(2014/01) January 2014

hey gals,
glad to see most doing well. wish hopeful and GBOB all the best!

after gynae gave me new version of folic acid which is supposed to counter nausea, i had been gagging at everything i eat. sigh...

birth plan wise, hope like my #1, natural without epi *cross fingers*

freedom_renren , HI5! let jiayou together!

(starry1803) & nidellia
No choice mother nature, i will try to do anything to protect my baby LOL.Do consider but if u think u really cant , then dont force...Now I decide this but if I m very weak or think will faint , i may consider EPI but hope not.
Actually my pain tolerance is low but I will try my best

(lerainbow) can consider no EPI! I wonder how much cheaper?

(darbebe) , 11-14weeks,accuracy is 80%
happy.gif

I skip oscar test cos i will keep the baby no matter what...
It is my first child & I am 34.

I just realised for me , i force myself to eat when I m nauseous cos it is meal time, after meal I m ok.
So now when I feel a little nauseous, i quickly take a bite...
Hope it helps every one

I never liked chocolates but these days it has been my saviour in office... been trying to eat fuller breakfast else by 1pm I will feel the fainting spell and terrible for the rest of the day. Anyway, both my kids are csect as my #1 head didn't turn down..

thank you mummies. I guess I still can take the Oscar test after my first visit to gynae.

My MS hits me in the evening. The bloatedness makes me no appetitie for dinner hence been taking very little. Weight still stagnant.

JuJu, kudos to you. Deliver without epi. I had wanted to go without epi the 2nd pregnancy but the lady next to me was screaming her head off the whole time and that freaked me out. Moreover, was told the option will be out in another 2 hours time. in the end, gave in to epi in case I can't take the pain as the labour progresses.

heaven, think try to eat less chocolate. Cos they say have caffaine inside. hehe but then, i do indulge even though i ask ppl to not eat. lol

juju78: what folic acid is it? Does it help?

Vee: I intending to engaged. But cNY period think is 4K. Omg. My previous time, the moment i know i am preggy, i book my cl. Who knows it turn out to be a misfortunate case. Sigh. Think this time round i cfm everything liao then call her.

Hi Shan,
sorry to hear abt the first. this one will be smooth sailing
happy.gif

i was looking through the forum for confinement nanny last night. and i was surprise ppl booked 8-9mths in advance. makes me gan chiong now. somemore ours are cny period. confirm expensive
>.<

darbebe,
i was very insistent until last 30mins then wanted epi, but too late cos more than 7mm dilated. hahaha! but dun regret, painful but memorable! hahaha!

shan,
folic acid shld be taken by mummy once start to try for baby. it helps wif neural and spinal devt of baby.

vee,
im not getting one. #1, mil helped out and i almost went into depression. this time, i will do it myself. mum &amp; mil welcome to visit wif food and occasional helping hand. prob get hubby to take 1 wk leave at the start since i will still be in pain. jus hope it is still natural and not c-sect birth!

bluerosie,
me also with ACJ, but under dr khi. =)

i'm definitely gg for epidural no matter what. haha.

nice to meet u all mummies! today is my week 10.

Hi Mummies, i have alotof chocolates,tea , beer , softdrink, cold drink during my pregnancy but i didnt know I m pregnant ...
Once i know I m pregnant, i try not to eat...
i eat ruffle potato chips today , i saw no preservative
happy.gif

(bb_hopeful) &amp; the rest
I hope my mum can be my CL....
not sure how much to give her..
MIL definitely no. When my hse is not ready, i have 2mths stay with her, really the whole hse upside down with her acting...
Until now, my hubby still believe his mum

I am thinking of not getting a CL. My last confinement was a nightmare. Most probably not getting my mum to help as well. She has health problem and hb didn't want me to do my confinement at her place during my boy's time. Definitely not mil. She is too possessive. She didn't allow me to go near my boy when he was newborn. She told my boy not to look for me when he first started to recognise me.
But then

I will need a CL.
both side of parents run their own business.
both said they can babysit on weekends but i have to settle my own food. and we aren't keen on having a helper/maid.

just called one which my sis-in-law used twice. she quote me $4800 for cny. i told her to go rob :x it is ridiculous

But then, I am going for csec. So not sure how to cope in the first 2 weeks.

Musicgenie,
My mil also same kind. My hb also believe in her. -

Hi ladies just went for my scan at 7.5 weeks. Saw baby's heartbeat so super excited!
happy.gif
. Anyone delivering at mt e? My ivf dr delivers there and I would like to stay with her but heard mt e quite ex. Yah, tried calling some CLs but they not very keen to do over cny! And the price is exorbitant...

Apple, u have tingkat service to recommend? my gf engaged one (chillipadi) for 2 weeks and she said she got so sick of the food after a week.

Hi ladies

I am 8 weeks pregnant and have encounter spotting since i realise i am pregnant, been constantly eating Duphaston twice a day and injection once a week (ouch) hope my lil baby will be fine! I seen its heart beat its so amazing! =P

Yes Darbebe, even though we said we engaged her for my 2 nephew n niece. she still say cos cny so $4800.
my mom is the one who made the call. all i heard was: u might as well go rob.
haha

Hi alexis, welcome and congrats
happy.gif

all the little fighters will be doing just fine!

musicgenie,
minimum $800, jus a token for their trouble and also confinement period not "clean".

it's normal for CLs to go beyond 3.5k during CNY period. cos they are Chinese, also wan to celebrate mah.

i will be ordering confinement food via tingkat, hvn't decide frm which company though

I can't remember the confinement food company at the moment. Did the research during my first confinement with the thought of sending my cl off after seeing her work attitude for first 3 days. I think natal essential is one of them.

