2WW - for those TTC-ing

Left over spermies being leaked out after BD, me too lei, thou this is norm? No? Oh oh...

But so many spermies, all suppose to go in meh?

I also tried to get my hb to hold my legs over my head after BD, to help spermies to 'swim' faster...ha ha

howblur
oh ic ... yah loh... before u told me about the leaking, i also tot that it's not good ah.... am worried about this too ....

although just one sperm will do the job, that one sperm also got to be very strong leh ... then only it can survive and swim all the way to the egg ah ....

**maybe i shouldnt be worry so much**

what do u mean by poking pain ah ??

Hey Ladies,
don't worry too much about the "leaking". Read the exerpt I have gotten from the net.

" During a male ejaculation, there are anywhere between 60 million and 500 million sperm that have a go at the 'big race'. They cross the collar of the uterus pretty much within ten minutes. Only about 100 to 200 of the 'chosen ones' will arrive at the most strategic place. "

It's normal. The lifting of the legs is just to ensure as many of the sperms get into the uterus. But most will not make it in.

Good luck! Hope this eases your worries.
happy.gif

hi liz
thanks for your infor.
happy.gif

hey ... so by which DPO will start to have symptons ah ??

This is my 3rd month ttc'ing liao... hope to strike leh .... every month when see AF, so sianz and disppointing too .... hope that my wait is not too far away ah. .

hi wannababy... ya.. liz is rite.. something like that lar...but then i got the same thinking as you... of cos as many as possible to swim better rite... cos only 1 will get choosen... haha.. let more swim in for the egg to choose... heehee... btw.. you also use this method of lifting up you leg after BD... should be quite effective as i heard from many ladies saying.. my friend taught me this too... then the rest is like luck and fate lo... then i always thought if i lift my leg and maintain in that position longer.. will there be better chance... but itchy leh... so cannot tahan lo.. go bathe...

hmm.. poking pain means like got something poke from inside the abdomen lo.. but not those very painful kind.. can tahanable one... just uncomfortable lo.. sometimes will have sharp pain, but last maybe few seconds lo... then got pressure near V there... not the hole.. the lowerest part of abdomen bah... dunno how to call that area!! this is what i worried about.. cos whenever my AF coming.. i got this kind of pressure... i hope is normal...

howblur
yah .. I got used this method of lifting up my leg after BD since my 2nd cycle of ttc'ing loh....

I just do it v long.. hee .. but still no good news leh ... wa... the 2ww is v torturing leh .... going crazy liaoz...

u got ask ur gynae mah ? y got this poking pain one ?

Oh.... i remembered for my previous 2 cycles of ttc'ing ... got the cramp on either the left or right side also .... also not sure what it is leh ... but this time round till now, no pain yet leh ...

WannababyHa ha yap. Hate the waiting. Now Im also waiting but am waiting for my O day so that I can try. Really hope that I will be able to succeed this cycle cos my hubby on biz trip the whole of next month so got to shelf the ttc for 1 to 2 months. After his biz trip got reservist shake head

Hey howblur, pregnant women pee often because the uterus is pressing on their bladder. Maybe your uterus still not big enough yet. So dont worry. Have fun at the docs visit tonight! Hope it will be my turn soon.
happy.gif

Btw, can ask you ladies some questions, how often do you BD before the ovulation day? And how many days do you abstain before the O day?

wannababy.. tonite then i seeing the gynae... so will post some questions to him... hopefully i can remember what i suppose to ask.. have been quite absentminded these few days!!!

liz
Um... yah... really got to shelf off the ttc for quite sometime since your hubby will be gg on biz and followed by reservist .... Nvm lah.. just try!! :p

me BD continuously near BD one ... although they say got to alternate BD days.... but also got some say everyday BD. SO dunno which one is which loh.... I dunno, so everyday BD also ... heee just before O and on O day ...
happy.gif

howblur
okie..... try to remember to ask ur gynae whatever u can remember... hear from you tomorrow.
happy.gif

Hi howblur,

I got poking pain at the abdomen area and giddy spell. like howblur, i am tested positive on my test kit.
so i happily went to see gynae to confirm the pregnancy just now.
But the gynae's test kit showed that i am negative.
I am so sad... was so happy yest... today made me so sad...what should i do...

Hi

I wondered if the signs will come so early or not? I felt warm in my abdomen and sometimes got thumping actions. Anyone who has tested pregnant had encountered this on only 3rd days past ovulation?

