Any Mommies in mid-late 30s or over 40 with small children?

tam, chloe is good wih her hands.. very beautiful roses!! where did ur hb get the blue tack of different colors???

what makes me feel singaporean....
- the 'unique' culture of food, and language...
- the typical 'yes' attitude to govt policies around us... (hahaha)
- doing crazy things like joining long queue for food, squeezing with the crowd for fireworks etc....
- shopaholic (newly added)

aa, hfmd is rampant recently.. my niece was telling us how on thursday.. almost half the class was sent home with fever.. (no sure if she exaggerated). my gal's cc has > 10 cases for the past 2 weeks... understand that some parents might be 'selfish' to send their kids..but like what the rest say..the kids migh be taken care of by maid (or grandparents). i also have to admit that though i take care of my gal... sometimes at the end of the day i am so rushed that i would not notice things like scratches on her body... (happens before, i saw a scratch and then nanny next day told me it was already there when i sent her over in the morning..)

aly_nat..hahaha... now that tam mentoned it... bkk sounds good too!!!! :p i think we are all shopaholics..ok..got to add that to the 'feel singaporean' list...!

yesterday i went to amk to see the yog torch ...the turnout is pathetic along that stretch of road... quite disappointed.. i thought that being weekend there will be more pp suporting... here are the pics for those that are curious...
http://kathleenmak.blogspot.com/2010/08/20100807-yog-torch-relay.html

being Singaporean

1. Kiasu - very typical of parents - opt to do PVs, shift house for dream primary schools, send kids for enrichments, buy assessment books at bookfest

2. Kiasi - everything must ideally 消毒 first, avoid touching things like lift buttons, toilet door handles
I can use up one litre of QV wash over 2 - 3 weeks, keep washing hands especially when I'm cooking. Gosh, seems like a compulsive disorder? maybe I should consult a psychiatrist. Ever since SARS scare, I've been totally paranoid about germs!

3. shopaholic - look at the ever crowded new malls spouting along Orchard Road
me too, love to shop! bought 3 pairs of pants, 1 pair of shorts, 3 blouses, a belt, a handbag over the last 2 -3 weeks. Strange hor, GSS over but still sales everywhere leh

snowball, bloom

both of you love shopping too? hehe, everytime I walk past a shop with a sale sign, I've this irrestible urge to step inside. But hor, always in a hurry to fetch my kids or for appointment so can only exclaim aiya! gave the boutique a longing glance and hope to return to browse again. This weekends a lot of sale everywhere due to National Day

Does your hubby mind if you shop frequently?

There's a mommy whom my hubby sees frequently at kindy. I only have to remind him about that mommy's dress sense (orange patchy print blouse with blue flowery print shorts), he will quiver and forget whatever comment he intends to make about my shopping spree
rofl.gif

Hello all
Its long weekend and indeed everywhere is having sales.
I tried not to go out as really have bought alot during the usual days.So stay home and rest and catch up some works with my girl.
I think for the last few months, almost weekly I buy new dress, terrible right.Worst, buy and never wear and keep.
Have a good weekend all.

joy

but why buy & keep leh? I usually wear the new ones asap or busy sourcing for accessories or buy another top to match it if no suitable tops at home to match my new purchase. Arh, sounds like more excuses to shop further
lol.gif

Oh dear, missed so many postings!! My subscription to this thread was mysteriously UNSUBSCRIBED!! Thus didnt receive any notifications for postings.

Hello there Ladies!

HAPPY NATIONAL DAY!!!

Just got back from a family retreat, believe it or not, I signed up for the programme, "Marriage Enrichment" which it also a family prog as u can also bring ur kids along but they were occupied with kids' activities. It was great. Give me and DH a little more of couple time
happy.gif
Overall the kids had a great time and we as a couple benifitted alot from it, I hope my dh do.

yawn yawn,
I don't really shop much except for grocery, just go to Giant. But I noticed most Singaporeans go to Jusco Tebrau for those branded items, also try City Square. btw, u smart girl ... getting away with shopping comments from hubby with that story!

