(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

Hihi :D

I confirmed my pregnancy with dr hii. Apart frm nice gynae n pleasant nurse n less waiting time, d other thing I like is d ultrasound. His ultrasound machine is very clear n he give photo like real photographs...d ones currently existing wif most gynaes are d printed ones which will disappear after some time. But his photo is like cards n I think they will last. Haha...tho I'm not seeing him, I don't mind recommending him to others as I feel I'm comfortable with him n u can definitely consider him if convenient for u. He delivers at mount a :)
Hmm I have seen Dr Hii before but I dont like his clinic. Maybe becos I went on a sat morning. Waiting time quite long & clinic like mkt. You see family.bringing all.their grocery before seeing gyne. Found that his charges oso not that cheap. End up still go back to my prev gyne.

Hihi :D

I confirmed my pregnancy with dr hii. Apart frm nice gynae n pleasant nurse n less waiting time, d other thing I like is d ultrasound. His ultrasound machine is very clear n he give photo like real photographs...d ones currently existing wif most gynaes are d printed ones which will disappear after some time. But his photo is like cards n I think they will last. Haha...tho I'm not seeing him, I don't mind recommending him to others as I feel I'm comfortable with him n u can definitely consider him if convenient for u. He delivers at mount a :)

Yes! The ultrasound scan printout is like a photo! How does everyone keep their printouts? I'm thinking those usual printout will fade eventually... I paid $160 to see Dr Hii, got a scan & urine test, no medications.

Hmm I have seen Dr Hii before but I dont like his clinic. Maybe becos I went on a sat morning. Waiting time quite long & clinic like mkt. You see family.bringing all.their grocery before seeing gyne. Found that his charges oso not that cheap. End up still go back to my prev gyne.
hmm....might be a possible scenario to happen since its located around residential area. I have only seen him once so I can't comment on tat issue. On a personal opinion, gynae is important for me - if I can click n be comfortable wif him/her. If everything oj den I don't mind compromising on the stated scenario - juz hav to avoid weekend appt. But each to their opinion so up to the person involved to choose d gynae :D

I'm seeing at novena hospital since my gynae clinic is thr as well. It will b convenient for gynae to attend to u as soon as possible in case of emergency. N I have seen her give more importance to delivery cases compared to appts - lets face it, during labour time u would rather hav ur gynae delivering ur baby rather than d attending nurse whom u have juz met. So I made my choice in that regards :)

Yes! The ultrasound scan printout is like a photo! How does everyone keep their printouts? I'm thinking those usual printout will fade eventually... I paid $160 to see Dr Hii, got a scan & urine test, no medications.
haha ya...i was charged at $180 - they told me on d phone that doc fee was $90 n ultrasound $90 for first time. Those printouts can't keep so I not sure if thr is a way out of it. Usually my relatives keep it in their wallets until it fades off. Haha so I'm lucky to be able to at least keep my very first ultrasound - tho it juz shows a sac. It can be stored in my album:)

How long does it take to fade? I m keeping them in an album.

How long does it take to fade? I m keeping them in an album.

Think won't fade ba. Mine is the white film paper that is similar to those use in lab to print experience results. As long as u dun put in wallet or places tt keep rubbing on the surface,I dun think will fade. (I worked in the lab tt uses same paper tt use to print ultrasound prints,can keep for many many years in Betw pages leh.)

I pin mine first few ultrasound photos on a board so every time I walk pass,I say hi or good morning. Hahaha

Anyone seeing Dr Caroline at TMC?

Think won't fade ba. Mine is the white film paper that is similar to those use in lab to print experience results. As long as u dun put in wallet or places tt keep rubbing on the surface,I dun think will fade. (I worked in the lab tt uses same paper tt use to print ultrasound prints,can keep for many many years in Betw pages leh.)

I pin mine first few ultrasound photos on a board so every time I walk pass,I say hi or good morning. Hahaha

Anyone seeing Dr Caroline at TMC?

I also dunno but heard nurse at NUH say de, I'm thinking of keeping them in a baby album including the compacting morula photo given by embryologist lol!

I'm with TMC too, but seeing Dr Benjamin Tham :)

I also dunno but heard nurse at NUH say de, I'm thinking of keeping them in a baby album including the compacting morula photo given by embryologist lol!

