(2014/08) August 2014

I only confirmed the gender during my detailed scan around week 17 for #1. Before that my gynae did guess the gender based on the previous scans but said it's not a sure-thing till the detailed scan.

I'm the complete opposite from quite a few of you, no ms and great appetite! In fact, I have to eat every 45 minutes or so if not I'll start to feel very breathless or light-headed. My tummy growls nearly every hour as well! It was this way too when I was preggie with #1 and I gained 20+kg by the end of my first pregnancy even though #1 was only around 2.7kg at birth :p

I only confirmed the gender during my detailed scan around week 17 for #1. Before that my gynae did guess the gender based on the previous scans but said it's not a sure-thing till the detailed scan.

I'm the complete opposite from quite a few of you, no ms and great appetite! In fact, I have to eat every 45 minutes or so if not I'll start to feel very breathless or light-headed. My tummy growls nearly every hour as well! It was this way too when I was preggie with #1 and I gained 20+kg by the end of my first pregnancy even though #1 was only around 2.7kg at birth :p
How I envy you!!

me too!! i actually got to eat to ease my ms!! feel nauseous & dizzy if never snack every 2-3hrs. gained abt 20kg for my #1 too (#1 was 3.2kg). think this time also will be more or less same. :(

did u manage to lose the weight?

Congrats tiffy0410! Is this your first baby?

Hi prired, I'm totally with you on how time seems to standstill suddenly. I look forward to gynae visits too.
Two more days, and you will be greeted by your little sweet surprise.

Do you already have morning sickness?
Thanks prired and waiwish! My #1!! Super excited and nervous with wanting everything to go well!

me too!! i actually got to eat to ease my ms!! feel nauseous & dizzy if never snack every 2-3hrs. gained abt 20kg for my #1 too (#1 was 3.2kg). think this time also will be more or less same. :(

did u manage to lose the weight?

Yeah I managed to lose all the pregnancy weight through breastfeeding but it took quite long to lose it all!

I think it took me about 6 months to get back to pre-preg weight. My post-natal massage lady also told me next pregnancy not to gain so much weight haha :p

Sweetmadness did post-natal massage help with getting rid of some of the pregnant weight? I have heard mixed reviews..
Oh and how long did you breastfeed?

Sweetmadness did post-natal massage help with getting rid of some of the pregnant weight? I have heard mixed reviews..
Oh and how long did you breastfeed?

For me post-natal massage did help a little. After 5 sessions, from 20kg preg weight to lose, to about 13kg left (approx 7kg loss). But I can't say it was all due to the massage as some weight loss was probably due to breastfeeding and lack of sleep too!

What was really good to me was the traditional tummy wrapping. It really did help to flatten back & firm up the extremely loose tummy. After each wrap session my tummy visibly shrank, flattened & firmed up. So I would definitely do it again after #2 :)

I'm actually still breastfeeding #1 (just turned 15 months old) because he refuses to wean. He loves to latch way too much!

Talking abt lose weight ..I manage to lose n left few kg to b4 preg on no 1 ....but I keep eat supper n end up shoot up again ....now no2 ...I tell hb no supper next time for me ...

Mummies who have had babies before when did you find out the sex of your baby??
Usually for boys, they can be detected as early as 12weeks if they are facing in the correct position. Else usually can 100% during detailed scan.

My friend has unconfirmed gender all the way till before She is born... and even during detailed scan, they have no way to identify! Haha

For me post-natal massage did help a little. After 5 sessions, from 20kg preg weight to lose, to about 13kg left (approx 7kg loss). But I can't say it was all due to the massage as some weight loss was probably due to breastfeeding and lack of sleep too!

