Any Mommies in mid-late 30s or over 40 with small children?

Rona- you bought the shoes! I also gave in- bought the pair from Pazzion (dark silver leather with sequins, but can still wear for work)- S$69 with NO discount...

Next time call me for lunch too leh...

Anyways, I am already overseas for work now...

Stylobb- looks like you and Tam are experts re online shopping! =)

Nail Polish- I am a BIG fan of manicures- and I mean I do it professionally myself- FREE! but I only use OPI brand of polish- once I tried it, no other brand compares in terms of smoothness of application- heavenly! I buy from sprees S$9 each, instead of S$23 from shops in S'pore...

mumusings, bloom, snowball,
Actually my mother and my maid help me a lot, I don't need to cook or do housework, so I can concentrate on working and teaching the kids.
As for my blogs, it may seem like I spend a lot of time writing them. I can type as fast as I think, and I think of the ideas when I am traveling to work, walking to lunch/classrooms etc
happy.gif
So I actually don't spend much time writing the blogs.

If I were to do housework and take care of kids, I definitely cannot make it.

Fairy,
Thanks for sharing that letter, very touching !

muffin,
Everything I am wearing on my body are bought online hahaha

watch : from amazon.com (only USD 15)
shoes : from 6pm.com, footsmart.com, etc
clothes : landsend.com, oldnavy.com, threadless.com, ae.com
underwear: victoriasecrets.com

Also
books : amazon.com, dangdang.com
vitamins : drugstore.com
my girl's hairclips : hairclippy.com
my kids' clothes : gymboree.com, oldnavy.com
I even bought pillowcases from amazon.com !

I haven't bought bags online because these are bulky and the shipping will be expensive.

styloBB,
I wonder why Daiso open at ION. They should open one at Jurong Point !

I setup an account in nordstrom.com already, they accept international credit card. But I have no time to organize spree, will be leaving in 3 weeks time
sad.gif

rona,
I also buy tops that are around $40 or cheaper, I usually wait for G2000 to have sale and buy my working shirts from there. For bottoms, I usually spend less than USD20 buying from oldnavy.com, I like their skirts.

fairy
You know what shoes rona bought? I always find their heels v v high leh.. unless you are talking about pumps...

Lunch - ON! Next time we call you...hehe

OPI - yeah, many of my gfs buy online... I don't do my nails... no mani. Wl go to the nail shops to do pedi... cos I'm terrible at it, plus they wl scrub and trim and the feet look beta after that.

rona/fairy
Take pics of ur shoes!!

tam
Oh, I forgot about www.landsend.com! hehe

Nordstrom. Oh, they accept int' cc?!!!! Danger, danger!!!

Bags - I think depends on the style, some bags can be folded....

Daiso - IMM and Jurong Point far away??
Good - Orchard, convenient... keke

tam/rona
Threadless is having free int'l shipping now!!

tamarind.
I have a question..
whether to let Sabrina read more information (documentaries) type of books or more story books ?
which benefits more ?

Rona, Tam,
thanks for the books. Will hv to see how I can collect the books from each of you over this cominglong weekend.

Mummies,
I hv yet to meet any one of you. Anyone keen for a meet up? Think will be interesting.

tam
Smiling at your everything bought online...keke.. my kids' clothings all online, much cheaper than buying from the stores...

Arg...just saw Hero Arts rubber stamps on Amazon..!!
and also my lovely wrapper papers....

fairy
Oh I mistook your comment re rona's shoes... you meant that you also gave in to buying shoes...hehe... nvm, if nice and reasonably priced, can lah...

fairy
But I'm lousy at organising sprees...get a bit nervous..ever ordered 2 same items for my gf! ahaha!! I prob. can only handle similar stuff!! not a great variety! haha

Pedicure packages- so any mums have bought a package- how much does each pedi cost?

Stylobb- tried to search pazzion website for the exact shoe to post here but cannot find...

Online shopping- better if I do not get addicted to it yah- scary to keep buying and buying...unless its necessities but can easily go overboard...

Meeting up- no lah, I think most mummies here have not met up as a huge group, but may have met one or two individually to collect spree stuff/ hang-out...I have met Tam, almost met Rona ...he he...

buying clothes online

I don't know how to buy clothes online leh. Cannot try it on, cannot touch the fabric, not sure whether colour or cutting looked nice on me. That's why I still shop the old fashion way lor

same for shoes. Must walk around to test comfort

good morning everyone.

