(2014/08) August 2014

Any itch or irritation? Maybe it's an infection? Have you visited the gynae yet?

i just called in to book an appt for tomorrow. no itch no irritation. but my urine is very yellow too, as if i haven't had enough water. but I'm drinking a lot of fluids and water because i feel very thirsty.

Ladies I need some help. I'm a first time mom and have no experience with how the Gynec's work. I do have a gynec I have seen twice and I like her- ok lets just say neutral. Nothing to complain about her. But I found out yday she does not have an package. For the first scan I paid 192 for scan+ consultation+calcium+mvitamin.

So my first question is how many scans in total will I have to get done. How much are you guys paying for the package? I do understand that couple of comprehensive tests are not included in these packages.

My Doc is at Thomson Medical.

Last edited:
I want to share something that happened yesterday.

Last night, a Malay lady in her 20s came knocking on my door at around after 9-ish pm with 2 kids (one who is about 1.5 years old and the other one is about 3-4 years old) She told me if I have any milk powder to give to her children and told me her younger kid got eczema. I told her I only got Enfa Stage 3 which my toddler is drinking and asked her if she wants.
I gave her about 5 servings of milk powder (last for 5 feeds full bottle). Before I passed her the packet of milk powder I asked her why she never buy milk powder for her child, she said that she got no money. I told her to go RC and reached out to them and she told me she is waiting for the voucher from them. I asked her which block she stays and she told me a block no across the road around my area. I asked her if she is ok, she said she is ok. I passed her the milk powder and she left.
This morning, I walked to the market to get breakfast and heard a guy talking to 2 aunties about a cheat (description fully like the Malay lady I saw). I chipped into their conversation and told them that I gave them milk powder. The guy asked me if she asked me for money...I said no. Apparently she had asked some ppl for money. And she has combed my block, and my next block.
I don't know if I am cheated by this Malay lady but I didn't give her any money. I was just thinking the kids cannot go hungry at least for last night and this morning.

Ladies I need some help. I'm a first time mom and have no experience with how the Gynec's work. I do have a gynec I have seen twice and I like her- ok lets just say neutral. Nothing to complain about her. But I found out yday she does not have an package. For the first scan I paid 192 for scan+ consultation+calcium+mvitamin.

So my first question is how many scans in total will I have to get done. How much are you guys paying for the package? I do understand that couple of comprehensive tests are not included in these packages.

I think everytime you go and see her, gynae will scan you to check on your baby. My scan cost me about SGD48 per my receipt and consultation is about SGD78 (after discount). If you take medication, vitamins, the bill will go up. If possible, you can buy the same vitamins off the counter in future to save cost.
My gynae do not have package too and I got to go ala carte.
For the price you quoted, I do think its almost same as my gynae.
But there are some cheaper gynae as well. It depends on budget & comfort with the gynae at the end of the day. I hope you find the right gynae.

My gynae's package around $550 only included scan and folic acid. Dr Lawrence Ang from TMC. Without package consultation $60 and scan $60.

your_attorney, i had the same encounter! i offered her pediasure which my older boy drinks but she say cannot as her daughter has some allergy then she went away after i gave her some sample diapers as well

Hmmm, it leads me to think is this the latest scam to cheat on milk powder and diapers (as they are not cheap too!!! esp in Singapore)

Around Y2010-2011, there was a mommy who wrote in the forum about a Chinese mommy who openly asked for breast milk as she do not sufficient for her kids. And in the end, it turned out that she was giving breast milk of different mommies to her 2-3kids for god know how long...and I think she also asked for diapers and baby necessities. I wasn't interested in the post prev cos was having no.1 and no clue about all these.

Now this scam is coming back again? And its door to door knocking to ask for milk powder and diapers!!!!

Oreodinary - which area are you staying in? I am staying north eastern region. I am going to report to Town Council and Police!!

I stay in Sengkang. Strange though that she was picky about the milk brand? I had some sample milk powders which she rejected. Since she didn't ask for money, not sure if it is considered cheating?

I think everytime you go and see her, gynae will scan you to check on your baby. My scan cost me about SGD48 per my receipt and consultation is about SGD78 (after discount). If you take medication, vitamins, the bill will go up. If possible, you can buy the same vitamins off the counter in future to save cost.
My gynae do not have package too and I got to go ala carte.
For the price you quoted, I do think its almost same as my gynae.
But there are some cheaper gynae as well. It depends on budget & comfort with the gynae at the end of the day. I hope you find the right gynae.

When you mean discount is it medisave? Sorry as you can tell I'm completely ignorant. Some info on how the medisave works too would be greatly appreciated.

Dear all, is anyone seeing TCM at this stage?

