(2013/11) November 2013

My confinement will end on 4dec but nw my husband and i already cannot tahan my cl. Initially after i bf, she w comment that i dun hv enough bm isit cos bb refuse to slp after tt n suggest to follow w bottle feed of e ebm i hv which is abt 40ml. Begin first time mum i agreed. Subsequently, i realised tt i can pump abt 80 to 100ml n yet still she w still say y after u bf bb, yr bb doesnt seem to b full n she will go n bottle feed my ebm abt 60ml. I thk that something is nt right n after i bf, i went to pump to c hw much i have jus to verify if bb really intake. Pump out volume was less than half of wat i normally hv.

Subsequently i hv fear of bf cos i m fearful of her sarcastic comments on bb always hungry despite i bf and resorted to pump out my supply to c if it is my prob or her prob. Nw bb is 3rd wk old, she w bottlefeed him 110ml n my husband n i were shocked that she always go top up again with another 30ml or 50ml if bb refuse to slp after feed. Actually bb is nt hungry in most occasions when we took over the bb from her. Can u imagine at his usual feeding time 9pm she feed 110ml n 10pm another 50ml n feeding time another 110ml. Oh my gosh. Not all bb noes hw to reject if they r full.. n despite all e drinks stime, he still dint slp.

Yesterday i caught her doing tt n i told her dun feed the extra 50ml nw. Just play w him n i took over e bb n told her off since he is nt crying for milk. I explained to her tt i dun wan to overfeed bb n i calculated bb tking more than 1000ml a day. Guess wat she reply mi. Your bb already overfed lo. I m seriously v pissed n nw hubby n i waiting for her to go bk.. jus tt she want to rest she w jus feed n feed.. omg
That sounds scary, think you better send her home! She is doing things behind your back, with your newborn!Government encourage Breastfeeding, as there are trends of overfed babies, obesity, now she's overfeeding your baby!

Just to share also, what you can pump out is not equal to what you can produce, as latching directly can yield more milk than pumping, all kind of pumps may not be suitable for everybody, so it may not work its best at empyting your breast, like how your baby can.

Maybe can google for more breastfeeding topics, if not, can go to breastfeeding mothers support group for help!

fuzzybear, I asked if she was showing off , the fact that her daughter is able to stand up on her own, only at 6 months, and its nothing to be proud of, and shouldn't "force" a baby to stand when she's not ready, told her baby learn to stand at about 9-10month, so it may be harmful. I said this is a platform for us who are due in Nov 2013 to chat, and we welcome her to join in our chat, however, it seems she's more like trying to sell something, since her daughter is already 6 months old.
Yah, she is obviously trying to sell something. So irritating.

Anyone tried using manduca on ur newborn already? I tried last week n doesnt seem comfortable for bb cos her neck isnt stable yet. I only bought the manduca when no1 was 9mths old, so never used it when he was younger.

Anyone tried using manduca on ur newborn already? I tried last week n doesnt seem comfortable for bb cos her neck isnt stable yet. I only bought the manduca when no1 was 9mths old, so never used it when he was younger.
SN, I will be using pouch, but I have not tried using yet, she's about 2 weeks old now

Supposed to go in laws place for lunch but due to a miscomm (elder bil not gg back so they thot we not gg back too), no one was home when my hb called. I was secretly happy. Buwahaha. In the end, we went to paragon to shop for car seat (yes, we have been dangerously carrying no2 in arms to date!) so tempted to buy the maxicosy bucket seat. But its really not practical, can last only one year. So we decided to upgrade no1 to the toddler car seat n will put no2 in the old car seat. From now on, we cant take any passengers at the back liao. Now both my kids r cranky from lack of sleep. So stressful gg out with two of them! But each time we get home, theres a sense of achievement. We will get better!

It is times like this that i wished that i didnt have to breastfeed. So troublesome to rush home just to pump. N later gotta bring my pump to parents place too. Argh.

I think she practice in private now. home viSits will be more ex for sure but in 2010 she charged me 60 when I visit her at her place in novena for an hour

Thanks Attigal
If possible, can pm me her contact? I may need it just in case :S
But so far has been good news... my no2 cleared her muconium 2days back!! Finally.. on her 8th day!! Felt quite happy.. just glad it is cleared. Somehow her jaundice is also much better. I bottle fed her my ebm for 2 days straight, day and night, just to ensure she has enough food and fluid in. Started direct latching yesterday again just to see if she is stronger in taking the breast. She does show some improvement and I am just too relieved for words. Thank you all for words of encouragement and advice!