Yawn
We are same, very old fashion in the old fashion way...not high tech...hahahaha

Tam
You are very resourceful in many way, be it education for kids, or shopping..heeee

Stylobb
wow, tai tai lunching..how envy...

Fairyprincess
Which part of the world are u now?

Preciousgem
sorri, din see your post earlier.thanks so much for your well wishes.
Hubby never lift a finger on hsework, I one man show, do everything.Already cleared.How is things with you?

rona
What high heel shoe?how high?
Where about u staying in singapore?

StyloBB,

Daiso - They also have an outlet in Vivo City. But, I still like the outlet at IMM best as its spacious and easy to shop. I always end up spending at least $30 per trip.

Hi Tam,

I also have maid to help at home with housework & cooking. I still find that I do not have enough time leh...sighhhhh....time no enough.

Hi Yawn,

I also have not met-up any1 here yet
happy.gif

Pedicure/ Manicure - I have to do my own Manicure and Pedicure as I have ingrown nails problem. Trimming my nails is a challenge to get the in-grown nails out. My sister who was once a Chriopodist, used to do my manicure and pedicure when I was younger.

Kids' clothings - My hb just come back from business trip to KL. KL got big sale now, he bought lotsa kids' clothings from Pheony, PDI, Soda Kids at 60 - 70% off. Good time to go KL shopping now.

fairyprincess
come to think of it, my toe nails have nvr seen the light of day. since i started pedis when i was 22. till this day i hv nvr cut my own toe nail. =O
the cheapest in town ( i think) is nail bliss. they hv a few outlets. Didn't knw they were that cheap till i saw urban had an article on cheap nail salons n they clinch the #1 spot. Been gng there for abt 3-4 yrs. my pedi is abt $20

but mani is out for me - my finger nails are alw super short. i can't do hsewk if i hv mani so i dislike it .

snowball
actually hw i started with pedi is that i injured my toe nail n it fell off completely. then subsequently i also hv ingrown toenail problem. Now even my 3 yr old has same problem! haha.. mayb i don't cut my own toe nail so i don't knw hw to cut for her too - hence leading to the ingrown problem.
So i alw depend on the pedicurist to cut my toe nails for me. Evn my dotter had to go to my pedi place twice to get rid of ingrown nail. now ok le, so i try to cut for her myself n maintain the 'shape'

Yawn,

I think you are probably the only anonymous one around... ;P

I met quite a few once, tam and stylo numerous times and had lunch with stylo once... planning to meet up fairy for lunch and maybe tam after she come back from her trip if she is free...

proud.gif

fairy
I am on a pedi package at TPY... $250 for 10 sessions, think the gal mentioned some leg spa or sth at the end of it, but I didn't take note. Only go for my pedi.
I now keep my nails short so that I don't scratch my kids accidentally.

Online addiction - yah man... can go overboard but it's really cheaper to get kids' clothes online.

Will ask you along the next time we meet..I owe rona a lunch...keke.

joy
Please... I am no tai tai. In fact rona and I were saying our 'generation' are the worker bees...all we do is work work work.....

yawn/joy
I'm ok with the clothes as kids' clothes can't go wrong, but I have not bought any dresses or shoes as I am unsure re the fit. Wl take tam's advice to go for sth bigger and on SALE first...
I only buy casual stuff online for myself like tees, hoodies, capris, berms, shorts, skirts.

tam
Btw my ON skirts are a bit short for me...hehe...

snowball
Daiso - I usu go to the one at Plaza Sin. My hb used to wonder why ppl like to go there until one day he found this cord thing which is nicely designed and of crse only cost $2. Recently I bot some storage boxes whereby the design is such that the covers do not come off - v useful. Another thing that I wanna get the next time is folded paper cups...

snowball
Aug is Megasale month in KL - hehe.. I'm going next week... staying at Hilton. The strange thing is I hardly buy any kids' clothings, let's see if it'll be different this time.

