A fresh thread looking for JURONG mummys...

Hihi

I would like to join your FB group too. But who can I look for to PM my email bcos I dun want to put my personal email addy this the thread.

Many thanks in advance!

Hello Pinky Sheepy, I just added you. Btw, I find u familar, think I saw u in the lift b4!
happy.gif

Hi everyone,

I am staying in Jurong West st 81. Have been in this area for years since 1999
happy.gif

I have four children studying in Juying Primary School and Jurong Calvary School.

I find it hard to connect with mummies from the forum as I dont usually come in to check msg and not at the desk always.

Please add me in the facebook and hope we can interact better from there.

Cheers

Eileen

Butterwaffles, maybe i might b able recognise u if I see your photo. There r so many familiar faces that we met at our block, just that we dunno one another formally.

Pinky Sheepy, yes, I sent u a friend request liao. FB din reflect? I send u my request again and Pmed in your FB too. Let me noe if u din receive. Thanks.
happy.gif

Griny, got ur request, already approve bu not using phone cannot add u to our group

I recognise u also, but tink long time nv see u liao, tot u move away le....haaaaa

Nat, are you looking at kindergartens or childcare?? Both i'm not sure ah...My kids are at PCF Sparkletots at 987D, near pioneer mrt station....

Nat, then you should go to kiasuparents forum. Wealth of info there! But u need time to read through lor. There's a very popular PCF kindergarten at blk 661B (or isit 662?? lol). Kindergartens have premium and non premium. I think premium means slightly higher fees bcos extra stuff is included, like cookery...

Nat, personally i find it tough to get feedbackl and info on PCF. Cos there are so many branches, teachers may change, principals may change. Quite volatile i feel. If u can't get anything off the web and u have the time, u can try hanging around the PCF around 4.30-5pm and speak to the parents/grandparents who are fetching the kids? Else around 10am, where u can actually look in and kepo, see what the kids are doing
happy.gif
The concept is pretty open, anyone walking by will be able to see...

hi, anyone of of your kids is in jurong calvery kindergarten? Can I have some comments or feedbacks on this school?

JCK? A good kindy. They have nice and patient teachers, various programs eg computing, arts, music, gym etc...

They even hold 2D1N camping for K2 kids. Regular outings for al levels.

However, balloting is required for new Nursery kids.

Attention!! If you are looking for childcare at jurong west area eg jurong west extension and around jurong point - they are all fully booked! Even the newly opened for 1 week childcare centres are fully booked! Its best that you see the MP!! Which i just did to get one I am not joking!!

I am talking abt bby born in 2010 - no childcare n infant care available.... Anyway if u are really looking for one n cant get one try see the MP

hi Rahman, i think all the CC and those pre-nursery at our area are full. I registered my son in one year in advance at those 3hr pre-nursery, he is also born in 2010.

It is important to visit the childcare and get to know the principal, teachers and environment.

I was selected to put my child in Sparkletots under my block, however, I did not took it up because the principal is in mid-twenties and didn't appear experienced when I asked her questions. The teachers looked unsure and a number of them are foreigners.

Also, I didn't have a good experience with a mid-high priced CC in our area as well. It began quite well initially till I need to transfer my child to another CC. The principal feedback to me that my child could have speech problem and also hyperactive issue which I was very concern after. However, when I enrolled him to the new CC and told them about the feedback, the new principal requested to see my child and after observation for two weeks, she called me personally and explained to me that my child is normal, and that it is common that toddlers often have differing strengths and weaknesses and will balance off with other children once they reach Kindergarten. And indeed it is true, my child progresses very quickly in the past 6 mths and probably one of the fastest among his peers.

I am sharing this because I like to highlight that it important to select the childcare carefully as it is a long term place for your child. It is not about the price and cirriculum but really who will be taking care and nurture your child. Nevertheless, it has to balance off with your other commitments. it is tough.

Hi jurong mummies,

I'm Pebbles Wee, have 2 kids one in K2 and Pri 2 this coming year 2013. I stays at jurong west st 93.

Would like to join the FB group.
happy.gif

anyone knows of home tuition near my place for primary 2?

Any one knows at good student care or nannies at jurong west? Only look after in the morning and bring him to school?

Hi,

Anyone is keen to join a music class at Blk 674 (previous Summer Kindergarden premise)?

Monday, 10 sessions, 8pm to 845pm.
$260
Parents drop off.
For 2 years n above, or if older kid 5yrs n above with no prior music background.

http://www.kindermusikwithlovestudios.com.sg/about-us/

We currently have 4 kids and require one more to start.
PM me if you need more infor or want to contact the music teacher personally.

Back