Anyway, anybody going to padang?

what makes you feel like a Singaporean ?

1. Love to EAT .. esp Chicken Rice, Laksa, Char Kway Teow ....

2. like to que for things, don litter, quite law abiding and like things in order

3. like bloom; the typical 'yes' attitude to govt policies around us

4. expect good service and clean environment
happy.gif

Hi mommies,
Thanks for sharing about what makes you feel like a Singaporean. I share many of those characteristics too
happy.gif

Especially kiasi like yawn. When I am at home, I wash my hand about 10 to 20 times a day, using Dettol anti-bacteria liquid soap !

snowball, rona, bloom,
Thanks for your compliments
happy.gif
My mother trained her by making her pick up red beans at 2 to 3 years old !

bloom,
The colourful blu tack is available at Popular bookshop.

aly_nat,
Nice meeting you and your girls
happy.gif
Those books are for mainland China kids, the standard is a lot higher than ours.

aa,
Oh dear hope that your DS recovers quickly. I know how you feel, when Jerome had HFMD, I was also very angry with other parents who sent their sick kids to the kindergarten. What's worst was that Jerome suffered very badly and had to be hospitalized.

I think that schools should have a system to check kids' body temperature everyday, really cannot depend on parents.

What makes me feel like a S'porean.

1. When I walk home at 11pm/12am and the streets are safe.

2. Chope seats with tissues!

3. Look out for cheaper deals before buying!

4. Wear RED on National Day!

5. Food is everywhere!

ok, my turn on what makes me feel like a sporean:
1. long queue means good, must join the queue.
2. 20% discount must go and grab something, else something is wrong with me.
3. the feeling i got when the plane touched down at Changi International Airport
4. food anywhere and anytime!
5. being kiasu and kiasi at the same time... :p
6. make noise but no action... especially with govt policies... ;P

Tam,
my gal's cc checked the kids very thoroughly... in fact they checked the kids TWICE a day! first time when they step into the school - at the waiting area, pass the checks then can go into the school proper, and another time after their naps. So far, the school's record is very very good.

Hi Yawn,

Yes, I am a lone shopper. When I shop alone, I can buy many things within a short span of time. I see like it, price ok, I buy. That is Y my hb gets worried when I tell him I am taking leave to go shopping alone :p But, I do keep a budget in mind when I shop and will usually stop when my budget is hit.

Hi Joy,

Its common lah....buy on impulse then keep until forget and got tugged away. I also buy a lot of clothes for my kids when I am in-country and on holidays. Buy up-sz to keep for "future use". But, everytime keep until forget, by the time I take out the clothes, my DDs outgrow some of them liao.

Clothings from KL - Usually did not buy much clothes for myself. Good brands for kids clothings to get from M'sia : Phoney/ Miki/ Seed/ Soda - Good prices during sales and material is good and lasting.

Hi ya Ladies!!!

How was your long weekend? Just got to work today and it's the FIRST day of the Fasting month!

Snowball32, "Its common lah....buy on impulse then keep until forget and got tugged away. I also buy a lot of clothes for my kids when I am in-country and on holidays. Buy up-sz to keep for "future use". But, everytime keep until forget, by the time I take out the clothes, my DDs outgrow some of them liao." .... wow I'm like u, Thank God, I thot I'm the ONLY ONE like that ... so it's normal ... phew ;)

btw, I was @Chua Chu Kang next to Lot 1 celebrating National Day on Monday. Saw the armoured vehicle and fireworks. Kids really enjoyed it. anyone there?

aa: talking about hfmd, my 2 older kids were absent from school for 8 school days last 2 weeks. S got quite a number of ulcers on his mouth and we saw a GP who told us it should be hfmd. Thus, he was absent for 8 days together with J. Anyway I think its a mild case as no one caught it from him this time including the babies in my house. Thankful for it. Now I am trying to catch up with their school work..
happy.gif

airfare- thanks for the advice! I had more or less decided on which fare to take. ANA and JAL having promotion for flight to Chitose airport but does not allow stopover in tokyo. If I want a stopover in tokyo, its an additional $280-$300 per person for round trip domestic flight.

