(2013/11) November 2013

Shucks! I overslept! Supposed wake up at 3am. I only awake at 5am!!! My beast r exploding! Either I slept too deeply or bb nv cryfor milk.

Sn, I can drink up to 2 ltr n more plain water in office. I feel tt e longan water during confinment nt enuff for me but I dun like longan water. How I wish I can drink plain water.

Sei, I see. . I belong to heaty type.. now I feel tt my throat getting dryer.. I think I drink nt enuff water.

Twinne, my nearby cc is full. Thinkin to hold at hm but separate day so can accommodate more pple. I can't imagine spending more than 1 k on baby shower including cakes.

Little prince, mine is free lance. Introduce by my cousin. Actually I dunno her name lei. Haha.. I think e milk supply will flow better after each masssge? Cos I'm nt sure is she really good since i nv do before. But my ss nt consistent. Sometimes 100ml den yst night only 80ml. =(. How much mdm ida/mariam charge for 1 session? Kept hearing their name. 1 hr massage? Gt bb massage?

Last edited:

my baby is coughing once in a while not that often. it seems like he got it through choking.

but previously my mom and helper are both coughing and they sleep in the same room as my son. i have been giving the cough medicine from clinic and still the cough persist. anything i can do?

it has been for 1month. only had a jab for rotateq and 6in1. nothing else.

please advice
Hi mtkh
You can refer to below link to check out the required vaccinations ;)
https://www.nir.hpb.gov.sg/nir/sv/e...xHDh62HY6m!1925640668?ACTION=DISPLAY_IMMUNSCH

May I know for c sect, normally when does the pain subside?It's 7days since op and my wound seems alright so far except for this particular spot which always have a painful tearing feeling with movement.
While in hospital I was told it's nothing, probably a stitch ending at that area and that aggravates the wound slightly more.
How long does your c sect wound takes to heal or at least reach a level of pain tolerance that you can get on and off bed without winching in pain?

Can I find out more about the post natal massage as well? I keep reading about Mdm Ida and her massage network. How long after c sect op can we start the massage and what do they do? their rates?

Thanks!

Thank you to all the mummies for their reassuring words abt Dr Tham. Frankly, I have no complaints abt him so far but my gf who switched her gynae to join me to see Dr Tham and delivered last mth didn't have a good experience as her epi wound didn't heal and when she went to see Dr Tham, she was told a small piece of flesh was not sewn in so the wound couldn't close up properly. Dr Tham had to do extra work to help her wound heal and my gf felt Dr Tham didn't do a good job to sew up the wound properly in the first place. I am not sure if it was Dr Tham's negligence though. Of course, what matters most is for us to have a good experience with our gynae.

Went for ctg and checkup tdy, am at 39 wks 3 days. Gained 600g for myself (I hv put on a total of 16kg by now!) and baby put on 300g in past wk, she is at 3.1kg tdy. Ctg showed no contractions but Dr Tham did cervix check for me (again! :confused:) and said I am 1cm dilated. Hence, we have decided that if baby doesn't come out by this Sun, I will admit on Sun night to be induced after midnight for Mon delivery! That will be at 40 wks 2 days then. We initially preferred Sat on edd itself but Dr Tham preferred Sun night as he will be in his clinic on Mon and can reach labour ward anytime. Hence, we agreed to admit on Sun night if baby decides not to appear earlier! Will go to office for my last day at work tomorrow as I have 2 days of leave to clear on Thu and Fri! :)

Mawanab, which day is your checkup next week?

All the best littleprince!!!! So by next week you'll be at the next stage of life!

It's also my last day of work today.. everyone keeps telling me there's no time to rest later so now is the chance.. so thought of taking a week off to chill. But need to remain active as I'd like to avoid inducing as much as possible.. But baby still not dropped!!! 9 days to go. Think he'll be out late heh.

febie, manawab, (and any others I missed out), hang in there!!!

pinky, you must have been too exhausted. maybe can eat some fruits and more veg, ok to eat apples during confinement.

pinky/czlyf - i only know Mdm Ida charges $50 per 1 hr session, not sure if she does baby massage. for csect, some people says after 2 or 3 weeks, some says after a month based on gynae's recommendation. i think its best to check with gynae and massage lady before deciding.

arkans, thks! :)

Haven't booked massage person yet but really want to! And there are SO MANY recommendations online that I'm absolutely confused! There are even two Mdm Ida's apparently.. *slight panic* worried that everyone will be booked already

good morning mummies... :)

wow many of you ald stopped working... I still cant as I have a shipment to settle but the customer is not responding...
so depressing.... forsee Next Monday still gotta be back at work...

arkans, thanks, I'm at week39 today... and hope bb arrived on week 41...
but dunno if he's bigger and movement doesn't seems so obvious now...
like fluttering kind...
arkans, I'll be using mdm Sadiah... you can contact her... 97724579
I used her for my #1 and I think price still remain the same at $50 an hr. :)

pinky, dun stress... I think your supply is really good lor...
guess you muz be too tired thus overslept.... stay well ok?

