2016/07 July babies

Hi @verluv Thanks for your advice. I went to EYS TCM last night and got one-week medicine to drink. Hope it will be helpful.
Actually Im not sure where is the best place I should go for consulting. Just went to a nearest one at jurong east. Do you have any recommendations?
I don't find EYS TCM gd. Bukit batok Dr Su Ang Mo Kio Dr Zou. Both of them are good. But do prepare to wait. Call for appt first.

So far no rashes haa. But if our LOs end up with rashes perhaps must clean the hands regularly. Today she starts to stare at both her hands for quite long. Previously was just briefly. But i doubt she knows those fists are hers yet.

For naps, indeed it's getting shorter and irregular. Maybe 2-3naps. Can be half hr or lucky then 1.5hrs.

Anyone baby wear her to nap? These days in order to get things done in the house I have to wear her. She can sleep well and long in Ergobaby. Sometimes if i need a nap, I also wear her so we can both nap together.

My boy sleep thru the night. Last feed ard 9.30pm wake up ard 6.30~7.00am. On FM every 3hrs. Used to be on 90ml but he look hungry as he always Shiok Shiok sucks both his thumbs. I read any article 150ml ~200ml per kg. This week just up his milk intake to 100ml per feed. In 24hrs he only drink 6x.

Daytime he naps ard 45mins to 1.5hrs abt 3-4x. 9.00pm in the room resting no music/tv. 9.30 last feed off light after then pat pat 20mins n off to bed. He more or less used to this routine can sleep on his own in his bed. Baby now 10wks old started this routine when he 4wks old.

Seems like at our baby age , they do nap less and my gal is like everyone, I very stress lor coz my parents kept saying why she naps so little, LO shld sleep 20 hrs a day.

My baby routine is to fall asleep at 7pm till next morning but not sleep through the night , wake up every 2.5 -3 hrs for milk, after milk usually fall back to sleep.

Piglet, so good your baby is sleeping through the night !

Same here, I read some mummies say at least can wean off paci by removing it, but how to remove thumb?!? I am against paci but mil keeps trying to psycho me ...have to keep an open mind if she really latches on to her thumb.

Any of you going to try baby signing?
Planning to give bb signing a try. Probably start at 5 months, think it's too early?

Mummies like to check what is the frequency of your baby nap? How often n how long? Mine is starting to sleep very little, the nap lasts 45 mins to an hour, and about 3 naps only the whole day!
If I sleep beside her or if she's carried, she can sleep for at least 2 hrs, otherwise, she catnaps, 30-45 mins. Will play with her for a while and get her to sleep again.
Does she nap longer if you are beside her? If your girl is not cranky, I guess that amount of sleep is sufficient for her.

So far no rashes haa. But if our LOs end up with rashes perhaps must clean the hands regularly. Today she starts to stare at both her hands for quite long. Previously was just briefly. But i doubt she knows those fists are hers yet.

For naps, indeed it's getting shorter and irregular. Maybe 2-3naps. Can be half hr or lucky then 1.5hrs.

Anyone baby wear her to nap? These days in order to get things done in the house I have to wear her. She can sleep well and long in Ergobaby. Sometimes if i need a nap, I also wear her so we can both nap together.
Redvel - how do you wear her to nap? Can't lie down if wearing her, got special carrier for that?

If I sleep beside her or if she's carried, she can sleep for at least 2 hrs, otherwise, she catnaps, 30-45 mins. Will play with her for a while and get her to sleep again.
Does she nap longer if you are beside her? If your girl is not cranky, I guess that amount of sleep is sufficient for her.
She doesn't nap longer Ben if I m next to her, she will want to 'chat'

So sometimes I will leave her on he rocker to self entertain herself while I do my chores

Seems like at our baby age , they do nap less and my gal is like everyone, I very stress lor coz my parents kept saying why she naps so little, LO shld sleep 20 hrs a day.

My baby routine is to fall asleep at 7pm till next morning but not sleep through the night , wake up every 2.5 -3 hrs for milk, after milk usually fall back to sleep.

Piglet, so good your baby is sleeping through the night !

Same here. Baby can sleep from night to next morning but wake up every few hours to drink milk. We co-sleep and do side latching at night. So both of us drift back to sleep or doze off pretty easily. If I am engorged, I will wake up to pump out. like now.