So to all the mommies out there.. there will be down times during breastfeeding.. but never despair.. talk to ppl.. with their shared experience you will learn and eventually pull through!!! JIA YOU!

Bunnymummy82, episiotomy stitches can go near rectum. But I don't know why your wound like that. Did gynae give you any anti bacterial stuff to apply?

Mummyjes, frankly your CL deserves a punch. she just wants easy assignment, but no way BM can last longer than fm. Must u wait till 4dec to say bye to her?

Hi, would like to share with you on confinement nanny Auntie Susie.
She cooks well with confinement foods and take good care of the baby, most importantly, she is pro breasefeeding.
She is honest, kind, and friendly. She handles baby well.
Her contact number: +6012 6489568.
She has been a nanny in Australia and now staying in KL. All babies that being looked after by her growing very well. She is very responsible lady.
At her mid 50s.

Hi mummies. . Im feeling so down... 1st, I got fungal infection at my below. So worried tt it will spread to my wound. With this lochia, wound, bumps like pimples which caused by e infection is driving me Crazy. MuZ B I nv bath daily but I wipe body daily thou. So now onwards I will bath daily n wash my below twice a day. My CL dun allow me to wash below twice lo but I feel much better after cleaning e mess there. I wonder why confinment muz drink warm water.. cannot blow fan n wear socks. . All these confirm resulted sweating lah. Den when sweat oso cant blow air. So in e 1st place, dun drink warm water n socks. . Den wont sweat wat. So angry abt confinement.

Nezt, my breast giving me problem. I dun fe3l pain when pump but feel sore/pain/ache after pump. Anyone noe why?

Lastly, my bb is 14th day aldy n jaundice still on a high side. 190 now. E normal range shld b 100. Felt so sad. My poor boy. Next Wednesday gg polyclinics to follow up. . This time round will draw more.blood. I always heart damn pain upon seeing my boy kanna draw blood. So helpless. =(

Bunnymummy, good question. The model answer is both seats should be at the back..... But we r thinking of putting one in front so that two pple can still sit at the back not counting thr baby..... We havent fix yet, waiting for them to deliver this Thursday.

So pissed. Hb suppose to do the second half of the night shift. Twice he just let baby cry it out after he has fed, changed diaper n still couldnt pacify her. Krrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Told him so many times baby is too young to cry it out. Darn it! I was too tired n sleeping in another room tt i didnt hear it until he told me in the morning.

Hi mummies. . Im feeling so down... 1st, I got fungal infection at my below. So worried tt it will spread to my wound. With this lochia, wound, bumps like pimples which caused by e infection is driving me Crazy. MuZ B I nv bath daily but I wipe body daily thou. So now onwards I will bath daily n wash my below twice a day. My CL dun allow me to wash below twice lo but I feel much better after cleaning e mess there. I wonder why confinment muz drink warm water.. cannot blow fan n wear socks. . All these confirm resulted sweating lah. Den when sweat oso cant blow air. So in e 1st place, dun drink warm water n socks. . Den wont sweat wat. So angry abt confinement.

Nezt, my breast giving me problem. I dun fe3l pain when pump but feel sore/pain/ache after pump. Anyone noe why?

Lastly, my bb is 14th day aldy n jaundice still on a high side. 190 now. E normal range shld b 100. Felt so sad. My poor boy. Next Wednesday gg polyclinics to follow up. . This time round will draw more.blood. I always heart damn pain upon seeing my boy kanna draw blood. So helpless. =(

Ask your gynae for the anti fungal cream.. It is very important to keep there clean.. Can use the bottle of alcohol provided by the hospital to clean the wound jus DONT SQUAT. Can use a toilet spray to wash too.. keep applying the anti bacterial cream to prevent infection else it be very uncomfortable. During confinement, it is best to drink RED DATES DRINK. Water is 'heavy' and thus will cause water retention. Cannot eat or drink cold things cos it will cause metabolism to slow down, and also causes irregularities in menses. On air con, its better than wind.. Cannot blow air is because after birth, the blood flow and muscle is weak so the whole body pores is opened. It is advisable to use aircon instead at 26 deg (do not blow air con vent at you). . If u must use a fan, dont blow directly at you.. just keep the room with air flow circulated. Wear long sleeves pajamas, and keep feet warm and to prevent cold wind from entering your body and joints.