I was seeing TCM before getting a positive, and was told TCM could help to an tai. I'm not sure if I should carry on though...
Any experience in this area?

Also, is eating instant noodle harmful? I am cravings for maggie curry mee, and that seems like the only edibles that doesnt sound revolting to me. I've been feeling queasy at the thoughts of food since last week, everything seems to make me want to vomit but no, i've not actually had a real vomit. It's more a feeling than an act. I can still eat though, just no longer enjoying my food.
Anyone else feeling the same?

Wai wish I saw tcm around week 6 of my pregnancy but tcm just gave me some pills. ( an tai) I have not gone back yet. Guess the pills are enough to last thru my first trimester. If I have aches and discomfort during 2nd trimester, will go back to him (thong chai) but he did say not many tcm will acupuncture preggy. So unless the tcm is experienced he won't acupuncture on you. Just FYI.

Piried, the discount was because I was his ex kkh patient. Now he is in private practise so he gave me discount.
No worries, we are here to learn and share. Hope you find a good gynae.

I read how many could have their little bean's heartbeat measured at 6 weeks. We could only hear (thumping away when gynae turned up the volume) and see heartbeat (flickering) in last visit at 7th week scan exactly. Dr says it is still too little to pick up measurement.

Could this be an issue of machine age? Could older machine makes a difference in picking up measurement?

Is there something to be concerned of? Anyone experience the same and managed to eventually pick up measurement at later scans?

I was seeing TCM before getting a positive, and was told TCM could help to an tai. I'm not sure if I should carry on though...

Also, is eating instant noodle harmful? I am cravings for maggie curry mee, and that seems like the only edibles that doesnt sound revolting to me. I've been feeling queasy at the thoughts of food since last week, everything seems to make me want to vomit but no, i've not actually had a real vomit. It's more a feeling than an act. I can still eat though, just no longer enjoying my food.

OMG I feel the same, I just cannot think about food at all! Its like 15 mins before a meal I think about what to eat. Had 2 chocolate bars today ;p terrible I tell you! Ya I think I would enjoy some maggie too though I haven't had it so far. I did read somewhere its not too good but I guess once in a while may not be too bad?

Hi ladies, i just seen my gynae. My edd 26 Aug. 3rd X mummy. Nice knowing u gers
Hi, our edd is the same. My last scan at 7 weeks only managed to detect by sight and sound of heartbeat, but gynae says still too young to get measured. But i know of someone who had heartbeat measured at 6w.

Have you got your little bean's heartbeat measurement? And when was it?

I will like to have some maggie mee too, but my hubby scold me. Maggie mee is juat alot of msg, trans fat, saturated and, no nutrients. So of cos dont eat the best. Just like Macdonald which i just eat for lunch...HaaHaa. Just moderate la..

I read how many could have their little bean's heartbeat measured at 6 weeks. We could only hear (thumping away when gynae turned up the volume) and see heartbeat (flickering) in last visit at 7th week scan exactly. Dr says it is still too little to pick up measurement.

Could this be an issue of machine age? Could older machine makes a difference in picking up measurement?

Is there something to be concerned of? Anyone experience the same and managed to eventually pick up measurement at later scans?

huh? how come so early measure heartbeat? i only managed to see (didnt even get to hear) the heartbeat for the last 2 visits. my gynae will only let us hear & measure at 12 weeks (same time do OSCAR/ NT test).

she doesn't offer any package at all or the package is not available to u yet (still too early)?

I'm paying $250+ per visit now, include consultation, scan & med. my gynae pkg only starts at week 16 onwards. pkg ard $1500+. on the high side.

typically u go see gynae once every 2-3 weeks during first tri, once a mth during second & early 3rd tri, then once every 1-2 weeks closer to due. also depends if u have any complications & need more close monitoring anot.

huh? how come so early measure heartbeat? i only managed to see (didnt even get to hear) the heartbeat for the last 2 visits. my gynae will only let us hear & measure at 12 weeks (same time do OSCAR/ NT test).
Oh that's good to know. I guess some gynae have newer machines that could pick up measurement earlier.

hi ladies, I'm 5 weeks pregnant and these couple of days, my light yellow discharge has turned dark yellow/light brown and is very thick, almost like a boogey from the nose when having a bad flu. should i be worried?

Hello dear,
I am 6 weeks and experienced spotting like yourself. Went to see Gynae and was given bed rest for 3days.
It might be due to too much movement. Sleep well and don't think negatively yes! :) Drink a lot of water 1.2L per day to keep yourself hydrated.
Also keep light snacks in your handbag! I was so hungry during meetings after meetings > felt lk I was starving my 6weeks fetus.

Anyone experience insomnia like I do? Each time I get up to use the loo in the middle of the night ard 2ish or 3ish am, I'll end up awake all night till 6!