Hei ladies, I just booked my cl at 3.6k when she normally charges 2.2k. Haiz . No choice as ours span across cny. Kiasu a bit as a lot of cl not doing during cny period.

Currently going to 11weeks. Doing my Oscar test soon. God bless our little ones to be growing healthily.

hello mommies.. so mani days i din log in and so mani new mommies!! wahh CNY CL rate so ex ar.. i still tot of not troubling my mom.. but i still with my own mommy the best..

btw for those who ask their own mom to do confinement, how much do you give? market rate or sufficient to buy ingredients??

wa vee,4.8k is really very ex!!!

wa yukimi, 3.6k also not cheap. so when is your edd?? me too going for the oscar test next wed!

i think i will def need cl as both mum and mil cannot help to do confinement. so what should i take note for cl? Do they need to cook for us or just look after baby?

juju78 (bb_hopeful)
Thanks for the information
happy.gif

Still havent decide yet, i will wait until 2nd trimster

Apple
I think MIL is no no, they are not our real mother, they wont take care of us properly.
I do encounter friend same situation as you &amp; hubby dont believe
But without CL, how do survive? We cant touch water for 1 mth...

Hi Vee,
$4.8k! Does the amount include the meal she bought or u buy food for her to cook?

T_T (jt_junior)
This thread is so hot now! Do log in everyday :D
I m thinking of asking my mum to help...
Our own mum is the best.
I wanna give her a flat rate include all the food...

Nidellia,
Gd CLs will take care of baby and mum, everything they need, cook for mum. Bonus points if they cook for the family and do housework for u as well. Also need to ask if their rates cover herbal bath, cooking herbs and ingredients, cooking for family. Also ask if they will do night shift whn bb wake up at nite, etc.

Ahem... Haro gals! I'm "back" *waves waves

Turns out there's really something called "miracle". 1st apt today n erm, Got heartbeat!! I was so prepared to go for d&amp;c. Gynae say I gei kiang.... Zzzz

Musicgenie,
Dat time i gave mil $500 cos everyone say token can liao. Then i got scolding frm my mum, minimum must be $800. If wanna give more, depends on ur financial situation etc bah? Or maybe think as giving outside CL money to own mum to do

Musicgenie, one month cannot bathe?? I Dun think I can tahan man. I sure go bathe.

Juju78, thanks for the guide. Now I know how to ask.

Gbob, congrats!! Really a miracle!!! Must take extra care!!

Nidellia,
Think thr r more qns u can ask. Jus google ya?

Musicgenie,
I din follow the water rule. Mil was horrified to noe dat i had a gd long shower in hospital before i went home, though it was using hot water. 3rd day at hm, i alrdy cannot tahan and cried to hb to let me shower, make him go tell his mum. Dat's why now i dun wan her to do for me. Cos she blindly follow myths and dun listen to logic. She like to do things when it conveniences her.

Anyway, olden China say no water contact cos water was cold and dirty, esp in winter times. So women in confinement shld not touch water. But imagine the kind of hygiene!!! Yucks!!!
Dat said, in dat mth, we shld try to hot sponge in initial wk, then hot quick bath wif herbal water when realli nid to bathe. If i needed a hairwash, i do it whn me or bb went bk to hospital for chk up, then hb drop me at salon for gd wash. Naturally, hairdresser was shocked dat i was still in confinement but she din nag, jus gave me a gd wash

The cl i engaged will cook for me, look after bb (including at night), do simple household chores. But ingredients we got to buy ourselves. I did not ask abt herbal bath and all.

I ask ard . Quite std rate to charge 3.6k during cny. My edd is 5th jan. if earlier, can prob skip the cny period. Maybe cheaper.

Gbob.. Congrats! Miracle do happen! Just got to have faith in god and keep praying!! Hugzzz

<font color="aa00aa">Congrats GBOB! So happy to hear tt n I can imagine how thrilled u muz b! E lil bean is definitely a fighter! You go girl!</font>

Musicgenie,
I am not worried if mil takes good care of me or not. But she is too possessive. During my no.1 time, I was not allowed to care for my newborn boy at her place. This time I want to avoid the same treatment. So mil is a no no.

I didn't observe the no water rule. How not to bath in such hot weather, esp I was perspiring a lot after giving birth. If I didn't bath for a month, I think fungi and worms would be growing on me.

GBOB!!!!! Congratulations! So happy for u
happy.gif

Yes I'm not lying about the $4.8k I think aunty trying to chop us mummies whose edd is near cny. Bad bad

Anyway I got another recommendation and booked her at $3.8k she was actually waiting for someone else to confirm but I told her I can transfer deposit immediately. And literally whine n beg her before she say ok.. She laughed at me haha
Too tiring to go on searching. Can confirm just take. Hee
The other 2 I called before this aunty, were booked. So I think mummies to be intending to get CL, got to start early.

Wah! CL so ex during cny period. Think i gonna have problem convincing ny hubby to get 1.
sad.gif

By the way, which gynae are u all seeing?

hehe i just go and booked my previous CL. So scared cannot get one.

dreytan: i seeing Dr Ang Huai Yen from Gleneagles

Vee: So ex?!?! I tot 4K?

Back