Thanks Attigal
If possible, can pm me her contact? I may need it just in case :S
But so far has been good news... my no2 cleared her muconium 2days back!! Finally.. on her 8th day!! Felt quite happy.. just glad it is cleared. Somehow her jaundice is also much better. I bottle fed her my ebm for 2 days straight, day and night, just to ensure she has enough food and fluid in. Started direct latching yesterday again just to see if she is stronger in taking the breast. She does show some improvement and I am just too relieved for words. Thank you all for words of encouragement and advice!

So to all the mommies out there.. there will be down times during breastfeeding.. but never despair.. talk to ppl.. with their shared experience you will learn and eventually pull through!!! JIA YOU!

9638 7660. Jia you!

Hi all, congrats on your newborn.

Can I join this grp? Is there a Facebook page?

I am a 4th time mommy, deliver my 4th baby last week 15 dec via csec.

No 1 - born march 2010 boy
No 2 - born oct 2011 boy
No 3 - born dec 2013 gal but born sleeping. Her heartbeat stop 10 mins after epidural n
I lost her at week 39 day 4.
No 4 - born nov 2013 gal

Hi all, congrats on your newborn.

Can I join this grp? Is there a Facebook page?

I am a 4th time mommy, deliver my 4th baby last week 15 dec via csec.

No 1 - born march 2010 boy
No 2 - born oct 2011 boy
No 3 - born dec 2013 gal but born sleeping. Her heartbeat stop 10 mins after epidural n
I lost her at week 39 day 4.
No 4 - born nov 2013 gal
Congrats to you too! There is a Facebook Secret Group call Nov MTBs, think need invitation, what is your email associated with your Facebook account?

Pinky,

poor you. Must be very vexed handling so many things at one go. U must wash below aft every pee. Dr Tham also advised so right? For me, I'll wash below and spray the antiseptic thingy after that. I used up the hospital one long ago and now using the earth mama angel baby bottom spray. What did doc give u for ur fungi infection? I'm also quite vexed bout my wound below. As shared earlier, I got a small round wound near rectum. Then when I sit, it gets painful. Can't wait for sun so that I can ask doc.

Totorodino,

I ask bout the car seat cos I'm wondering how to arrange it. Our car is super small. If put two car seat behind, my helper will have to squeeze between. If put my elder in front, I'm worried bout her safety. I dun feel secure letting my helper take care of two kids in the car too. So best is if I can sit behind with her to help out. Such a headache.

Morning mummies
I had delivered my Bb girl on 22/11.
Via emergency C sec, due to 15hrs of labour & only dilate 5cm.
Had a horrible experience, was still in pain with epidural.
But all is worth.
My precious girl is 3.76kg.
Going to be discharged today

Congrats febie n bluenosebear!!! Only lilprince left but shes also to pop yesterday?

Bluenosebear, gosh, u mean u could feel the doctor cutting n sewing u up? *shudder* u r so brave!

Bunnymummy, yah, i was telling my hb, typical singaporean family has two kids n a maid. How r they gg to bring the maid out if two carseats r behind? He said they drive a 7 seater. Roll my eyes loh, where got everyone drive 7 seater. Its almost impossible to sit in between two car seats. The space is too small.

Totorodino, that's why. I haven decided what to do. To just put one car seat or to leave maid at home? Or ask my maid squeeze between two car seats? I really dunno....

Congrats Bluenosebear and Febie!! welcome to the slpless nights club. Little Prince shd be doing the pushing now.

SN, Bunnymummy, if ur older kid is heavy and tall enough, u can upgrade to booster seat which is smaller than the carseats for toddler. actually i also dun really care, i make my maid squeeze in btw 2 car seats previously.

Pinky, aiyoh why u so poor thing? just bathe daily lah. seriously, what can ur CL do if u don't listen to her? it is really crazy NOT to bathe and clean daily. for ur wound down there, u shd wash after everytime u go to the toilet!

Congratulation bluenosbear & febie! finally you ladies have popped!!! Lilprince... Jiayou!!!

