Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

Hihi, can I ask if any ladies tried to do ovulation test the cycle after ur ER? We are going to do FET likely next month so thought of trying natural for this month but its already day 16 and I have yet to see a smiley face. Not sure if the hormone jabs will mess up our ovulation cycle?

I had polyp removal the cycle after ER. I tried tracking for ovulation post polyp removal, but failed. No smiley. I think jabs did mess up my cycle.

Hi hi ladies! I'm new here. Seems most people are with KKH recently. Anyone currently doing ivf at SGH? Do we need to q for ivf after first consultation at SGH?
We have been doing our fertility treatments in NUH, but now the fertility clinic is temporarily close due to covid-19. So is considering switching to SGH, which is nearer to our place. Don't want to waste any more months, hope to start ivf asap...
Hi! Did you manage to do your ivf w SGH? Mind sharing your exp. hoping to get more info...

Best wishes to you. I lost track of my CD day but I think menses should arrive soon. Feeling a little anxious as we plan to have FET in the next cycle.
Thanks! After ER my period came about 5 days later (2 days later than my usual), then I went for my polyp removal on day 5.
Going for my polyp review today, hope all is well then I can start my ET next cycle.

Hope ur menses come on time and all the best to your FET!

Is this ur first cycle?

Thanks! After ER my period came about 5 days later (2 days later than my usual), then I went for my polyp removal on day 5.
Going for my polyp review today, hope all is well then I can start my ET next cycle.

Hope ur menses come on time and all the best to your FET!

Is this ur first cycle?

Thank you. Yes first cycle, our very first IVF attempt. We only yielded 1 x frozen D5 Blastocyst. Not very optimistic about it but we’re definitely hoping for the best outcome.

I didn’t have any review after polyp removal. I was bleeding lightly for the first week after removal. Doctor asked me to call at the start of next menses.

Thank you. Yes first cycle, our very first IVF attempt. We only yielded 1 x frozen D5 Blastocyst. Not very optimistic about it but we’re definitely hoping for the best outcome.

I didn’t have any review after polyp removal. I was bleeding lightly for the first week after removal. Doctor asked me to call at the start of next menses.
My first cycle too, hopefully can do ET next cycle. Also had slight bleeding but no pain after polyp removal.

Where did u do ur polyp removal?

Hihi, can I ask if any ladies tried to do ovulation test the cycle after ur ER? We are going to do FET likely next month so thought of trying natural for this month but its already day 16 and I have yet to see a smiley face. Not sure if the hormone jabs will mess up our ovulation cycle?

Hihi, just to share with you. I did my ER last year nov'19, my menses came about 3 to 4 days after the ER. Afterwhich, we try on Day 19 , which I thought my ovulation should be ended. And I successfully got pregnant naturally after so many years. But sad to said, was miscarriage in weeks 10 due to my bb no heartbeat detected. So u can still try your ovulation test, cos sometime it may ovulate at a later date. :)

Hihi, just to share with you. I did my ER last year nov'19, my menses came about 3 to 4 days after the ER. Afterwhich, we try on Day 19 , which I thought my ovulation should be ended. And I successfully got pregnant naturally after so many years. But sad to said, was miscarriage in weeks 10 due to my bb no heartbeat detected. So u can still try your ovulation test, cos sometime it may ovulate at a later date. :)
Thanks for sharing! We will continue to try and test this month before my FET next month.

Sorry to hear about about ur miscarriage, jia you and baby dust soon!

Reactions: Cmf
Looking back to my calendar, I had my polyp removal on 8 Sept, CD11. So I’m CD35 now, and still waiting for menses.
Hope it comes soon!

I just did the ovulation test again today and saw the smiley finally. Doctor did say its normal and temporary.

I will be starting my first cycle next month, jia you together!

I have a bad news. I had a 'missed' miscarriage. Placenta is growing, only that baby stopped growing weeks back. Maybe few days after I saw the heartbeat at 6weeks. Now I am still very shocked... I need time to digest the whole situation. I was supposed to be 12 weeks and still feeling pregnant.because of symptoms :(

My first was chemical. Second miscarriage. And third was missed miscarriage. But in kkh only third miscarriage can do genetic testing...

Since all these happens at early Trimester. Doc said that it could be chromosome or genetic issues. Hence the baby is not viable. My heart is breaking so bad. I received the news alone. Bcos I thought today is just a maternal package signing,hence my husband is not around. I'm still in kkh and now waiting fro my husband who is rushing from work to fetch me. I don't have strength to walk alone.

stay strong babe.. you’ve always been the greatest support for us!

