Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

Hi everyone, can I check if anyone is still taking supplements during IVF? I am taking Ubiquinol and Swiss pre conception multivit since the start of the year. Today is my first scan for CD 2 and started the jab. Was told to take only folic acid by the nurse. May I know if anyone still takes supplement that they were taking before IVF? Any issues?
Hi, I just started today too. I'm also taking the same 2 supp as you. I will continue to take with the folic acid.

U r doing it in govt hospitals or private? I thought govt hospital will take some time to schedule for another round of ivf.
I'm doing in KKH. Not sure about the waiting time. But I waited 3 mths bef my 1st fresh. Could be due to covid. This time doc asked am I ready to do in Oct. I dont wanna waste time so just go ahead.

I think for frozen trf maybe dont need to wait too long. I'm starting my first fet this month and doc say if not successful can do next cycle too.

Hey ladies!

Can i know how many days after Day 5 Blastocyst transfer can we check using the pregnancy kit?

Hi ladies, this is my first time doing ivf. Just did ER last month and waiting for my menses to come so I can do my FET. Just wondering those doing FET, how long does it take from menses to FET date?

Hi ladies, this is my first time doing ivf. Just did ER last month and waiting for my menses to come so I can do my FET. Just wondering those doing FET, how long does it take from menses to FET date?
I also just did my ER end of last mth. The nurse arranged for me to see doc in Nov before they schedule me for FET. I guess is abt 2 mths for SGH. U r in which hospital?

I also just did my ER end of last mth. The nurse arranged for me to see doc in Nov before they schedule me for FET. I guess is abt 2 mths for SGH. U r in which hospital?
I also did mine end of last month too! The doctor told me to contact the clinic on my next menses(2nd full flow day) I’m doing at a private clinic. Trying to find out the estimated days so I can plan my leave in advance

I also did mine end of last month too! The doctor told me to contact the clinic on my next menses(2nd full flow day) I’m doing at a private clinic. Trying to find out the estimated days so I can plan my leave in advance
Oh private clinic will be diff frm govt hospitals. My first few FETS (day 5 blastocysts) done on day 21 frm my last mens.

Can I know how you make the decision to do fresh transfer or frozen transfer?
which is better? Do we get to choose
For my case, my doc decide if I should go ahead with fresh or frozen. For my first ivf, I did fresh transfer as Dr said lining and hormone level normal to proceed. For this round (2nd round), they increased the dosage and my hormone level was high, hence Dr said will affect the success rate. He advised for me to do FET instead.

It's based on my dr 's recommendation. Dr advise that its' better for me to do frozen cycle since i might have high chance of OHSS due to the number of follicles during the stims. so decide to freeze all instead of doing fresh cycle

Based on Doctor's recommendation, I had mild ohss and polyp which I had to remove prior to transfer so all my eggs were frozen for FET.

Hihi girls, has anyone done IVF or is currently doing IVF with Dr Roland Chieng or Dr Ann Tan or Dr Tan Heng Hao? Any reviews to share? Thanks much :)

My menses came a few days ago and I was back for pre FET review this morning. So you’re in 2WW now? How’s your polyp review?
Polyp review was good, all cleared and will start my first cycle this month when my menses start. 2ww for natural lol but not pinning high hopes.

What's covered in pre FET review?

Polyp review was good, all cleared and will start my first cycle this month when my menses start. 2ww for natural lol but not pinning high hopes.

What's covered in pre FET review?

Congrats, baby dust to us.

2 visits : first for general review, ultrasound and blood test to determine we’re good to start medication, 2nd visit to review lining thickness. FET is generally scheduled on CD21 +/-.

Congrats, baby dust to us.

2 visits : first for general review, ultrasound and blood test to determine we’re good to start medication, 2nd visit to review lining thickness. FET is generally scheduled on CD21 +/-.
Yeps baby dust to us! Is this ur first cycle?

I will be going for my first appointment of the first day of heavy flow and doctor say will be non medicated cycle since I'm quite regular. Hope all goes well for us!

My husband had less than 1% morphology, and very low sperm count and motility too, so our dr sent us straight to IVF. IUI really does not help if it's a male factor issue.

So the next question is, why do you want to try IVF? Is IVF your best chance of conceiving? If it is, then why are you afraid of proceeding if that is your best chance? If it is not, then perhaps your dr can advise your most suitable alternatives.

Honestly, after having been through IVF, it really isn't as scary or tormenting as it seem to people who have not tried it. Perhaps it's your will once you embark on this journey, the will to make every attempt work, that gives you all the courage and strength. I tried for 3.5 years, been through the darkest days of my life. But IVF was my hope. The only thing was the financial strain though.