Pinky ah, CL only as a guide la. No matter what, you still got to clean/wash the down under twice a day wor... If your wound still in pain, you may try to steam with salt water. Meaning put salt in a pail, add in little boiled water, stir it, then sit on the pail for 5 mins or so. I felt so much better after doing this and the stitches kind of loosen up (not so tight) when I walk or sit. Also you may wipe your body with hot water if showering is not an option or put powder to your body... most impt is don't stress up ya!

heya Mummies,

Anyone of you order bb full month cake/gift voucher from sweetest moment? Was it good? any other recommendation?

Last edited:
Morning mummies
I had delivered my Bb girl on 22/11.
Via emergency C sec, due to 15hrs of labour & only dilate 5cm.
Had a horrible experience, was still in pain with epidural.
But all is worth.
My precious girl is 3.76kg.
Going to be discharged today
Wow, very big baby! I think 2nd in the list for Nov MTBs.

hi~ totally forgot to login here to check. Mainly checking via fb.
Sleepless nights with pumping and feeding baby. Zzz

Counting down to the end of confinement. About 12 more days before i regain freedom!
Yesterday was super shiok because hubby smuggled in chilli crab cup noodle for supper!!!

Hahaha cup noodle never tasted this good man!

Thanx mummies for yr replies... i thought is a must to empty but feel so tired after latching n pumping and in a short while more latch again. Guess i w do it if it is onli v full. :)

Thanks
Febie also give birth already?
Congrats, Febie
SN- I k feel, but just want to c bb, no choice lor
My nipples are sore so now only k pump & give Bb. Also supplement w FM

Congrats bluenosebear, febie n little prince! ! Mawanab e next to pop! Still left who to pop?

My medi going to finish for e fungal infection. Is not itchy down there but e bumps r there. Like pimples. Not pain but I can't tolerate e existence. Thinking to see gyne instead.. shld I?

Earlier was asking why my breast feel pain after pump n supply reduce. My ML came on Monday saying I got engorgement. I didn't noe tt. She ask me to push e outer breast towards nipples when pumping n massaging. Put warm towel. I did all these n my breast still feel engorged everyday! Im so pek cek of it. I kept pressing until I feel like giving up. I uses hand express n realise it able to come out more milk easier den pump. Im using FS style n by right e suction shld b good. But I hav no idea why is getting more diff to suck out e milk. If everything is good, I can draw up 180ml. Now all milk is stuck, I only manage to get 100ml n het engorged again. Im so tired of all these pumping. Feel like putting cabbage n giv up. According to my ML, she said my right breast milk dun flow out easily. So I tend to get engorged due to e over supply. Tell me what I shld do to solve these problems. Im physical and mentally tired of pumping. =(

Pinky,

ask u ah, how did u know u hv fungi infection? Today I went bk to gynae for post delivery check, no urine test done. I am quite prone to getting pimples at my pubic hair area. Last time I went polyclinic and doc gave me a antibiotic cream to apply. Today I asked dr Tham to write me prescription to buy fr pharmacy. I dunno if we are talking about the same type of pimple though. As for ur engorgement, u can try putting hot water in a small milk bottle and rub it while you pump. I do that and get less lumps. Hot bottle can hold heat better than hot towel. Or u can ask the famous Mdm rokiah to help you? I think I have a lot of milk, that's why get engorged easily.

Congrats bluenosebear, febie n little prince! ! Mawanab e next to pop! Still left who to pop?

My medi going to finish for e fungal infection. Is not itchy down there but e bumps r there. Like pimples. Not pain but I can't tolerate e existence. Thinking to see gyne instead.. shld I?

Earlier was asking why my breast feel pain after pump n supply reduce. My ML came on Monday saying I got engorgement. I didn't noe tt. She ask me to push e outer breast towards nipples when pumping n massaging. Put warm towel. I did all these n my breast still feel engorged everyday! Im so pek cek of it. I kept pressing until I feel like giving up. I uses hand express n realise it able to come out more milk easier den pump. Im using FS style n by right e suction shld b good. But I hav no idea why is getting more diff to suck out e milk. If everything is good, I can draw up 180ml. Now all milk is stuck, I only manage to get 100ml n het engorged again. Im so tired of all these pumping. Feel like putting cabbage n giv up. According to my ML, she said my right breast milk dun flow out easily. So I tend to get engorged due to e over supply. Tell me what I shld do to solve these problems. Im physical and mentally tired of pumping. =(

Pinky did you ask your ML to teach you how to clear? If not ask ur hub to help you massage when you pump? Because they have the strength and they might be able to help you clear the ducts more effectively.. I asked my hub to help me and I managed to get the lumps cleared.. Plus because it's not their meat, so they will use more strength.. But you must tahan the pain.. You tried to let your bb latch on? They say that bb is able to relieve engorgement better then pumps..

