(2014) ivf mummies support group

Tretinoic acid and vitamin a derivatives are mostly prescription acne meds.. :). Usually wont be in usual skincare products.. I think maybe stick to the usual skincare is ok, things that clear acne or whiten skin may contain harmful ingredients. I think some skin whitening products have hydroquinone which is bad for skin but not sure abt effects on baby (recently Kose recalled a lot of whitening products due to some harmful ingredient also). The downside is that I'm having bad breakouts on my chin from the hormones but can't apply acne products.. Getting a lot of scarring.. :(

I used to use clinique but switched to clarins as I love the scent of the products. Some pple prefer no scent though.. You can get clarins quite cheap at beautynscent.com.sg. I buy most of my products from them, and so far all the things I bought look genuine. They also have the clarins tonic oil for stretch marks n also stretch mark cream. Some mummies got gd reviews but then other cheaper creams also have gd reviews.

Origins just doesn't work for me somehow.. :(. Another brand u can consider is Korres, an all natural Greek brand. They have a outlet at Millenia Walk.

Thank u so much! Ya... I am currently using Shisedo brightening products... May need to give it a miss too.... I will try to check the details.. I already hav a alotbof acne scars fr young... Hope urs will clear soon as u progress thru e pregnancy...

Hi All,

I'm back to the chat and join in the thread if you all don't mind. I am preggie almost 6 weeks but admitted to kkh last wed due to heavy bleeding n got discharge on sat. The bleeding did reduce but has yet to stop. During the stay, no treatment given but just observation n usual medicine. Plan to go for 2nd opinion to see a PTE Dr this evening for further advice.

Hi All,

I'm back to the chat and join in the thread if you all don't mind. I am preggie almost 6 weeks but admitted to kkh last wed due to heavy bleeding n got discharge on sat. The bleeding did reduce but has yet to stop. During the stay, no treatment given but just observation n usual medicine. Plan to go for 2nd opinion to see a PTE Dr this evening for further advice.

Kitty, pls take care and do lotsa bedrest...

Is it a norm to hav spotting/ bleeding in the very early stage? i am only having my first scan on next tue..anything i can do to avoid that?
suddenly become so paranoid this morning when i dont quite feel e bloatedness...

Kitty, pls take care and do lotsa bedrest...

Is it a norm to hav spotting/ bleeding in the very early stage? i am only having my first scan on next tue..anything i can do to avoid that?
suddenly become so paranoid this morning when i dont quite feel e bloatedness...

I don't know whether is it Normal to have bleeding /spotting but dr says is not good for early stage preggie to bleed. Now what I can do is bed rest n later seek for 2nd opinion to see how to protect my twins.

I went to o&g a day before my admission n has given a support jab but bleeding get worst.

Kitty28... We are similar... Had the support jab on Wednesday night and was discharged on Sat too! Did your doc gave you HL to bedrest at home? Mine left with few little brown spots now... We jiayou together ya!

morning all! *yawn

want2bmummy, have a good rest ya!

Thanks kmei2... Am having lots of bedrest... Get up only to go to the toilet... Praying that these spottings/bleeding stop for gd soonest

Dreamirene, some things are no no.. Eg salicylic acid (pimple creams n acne products), tretinoic acid (can cause birth defects). I just stopped using those things.. But I was using clarins previously, so I just continued as clarins is mostly natural.. I think if you are used to your skin products, probably ok to continue except for the no no ingredients..

rest well! Take care.. Ask your hubby to buy/rent some comedies for you to watch while on bed rest.. Maybe happy hormones can help..

Thanks joynpeace! Yeah, watch some comedies... Really made me laugh so much that my tummy hurts... Now need to stop for a while though... Haha...

Want2bamummy - the dr give me HL until 24 Aug n need to see him again this thurs. I'm still having slight bleeding. On n off. What did ur dr advice of ur condition ?

Want2bamummy - the dr give me HL until 24 Aug n need to see him again this thurs. I'm still having slight bleeding. On n off. What did ur dr advice of ur condition ?

Dr Sandhana gave me HL till 31 Aug. she said there's nothing can be done to stop the bleeding. The support jab and dupaston are to ease the womb. Therefore needs to have lots of bedrest. If red bleeding again, I hve to go down to O&G to check on my pregnancy and get the jab. She also said that too much progesteron is not very gd for the baby, that's why she limits to me having 3 tabs a day.

Before I was discharged, they sent me for another scan... My baby is still gg strong and everything is normal... The only thing to take care now is not to move too much so that my womb is at eased. Pray hard that the bleeding/ spotting is gone forever.