Congrates to all mummies who have delivered!!! :D

finally have time to log in... was really busy over the little one. Time flies, she is already 3wks old ..
I have been struggle alot to latch her on.. finally now I decided to feed her ebm. Was also feel sad tat I m not latch her. But I guess ebm is good for both of us.. she no need to feel frustrated due to wrong latch, I also can manage my time better..

But now my supply still not enough for her . Still need to top up formula T_T
i try to pump every 2hrly but is really hard, always late.need to bottlefeed her, have my meal, change diaper, bath... feel like racing with time ... now per sitting can only get 60ml... but she need at least 70ml for 2-3hrs.. :(

breakdown quite a few times in these 3wks.. so guilty that I do not have enough milk... when I carry baby out n my pil talk to baby. I heard them ask her "aiyo... y mouth so big? Din get enough milk ah? Hungry ah?" I feel so streesed n depressed...

febie, i stop working in office but will still hv follow ups on and off to handle fm mobile lor. when are you intending to stop working?

peilee, it is perfectly fine to mix BM with FM, as many of the mummies have shared, motherhood is about bonding with baby and there are many ways to bond. not everyone is fortunate enough to have sufficient bm supply and if you have tried your best, then that is the best for your baby. eventually, baby will stop BM and eat other food just like all the other babies. treasure this time to watch baby grow day by day and passes each of his/her milestone. cheer up!

arkans, my edd supposed to be on 25th Nov but gynae will be on leave...
so I hope bb can tahan until 1 Dec at least. I feel more comfy with my gynae ard... :)
no worries... she's nice and manage to help me clear my engorgement then... :)
and she goes by per session. if there's no need for you to continue, she will tell you to stop...
she only did 3 times for me and said it's more than enough since my tummy shrink back fast then...
Hope this round too... :)

peilee, yes, listen to littleprince's advice... it's not a must to bf. just do it with FM and BM and make your life easier so that you will enjoy motherhood and
baby's time... :)

littleprince, I hope everything can be settled within this week but Customer not responding leh... they dragged me more than a mth already...
super bth.... otherwise, this will be my last working week in the office... ald pre-empt my boss that he might see me on next Monday.... he was laughing...
saying if I delivered this week, he can replace my hb in the delivery suite since he has 2x experiences... o_O

Congrates to all mummies who have delivered!!! :D

finally have time to log in... was really busy over the little one. Time flies, she is already 3wks old ..
I have been struggle alot to latch her on.. finally now I decided to feed her ebm. Was also feel sad tat I m not latch her. But I guess ebm is good for both of us.. she no need to feel frustrated due to wrong latch, I also can manage my time better..

But now my supply still not enough for her . Still need to top up formula T_T
i try to pump every 2hrly but is really hard, always late.need to bottlefeed her, have my meal, change diaper, bath... feel like racing with time ... now per sitting can only get 60ml... but she need at least 70ml for 2-3hrs.. :(

breakdown quite a few times in these 3wks.. so guilty that I do not have enough milk... when I carry baby out n my pil talk to baby. I heard them ask her "aiyo... y mouth so big? Din get enough milk ah? Hungry ah?" I feel so streesed n depressed...

Peilee, unfortunately latching is still one of the best ways to up your supply. If u haven't given up on breastfeeding I suggest u look for a good LC to correct your latch.

I can understand how you feel because I had yhe same problem with my #1. I only managed to latch him well ard 3 week because I was determined not to give up and consulted a very good LC. Then the rest was history. This time round I didn't have much problem with latching thanks to my experience with #1 and what I had learnt from my LC.

N the other hand if you chose to give fm, go ahead without guilt, it does not make you less of a mother.

febie, u wanna tahan till 41 weeks?! wow... right now at 38wks plus and i'm alr quite sian with the clumsiness and pain in v area. i also want my gynae to be around when i deliver. my edd is 29 Nov. gynae away from 5-12 dec i think. so prob can't wait till he's back. and plan to induce on 1 dec if baby still doesn't want to come out.

pinky, so the LC that came a 2nd time after dr tham feedback, was it the same LC that came by the first time? the impatient one?

tks arkans! u have a good one week break!

attigal, must get contact of your good LC if my baby doesn't latch properly.

Thanks Febie for the contact!