I have a bad news. I had a 'missed' miscarriage. Placenta is growing, only that baby stopped growing weeks back. Maybe few days after I saw the heartbeat at 6weeks. Now I am still very shocked... I need time to digest the whole situation. I was supposed to be 12 weeks and still feeling pregnant.because of symptoms :(

My first was chemical. Second miscarriage. And third was missed miscarriage. But in kkh only third miscarriage can do genetic testing...

Since all these happens at early Trimester. Doc said that it could be chromosome or genetic issues. Hence the baby is not viable. My heart is breaking so bad. I received the news alone. Bcos I thought today is just a maternal package signing,hence my husband is not around. I'm still in kkh and now waiting fro my husband who is rushing from work to fetch me. I don't have strength to walk alone.

Hi,
I feel you. I have gone through that too... 3 chemical pregnancy and the recent miscarriage at week 10. I just want to said jia you! U r not alone... stay strong.

Hi I’m in TWW, is there anyone still experienced BFN even no menses till the day back for blood test? Let’s say day 12th back for BT without Menses, but still negative?

Hi I’m in TWW, is there anyone still experienced BFN even no menses till the day back for blood test? Let’s say day 12th back for BT without Menses, but still negative?

Yes i encounter no menses on the day of blood test but BT is negative. Those medicine given will also delay ur menses. My menses came few hours later after stopping all the supports medicine.

Yes i encounter no menses on the day of blood test but BT is negative. Those medicine given will also delay ur menses. My menses came few hours later after stopping all the supports medicine.
Thanks, too bad to hear this. I thought no menses means very high chances up to 90%will be positive. I just felt bloated and sometime cramp but all the article say no symptom or with symptom also does not means positive due to medicine. Now only can pray god and trust the beanie still surviving.

Hi ladies, I am new to this forum. Done 1 failed ivf cycle last year and just completed 2nd cycle, ER on Monday. 7 embryos fertilised and embryologist just called to say none develop to blastocysts on day 5 (which is today). They will continue to monitor till tomorrow. Am praying hard for all 7 to develop to day 6 blastocyst. Embryologist said slow development. I am quite disappointed as I heard day 5 quality is better. Can I check if anyone is in the same situation w me?

hello all, can I check for FET, is the transfer done on +/- 1 day crucial? I've a black out date which I am afraid my transfer will fall on that day :(

Hi ladies, I am new to this forum. Done 1 failed ivf cycle last year and just completed 2nd cycle, ER on Monday. 7 embryos fertilised and embryologist just called to say none develop to blastocysts on day 5 (which is today). They will continue to monitor till tomorrow. Am praying hard for all 7 to develop to day 6 blastocyst. Embryologist said slow development. I am quite disappointed as I heard day 5 quality is better. Can I check if anyone is in the same situation w me?

hello apple, in my previous cycle, I have 2 embryos which are day 6. I heard that day 6 embryo will implant too!

Just some sharing on my TTC progress. I went to do HSG at NUH this Thursday, even though i read about a lot of horror stories online before going (e.g. fainting, extreme pain and vomiting etc), the actual procedure was quite a smooth one without much unbearable pain. It was more like a prolonged "pap smear" and the whole procedure took around 30 minutes to finish. The NUH staff and doctors are all very nice and there was only 5 min waiting time, and everything went well. My results show that both tubes are open and maybe that's why there was not that much pain. I also took one tablet of Panadol 30 minutes before the procedure and maybe it helped relief any discomfort or pain.

Then I went to see prof PC Wong on Friday and decided on the plan to try one IUI first and if it fails (most likely as the success rate is only 8%), i will proceed to IVF straight after IUI. I asked him what type of protocol to go with, and he said short protocol. I asked him why i will go with short protocol, then he said short protocol is what NUH standard is now, and 85% of the plans are short protocol due to less jabs involved. I also discussed with another friend who is currently doing IVF with Prof Wong and she also went through short protocol. It feels more like a factory line now that there is a standard process to go with and doctor will uncover any problems along the way and customize the plan afterwards.

I did discuss with Prof if i should try to SO IUI or normal IUI, and he said SO IUI is almost like a IVF process (just without the ER part), so it makes more sense to go with IVF compared to SO IUI as IVF has higher success rate. I think this part makes sense for me as if I am going to take a lot of injections, I hope to suffer this 14 days of jabs for once only as IVF has a higher success rate.