So now I am considering whether it is worth while to spend that additional money to stopover in tokyo to go disneyland or just forgo disneyland...

Hello mummies...

Back to work and swarmed with work....its crazy these days!

Anyone heard of the brand "Desigual"- from Spain- its really cheap in Europe (vs S'pore prices)- bought two multi-coloured dresses- signature of their brand...worth it!

Also managed to buy books for my kids in London- but made a huge mistake- the book sets which I saw year end last year- is only available at christmas time!....now when I think about it, it completely makes sense- cos people need to look for presents at xmas time, but not during other times! But I still bought quite a few books for them...

Poohy- Chitose airport in Hokkaido? Think Hokkaido will have plenty to do, so you may skip tokyo- but I heard its really freezing during winter, so Hokkaido is more popular during summer time...alternatively- why dun you do tokyo only? There are plenty of stuff to keep the entire family occupied in Tokyo alone... If you go to Disneyland- I would recommend DisneySea as well- Tam shared with me that it is interesting, and true enough- it was!

Hi All,

My son was pretty 'high' from watching NDP on TV. All the tankers and fire engines... He was excitedly 'matching' his existing fleet of vehicles to what was on TV.

Also managed to catch the Olympic torch relay. Got me thinking quite a bit about kid's future and how schools may be by the time he's due for P1. I think our kids should have more PE time and pick up more games while they have all the energy and enthusiasm to learn!!

4352239.jpg

http://mumusings.blogspot.com/2010/08/living-in-singapore-beholding-olympics.html

Hi All,

Thanks ... DS is recovering well. The blisters started to "dry" since day 3 and no signs of new blisters (thank God!!). The PD wanted us to continue monitor his condition and to bring back for review this weekend.

Me being kiasu and don't want to overload him (rather myself) with homework after his MC, requested the teachers to email me his homework for this whole week ...

Hi Fairy,

Desigual has very interesting designs. Unfortunately the cutting doesn't fit well for me
sad.gif
Wanted to get a few pieces when they first opened at Vivo City - a pity!

Hi
Desigual dresses look nice. I am v tempted to buy but still trying to slim down before going on a buying spree. Still need to lose some post baby fats.

snowball32
Will usually keep the dress till I have a reason to wear.Just imagine, there is this long dress that I bought last year, and now is going to take out and wear for niece wedding next month.That is me, see nice, buy and keep and never do last min shopping.

Fairyprincess
You must be back via A380.

Agreed with you,Tokyo disneysea is awesome and has been going back over and over again.Shopping is great too.But, will try something new this year end.
Have a good evening all...

Desigual ?Yet to really see this.I believe some of this brand is cheaper overseas just like H & M.

stylobb

that's a good one! - Chope seats with tissues
rofl.gif

snowball

I have to & need to shop alone. With hubby or kids, always end up empty handed. Kids are too distracting. Hubby is too impatient. The only time he looked as if he enjoyed shopping with me was when he was courting me, tried to 投其所好. Now I spent an hour at NTUC he can face black black said I shop soooo slowly. That's already my lightning speed!
I very stressed leh, buy clothes must rush, buy groceries also must rush, I have to browse slowly mah, I don't know how to buy stuff in a hurry leh. I told him to take train on my grocery day, serve him right lor
biggrin.gif

joy

arha, I see, it's because we buy different category of clothes. I only buy casual clothes for daily wear. Must chiong to wear those 'new arrivals' before they looked dated. Hardly buy formal dresses since very few suitable occasion to wear them. I've a few formal pieces which I hardly wore, enough to recyle for wedding dinners since they are far between.

mommies

Just curious how often do you get wedding invitations?

