(2014) ivf mummies support group

IWAHB: Just go wif e follow of appts fixed by kkh n nuh...twins pregnancy abit complicated...mine is 2 sacs...due to age n hormones i go for amino fluid...take things one at e time...just tell urself it a normal procedures as additional tests arrange cos u having twins...dont worry too much...bless for u too...jiayou

Mine also twins with 2 sacs. Oscar results is good thou. Then come the detail scan results showing one twin heart got bright spot...yes I just follow what aptm Is waiting for me...hope next week Wednesday onwards I can smile :)

i did took sm of é stingray.. i hardly eat fish now.. only saba, n this stingray when i hav a very strong cravin.. tried not to eat too much... é meiji coffee one is nice, but i canot tak too much coffee now, makes my shake...
Better stay away from stingray and saba coz saba is actually mackerel. Think also high in mercury. Take pomfret, snapper. Fish is gd for baby. Shld try to take more if you can unless u really can't stand the fishy taste and smell.

My all time favourite milk has always been Marigold Fresh Milk (the one and only with the cow skin print in black and white). I also love Meiji Coffee Milk but I stop drinking ever since I started IVF. Now Magnolia has this Hi Cal Low Fat Milk with DHA and Omega 3, I drink 2 cups at my office everyday during lunch. At home, I continue my Similac Mum Milk.

I just tried on my ASOS clothes. Super satisfied with all items. :)

Wah faithfullyyours is awake at that timing? You back to work or still resting at home? Or watching world cup. Lol.
I just wake up from my pee. I drink same milk as dolly magnolia high cal low fat. After got the meiji milk, every time I open the fridge I will only drink meiji milk. Then dh has been asking how come you can finished the 2L of milk and yet the 1L of magnolia milk is still in the fridge. Haha. My eyes just can't focus on magnolia.
Btw I still have not started my fish oil as doc said I got too much medication to take. Well this week I shall skip the bp medicine to try.
Aiyo I cannot whole night just sleep on the left very difficult to sleep. I will flip to the right awhile then flip facing upwards.
I shall prepare to go to work soon. Am I too early haha.

Start your day with a good breakfast.

Attachments

• 1404172184314.jpg
    1404172184314.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 132
My dh urge me take fish oil daily after hearing from radio tats good for bb development n now I m munching Brazil nuts daily as well as my colleague said it's good for Bb brain.. aso read tat nuts are high protein.

i only eat brazil nuts during tww now didn eat already. i also had mac for bf today. i am in office checking emails and replying them...i am very full after finishing my cup of ice milo. later lunch going to pay my bills through axs. alot bills pilling up...

i like meiji milk and magnolia. this two i am fine. i just dont like HL. i prefer milk smell rather than ice cream smell for milk..

i feel like getting from asos or qo10 for maternity clothes again but twinnies extra check up makes me hold back my purchase. think i shall start shopping after all the results out.

wow, all of us and our beanies love Mcdonald's. It is a happy food to start with hehe.

iwantahealthybaby, I get what you mean. I am also counting down for my test this coming Sat and next Tue. Crossed my finger too. Feeling very giddy in office now, don't know what's wrong with me. Btw will headache strike us in 2nd trimester? I read from the apps will.

Anyone taking fish oil besides dolly? For me I munch on walnuts. Besides Meiji milk, I also bought 1 big box of Meiji plain biscuit. Very nice also.

Btw from bfp till now, I have gained 7kg :eek:. How come so much?? Hmm... Don't care just eat what I like as I got the license, I will only go on diet after confinement.

Me! I taking cos obimin doesn't contain dha. Bought the blackmores odourless fish oil 1000. Going to chk with dr the recommended dosage.

Anyone ordering the breast pumps s1 from spectra Australia as there is sales n direct shipment to sg... it's much cheaper than medela
Fish oil I got it from my gynae n aso replenished my stocks via iherb

Attachments

• 1404182601090.jpg
    1404182601090.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 133
i taking fish oil. the blue meiji biscuit right? i used to eat that lynn. i also gain 7 kg since bfp. we really same scale. lol

ladies see below air purifier survey. u girls can consider when purchasing.

Attachments

• 10469710_662790573804418_8351703303218755448_n.png
    10469710_662790573804418_8351703303218755448_n.png
    192.1 KB · Views: 157
I'm taking fish oil since 8w, it's natal care tri plus. Milk I like Magnolia low fat hi cal with dha, and most other milks including goat's milk haha. But this past month drank very little, usually very bloated after meals. Should start my 1litre per day again soon...

Hi, may i know where to buy the brazil nuts?

Is it useful to eat it after embyro transfer?

