(2013/11) November 2013

SN I silently reading. At night #1 & 2 will choose the same timing for milk leh. Get caught in between.
#1 refused to latch and insist I make milk for him while latching #2...

Mil forever one. I'm glad that she still know how to stay away during this period and I'm glad my confinement is 40days and not the usual 28 or 30 days. Else I have to see her soon. Imagine cny we have to go back for 2 continuous day. Damn boring.
Glad got newborn this time. Maximum 2 hrs I dun care.

Czlyf, my mil forever one. No need to give face now. Happy I say nicely else sarcastically lor. ;)
hahaha
so you should thank you no2 ;P
you doing 40days? I initially planned for 40 days too but end up confinement lady last minute can't make it. Now now really worried if I can handle once confinement lady gone. Cooking for myself will be the biggest headaches.. as for housechores at least I can leave heaps of laudry for my hubby hahaha

Calyf, my mum is helping me with confinement.
Actually I went out every mon to fri to send my #1 to CC in my office wear. He tot I went to work.
So not too bad lah. I went back to my pl once a week to enjoy my fresh milk etc..;)

Bluenosebear hehehee. I can. I take the chance to sneak out etc when i got medical apptment etc.
like tmr, although my mum will be following me to the maid agency, but at least just leave the hse for a breather.

Haha Febie.. wah daily outing to send your no1 out is shiok!! :)
I totally agree with you on the "grab whatever chance we can go out"... I only have one med appt after delivery to remove my stitches.. the other chances were when I delivered EBM to my no2 during her phototherapy... that one confirm I can go coz I going to feed her too.. :p
Other than that, I am not allowed out... sigh.
But I had wanted confinement 40days coz I know I need help.. and of course am trying to drag the start of my sole caregiver during the day to my no2 as much as possible hahaha.. with confinement nanny around at least I can sleep more at night :p

Hubby is gg back to work nxt week.. i have to start gg out to fetch #1 frm sch while carrying #2.. and i have to start getting used to it cause its this routine forever..

Old pple say... tough days of motherhood is always at its first yr.. i wish #2 can grow up quickly so its more manageable for me..

#1 sch is jus a few blocks away.. hubby works retail so he comes home late.. as for me, im returning to work after cny and bb gg to go infant care which im not very keen but bo pianz..

sigh... my #1 and #2 will be heading to mil after my mat leave too...
very tempted to quit! wonder how I will be able to handle my separation anxiety from my kids this time round. Was depressed during #1 :(((((((
being mother really show how woman gotta be tough both emo, mental and physically ...
Jia you mumztan!

U also jiayou...
2 kids liao, need to save more $$.. i also feel like taking a longer break.. at least bb 6 mths den send her to ifc.. but....
Suffer now, enjoy life later ba.. ren yi ren..

hello! reporting back here.. been posting on FB coz now i'm not working I hardly use laptop. and the forum is too small to view in my mobile.
until now i'm so lazy to go out leh. coz must bring my 2 kids. I have maid to help but I don't like to bring her out sometimes. I dunno why coz I find its like I have to take care of another person.
Speaking of maid, sometimes I cannot stand my maid of 3 months. she's getting more and more nosy!

Czlyf, ya a breather out every morning is great.

Mumztan, I got no choice. Need to change else #1 will not go to sch.
He keep thinking I have returned to work. ;)

Kayliz, your helper îf automatically will clean the hse etc and won't get into your nerve not too bad.

Mine not auto at all and when scolded less than 5min I can hear her sing lor.
And the stuff u scold her was because she refused to use her brain.
Can kill.

Maybe she too at ease with u thus getting too comfort now
Guess gotta speak to her?

Mine I used to speak but nv go in at all..

now smh got mobile app, quite cool! :)
im using it while bfing bb.. haha.. kill time..

febie.. im too lazy to dress up.. hahaha.. but dressing up does make us more perked up.

actually i wanna bring both kids out.. i dont wanna confine #1.. i was wondering if i shud just bring out my inner courage, put bb into ergo and just go with #1..
but i have to bf her along the way and change her diapers.. i dunno if #1 can be patient enough to wait for me... or she will run abt... hahaha
never try... never know hor?