It suddenly dawn on me, the most recent wedding event I attended was 2 years ago!
Hardly get any wedding invitations.... I think I attended less than 3 weddings the last 5 years

What makes me a Singaporean
- love of eating
- code-switching and code-mixing (Mandarin, dialects, English, Malay, whatever it takes to be understood)

What Singaporeans should be thankful for
- choices available in education, life and career opportunities
- stress, which is motivating
- policies that force us to save and at least afford a flat (CPF, Medisave, HDB...)
- law enforcement
- political stability, safety and peace
- variety of foods and goods available
- reasonable pricing
- facilities, assessibility, telecommunications and transportation
- low taxes and subsidised housing/education
- cleanliness
- that women aren't particularly discriminated against
- that our country doesn't pick fight with other countries

For those people who complain non-stop about this and that, I wonder if there's a country on Earth that is perfect enough to house them. I find it amazing when Singaporeans make noise about govnt but when overseas, you hear them talking loudly, "wah, so dirty, in Singapore.... in Singapore we have... Singapore has..."

My wish for Singaporeans
- greater sense of civic-mindedness
- more constructive ideas, rather than complaining
- STOP LITTERING!!!!!
- that all relevant agencies will take feedback in the positive light and work towards solving past/present problems

A sight which totally irked me:

4353045.jpg
4353046.jpg

The big joke is that this particular SAM machine is at the entrance of one of the Town Councils (where many staff and people walk in/out daily). I had to take this photo 'cos I passed by this place TWICE last month and the litter wasn't cleared. Litter attracts litterbugs.

The litterbugs are sure horrid - see the disposables on the top of the machine? The pains they took to place the litter! On the other hand, WHERE are the cleaners? Does this show that the Town Council staff are immune to this sight?

Until people behave themselves and act like human beings, we shall never be really First World Nation. So sad, but true. No paper-degree or wealth can compensate for rotten characters. Moral rectitude, civic-mindedness, care for others/environment and self-respect are sorely lacking in some people.

What are your thoughts on litterbugs, mummies?

mumusings

what about those who spit? No consideration to others who might accidentally step on their spit, plus the germs! absolutely disgusting
angry.gif

flyers on the floor can be extremely dangerous too. I ever slipped and fell on my knee at toa payoh interchange because I stepped on a flyer. I was carrying my dd2 when I fell, fortunately I didn't lose my grip & drop her on the ground, she was only a baby then! After that fall & scare, I avoid carrying her when walking, she's much safer in the stroller. I had a huge patch of bruises on my knee for close to 2 months. It's a miracle I didn't break my knee cap during that brutal fall

Hi Yawn,

It's good you didn't lose grip. Same thing happened to me when I was carrying my son last year (very slippery tiles on a rainy day, not from litter) and skidded (fell forward). Managed to break my fall by falling on one knee and landing on one side of my body.

GOod thing we don't have a chewing gum problem now. I remember stepping on gum in the 1980s - really irritating! Happened quite many times and the mess is really hard to clean, especially if it's stuck to sports shoes together with leaves and other rubbish on the road.

Many people complain of the ban but I think it's no loss if we don't chew gum. Just chew all you want when you're overseas (and dispose of it properly)! A British friend told me that his government spend lots trying to scrape gum off their grounds at soccer stadiums and streets each year!

aly_nat, thanks.. i bought 1 pair from the URL that u have given... not my fav design..but cannot be fussy hahaha...

hfmd... for the past month , there are > 20 cases of HFMD in my gal's cc... my gf just told me over the weekend that her gal's kindy never check the hands/legs everyday..they only check when there is hfmd..which i think is wrong!

yawn yawn,...aha i have beeen washing my hands obessively since dd was born... canot go shopping with hb / dd... so usually i will take leave to go shopping..crazyy... i suspect my hb never look at me.. cos seometiems when we reach home i would rather my hair is a total mess (natural curl, so quite hard to maintain) and he never commented! alamat...

precious gems.. what is this marriage enrichment course? good that u can bring dd along..alot of course does not allow u to bring kids along!

re weddings, i am still attending weddings..those of colleagues/in laws..else most of my frens are married... just anyhow wear since i will usually bring dd..cannot wear skirt and heels when i always got to carry her etc...

one thing that i suspect i will complain alot about re singapore (in future)..the education system... :p

Morning mummies!