I am now in HCMC for work....tailored a cheongsam there...knee length in cotton material so not formal...good to wear for occasions like jewellery fest which I went last weekend =)

I would have been very addicted to online shopping, if not for the fact I get to do some shopping on some work trips (only if I have free time at night after work, no dinner committment)...

Stylobb- I love the KL megasale...now no time to go...

I try to be very controlled re buying clothes for kids- cos they outgrow them so so so fast...shoes as well...

Stylobb and Beer- thanks for the pedicure info...so you need to wear "open-toe" shoes when going for pedicure? cos the polish will smudge if you wear your work shoes after the pedicure...I love to do my own manis and pedis, so have not signed on to any package so far, but I do like someone to pamper my feet- massage and do proper triming of nail cuticle etc...nice!

precious_gems.. understand what u r saying liao (re dd1)... she keep wanting to recapture the good old memories.. (just like before)...

mummusings... haha. or maybe i am the one that dont notice these 'strange' pp around... too engrossed in my hp srufing :p

re the egg shell, must it be RAW egg shell ? cos usually i cook hard boil egg, so the egg shell will be cooked... if its raw, do we wash it clean first (to get rid of those white that is still sticking there). Sorry to ask so many Q.. the lizards at home..is now lounging at the pull out altar tray that we used to put the extra stuff (flowers, fruits) for praying! think the goddess will be offended with raw egg shells on her tray? :p

re kids shoes.. any good brands to recommend? my fav is see kai run... my gal has been wearing hers for months and it still looks good..thinking of buying again ... but seems that no one organise overseas spree from them anymore...

tam... i thkn that even if someone do all my household chores for me.. i still wont be able to juggle... lack of creativity on how to teach kids!

yawn yawn, i have only met tam before.. to collect the siwukwaidu... did not even have the time to chat with her cos i was rushing off to my mom's pl!

snowball..ahahah.. u make me feel like taking budget to KL just for shopping! :p

beer..wow.. so u go pedi abt once a month? mommy and dd going to do pedi together sounds so nice! bonding session!
happy.gif

Hi Beer,

My 2yo DD2 also has ingrown nail problem. I did not realise until 1 day, she had a swollen toe and complain painful. Now, I trim her toenails every fortnightly to prevent her toenails from overgrowing.

Which Pedicurist can trim ingrown nails...I also want to go there.

Catching Lizards - Hey mummies, I bought this lizard trap from Home-Fix DIY shop, every easy to setup and put it at places in the house where lizards frequent. Managed to catch a few big ones. My house lizard-free for now
happy.gif
If there are renovations going on and people moving, the lizards start to patronise again....urghhhhhh

Hi Bloom,

Kids' shoes - Clarks', Osh' Kosh (they have trade-in offers) have good shoes for kids.

Sandals - Crocs. I like them as they are anti-slip and quick-dry.

KL - Actually, planned to join hb last Thu/ Fri in KL to do shopping. But, cannot go as I have guests in town
sad.gif

Thanks for sharing all the online shopping pit-stops . Now the cynerworld is getting more and more dangerous for me (and my wallets).

For me:
Book, Toys and DVDs: Barnes, Amazon, Borders, dangdang (join spree type)
I don't buy clothes online also. Once I bought a smart short from a local online shop and aiyoh, so tight and short. Cannot wear and I wasterd $15. After that dare not buy online liao.

I would like to buy for my kids though so if anyone organising any online children's clothes, let me know.
happy.gif

Lizards
I also very scared of lizards. Cockroaches I can chase after them and kill, but lizard hor, I turn and run to the opposite direction. I ever thought of killing them too, but DH says lizard eats mosquitoes so don;t touch them. Between lizards and mosquitoes, I hae the latter more. Can someone tell me if my DH is right?

KL sale:
Really very good har? I also wish to go leh. Me very very suaku already. Think the last time I went to KL was like 7 years ago??? But this weekend travelling to Penang with family (yes - the army of 3 rascals...without maid somemore...)

Stylobb - is there anywhere I must must go in Penang? I am staying at the Gurney Park Condo. Hopw its good. I am thankful for a place to cook for the 12 month old who will be celebrating her first birthday there.

Hi All,
On clothes...

