(2013/11) November 2013

SN, so did your #1 have meltdown at night yest? My #1 was also like that at 2yo when she went without a nap. I'm lucky that many of the friends that I invited have kids around the same age as #1, so they had a blast! I think my #1 enjoyed the party most of all haha...
I'm also glad that confinement is over and I can bathe #1 again! Although I still do things with her during the month, feel a bit sad that she keep looking for daddy as she knows there's a lot of things mummy cannot do with her.
Agree that men don't think about details... my hb asked me yesterday if we want to bring his parents out for lunch today, and I told him no, as his parents like to eat at coffee shops and no way I'm going to eat some steaming hot stuff with a baby cradled in my arms. Either that or I can only eat when my food turns cold lor... so I told him to bring #1 and go ahead if he wants to, end up he didn't ask them out.

pinky, I held the full month party at my place. I prefer to have it at home as I can put the baby in a proper place to sleep, and I can take breaks in the room while feeding her. Also, the kids are entertained in #1's play corner with her toys. If the guests bring gifts, also don't need to worry about lugging lots of stuff back home after the party!
If you still want to try, it is possible to teach baby how to latch again but you must be firm - no bottles even if baby keeps crying when latching. Babies are smart, they will adapt very quickly when they realize that is the food source. My #1 was bottle-fed for first 2 weeks in the NICU, and I managed to fully latch her after discharge. At 6 weeks, she was admitted again for an operation and stayed a week in hospital, so back to bottle-feed again... after discharge, again no more bottles. Keep talking to baby in a calm voice and guide him when you are latching, he will pick up very fast. Plus you already know you have a good milk supply!

On pumping, I also press while pumping, else won't be fully empty. Even now when I latch, I also press the places that usually have blocked ducts while baby is sucking :p

Mummies, want to ask, after confinement, how do you ensure you have sufficient fluid intake? Plain water gives me reflux and can't be drinking milo whole day long...

heya i did my first mth celebrations yesterday too though my confinement only ends next Tues. baby was quiet throughout cos there was somebody carrying her all the time. only wailed when it was time for milk and a lot of frens commented that she was so damn loud. but she gave us hell last night. i noticed when hb puts her to bed, she can't slp properly. then hb decided to be a hero and volunteered to do all the night feeds but he cannot tahan and started scolding me when she can't fall back to slp after her 3am feed. wah lao, like that i rather do it myself cos he was making so much noise feeding her that i also can't slp. in the end i had to take over and make her slp, then go and pump after that.

Who was asking abt where to hold the first mth party? i did it at my condo's function room. don't have to clean up and can hold a lot of people.

Pinky, i also press like hell when i pump. so much so that the area where i press the most develops a rough patch. it's the only way to get the milk out. i balance both the bottles on my thighs so i can use both hands to squeeze and press or even type stuff (which is what i m doing now).

to those who haven't popped, hang in there!

xian
Who is still waiting to pop?? Febie, Bluenosebear, mawanab, me...?

I have been having diarrhea since Monday, is it normal??

I haven't either! 38w 2d now.. but everyone tells me that my belly is still v high :-/

amazing that you're working despite dilation!!

bluenosebear, all the best!

bfeeding sounds like a challenge :-/

Hi mummies... just did my baby shower yesterday. My official 28th day is coming Tues. So looking forward!

By the way.. the pump output you mummies talking about, is after latching?
Right now I am still 100% nursing my baby. But i dont think she drinks as much as 100ml leh. She feeds about every 2.5 to 3 hours, and only takes one breast but doesnt empty it. She will fall asleep once she's done. So after latching I pump both breasts again. Normally i get about 120 to 150ml after she latches.

she also tends to vomit milk most of the time, sometimes can be quite a lot.. and even coming out from her nose!
My friend said i am over-feeding her, but dont think it is the case.

Sei, we put #1 to bed by 8pm on saturday so he didnt have a meltdown.
Precisely, it was a thorough nightmare to eat at a hot market with a toddler n infant.

Fuzzybear, at least ur hb volunteered to do all the night feeds, its the thought that counts. Lol.

For the past two nights, baby has a brand new pattern, she will stay awake after her 12/1am feed, all the way till 3am plus. Grrrrrrrrrr. So pissed! She used to be awake 9pm -12am. Now its getting even worse!