Maybe can take a photo of the ultrasound to keep,juz in case really fade ah.

My hubby insist to pick a female gynea coz he nt comfortable with male doc looking at his wife. Hahahaa.

I had 1 week of honeymoon period of no puking,and I tot ms is finally over. Until last nite all my lunch and dinner and supper came out. Sianz ah.

Maybe can take a photo of the ultrasound to keep,juz in case really fade ah.

My hubby insist to pick a female gynea coz he nt comfortable with male doc looking at his wife. Hahahaa.

I had 1 week of honeymoon period of no puking,and I tot ms is finally over. Until last nite all my lunch and dinner and supper came out. Sianz ah.

Can also scan & print out to backup haha.

Initially before ttc I'm more comfortable with female gynae, never thought of seeing male gynae but during IVF let male docs (more than one somemore) poke & see all over liao so now dun mind le haha. I find male gynaes very gentle, Dr Ben is the only one who asks permission to do V scan & very super slowly insert until feel nothing at all.

Maybe it's a one off Co's baby dun like the food? I wonder if I'll finally get ms in second tri since I get none in first tri. :x

I m seeing Dr Ben Tham too.
He is a nice and gentle gynae.

By the way you can ask for yr ultrasound to be save in thumb drive

I be switching to dr Benjamin tham soon also after my next visit at sgh .. Previously seen him when trying to get preg .. More comfortable with him

Me too!!! Haha..

We will have not pictures saved in a thumbdrive and 1 printed scan each visit.

If u all scare that the scan will fade den laminate lo.. Laminate won't faint Liao..

Does dr Tham have package ? How much is it?

Yes.. Starting from 12weeks. $650 before gst. Include consultation, scan, urine test and bp. I thk up to 11 visits only. Exceed den need to pay Liao. But usually enough for uncomplicated pregnancy. For me sure not enough.

Vitamins, fish oil, addition medication etc all have to pay separately.

Yes.. Starting from 12weeks. $650 before gst. Include consultation, scan, urine test and bp. I thk up to 11 visits only. Exceed den need to pay Liao. But usually enough for uncomplicated pregnancy. For me sure not enough.

but the package does seem attractive man! 650! I tot most is 800 n above...

Hi mummies! I went for oscar at tmc yst and was asked to go to novena medical centre after an hour wait! Was being attended to within 15 mins at novena, but baby was sitting up during scan and had to go back again in 20 mins. Lucky baby co-operate! Im 13 wks and baby's size is 6.78cm with a hb of 156. Its considered healthy? I asked the sonographer if it means healthy and she said she only do measurements, only my doc can advise?! She doesnt seems very zai to me lor.. anyway im seeing doc 2 wks later so hopefully baby's healthy! :))

measurement an hb all seem healthy and right on track to me... dun worry, congrats and hve a great pregnancy plus smooth delivery!

Ic. Where's his clinic ? Only at tmc ?

Dr tham v encouraging n nice ., ya their pkg is reasonable .. I currently see doc at sgh and No pkg and see doc consultation is $90 and scan $100 plus so even more expensive Lor ..

Wah.. Like that we have 4 mummies with him leh..

Wow didn't realise he's so popular! But I don't wait very long to see him, register at the reception then take urine test and bp & wait 5 minutes see him liao. :) So now we have pooopi, babypom, me and soon to be Dor Dor seeing him.

babypom - I forgot to bring thumbdrive on my first visit la aiyoh! Next visit sure will bring, but I also want to keep physical copies lol

poopi - I bought self-laminating sheets to do non-heat laminating wahahahaha! I'll post a pic of it, found them at Popular but I'm actually looking for 3M brand Popular never carry. I'll do a test piece before doing it to my ultrasound pictures haha...

