Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

My 1st and 2nd IVF, both fresh cycle i got 20 day HL.
Oh okay, my 1st one was a fresh one and I got 20 days HL. Went for blood test today and was negative. :( Dr told to rest this month.. And advised to do a embryo transfer in November since I have frozen ones. So wondering if there will be any MC given..

My 1st and 2nd IVF, both fresh cycle i got 20 day HL.
Hi dear, can I check if you told your boss and colleagues about the TTC process when you took the HL? Or did you explain it at all? Was wondering how much to say and how to say... Quite private information but at the same time the colleagues will probably be curious or will ask what happened? Thanks :)

Hi dear, can I check if you told your boss and colleagues about the TTC process when you took the HL? Or did you explain it at all? Was wondering how much to say and how to say... Quite private information but at the same time the colleagues will probably be curious or will ask what happened? Thanks :)
Im a Nurse working in a private sector. We are very small. 1 Dr & 4 nurse including me. My colleague n Dr knew I'm going for it. Even my manager went for IVF before so she understands well what im going thru. U can basically just tell them that u are going for a gynae procedure and requires a long rest. :)

Last edited:
Hellos! Just to share for my case too.. its my first cycle so I didn't say its for IVF, just told my boss medical condition and required minor surgery. Depending on my the outcome for my first transfer, if it didn't go well and I have to take long HL again then I will share the actual reason w my boss but will ask him to keep it p&c.

For my out of office I just put on leave instead of on hl.

Hellos! Just to share for my case too.. its my first cycle so I didn't say its for IVF, just told my boss medical condition and required minor surgery. Depending on my the outcome for my first transfer, if it didn't go well and I have to take long HL again then I will share the actual reason w my boss but will ask him to keep it p&c.

For my out of office I just put on leave instead of on hl.
Yeah! That's good too! We have the right to have it P&C.. now due to PDPA, even on MC should not indicate Diagnosis.. hehe..

Hello!! Im starting my IVF stims today! So far given 5 days of stims (gonal F and Pergoveris) and 1 day of cetrotide. Day 7 will go back to doctor for scan before deciding next steps. Wish me luck!!!

I'm going to document my IVF journey on IG story @Cradleofallies, follow if interested!

So happy for u!! i did a the scan yesterday and found a clear cyst and estrogen was high. Need to wait for next cycle :( :(

SGH —> CARE
NUH —> CHR
KKH —> KKIVF

You’re with Dr SF Loh? Did you do day 2 or day 3 transfer? I did consider him last time but he seems to be against blastocyst transfer unless you do pgd with him.
Dr Loh SF is now in Thomson Fertility Centre at paragon. I went private instead of govt. did fresh transfer on day 2 as advised by doc. My pregnancy blood test is next tue! Baby dust!!

I’ll be starting my first ivf cycle in November... can I know if the medication (injections) have to be refrigerated? Because We have no intention to let our family members know we are going through this procedure....

Yes the medication needs to be refrigerated but not the needles. What I did was to put them in an opaque food container and labelled my name so nobody will open it. Hope it helps!

I’ll be starting my first ivf cycle in November... can I know if the medication (injections) have to be refrigerated? Because We have no intention to let our family members know we are going through this procedure....
Hi dear! May it be a smooth process for u!
Most drugs u can keep in the fridge.
Ganirelix or orgalutran can be kept in room temp.
I put them in a cold bag bought from daiso.
The small ones for water bottle and kept them all in with the needles as well.. u can take them needles out if u wanna save space. :)

Hi all, just done my 2nd cycle fet day 5 on 15 oct partially re-Expanded blastocyst.. Today is 4 days post transfer.. No cramping systom at all. Previously success on fet 1st cycle but unfortunately miscarriage at week 8.. Anyone succeed with positive pregnancy without symptoms?

Hi guys. Anyone took HPT and gets a negerive result a day before BT? *nervous*
It’s our first time with IVF. ET on 5th Oct with 2 fresh ocytees with Grade1 (ER, 7 ocytees but only 4 were good. 3 were successfully fertilised. Though in the end, 2 were Grade1 and 1 were Grade3. (Doctor suggested that Grade3 ocytee can’t be freeze). 9th day post ET had minimal brown discharge that lasted for 1.5days. Had cramping (rumbling ones just like period cramps), slight nausea, slight headaches, abit bloated and lots of gas. BT is tomorrow but took HPT today morning and it’s BFN. Anyone experience this before? BFN from HPT and BFP the next day for BT? *bit disappointed with the HPT today though trying to smile in front of husband*

Last edited:
It’s our first time with IVF. ET on 5th Oct with 2 fresh ocytees with Grade1 (ER, 7 ocytees but only 4 were good one and 3 successfully fertilised. 2 Grade1 and 1 Grade3. Doctor suggest Grade3 ocytee cannot be freeze). 9 day post ET had minimal brown discharge that lasted for 1.5days. Had cramping (rumbling ones just like period cramps), slight nausea, slight headaches, abit bloated and lots of gas. BT is tomorrow but took HPT today morning and it’s BFN. Anyone experience this before? BFN from HPT and BFP the next day for BT? *bit disappointed with the HPT today though trying to smile in front of husband*
What brand of hpt did you use?