Yes noticed that baby gets more quality sleep when we co-sleep and switch on aircon. My baby also catnaps for 30-45mins

My boy lasf feeding at 7pm and after that he slept through till just now. Decided to wake him up to change his diaper and feed him.

He finished his milk in record time, less than 10 mins for 120ml! Guess he's hungry but prefer to sleep.

Redvel - how do you wear her to nap? Can't lie down if wearing her, got special carrier for that?
I sleep at 45degree. Haa. Not the best sleep position but I'll do anything for a nap.

But sometimes if she is in the mood, I can still lie almost flat and she is flat on my chest.

I only just googled about baby signing. Would love to adopt it. When's best to start? 6months or should be earlier ?

@Sa_rahhhh I believe their saliva can cause rashes, I use wet handkerchief to wipe my baby fists and face very often.

@redvel wow your baby so good, let h wear for long hour. I give up on carrier for now, my baby cry like hell when I prepare to put him on carrier. Maybe he doesn't like the infant insert.
The baby signing can start after that reach 4 months old but baby only sign back after they are 6 months old.

I have bought the black and white book from online last night, I heard baby will attract to black n white now. Hope my baby would love it. Haha

Must thank @snowfern for sharing on the library starter pack for babies. We went last week to sign up and got the pack and borrowed her first books. She really likes these by Jane Fosters. She will smile and kick her legs when I flip the pages and name her all the colors and animals. Provided she's not cranky in first place hah.

ImageUploadedByForum1473389322.601337.jpg

Such a relief. Bubbles finally FINALLY started more eye contact yesterday, and today, maintained quite a lot, then a few hrs earlier, a real smile! Wide, gummy, crinkled nose bridge! Week 8, I am hoping this marks the end of growth spurt/wonder week, my arms and boobs are sore from the constant attention-giving!

On another note, went to Dr again today regarding her nightly battles with me, Dr said it's colic and should end by 4th mth. UGH. She also has a naval hernia, which he said is common too, and should resolve by the time she's 1. He looked almost apologetic for being unable to help me, so I thanked him for the nice chat lol

©redvel those look great! I want to check out my branch to see if they have 'em! Bubbles likes the books with the baby faces, but falls asleep at the others my hubby borrowed. Will have to try again now that she's more alert during the day!

I don't find EYS TCM gd. Bukit batok Dr Su Ang Mo Kio Dr Zou. Both of them are good. But do prepare to wait. Call for appt first.
Great thanks for the info piglet02! I head down to Dr Su this morning, and yes the waiting time was very long esp for first timer. (Two hrs for me today)
I felt that Dr Su explained my condition better than the dr from EYS. She does treatments stage by stage. She said my 脉 was very weak. Got some medicines to expel the wind first. Hope I will get better soon. ( at least now I am starting to have some hope :)

Btw, my boy had his BCG jab on his buttock. Now it has become a small red bump. I wonder is this normal?

Snowfern I've never heard of navel hernia so I consulted Dr Google. Does it cause discomfort to bb? Hope bubs feel better soon. On another note, 1year old is not far away. Always remind my hubby our LO grows fast and very very soon they ain't that little anymore.

Ahze, yes the bcg healing process is common, butt or arm. I kinda remember my pri6 bcg was like that too. And I recall how scared I was haa. Our bbs are lucky they won't remember a thing.

Yes our LO are growing so fast ...was like not long ago she is in my tummy, I m worried about GD etc and now she is 10 weeks old

Hope the growing will slow down a little for me to enjoy the baby stage especially I know I won't be having anymore kids after her. Ha the whole Ttc process is indeed a long one for me, glad I have 2 princesses now

Yes our LO are growing so fast ...was like not long ago she is in my tummy, I m worried about GD etc and now she is 10 weeks old

Hope the growing will slow down a little for me to enjoy the baby stage especially I know I won't be having anymore kids after her. Ha the whole Ttc process is indeed a long one for me, glad I have 2 princesses now
Absolutely second that Gan. This baby stage will be over very quickly, must really enjoy our bubs, despite their constant middle-of-night wake up calls to us for whatever reason, endless expoopsions, difficult-to-soothe crying episodes, non-stop-need-to-be-carried-else-i-will-scream-the-house-down days etc. Their cooing, toothless grins and sweet smiles make it all worthwhile. This is a reminder to myself when the going gets tough.
While I will miss this sweet bb stage, I can't help but also look fwd to the day when she can walk and I can hold her by her chubby hands and walk together.