Sometimes, you just need people who are spontaneous- read this touching story- you may have seen it in ST already:
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_565181.html

Joy- yes, I was on the A380- was your HB on the Mon night flight? Now my BIL is training to fly the A380- only takes 3 months to be fully trained- was wondering why training so short?!

On my recent trip to HCMC- there was a flight steward who was very interested in my ring- and he took it to wear during the flight and returned to me much later??!!- I am fine with that, but usually, the staff are not so "engaging" if I put it politely...

aly nat- my trip was via air miles- but still had to pay almost S$500 in taxes and fuel surcharges!!! Had planned it super long ago...

Weddings- most of the people my age have already got married...so I have not gone to any wedding dinner for quite a while...but baby showers- still going on- cos people have kids later nowadays...

Mindchamps- any mummies know of any kids who have gone on this course/ workshop??? Is it any good?

Hi there mummies, may I join in this thread?
happy.gif

I have a 3 YO gal, and I'm a working mum, though I work a shorter schedule - 6-hr workday.

Re HFMD - I have been confined to home (work from home too) for 2 whole weeks now, as my gal had HFMD and then passed it on to me. My lucky girl breezed through it (only a few mouth ulcers that didn't even bother her) while I had the whole nine yards...painful ulcers & blisters
sad.gif
My fault for being too complacent that adults are not as susceptible to HFMD...so for mommies who kids have been infected..do be careful.

aly nat
Thanks for the link. They don't seem to carry the Eleven series...

Day trip to KL - do-able but will be quite rushed......esp the traffic in the late afternoon.

bloom
Shoes - USD37 also comes up to SGD50 liao... w/ shipping, the price will be more.

Sorry ah, your blog background with the flowers made it a bit difficult to read the content leh... (You also like pink like some of us here?)
Your 2 gals' age are close to each other??

tam
Your nbr 2. is not applicable to everyone leh.... hehe.. not everyone can read novels in English and Mandarin... I for one hardly read Chinese novels.

Blu tack - do they harden?

.... wah Chloe has nimble fingers indeed.
Jumping clay --- the clay stuck to all our fingers (mine and the kids) - found it to be rather messy... didn't know re the kneading part....

fairy
Your short break is to go Europe ah... hehehe..... any pics of the dresses? I would like to see...

yawn/snowball/bloom
I think most women like to shop....only differentiate between going to the shops or online...keke

I also shop alone. I used to have this difficulty w/ my hb re shopping, I wud want to shop while he would get irritated... when I realise that he really does not like shopping, I decided that when we go out as a family, I will not shop/buy things or not look at things for too long. I will only do it when I'm alone.

yawn
My hb does not bother about my shopping, that's why I need to work .. hehehe

joy
Not all dresses have good fit, so when I do fit well into some, I will buy.
I also have 2-3 dresses which I have not worn....

rona
I have the same feeling as you re Changi Int'l Airport....heee

babymakes3
Welcome to join us! You so old meh????

fairy
That's quite a weird encounter for you with the steward....

yawn
Imagine tissue covers even have "This seat is taken" ...hehe

mumusings
I dislike littering and spitting!
Disgusting....
I have seen ppl just throw things on the floor w/o flinching.... I think I ever saw this boy toss a can into the bushes at the playground, his mom was sitting yakking on the phone oblivious to it...

Flyers... I am thinking to feedback re my block, mine does not have a pit/trough for people to dispose of the flyers from their mailboxes .... messy at times..

Bloom,
u r most welcome. did u get the 20% discount?