What was really good to me was the traditional tummy wrapping. It really did help to flatten back & firm up the extremely loose tummy. After each wrap session my tummy visibly shrank, flattened & firmed up. So I would definitely do it again after #2 :)

I'm actually still breastfeeding #1 (just turned 15 months old) because he refuses to wean. He loves to latch way too much!
Wow, seems like your massage lady did a good job and ingredient of the tummy wrap must be good also. Can you recommend her to me?:p Me did the massage and wrap also last pregnancy but no much different before and after :rolleyes:

Talking abt lose weight ..I manage to lose n left few kg to b4 preg on no 1 ....but I keep eat supper n end up shoot up again ....now no2 ...I tell hb no supper next time for me ...

me too.. i managed to lose most of it thro' the course of 1yr by taking care of my boy & carrying him, very siong! in fact even reach pre-preggy weight when i fell terribly sick once.. but gained back quite abit coz keep pigging out after i recovered.. hahah.. so can't really blame my boy/pregnancy for the weight gain.. :p

this time muz control!!!!!

wah sounds good! i'm interested to know the post-natal massage contact too. btw, when did u start ur post-natal massage ah? i had emergency c-sect & infection after that, so could only start after 6wks, so probably not much effect by then.. :(

I think post natal massage is v dependent on the person's body and whether you have natural delivery or c-sect.
I was 47-49 kg (pre-preg) and was 62 kg (due to give birth). I had a c-sect and did the post natal massage but I don't find much help.
When I returned to office, I think I was like 55-57kg (after 4 mths maternity leave) I lost most of it within 6 months and down to 50kg.

50 kg seems to be the forever number which I can nvr force it down! *damn!!!!*
Now that I am having no. 2, I just dropped 1 kg - 49 kg now due to bad appetite (hardly eat rice) and MS.

Not to discourage any mummies from post natal massage cos I will still be going for it.
I am now researching on this gua sha method and yoga (after birth)to slim down as well.
Hopefully we will have more participants who can give their 2 cents worth on ways to go down to our pre preg weight (esp after no.2)

Wow, seems like your massage lady did a good job and ingredient of the tummy wrap must be good also. Can you recommend her to me?:p Me did the massage and wrap also last pregnancy but no much different before and after :rolleyes:

wah sounds good! i'm interested to know the post-natal massage contact too. btw, when did u start ur post-natal massage ah? i had emergency c-sect & infection after that, so could only start after 6wks, so probably not much effect by then.. :(

My massage lady was one I found recommended on this forum (Mariam 81337558). The only thing I didn't like was the oil she used so after every session I would immediately try to wash it all off without wetting the tummy wrapping.

I started the post-natal massage 3 days after delivering. Mine was a natural delivery so I just told her when I delivered and she came over to my place the day after I checked out from hospital.

I think post natal massage is v dependent on the person's body and whether you have natural delivery or c-sect.
I was 47-49 kg (pre-preg) and was 62 kg (due to give birth). I had a c-sect and did the post natal massage but I don't find much help.
When I returned to office, I think I was like 55-57kg (after 4 mths maternity leave) I lost most of it within 6 months and down to 50kg.

50 kg seems to be the forever number which I can nvr force it down! *damn!!!!*
Now that I am having no. 2, I just dropped 1 kg - 49 kg now due to bad appetite (hardly eat rice) and MS.

Not to discourage any mummies from post natal massage cos I will still be going for it.
I am now researching on this gua sha method and yoga (after birth)to slim down as well.
Hopefully we will have more participants who can give their 2 cents worth on ways to go down to our pre preg weight (esp after no.2)

Yeah I agree, it's quite dependent on individual body and other factors too.

I was 43/44kg pre-preg and went up to 64/65kg a few days before delivery (I probably ate for 3 during my pregnancy :p).

It seemed to take forever to lose all the preg weight after that but eventually I did, mainly through breastfeeding for me. Since #1 was 6 months old till now 15 months old, I've maintained at my pre-preg 44kg.

Hi all mommies,

May i be added into the Aug bb fb group?

email: [email protected]

It my #2 baby, edd 6 Aug. Anyone of same edd? Just went to have my first scan last thursday at week 8. My gynae is Dr Joycelyn Wong. She is a very friendly gynae and she patiently explained to you all information even it is already my 2nd pregnancy. My first bb gynae is Dr Eunice Chua, she is nice but she is always in the rush to send u off her clinic cos of the long queue.

