A fresh new thread to locate SAHM of yr2006?

cutie

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1668808.html?1220015381

Popular is selling about $2.80 each before 10 - 20 %discount. I bought about 50 books from Malaysia few years ago at about SG2 too.
happy.gif

CY & cutie
i hv some of the pelangi titles too but i feel that not all r interesting or may appeal to your child's interests etc so i prefer to skim thru the story at Popular then choose those that r more interesting.

re alex toys
i'm keen on the sand art one. Any mummy knows if they r the same as those that i always see kids dabbling in at the shopping malls...u know where they set up corners for kids to glue coloured sand onto pics of animals etc? how much r those? those r definitely for older kids?

http://www.alextoys.us/catalog/productdetail.asp?t_dept_id=1000&dept_id=1006&pfid=747&large_image=1000_large.gif&small_image=1000_small.gif&tiny_image=1000_tiny.gif

Cheri
There are set-up corners at Parkway, Junction 8, United Square, IMM level 3 outside Daiso... most big shopping malls should have. Price above $6

Window Art is also another interesting activity to do. Once art piece is dried, can then paste onto mirrors, fridge, tiles, windows and etc.

cheri,

remember the pelican pic i posted earlier...it is sand art. just tear out the pc bit by bit and pour colourful sand on it. shake away excess and it's done. zy likes to shake out the sand and spread it on the pic while i will peel out section by section.

cheri
Ya I confused some ppl! hahhaha! Ohya, I will let u gals knw if Mon is on cos I'm feeling abit like gonna fall sick feeling today...

Get-Together cum Baby Shower For Kieran
Venue: 14 Countryside Walk
Date: 1st September 2008
Time: 4.30pm
Program: Pot-luck/playground/sand play
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1) Elmo n S
2) cheri & N
3) Pebbles and C
4)

elmo
for a moment i thought u had delivered also.. hehe..

other BP forums
other then this forum, are there any other forums where we can buy from BP?

bleeding gums during pregnancy
any mums experience this during preg? everytime i brush my teeth, my gums will bleed , and it can be quite a scary sight to see! before preg, i didnt have such a problem
sad.gif

esther,

it is normal. my gums swell and bleed easily when preggie. was told my dentist it is due to hormones.

my gums aren't as good now after 2 pregnancy. now trying to heal them.

CG
r those malls one oso sand spread & pasted on, section by section, by peeling them away? same as cutie's type?

cutie
how much did u buy the pelican sand art for? how many pieces in one pack?

how r u healing ur gums now? in wat way?

esther
me too...my gums r not as strong now...dentist says it's due to preg & bfg etc. he only advises flossing & a toothpaste for gum but i dun find the toothpaste very effective leh.

esther
think singapore brides, cozyXXX oso has bp..wat kinda bps r u looking for?

elmo
we may not b able to turn up too cos hb has to send his car in for repair...we were involved in a chain collision yest sigh! The car in front of his & ours managed to stop in time but the taxi behind us din...so in the end all kena...think abt 6 cars in total.

cheri
Oh dear, 6 cars in total!!! Is ur hb's car badly damaged? No one is hurt right?!

cheri,pebbles
Then we shall arrange for another time ya.

cheri
thks for the link. those that we can slowly browse and shop at the comfort of our homes, just like the BP forum here.

oh, so many mummies here also have bleeding gums during preg. I thought my teeth were gonna drop out soon, so scary! I have been drinking milk and takin calcium supplements everyday , but still have bleeding gums.

Esther
Bleeding gums during pregnancy is common.
G has very bad gum problems, and have to pay $20K for gum treatment.
Regular check-up at dentist is therefore very important.
Try to avoid coffee, tea, soft drinks and sweet foods.

Cheri
Oh ya, that sounds serious?
Are you and your family ok?
Yesterday was a heavy rain!
You may want to check it out at IMM, as they have other interesting activities too, besides sand art.

ANY MUMMIES KEEN TO BRING YOUR CHILD TO WATCH <font color="ff6000">THE RAINBOW FISH</font> TOMORROW, 1 SEPT @ 11am @ ALLIANCE FRANCAISE THEATRE?
Helping a friend to sell, $33 for one adult and one child. Do sms me if you are keen.