But I must add, you and your husband got to be on a team on this. You need each other's unwavering support to best survive this through! So do have a good talk with him. :)
hi! May I know who your doctor is? Cause my husband has the exact same issues and count. My first ever appointment is coming up with the doctor at KKH and I'm praying that they don't insist that we do IUI.

Yeps baby dust to us! Is this ur first cycle?

I will be going for my first appointment of the first day of heavy flow and doctor say will be non medicated cycle since I'm quite regular. Hope all goes well for us!

Thanks. Yes my first cycle. I’m on medicated because my cycle is always irregular. When is the end of your 2ww?

Thanks. Yes my first cycle. I’m on medicated because my cycle is always irregular. When is the end of your 2ww?
My menses is due next Weds, and once its here I will call kkh already. I'm already having pre mense symptoms so likely will have to start my ivf.

Problem is my pms and pregnancy symptoms very similar so I always get my hopes high and then disappointed.

hi! May I know who your doctor is? Cause my husband has the exact same issues and count. My first ever appointment is coming up with the doctor at KKH and I'm praying that they don't insist that we do IUI.
Same situation as you.. have consulted Dr Jessie Phoon from KKH and will start our first IVF cycle in November if our blood tests are ok...

I’ve an upcoming fet but my period has been delayed by a wk plus. Probably have to take the pills given by Kkh to induce period. Wondering if anyone has similar experience and if is this still a good cycle to start fet?

Hi dear, u can choose which suits to u and ur partner. IUI or IVF. I did one IUI and after that fail, i went straight for IVF. I knew that if your partner has low sperm count or issue, they will do direct extraction of sperm from the testicles under local anaesthesia. Wishing you all the best!

Hi all,

I'm currently doing IVF at NUH. Now on stimulation jabs. I might need to do Frozen Embryo transfer coz I have 20 follicles on both ovaries.

Anyone knows how long must I wait before I can proceed with FET? Must wait for two menstrual cycle is it?

Hi all,

I'm currently doing IVF at NUH. Now on stimulation jabs. I might need to do Frozen Embryo transfer coz I have 20 follicles on both ovaries.

Anyone knows how long must I wait before I can proceed with FET? Must wait for two menstrual cycle is it?
If all good next cycle can start.

Hi all! Had my ER yesterday. Dr said i was at high risk of OHSS due to 18 eggs being retrieved. I really want a fresh transfer but also scared of OHSS being triggered. Anyone here have tips on how to reduce chance of OHSS? I’m now on day 2 after ER, drinking protein whey and gatorade twice a day. Not sure what else i can take.

Hi all! Had my ER yesterday. Dr said i was at high risk of OHSS due to 18 eggs being retrieved. I really want a fresh transfer but also scared of OHSS being triggered. Anyone here have tips on how to reduce chance of OHSS? I’m now on day 2 after ER, drinking protein whey and gatorade twice a day. Not sure what else i can take.

Hi dear, i posted this on another page. Gotten 24 eggs #2 Fresh IVF.

During my 1st fresh cycle, i didnt prep my body well for the cycle. I was given Gonal F 175 unit & Ganirelix. In a form of food diet wise, didn't pantang at all.. :p ER on CD14 gotten 17 eggs but only 2 early Blastocyst. 1 early Blastocyst transferred. Had OHSS 2nd half of HL. Period came 2 days early before blood test. I can't pee or poop well and didnt drink water much despite being advice. Badly bloated with my FBC white blood cell

So for 2nd fresh cycle, a month or 2 before the cycle, i was on Blackmore's Conceive Well Tablets for 2 months and taking Pregnancy Formula Nature One Dairy once daily. This cycle they gave me Gonal F 150 unit, Menopur 75 unit & Ganirelix (God my belly is a battlefield! :p) and even if the eggs grow slowly but consistent. I ate unsalted roasted almonds about 3 - 5 nuts daily and strictly no cold drinks eg sodas, lemon tea, cola etcs. Drink warm water & red dates. As for food, less fried food. I was on Metformin 500mg 2 times daily for my PCOS and newly diagnosed DM type 2. AMH is 9.2. insane.. lol!

Gotten 24 eggs on ER on CD17, half was IVF, half was ICSI. 9 Blastocysts grade B and 2 Blastocyst from it were the good quality fully expanded, one transfer in me & the other freezed. This cycle, even after 24 eggs taken out, i wasn't bloated badly at all.. after ER, i could walk about. Used hot rubber bag to apply on my lower abdomen and drink ALOT of water. Took Pregnancy Milk, Tofu, Egg whites, Chickens, Beancurd, Hot Soya bean drinks during my 5 days before egg transfer & continue doing it till today. I tried to avoid caffeines as much as I could. I felt great this cycle! More movements and laughs.. Folic Acid is a staple and currently on Crinone gel 2 times a day.