Hi Attigal, who is your LC?
I am having latching problem with my 7day old girl now. She can latch on but she suckles like 5-6times max and then she will either release or get frustrated and starts crying and opening her mouth to root somewhere else. Feels so distressed. Don't understand why she stops and reject. And what's worse is my breast was leaking after my massage to prep for the feeding. So it's so obvious the milk is there.
So far to date, I only have one time when she latched and drank well from the breast till I can hear her drinking during the let down somemore.
I think I need LC help. Can recommend your LC?

pinky, u mean u dun drink plain water at all during confinement? wow, u so guai. I drank more plain water than longan tea during confinement. longan tea too heaty for me, i only drank 1-2 cups a day n already feel constipated.

febie, if ur customer still doesn't respond, then ur colleague will have to follow up right? else u will have to work during ml, so sian.

czlyf, I stopped my painkillers on the 5th day after c-sect. I sleep with my #1 on the floor so it was harder to get on n off the floor than a proper bed, but it was ok on the 5th day, there was still pain but not the unsurvivable type.
My friend had the same experience as you, one part of her wound hurts and her gynae told her it could be due to the knot of the stitches. After she removed her stitches, it was fine already. so yours could be due to the knot too.

Thanks Febie for the contact!

Hi Attigal, who is your LC?
I am having latching problem with my 7day old girl now. She can latch on but she suckles like 5-6times max and then she will either release or get frustrated and starts crying and opening her mouth to root somewhere else. Feels so distressed. Don't understand why she stops and reject. And what's worse is my breast was leaking after my massage to prep for the feeding. So it's so obvious the milk is there.
So far to date, I only have one time when she latched and drank well from the breast till I can hear her drinking during the let down somemore.
I think I need LC help. Can recommend your LC?

My LC is Doris Fok. I heard sister kang from mt a is as good. Doris's num is 9638 7660.

Czlyf, I think I may know what your problem is, I had this too this time. Our let down is too fast and too much for baby to handle, that's why they latch n reject. Its like someone forcing you to drink 2 bottles of coke at the same time, we also cannot handle right?

So what I tried - latch baby laying down so gravity helps stem the milk flow but this didn't work for me well because I literally spray during let down.

I switch to cigarette hold-you pinch the nipple with index n middle finger as you would hold a cigarette to help stem the milk, this works fairly well for me.

What works best for me but is wasteful- I let the letdown milk flow first, then latch my boy when the flow slowed. As our babies grow bigger they should be able to handle forceful letdowns better.

Hope this helps :)

Hi mummies....anyone gave birth at glenE via csect? can anyone share wif me your bill size? I m going to delivery in mid 2014. Thks much

Thanks Toto for sharing.. will be seeing my gynae next Wed to remove the stitch. Hopefully after that the pain will be gone like your friend's case. Wah you very steady!! after csect still sleep on the mattress on the floor. How did you get on and off?
I am currently sleeping with the confinement nanny on an normal bed while my hubby and no1 sleeps on the mattress on the bed. I already have problem climbing out of the normal bed. It's my 7th day and the pain is beginning to seem tolerable other than the localised area... am contemplating to stop the painkillers soon. My post delivery paunch is still quite big le :( the binder I got from the pharmacy seems to have lost its elasticity. Does postnatal massage really help reduce the paunch?

Thanks Attigal for the advice. I actually have two problems with feeding my no2.
1) She is currently still mildly jaundice (just discharged this morning after photo therapy) and is still so sleepy.. ALWAYS! I tried to wake her for 2 hours and she's like a sleeping beauty.. dead to the world :(
2) She doesn't hold her latch and suckle as I mentioned earlier. My husband has observed and is saying it's likely she's too weak to suck. When we tried bottle feeding her, she has the same pattern of suckling. Suck 5 times.. pause a long time... suck 5 times... but at least she finished the bottle feed. While with my breast, she suck 5 times.. pause a loooooong time... when I tickle her or disturb her to continue feeding, she releases, gets frustrated and cry :( My husband is asking me to just bottle feed my no2 and maybe hopefully when she gets older she will be stronger and can then latch on proper... I wonder if she's used to bottle feeding, will she ever latch on again. The feeling is so different. I love latching on to feed my bb. To pump seems so impersonal :( But I guess for the good of my baby, I really gotta bottle feed her. Has anyone else encounter this type of latching problem with their babies? What happened after?

Hi all mommies
Has anyone tried using the wide neck adapter for medela pumps on avent bottles? do they fit well?
I was trying to use my current pigeon wide neck adapter with my medela pumps and avent bottles. The wide neck portion of the adapter doesn't fit the avent bottle well. So am thinking of buying the wide neck adapter for medela pumps.... just want to be sure they can fit the avent bottles.
Any comments?

Czlyf, i missed my no1 so much that i badly wanted to resume sleeping with him after i was discharged. Lol. I get up from the floor by using my hand to push down on the mattress n slowly adjust myself until i get up. It took some experimentation to succeed with minimal pain. Lol. My no1 offered me his hand too. Haha i was so touched.
I dont believe that post natal massage can lose weight.... Just continue to bf n it will help reduce the tummy.