Mummies
Not sure if any of u seen this or already got this...bought this at Suntec on weekend. Thought it's a pretty good multi-activities in a box...20games. They actually have many other games, don't mind getting them also.
1677493.jpg

CG
Ya she will follow the instructions. It's really worth it..it's 2 for $10. The other one I bought is the balancing toys. Should have check out other sorting toys instead. It's Harris fair..think Popular is under them cos saw Popular items.

cheri,
this is wat the aussie dentist told me. as our gums swell, food get stuck in it easily. slowly and surely, tarter built up and worsen the situation. so the gums continue to swell even more and the cycle goes on....

dental floss and tooth brushing have it's limitation in reaching beyond surfaces.

i undergo 3 gum treatments ie to get a jab to numb my gums while the dentist clean it throughly thru her feel. at times, she can even dig out some cavities to show me. after treatment, my gums will slowly heal nicely, turned pinkish. but i have to keep up the good work or the cycle will return. i have to floss and use tiny brush to brush between the teeth before i brush my teeth and rinse with mouth wash....just keeping up take more than 8 mins each night but wat to do.

fyi...once gums healed, they shrinked ie holding the teeth firmly. i had went to few dentists in SG, they basically brushed away the subject and believe it heals when hormones stablised. but for my case, i didn't and went from bad to worse.

for the sand art, i paid about $6.95 for a pack of 2, A4 size. i got it from a closing down artshop in town.

elmo &amp; cg
thank God! We r all fine though all 3 of us were in the car. J cannot imagine if we were still driving our small Mazda car. Not badly damaged though front &amp; back both kena...luckily still under warranty but hopefully wun affect his NCB too much..his first accident in 22 years! It was not raining then. Just our luck.

elmo
I got N that same sorting toy too when she was abt 1 years old, i think. I kept the cards though but she enjoys sorting them by colours or shapes. Mayb i should take those cards out again for her but i doubt she can sort according to the cards hehe

cutie
is the jab cleansing treatment painful? i'm dreading my dental visits really cos it's so painful!

Elmo
We got the same sorting set too. $5. I was at Suntec on Sat too. Went for Comex and really hated the crowd but no choice cos hb wanted to go. Saw the sales at Harris too. Ya, Harris is under Popular, but hoh, sometimes price can be different at both stores for the same item. Eg. I got C some IQ sets, each set is about $2-3 dollars difference.

CG
$20k? Gosh, that's a lot of money just to spend on gums. Need to follow up with other costly treatments after that?

Cheri
So scary to hear about the collision but thankfuIly all of you were alright. Was N affected by the horrified experience?

cheri
it's scary to read abt the accident.
I had a simialr accident.
i was alone and i was the last of a 9-car chain accident.
i as pregnant then.
scary.
after thati had phobia for a while...

cg
how is sha?
is her rash better?
hope her fever is subsiding.
i nvr take chance when the kids are unwell due to some scary experiences.

ning was down with fever for more than 5days. she was given fever med and fever come n go.
when it persisted went to kk for blood test and we had to go soooo many times cos each time test for blood count n it's dropping so had to assess the cause... in the end had to do blood culture when dengue etc all ruled out...

kai had HFMD and it was very sad cos when i called up KK i was told not to go there as will ass on to other kids.
was told to monitor fever n give him med accordingly.

cheri,
it will be very sensitve and painful without the jab to numb the gums. after cleaning, my gums are sore but it will heal in few days....u can see the diff. i try to eat more Vit C to promote healing...

Cutie
Reading of ur gum treatment make my hair stand...

cheri
Glad that all of u are fine!

Pebbles
I was at Suntec on Friday, was very crowded also.

pebbles &amp; cat
actually the impact wasn't that great cos the taxi driver behind us was trying his best to stop in time. N was v curious abt wat's happening outside after that as my hb &amp; the other drivers had to take pics &amp; note down one another's particulars etc. I used this opportunity to tell her that it's wif God's blessing that we're all fine &amp; reiterated the imptance of the car seat to her &amp; praised that cos she was in the car seat, she's fine etc haha. She kept asking us wat happened to papa's car...why accident? why taxi driver knocked papa's car...i had to repeat umpteen times. Does this happen to ur tots now? they keep repeating themselves &amp; ask the same questions over &amp; over again? Hee maybe they like listening to themselves talk...