Yes after embryo trf is said to be good as Brazil nuts help with implantation. Try getting it in cold storage they have. Or u can try those nuts counter that carry different sorts of nuts. Think there is one stall at Vivocity level 2 opposite secret RECEIPE but don't know still there anot. But cold storage confirm have.

Iwantahealthybaby, how to read the air purifier chart. So meaning whirlpool is the best?
Circle your beanie must be loving the outside food since you go back to work.
I am not taking any fish oil. Oh when should I start?

I am super duper lost and confuse now... my doctor order me to stitch up this thurs.. but becos of what dr ananda said last time. I am super confused.

mschar did you tell your gynae about dr ananda opinion to stitch up? did you tell him the complications that will you are afraid of? sometimes when we go for 2 different opinions we will have headaches as the docs opinion will be different. did you ask your gynae if no stitch isit ok? what complications then?

lynncandy i also dont kow lol. but i guess higher % should be better. some say dont need eat fish oil, some say good. i think optional...

circle your nachos chip is so good.....i am so tempted.....

jieqi, brazil nuts eat 3-5 pieces daily will do after et till tww over. since have protein no harm eating but not too much. as for other drinks or food you can try to see the ivf/icsi thread diff sisters drink and eat different things to help increase the bfp chances. stay cool and relax most important. good luck to your coming cycle.

so this week detail scan is again me 1st on the list with prof biswas? my 2nd opinion but still consider detail scan. good luck to all of us ladies...

Lynn, to stitch my cervix up.

IWAHB, yes but he says he rather do preventive than emergency. He says if wait and check regulary once open up and do emergency, chances usually not good.

Mschar, what ur gynae said is quite true. Not to scare u but if ur cervix cannot hold there is a high risk tt bb will drop out tts y he rather take prevention. But mb u can ask him abt the risk of bursting the water bag as mentioned by dr ananada.

Lynncandy, fish oil contains dha n epa. Dha is good for the brain n retina development of the bb. Research has shown pregnant mums with dha in diet, bb brain n psychomotor skills are better than those who didn't take. Epa usually comes together w dha in fish n it is required to bring dha to the cord before reaching bb. Recommended daily dosage is 300mg of dha & at least 500mg dha+epa. Especially crucial in 3rd trimester.

Iwantahealthybaby, btw for twin pregnancy, 2500mg of calcium is required daily.

Last edited:
Cheery, i am seeking 1 more opinion tmr..

I dunno y, i have a very uneasy feeling..

I told him abt the risk and he seems to be very confident abt it.

Mschar, that's good see what the 3rd opinion dr says. U seeing prof biwas?
Ur gynae must have his reason n confidence of doing it. Have faith n trust as he will be the one doing ur delivery.

I just checked the ganilia tablets. We eat 2 a day so it has 300mg of dha but 60mg of epa...

I seeing additional private gynae visit in mid Jul. Maybe will bring and ask him if it is sufficient

Circle, u mention the last time u admit in kkh can claim insurance?

I just check my insurance and also my company's insurance, cannot claim for my surgery.

Which insurance company u r with and what type of insurance u bought?

Super stress cos the surgery cost almost 10k and doctor say after that no more working till deliver which also mean i got to be on unpaid leave... very heavy on our pocket....

Mschar to stitch up cervix is 10k? Tomorrow you seeing prof biswas? Hope he can give u a clearer decision as to what Has to be done.

Cheerywalnuts I only eat 1 calcium tablet a day and is 600mg only. Gosh means Must at least eat 2 and hopefully some other sources of calcium come from my food Intake.

Another day coming to an end. After tomorrow I will be able to see prof biswas. Hope he can give me some positive hopes.

I just finished my detailed scan. Baby is amazing today! The sonographer could scan everything except baby's spine as baby needs to be in the facing down position. My baby always like to lie on her back which is good for the sonographer to scan most of her parts. Then the sonographer said if she cannot scan baby's spine today, we will have to come back next week to scan the spine as she can't let us walk around and scan again as we have an appointment with Dr Tan and we will miss it. Upon hearing that, baby turned and face downwards and let the sonographer scan her spine. So we told the sonographer that baby must have heard us and she doesn't want us to waste one more trip down. We also told the sonographer that baby has been a very obedient and cooperative baby. I didn't really have much morning sickness. Today the sonographer said 80% baby is a girl. She said cannot see 小弟弟. If that's the case, why is it not 100% sure? Haha! Anyway in my detailed scan report, it is reported that gender of baby is female. Dr Tan said baby is very healthy and everything is normal. DH and I are very happy to hear that! :) Praise the Lord! Hallelujah!

Last edited:
Iwantahealthybaby, follow the dosage for the calcium supp. The remaining shld come from food sources not fully from the tabs. I also taking 600mg calcium tab per day. Drink milk, eat almonds, bread etc from food intake.