Hi 5. Me too also looking forward to the day I stop pumping. Haha

:) actually I'm looking forward to the day when he can start walking. A bit too far fetch, but once he's able to walk, that's when I can bring him overseas to see the world! :p

PS: actually is because I miss traveling myself haha!~

Snowfern I've never heard of navel hernia so I consulted Dr Google. Does it cause discomfort to bb? Hope bubs feel better soon. On another note, 1year old is not far away. Always remind my hubby our LO grows fast and very very soon they ain't that little anymore.

Ahze, yes the bcg healing process is common, butt or arm. I kinda remember my pri6 bcg was like that too. And I recall how scared I was haa. Our bbs are lucky they won't remember a thing.
According to Dr. and judging by how she never react when they press it back into place, it doesn't hurt. If it does then I have to take her in for surgery T.T. but otherwise, I was told, and read, that it is common and usually resolves on its own within a year...

Our p6 bcg is our 2nd one lo! I remember the mantoux test, and how my classmates tried to cheat it by beating on their arm lol. Mine never reacted at all - totally no exposure to TB so I had to get the 2nd jab!!

Absolutely second that Gan. This baby stage will be over very quickly, must really enjoy our bubs, despite their constant middle-of-night wake up calls to us for whatever reason, endless expoopsions, difficult-to-soothe crying episodes, non-stop-need-to-be-carried-else-i-will-scream-the-house-down days etc. Their cooing, toothless grins and sweet smiles make it all worthwhile. This is a reminder to myself when the going gets tough.
While I will miss this sweet bb stage, I can't help but also look fwd to the day when she can walk and I can hold her by her chubby hands and walk together.
My hubby was just commenting how she is growing too fast!!! I guess he doesn't see her as often as he likes, so mixed feelings about wanting her to grow up faster, yet not wanting the sweet and bittersweet moments to end!

Actually I already missed how my baby look like when he is just born, so tiny and when we talk he will try to open his eyes to search where the sound coming from and I know I going to miss his current double/triple chin look too haha

Evening mummies,

Can I check with y'all anyone stay in 1 bedded room at thomson medicine centre? Care to share your total payable bill after medisave deduction (natural delivery)?

It's normal for all parents to miss all the little milestones our little ones achieve. I regretted that I didn't take any photo of my baby bump when I was still pregnant with my boy. Dislike to take photos during the whole pregnancy period. I can't show him that he was in my tummy when he grow up.

So now, hopefully I can take as many pictures of him as memories. Haha~

Evening mummies,

Can I check with y'all anyone stay in 1 bedded room at thomson medicine centre? Care to share your total payable bill after medisave deduction (natural delivery)?

Hi @Joanna Ong, I stayed in a 2 bedder room at TMC, delivered naturally without epidural and paid about $1.6k cash after medisave deduction. You can use this as a rough guide? Hope it helps! :)

Oh boy. Last night at our usual 10+ bedtime battle, bubbles had a meltdown. Started the usual, can't get comfortable, whining while nursing....burped her twice and still...fussing. Tried to initiate side nursing but, she still wouldn't stop crying with nipple in mouth, and so I got up to do a bit of baby massage to calm her down.

Worked for a bit, thought maybe, "wow this works!", then BOOM full on wailing, inconsolable for what felt like eternity, but was probably 15 mins. Nothing worked. Not left boob (her fave), right boob, that magical carry in the viral video by that Dr, hushing, singing, walking.....so out of desperation I told my husband to strip me while I stripped her, all this while holding her close to me....only then did she seem to slow down and draw breaths. Put her to my left boob and few mins later, it was as if nothing extraordinary happened.

We came close to taking her to kkh. Now, 2 feeds later, she seems back to normal, smiley and hungry as always. I think maybe she was overstimulated - her cousin and aunt came over in the day, then we took her along for mooncake delivery to my dad's place where he held her for the first time...