The price to pay for being young and immature – was buying lots of clothes and bags, all obsolete after childbirth and quitting job. Now thinking back, a dress for a few hundred dollars can buy a good pram. An LV bag can buy a year’s supply of diapers and milk! Or a bottle of SkII essence can get me a Graco playpen at ToysRUs.

Heard that ION Orchard will also have Cotton On Kids. Hurray!!! No need to go to United Square (which is a pain - so many kids/maids/parents there and very claustrophobic).

After a disastrous pedicure that left my sole bleeding, I’m a little scared of letting a stranger handle my feet now. Told the lady not to over-use the blade (to scrape off dead skin) and she said, “no worries, the skin is very thick at the feet”. So she over-did the center part of my sole and each time I take a step, the skin stretched and it would hurt. In the end, there was a tear ‘cos she really over-did the cutting. Anyway I keep my nails short all the time, so there’s really nothing for the manicurist to shape/cut. Save lots of money not going to do nails.

Hi Fairy,

I used to only use OPI too. Unparalleled quality and colour.

Hi Tam,

What matters is that you do a good job as a blogger, spree organiser, wife, teacher and mother!

Hi Bloom,

Carters perpetually has a $20-rebate if you bring in kid’s shoes/sandals to trade in for theirs. A good deal ‘cos after the rebate, each pair at the shop (Adidas, Oshkosh) will cost around $23 to $29. I haven’t tried the egg-shells yet... But, I odn’t think you should put it on the altar itself. Maybe in one of the shelves or near the legs?

Hi Dingdong,

I am terrified of cockroaches, millipedes, centipedes and anything with more than 4 legs. Lizards are irritating but at least they run AWAY from people. (1) Had a flying cockroach charge at me before (2) Once a cockroach crawled over my neck when I was asleep and I used my hand to pull it away. The feel of the legs.... YIKES!!!! HORRIBLE!!!! (3) The ‘smell’ of cockroaches at some public toilets and foodcourts can be very strong.

Hi Yawn,

I think I'm as anonymous as you
happy.gif
happy.gif

fairy
Is the tailoring nice - your cheongsam? You have photo of it?

Shoes - Each of my kid only has a pair of slippers, sandals and going-out shoes.

Pedi - I ever wore covered pumps and my nails are ok leh.. I think they use some kind of professional topcoat that does not smudge after it's dry.

M'sia Mega sale - besides discounts, I guess some of their merchandise is different from ours...

bloom
I am also looking for kids' shoes! The Clarks ones now cost $68-75 - ah... more expensive than my shoes!!! and I gotta buy 2 pairs for the twins so didn't buy in the end.
What is kai run??? A brand?

snowball
Lizard trap? I get goose pimples just seeing that with the picture of the lizard on it.. keke
I'm v wary of going to the kitchen at night.... scared of seeing the tail flicking at some corner....

I had bad encounters with lizards (but not as bad as fairy's....)
I rmber once I was preggie, I literally jumped when I saw a lizard!
Then another time we saw one crawled under the bed in the spare room, hb/I turned the whole room upside down just to kill it.

dingdong
I think forget about local sizes... the popular ones Velvet Vase and Bonchito (?? can't rmbr the name) -- wah their clothes are for super slim gals!

Penang - How many of you going? Are you flying in?
Must must go - no leh. I enjoyed the Peranakan museum but my kids loved the pool.
yawn was there recently too. Food is cheap loh.

Lizards - to eat the flies.... that's what I was told.
Actually not just the real thing, anything with lizard motif turns me off....

KL sale - hmmmm.. cos at least can see different brands like PDI Concept stores, local shoe brands, kids' brands like SEED, Cape Cod, Miki Kids.....

precious
I bot the jumping clay, v sticky!!! I could not make anything except a S'pore flag.. my fingers got all messy and it was not easy to mould...

I wonder when Daiso will open at ION..... will be convenient for me....

Cheongsam- I choose a beige/ brown paisley design cheongsam, with chocolate brown trimming...I think as we get older (sob!), its nice to be traditional at times and wear cheongsams...of course not the bright red with shiny dragon or flower type...cheongsam in non cheongsam material and print can be quite fun and yet elegant...he he...that's what I think and I got a lot of nice comments when I wear them...