Iwantahealthybaby, 1 glass of milk is already 500mg. So calcium must also come from other sources beside supplement.
Wah stitch is 10k. Mschar hope prof can advise you.
Faithfullyyours is no. 2 for detailed, so in the end your beanie got let sonographer see spine?

Lynncandy, i think it depends on the milk brand n serving. Eg meiji low fat milk 200ml only 302mg of calcium. Must chk from the labels ;) usually glass size is 200ml to 250ml...

Faithfullyours so nice your bb so cooperative. My twin A is very into the face down position so spine very easy to measure the hard part is the rest. Haha. At least now u can rest your mind all is fine. Can start preparing and stocking up on bb stuffs theme pink!

Mschar see what tomorrow doc suggest ya. Be positive! I know it's hard when we hear diff stuffs concerning bb but let's jiayou together.

Meiji milk the calcium so low huh. Magnolia was 500mg. Wah. . Then I got to drink 2 glasses per day.
Iwantahealthybaby, my beanie also loves to face downwards. Hope during detailed she can have many pattern ready for the scan. Counting down.

I just checked with the insurance companies..
Cannot claim. Super stress.
Did u do stitching while having ur boy under the same gynae? Was it so expensive? I read from the incompetent cervix thread, it's a day surgery n painless.
The cost at kkh was abt 1.3k during 2008 n 50% claimable by medisave. Glen E abt 3.5k...
How come ur gynae charge so high??

Last edited:
Mschar, I didn't succeed in claiming. Ntuc sent letter to say it is relating to miscarriage so not covered. I did policy and it covers pregnancy complication. Haiz... maybe threatened miscarriage not considered lor.

But bill wasn't alot. After medisave, only pay $320 for me.

circles-is it ntuc hospialisatñ plan, premium paid w/cpf?

generally hospitalisatñ plan dun cover child birth. may cover childbirth complicatñs, but limited 2specific conditñ. for miscariage it muz b min 20+week... how i wish i got aia gold max... plan, more assurance.. too bad my is another provider..

i hav been studyin policy these few days...

Joymeme, I think so. Premium by cpf then I pay cash for rider.

I am also thinking of re - looking at my medical insurance. But sometimes super scared of agents also...

Yap true. So many grey areas. Next year with medishield life. Will just cancel all these since medishield life covers everything. Plus the news today mentioned abt these insurance premiums rocket up once above 60..

I never like insurance cause when things haven't happen all can and when things happen they check and check say cannot cannot u headache. Then every mth u don't know paying for what coverage. The agent just doesn't explain a lot details to u. A lot when happen will say cause of this cannot if not can cover blah blah blah. Actually i wonder our ivf insurance states cover nicu ward per day claimable $150 Isit for basic premmie care. Then how much Isit per day for class c nicu rates? Then hor when we give birth in kkh csec or natural how much can be deducted by medisave or will govt grant any? Anybody know? I still not very sure about the cost.

With the Medisave Maternity Package (MMP), parents can use their Medisave for (i) delivery expenses as well as (ii) pre-delivery medical expenses such as consultations and ultrasound.
Under the MMP, you may
a) withdraw up to $450 for each day in the hospital,
b) plus $450 for pre delivery consultations
c) plus surgical withdrawal limit depending on the type of delivery procedure you undergo. $750 for vaginal delivery; $2150 for c-sect.

http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_w...ubsidies/Marriage_and_Parenthood_Schemes.html

No i didnt need during my 1st pregnancy. I did a surgery to my cervix last yr thats y need a elective cerclage now.

My gyane says his charges is 3 to 4k then the rest is hospital charges and anaethetist charge. Plus room and others.

I already choose 2 bedded.

Haiz... i am still fan till now. Cos i know if anything happen be it whether i do or dun do, i will blame myself.

It is probably one of the toughest decision i hv to make.

Tmr i see another gynae i will check if charges ard same.

Actually i claim for my insurance before. It really does help and i believe in insurance alot.

I am the AIA plan. Highest plan. Dunno what it call. But my agent helped me claim with ease.

My dh also AIA Platinum i think. His lagi best.. as long as admit, everything claim. Even consult and thereafter. His premium much higher 2k plus a yr. But he did a gallbladder surgery last yr at mt e novena. Bill was 15k or 20k. All claim in full. No qn asked. Very good.

medisave paid plan require pay 3.5k(deductible) n 10%co-insurance

é cash part should b enhance plan tat pay deductible n 10% co-insurance..

true a lot of indirect representation.. need 2look @contract clauses.. i spent lik 1 whole sun 2understand n i m not sure.. will ask é agent soon 2understand better... juz ask é agent tat is least aggressive n able 2explain how 2read é contract...

Back