Toto.. so sweet your no1!! Melts our hearts, the little gestures our kids do..
I salute you in your determination sia!! Mother's sacrifice to be with her kids... I may try to do that soon too as now my wound is only having localised pain.. tried last night but hubby stopped me. Think he scared I can't get up afterwards hahaha...
I think I am losing my no1 :( Since my last trimester, my husband has been more hands on in helping me to bath, feed and carry him. Before delivery I can tell he will specifically chose his dad over me as his mom no longer can play too much with him. After delivery, when he asked to be carried I can only tell him mama in pain, carry next time and he will scurry off to his dad t be carried. It's really tough struggling with the emo. This morning was bad.. his dad asked him to give mama a goodbye kiss before going to ah ma's place and he shook his head and they left :( *SOB SOB* I really hope to regain my strength soon and be able to engage him more. Even now, I am wary not to carry my no2 in front of him too much. Am leaving no2 mainly to nanny to care and feed.

I was googling on post natal massage, they say help massage out the lochia and wind. I am still deciding whether to engage one. I just got a referral for nyonya masseur charging 120 per session! Super ex sia.. may just call Mdm Sadiah to ask first.

Good Morning, mummies & mummies 2 bs!
Have MIA a while cos work has been crazily high... M just so glad tt I requested for block leave before the EDD otherwise I won't have the time to prepare all the stuff...
I m 1 of the few still waiting but I m telling my gal next week then come out let mummy enjoy this week .....

Went to gynae yesterday n he mentioned bb's head is very low but there is ample water in the water bag so shall wait & c how... I have been snacking abit of chocolate & other stuff... Was so shocked tt my 1week gained is 1.2 kg as compared to 500g for 3 weeks last week. Was like a guilty child when gynae asked on the sudden surge in wgt. For week 38, my total gain is like 12.5kg but bb wgt is ard 2.7-2.8kg. Now in a dilemma of enjoy more gd food or suffer later or suffer but suffer lesser later....

Diet has never left women in any stages of their lives......

Thanks Toto for sharing.. will be seeing my gynae next Wed to remove the stitch. Hopefully after that the pain will be gone like your friend's case. Wah you very steady!! after csect still sleep on the mattress on the floor. How did you get on and off?
I am currently sleeping with the confinement nanny on an normal bed while my hubby and no1 sleeps on the mattress on the bed. I already have problem climbing out of the normal bed. It's my 7th day and the pain is beginning to seem tolerable other than the localised area... am contemplating to stop the painkillers soon. My post delivery paunch is still quite big le :( the binder I got from the pharmacy seems to have lost its elasticity. Does postnatal massage really help reduce the paunch?

Thanks Attigal for the advice. I actually have two problems with feeding my no2.
1) She is currently still mildly jaundice (just discharged this morning after photo therapy) and is still so sleepy.. ALWAYS! I tried to wake her for 2 hours and she's like a sleeping beauty.. dead to the world :(
2) She doesn't hold her latch and suckle as I mentioned earlier. My husband has observed and is saying it's likely she's too weak to suck. When we tried bottle feeding her, she has the same pattern of suckling. Suck 5 times.. pause a long time... suck 5 times... but at least she finished the bottle feed. While with my breast, she suck 5 times.. pause a loooooong time... when I tickle her or disturb her to continue feeding, she releases, gets frustrated and cry :( My husband is asking me to just bottle feed my no2 and maybe hopefully when she gets older she will be stronger and can then latch on proper... I wonder if she's used to bottle feeding, will she ever latch on again. The feeling is so different. I love latching on to feed my bb. To pump seems so impersonal :( But I guess for the good of my baby, I really gotta bottle feed her. Has anyone else encounter this type of latching problem with their babies? What happened after?

Mine is pretty much the same, I just cont to latch him, when he stop sucking I may try to burp him, change him to wake him up more. Also I try to catch him when he is more awake.

My massage lady did help me clear some blood clots in the womb and also my watr retention. 120 so ex! My ml charge me 400 for 7 sessions.

Congrats to all full month babies! and for those who are still waiting to pop, be patient! you're almost there!

I'm not organising any bb shower this round. Feel tired already by just thinking of entertaining ppl (I'm quite anti-social :p). Will order cake/ang ku kueh package for close frds & relatives only.

czlyf, I had latching issue too during first 2 weeks but not exactly like yours suckle few times & stop. Mine more on latching issue but bb too engross in sucking till my nipple crackes .... Ouch! my nipple bleeds I had also feel fearful of latching :( .... Thus, I had followed some wonderful mummies here like fuzzybear & totorodino to pump out & let my nipple rest for the day but I do full latching in the night. Surprisingly, I'm now ok to latch liao... no pain anymore ! Guess I've mastered the latching now :D but I still do bottlefeed in the day just to make sure the boy feeds enough. Don't be sad, be strong and we know our bb best.

totordino, your #1 so sweet at such a young age. My #1 is carefree type but #2 is caring type. #2 has been offering help since i discharged from hospital. He too pulled me up from floor while I having hard time getting up. It certainly melt our hearts isn't?