It’s our first time with IVF. ET on 5th Oct with 2 fresh ocytees with Grade1 (ER, 7 ocytees but only 4 were good one and 3 successfully fertilised. 2 Grade1 and 1 Grade3. Doctor suggest Grade3 ocytee cannot be freeze). 9 day post ET had minimal brown discharge that lasted for 1.5days. Had cramping (rumbling ones just like period cramps), slight nausea, slight headaches, abit bloated and lots of gas. BT is tomorrow but took HPT today morning and it’s BFN. Anyone experience this before? BFN from HPT and BFP the next day for BT? *bit disappointed with the HPT today though trying to smile in front of husband*

Hi was ur transfer done on day 5?

Use more sensitive hpt to get accurate result..

Hi all, does anyone else here observe brown discharge on the crinone gel (progesterone) tube when taking out the tube? I’m only 4dp5dt but abit worried as these “brown stains” are very visible on the tube.

Hi all, does anyone else here observe brown discharge on the crinone gel (progesterone) tube when taking out the tube? I’m only 4dp5dt but abit worried as these “brown stains” are very visible on the tube.
Hi dear.. i used to get that on my previous cycle of #1 IVF.. sometime its black lump that comes out.. its just blood stains.. as for this cycle #2, i didnt experience any of such.. one of the reason is, i constantly walk after the insertion of the crinone gel. Doing so, its being absorb by the vaginal walls and only a small amt left unabsorbed. :)

Last edited:
Not all HPT is sensitive ? I think I’ll wait for tomorrow to take BT straight. *losing hope already*
There are different types dear.. there are 6miu, 10miu, 20miu,25miu sensitivity..

The one sold in KKH shop is a 6miu if im not mistaken.. i have a few different types of sensitivity.. But cheaper online! You can store alot at your cabinet if you are a POAS addict like me.. lol!!!

✓ My Favourite Choice

Fairhaven BFP - 20miu

Point Of Care - 10miu

HCG Cassette - 10miu

Clear & Simple - 20miu

First Response - 6miu

Clearblue Digital - 25miu

Guardian/Watsons - 25miu

I have tried all of them before.. difference darkness shown. If its too early in pregnancy, those 20miu n above wont capture it.. hope this helps!

Last edited:
Oh okay, my 1st one was a fresh one and I got 20 days HL. Went for blood test today and was negative. :( Dr told to rest this month.. And advised to do a embryo transfer in November since I have frozen ones. So wondering if there will be any MC given..
*Hugs* its alright dear!! Don't give up alright? Its a good chance to prep your body for the lil one to stay in.. its frustrating and upsetting, yes i agreed when i received a BFN on my 1st cycle. But take it positively that the next cycle will be better for u and the lil one.. will be in my prayers!!

*Hugs* it's alright dear!! Don't give up, alright? Its a good chance to prep your body for the lil one to stay in.. its frustrating and upsetting, yes i agreed when i received a BFN on my 1st cycle. But take it positively that the next cycle will be better for u and the lil one.. will be in my prayers!!
Hi Azasha,
Hope you can share on how you prepare your body for the second IVF? I mean especially in terms of supplements, lifestyle /exercise, break between two cycles? I am 40years old and have been on roller coaster ride for 12 years of unsuccessful fertility journey - one natural pregnancy and D&C at 6 weeks, several cycles of clomid, HSG, IUI, laparoscopy, 2 failed fresh IVF transfer, and 1 failed FET with blastocysts.

Hi Azasha,
Hope you can share on how you prepare your body for the second IVF? I mean especially in terms of supplements, lifestyle /exercise, break between two cycles? I am 40years old and have been on roller coaster ride for 12 years of unsuccessful fertility journey - one natural pregnancy and D&C at 6 weeks, several cycles of clomid, HSG, IUI, laparoscopy, 2 failed fresh IVF transfer, and 1 failed FET with blastocysts.
Hi dear, i posted this on another page. Gotten 24 eggs #2 Fresh IVF.