/long winded story over

Hope this doesn't repeat itself...I really don't know if I can tahan this nightly for 2 more months ?!? Is this common???

Oh boy. Last night at our usual 10+ bedtime battle, bubbles had a meltdown. Started the usual, can't get comfortable, whining while nursing....burped her twice and still...fussing. Tried to initiate side nursing but, she still wouldn't stop crying with nipple in mouth, and so I got up to do a bit of baby massage to calm her down.

Worked for a bit, thought maybe, "wow this works!", then BOOM full on wailing, inconsolable for what felt like eternity, but was probably 15 mins. Nothing worked. Not left boob (her fave), right boob, that magical carry in the viral video by that Dr, hushing, singing, walking.....so out of desperation I told my husband to strip me while I stripped her, all this while holding her close to me....only then did she seem to slow down and draw breaths. Put her to my left boob and few mins later, it was as if nothing extraordinary happened.

We came close to taking her to kkh. Now, 2 feeds later, she seems back to normal, smiley and hungry as always. I think maybe she was overstimulated - her cousin and aunt came over in the day, then we took her along for mooncake delivery to my dad's place where he held her for the first time...

/long winded story over

Hope this doesn't repeat itself...I really don't know if I can tahan this nightly for 2 more months ?!? Is this common???

I just had something similar. Changed diaper, walked around, gave favourite human pacifier and did everything I could think of to soothe the baby but nothing works.

Turns out that baby has got pisai stuck in nose.

I just had something similar. Changed diaper, walked around, gave favourite human pacifier and did everything I could think of to soothe the baby but nothing works.

Turns out that baby has got pisai stuck in nose.
Wah! Ok I will check next time too! I went to read up on meltdowns....seems 2mths is peak for crying, and that this may last..into toddlerhood?!?!!! *feels faint*

I'm going to start a better daily schedule and rigid bedtime routine from today and see if it works better. *wipes sweat off sideburns *

Hi @Joanna Ong, I stayed in a 2 bedder room at TMC, delivered naturally without epidural and paid about $1.6k cash after medisave deduction. You can use this as a rough guide? Hope it helps! :)

Thank you sa-rahhh for the information for 2 bedded. Any mummies stay in 1 bedded (TMC) willing to share the cost after medisave also?

So if there's pisai (dried kind), do we attempt to remove? Last time I tried with mini cotton bud but oops I pushed even deeper. Now I stopped removing, though see already very gao weh. Those very out ones can still get rid easily. Now, my LO both nostrils have dried pisai quite deep and quite big, although it doesn't seem to bother her.

U can use nose spray first before u dig Coz it will make it soft and sticky then more easy to remove.

I usually use the bulb suction thingy by pigeon to remove if I see it deep inside, but it can be tricky to use....

The pigeon gadget is useful for hardened ones. Not as effective for sticky ones I feel. So what I did was roll tissue paper into a thin long strip n dig out hahaha. It is the best I could.

I find myself clearing little one's nose twice a day.

The pigeon gadget is useful for hardened ones. Not as effective for sticky ones I feel. So what I did was roll tissue paper into a thin long strip n dig out hahaha. It is the best I could.

Lol can be quite satisfying to dig out the peesai, esp the larger boogers hurhur. I had lots of exp clearing my younger bro's snot 20+ years ago, so sticky, dry all I managed to clear for my bubbles with the suction bulb kekeke. But must be brave and not give up when she Wiggles luh

Hahaha I also have the pigeon suction but I suck nothing out and my baby will turn his head left and right, not easy to use haha wow u clean twice a day .. I clean it daily then my hub ask me not to be a hygiene freak, told me to do it alternate day. Very shiok when dig a big one out haha

So if there's pisai (dried kind), do we attempt to remove? Last time I tried with mini cotton bud but oops I pushed even deeper. Now I stopped removing, though see already very gao weh. Those very out ones can still get rid easily. Now, my LO both nostrils have dried pisai quite deep and quite big, although it doesn't seem to bother her.

Dried ones will have to wait for them to fall out by themselves...

I know what you mean by gao wei!! Haha

I got no choice. Not that I am very clean freak. My baby just wails until I remove. So by hook or by crook I need to get it out!

Back