Now tt confinement is over, time to resume normal activities on weekends such as gg back parents/ in laws place. The thought of lugging two kids back is so sian, but i rather that than have the in laws visit me at home. At least i can decide when to go home.

Kayliz, ur supply is realky good if u can pump so much after latching n baby can last 2.5hr at least. So gd! I dont mind latching if baby doesnt wanna latch every hr loh.

Fuzzy bear, is me asking abt e venue of full mth. Went to ask function room at relative condo but all r full. Now still sourcing for a place.i tried using hands free strap yst to pump but not very "shun shou" when I need to squeeze n press my neh and e straps r blocking my way! Oso feel tt single pump suction is better. Still using FS but I use my thumb to block e tube. Ya!! My neh oso got rough patch n even to blue black stage. My fingers r so numb n aching. I nv tot tt bf is so tiring cos I always tot pump will do e job.

I realised if I delay a hr.. 4 hr pump.. I got more milk! Will it affect my supply if I pump 3 hr day time n 4 hr night time?

Congrates blue nose bear! ! U having symptoms of labour. . Giv birth aldy?
Sei, warm plain water doesn't work for u? How abt those traditional can milk add warm water? If u r only looking at warm water. Or boil apple w hot water? Or pear w hot water plus rock sugar? A big pot to drink?

Ya so happy yst bb latch on for awhile n after tt pek cek again. I tink I will ask him latch 20 mins I oso happy. =p

Kayliz, ur supply is good! Latch n pump nt tiring? I yst manage to latch for 10 mins 1 side n 5 mins e other side cos bb pek cek but i feel neh soft soft liao. Den I waited for 2 hr to pump out.

morning mummies, i finally got the chance to check and contribute to forum. Congrats to mummies who popped. who else is still pregnant? this is my last week! so looking forward to 'unload' and see my bb. i got my cot, all bb stuffs and hospital bag ready last wkend, i even put on the cot mattress cover!

pinky, everyone breast got different capacity, just like car engine some bigger some smaller. so if ur breast got higher capacity, u will be able to last long in between pump without affecting ur supply. if it is so, you are the lucky ones. if u are those with 1.5L engine, then you will not be able to go for 4hrs in between pump without affecting ur milk supply.

kayliz, you got very good supply! after latch still can get 120 to 150mL. but since you got so much milk, there's no need for you to pump and latch at the same time. you are probably over supplying now. you wont want to flood your freezer with bm. at the end of the day bb can only drink so much, try not to waste your body precious nutrients making milk that bb wont be drinking. jiayou...

First day solo! Drove my son to cc this morning n mounted a kerb slightly...too long never drive... I went "oh shit!". To my horror, my son started to echo me n went "oh shit oh shit oh shit" gosh!! I better watch my words now. Cannot curse in front of him.

Pinky, wah u squeeze until blue black?! I never squeeze so hard. If u pump one side each time, very time consuming leh.

Jiayou bluenosebear!

SN,
but I dun pump very regularly.. my total output in a day is prob less than 800ml. my friend says she can pump 1.5L a day when bb was a month old. She's on 100% latching also.
so I kept thinking my supply not enough, I even started taking Fenugreek!

u mean ur bb wanna latch every hour?? I do hate latching too coz sometimes I feel my nipples are sore!

pinkyloving,
I have no choice, coz my bb only feeds on 1 boob. the other boob will be hard like rock if I dun pump. So I have to express after latching.
Now I am dragging my pump sessions at night so I can sleep more. I pump at 11pm before I sleep. Then I latch at 1am, pump at 3am, then next latch + pump at 7am followed by every 3-4 hourly or when I feel my boobs full.

mummychuaS,
I need to empty the other breast loh.. I have taken up half the space in freezer for my milk.. I dunno what to do with it, prob start giving bottle to clear some stock. Some i use for bb to bathe.
I gave #1 some by mixng with her formula at first but she suddenly felt the difference and refused to drink my milk now.
Then the rest will keep stock till I return to work to feed. coz I expect supply to drop by then.

haiz, came in this morning late to work and system was down. in chaos whole morning till now then i have some sanity. heng tmrw will be away for gynae checkup and not sure if i will still be back for the rest of the week! :p this is my last week too, edd this Sat! managed to more or less completed whatever i need to finally .. hehe .. but i am booking a pedi for tmrw pm after gynae checkup! :)

bluenosebear, all the best and hear from ya soon!