Mumztan I saw that you post your #1 is 3.5 yrs old. Get her involved too..
I brought #1 to catch a movie too.
I think a movie will be ok and since bb just slp. U can latch bb in the cinema too. ;)
For the first time, choose somewhere near, dun go out for too long. Slowly train your guts. ;).
Dun rush. Dun buy too many stuff especially heavy ones.
All the best.

Mumztan I saw that you post your #1 is 3.5 yrs old. Get her involved too..
I brought #1 to catch a movie too.
I think a movie will be ok and since bb just slp. U can latch bb in the cinema too. ;)
For the first time, choose somewhere near, dun go out for too long. Slowly train your guts. ;).
Dun rush. Dun buy too many stuff especially heavy ones.
All the best.

Im gg to try tonight.. with hubby to get the hang of it...
after all the drama mama like mastitis, fever, poor supply, menses.. i hope to get some fresh air and start again...
last night, i scolded #1 for waking up in the middle of the night n refusing to slp by herself...
i felt so guilty, so i decided to bring her out today... haha..

Btw, anyone hired massage lady?
I did... and i wasnt too impressed with her services.. in fact, after my first session with her, i had fever after she left and the jamu oil made me.... a little dizzy and uncomfy..
i gave her another chance and got her to come again.. i realize that her skills aint that gd and i think hubby prob can do a better job than her..
so i sent her back... :(

i miss my previous massage lady when i had #1.. she MIA liao... :(

Mums tan, so was your outing ok?

Who's your massage lady? Can post her name n see if no one happened to use her too.

Outing was so so... meimei still adapting inside her ergo.. jiejie suddenly ask to sit in the stroller and we went giant.. upon seeing trolley, she wants to abandon stroller... =.=
meimei decided to ask for milk when we were at the giant cashier and we had to double up to the car and latch her in the car... lol... i wanna try another time.. but maybe without jiejie first.. let meimei adapt to the ergo first..

Shes quite popular... 3 letter name...
She was just applying oil on me... rub rub a bit.. den times up.. 45 mins.. tummy wrap was ok nia.. my previous ML really did the traditional knots but she jus wrapped arnd..
but my bad may be someone else's good.. everyone wanna earn a living also..

Febie, i was jus wondering...... did u happen to visit dr ang for ur after birth review jus 2-3 weeks ago?

Well done Mumztan!

Yeah today is my no2 full month!! YEAH!!! Feels so cleansed hahaa..
Had my shower, washed my hair and then I vacuumed the whole house!
In great mood today..

We will be having a short family outing later. Going over to my sister's place a few blocks away for dinner hahahaha... PLEASE DON"T RAIN!!!!!

Full mth liao...? ( envy)
mine's nxt sat... but not throwing any party.. we plan to do a better 1st yr party instead.. at least #2 is more aware n can play liao.. more worth the $..

A place for me to pour my sorrows. Is 2nd day without my baby w me. We brought baby to polyclinic on Friday fo his 1st injection. He is 1 mth 3 days old. We requested for jaundice test thou e doc previously said is fine cos e level is gg down n liver is fine. We want a assurance n so we requested a doc appt. There's no doc appt if is jus injection. Thank to our kaisu-ness. I asked a lot qns upon seeing e doc n doc see my bb tummy nt right n ask us go for xray. We got a shock when doc told us to go kkh immediately as e xray report show my bb has a big intestines/colon! I was stunned cos bb eat sleep poo well jus tt his feeding time takes 1 hr n he fuss when feeding. He poo foamy yellow stool.

He was admitted to high dependency ward on Friday. My heart sank. I cant control my tears n kept crying to see my bb on drip n tube inserted into his nose to stomach. Lotsa of crying n screaming from him. Helpless n fragile boy. I can't do much but cry. Doc said is common for kids to hav intestines obstruction. But why my bb. I trying hard to bf thou I hav intention to giv up. Me, a 1st time mummy oso didn't noted tt his right side tummy is bloated. I tot was normal to b bloated. E expanded intestines r on his right side. What a lousy mummy tt didn't realise anything at all! If nt e xray report, e issue will nv surface out.