Congrats Bluenose!
You fought and won a tough battle!! Kudos to you!
I had similar experience with my first bb too and I understand it's not easy! Give yourself a big big pat on your back for going through so much... but as you said.. it's all very very well worth it!! You have a beautiful girl!! BIG CONGRATS TO YOU AGAIN!! :) *cheers!!!*
Do rest well when you are back home. If there's someone helping you to care for bb and yourself, just rest and recuperate well first.. Take care!

Hi all.

Just wanted to write a note here to say I delivered! :)
Actually delivered early at 37 weeks on 29th October. And I've just finished my confinement.
I haven't checked back in this forum for awhile and forgot the awesome support you always girls are.
Tried to latch for the longest time but it didn't really work and hurts a lot. So I'm pumping as much as I can but can only manage about 60-70%. Supplementing the night feeds with FM.

Jia you everybody. :)

Sb

I think i m quite unlucky cos i actually tear my wound and i can't believe how did i do it? Pain fr bottom n pain from the latching cos bb like to twist n turn during latch.

By the way, can i check did yr bb slp after feed huh? Mine seem to hv difficulties slping after latching n at most 30mins in e daytime. Is it normal? I cant seem to rest cos he latches for an hr n slp mayb 15 to 30mins n will cry for attention the nxt 30mins and after tt ask for milk.. is v tiring as this goes on 24hrs.

Hi all mummies or mummies to be,

Just wanted to drop by to announce that I have given birth to my little princess on the 21st Nov at 38+weeks.

I guess no one can ever be prepared for parenthood, currently still adapting to the "upside down" sleep pattern where she became really active at night after her feeds.
Tomorrow will mark the 1st week and hope it will only get better from here.

My milk supply also doesn't seem to improve with 3 hrly pump and yield only 15ml in total after expressing for 10 mins. Thus, have no choice but to supplement with FM.
Have also been taking 3 caps of fenugreek 3 times daily but doesn't seem to have much improvements too.

It would be greatly appreciated if any mummies can share with me their tips to increase their milk supply. Thanks in advance!

I think i m quite unlucky cos i actually tear my wound and i can't believe how did i do it? Pain fr bottom n pain from the latching cos bb like to twist n turn during latch.

By the way, can i check did yr bb slp after feed huh? Mine seem to hv difficulties slping after latching n at most 30mins in e daytime. Is it normal? I cant seem to rest cos he latches for an hr n slp mayb 15 to 30mins n will cry for attention the nxt 30mins and after tt ask for milk.. is v tiring as this goes on 24hrs.[/quote
Hi all mummies or mummies to be,

Just wanted to drop by to announce that I have given birth to my little princess on the 21st Nov at 38+weeks.

I guess no one can ever be prepared for parenthood, currently still adapting to the "upside down" sleep pattern where she became really active at night after her feeds.
Tomorrow will mark the 1st week and hope it will only get better from here.

My milk supply also doesn't seem to improve with 3 hrly pump and yield only 15ml in total after expressing for 10 mins. Thus, have no choice but to supplement with FM.
Have also been taking 3 caps of fenugreek 3 times daily but doesn't seem to have much improvements too.

It would be greatly appreciated if any mummies can share with me their tips to increase their milk supply. Thanks in advance!

latching will help.. so will massaging the breasts regularly to simulate milk flow and production.

Hi all,

The forum seems quieter after most of the mummies hv popped! I delivered on 25th Nov to my princess but was busy settling down so had no time to log in to the forum compared to FB. Was induced after admitting on midnight to TMC and it wasn't a good ordeal.