Hi Linda

There cannot be a false positive. You are definitely pregnant. Maybe the test kit you used is more sensitive than the one they used in the clinic. How many days have you missed your menses? Test again with Clearblue digital. It is very accurate. But, I wanna say again.. you are definitely pregnant

Hi Linda,
Did you ask the gynae to do a blood test? It is a more accurate way of determining if you are pregnant.

Btw, did you check with the gynae on how that's possible since you tested positive the day before.

Anyway, hope that it is good news for you.

hi ladies... yupp... last nite got confirmation with gynae that i am promoting soon... so happy and the gynae keep talking until i forgot to ask him what i wanna ask!!! btw.... now still got v discharge is it normal?? as for the abdomen poking pain, he said is normal.. and everywhere pain eg. giddy spell, etc.. are normal but provided no bleeding..

linda.. the clinic may use those cheaper kind of test kit. that's why not so sensitive.. maybe you should wait for few more days and retry using clearblue again, if positive then go gynae again.. during this period dun eat or do anything that is likely to harm foetus.. just in case you really pregnant.... for my case.. the gynae didnt ask me to retest again.. he just scan on my abdomen only...

magpie2... i cant remember if i have the same experience as you or not leh... if you got this feeling. maybe you should be careful and take precaution... sounds strike... good luck to you.,..

hey magpie2
i also feel that leh .... or dunno izzit becos of the bloated stomach i have ah .... and v warm inside too ...
do u still have sticky EWCM?? This morning i went to loo and noticed that suddenly got alot of sticky ewcm today leh ....

Hi Linda
once u tested positive, cant be that you are not pregnant leh .... Think u better test again with clearblue digital, more accurate ... like wat magpie2 mentioned....

howblur
wa..... congrats to you that you have promoted leh .....
by which day u start to have this kind of discharge ah ?? what colour is your discharge??

Hi Linda,

Once, my gp told me that, a lady tested negative at her clinic but tested positive at the opposite clinic (on the same day). So, dun be sad. Maybe the doc u went to, the tester not accurate.

My sis in law, 4 mths pregnant that time, oso tested negative at polyclinic.

Agreed with the gals, test again.

wannababy.... my discharge seems to always there.. not much lar.. is transparent to pale yellowish colour... sometimes have sometimes no, and sometimes just like normal women that is not pregnant lo... any problem?? do let me know if you know something ya... cos i thought once pregnant should not have any discharge liao mah...

ya linda... you should hold on and retest again.. during this period take precaution as if you are pregnant... just in case... i believe you are... btw.. you tested at home rite.. how is the line?? very dark or feint??

howblur
I thought that pregnant should still have discharge one mah ... wont be dry one leh ....

for me hor .... is from O till now ... on and off got discharge leh ... some day suddenly got alot and other days dont even have.... i also dunno how come like tat ?? tot after O should not have much discharge already ah..

Hey wannababy, sounds like good news.
happy.gif
read below.

howblur, the discharge is caused by the hormone that the baby/placenta that is producing when you are pregnant. It affects the mucus secretions in the body. Thus, you should have discharge.
happy.gif
You should be able read up more in the pregnancy books and online. the hormone is called HCG, if I don't remember wrongly.

wannababy... is it.. i didnt know leh.. haha.. cos my thinking is since the womb already occupied.. then shouldnt have discharge liao... okie. if is normal then at least i set my mind at ease.. forgot to ask the gynae... me also same as you... after o some days have a lot some days quite clear...

oh. thanks liz for your best info.. heehee...

liz
oh but the discharge i dunno how to differentiate what it is leh ... hee... and now in 2ww only leh ... body where got so fast got reactions one ?? :p I am just wondering only loh..

howblur
i have got a colleague who is preggy now tells me so one leh ... should still have alot of discharge one ... so the vagina area not dry one ... got the kind of wet feeling leh ...

especially after O day .... how come still have alot of discharge one leh ... makes us blur blur hor ??

wannababy
the hormone is produced the moment that conception occurs. but the levels are very low thus, it cannot be detected in the urine. that's why must have 2ww when the hormone is high enough to be detected in the urine.

Also dunno how to tell the diff. Learn abt this stuff through reading books and the net. And hope that my memory don't fail me. Try to google for this term "Human chorionic gonadotropin" or "early symptoms of pregnancy"

Anyway, don't fret too much. How many days more before the 2ww is over? Hope it's good news for you.
happy.gif
still desperately waiting for my O day. only in CD13. Hate waiting.
sad.gif

Good morning!!

It's great to see the thread so active.