SN, yes .. kids pick up what we say very quickly so must mind your words! haha!

SN, lol! Do you suddenly feel the pressure to constantly set good example for your #1 now? Scary hor ;p
I hear you about the night wake ups. Mine also likes to cry for milk at night, then start to admire the ceiling, wants company, pee, poop, spit up milk. Last night and night before she did this to me twice a night. Mummy conked out!

Kayliz, could your baby be having reflux? Poor thing, milk can even come out of the nose. My CL taught me to burp the baby once or even twice during each feed, plus the standard one after each feed. Let the air out so the milk can settle comfortably in baby's stomach. So far seems to work with my baby. Her volume of spit up milk has lessened. I also don't let my baby lie down immediately after a feed.

Eh pinky, pls don't squeeze yourself until blue black leh. I worry for your milk ducts. They a bit on the fragile side. If you delay to 4hrly pumps, yes you get more milk per pump because the milk had more time to accumulate. But looking at the pumps mathematically, if pump every 3 hrs, you get to pump 8x a day. If 4 hourly, it's 8x a day. Safer to pump every 3 hrs as often as possible since it tricks the body into thinking must supply more milk. BM production is based on supply and demand after all. Since your baby can relatch, can always try replacing a pumping session with a latching session. Babies do draw more milk out of the breast compared to pumps

Bluenose bear, all the best!

Last edited:
Kayliz : My bb also experience milk from noise We consulted PD and was told its normal coz mouth and noise are connected. He explain that our stomach has something (can't remember what is it) that will stop food from reflux.. But for bb its still developing so it is common to vomit milk. I think ankh's method no bad. My MIL did that also.

bluenosebear, you back home monitoring? the cramp is BH type or like real contraction kind? if you monitor and it doesn't get shorter, when do you need to return to gynae again?

Littleprince, your edd this sat!! So you'll be doing ctg tomorrow?

Just went for check up today and heard from dr tham's nurse that they will start collecting the delivery fees from week 35. Reason was cos there were pple who who delivered and never paid! Was shocked to hear that.

I'm 38wks 3days today and baby is at 2.9kg. Lots of amniotic fluid and placenta still young. Baby's head is starting to face down. Don't think he's checking out this week and next mon I will hv to go for ctg.

Think most mummies in this thread hv delivered and moo-ing.. hope to see my precious soon too, although I think he might be overdue.

Sn,
If i am pumping and hm alone with 3 kids and #3 is fussing i stop my pumping first to chk on baby. If baby just wans to be carried or seek attention, i get the older kids to "play" with her for while i quickly pump out. The kids are more than happy to play with the baby =p if baby still fuss then i will stop pumping and tend to her first till she is aslp or settled dwn then cont pumping again.

Pinky,
I am holding the baby shower at safra country club. Only left with 1 dinner slot so i just booked and paid.

mawanab, ya doing ctg tomorrow lor. huh? how they collect delivery fee when people haven't deliver? so strange right, just coz of some culprits, everyone has to pay first?? my baby is engaged, walking is difficult especially after sitting/lying for too long, can feel pain at V area lor.

hello mummies....

Bluenosebear, all the best... hope you have a smooth and fast delivery... :)
rem to rush to hospital if contraction get really close....

mummychuas, arkans, littleprince, Xian, jia you...
think left few of us and I need to delay my delivery to at least 1st Dec now...
gynae away from 23-30Nov and I dun feel comfortable with others...

pinky, warm water will also make me have reflux... I think maybe I will continue making the longan red date tea, just more diluted so that it's not so heaty.
blue-black sounds like you bruised the flesh... take it easy for a while and it recover, else quite hard to tell whether it's engorgement pain or flesh pain.

Had my first session with mdm zaliah today! Strong lady, pain but shiok lol. Now can feel my thighs burning away from the massage oil :D

bluenosebear, you back home monitoring? the cramp is BH type or like real contraction kind? if you monitor and it doesn't get shorter, when do you need to return to gynae again?
Is the real contraction, is only not so regular & getting shorter from the CTG.
I have an appt w Prof tis fri

Febie, pray that ur womb also first class like thirdtimemum's! Previously when my gynae went on two weeks leave, i was so anxious i had BH daily at 5mins apart. Once he came back, my BH disappeared. Lol.