Anyway I am feeling quite relaxed now after I decide on the journey towards advance science. IVF does not guarantee 100% success rate and I am mentally prepared for a few rounds of attempts. But at least it gives a more defined timeline on what to expect and you feel like you are in good hands with professional medical experts to accompany you go through the journey.

Hi all,

I have the following to let go:

- 2 boxes (30 pcs) of crinone gel
- 1 tube of oestrogel

Please PM me if you are interested. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi girls, anyone did TCM and have positive experience to share? I’ve been seeing Dr Tan Kian Sing for last 4 months but my period cycle seems to have lengthened from 33 days to 38 days after eating his medicine and going for acupuncture with him :( feeling worried and wondering if I should try another TCM doctor instead. Thanks in advance!

Hi girls, anyone did TCM and have positive experience to share? I’ve been seeing Dr Tan Kian Sing for last 4 months but my period cycle seems to have lengthened from 33 days to 38 days after eating his medicine and going for acupuncture with him :( feeling worried and wondering if I should try another TCM doctor instead. Thanks in advance!
I saw him for 6 months last year, and experienced the same - much longer cycles and there were even a couple of months with no distinct signs of ovulation when I never failed to ovulate prior. I stopped going to him and all went back to normal. You can pm me if you want to find out more. But then again, I've never been to other TCMs so I can't advise if going to others instead will help.

When i started out with him, my menses came on cd47, dunno is the body haywire after my ivf failed cycle or what. But i did bfp under him on the 8th mth after my ivf failed fresh cycle. I can say he is well verse in male factor. My hubby sperm result improve alot after seeing him. Of course hv to go well with exercise and eating habit too.

Seeing him recently to ttc no.3

Last edited:
Hi ladies, mind if i join in?

Doing #2 IVF cycle & did ER on 2nd Oct (Fri) at KKH.. we managed to get 24 eggs... The biggest egg i knew was 21mm. I was on these since 17th Sept

Menopur 75 unit
Gonal F 150unit
Ganirelix 0.25mg

17th to 19th was on Ganirelix then adding the other 2.. I was on CD17 when the ER was done.. my cycle are usually 30- 32 days..

My prev cycle we gotten 17 eggs with only Gonal F 175 unit and Ganirelix. But only 1 blastocyst managed to be frozen. #1 IVF was a fail cycle. My OHSS became worst after the transfer.

This cycle after the ER (2nd Oct), i was slightly bloated but I manage to walk around, early frequent pee n poop and now feeling way better on 4th Oct with minimal bloating. Think the stim drugs plays a part as well.. they say I will have the ET on this coming Wednesday if all goes well.. for Day 5 Blastocyst.. I'm under Dr Shuling..

What i did different this cycle compared to #1 IVF
- No cold drinks since Early September
- Warm plain water intake mainly
- Reduce drastically on sodas/sugar drinks
- Avoid foods that I'm allergic to (Peanuts, Prawns, Durian)
- Taking in pregnancy milk formula daily
- Folic Acid + Metformin 500mg BD (for my DM)
- Total break from work to avoid unwanted stress
- Hot Packs on womb post ER at night

Anxiously waiting for the call from the embryologist.. Hoping a day 5 Blastocyst.. hehe

Last edited:
Do you know the grading of your blastocyst? SGH just called to inform they will freeze 3 Day 6 (Grade BB) at hatching stage.
Mine is one grade b and one grade c. All yours are Grade b and that sounds gd! My doc say grade b shouldn’t have problem thawing

Hi, just to share some experience we have with Dr Tan Kian Sing, we only met him once only, the 1st time he saw my hubby sperm test result which we have done at hospital, he told us we can forget about going IVF, he said even if we r success Pregnant under IVF or naturally, my Pregancy will not last long as he mentioned that there was virus in my hubby sperm which results unhealthy pregnancy, which i din really understand what he mean. All I can remember is he wants my hubby to do another sperm test again at one of the clinic that he recommended even though the sperm test results which we gave him was very recent one about a month be4 we see him. Then when he saw my report, he also wants me to go for another checkup while all my results show that I'm perfectly normal. And when he checked my pulse, he said my body feel weak n tired. I told him I'm super tired especially the past few days so he said he will gave me medicine to help me bu qi. But about 2 days later i have seen him, I was tested pregnant. So we are curious when he checked my pulse why he didn't mentioned I'm pregnant. But nevertheless, we might go back to see him if my FET failed again cos I heard he's actually good at male fertility.