As for OHSS, even during your stim routine, drink lots of water. Warm water. Don't keep your pee too long coz it might cause u unable to pee as the ovaries are swelling even before ER. I tend to keep my pee longer in #1 cycle, that was very bad.. now, everytime i felt like peeing, i just go. Even if it was 1hr ago, just let it out. Same goes to pooping.. i tried not to take any medications or supplements post ET. Just Folic Acid & Pregnancy Milk.. just to provide additional nutrition to that lil bean if everything goes well.. also, a great tip i got, 2 nights before your ET, warm ur womb with those rubber hot bag before sleeping. Helps with circulations & keeping it warm. Wear socks when in cold rooms.. :)

So yeah, usually 1st cycle is like a trial for us and the Dr, to know how much is much for us to respond to the fertility drugs.. 2nd cycles are usually better. Hope this helps!

Hi all did my ER yesterday. Do you all experience yellow sticky discharge when you flatulence? Not sure if it’s The medicine
Hi dear! Dr usually put in Paracetamol suppository during the egg retrival to help reduce our fever if any occurs.. it usually goes away after 2- 3 pooping session or good flatulence.. :D don't worry as long it doesn't comes from ur vagina before your Crinone gel routine. All the best!

Hi everyone, can I check if anyone is still taking supplements during IVF? I am taking Ubiquinol and Swiss pre conception multivit since the start of the year. Today is my first scan for CD 2 and started the jab. Was told to take only folic acid by the nurse. May I know if anyone still takes supplement that they were taking before IVF? Any issues?
I took Blackmore's Conceive Well Tablets. Nurse says that I could still take them until the day I get my Pregnancy confirmed. But i didnt continue after ET.. just taking pregnancy milk & folic acid.

During my 1st fresh cycle, i didnt prep my body well for the cycle. I was given Gonal F 175 unit & Ganirelix. In a form of food diet wise, didn't pantang at all.. :p ER on CD14 gotten 17 eggs but only 2 early Blastocyst. 1 early Blastocyst transferred. Had OHSS 2nd half of HL. Period came 2 days early before blood test. I can't pee or poop well and didnt drink water much despite being advice. Badly bloated with my FBC white blood cell

So for 2nd fresh cycle, a month or 2 before the cycle, i was on Blackmore's Conceive Well Tablets for 2 months and taking Pregnancy Formula Nature One Dairy once daily. This cycle they gave me Gonal F 150 unit, Menopur 75 unit & Ganirelix (God my belly is a battlefield! :p) and even if the eggs grow slowly but consistent. I ate unsalted roasted almonds about 3 - 5 nuts daily and strictly no cold drinks eg sodas, lemon tea, cola etcs. Drink warm water & red dates. As for food, less fried food. I was on Metformin 500mg 2 times daily for my PCOS and newly diagnosed DM type 2. AMH is 9.2. insane.. lol!

Gotten 24 eggs on ER on CD17, half was IVF, half was ICSI. 9 Blastocysts grade B and 2 Blastocyst from it were the good quality fully expanded, one transfer in me & the other freezed. This cycle, even after 24 eggs taken out, i wasn't bloated badly at all.. after ER, i could walk about. Used hot rubber bag to apply on my lower abdomen and drink ALOT of water. Took Pregnancy Milk, Tofu, Egg whites, Chickens, Beancurd, Hot Soya bean drinks during my 5 days before egg transfer & continue doing it till today. I tried to avoid caffeines as much as I could. I felt great this cycle! More movements and laughs.. Folic Acid is a staple and currently on Crinone gel 2 times a day.

As for OHSS, even during your stim routine, drink lots of water. Warm water. Don't keep your pee too long coz it might cause u unable to pee as the ovaries are swelling even before ER. I tend to keep my pee longer in #1 cycle, that was very bad.. now, everytime i felt like peeing, i just go. Even if it was 1hr ago, just let it out. Same goes to pooping.. i tried not to take any medications or supplements post ET. Just Folic Acid & Pregnancy Milk.. just to provide additional nutrition to that lil bean if everything goes well.. also, a great tip i got, 2 nights before your ET, warm ur womb with those rubber hot bag before sleeping. Helps with circulations & keeping it warm. Wear socks when in cold rooms.. :)

So yeah, usually 1st cycle is like a trial for us and the Dr, to know how much is much for us to respond to the fertility drugs.. 2nd cycles are usually better. Hope this helps!
Thank you dear for the advice! Will avoid cold water and try the other tips to stop the bloat :)

Hi dear, u can choose which suits to u and ur partner. IUI or IVF. I did one IUI and after that fail, i went straight for IVF. I knew that if your partner has low sperm count or issue, they will do direct extraction of sperm from the testicles under local anaesthesia. Wishing you all the best!
Thanks sis <3

Did yu get any HL or MC when yu went for your 2nd round of ET?

Back