(2013/12) December 2013

My girl was good at latching too but my milk supply wasn't as much I think and I was really very depressed and stress.
I cried when I first decide to stop bf but after I see my girl growing up so healthily I know that it doesn't really matter.

So mommies I would advise to take it easy and take it as it goes. I have friends who bf for few days only then go for fm and their kids are healthy and intelligent.

For my 2nd I will try also. But if really not much milk supply again I would not force myself.
Most importantly , enjoy motherhood!!!

Iamnewmummy, haha I seriously dunnos is it bb recognises our voice or its juz a coincidence.. but I tot I felt movements again juz nw when hubby reading bedtime story!
Im going for my detailed scan tmr, its to chk for any deformities in the heart, brain etc..

Winny, agree with u on your bf vs fm view
happy.gif

Thanks to all mummies for your breastfeeding advise. I think I will try my best but don't pressurise myself too much...

BTW, is the nipple cream for dry nipples? My nipple seem to be a bit dry now, I can see some skin peeling off...

Has anyone thought of their birth plan? I have a friend who tried natural delivery and ceasaren and she said natural is still better. Any opinion on this?

Iamnewmummy, yup the ingredients in nipple creams r basically oil based moisturisers. I apply my anti stretch mark cream on my boobs too, n sometimes kena my nipples too, so far I alwaz find my nipples like abit oily leh.
Erm, I've alwaz tot I wan a natural delivery without doubt, unless circumstances dun allow for it. My mum n bestie's mum have also told me long ago that natural is better, cos recovery time is much shorter n less painful.

Natural birth is definitely better as the wound is external but of course if circumstances do not allow c-sec is an option too.
However do note that for c-sect, u need to be clean which mean u can opt to wax before u deliver or Gynae will shave you.

I only use nipple cream when I was bf and I like MEDELA brand over AVENT as i find the 2nd too watery.
You could also apply your BM over ur nipples after bf.

Winny, u mean apply breastmilk over the nipples? Ohhh, didnt know we cn do that.. sounds gd
happy.gif

Btw does anyone know y we cant drink plain water during confinement? My gd fren told me only cn drink red date longan tea, milo n stuff, but nt plain water.. im a big water barrel n everyday I drink abt 2L of water.. cant imagine I've to live without it for the whole mth -_-lll

Hi mummy ting,
I learnt that from my first pregnancy. But then I still think nipple cream works better as it's thicker.
Another tip is: stick on breast pads in your bra to reduce friction coz when we bf, nipples more or less gets sore. This really helps me.

For plain water during confinement, I have no idea too.
I just follow what the CL says.

Mummyting - drinking plain water during confinement will cause water retention . I think oso associate with the womb will hv difficulties to shrink back to normal size or makes the process slower. (If im not wrong)
For my number 1 I drink red dates longan tea almost 2L or more daily ... bf will b v thirsty! N warm Liquid intake will aid in bf so why not drink tt instead water. ..

morning all!

our bm are good for everything! sore, dry, jus use our bm to apply.. lol.... i even use to wash face...

yeap.. plain water do cause water retention but then... its ok to drink once in a while la... red dates drink quite heaty.....

wow. was reading through the BF tips and it's really helpful! i didnt know there's so much other things to look out for when deciding to bf - it really helps me to be mentally prepared.

as for lactation consultant, most hospitals will have right? they will guide us while we are still at the hospital after giving birth?

dollsy, yeap! all hospital shld have... must make use of them before you discharge.... they can teach u how to feed and ur posture....

breast pad is to prevent milk from leaking onto ur bra.. breast shield is a part for ur breast pump...

Thanks Winny, Adamummy n Cljl for answering my water drinking qn. But then juz wondering, as long as u drink any liquid the body will have the tendency to retain it ma cos your kidneys cant diff between the diff liquids, as long as its H2O then it cn retain liao.. haha paiseh I think im thinking too much n too scientifically? :p

Cljl, wa your supply so gd until u used bm to wash face?? So cool!

Dollsy, im nt sure if all hosp have lactation consultant, but so far I know tmc n mt A have. My sil told me tmc has v strong lactation consultant team n they r v gd at teaching u the rite techniques..

Hi mummy ting,
I don't think it is scientifically proven. Just take Caucasians for example. They still drink water.
happy.gif

All hospitals should have lactation consultants. I believe they should do their rounds for new admitted mommies.....at least that was what Gleneagles had. The other nurses are also good at it.

Btw mommies, are you going for pre-natal massage? If yes, where did you sign up for? Good?

Hi, my first scan EDD was 1 Jan @ wk 10 and Oscar test @ wk 12 stated 27 Dec. This is my firs pregnancy, is the delivery normally earlier than EDD?

Winny, I think im juz thinking too much! Lol.. heng my mum say warm water is fine n cn take abit in between the red date tea.. hee she's gonna do my confinement for me
happy.gif

Yan, think whether early or late depends one.. I've fren who delivered as early as >1mth b4 edd, n also fren that delivered 1wk+ aft edd..