Sei, on normal days u cant drink water too? I cant live without plain water, used to drink 2-3litres in office. I hated the longan tea cos im very heaty on normal days already n drinking it caused me to constipate. Ouch!

Now whenever i pump, i feel super nervouse. So scared bb will wake up!

Littleprince, apparently they have encountered more than one case of pple not paying. Contact them at the listed number and address then realised info given is fake. Tough luck man.

When baby is engaged u tend to feel more pain at the v area? Been feeling that too but just tot its one of those pregnancy discomfort. Don't think my baby is engaged since his head is at the side...

All the best for ur check up tomorrow! Get mc to rest at home?

SN, gathering is an excellent idea!

sei, the red dates water helps to replenish your "qi" so it can be drank even during non confinement period, just tt some ppl may feel heaty.

SN, yar can arranage gathering once everyone completes confinement! :)

mawanab, i only started feeling this pain on last Mon night and when i saw gynae on Tue, he said baby is engaged so i think tts why? i hv been taking off fm work whenever i go for checkups in the last few mths, took the time to run errands too. tmrw going pedi after checkup! :D

Littleprince and mawanab,

u all are in safe hands under Dr Tham. He was very assuring. I dunno if its a routine but he was the one who helped me to put on the drip so I felt no pain. Also becos he checked that I was dilated 3cm during routine checkup and advised me to admit myself the next day, I escaped having my cervix check by the nurses at delivery suite. Phew! Cos i was induced fr 0 cm last delivery, i suffered few times of cervix check and inserting of pill by the nurses which was painful. This time round, he said just tell the nurses I have been checked by him the previous day and the nurses wont check me. Then I asked for epidural straightaway before Dr Tham broke my waterbag. So I didnt suffer much pain other than the delivery process when baby came out.

Littleprince, enjoy your pedi tomorrow!

bunnymummy82, when did dr tham check your cervix? Read so much abt it that I always try to prepare myself mentally that he'll check when I see him.

Mawanab, dr tham said he will only do cervix check if you have any labour symptoms or you have exceeded yr edd. Else he won't check usually. :)

Bunnymummy, your words are so reassuring. :)

mawanab, dr tham's cervix check is not painful at all
he is very gentle..and he will tell u, sorry ah, a bit uncomfortable..bear with it..
really feel very safe in his hands..

I was overdued so had to induce.. I checked in the night before and had to insert pills at 12am , when I checked in, it was only 1.5cm dilated.. second check at 4am..i was still only 1.5cm dilated. nurse inserted another pill, maybe I was lucky, the night duty nurses were pretty gentle, cervix check was not painful at all.. at about 7.30am I was only 3.5cm dilated.. dr tham came to do cervix check..he's so gentle that u cant feel anything.. but it so happened he broke my waterbag..he jokingly said..im like wolverine! haha

after that I was put on drip.. no idea why I took so long to dilate..but when I was ard 7-8cm dilated.. baby's heartbeat dropped to 40+..i was really scared till I cried..when dr tham saw me, he scared that I was worried about baby's safety..he told me if im really worried, I can choose to go for c-sect..but I still can do natural delivery coz baby's heartbeat already stabilized.. when I was abt 8-9cm dilated..i was already in labour for 10+ hours, was so tired.. I was telling dr tham I don't think I have the energy to push already .. he asked me to rest awhile and see how things goes..if worst case scenario, I can just do a csect..

throughout the whole labour, he was very patient with me, he is very pro natural and encouraged me to try till I really cannot den decide what to do..
at last when I was at the pushing stage, I was very tired already..coz inclusive of induction, I was in labour for 20+ hours.. I can feel my energy drained out.. but I was determined to push my baby out.

I heard of gynaes who only give u 1 hr to push, but dr tham was very encouraging..he asked me to keep trying till I really cant, then asked him for help..although my baby head was still quite high up, he encouraged me to keep trying to push the head lower down.. eventually I was exhausted, so bb was delivered via vaccumm..

it was tiring, but worth it.. never seen a more patient gynae than dr tham, I heard of cases where dr wait till they get so pek chek they asked u go csect and don't waste their time... so littleprince/mawanb you are really in safe hands :)

Have to agree with twinnie. His follow up is very good too also show up daily at the same time to check my wound... my previous gynae disappear after delivery! And he is also concerned whether I have any breastfeeding issues, I din know gynae need to be concerned abt that too!