During my 1st fresh cycle, i didnt prep my body well for the cycle. I was given Gonal F 175 unit & Ganirelix. In a form of food diet wise, didn't pantang at all.. :p ER on CD14 gotten 17 eggs but only 2 early Blastocyst. 1 early Blastocyst transferred. Had OHSS 2nd half of HL. Period came 2 days early before blood test. I can't pee or poop well and didnt drink water much despite being advice. Badly bloated with my FBC white blood cell

So for 2nd fresh cycle, a month or 2 before the cycle, i was on Blackmore's Conceive Well Tablets for 2 months and taking Pregnancy Formula Nature One Dairy once daily. This cycle they gave me Gonal F 150 unit, Menopur 75 unit & Ganirelix (God my belly is a battlefield! :p) and even if the eggs grow slowly but consistent. I ate unsalted roasted almonds about 3 - 5 nuts daily and strictly no cold drinks eg sodas, lemon tea, cola etcs. Drink warm water & red dates. As for food, less fried food. I was on Metformin 500mg 2 times daily for my PCOS and newly diagnosed DM type 2. AMH is 9.2. insane.. lol!

Gotten 24 eggs on ER on CD17, half was IVF, half was ICSI. 9 Blastocysts grade B and 2 Blastocyst from it were the good quality fully expanded, one transfer in me & the other freezed. This cycle, even after 24 eggs taken out, i wasn't bloated badly at all.. after ER, i could walk about. Used hot rubber bag to apply on my lower abdomen and drink ALOT of water. Took Pregnancy Milk, Tofu, Egg whites, Chickens, Beancurd, Hot Soya bean drinks during my 5 days before egg transfer & continue doing it till today. I tried to avoid caffeines as much as I could. I felt great this cycle! More movements and laughs.. Folic Acid is a staple and currently on Crinone gel 2 times a day.

As for OHSS, even during your stim routine, drink lots of water. Warm water. Don't keep your pee too long coz it might cause u unable to pee as the ovaries are swelling even before ER. I tend to keep my pee longer in #1 cycle, that was very bad.. now, everytime i felt like peeing, i just go. Even if it was 1hr ago, just let it out. Same goes to pooping.. i tried not to take any medications or supplements post ET. Just Folic Acid & Pregnancy Milk.. just to provide additional nutrition to that lil bean if everything goes well.. also, a great tip i got, 2 nights before your ET, warm ur womb with those rubber hot bag before sleeping. Helps with circulations & keeping it warm. Wear socks when in cold rooms.. :)

So yeah, usually 1st cycle is like a trial for us and the Dr, to know how much is much for us to respond to the fertility drugs.. 2nd cycles are usually better. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201013-095409.jpg
    Screenshot_20201013-095409.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 150
stay strong babe.. you’ve always been the greatest support for us!
I hope you are feeling better now. There is nothing we can do. Keep your mind strong and pray for the best ahead of us. I conceived naturally beginning of this year. Fetus's heartbeat stopped and I was supposed to be 10 weeks. Went for 2nd opinion, confirmed then no heart beat detected. So, at week 12, I had to do D&C (Dilation and curettage (D&C) is a procedure to remove tissue from inside your uterus) during March. Now still no news in conceiving naturally and decided to do ivf with THH. I just retrieved 23 follicles and only 20 can be used. Nurse just called me and told me that 11 are fertilised. Waiting for next month to do transfer.

Hi dear, i posted this on another page. Gotten 24 eggs #2 Fresh IVF.

During my 1st fresh cycle, i didnt prep my body well for the cycle. I was given Gonal F 175 unit & Ganirelix. In a form of food diet wise, didn't pantang at all.. :p ER on CD14 gotten 17 eggs but only 2 early Blastocyst. 1 early Blastocyst transferred. Had OHSS 2nd half of HL. Period came 2 days early before blood test. I can't pee or poop well and didnt drink water much despite being advice. Badly bloated with my FBC white blood cell

So for 2nd fresh cycle, a month or 2 before the cycle, i was on Blackmore's Conceive Well Tablets for 2 months and taking Pregnancy Formula Nature One Dairy once daily. This cycle they gave me Gonal F 150 unit, Menopur 75 unit & Ganirelix (God my belly is a battlefield! :p) and even if the eggs grow slowly but consistent. I ate unsalted roasted almonds about 3 - 5 nuts daily and strictly no cold drinks eg sodas, lemon tea, cola etcs. Drink warm water & red dates. As for food, less fried food. I was on Metformin 500mg 2 times daily for my PCOS and newly diagnosed DM type 2. AMH is 9.2. insane.. lol!