Now, bb is under observation. Doc r trying this n tt to see can help his intestines. Fortunately, my bb has been transferred to normal ward today n nurses start feeding bit of ebm. Happy to hear tt but see him suffer, I can't help to feel sad n heart pain. =(

Hi pinkyloving
Hang in there.. I have always believed mommies have an inert ability to know something is amiss with her kid. What you have done is just that and your bb is now in save hands being treated. Don't bash yourself up.
Continue expressing your bm for your baby coz he needs it. In fact you are allowed to direct feed him too! My bb was warded for phototheraphy for her jaundice and I went to the nursery to directly feed her once a day during my confinement till she is discharged.
Don't give up breastfeeding your baby okay? It's a tough journey but it's a great thing.. not just nutrients for your bb but the best bonding experience between you and bb.

Thanks Felval for your Peach Garden recommendation! We went yesterday and everyone was happy with the food :) *BIG THUMBS UP!*

Mumztan
Yup.. confinement over yeah ahhaha.. but alot of ppl has been telling me I must still be careful with food, rest, no carrying heay load etc etc till 2 months plus. I am trying to be as careful too coz I can feel my wound area (C-sect) abit weird weird. During confinement, the wound seems to have healed well to a line. But past week I start to feel the flesh around the wound seems abit hard and sore :( hope not sign of keloids forming again :( I had really bad keloid prone skin :(

Yea have a blast during your bb first year! Think that would be more fun as your bb would have some reactions to happenings :)

To all mommies again..
Any good recommendation for family pictures? I'm planning to take one during my no1 2yr old birthday end Feb. Missed the opportunity to take a family shot during his 1yr old birthday. But never mind, now with no2 it will be better :p more the merrier :p

Have a great remaining Sunday! Time to feed no2...

Hi mumztan, is yours a little princess too? I'm counting down to the end of confinement now... Another 3 more days to end of 28 days!! Btw, just did the full month celebration on Saturday and really tire me out

beaniehope : yup, mines a gal! :) u delivered in TMC? cant wait to bathe whenever i like.. haha..

czlyf: csect wound needs at least 2 years to fully recover hor... what we see is jus surface recovery.. theres still layers of skin pending recovery.. so u still have to be careful. i also feel sore and "sng" at the wound. Also cannot sit on the floor for too long.. :(

pinkyloving: dun feel bad.. there are many things we do not know and still learning. in fact, its ur maternal instincts that made u ask so many qns.. mothers like us shud always trust our maternal instincts, and u did. So dont worry, bb will be fine. Jia you! talk to us here and we will be here to listen! :)

Anyone drinks DOM during bfing? i never did that for #1, but hub was asking me if i will be drinking cause we recd so many DOMs for #2...

Beaniehope.. i was on level 6.. lol.. i had a horrible night..

Btw mummies... ur bb has awake time? My #2 has been staying awake frm 6+pm to 9+pm for 3 straight days... latch n latch.. no milk also latch.. my time with jiejie getting lesser n lesser. :(

I think my instincts were right.. shes gg thru growth spurt.. i was reading up n signs of growth spurt includes staying awake at the same time, mostly during the last feed before they have a long stretch of slp..

I need to come up with a strategy.. lol..

Hi mumztan, yes my baby will have awake period too usually in late evening just like yours sometimes will have inconsolable crying too which even pacifier doesn't help. She would sometimes just be awake after her 10 plus feeding and doesn't want to go to bed and keep crying.

Tks for ur reply.. i think i wanna try fm+bm her tonight at 6+pm.. at least shes full.. the way she drink n drink left me so empty.. i doubt theres anything left.. read tat this will continue for a week.. i hope its really one week.. lol..

super long no come here. mostly I'm in fb.. coz using the forum on my tablet can die... input text so slow.

pinkyloving - hope they find out the cause of the bloated intestines.. and don't beat yourself up. It not like we have a book guiding us how to be good mummies right? trust me when I say there are much much worse mummies then yourself out there and its ok just to do the best you can.

mumztan - I took dom with chicken essence, usually in the morning or at night right after breastfeeding. have stopped for now coz cant afford the time to sleep off the alcohol when my mum who did my confinement for me already went home... life with baby is bz bz bz!