Wannababy, how many days are you past ovulation le? Me also in 2ww.. Today is only 4th day passed ovulation. I don't have discharge. Quite dry below. Liz, is it no hope for me or it's too early to tell?

howblur, congrats again. how many weeks pregnant are you in le? When is your last menstruation date? Your due date is in March?

Hey Magpie, don't worry too much.

It really differs from person to person. What I have read is if you have that discharge symptom, the hormone is the cause of it.

It doesn't mean that if you have no discharge, you are not pregnant so don't be disheartened.
happy.gif

liz
guess got to read up more liao .... but hor, the more i read, the more stressful i get leh ... haha ... I hope to relax myself more rather than to be panicky leh ..

actually i dunno how long more leh ... this month i'm on TCM ah .... and my temp throughout till now... my sinseh says seems like may have O liao... but seems like got another O period ... aiyo.. he just tell me to just BD throughout the supposingly O period ah ... so I also dunno ... haha... v v blur !! I only know that i'm in my 2ww... that is all leh ...

oh ... u in your CD13? I can understand the wait for the O day ... u dun wanna miss any chance loh.. and only got like 12 times in a yr ... for some, got lessor somemore due to long cycle also ... hope to past tat stage on every cycle leh...

magpie2
hee ... i dunno my DPO in which day .. only know in my 2ww... everything that happen now onwards feels like a '???' to me loh.... i guess have to take it easy leh .... since i dun even know my DPO ah. . hee..

maybe still got chance... i dunno how many weeks mine is... i asked the gynae but he too fast in explaining things to me.. so didnt tell me how many weeks lo.. but i see the scan print mine should still be quite early...

but something puzzeling.. you see ar.. every woman got 2WW after O rite.. then i got a friend who tested at home and found she pregnant when she miss AF for 2 days.. then she went gynae.. but her gynae said her foetus is 5 mths??? got such thing meh?? thought should be only 2 weeks and 2 days only?? how come got 5 months??

howblur
haha.. u v excited lah ... till the gynae keeps toking that u also never catch wat he says leh .. hee

um... how could it be ?? Of maybe your friend forgotten that her menses was missed more than the 2 days ?? maybe already missed for months ??? or even maybe the menses come liao, but she already preggy ??
so many many factors leh ... hard to say one also ...

wannababy.... could be lo.. but during preggy still got AF then is quite dangerous.. and she is the active kind lo... haha.. me also not sure lar.. just curious how they count the "age" of the bb inside the womb... maybe there's an equation... which mathes teacher never teach.. haha

ya.. i very excited.. while waiting i still remember what i wanna ask.. but inside keep listening to the gynae explaining and cracking jokes.. until i forget...

howblur
yah .... sure it will be dangerous one leh .... plus if she so active kind hor.. may not realise that she's preggy bah ....

haha ... for the equation ... dunno how it's like one leh.... haha.. go back to school and ask the maths teacher.....

got to jot down one ah .... else sure forget one ... for me hor... every wk when go see my sinseh... i got to write down wat i wanna ask.... else, sure in the end forget one leh... heee...

esp pregnant women more forgetful one.. :p

ya.. last nite also too tired.. by time is our turn to see gynae is already 10+pm... too tired also.. haha.. finding excuses for my absentmindedness... heehee

btw ladies.. i was wondering when i should inform parents and PIL.... and also colleagues and friends?? heard people said within 3 months better dun announce cos bb pandang.. i also very scare announce this good news... how ar

howblur
i think hor .. inform parents and PIL is ok one ....
only that colleagues and friends dont say first loh... cos pandang.... until 3 months up then tell them .. heee ...

but i think hor, depend on ur comfortable level one lah.. if u ok, then no need to worry so much loh... just tell loh...

wannababy,
ya loh. I very scare to miss O day cause I'm on medication. So only got 2 more rounds to go then I got to go for complicated procedures. so I am hoping to get everything right so that I can increase my chances of succeeding this cycle.

ay... I also very stress and panicky over ttc. have been trying for more than 1.5 years liao... sometimes also dunno what to do to keep my mind of it.

howblur, think do what you comfortable with lah. but don't see any harm with telling parents and PIL. then they can cook "bu" stuff for you and baby.
happy.gif

wannababy,
ya loh. I very scare to miss O day cause I'm on medication. So only got 2 more rounds to go then I got to go for complicated procedures. so I am hoping to get everything right so that I can increase my chances of succeeding this cycle.

ay... I also very stress and panicky over ttc. have been trying for more than 1.5 years liao... sometimes also dunno what to do to keep my mind of it.

howblur, think do what you comfortable with lah. but don't see any harm with telling parents and PIL. then they can cook "bu" stuff for you and baby.
happy.gif

so you both think is ok to inform P and PIL? dunno leh.. i dun feel comfortable.. TTC not easy lo.. my precious leh... i pandang.. but hubby said if sometimes i feel tired or uncomfortable and dun wanna visit them for a week or what.. must have a reason to tell them mah.. if not scare they not happy cos didnt visit them without valid reason.... so i thought if inform around 1.5 to 2 mths should be ok bah???

btw.. another question... tomorrow i suppose to company my SIL to hospital as she need more company... now i am wondering if i should go or should i avoid these places??