Stylobb- once I was in surabaya- there is a national chain of stores called Johnny Andreas- one hour foot massage plus pedicure only like S$10...I chose a great bright pink colour- cos feet mah, but I only had closed toe shoes, so it smudged...then I was not happy and as the polish was a "Face Shop" brand, I went to a Face Shop and bought the same colour and re-applied myself...yah, I was crazy then...ha ha...

Bats- I once had a bat that flew into my face as I walked home (I live in a estate with lots of trees and thus bats and birds)...I was totally shocked and speechless...I mean, I thought bats had sonic wave type of sound...which will reflect back to their hearing so they know what to avoid when flying...maybe I was "transparent" to a bat...ha ha...yah, to this day, I still cannot forget this encounter...

styloBB

I like Miki, Seeds label for kids. If 70% very good deal leh, can buy plus one size to stock up
I've a few padini tees. Problem is padini quality not that good, tees looked pretty worn out after a few machine wash

Have you stayed at Traders Hotel in KL before? It's near KLCC

creepy crawlies

my worst experience, a flying cockroach flew & landed on my head. Absolutey disgusting, I had to wash my hair thrice! another incident, a cockroach crawled up my lower leg in my kitchen. Yucks!

fairy
howdy to u in hcmc. yes MUST wear open toe when doing pedi. cos even when the polish looks n feel dry .. its not!
hmm... wonder whether u hv time to get a pedi in hcmc? hehe .. mayb reasonable price?

bloom
haha.. nt really bonding.. my 3 yo's 'pedi' on both times were FOC. It was just for the lady to trim out the ingrown. But my girl was pretty happy .. she likes to be 'just like mommy' and thinks she is getting a pedi.

snowball
wt a coincidence! your kid has ingrown nail too?? sori , be4 this, i alw thot that my girl is the only todd with ingrown nails. Seems like most pple were shocked that a todd cn get it.

So far, both times i let this lady trim my girl's nails - its alw FOC. I think its cos i hv been gng to her for quite long tm liao. And i was so shock that my girl nvr utter a single whine / ouch when the lady was 'working' on the ingrown nail. She took abt 15 mins or so n when it was done , it was like immediate relief for my girl. Phew! When i was trying to deal with her ingrown by myself (at home) my girl was screaming murder at me becos i think its quite painful .

So nw i am very careful to trim according to preset shape le

You cn drop me a PM if u need the name k
happy.gif

fairy
I think cheongsam that we wear has to be funky and updated version..like that expensive shop we talked about ...hehe
I dare not wear cs in case I end up looking older than my hb!! ahaha.

I don't work in Orchard but I will pass Orchard MRT on my way home, so can always drop off if needed... I'm at Tanjong Pagar area... I used to work in Orchard many years ago.

Yah, going to do pedi in KL. I'm quite apprehensive about cheap mani/pedi, must see what nail polish they use. My collick did hers in Batam and the colour changed the next day.. so scary...

Bat flew into you!! Gosh,that's so terrible.
Now that you say, I only rember once in Langkawi many years ago, we were walking back to our hotel, and we saw this white thing, I think, is a flying fox.. is that such a thing?? We looked up and we quickly ducked but it was not flying so near to us lah...

beer
I don't recall if I hv ingrown toe nail but I used to have corn at one of my toes.. it got so bad that I cut that part off.

My toe nail polish never smudged leh...

yawn
M'sia Mega sale wud be the whole of M'sia... sale months are March, August and December...
Hb is saying maybe we can drive and stay at Thistle Hotel, then go Bukit Indah to shop...

The only problem I stimes hv w/ their kids clothes is they are too complicated in terms of designs...they cannot make sth simple...

Traders - Nope but my parents and bro/fmy did. Bro said the executive floor bkfast is not as good as the 'common' one ..keke. They also ferry guests from KLCC back to their hotel free.
I like Hilton cos the rooms are nice and we can go to The Gardens/Mid Valley easily. Wl prob. gv KLCC a miss this time. Wl recce Debenhams and 1 Utama. My gfs were v happy with the Hilton when we went last year.

I also like Maya Hotel, it's a boutigue hotel and the suites are really big!