Massage does help clear blood clot from the womb, water retention and get rids of some wind. Not really help in loosing weight ba but the bind after the massage does help to make small the tummy area in my opinion.

Czlyf, wow I think you're pretty lucky to have such a hands on hubby. Better your #1 get attached to your hubby than to grandparents or maid. Don't worry (and this advice was given to me by other mummies when my now 5 yr old #1 was then 2 or 3) your #1 will get attached to whoever is his main caregiver now, but when you pay more attention to him, he will swing back to you.
As for feeding #2, it is possible to relatch after bottle feeding. how easy or difficult it gets depends on the baby. I did struggle with it on days 4-6, and called in sister kang to help. Managed to relatch. If you're very worried about it, how about other feeding methods? Syringe, spoon, cup. The nurses at Mt A gave my baby syringe feeds when she was warded for jaundice on day 7.
Don't worry, your baby will get less sleepy as the jaundice clears. My baby is now 18 days old, pooping and peeing very merrily. Her latch has also grown more accurate, less sloppy.

Czlyf, how old is ur no1? My hb was bathing my son more frequently than me during my pregnancy. But during my last trimester, my son will specifically ask me to bathe him n will throw a massive tantrum if daddy bathes him. So i was bathing him till the day before my delivery, i was actually feeling v emo on the eve of delivery as i wont b able to bathe him for a whole mth after that. During confinemnt, i felt that i lost my son too. He grew very close to my mom n will request my mom to put him to bed instead of me. Was very sad initially but now ok since confinement alr ended n my mom has gone home. The things he does really melt my heart. When im playing with him n no2 starts to cry, he will ask me to go n carry meimei or pat meimei. He will also talk to meimei, touch her head, kiss her face, cover blanket for her n ask her not to cry :)

Blessmum, ur no2 also v sweet. How old r ur two kids?

End of confinement n CL just left. My mum will stay over this month and if I can cope with my bb, next mth, she will only stay over occasionally. My most worries are 3 meals, nite feeds (lack sleep) n find time to pump.

My bb refuses bm. She will rather go on hunger, shake her head, use tongue to block etc. but she will gladly take fm. does anyone encounter this?

Last edited:
totordino, my #2 is 8yo. He has been a great helper! #1 character certainly different. He's more of selfish type. I always ask myself what hav I done wrong in bringin him up that made him today's "him". We've been having quite a hard time dealing with his carefree character.

czlyf,

Seems like your no 2 is very sleepy. my baby girl was very sleepy on the day of delivery and few days afterwards. totally not interested in latching on. Very different from my no 1. My no 1 keep crying because of not enough milk. She will rather sleep than drink milk. She can sleep through the whole night without feeding. after 1 week of sleepiness. Now she is more alert and will cry on the dot for milk. I cannot latch very well unfortunately, till now, still pain whenever i latch her and i cannot clear my boobs with her latching. She will latch and sleep after sucking for a while. Then push my nipple out, when i put her back in the cot, then she wake up and want to latch again. This will go on a few times, until i fed up and pump out my milk and bottle feed her. She is also on fm cas my breast milk not enough.

Guess your baby is still sleepy like mine in the intially days. Maybe after a week or 2 weeks, she will be more keen to latch. haha just realised that i didn't provide any solution. basically facing the same problem, but i would rather pump than latch her. i cannot latch her well, end up nipple pain, bleed, crack and engorgement.

good day mummies...
so sleepy after lunch... and I had a nightmare... I dreamt I gave birth lor and end up waking up....

SN, no one will help me to follow up... the temp helping to cover me has no shipping knowledge at all...
I've prepared all the necessary document and has asked my engineer to ensure that the forwarder contacts and pick up the items.
hopefully can be done by tmr... wish me luck...
Helper ah?? she ho jiak ho koon leh... broke the toilet seat's screw at day 3... :rolleyes:
English dun bother to learn and pick up... abit headache... she looks younger than what's stated in her profile...
trying to give both of us time lor... my mum guiding her now and with the language barrier, we often have to call my cousin's helper to translate....
hope she treasure what she has lor... was sharing with some mummies that she very ho mia... one day dunno drink how many milo peng or kopi peng...
no plain water in take at all....:D

blessmum, glad that you managed to latch... ya alternate between bottle and latching is good...
I will do that too so that transition back to work will be smooth... ;)

what is "walker ball". I think I have no interested in it.

Actually speaking, Now she is six month old. for she was born in 18th, May.