Hihi,

has some of u start the prenatal yoga class? i'm keen.. $30 per session seems quite affordable.. may i noe hw many person in the class?

btw, any reviews on Philips Avent pump?? my SIL will be passing hers to me..

Hi new mummies,

I m a may mummy and I have a set of Medela swing single breast pump to sell.used only 2weeks due to low milk supply.
Very new.bought at $350. Sell $300.on top of that ,will free a box of pigeon breast pads (worth: $14.90) .

Packaging all still new.

Pls pm me if interested.

hahaha... wash face not bad la.. face quite smooth after that.... self-console....

tmc lactation consultant are not bad... if u happen to deliver on fri nite, they will go rounds on sat but subject to their availability. may talk to you, teach you and even look at how u feed the bb..

Chocoholic, think my sil used both avent pump n medela single pump b4, she mentioned to me that avent suction power nt as gd..

Cljl, I juz pray hard I'll produce enough bm for bb, no need surplus to wash face.. haha..

Hi mummies been MIA for a while from this forum..was combating with my backpain n legpain issue. Did any of u went to the bb fair in expo? Was there to recee any items to buy n check out big items like strollers,cot or playpan etc. But didnt get any..was hesitating shd i get a baby cot or playpan. Some mummies told me cot is better cos a proper bed n more steady. Mummies do not need to end so much. Whereas playpen is more soft, but is cheaper. Any advice to shaee?

mummy ting: thanks for the feedback! im still thinking if sho spend $$ to get another pump.. or juz use the hand me down one.. can save $$..

Hi faithe, i think should have a baby cot first.. for the bb to sleep.. play pen mayb when 3 months + when the bb starts to play more..? U can consider doing some back stretching exercise to help ease the backpain??

btw, i heard Taka having Baby Fair.. for those interested..
happy.gif

mummy_ting, jiayou.. but dun overstress yourself over this... just do what you can ya... drink lotsa of gravy, eat fish, drink red dates and then water... I drank 2litres of water everyday...

faithe, i have both cot and playpen.. cot is a proper bed and you no need to bend so low and wun hurt your back so much... cot is higher so is better for our back... when they grow bigger, you will need bumper for the cot whereas playpen no need coz they are softer...

@cljl, @mummy_ting, that's good to know that some hospitals will have lactation consultants to help to guide us. definitely need it when the time comes, summore my #1. dunno what to expect really. lol.

@cljl, so must take more fish and drink red dates tea to produce more BM? how to make the red date drink ?

I agree that taking more water is essential for breastfeeding. Anyway u will feel very thirsty after breastfeeding.... drink warm water/red date before each feed also help in the flow too... =)

TMC lactation consultants r good. try to "make use" of them fully while u r there hahaha.... =P

dollsy, will u have confinement lady? she can teach you how to cook or cook for u to drink.. must drink it warm hor.. not cold.. but after 1 whole mth of drinking this, you will be sick of drinking it on 2th mth onwards already... and its quite heaty too.. after 2nd mth, drink plain water is the best...

Found this receipe online:
10 -15 red dates, stoned
10g dried longan flesh
4 slices of ginger, crushed
1500ml water

Faithe, try nt to stay in 1 position for too long. My gynea advised me to change position every 30min.. n if u've such bad backpain nw, would suggest u get cot, then u no need bend over so often during nappy changes.. my fren say it cn b v tiring for the back when u've to change nappy or pick bb up so many times a day..

I went to the taka bb fair last nite already, I didnt feel particularly excited to buy anything still.. haha.. plus queue was v long even at 9pm

Cljl, haha im nt overstressed by milk production la.. if dun have then use fm lor.. haha.. my usual water consumption even b4 pregnancy days is already 2L per day
happy.gif
hope drinking more fluids will help!
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

Wondering if any MTBs have gone for their detailed scan already. Did mine on Tuesday and all is well.
happy.gif
Also got to know the gender. We're expecting a baby boy.
happy.gif

Being first-time mum, I went to the breastfeeding counselling at KKH. Quite glad KKH is quite pro-breast feeding and they would not introduce bottle feeding at all. If really cannot latch, they'll use cup-feeding. It's quite useful and my husband is quite surprised to get a free goodie bag with baby toiletries samples.

Hi fellow mummies! I just did my detailed scan at TMC.

My scan is ok too but one abnormality is: the blood flow to womb via the arteries is not so good. So my gynae put me on Aspirin all the way till week 35.. Hopefully baby will grow healthy & strong despite this. Anyone heard anything like this before?

EDD: 11 Dec 2013
OB: Dr Benjamin Tham
Hospital: Thomson Medical Ctr
Baby #1

mummy_ting, whow.. thats good... water intake quite high...

rurukumi, if im not wrong now, everywhere encourage bb to be breastfed... more nutritious for bb too...

My detailed scan only on Mon... will update again...