Dr Sandhana gave me HL till 31 Aug. she said there's nothing can be done to stop the bleeding. The support jab and dupaston are to ease the womb. Therefore needs to have lots of bedrest. If red bleeding again, I hve to go down to O&G to check on my pregnancy and get the jab. She also said that too much progesteron is not very gd for the baby, that's why she limits to me having 3 tabs a day.

Before I was discharged, they sent me for another scan... My baby is still gg strong and everything is normal... The only thing to take care now is not to move too much so that my womb is at eased. Pray hard that the bleeding/ spotting is gone forever.

We are indeed having same problem. Haiz! Please take care.

work is getting stressed out this month and i dun really feel any bloatedness anymore...i am getting so paranoid and almost feel like retesting hpt again...my bt is only next tue...

work is getting stressed out this month and i dun really feel any bloatedness anymore...i am getting so paranoid and almost feel like retesting hpt again...my bt is only next tue...

Dreamirene, don't stress yourself. Try to relax n be more cheerful.

Sisters,sad to say I won't be able to join this thread at the moment as I miscarriage at 5w..yesterday evening had heavy bleeding with clots so rush to nuh emd.. no words can describe my sadness..I have no frozen embryos and will need to start all over again..honesty,I now have some fear on starting a new cycle,maybe I need time to get over yet..would like to get advices from u gals that what shd I do now to recover my body and prepare my next fresh cycle? Anything I can eat to help my egg quality? I planning to do it in nuh for coming ivf, any advice on prof wong? Really hope I can join this thread soon again with success BFP...
sad.gif

Hi bbfaith, dont lose hope! I did mine with Prof Wong at NUH. he is steady and assuring. You will be in good hands. :)

I am also taking a lot of post ivf support pills, but started bleeding just recently, from brown to red and then back to brown.always slight cramp on left lower abdomon whenever bleed. but luckily.. the bb still surviving.. am very worried how long this bleeding will last :(, i dont know why am i bleeding .. really want some advice. CAn anyone tell me... is it becasue of some cabbage i took or unheated beef??? Btw sisters... I wonder how do you settle your daily meals? i stay alone with hubby and i really find it tiring to cook on my own everyday, now that i need a lot of rest with the bleeding. how do you manage without troubling your in laws and mummy/ i stay quite far frm them

hello
Hi bbfaith, dont lose hope! I did mine with Prof Wong at NUH. he is steady and assuring. You will be in good hands. :)

I am also taking a lot of post ivf support pills, but started bleeding just recently, from brown to red and then back to brown.always slight cramp on left lower abdomon whenever bleed. but luckily.. the bb still surviving.. am very worried how long this bleeding will last :(, i dont know why am i bleeding .. really want some advice. CAn anyone tell me... is it becasue of some cabbage i took or unheated beef??? Btw sisters... I wonder how do you settle your daily meals? i stay alone with hubby and i really find it tiring to cook on my own everyday, now that i need a lot of rest with the bleeding. how do you manage without troubling your in laws and mummy/ i stay quite far frm them
hello wisdom, I would like to know why the bleeding/spotting too. This morning, I was bleeding more than usual in red & I rushed to see my doc & did the usual scan etc. he told me that he has no answer for the bleeding/spotting & the best we can do is to rest & hope that it will stabilize at week 12for your info, I seem to check into KKH every week due to this spotting/bleeding & this is driving me nuts

Wisdom, have u considered tingkat dinner? I did that when I was first married four years ago.. Busy job then n no time to cook. Food is not the tastiest, but ok lah. And things may have improved since four years ago..

take care, want2bamummy & kitty28...hope that ur spotting will disappear for good very soon...

Thanks dreamirene... Dun stress yourself abt work k. You have come this far to undergo this IVF process that work is not worth to risk your bb. I know it's easier said than done... But you must try to relax and have happy thoughts ya... Jia you!

hello

hello wisdom, I would like to know why the bleeding/spotting too. This morning, I was bleeding more than usual in red & I rushed to see my doc & did the usual scan etc. he told me that he has no answer for the bleeding/spotting & the best we can do is to rest & hope that it will stabilize at week 12for your info, I seem to check into KKH every week due to this spotting/bleeding & this is driving me nuts

Towkayneo... Are there days when you don't have any spottings and it's totally clear?

I noticed that I will have the brown spots when I walk my normal pace and stand for too long. Nowadays, I had to walk very slowly, then I'm okay. Worried though if I will bleed once I'm back to work the next following week.

chill dreamirene! no bloatedness its because ur body is used to the hormones :)
relax and relax ya! jiayou

Towkayneo... Are there days when you don't have any spottings and it's totally clear?