Hi all!
Bb out but now bk in ward for photo therapy. Miss her so much can't sleep last night.
Nights after discharge was bad, bb sleepy n can't latch proper. Both of us gets tired out feeding /latching n trying to wake her.
Ttoday came to deliver ebm n direct feed her. Realised my worry last night was for nothing , she looks so wide awake n alert! So different fr her aft discharge. Best, she latches on well.
M a happy mommy gg hm now to rest leaving my girl in e safe hands of e nurses

hi bunnymummy, u are really lucky, i was 3cm dilated when i check in for inducing and dr tham did put it down in my admission letter but the labor ward nurse still insist on checking me. And the worse thing, she has to dig in really deep due to my high cervix. wow, pain and uncomfortable. really feel like hitting her. but much lesser than engorgement pain for me, so i think that's a breeze compare to my engorgement pain.

hi attigal, i'm so used to dr tham that when he ask me about breastfeeding issues. i thot all gynaes will ask the standard question. from your remarks, then i realized that dr tham is concern while other gyane can be pretty bo chup. i was in 2 bedded and the lady next to me has a different gynae. i still remember on the morning that her gynae visited her, he told her, pain below is normal and the pain can get worse, don't call him and ask him about the pain. i was like "huh", cannot call even in very bad pain. Then i pay the gynae so much for what?

dr tham ever came back on one of his off day to attend to my "pain". he is really caring and care for his patients.

my baby is coughing once in a while not that often. it seems like he got it through choking.

but previously my mom and helper are both coughing and they sleep in the same room as my son. i have been giving the cough medicine from clinic and still the cough persist. anything i can do?

it has been for 1month. only had a jab for rotateq and 6in1. nothing else.

please advice

I think my gynae as good as, if nt better than dr Tham hehe. Also asks all these questions etc. Plus she looks ready to retire so earning pots n pots of money can't be her main motivation to work as a gynae anymore.

Impulse41, did u manage to identify which gynae it was who was so uncaring to your room mate? Hope at least painkillers were prescribed.

Mtkh, best to ask PD about your newborn's cough, or give a call to the clinic.

Hehe ankh, agree with u. All of us love our own gynae to bits! Haha. My gynae asks all those questions as well, visits me twice a day n also came back on sun/ph when i was hospitalised. Most importantly, his stitching skills r damn gd, no need for painkiller after natural delivery n c sect wound healed really quickly.

mawanab,

dr tham only check if its really necessary. like if u r considering induced or past edd.

twinnie,

eh the other time when i was induced, i was asked to check in at 7pm leh. dr see me no up. hahaha....

attigal,

actually are all gynaes supposed to check on their patients everyday after delivery? who was ur 1st gynae? how come din come and see u at all? :(

impulse41,

oh dear. how come different practice hor? i was also afraid they will insist on checking me, luckily they didnt. they very speedy in putting me on CTG and calling for the anesthetic doc to come in leh. no time to check cervix. did u go for induced next day aft gynae check or what?

Hi.. I need the advice from mummies here.. my baby is about 17days old now and I started doing exclusive pumping 2 days ago. I can only managed to pump about 60 to 70mls 2hrly.

Can I find out whether this amount is reasonable or too little? My baby is drinking 100ml 3hrly. Also.. when shld I expect my milk supply to increase? Im getting tired.... :(

hullo! last day of confinement for me! i got sore throat from all the heaty food.. even pimples are popping out all over.

haha Ankh, SN, i agree all our gynaes are gd else we won't have stick with them right? i think u guys are sick of hearing me say i love my gynae!!

mtkh, u are feeding ur older son the cough meds and not ur bb right? it is normal for babies to cough occasionally. don't worry abt it.

Kayliz, i wanted to rely u that what ur gal is going through sounds like what my gal went through last wk.. she was diagnosed as having reflux. in my case we overfed her. in ur case i think u have forceful letdown hence she has a hard time coping with the flow. try expressing out a bit before latching her and lean back when u latch her.

