(2014/05) May 2014

hey mummies, thx for the welcome.

So mostly shifted to FB for the chat ah... No wonder the thread here seems to be moving quite slowly.

jo78, yr banner looks cute. How to add huh ?

On ya to ans rainbowstarz qns, i yet to noe my bb gender. Wanna chk during wk 16 but he/she refused to reveal the pp... lol...

So mostly shifted to FB for the chat ah... No wonder the thread here seems to be moving quite slowly.

On ya to ans rainbowstarz qns, i yet to noe my bb gender. Wanna chk during wk 16 but he/she refused to reveal the pp... lol...

Hi if you click on the banner, it will bring u to the website where you can set one up :)

This thread already quite fast compared to other threads, no? today quieter, rainy weather, all zzz-ing? hahaha I say that cos I am very sleepy myself hahaha

can't add, got the message that says you've already been invited to the group. Check your email?

Hi Jo,

I also still cannot see the FB invite? My email is [email protected]

Just got back from a quick weekend in SG. It was definitely nice to be back, even though for only a few days. Packed loads of snacks to bring back for the colleagues. 16kg worth! Hahahahaha.....

Baby was curled up. Refused to cooperate with gynae. Reminded me of #1, who made us spend the longest time during the detailed scan cos she was so "shy" that she didn't want to reveal her gender.

i feel cramp at times too, in fact until now week 17 alr, still feeling nausea.. so sian.... this is so unlike my first pregnancy, i think i can feel my bidy aging alr.. :(
Jus hope the bb be healthy and grow well.. anyway its the festive season, so lets all enjoy~! heehe

Sama-sama... This baby is picky. Food in SG acceptable. Food in China? Don't like. I guess it has to do with quality of produce.

Hi Jo,

I also still cannot see the FB invite? My email is [email protected]

Just got back from a quick weekend in SG. It was definitely nice to be back, even though for only a few days. Packed loads of snacks to bring back for the colleagues. 16kg worth! Hahahahaha.....

Baby was curled up. Refused to cooperate with gynae. Reminded me of #1, who made us spend the longest time during the detailed scan cos she was so "shy" that she didn't want to reveal her gender.
Erm... not sure what is the issue, I can't invite u again cos I got the reply that you've already been invited to the group. Could it be in yr spam box?

I'm just wondering for those who have been invited to FB, will they come back here to chat with us? :(

I am guessing those curled up ones are usually girls. Mine was curled all the way to 20 weeks. I took a long time for detailed scan coz' my DD refused to budge. Aiyoh.

I'm just wondering for those who have been invited to FB, will they come back here to chat with us? :(

I am guessing those curled up ones are usually girls. Mine was curled all the way to 20 weeks. I took a long time for detailed scan coz' my DD refused to budge. Aiyoh.
agree .gals seems naturally shy.?my gal too at 20mths.my boy super dafang till many of my colegs vry surprised that at 13wks gender is known alrdy.haha

same here. Don't like to login FB. Preferred slower pace now.
Can chat here? I'm also new in this thread.
having my 3rd bb one, ordered bedrest for 3 weeks..
so bored... but i only sit down, surfing net/watch videos etc instead of lying in bed..didn't move ard except gtg toilet and having drinks..

Erm... not sure what is the issue, I can't invite u again cos I got the reply that you've already been invited to the group. Could it be in yr spam box?

That's the weird thing. I never received any email before from FB about this group, not in any folder. Can you PM me the group name and I try searching in FB myself and request to be added?

Bwahahaha... My girl too. So young, so shy... :) I do hope is a girl. For practical reasons... can recycle all the clothes.

Did my Black Friday sales. Waiting for the orders to slowly slowly crawl their way to comgateway for processing.

so bored... but i only sit down, surfing net/watch videos etc instead of lying in bed..didn't move ard except gtg toilet and having drinks..
wat happen to u? y bedrest? same as me bed rest for a total of 3+ wks in oct :(

Hi hi! You SAHM or working mom? What happened? How come need bedrest?

Not too sure but I think ngor fish is good (threadfin/ikan kurau). Cannot find in Shanghai.

I saw threadfin in one of the import supermarkets in Wuhan. Maybe the import supermarkets in SHA will have?

I just buy salmon from the import supermarkets usually.