I just train her to stand and lie on the wall in the morning.
你在炫耀吗?婴儿通常在9-10个月开始 会站,如果太早“逼”她们站不是一件好事!这里是让我们这些11月待产的妈妈们聊天,我们不知道你的目的是什么!是要推销什么产品吗??如果您也是11月待产的准妈妈,我们欢迎你!但我想你不是,因为你的宝宝6个月大!

blessmum, hehe, since your #2 is so different, it shows that your #1's character is not a result of your method in bringing him up.

febie, sounds like ur company got a useless temp to cover you. How did your helper break the toilet seat screw?! she never use toilet before ah? oops. haha. which country is she from? waahhhhh... she doesn't drink plain water at all? machiam on confinement. hahaha. maybe she comes from a very poor background so she's never had the chance to drink milo or coffee previously, so now she is drinking in revenge.

Yes SN, I v guai.. only take longan tea, milo n milk w hot water. Plain water only taken when eating supplements. Aiya, 1st time mummies ma tt y so guai. Keke.. I miss plain water lo.. I can drink 2 ltr a day b4 preg.

Attigal, I went post natal check up aldy. Also hav e same problem as u. My womb has small clot of blood! No wonder since Monday I hab several menses cramp n I google tt and it said is normal since uterus shrinking back. Now, need to get rid of e blood xlot. Super pain sia when ML massage it. Really wanna slap her. My lochia like ending. . But only when she massage den lochia comes back. U take how long to clear ur blood clot? How we noe is aldy cleared? My gyne nv giv me appt for review le.

My bb oso drink n sleep. He can take 1 hr to finish his milk. Wonder y some bb drink within 10 mins while my sleepyhead take 1 hr. Bth e time wasted. How am I gg to jaga when cl nt ard?

Ashgray, my bb dun like fm. Cos a tin aldy open n I dun wan to waste it since it gonna discard it after 3 weeks. So cl feed him 1-2 times daily. Bb will giv a super dun like face. So now totallynow ebm liao.

Third3timemum,
Ur chinese is powerful! Hehe. I double i can string sentences like tat w/o using the wrong characters =P

TGIF!! 1 more week to end of "confinement"! Cant wait to head for xmas shopping and soaking in the xmas atmosphere with the kids =)

Yes SN, I v guai.. only take longan tea, milo n milk w hot water. Plain water only taken when eating supplements. Aiya, 1st time mummies ma tt y so guai. Keke.. I miss plain water lo.. I can drink 2 ltr a day b4 preg.

Attigal, I went post natal check up aldy. Also hav e same problem as u. My womb has small clot of blood! No wonder since Monday I hab several menses cramp n I google tt and it said is normal since uterus shrinking back. Now, need to get rid of e blood xlot. Super pain sia when ML massage it. Really wanna slap her. My lochia like ending. . But only when she massage den lochia comes back. U take how long to clear ur blood clot? How we noe is aldy cleared? My gyne nv giv me appt for review le.

My bb oso drink n sleep. He can take 1 hr to finish his milk. Wonder y some bb drink within 10 mins while my sleepyhead take 1 hr. Bth e time wasted. How am I gg to jaga when cl nt ard?

Ashgray, my bb dun like fm. Cos a tin aldy open n I dun wan to waste it since it gonna discard it after 3 weeks. So cl feed him 1-2 times daily. Bb will giv a super dun like face. So now totallynow ebm liao.

Wow... so envy that u can total ebm! :)
I still need to top up daily ~120ml fm now.. I will keep fighting.. :D feel much better after chatting here..

Hi Attigal
thanks for advice. Will try the burping in between... definitely will have to be more patient and attentive with breast feeding no2. So far there has been some small success in that she has learn to suckle more continuously and consistently on one breast with proper latch. I thought she would be half full but she is still hungry afterwards and can still down a bottle of 60ml of ebm. Don't understand...

Hi Mumagain
gosh... I can feel the pain as you described it. Imagine with cracked nipple you still latch at night... really painful. I know my whole body tensed up and my teeth clenches when I latch my no2 when I had sore nipples earlier on... at times I just can't tahan.. will cry out too :( I think I scared the wits out of my CL and family members :p Yet we mummies still persevere!! hahaha...

Hi ankh
Yeah I feel pretty happy with my helpful hubby too. Compared to no1, he is also more attentive towards me during pregnancy and after delivery. You are right, better the kids close to either parents than maids or caregivers. However, currently I will concentrate on my no2 daytime and when my no1 comes back in the evening from my mil, I will spend more time with him.