Immas, it will take a while for ur boobs to be used to the pump. give urself some time. 60-70 per 2hrs is pretty decent.. u shd aim to pump abt 110-130ml per 3hrs. that's what most first time moms will pump in 3hrs in my experience.

hi ankh, i know who he is, but he is also a famous gynae. dont want to reveal his name in case set mummies in a frittering mood.

hi bunnymummy82, dr tham did the check for me in the morning and i check in the night, technically the next day 12 midnight for inducing. just my luck, but nvm, at least i delivered my baby girl safe and sound and my labour was pretty all right. :)

hi bunnymummy, u are really lucky, i was 3cm dilated when i check in for inducing and dr tham did put it down in my admission letter but the labor ward nurse still insist on checking me. And the worse thing, she has to dig in really deep due to my high cervix. wow, pain and uncomfortable. really feel like hitting her. but much lesser than engorgement pain for me, so i think that's a breeze compare to my engorgement pain.

hi attigal, i'm so used to dr tham that when he ask me about breastfeeding issues. i thot all gynaes will ask the standard question. from your remarks, then i realized that dr tham is concern while other gyane can be pretty bo chup. i was in 2 bedded and the lady next to me has a different gynae. i still remember on the morning that her gynae visited her, he told her, pain below is normal and the pain can get worse, don't call him and ask him about the pain. i was like "huh", cannot call even in very bad pain. Then i pay the gynae so much for what?

dr tham ever came back on one of his off day to attend to my "pain". he is really caring and care for his patients.

Shall not name the gynae, but got pros and cons I guess. My previous gynae is contactable 24/7. Any qtns I have he will get back to me quickly. Also a popular gynae. Anyway no misadventures with him so shall let it go.

Anyway just want to share some good news! My boy's jaundice finally went down! Was 15.6 last check up n drop to 12.8. Sooo pleased that my breastfeeding efforts finally saw fruit. This time round, no need phototherapy or lights rental. My mum claims its all the sun tanning we put him through but I firmly believe it was my breastmilk.

With my #1 I went through the whole spectrum, fm, engorgement, jaundice..hospital stay, rental of lights...depression, this time I have wised up a lot, n so far my experience with #1 paid off handsomely. *beams*

attigal, glad your boy's jaundice went down. keep up the good work in pumping!

fuzzybear, last day of confinement alr? time flies... some of us are still waiting... feel like i've been retained. hahaa... seems like most mummies have gone on to the next class liao..

mummies with Dr Tham. thanks for sharing your experiences and reassurances. certainly helps me to be less fearful of the labour experience.

littleprince, how was your visit today? is baby on track to be out by this weekend?

Thank you to all the mummies for their reassuring words abt Dr Tham. Frankly, I have no complaints abt him so far but my gf who switched her gynae to join me to see Dr Tham and delivered last mth didn't have a good experience as her epi wound didn't heal and when she went to see Dr Tham, she was told a small piece of flesh was not sewn in so the wound couldn't close up properly. Dr Tham had to do extra work to help her wound heal and my gf felt Dr Tham didn't do a good job to sew up the wound properly in the first place. I am not sure if it was Dr Tham's negligence though. Of course, what matters most is for us to have a good experience with our gynae.

Went for ctg and checkup tdy, am at 39 wks 3 days. Gained 600g for myself (I hv put on a total of 16kg by now!) and baby put on 300g in past wk, she is at 3.1kg tdy. Ctg showed no contractions but Dr Tham did cervix check for me (again! :confused:) and said I am 1cm dilated. Hence, we have decided that if baby doesn't come out by this Sun, I will admit on Sun night to be induced after midnight for Mon delivery! That will be at 40 wks 2 days then. We initially preferred Sat on edd itself but Dr Tham preferred Sun night as he will be in his clinic on Mon and can reach labour ward anytime. Hence, we agreed to admit on Sun night if baby decides not to appear earlier! Will go to office for my last day at work tomorrow as I have 2 days of leave to clear on Thu and Fri! :)

Mawanab, which day is your checkup next week?

attigal, glad your boy's jaundice went down. keep up the good work in pumping!

fuzzybear, last day of confinement alr? time flies... some of us are still waiting... feel like i've been retained. hahaa... seems like most mummies have gone on to the next class liao..

mummies with Dr Tham. thanks for sharing your experiences and reassurances. certainly helps me to be less fearful of the labour experience.

littleprince, how was your visit today? is baby on track to be out by this weekend?