I'm here! and in FB at the same time, many mums there so abit more discussions going on there but we can discuss here too! :)

My detailed scan is next Thu, soooo looking forward to seeing the little one in my belly... haha

I'm here! and in FB at the same time, many mums there so abit more discussions going on there but we can discuss here too! :)

My detailed scan is next Thu, soooo looking forward to seeing the little one in my belly... haha

I see. Maybe can tell them about this thread and ask them to chat here too? More people more fun mah. Hhahhaa. But why ah? Why people prefer to chat in FB? I am concerned about privacy. Won't you be able to see everyone's profile etc?

I see. Maybe can tell them about this thread and ask them to chat here too? More people more fun mah. Hhahhaa. But why ah? Why people prefer to chat in FB? I am concerned about privacy. Won't you be able to see everyone's profile etc?
Erm depending on the privacy level u set, I can only see names. Because it's a private grp, only members in the grp can see each other's activity in the group, so far I don't find privacy and issue. Perhaps some ppl prefer it becos they are used to the FB interface, it's also easier to share links and photos.

Hi Mummies-to-be.. Im new here.. My Edd is on 23rd May.. First pregnancy.. Not sure its a girl or boy yet.. Pretty Excited for the detail scan next week!! So do we chat in this forum or there is actually a FB group? Im confused.. Lol

Hi jo78, Im planning to get the baby crib from ikea.. Consider pretty and not so expensive..
Hi Mich, I like the Ikea Gulliver crib too, but I was hoping to find one that is not drop side and can be converted to a junior bed, and except for the really expensive brands like stokke, I haven't been able to find any as yet...

Hi Mummies-to-be.. Im new here.. My Edd is on 23rd May.. First pregnancy.. Not sure its a girl or boy yet.. Pretty Excited for the detail scan next week!! So do we chat in this forum or there is actually a FB group? Im confused.. Lol
There's both an FB group and a group going on here. So depending on which interface you prefer.
Hi jo78, Im planning to get the baby crib from ikea.. Consider pretty and not so expensive..
My thoughts about IKEA cribs are that they're pretty small and not very user friendly. And you can only get beddings from them. You must give thought to when the baby grows bigger. The crib may not be big enough.

There's both an FB group and a group going on here. So depending on which interface you prefer.

My thoughts about IKEA cribs are that they're pretty small and not very user friendly. And you can only get beddings from them. You must give thought to when the baby grows bigger. The crib may not be big enough.
Wah.. Thanks for the info.. Haven started looking for baby stuff yet..

Still waiting for a kind soul to add me into the FB group.. Haha.. [email protected]

Thanks again..

Ya the size of the Ikea bed is partly why I am dragging my feet abt it, plus the fact that I'd like one that can convert to a junior bed. I've been to Baby Hyperstore and Baby Kingdom, all their cribs are dropside models, which I prefer not to but the size is more ideal.

By the way, for bedding, you mean if we buy cribs from the stores outside, the cribs are all standard size and we can get the covers anywhere?

Ya the size of the Ikea bed is partly why I am dragging my feet abt it, plus the fact that I'd like one that can convert to a junior bed. I've been to Baby Hyperstore and Baby Kingdom, all their cribs are dropside models, which I prefer not to but the size is more ideal.

By the way, for bedding, you mean if we buy cribs from the stores outside, the cribs are all standard size and we can get the covers anywhere?
What do you mean by drop side models? My DD's one can remove one side and convert into a bed. But honestly, they will outgrow that by they are 3 also. So still have to get a toddler bed no matter how. Yes, can get crib beddings from outside. I like those jersey material ones by mothercare, very comfortable. Aussino used to sell them too. But not sure about now.

What do you mean by drop side models? My DD's one can remove one side and convert into a bed. But honestly, they will outgrow that by they are 3 also. So still have to get a toddler bed no matter how. Yes, can get crib beddings from outside. I like those jersey material ones by mothercare, very comfortable. Aussino used to sell them too. But not sure about now.
http://www.webmd.com/parenting/news/20101215/drop-side-cribs-banned-safety-issues

Dropside cribs are the cribs we commonly see in SG which has a side that we can lower to give easier access to bb. The US is the only country that has banned it, I don't think it's the same in UK and Europe. so dropside cribs should still be safe... But this article from Babycenter UK indicates that as long as cribs satisfy a certain safety standard and the grilles are no less than 2.5cm and no more than 5cm apart, it should be safe for use.

Sounds geeky right? haha:oops:

btw ladies, I've passed the msg to the FB group, most say they dont login here anymore or even forgot their password so... o_O

Back