Hi,
Pinky-how is yr bb. Hope everything is ok.

Time flies fast.
Tis sun will be bb full month celebration.
Just checking, if breastfeeding, k we eat sashimi?

Hi mommies. After reading all the problems u all faces I'm kinda worried. I'm due next month with #2 and my #1 is only 22 months old now. So afraid that he cannot accept #2 or have no patience with #2. Afraid that he might get hurt also when I'm attending to the small one.

Just hired a helper but she keep carring #1 and now he kinda got into a habit of being carried. Feeling pissed. Told her not to do that often but she just can't get it. Now #1 keep asking me to carry him but helper keep snatching him away (mayb out of good will cos I'm pregnant) but I don't want #1 to think that cos of #2 I neglect him so I'll just carry him.

He wasn't like that before we got a helper. I think he got spoiled by my helper by carring him 90% of the time when we are out. Sometimes just really don't know what to do. If I tell her not to carry him all the time also useless she just doesn't understand my perspective. :mad:

Hi Mummies, I'm a newbie mum. Delivered my baby on nov 4. I had prob latching him so partially pumping and the rest top with FM. My baby is feeding 10-12 times a day. Is this normal? How do you know how much the baby needs to drink each time? Sometimes he still cries after feeding. Not sure if the amt too little. He's taking 100ml if the gap is 3hrs.

Anyone can help me ? Thanks!!

Xiiaoolin, if i were in ur shoes.. i will let helper carry (since wats done need time to undo).. but i will not carry..

This is wats happening at my plc.. hub will be very submissive to #1.. but i choose to toughen my heart.. this way, #1 will knw who can carry who cant. It acts as a control at home too..

So now #1 will tell me.. papa can, mommy cannot.. u wont lose out on bonding cause there r many ways to bond with kids

Linksey, my bb feeds every 1.5-2hrs.. also abt 10-12 times.. i feed her fm twice a day (after morning bath n 1am) so she xan slp a bit longer n i can rest.. the rest i will latch.

As long as bb diaper is heavy (6-8) a day, its fine.. my bb takes 120ml fm now.. shes 1 mth old

Linksey, my bb feeds every 1.5-2hrs.. also abt 10-12 times.. i feed her fm twice a day (after morning bath n 1am) so she xan slp a bit longer n i can rest.. the rest i will latch.

As long as bb diaper is heavy (6-8) a day, its fine.. my bb takes 120ml fm now.. shes 1 mth old

Thanks for the reassurance! I thought I doing something wrong as I read in mrs Wong books that average feeding frequency is ard 5 times at my bb's age. But when I try to increase the feed amt, my bb seemed to spit up more so I reduce back.

Xiiaoolin, if i were in ur shoes.. i will let helper carry (since wats done need time to undo).. but i will not carry..

This is wats happening at my plc.. hub will be very submissive to #1.. but i choose to toughen my heart.. this way, #1 will knw who can carry who cant. It acts as a control at home too..

So now #1 will tell me.. papa can, mommy cannot.. u wont lose out on bonding cause there r many ways to bond with kids

Thanks. But my #1 is very choosy over who can touch him who cannot. He refused to let his dad carry. If I'm around he refuses to let any other people carry him. That's the most headache part.

How abt teaching him how to accept "no"

sometimes i will say yes to my #1, out of the blue, i will say no.. at first she throws tantrums.. but when she accepts that mommy will not submit to her everytime, she will start looking for alternative..

It takes time to let a child adapt to changes.. it normal to fail the first few tries, but it will only get better..

My #1 is very vocal, n she always disturbs #2 slp.. i have to manage her mind n heart and try to avoid hurting her emotions..

At times, she will walk beside me n say she miss me.. haiz.. i also dunno how to split into half..

I'm worried that I can't split my attention when #2 is here.. Sigh.. hope he can understand. He is quite jealousy. Daddy cannot even hold my hand. Scare he will get jealous when #2 arrive. So many worries now. Afraid that they might have siblings rivalry also... sigh

Back