Stylo,
sorry, ya,think they only hv see kai run n pedipeds hor?

mumusings/yawn,
yes! Totally disgusted with those who go ard spitting. And those who dig their nose and/or ears! Super turn off! And they do it so naturally like they are just breathing. Yucks!

babymakes3,
welcome!

Shopping
I've stopped shopping for clothes since the arrival of dd2
sad.gif
. Everytime I try on something I like, I am reminded of the extra 'tyre' that I'm carrying ard. Moreover, my current sahm status does not warrant the need to buy too much clothes. I'm clad in shorts n tshirt almost all the time.

hv not been successful in trimming my tummy fats.
sad.gif

On littering

It's horrid some people push supermarket trolleys home and abandon them. Or people who place their litter IN or next to the lift (eg. boxes and appliances). Some men grow their last nail long and use it to dig ear/nose (like Phua Chu Kang)...

Mommies who are familiar with shopping across the Causeway

How much do diapers/milk cost in Malaysia? Are baby items significantly cheaper? Just curious - haven't been there for a few years.

Hi Aly,

Yes, being sahm saved me lots of clothes/cosmetics/shoes
happy.gif
I tell myself only to buy nicer stuff when I get back to my near-usual weight. Don't know when that will be but I am enjoying the fact that I don't need to dress up - used to shop for a new dress every time a function pops up and that means hundreds gone.

mumusings,
my kids take the milk powder from malaysia. they are on gain eyeQ.

The big one, I think can save like 30% diapers not much savings though. I still get them in singapore.

mumusings,
I mean the big can - you can save like 30% if you buy from malaysia. other brands too, will be cheaper and worth to make the trip.

there are some people saying that the milk powder is not the same. Let me just say that its the same, the milk powder is still imported from the country of origin like ireland and then they packed it into the TINS produced in malaysia and its still under the same company...

Hi Rona,

Thanks. My kid's on Dumex. I don't mind Malaysian-packed milk - have bought them before at the neighbourhood shops. Alot of savings as it is (30% as you said) even in Singapore. The cheapest Drypers jumbo pack can be found at these shops $15.80 instead of the usual $18.90 (don't have to wait for supermarts to have the 2-for-$33.65 offers).

What about diapers?

stylo,
remember we were discussing about the relationship between tooth decay and drinking from the bottle?
i googled and read a few articles and found that they have one thing in common - their sample size is actually all the angmoh babies/toddlers/kids. Where they have a different set of habits from us.

1. The angmoh mothers do not give their babies plain water - they give them juices.
2. The angmoh mothers, after giving their children milk, don't really give their kids plain water to drink. if they do give some fluid, its again juices.
3. They use either the milk bottles or trainers for their juices.
4. sugars from milk is not higher then sugars from juices.

in my opinion, I think the culprit for tooth decay is juices. the angmoh kids drink a lot of sweetened drinks and juices vs our kids, who are usually given plain water to drink instead. as a result, they have a higher occurance of tooth decay but they are saying its from the milk bottle.

the short contact of milk in the mouth delivered by milk bottle should not cause any increase chances of tooth decay lah...

Fairyprincess
No, he was not working that day, off and was having laksa party at my mil hse.Actually for any fleet to do converasation to A380 is quite easy, cos flying is basically the same, just buttons are different.hahaha.

Dress
Am still into the little princess dress tho am no longer young.hahaa

Myopic and astigmatism
I noticed kids nowadays are very prone to it,is it true?

mumusings,
i find the diaper pricing about the same, not much savings.

joy,
yah, think so, could it be that we are stressing them too much to read? or are they watching too much telly and playing too much computer games? or too little time outdoors?

mommies
Are your kids wearing spectacles?

rona
My kids didn't watch much tv or play computer games. I think it's inheritance. Both hubby & I are short sighted
Going to primary school is not helping with eye sight either. Only 3 period of PE the entire week, not enough daily outdoor activities

joy
your dh is a pilot?

aly nat
how old is your dd2?