Creepy cold reptiles - I think a lizard ever dropped on me before...
And at my mom's place, cos they like to keep things, I always had a fright when I opened kitchen cabinet and there wud be this swishing movement... v horrible.
Once I had those Ikea storage boxes where there are holes at the side for you to grip to lift up, I saw the tail and the feet clinging on.. needless to say, I avoided it till it disappeared.

snowball, prob is lizard trap..u got to dispose of them!!!! i would rather they dont appear in my house...

re egg shells again..raw..OK..but can we wash them 'clean' before placing them around the house??? desperate...

re clarks, osh kosh, hahaa i am so suaku.. didn't even know where are their branches...

styloBB, clarks cost $60!!!! ??? wah.. me eyeing www.seekairun.com i got one pair last time and its lasting... cost around the same price as clarks bah (unless u go for sales design..) now they are having free domestic till aug 16...

re KL.. me suaku..never been there..is it really that many shopping??? near the airport?? i always got this crazy idea to zip in and out of msia/thailand for shopping using budget during daytime..u know.. fly in in the morning.. shop..then depart by evening and rush back to fetch my gal..ahahahaha....

fairyprincess, u must have a good figure to be able to wear cheongsam.. i dont dare to try..later pp think i am preggy! :p

beer..ahaha.. yes.. girls are so cute..always want to be like mommy.. my gal will want to wear mommy's working shoes... she never ask for pedi/mani cos i never go for them...

bloom
Kai Shoes/Eleven
How do you see the sizing under Girls? The Eleven range is for toddlers, right?
How come their sizes are so limited??
How do you order - do you use Vpost/Borderlinx for this?

1 day in KL - haha your idea is quite novel!! You can do Jetstar in 7.20am out 9pm... but will not be in time to fetch your gal...hahaha.
Arrive KLIA, take KLIA Ekspress to Sentral Station.
Have breakfast.
Take cab to Midvalley/The Gardens, shop till 5pm, take cab back to Sentral, the airport.
Airfare only SGD59... haha....
Do-able!

mummies,

need help from you ... I am looking at air tix to japan and most of the $800+ price tix are not available. Mostly left with $1k+ tix. I think its very pricey and I remember last year during october or so, there were some promotions on air tix (?).

Do u think I should buy air tix after natas (will there be air tix promotion then?) or now? I am concerned that I cant get air tix even at $1k cos I need 7 seats.

Also, I am planning to go hokkaido on free and easy. Is it advisable? I hope it will be cheaper becos my kids can just share one room with us.

stylo,
woa, the plan really sounds workable! fly out first flight and fly back in time to say good nite to the kids!

Yawn,
my colleague went jb yesterday. he said there are some sales going on. but i feel that the wares in jb not as nice as kl...

rona

I thought so too. Was in Bukit Indah mall two years ago during their mega sales. Hardly any sales leh, quite disappointing

Stylo,
The following online store is having a 5 day national day sale. 20% mark down for regular see Kai run/ eleven shoes.

www.debabyshoppe.com

Pls verify the discount if placing orders, in case my in for is inaccurate.

Traders Hotel KL
I stayed there before, rooms are very nice. But the location is a long walk from KLCC, nothing much immediately next to the hotel. There is a shuttle but it operates only within certain times.

styloBB,
For ON skirts, I buy TALL, it is knee length for me.

For the jumping clay, you need to take out a small amount, then keep kneading and stretching it for about 2 - 3 minutes, it will not be so sticky. It's texture is good for making intricate designs like these roses that Chloe made :

4337963.jpg

My husband recently bought Blu Tack of different colours for the kids, also very good !

http://blutack.com.au/creative.htm

My kids made animals using Blu Tack.

For shopping, I prefer Bangkok. I used to fly to Bangkok and stay for 1 night, just to buy clothes for my kids !

Dear mommies,
With National Day coming soon, what makes you feel like a Singaporean ?

For me :
1. I love durian and Hainanese chicken rice
2. I can read thick novels in both Chinese and English, bilingual mah
3. I can speak Singlish very well hahaha
4. In a food court or hawker centre, whenever I see a long queue, I will definitely join it, because that means good food !

Hello mummies,

I am now in europe for a short break...I really love H and M brand of clothes for adults and kids...

What defines a singaporean?
- 24 hour eating culture
- drink kopi culture
- cannot stand in-efficiencies even in the smallest things like queueing to pay for things
- proud to be associated with spore when i am abroad
I think the above defines me...