Haha actually I didn't pump much at all. I'm latching him for all feeds, only pump when during engorgement.

attigal, i hope my baby can latch properly next time. besides supply, my other fear abt bf is that baby doesn't latch properly.

Littleprince, hope your baby will willingly check out of womb hotel before Sunday. My next appt is next Mon! I can visit you if you are comfortable with that.

Sn, I think im too anxious abt e milk supply n I feel tt my breast feel so heavy, tense, pain. So I kept squeezing n pressing it v hard. My fingers n hands r aching. E skin ard my breast r having rough patches.

Sn, kids learn really fast! Better b careful of e words use in front of them. Ya a gathering is a good idea! Mus wait for e rest to pop.

Anhk, hm.. I will try to keep to 3 hr if possible. Now my 9 day old bb drinks 40ml every 2 hr or 50ml every 3 hr. Depend wat time hebwake up. I starts to freeze my milk tt is over 24 hrs so bb can drink fresh one. I tink e massage help in producing more milk. Every time after massage, my milk will auto spray when pumping. Otherwise, I hav to manually press n squeeze to get e milk out. Oump doesnt help. Now, I hav to b more gentle to my breast else I may hurt e breast muscle.

Sei, how come suddenly hav reflux? Before preg, u having this aldy?

Fuzzy bear, so nice tt ur confinement is ending! Im so sick of milo man. What else can I drink beside longan tea. I feel so thirsty after each pump! Yes im now getting 100ml to 110m each pump. Starts to freeze those milk tt r over 24 hrs le.

Twinne, r u Fiona?

Littleprince, mawanab, yup u feel safe w dr tham. But I hate tmc svc lo. Dr tham oso ask abt bf n I complain abt e LC who came on 2nd day n teach me in a rush n dash off to e next ward when im still feeling lost. He told me if I wan ask LC to come again on 3rd day, there will b additional charge. He said write feedback den I orh. Shortly, e LC came over saying tt e nurse told her tt i need help. No charge for this svc cos I nv see it in my bill. I reckon tt is dr tham help me to feedback to e nurse. This time round, e LC so patient explaining to me. Dr tham will check twice a day, 7am+ and after work. Very assuring to hab him. I wonder if I delivered at MtA.. how ddiff will it b....

Val, safra is full oso. Littleprince recommend me w a place n im checking on it. Hopefully I can get it. Else i gg to hav a headache on full mth.

Last edited:
attigal, i hope my baby can latch properly next time. besides supply, my other fear abt bf is that baby doesn't latch properly.

Littleprince, hope your baby will willingly check out of womb hotel before Sunday. My next appt is next Mon! I can visit you if you are comfortable with that.

Mawanab, if baby dont latch properly you can tell, either its painful, else while drinking there will be sound.

Pinky, do be gentle with yourself... place your thumb on the harden part of your breast and gently n slowly apply pressure, massaging slowly downwards towards nipple in circular motions. Do it a few times till you clear the hard lump. Check your breast after each latch or pump to clear those areas not cleared by baby or pump.

If pumping, sometimes I will angle the funnel to draw out milk from areas that are harder to pump milk out from. You need to experiment abit to find out what works best for you.

fuzzy - my son is my first child and he is only 4 months now. yes im giving him the cough medicine from the clinic. just saw the dr saw and tried the new medicine. was told its probably due to the sensitive nose

SN, 2-3 litres is a lot! I do drink water during the day when I was working, but at most 3 cups haha... and have to sip during the day, cannot drink too much at one shot. So I will also drink coffee, milo, liang teh, soya bean, etc etc. Good thing my body is the liang type, so I can drink lots of longan tea :p

pinky, yalor, since last time before preggy I will have reflux if I drink too much plain water. After #1, I already make myself drink more water since I was bf'ing, but still not enough I think.

Seems like Dr Tham is very popular... my colleague's wife is due in Apr, also with him!

Mawanab, what time is yr appt next Mon? It depends if I hv delivered already .. Hehe .. Scarli everything goes real slowly. Btw, Dr Tham says if admit at midnight and deliver before 12pm, can discharge by next day so pay one night charges only. Like got reward for delivering quickly. :p You PM me yr mobile number and I will text you mine, easier to coordinate on Mon.

Pinky, wow yr ss is good! Which massage lady did you engage?

Back