Help!!!!

Anyone experience insomnia like I do? Each time I get up to use the loo in the middle of the night ard 2ish or 3ish am, I'll end up awake all night till 6!

Help!!!!

YES ME!! I always wake up ard 4+am to use the toilet & have difficulty getting back to sleep. so tired when it's time to get up for work. yawnz.. it's gonna get worse esp in 3rd tri & worst when baby is born, super sleep deprived.. try find time to catch up on ur sleep during wkends, it helps..

YES ME!! I always wake up ard 4+am to use the toilet & have difficulty getting back to sleep. so tired when it's time to get up for work. yawnz.. it's gonna get worse esp in 3rd tri & worst when baby is born, super sleep deprived.. try find time to catch up on ur sleep during wkends, it helps..
How many weeks are you at now?

I'm only 7w+....indeed very tiring to get up for work in the early morning.

Me too! Wake up around 4+/5+ attend to my 18months to giv him milk at the same time go for a loo. After that I hav nose blocked which make me has a hard time on the bed till morning. tiring!!

Help!!!!

Sometimes..but I get tired easily. So now I sleep abt 9plus. And my son will wake me up for milk at 2plus or 4plus. And I wake up at 7am.. Still Feeling like zombie

Instant noodles are ok to eat.. just no nutrition value. Dont just eat instant noodle ok le. I crave for them at times too. My colleague who is abt to gv birth had them for lunch when she cldnt stomach other food too. So ok de. Just not for every meal.

My gynae package is about 500++ and only will start when passed the first trimester. Usually you will visit your gynae monthly, until the last two months, which will change to fortnightly and eventually weekly as approaching due date.
Extra test and other multi-vit are excluded from the package (but usually can choose to buy or don't buy)

Eating instant noodle in moderate as it is still high in salt content... you will not wish to get complication in later stage... so try to eat in moderate.

Thanks for the instant noodle feedback. I think i might cave in to my cravings only to feel guilty after, knowing i'm giving the little bean nutrition-less food. But really, the thought of any other edibles makes me want to puke. Not really puke, just this queasy feeling.

And since ytd, I've had this weird taste in my mouth. Not metallic taste, i just cant quite pinpoint the taste. Something unpleasant.

Now I wish I could have a cold drink like chilled 100 plus.

Anyone took chilled drinks? My gynae says ok to have cold drinks, the colder the better. But I am still wary...too paranoid.

Waiwish... I tk cold drinks in moderate oso.. sometimes I find plain water unpleasant I add in 100 plus.. or if im rly craving for cold drink I wait to for drink to b less chilled thn drink.. don't drink drinks with ice though not good.

Thanks for the instant noodle feedback. I think i might cave in to my cravings only to feel guilty after, knowing i'm giving the little bean nutrition-less food. But really, the thought of any other edibles makes me want to puke. Not really puke, just this queasy feeling.

And since ytd, I've had this weird taste in my mouth. Not metallic taste, i just cant quite pinpoint the taste. Something unpleasant.

Now I wish I could have a cold drink like chilled 100 plus.

Anyone took chilled drinks? My gynae says ok to have cold drinks, the colder the better. But I am still wary...too paranoid.

With #1 I had maggie noodles nearly everyday for lunch. I would say at least 4 days a week? I had lots of fast food and cold soft drinks too while preggy as I kinda grew up on all these junk. So I'm still trying my best to cut down on these, a small step at a time :)

Help!!!!

Hello dear!

I started on this regime so that I don't get up to pee in the middle of the night, so far 2 nights working fine!
Must drink at least 1.25L of h20 thus;

9-11am 250ml
11-1pm "
1-3pm "
3-5pm "
5-7pm "

After 7pm stop drinking water

Read this somewhere and like it! hehe! Of cos during the day means alot of peeing but no prob for me la :)

I have been reading alot and this is my snacking diet, so far I am feeling good!

Cut Apple
1/2 Avocado - yummy!!
Banana
*Carrot Juice (no ice)
*Watermelon Juice (no ice) > I had fresh juice today! Shall stop this after reading the below
Royal Mix nuts > as attached, even my colleagues love it! it contains so much healthy nuts and not oily, very good investment

*All juices should be consumed as a pasteurized product. If the juice is not pasteurized, e.g. if you buy it freshly pressed, that means it has not been heated enough to kill the bacteria in the juice. This could lead to a food bourne illness that may be harmful to baby or mom. - See more at: http://www.babymed.com/food-and-nut...t-juice-during-pregnancy#sthash.LW92jGAA.dpuf

Attachments

• 7849040126_d816ba6821_z.jpg
    7849040126_d816ba6821_z.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 179

Back