Cat
Miraculously, there was no more rashes nor fever after her nap yesterday.
Earlier we took Holy Communion together, and then applied the anointing oil on her while she was napping.
Brought her to watch The Rainbow Fish this morning, this time round, she seemed to enjoy and we watched till the end.
Now I'm praying she shall gain back her appetite.

elmo/cheri,
i hate gg to dentist too...had bad experience when i was young. still remember the nurse gave me a really painful jab and pulled out my teeth when i was primary six. the best part was i had no choice....just summonned me to go to the room and pop out my teeth.

my gums have been affecting me for few years, so i am glad that at least it's improving. fyi, gum problems never healed, they can only be put on control but can always come back to haunt me again if i drop my guard.

elmo,

Its very little no need to pay me
happy.gif
happy.gif

Cutie,
Wow... listening to your gum problem really makes my hair stand... if i remember correctly, my gums do bleed a little when i brush them when I was preg with caitz. I remembered i had this tooth that by itself had a hole... i didnt know about it until one day i used my tongue to feel my teeth and found out about it. Went to the dentist to patch it up and asked how come? he said lack of calcium thats y... hmm... i better start taking care of them now otherwise next pregnancy its gonna be worst! hehe luckily we have a dentist in the family now.. anything can just consult her hehehe
happy.gif

urgh..all these dentist stories really irk me...how i wish someone can invent a silent 'drill' thingy for these dentists to use...i hate the noise it makes when it's cleaning our teeth...yes, some magical numbing gel that will take away the pain of cleaning etc once applied would be great too! hahhahaa

Hey pebs
Knw you are an expert on musical instrument. what is the price range of a 2nd hand kawai (dunno the spelling) K10 piano? it is supposed to be some exam model...

anyone any idea? someone offered us at $4000 (original $8000) ...

CY
Is this a reconditioned piano? Must check the serial number and then you will know exactly how long the piano has been from the website or shop. I rather pay for a reconditioned piano than an indonesia's assembled piano ( the cheap series from Yamaha) or etc. I sold off my exam model cos facing the tall height so many years makes me and my space feel so small. Haha, I like everything to be small small. I even wanted to buy a 26" tv but relented and compromised to have a 32"tv in the living area. Every time my hb will grumble when he sees bigger tv at the shops. When I watch programmes, I will adjust the screen to 1/4 of the 32" for myself. I dun enjoy going cinemas cos the screen is too big for my eyes. Dunno if you know what I mean....keke. Hee, think I am off topic. Exam series do not mean the quality is better than non-exam series. The made and touch is imperative.

Another German brand Schimmel is really lovely and I will love to get it for C if she can pass Gr.5 at least, provided if I have stopped online shopping addicition. wahaha.

HAve you finished packing up? show us pics?
happy.gif

Yo pebs..
thankie for the info..eh, 'made and touch' are way outta the range for us...kekekek...the piano actually was supposed to come with an apartment we just bought. so we are deciding if we want to keep it or not..

hb wanted to know for a 'learning piano' for kiddoes, how much are you willing to pay? think shauna bought hers recently for 2.5k?assuming we cant (or dunno how to) test the quality lah..

how do you reduce the size to 1/4 of 32''? isnt it a lil small?

packing ah..kekeke..not completed yet. still need to get some miscellaneous stuff. it will take forever leh.but the playroom is up, still looking a bit cluttered. prob is the playyard that we bought, now there's a room, i really dunno what to do with the play yard
sad.gif

Elmo
There used to be a BP for the bb food cubes.
Selling at $8.90
Maybe you can try to post under "WTB"

Mummies
I just created another new account. here's CG

CG
dun tell me you are preggie!!!! that's plural!!!!

elmo
very mah fan hor. now have to prepare for a newborn all over again!!! prob is now you know what to do and the tasks seem insurmountable.

i was thinking of washing and sanitising all newborn toys from cy's time, but looking at the pile, sian liaozz.....now all my day offs are spent packing packing....

CY
Ya man, gotta dig out everything again...feel like dejavu! Now I got the "What To do" list n "What To Buy" list. The last time I didn't get the baby cubes instead I got individual containers...abit too big n troublesome. So thought of getting one this time.

CY
I suggest you go for reconditioned piano from kawai and yamaha. Can get a decent one around 3k and better than the new bottom range.
happy.gif
And these jap brands have higher resale value than others definately, in case you need to sell or upgrade.

My TV can adjust to different sizes. I like 1/4 of 32" TV, my poor C has to follow suit.

elmo
I prefer to use tupperware individual cubes. Less contamination since no need to take out the whole tray and tupperware's quality is good keke. And where they are older, I use the individual small containers to freeze the chix stock, one dish meals for C, etc.

CG
Good luck! Are you planning a 2009's baby?

CG,
u are planning!! best wishes too....welcome to the club of busier mummies. it's tiring but it will be fulfilling later.

Back