Congrats howblur on ur success pregnancy. Enjoy ur 9 month journey.

I suppose if you are tired then dun accompany ur SIL lor. Rest more important for you at the 1st trisemster mah.

actually i took half a day leave and after that intended to return back to office for work cos got work deadline the sane day.... so if i dun company her i also be back to work lo..

on one hand i felt guilty if i dun company her as i promised her if she needs my company she just inform me.. so seems like must honoured my words leh.. then is like she is sick then now i fly aeroplane is it a bit cruel??? tho bro going with her lar..... guilty lor... then on the other i worried i not enough rest or walk too much cos is my 1st trimester mah... must rest more... so dunno how...

howblur... just do what you feel comfortable with loh. don't fret over small things... if don't feel comfortable abt going then don't go loh. BB more impt but let you brother or SIL know your concerns....
Enjoy your pregnancy!

liz
oh ic .. u've been ttc-ing for quite sometime liao... but seriously agree with the torturing period which u have to face each and every month ..... after being disappointed somemore....

i hope that you can strike this month... hee....

howblur
like wat liz say, i also agree loh... just be comfortable to do wat u want... dont think abt small little things... if u dont feel good, just dont go... else u go liao, also the same mah rite ???
just let your SIL know wat u thinking loh... she wont blame u becos of this small matter one ....
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

the gynae i went to did not want to scan for me. she said too early, cant see anything. i missed my menses for 4 days. so she asked me whether i wanna to take my urine test again. i gong gong and agree. she said wait for 2 weeks, see my menses will come or not. she said if not successful implantation, then it will become menses. (got medical term for it, but i cant rem)

anyway, this morning, i retest by using clearblue. it is positive. I book to see a gynae and her next available date is in mid july.
shd i see a gynae these few days or wait till july.

howblur,
ur gynae scanned for u. u missed how many days menses?

my colleague told me her gynae scanned for her when she visited the gynae when she just discovered her pregnancy.

hi linda
wa... seems like the dr's clinic preg kit is not accurate one leh....

cant be u tested 2 times can detect and yet the dr's clinic preg kit cannot detect leh ???

I think u better wait to see ur gynae since u have fixed ur appointment liao loh.... , if u can wait ....

Hi ladies

Is it possible that bbt maintains same for few days? My bbt has always been 36.67 since after ovulation. Strange... How can bbt be so constant? Moreover, I am using double decimal place thermometer. Should be accurate mah...

Hi Linda

Clearblue is very accurate. Congrats on your pregnancy!I think scanning is just to see the baby sac. However, yours is still very small cos you have only missed for 4 days. For meantime, what you can do is to start taking folic acid and rest more. I suggest you wait for 2 weeks then go back to the gynae. Don't worry, you are definitely pregnant now.

magpie2
i remembered that the 1st cycle of my ttc-ing, my bbt after ovulation till my AF comes also stay throughout the same leh.... so I think that it can be the same loh... and as long as the bbt stays high after O (LP) for more than 20 days at least.... got chance that you are pregnant loh....

u try to test whether the thermometer is working, probably u try to test the temp again at night .... if the temp got change, then the thermometer is not spoilt loh... just for a confirmation ....

Hey ladies,
Got a question for my friend
She tested -ve on my OPK yesterday but she got lotz of EWCM. She tested +ve on my OPK this morning but she say no EWCM leh...

weird hor? Suppose to be like that meh?

Linda,
wah... your gynae like not very professional leh...

Better change gynae for your pre-natal care.
Anyway, you got try other docs to see if you can get an earlier appointment or not. At least put your mind at ease then can enjoy your pregnancy.
happy.gif

liz
actually will tend to have EWCM one ... just whether it's stretchy or slippery one ....

if its stretchy one ... means gonna O liao.... if not , then slippery one means fertile period only....

For me, this cycle I cannot rely on the OPK strip result leh ... cos keep on having stretchy EWCM ... which making me confused also ah ... i think most important is to believe in how your body reacts loh.... and by taking the temp will be additional assurance to know when O ....

Back