Hi toto
My no1 is 21mths now. He has always have a tendency towards his dad coz my hubby is the one who sends him and picks him up from my mil daily. I used to pick him up together with my hubby but since second/third tri I stopped. Since then the bond between father and son has developed further. My no1 called papa first too hahaha.. Am trying to involve no1 more when we handle no2, not sure if there will be sibling jealously.. but we have not observe any so far. Any good advice to minimise sibling jealously? Your no1 seems to love his mei mei.. so sweet! I have heard if the elder is a boy and younger is a girl, the boy will not likely be jealous but will in fact take care of the younger sis... dunno how true is that :)

Hi impulse41
Your situation sounds like mine!!! My no2 now is 8days old and her jaundice seems better after phototherapy. During discharge, the nurses has already told me no matter what must feed her 3hrly without fail with around 60ml (her consumption rate observed when she was warded). So we did that. Since she can't latch well due to her sleepiness and weak sucking, I expressed and my CL feed her every 3hrly. She was still pooing muconium till yesterday and taking almost half to an hour to drink 60ml. But last night was an interesting change, she pooped after every feed.. but she wakes up every 2hourly and started crying for milk. Wah me and CL now panda eyes. Her poo is now turning yellowish... thank goodness!! Think her system started waking up hahaha....
And my no1 was also same as yours, he would wake up on the dot at 2hr and cry his lungs out till he feeds. When he latched on, he chop chop 15min will drain each breast and I have no problem breastfeeding him at all!

Hi Felval
My confinement ends 13Dec and I am soo sooo glad that I can still join in last min xmas shopping hahahaha.. initially was planning to shop before I pop but I guess I am just too heavy and lazy liao hehe... looking forward to end of confinement and SHOPPING!!!!!! and XMAS CAROLS!!!!! *paiseh.. I xmas siao one :p*

Third3timemum,
Ur chinese is powerful! Hehe. I double i can string sentences like tat w/o using the wrong characters =P

TGIF!! 1 more week to end of "confinement"! Cant wait to head for xmas shopping and soaking in the xmas atmosphere with the kids =)
Val, my spoken Mandarin lagi sounds like I'm from China, even I was told I look like from China!!! Hated it though . Most of my Chinese returned to my teachers liao, fortunately I studied Hanyu Pinyin before, but sometimes will make mistake with pinyin, but still roughly remember which character to use, I got A1 in O Level!But my 13years old got F9 for his Mother tongue!

Pinky, hahaha, u never read our earlier posts lamenting how slow our babies took to drink from bottle. Record holder was 90mins! Once they r one month old, can change to the next stage teat already, it will be much faster.

Czlyf, ur no2 is a girl or boy? I dunno if its because my no1 is boy while no2 is girl so no sibling rivalry. I know alot of elder sisters tend to b jealous of the younger sibling. N if both are of the same gender, greater tendency for jealousy. I must also thank my no1's cc teachers. They have been teaching him abt having a meimei ever since they knew i was pregnant with a girl. I dont think my hb n i could have taught him that well.

3xmum, i always feel insulted whenever i go overseas n the angmos just assume chinese means from china. Lol.

Pinky, hahaha, u never read our earlier posts lamenting how slow our babies took to drink from bottle. Record holder was 90mins! Once they r one month old, can change to the next stage teat already, it will be much faster.

Czlyf, ur no2 is a girl or boy? I dunno if its because my no1 is boy while no2 is girl so no sibling rivalry. I know alot of elder sisters tend to b jealous of the younger sibling. N if both are of the same gender, greater tendency for jealousy. I must also thank my no1's cc teachers. They have been teaching him abt having a meimei ever since they knew i was pregnant with a girl. I dont think my hb n i could have taught him that well.

3xmum, i always feel insulted whenever i go overseas n the angmos just assume chinese means from china. Lol.
Ignorant angmos!! Some even thought Singapore is part of China!

I know i have blood clot coz my ml told me she can feel it when aging my womb back in place. Next day after she masaage I went toilet and the blood clot just fell out.

After I drank some herbal soup by my mum another few came out too

toto... my no1 is boy n no2 is girl...
kinda worry abt sibling rivalry so while pregnant w no2, we will always tell no1 his meimei is coming out soon to play with him...etcetc.. always his meimei this and his meimei that... :p

attigal.. eii can feel? steady le.. now i poke my tummy it feels all jello to me. Btw your LC Doris Fok is from which hospital? does she do house visit and if yes how much are her charges?

toto... my no1 is boy n no2 is girl...
kinda worry abt sibling rivalry so while pregnant w no2, we will always tell no1 his meimei is coming out soon to play with him...etcetc.. always his meimei this and his meimei that... :p

attigal.. eii can feel? steady le.. now i poke my tummy it feels all jello to me. Btw your LC Doris Fok is from which hospital? does she do house visit and if yes how much are her charges?

I think she practice in private now. home viSits will be more ex for sure but in 2010 she charged me 60 when I visit her at her place in novena for an hour

hullo! how's everybody? i m so tired.. sigh.. no time to log in.. just on FB and catching up on reading..

I also dun believe in post natal massages.. i rem i tried it cos my previous thread moms did a BP and needed more moms to join. end up the ML told me my tummy is flat enough liao, massaging won't help. zzzz.