Rurukumi, u r also hvg boy?
happy.gif
i hv 2 colleagues also due in oct & dec, they also boy, then prince william's bb also boy..my coll was all guessing say mine is boy since this year so many boy..but somehow i can feel mine is a bb girl
happy.gif
since its first child, boy or girl is fine for me..but girl like more cute clothings..hee..

Oh,taka fair this weekend so i think i will go walk walk ba. Mummyting, ya i noe, but cannot help, my left side shooting pain cannot sleep..so only sleep on right. Although many say better sleep on left, but sometimes after sleep wake up we are in all kind of position. This pregnancy really not easy for me...gotta combate diabetics n also back pain issues...started to see a physio liao..
Berryjay, dun worry so much..bb will be fine..my detail scan in 21wk+ on 7/8/13..really look fwd to seeing bb but oso like u..worry abt bb health same time..hope n pray everything well

Rurukumi, I did my detailed scan last fri already, cfm having a gal
happy.gif

Cljl, yup I've been a "drinker" since young :p

Faithe, haha most of my frens due ard dec n jan all expecting bb gals leh.. u jiayou ok? All will b worth it the day u carry your bb in your arms
happy.gif

Faithe thanks! im not very very worried yet Cos gynae say 85% of mum having this prob still turns out fine. and my baby measurement is gd at the detailed scan... another 15% will have growth issue as not enough food n oxygen reaches the baby as the flow is not gd.
happy.gif
gynae say just to make sure not to b in the 15%, taking the aspirin deligently will do for now.
happy.gif

Been feeling lots of flutters but no real kick yet.haha.

Had wanted to go down to the taka fair to take a look but down with a flu now.. Will be resting for the weekend instead then.. Think Oct got another fair at expo..

Congrats mummyting on your baby princess!
happy.gif

Hello faithe! Yup, having a baby boy.
happy.gif

For me as long as baby healthy, we're happy with either gender as it's our first as well.
Good luck for your scan!

I'm also experiencing back pain every now and then, but only during sleep. I'll try to sleep on my left side with a folded blanket to support my lower back on the right. It helps a little.
What did your physio say abt alleviating the back pain? I'm worried mine would get worse as 3rd trimester approaches...

I might also be going to the Taka fair to look-see first over the weekend. Not planning to buy yet, but maybe check prices. I might buy some stuff online cos I saw from Nov MTB thread, seems like prices in US are cheaper for certain stuff.

berryjay: Think things shld be fine since baby measurements are good during the scan. Take care of your flu and get well soon!

hi faithe, I've just done my amnio. waiting for results. hope there is good news!! we also decided to buy cot for our bb. we saw a bonbebe Vermont 4 in 1 baby cot at $399, $449 and $499, depending on which package you take. we found that the cot quite sturdy, can reconfigure in 4 diff settings, the last one bring a junior bed. We went down ytd. The fair not very full. Maybe it's still weekday. Not too sure about weekends though.

Rurukumi, the physiotherapist at kk diagnose as sacroiliac join pain, that is the sacro is the joint connecting our spin n pelvic, as we preg, our joints are loss so the ligaments might affect the nerves n send the pain signal to our brains. She say my left side wider gap than right side. But my chiropractor says is due to my protruding disc that cause the pain in my left leg. So i not sure which of their assessm is correct. But both say it affect the nerves that causes thse pains, so we gotta build up these muscles as preg progress. She taught mi some exercises..

mummy_ting, good... i learnt to be a drinker when i had my #1.. lol...

nidellia, you might want to go to baby hyperstore to take a look? their cots are slightly cheaper... can make a comparison on prices, sizes too...

mummy_ting, good... i learnt to be a drinker when i had my #1.. lol...

nidellia, you might want to go to baby hyperstore to take a look? their cots are slightly cheaper... can make a comparison on prices, sizes too...
ha ok I shall drop by hyperstore to take a look....heeee

hello everyone..not been here for quite sometime.

Anyone experiencing aching feeling around the bottom of the tummy? I'm having it these few days and wondering if I have over-exert myself by carrying a 11kg girl often these days.

now is the stage where we all will be going for detailed scan...I'm waiting for my turn in mid Aug. Still long time away.

Btw, I have requested to be added to the FB group previously but still not in yet. Please add me. [email protected]

Hi mummies,

Wondering if any MTBs have gone for their detailed scan already. Did mine on Tuesday and all is well.
happy.gif
Also got to know the gender. We're expecting a baby boy.
happy.gif

Being first-time mum, I went to the breastfeeding counselling at KKH. Quite glad KKH is quite pro-breast feeding and they would not introduce bottle feeding at all. If really cannot latch, they'll use cup-feeding. It's quite useful and my husband is quite surprised to get a free goodie bag with baby toiletries samples.

Hi,

This is my first post. We went for a detailed scan last Sat and could see our active baby. So glad that baby is growing well.

Our First Baby.
EDD: 12 Dec 2013 (But doc is happy for me to pop anytime after 20Nov)

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone had bought the essentials for newborn. Been reading a lot online and seems like it's much cheaper to buy online. Any recommended websites please? Thanks heaps.

Back