My massage lady was one I found recommended on this forum (Mariam 81337558). The only thing I didn't like was the oil she used so after every session I would immediately try to wash it all off without wetting the tummy wrapping.

I started the post-natal massage 3 days after delivering. Mine was a natural delivery so I just told her when I delivered and she came over to my place the day after I checked out from hospital.
Thanks for the contact ;)
Btw, how much she charge?

It seems like a handful of mommies is having constipation problem. My #1 I got no problem with my bowel but this #2 is totally different. even since tested positive, starts to have this constipation problem. I can't poo if i never have fruit intake everyday. Papaya so far is the best solution. I heard it can be 'liang', hopefully it won't affect baby.

For first time mommy, pls do avoid orange and those 'ang mo' banana sold in supermarket. Can't remember the brand name. It suppose to be very 'liang', banana u can take those small short kind. Orange is bcos baby born will have alot phlegm, fear of developing asthma. My #1, I ate oranges quite often so bb really alot of phlegm. Better to believe what elderly say sometimes.

It seems like a handful of mommies is having constipation problem. My #1 I got no problem with my bowel but this #2 is totally different. even since tested positive, starts to have this constipation problem. I can't poo if i never have fruit intake everyday. Papaya so far is the best solution. I heard it can be 'liang', hopefully it won't affect baby.

For first time mommy, pls do avoid orange and those 'ang mo' banana sold in supermarket. Can't remember the brand name. It suppose to be very 'liang', banana u can take those small short kind. Orange is bcos baby born will have alot phlegm, fear of developing asthma. My #1, I ate oranges quite often so bb really alot of phlegm. Better to believe what elderly say sometimes.

Oops, I just eaten few oranges over the past weeks. Anyway will try to avoid. Thanks for the infor. :)

Oops, I just eaten few oranges over the past weeks. Anyway will try to avoid. Thanks for the infor. :)

Yes, I also believe orange may cause phlegm. I also avoid 100%. CNY coming. better not eat the mardarin orange also. My #01 is 20mths. Touchwood, till now he never really cough and have any phlegm before. And don't eat soya beancurd also.

Hello everyone!

I am new here.
Received the biggest Christmas pressie ever on 23 Dec. =)

A 1st time mom... so looking forward to get wonderful tips from all of you.

Since I have found out that I am pregnant, I actually was sick with flu & cough for a week.
From then on, I have been feeling really tired and sleepy everyday.. wondering if it's normal.

Been craving for hot, spicy and flavorful food everyday, though I wonder if Chili is actually good for my baby..

Hello everyone!

I am new here.

Since I have found out that I am pregnant, I actually was sick with flu & cough for a week.
From then on, I have been feeling really tired and sleepy everyday.. wondering if it's normal.

Been craving for hot, spicy and flavorful food everyday, though I wonder if Chili is actually good for my baby..

Hello, congrats and welcome! I actually want to eat spicy and fried food too.... and I don't like the taste of rice now which I find it kinda weird myself...

Hihi Everyone !!

I'm a 2nd time mummy, currently SAHM and my #1 just turned 13mths.. everything was so unplanned this time round cos i was still exclusive pumping and nvr expect will get preggy...

Can add me to the fb grp too ?

My cravings are the same as my #1... salads, tofu, yoghurt, milk and beef ....

I nvr restrict myself on any food during my #1 time, even ate sashimi, medium well beef and all those food tat alot mummies would avoid.. cos my gynae told me everything can eat but eat in moderation..

Last edited:
Hello, congrats and welcome! I actually want to eat spicy and fried food too.... and I don't like the taste of rice now which I find it kinda weird myself...

Thanks!
I find rice is ok as long as I drenched it with a lot of sauces.. =P
I think my biggest problem now is that I feel nausea drinking plain water so I have to take sweeten water.
100 plus is now my best friend, tho I am trying to cut down on it.