Soupy - I love your nick! (I'm a major soup lover) Yar lor my hubby says we work hard to make the medical professionals richer... And best is we're so happy to pay them lol

Dor Dor - yes he's really very warm and encouraging. I'm seeing NUH together with TMC cos I kiasu call up to book Dr Tham once saw hb at NUH. I know most probably won't deliver at NUH though the hospital is nice cos very far from my place, and I dunno which gynae to see also since my doc at NUH doesn't do deliveries. First visit at 8w he knew I'm very stressed out & I felt so much better when he happily went: oh see, baby is upside down & see there's a very good hb. Let's hear it ok? Then he went about showing us the umbilical cord etc, and started printing out the scan trying to find the "gold standard position" lol He's really very warm and assuring. I've been to quite a few gynaes in my ttc journey (got 2 at GlenE & one of them steered us in the right direction of IVF after he realised something has to be wrong and requested my hubby to do a semen analysis), then I saw 3 at NUH (2 IVF docs, one female gynae), and I like Dr Ben the most. :) Oh and yes! Govt hospital under private patient is not cheap! I'm paying $90 to see doc and $90 for scan too, and NUH package only begins at week 22, anything before that is ala carte. But I suppose their A1 wards are cheaper bah? (not sure actually, I didn't really look at the ward charges between hospitals haha)

Oops forgot the pic... self-laminating sheets :)

Attachments

• 1400392458415.jpg
    1400392458415.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 142
Hi ladies, I would like to know after going into 14 weeks other than folic acid, what else should be taken? Cos my doc only give me folic acid leh.. And stop my duphaston.

Mapleleafy - ya my Fren all 3 kids delivered under him and at least at tmc is doc scan Lor .. At govt hosp pay so much but scan by sonographer .. I thinking wan call up when to book him when I get my blood test results and after seeing my Gynae on 11 jun or 2 weeks later I will go see him first but I will only have the NT scan report only as I will only get my blood test report on 11 jun .. As also dun wan later next time I see him I missed the detailed scan deadline .. I know 2nd consultation then can book pkg as check with the nurse at tmc ..

I think likely I will wanna deliver at tmc under him .. Sgh only have the maternal pkg for hosp delivery which is either 1 bedded or 4 bedded .. I sld be choosing 2 bedded so have to deliver to tmc ..

Hi ladies, I would like to know after going into 14 weeks other than folic acid, what else should be taken? Cos my doc only give me folic acid leh.. And stop my duphaston.

I saw my Gynae on fri at 12w1d and I am off folic and duphaston .. Was prescribed new obimin but I saw the folic acid is only 1mg in this tablet so wonder is it enuf .. Gynae told me that the tablet is just a supplement as we sld be eating well also so most nutrients can be absorb from food

but the package does seem attractive man! 650! I tot most is 800 n above...

Ya.. His package not ex...

And he is a super nice person... Everytime I go in without appts and got something la.. Den he will frown even more den I do and ask me what happen?? Huh? Backache ar? Don't scare me leh.. Things like that.. Haha..

If not mostly he will greet u with a very big Hi.. Haha

Actually nov thread his mummies like lesser le.. Back then in another thread a lot lo.. Haha.. Almost like 1:3 is his patients..

I didn't know that there is a self laminated machine.. Haha.. Will go get it when my new house come.. Now buy Liao also no use..

Dr Tham will scan for the nasal bone nt measurement again when u come down from the Oscar scan..

Ya.. He is very assuring!!

Thanks ladies! The nurse ask me to jab n I was told that it was compulsory. But when I went to the GP, he was not aware that pregnant ladies had to take the jab so I was like huh?? Will double confirm with the nurse again tomorrow.

Hi mummies , I have question need ur advice.
I hav no ms at all ( no vomit) , like normal pregnant woman have... Only have no appetite in ard wk 6, after confirm pregnant by dr.
I keep asking ard frens , dr, TCM dr, relatives about this , answer still the same, no ms is good lor....
I don't know whether this is just their comforting word or they also don't know why.
Of course a lot of ppl said got ms means bb grow well , is good sign ....
I m very worry ...now in 12 wks still same...
Any mummies can advice ?

I hav no ms at all ( no vomit) , like normal pregnant woman have... Only have no appetite in ard wk 6, after confirm pregnant by dr.
I keep asking ard frens , dr, TCM dr, relatives about this , answer still the same, no ms is good lor....
I don't know whether this is just their comforting word or they also don't know why.
Any mummies can advice ?

I don't have ms as well.. No ma doesn't mean bb not doing well... We are just the lucky one that can enjoy the pregnancy, think it this way..

I m also taking folic acid n fish oil only. No multi vit or calcium pills.

Any mummies can advice ?

I think it's really a blessing to haf no serious ms ah. Really it's no joke. I haf frd tt ms until faint and go hospital to put drip.

U dun worry so much ba.

Back