When i started out with him, my menses came on cd47, dunno is the body haywire after my ivf failed cycle or what. But i did bfp under him on the 8th mth after my ivf failed fresh cycle. I can say he is well verse in male factor. My hubby sperm result improve alot after seeing him. Of course hv to go well with exercise and eating habit too.

Seeing him recently to ttc no.3
Thank you for the reply :) yeah my hubby also seeing him for male factor issues for past 3 months. I think I will take a break from TCM for now and see if my periods go back to normal.

Hi, just to share some experience we have with Dr Tan Kian Sing, we only met him once only, the 1st time he saw my hubby sperm test result which we have done at hospital, he told us we can forget about going IVF, he said even if we r success Pregnant under IVF or naturally, my Pregancy will not last long as he mentioned that there was virus in my hubby sperm which results unhealthy pregnancy, which i din really understand what he mean. All I can remember is he wants my hubby to do another sperm test again at one of the clinic that he recommended even though the sperm test results which we gave him was very recent one about a month be4 we see him. Then when he saw my report, he also wants me to go for another checkup while all my results show that I'm perfectly normal. And when he checked my pulse, he said my body feel weak n tired. I told him I'm super tired especially the past few days so he said he will gave me medicine to help me bu qi. But about 2 days later i have seen him, I was tested pregnant. So we are curious when he checked my pulse why he didn't mentioned I'm pregnant. But nevertheless, we might go back to see him if my FET failed again cos I heard he's actually good at male fertility.
Thanks for the reply :) yeah my hubby also seeing him now for male fertility issues. Fingers crossed it gets better. All the best to you too!

Reactions: Cmf
My transfer was on last tuesday and it looks like I got menses today but Im concerned issit it too soon to get menses even if the transfer failed. I always thought that menses would come in after at least 10 or 12 days

My transfer was on last tuesday and it looks like I got menses today but Im concerned issit it too soon to get menses even if the transfer failed. I always thought that menses would come in after at least 10 or 12 days
Call up the nurse and inform them about the bleeding. They will ask u to go down for blood test...i have bleeding before blood test previously and also thought was menses. My blood test turned out to be positive but low hcg...Meanwhile, do bed rest ya!

Call up the nurse and inform them about the bleeding. They will ask u to go down for blood test...i have bleeding before blood test previously and also thought was menses. My blood test turned out to be positive but low hcg...Meanwhile, do bed rest ya!
Thank you sister!
Im called up and they asked me to go in on wed for blood test.

Btw did u feel crampy like period pain when u were bleeding?
Any idea ideally when menses would start to come in if say the transfer failed. I am pretty sure menses would be delayed bcos of our ivf procedures right

Btw did u feel crampy like period pain when u were bleeding?
Any idea ideally when menses would start to come in if say the transfer failed. I am pretty sure menses would be delayed bcos of our ivf procedures right
I only had backache the day before i was bleeding for the previous transfer (ended up in chemical pregnancy) Don't recall having period cramps.

For the current transfer (which ended up in chemical pregnancy again), i had spotting when my hcg dropped even though i was on all the progesterone pills. After i stopped the pills, menses came 2 days later :)

Hi ladies, mind if i join in?

Doing #2 IVF cycle & did ER on 2nd Oct (Fri) at KKH.. we managed to get 24 eggs... The biggest egg i knew was 21mm. I was on these since 17th Sept

Menopur 75 unit
Gonal F 150unit
Ganirelix 0.25mg

17th to 19th was on Ganirelix then adding the other 2.. I was on CD17 when the ER was done.. my cycle are usually 30- 32 days..

My prev cycle we gotten 17 eggs with only Gonal F 175 unit and Ganirelix. But only 1 blastocyst managed to be frozen. #1 IVF was a fail cycle. My OHSS became worst after the transfer.

This cycle after thr ER, i was bloated but I manage to walk around, pee n poop.. Think the drugs plays a part.. they say I will have the ET on this coming Wednesday if all goes well.. for Day 5 Blastocyst.. I'm under Dr Shuling..