Gotten 24 eggs on ER on CD17, half was IVF, half was ICSI. 9 Blastocysts grade B and 2 Blastocyst from it were the good quality fully expanded, one transfer in me & the other freezed. This cycle, even after 24 eggs taken out, i wasn't bloated badly at all.. after ER, i could walk about. Used hot rubber bag to apply on my lower abdomen and drink ALOT of water. Took Pregnancy Milk, Tofu, Egg whites, Chickens, Beancurd, Hot Soya bean drinks during my 5 days before egg transfer & continue doing it till today. I tried to avoid caffeines as much as I could. I felt great this cycle! More movements and laughs.. Folic Acid is a staple and currently on Crinone gel 2 times a day.

As for OHSS, even during your stim routine, drink lots of water. Warm water. Don't keep your pee too long coz it might cause u unable to pee as the ovaries are swelling even before ER. I tend to keep my pee longer in #1 cycle, that was very bad.. now, everytime i felt like peeing, i just go. Even if it was 1hr ago, just let it out. Same goes to pooping.. i tried not to take any medications or supplements post ET. Just Folic Acid & Pregnancy Milk.. just to provide additional nutrition to that lil bean if everything goes well.. also, a great tip i got, 2 nights before your ET, warm ur womb with those rubber hot bag before sleeping. Helps with circulations & keeping it warm. Wear socks when in cold rooms.. :)

So yeah, usually 1st cycle is like a trial for us and the Dr, to know how much is much for us to respond to the fertility drugs.. 2nd cycles are usually better. Hope this helps!
Thanks for sharing.

Is there any 35 and above doing IVF? Can share did doctor share the rate of success?
I recalled my Dr say those who are below 35 are about 40% success rate for IVF... and gets better after each cycles gone through.. so roughly above 35 might be 25%-40% if i could recall.. still depends on each couples and individual health.. Also might have other risk for foetus if above 40.. these are all just statistics.. don't take it too hard.. i was upset when i heard 40% successful rate at 31yrs old.. i was hoping for a 60%

Attachments

• IMG_20201020_174922__01.jpg
    IMG_20201020_174922__01.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 189
Hi i just did my egg retrieval yesterday, manage to get 12 and today they called to inform 12 eggs matured and fertilised. Any tips how to prepare next for the fresh transfer

Hi i just did my egg retrieval yesterday, manage to get 12 and today they called to inform 12 eggs matured and fertilised. Any tips how to prepare next for the fresh transfer
Start drinking Pregnancy Formula Milk and warm ur wombs 2 days before the ET. Drink alot of warm water n eat egg whites n protein. I posted a long list here in the grp. Abt 5 post before urs.. lol..

Start drinking Pregnancy Formula Milk and warm ur wombs 2 days before the ET. Drink alot of warm water n eat egg whites n protein. I posted a long list here in the grp. Abt 5 post before urs.. lol..
Thanks, will look through and find the post

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Today just had consult with Dr at KKH, looking to start my IVF journey asap. A bit of history, last year I succeeded IUI 1st attempt at TFC, then lost it at 10weeks no heartbeat. Tried 3 more IUIs with no luck. So now onto IVF as I am 41 this year. I want to go the gov subsidy route, showed all the test done at TFC but Dr says mandatory for me at this age to do a mammogram before I can consider IVF. She did not explain how I am going to qualify for the gov subsidy though. Anyone has any insight into how the hospital determines if we qualify for it? I know the criteria, the nurse just told me to ask the counter outside but no one can give a definite answer.

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Today just had consult with Dr at KKH, looking to start my IVF journey asap. A bit of history, last year I succeeded IUI 1st attempt at TFC, then lost it at 10weeks no heartbeat. Tried 3 more IUIs with no luck. So now onto IVF as I am 41 this year. I want to go the gov subsidy route, showed all the test done at TFC but Dr says mandatory for me at this age to do a mammogram before I can consider IVF. She did not explain how I am going to qualify for the gov subsidy though. Anyone has any insight into how the hospital determines if we qualify for it? I know the criteria, the nurse just told me to ask the counter outside but no one can give a definite answer.
Hi dear!! You can get a referral from Polyclinic to assign you to KKH infertility clinic. Just consult a Dr and explain on your situation that you keen to go for IVF. Mammogram can be done in Polyclinic as well. Also just to highlight, IVF procedures, there is no Private or subsided rate. Its standard. Only after the follow up is private or subs as you are assigned to. Same goes to blood test charges, medications etcs.. i recall a friend of my was charged $115 for 1 mth supply of progesterone tablet & Folic acid while subside pays $8 only.. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Hello everyone... im new here.. turning 37 soon..
been trying ttc but no success... have booked an appt in nov at KKH... a frd recommended Dr Jerry..
thinking of doing ivf straight... any advise how to prep the body ?

Back