepared me food. Spousal support is really very important.

I am waiting for my transfer in January 2021 as I was told that I need to clear the hormones in my body and clear 1 round of menstrual cycle before the transfer.

Really hope the freezing and thawing wont kill my embryos.

Back