Nurses were nice for some and insensitive for others. I had to be put on drip due to GBS and the needle was not inserted into my vein properly (nurse grumbled I moved and my vein was crooked etc). Throughout when I had to be dripped, each nurse would say they need to adjust the needle and it was painful for me. Then, one of the nurses was awful in cervix check and inserting the 2nd tablet for me. She seemed to be in a hurry or was nervous, just pushed in without any warning. My first tablet was inserted at 1.30am and 2nd tablet at 5.30am, contractions were coming but I was still dilated at 1cm. Then, nurse administered enema and shaving before moving me into labor ward at 7.30am. I was at observation ward throughout before that as I have drug allergies and the nurses proposed I remained for close observation. As my gynae had told me previously that he would see me around 7am, I kept waiting for him thinking he will check me before I asked for epidural. But no nurses told me he was in an emergency op (they kept saying he will come soon) so I kept waiting until I was really in pain and breathing laughing gas all the time. At 8.30am, a nurse then suggested I take epidural first coz there was an anaesthetician next door. The epidural was administered and I took the laughing gas too but it was still too painful. It was only when epidural was given then gynae came. He wanted to do cervix check but I insisted he wait till the epidural was in full effect. Hence he agreed to return later. Subsequently, I was already having the urge to push and when gynae returned, he confirmed I was 6cm dilated and may deliver anytime. I delivered within the next 30min in the end naturally and had a small tear only.

I felt epidural was taken too late and I had to endure so much pain. Thankfully, actual labour was short. The nurses also forgot to serve me breakfast and by the time I returned to our room, it was 12.30pm and hb and I were so hungry and sleepy. I also ran a fever that day but fortunately recovered by that night. We got discharged the next day at noon.

I am so glad the worst is over!

I have popped on 9th nov bb boy 3.7kg which I didn't expect such weight as I didn't gain much weight when I preggy..
As 1st time mummy, quite struggling to take care bb lucky got mil & sil help me For my confinement & care for bb while I rest during the day.
But i got problem latching bb & even by pumping also cant produce enough for 1 feed.
MTB & mummy out there can advise what supplment to eat to boost bm? What is fenugreek? Any idea where & the cost..?
Thks..

Hello mummies,
Gd morning. Finally got chance to login.
Congrats Bluenosebear. You hav a big baby. ;)
Yes I popped on 24th.
SN, I can feel the cut n & stitches this round too. :(
Not by my gynae, so I would say tough experience.
I'm delivered by 2 Gynaes in the delivery suite. :eek:
I miss my gynae. Need to make apptment to see her soon.

Gd morning, mummies
Wah, Febie, why so special, delivered by 2 Gynaes?
I had bad bad experience in delivery suite.
But thank god that bb girl is safe, although is C sec, & recovery will be longer.
I still having problem latching girl.

Hello!!
I have been following this thread for some time already. :)
I just pop on 27th Nov by Dr Lawrence Ang.
It's my #2 this time..

I have popped on 9th nov bb boy 3.7kg which I didn't expect such weight as I didn't gain much weight when I preggy..
As 1st time mummy, quite struggling to take care bb lucky got mil & sil help me For my confinement & care for bb while I rest during the day.
But i got problem latching bb & even by pumping also cant produce enough for 1 feed.
MTB & mummy out there can advise what supplment to eat to boost bm? What is fenugreek? Any idea where & the cost..?
Thks..
ah_dale, congrats, our baby were born on the same day! My baby is quite big too, at 3.53kg, but your's even bigger!How tall is your baby? Mine's princess, I have 2 boys, age 13 & 5. Did you delivered your baby naturally, and tried latching in the first hour? For first time mummy, sometime milk will take a few days to come in, but just continue to latch your baby, interval try not to be more than 3 hours, what you can pump out doesn't equal to what you can produce, for me, when baby latches, the let down(if you pump and let down, you will see milk coming/spraying out from your nipple from many "outlets") is much faster, and more let down, but when I pump, it take like forever to have 1 let down.

A few of us have bought fenugreek from www.iherb.com , you may use this promotion code, MJN099 and get a $10 off for 1st time order of $40 or more.

This is what I bought : http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Way-F...sc=0&lc=en-US&w=fenugreek&rc=296&sr=null&ic=1
It is much cheaper than you buy at GNC stores, and there is a flat rate shipping of only $4 by signpost, for order not more than 1650grams or $200. Check it out.

Back