I take porridge at home everyday ever since I became SAHM. No fried stuff, only steam food. Easy to control what I eat since I'm the one cooking
Not exactly back to pre-prenancy weight, can't lose that 3kg

Hi Fairy,

I think the boy who chased the YOG touch has got the Sportsmanship in him...very persistent. Cannot imagine how he ran 15km on his flip-flops.

Hi Yawn/ Bloom/ StyloBB,

I think most men are very impatient when it comes to shopping lah.

When I go shopping with hb, we will usually go separate ways, he see his things - electronics/ books/ toys and I go see mine. We will arrange to meet after we finish. When we shop with kids, I do not even bother to look for my own things.

Hi Yawn,

The last wedding dinner I attended was in Jan. Next year, I will have 2 - 3 wedding dinners (my cousins) in the pipeline. My niece may also wed next year. So many angpows to give and good excuse to go shop for dinner clothings :p

Hi Bloom,

My kids' CC checked the kids temperature twice a day. They also checked their mouth, hand and feet every morning when we send them there.

Hmmmm, your kid's CC not very responsible leh.

Both my DDs down with viral fever last week and this week (DD1 passed to DD2). I keep them home until they are well.

Hi Babymakes3,

Welcome
happy.gif
Yes, adults can also get HFMD. I was 7 mths preggy with DD2 when my DD1 caught HFMD. I stayed at home 2 weeks to look after her. I kept washing hands and drinking cooling water to prevent myself from getting infected.

Hi Mumusings,

Your DS using Drypers Drypants/ Mamy Poko Pants? Fairprice now having sale, selling at $12.80/pkt. MamyPoko Pants selling at $24.50/ pkt.

Lucky, now my DD2 also cut down alot on Diapers as she is now toilet-trained and is off-diapers during the day.

Hi Mumusings,

I read from News that Padang collected 24 tons of garbage after the NDP parade. S'poreans are also litterbugs....

Hi Precious Gem,

My niece is giving birth next month....I can pass my kids' clothings to her (including those I keep until forget). Then, can stock up again :p

hello ladies!

Bloom75
yep, that's why we went to that marriage enrichment course cuz u can bring as many family members as u like but the basic package is for 2 adults and 2 kids. both my dd & ds enjoyed themselves as they were occupied with fun activities. I think the organiser did it this way cuz they know parents r always worried abt their kids and won't go away without them so they r just helping to take care f ur kids & feed them. Dinner time is family time. We even had a campfire, a first for both my kids! Btw, it's @Celestial Resort in Ubin. I think I'm falling in love with the place.

Fairyprincess,
I know a friend who sent her girl for the course, actally it's a parent & child course. SHe told me it's more of a 'technique' that need to be reinforced at home consistently. Btw it was her husband and dd that attended the course and it cost a few thousands $ for several sessions. I'm not sure if it's worth it. When she told me abt it, she didn't sound or seem excited abt it.

YOG boy,
I was very impressed to read abt that story. I won't be surprise if we see him in the athletics arena in the future. I think he will go far in life, with that determination and perseverance.

mumusings,
well, when my ds was in diapers, I do buy them in big bulk from Giant, Malaysia. Also milk powder is cheap too. He's drinking Dumex Dugro. U save a couple of dollars here and there but if u buy them in big quantity, u'll save more. with diapers. i'll will always check what is on offer tho most of the time, we use drypers.

Other things that significantly cheap is sugar, flour, condensed milk .... for baby clothes and shoes, I still get them from Kiddy Palace @Causeway Pt. There are a few good local brand but it's quite expensive unless on sale .. Anakku ..

Snowball,
That's good to know, so ur niece is lucky to have an aunt like u. I usually give the stuff to my mom cuz she always know who's giving birth and sometimes she will give them to the neighbourhood maids who have children back home.
btw, I learn not to stock up so much ... and i'm a little better now ;)

Back