Anxiously waiting.. hehe

Wah 24 eggs retrieved! Thats a lot :)
Mine is one grade b and one grade c. All yours are Grade b and that sounds gd! My doc say grade b shouldn’t have problem thawing
Baby dust to both of us!! :)

8dp5dt , and my period came today. Huge clumps of clot. I had some “pulling” sensation in my right abdomen the whole evening last night, and my period came today. I am surprised it is on time, as I’m on crinone progesterone support.

Only left with 1 frozen embryo (5d), my first IVF attempt, very disappointed. No apparent issues with us, unexplained fertility - so this is turning out to be more difficult than I’d imagined it would be.

I had 17 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized but only 2 made it to day 5 blastocysts. The remaining 6 were stuck at day 3 growth. I’d thought we would have at least 3-4 blastocysts, so that turned out to be different from expectations too.

Husband is a chronic smoker and refuses to quit. I don’t know if that contributes to the growth of the embryos; I feel like I’ve done my best and there’s not much more I can do.

I can totally understand ur disappointment when I failed my 1st cycle last year. I have high hope but failed 3 unsuccessful transfers (1 fresh and 2 FETS, 4 day 5 blastocysts). No issue with me, only husband low sperm count but my blastocysts quality is average to below average. I picked myself up and work harder for the next round of ivf :) also found that mostly will only succeed after the 1st round of ivf so we are not alone!

Have you tried tcm? My TCM sinseh say to let ur body rest for at least 6 mths before trying for another round of FET. After FET to rest on bed or sofa and minimise walking.

I took 6 mths frm my last FET to do another cycle of ivf and managed to get better quality blastocysts. Also changed to health diet (veg and fruits daily w supplements) and exercise.

The ivf journey is not easy. Stay positive and we will get BFP soon!

Last edited:
8dp5dt , and my period came today. Huge clumps of clot. I had some “pulling” sensation in my right abdomen the whole evening last night, and my period came today. I am surprised it is on time, as I’m on crinone progesterone support.

Only left with 1 frozen embryo (5d), my first IVF attempt, very disappointed. No apparent issues with us, unexplained fertility - so this is turning out to be more difficult than I’d imagined it would be.

I had 17 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized but only 2 made it to day 5 blastocysts. The remaining 6 were stuck at day 3 growth. I’d thought we would have at least 3-4 blastocysts, so that turned out to be different from expectations too.

Husband is a chronic smoker and refuses to quit. I don’t know if that contributes to the growth of the embryos; I feel like I’ve done my best and there’s not much more I can do.
Hey Reis, sorry to hear that hunn.. i went thru the same as u did.. on my 1st cycle i had 17 eggs as well and only 2 blastocyst. One in me & one frozen back in April. That cycle was pretty bad for me as i was very bloated and had those OHSS symptom after the transfer. It was a failed cycle. I was upset but knew I didn't prep my body well and probably the drugs i had was on a higher dose. Usually 1st cycle is like a trial cycle which the Dr will help to gauge how much is too much and usually the 2nd cycle onwards are better.. im currently on my 2nd fresh cycle and boy, it felt totally different from my prev cycle. I'm much more actively moving ard after 1 day post ER. My bloated reduced so much more.. i started taking in pregnancy milk & cut down cold drinks or sodas & add in more water for hydration (which also helps give more plumped/chubby eggs) 1-2 months before 2nd cycle IVF. Don't give up dear! My friend went thru 5 ivf cycles before her lil bean sticks & the other one went thru 3 ivfs and got her lil boy. My hubby used to smoke back in 2015 and stopped when he had bad pneumonia and i scare him telling that his lungs are scarred badly now. Didn't touch cigs ever since. what's important is that, dont blame yourself when it fails.. God is the best planner & He wont burden his creations beyond what they can cope..

Yes, I’ve been seeing TCM since August last year. Taking regular herbal medication, but stopped for IVF cycle.

I did some walking on the fourth day post transfer, very leisurely nothing too strenuous, just to get some fresh air.

Considering I only have 1 blastocyst left, I feel like I’ve no choice but to prepare for another fresh cycle in the months to come.
Hihi do you mind sharing which TCM doctor do you go to? Thanks :)

Hi everyone, can I check if anyone is still taking supplements during IVF? I am taking Ubiquinol and Swiss pre conception multivit since the start of the year. Today is my first scan for CD 2 and started the jab. Was told to take only folic acid by the nurse. May I know if anyone still takes supplement that they were taking before IVF? Any issues?

Back