KL in a day- definitely possible- hubby and I did it once...

Poohy- now SQ has a deal to haneda airport of tokyo- onl $728- very good price in my opinion- quick, go and book...

Cheongsam- no need perfect figure- as long as no huge tummy, can carry it off well- ya, cloth design choose more modern print and length must be at kneelength, not below knee- otherwise too formal or matronly...

Hello mummies,
Didn't post here for quite some time ... but i did try to read every messages on daily basis ... enjoyable!

Initially had plan quite a number of things for this long weekend ... but had to cancel all plans after DS was downed with HMFD this morning :-(

When he came back telling me two of his classmates downed with hmfd early this week, I had been dutifully checking him every day. When he told me his another classmate was sent home after having rashes ... was huhhh ... what's wrong with the parents???

Sure enough, fever started yesterday and all the blisters started to show this morning :-Honestly, I was very, very angry with the inconsiderate parents, after knowing the kid was actually with rashes (for the second day without seeing doctor) and they still send him to school, how can they do that???

... sorry ... please bear with me ... need to vent a bit ...

Hi Tam,

Very nice roses made by Chloe. She sure is very good with handicrafts
happy.gif

Traders Hotel KL - My hb stayed there during his recent biz trip there. Its near to his office but not so near to KLCC. We stayed at Ascott KL when we were there last year, its just opp KLCC.

What makes me feel a S'porean?

1. Food available all 24/7. S'poreans can never go hungry.

2. Chilli Crab, Durians, Hainanese Chk Rice

3. Kopitiam kopi is anytime hundred times better than those from Starbucks/ Coffee Beans

Hi aa - I understand your frustration. Both my DDs are in CC. They both kena HFMD just about 3 mths back. This was my DD1's 3rd attack in 3 yrs. Last week, my DD1 was down with viral fever, brot her to c dr. Dr chked her very thoroughly and mentioned that HFMD got new strain again. So, he is chkg on her to make sure its not ano/r attack. Luckily its not....phewwww.

For your DS, do let him drink lotsa cooling drink and let him eat cold food - Yogurt, jelly, cold milk, etc. The mouth uclers will be too painful if he takes hot/ warm food.

Bloom,
me too. Nvr been to KL for shopping. My one n only trip to KL was more than 15 years ago. Sound so tempting hor, fly in n out of KL In one day, just to shop. Any mummy volunteer to organize such a trip, I will be the first to sign up
happy.gif

poohy,
don't know when will be a good time to book the tickets, but there was a news report that says air ticket for year end travel will increase due to the recovery of economy, which sees an increase in air travel demand.

Tam,
thanks for taking time to meet up with me. Heng ah, dd1 went thru book 1 n 2, n seem to manage them quite well, but book 3 taboleh. As I said, she's really below her P2 standard. Mummy will have to work hard on it.

Happy,
can understand your frustrations. WHat is the school's policy regarding keeping sick children at home? Hope your ds recover soon.

Happy holidays, mummies!!

aa,
that's why we are here mah! Ok, i'm not trying to defend the parents, maybe when they bring the kids home, the kids were then handled by the maids and then being maids, they prob think rashes is due to sensitive skin or something, and since no fever, so didn't alert the parents and so they continue to go school? just one scenrio...

But yah lor, very heartache to see the kids fall sick. sometimes i see kids coughing badly in my gal's cc i also get very worried.

Please ensure that your DS have lots of fluid. if he has ulcers in the mouth, you can consider giving him ice-cream to numb the pain before giving him very watery porridge - add in a pinch of salt - cool porridge please, let him have it after the ice-cream. don't worry about the ice water that you need to give him, better to have him well hydrated then not. Not sure if Manuka Honey will help, cos i've not tried it nor hear anyone using , but you can also consider it. at the very least, it will soothe the sore throat.

Hey Mummies,

I went to Metro Sale at Expo today. Crocs got good grabs there. Bought 3 pairs of Crocs sandals with more than 50% discounts each for my hb & kids.

There is also Borders Expo sale there, got a few storybooks there for my kids too.

Fairy,
envy you leh - short break in europe. I like H&M, too. Whereabout in Europe are you? Most cities having summer sale now. I also like to hunt for bargains at zara n mango.

Back