Thirdtimemum, i dunno what u type cos my chinese is the F9 type but i m gonna just LIKE it!! wahahaha..

Blessmum, glad to hear that bf-ing is easier now.. Keep up the gd work!

SN, my #1 is the sensible one but i keep snapping at him cos i m so bloody tired. he always helps babysit his sister while i run to the loo or prepare my ebm. talks to her so that she won't cry (but it nv works). i practise detached parenting so my kids will nv specifically ask me to bathe them.

Peilee, u are doing very well in bf-ing too.. dun worry abt supplementing 1-2 feeds a day. u are still giving ur baby the best within the best of ur ability. :)

Fuzzybear, I'm also so tired and its only day 8. As I mentioned on FB, my temp CL got sent home by me. So now my maid, hubby and I take care of #1 and newborn ourselves. I keep walking here and there till my legs are aching...

Just to ask, I feel a little pain at my butt area so I took a mirror to see. I see a small open wound like a blister very near the rectum area. I dun see my stitches. Anyone knows why there's a small wound there? Is it related to my stitches below? But my stitches should be nearer to the front mah. Gynae's appt is on Tue so I can only ask next week....

My confinement will end on 4dec but nw my husband and i already cannot tahan my cl. Initially after i bf, she w comment that i dun hv enough bm isit cos bb refuse to slp after tt n suggest to follow w bottle feed of e ebm i hv which is abt 40ml. Begin first time mum i agreed. Subsequently, i realised tt i can pump abt 80 to 100ml n yet still she w still say y after u bf bb, yr bb doesnt seem to b full n she will go n bottle feed my ebm abt 60ml. I thk that something is nt right n after i bf, i went to pump to c hw much i have jus to verify if bb really intake. Pump out volume was less than half of wat i normally hv.

Subsequently i hv fear of bf cos i m fearful of her sarcastic comments on bb always hungry despite i bf and resorted to pump out my supply to c if it is my prob or her prob. Nw bb is 3rd wk old, she w bottlefeed him 110ml n my husband n i were shocked that she always go top up again with another 30ml or 50ml if bb refuse to slp after feed. Actually bb is nt hungry in most occasions when we took over the bb from her. Can u imagine at his usual feeding time 9pm she feed 110ml n 10pm another 50ml n feeding time another 110ml. Oh my gosh. Not all bb noes hw to reject if they r full.. n despite all e drinks stime, he still dint slp.

Yesterday i caught her doing tt n i told her dun feed the extra 50ml nw. Just play w him n i took over e bb n told her off since he is nt crying for milk. I explained to her tt i dun wan to overfeed bb n i calculated bb tking more than 1000ml a day. Guess wat she reply mi. Your bb already overfed lo. I m seriously v pissed n nw hubby n i waiting for her to go bk.. jus tt she want to rest she w jus feed n feed.. omg

hullo! how's everybody? i m so tired.. sigh.. no time to log in.. just on FB and catching up on reading..

I also dun believe in post natal massages.. i rem i tried it cos my previous thread moms did a BP and needed more moms to join. end up the ML told me my tummy is flat enough liao, massaging won't help. zzzz.

Thirdtimemum, i dunno what u type cos my chinese is the F9 type but i m gonna just LIKE it!! wahahaha..

Blessmum, glad to hear that bf-ing is easier now.. Keep up the gd work!

SN, my #1 is the sensible one but i keep snapping at him cos i m so bloody tired. he always helps babysit his sister while i run to the loo or prepare my ebm. talks to her so that she won't cry (but it nv works). i practise detached parenting so my kids will nv specifically ask me to bathe them.

Peilee, u are doing very well in bf-ing too.. dun worry abt supplementing 1-2 feeds a day. u are still giving ur baby the best within the best of ur ability. :)
fuzzybear, I asked if she was showing off , the fact that her daughter is able to stand up on her own, only at 6 months, and its nothing to be proud of, and shouldn't "force" a baby to stand when she's not ready, told her baby learn to stand at about 9-10month, so it may be harmful. I said this is a platform for us who are due in Nov 2013 to chat, and we welcome her to join in our chat, however, it seems she's more like trying to sell something, since her daughter is already 6 months old.

Fuzzybear, I'm also so tired and its only day 8. As I mentioned on FB, my temp CL got sent home by me. So now my maid, hubby and I take care of #1 and newborn ourselves. I keep walking here and there till my legs are aching...

Just to ask, I feel a little pain at my butt area so I took a mirror to see. I see a small open wound like a blister very near the rectum area. I dun see my stitches. Anyone knows why there's a small wound there? Is it related to my stitches below? But my stitches should be nearer to the front mah. Gynae's appt is on Tue so I can only ask next week....
You are Jane Mah?

Back