I noticed that I will have the brown spots when I walk my normal pace and stand for too long. Nowadays, I had to walk very slowly, then I'm okay. Worried though if I will bleed once I'm back to work the next following week.

want2bmummy, I will have some days totally clear and comes back when I walk/stand too long.. relax ya

chill dreamirene! no bloatedness its because ur body is used to the hormones :)
relax and relax ya! jiayou

oh is it? phew! i wsa still worried and was still thinking of retesting on HPT before the tue scan...cos sometimes really i forgot i am preg cos i dun feel anything different and then behave normally and forgot to be careful...am having an appt this sat to visit the acquarium in sentosa...will try to be careful...

oh is it? phew! i wsa still worried and was still thinking of retesting on HPT before the tue scan...cos sometimes really i forgot i am preg cos i dun feel anything different and then behave normally and forgot to be careful...am having an appt this sat to visit the acquarium in sentosa...will try to be careful...
haa u can always retest for fun la.. not to worry too much ya! as long as no other symptons.. shld be all good :)

Got, when I am resting at home during the weekends lo, but the moment I go out, come liao - no brown spottings at least got one drop that kind lo. The most pressurizing is when you sat down for a period of time and you need to stand up & u felt liquid passing through.

hi wisdom28, for quick and healthy meals... have u tried getting some shabu beef/pork? Just a quick boil and you can add some sesame sauce (the jap kind). Have it with rice or porridge also can. For veggies, i would boil some broccoli or xiao bai cai in water with olive oil. simple meal with maybe only some left over rice. =P otherwise, can try some egg sandwish with wholemeal bread? Need to take more high protein food for baby.. during first trimester i was extremely tired and didnt want to spend long making my meals..

hi joynpeace, good news! dr tan finally reduced my prog to 2 pills a day.. and she cut the rest... now i no longer feel like a drug addict... hahaha... i hope my baby is doing well.. couldnt see gender at week 15+ cuz the little one was sitting comfortable on his bum! so cute...

mummies with spotting... u must have more bed rest and try to walk lesser as much as possible.. jiayou in stabalising the womb and take more warm stuff like warm water and warm chix essence....

see so many mummies with twinnies here... i miss my baby's twin so much... can i grab some of your twins dust for my next round? heehee... i havent pop and i think about next round already.... i am so greedy... =P

hi dreamirene, yes its true that some ivf mummies dont have early symptoms... my doc told me its becuz our bodies are used to the stims... that's y... i was just as paranoid as you are now as back then... didnt chance upon this thread.. most other threads i read had mummies who conceived naturally and thus, they had lots of nausea and serious vomit while i was only very tired.. that's all... so relax and remember that you have a beanie in your tummy, do not carry heavy stuff or rush around/run!

hmm joynpeace, i did ask dr tan before, she said salicylic acid can use... only tretinoid acid (usually needs prescription type) big no no... erythromycin doc also say can use...

mummies with spotting... u must have more bed rest and try to walk lesser as much as possible.. jiayou in stabalising the womb and take more warm stuff like warm water and warm chix essence....

see so many mummies with twinnies here... i miss my baby's twin so much... can i grab some of your twins dust for my next round? heehee... i havent pop and i think about next round already.... i am so greedy... =P

hi dreamirene, yes its true that some ivf mummies dont have early symptoms... my doc told me its becuz our bodies are used to the stims... that's y... i was just as paranoid as you are now as back then... didnt chance upon this thread.. most other threads i read had mummies who conceived naturally and thus, they had lots of nausea and serious vomit while i was only very tired.. that's all... so relax and remember that you have a beanie in your tummy, do not carry heavy stuff or rush around/run!

*hugz babe!

how many weeks are u now?

hi mei2, im at 16 weeks.. belly still small.. & I feel better now.. so much so I dont feel much... wishing my baby would start kick me more..

Thks for the advice, littleleech.....sigh...now my turn....i went bathroom just now and when i wipe, there was some white discharge with a tinge of brownish....now i am scared too...so decide to lie on bed to work instead of sitting on the chair...think i will cab to work tmr

Thks for the advice, littleleech.....sigh...now my turn....i went bathroom just now and when i wipe, there was some white discharge with a tinge of brownish....now i am scared too...so decide to lie on bed to work instead of sitting on the chair...think i will cab to work tmr
dreamirene, be a good girl and dun anyhow move ya :) take care!!

hi mei2, im at 16 weeks.. belly still small.. & I feel better now.. so much so I dont feel much... wishing my baby would start kick me more..
ah! i'm 4 days ahead of u only hee I dun feel any movement oso and my appt is another 4 weeks later... soo long :(

Back