Oops, i has been eating orange every day. No wonder i feel cool. Thanks for the info:)

I has been drinking soya milk every morning for pass few days also. :eek: I'm not first time mummy but forgotted what foods to avoid:p

Hello everyone!

I am new here.

hi, it's normal. our immunity is lower when we are pregnant. also tend to feel very tired n sleepy in first trimester. body is going thro' a tough job of creating a baby now. need to cut it some slack. I also crave for strong, flavorful & spicy food. in fact craving for McDonald's curly fries + curry sauce NOW! hahha.

I has been drinking soya milk every morning for pass few days also. :eek: I'm not first time mummy but forgotted what foods to avoid:p

I heard soya milk ok. soya beancurd not ok. it's the stuff they add to make the milk into beancurd that's cooling.

I also believe everything in moderation is ok. I still take coffee/tea, half boiled eggs, watermelon, soya beancurd, etc, but everything bit bit only.

I heard soya milk ok. soya beancurd not ok. it's the stuff they add to make the milk into beancurd that's cooling.

I also believe everything in moderation is ok. I still take coffee/tea, half boiled eggs, watermelon, soya beancurd, etc, but everything bit bit only.

Xuefan, soya milk drink ok. High in calcium.
But not the beancurd. Like almond curd la, pudding la.. Better avoid. Cos they put the hardening powder, is bad. My mum eat alot when having my brother. Whole family only my brother have asthmas. And his asthmas quite bad. I dare not eat..

Hello mummies to be!
My name is Lydia :)
My edd is 31 Aug
So happy to be back in forum! The last i joined was when i was preparing for my wedding in Oct 2011. Made many new friends there & we are still actively conversing in groupchat. :)

Looking forward to making more friends in the same season of life! :)

Xuefan, soya milk drink ok. High in calcium.
But not the beancurd. Like almond curd la, pudding la.. Better avoid. Cos they put the hardening powder, is bad. My mum eat alot when having my brother. Whole family only my brother have asthmas. And his asthmas quite bad. I dare not eat..
Thanks for the info dear! :)

For those who experience constipation, try taking prune juice. I use S&W organic prune juice, available in NTUC.
It works, and it is best to stay home in the next 3hours after drinking coz you will need immediate access to a clean toilet.
I try to drink that only when I have not passed motion for 3 days, coz I fear drinking daily will cause unwanted contractions.

I heard if I do the Harmony Prenatal test, I will be able to find out the sex of the baby and it is 99% accurate per gynae.

my gynae said the same too.. tempted to do the harmony test, but its too ex..

juz went for 2nd visit today. everything is good so far. gonna do OSCAR/NT test next visit at 12 wks. will do the harmony test if tested high risk.

Hey everyone, JTS about this place I went to for pre natal massages, she's very very good. Got strength (and not those who are like kinda scared to touch pregnant ladies).
smile.png

Review is here: Pre Natal Body Massage at Nouri Face & Body Concepts | NGJUANN.COM

The highlight is that she is having a 1 for 1 deal now. So each 60 mins massage goes for $98... that means $98 for 2 sessions now. Quite a good deal imho.
smile.png

hi ladies, I'm 5 weeks pregnant and these couple of days, my light yellow discharge has turned dark yellow/light brown and is very thick, almost like a boogey from the nose when having a bad flu. should i be worried?

Mua mua you need to see doc to take medication. I had such discharged before in my 5-6 weeks. Was given 2 weeks bed rest. If there is fresh. Bleeding and cramp, need to see gynae immediately.

hi ladies, I'm 5 weeks pregnant and these couple of days, my light yellow discharge has turned dark yellow/light brown and is very thick, almost like a boogey from the nose when having a bad flu. should i be worried?

Any itch or irritation? Maybe it's an infection? Have you visited the gynae yet?

Mua mua you need to see doc to take medication. I had such discharged before in my 5-6 weeks. Was given 2 weeks bed rest. If there is fresh. Bleeding and cramp, need to see gynae immediately.

I've had cramps since implantation time and not gone away ever since... but it's not severe so i ignored it...

Back