(2013/11) November 2013

littleprince> yeah! finally settled ur helper issue! gd luck k! :)

littleprince and third3timemum> apparently she likes to comment abt everything..the other day she asked what my friend's wife bought in their china trip..he showed her the pics of the dresses the wife bought..then this same stupid colleague commented that the dresses she bought are out-dated and the colors are v dull..*slaps head*

then this morning, my other colleagues left a surprise bday gift on my table..she kept digging to ask who it is from even after i showed reluctance to say..really drives me nuts..

Fuzzybear, ya think ur fren needs a gd break now.. She can consider it when she's more ready for it.. My GD was a bit of a shock for my hubby cos he saw me vomitting all the way, appetite so small, was wondering how it happened.. The doc explained it's just the hormones.. I have to keep up with calories in my diet so portions have to be bigger than wat I was taking, and more snack times too.. The 1st couple of days I started the diet plan, somtimes eat halfway wanna puke cos so full, but I just kept up with it slowly.. It's better now.. Just had a scan yesterday and bb is at 1.4 kg at 31 wks and I've finally gained 5 kg from pre-preg.. Although bb is still small, both gynae and diabetes doc said the gd thing is that bb's growth has been very consistent all the way, so it could also be genetic factors since hubby and me are pretty small built..

Bluenosebear, ya me still on proluton and duphaston, will be on it till wk 34.. I'm also just on diet plan.. Prof and diabetes doc are happy with my prick test results so they said definitely no need for insulin.. yeah! But I'm ok with continuing with the prick tests cos it helps me to keep track too.. Oh but prof said hor, we are looking at early delivery for safety of bb.. if possible is to wait till wk 37.. But if the situation calls for it, he will induce my labour even at wk 34/35.. Currently my bb head down already, dunno will do acrbatics and shift again anot.. haha.. Jia you too, my cycle buddy! All will go swee swee for you too!! :)

Gelobean, thanks!! Wah ur colleague ultimate lor.. Just ignore!! Think she really got nothing in her life.. Little things like that also must make so many comments..

Febie, thank you!! Did you deliver in nuh for your #1? Was there any diaper bags or things like that when u discharged?

totorodino> she is 40+..not married..and yes! like ur colleague, she likes to eavesdrop and keep herself abreast of the happenings in office..for goodness sake, why are people so free man?! i tink my colleague and ur colleague can be best of friends..seriously...best part is she does all these nonsense right..on top of tt, reads newspapers in office even when she reaches office late...cuts her nails..den pack breakfast/ tea snack back..and then she will complain that she doesn't have enough time to finish her work and ask others to help her! what's wrong with these people?

Febie, I have the same concern about kissing on the lips. I almost freak out when there was once my mil seemed to have kissed my boy too close to the mouth. GRRRRRR.

gelobean, hahaha. Your colleague sounds like kayliz's colleague (if i recall correctly), also 40+ and not married and doesnt do anywork, kpo about the things she bought. My eager beaver colleague is 31 this year only, pretty, and and married to a Shanghainese. No kids yet. And she is always saying that she doesnt want kids yet and her reaction will be very big whenever someone asks her when she is gg to have a kid. I think for my colleague, she is just very childish still (although same age as me!), just wants to please everyone that kind. Your colleague is obviously bitter and jealous of you. haha.

Gelobean,
Chill. U cant stop others from commenting wat they wan but u can choose to ignore wat ur colleague commented. Why let her spoilt ur mood? Just smile and ignore her or if u really wan just tell her u like wat u are wearing and carrying, if she doesnt she can choose to ignore or dress and carry better than u.

Febie,
If u move overseas with him for a period i believe company will give the necessary allowance for the family? From there u can plan how to use the $$ w/o asking him for any. I am a sahm currently aft my #2. My hb gives me a monthly allowance and he dun qn how i use it. I of coz have to exercise self control (i am a shoppholic). I do nt ask him for $$ to spend as well.
I dun like ppl be it friends or relatives kissing my kids! This is a mega nono! Be it on the mouth or face. So far my friends pretty auto =p

totorodino> the sad fact of life is...we cannot choose our colleagues unless we ask for transfer or we resign..so we have no choice but to suck it in lor..:( forget it man, i am counting down to my block leave in nov..just 36 working days away..the tot of it perks me up..so i shall just grit my teeth and hang in there..:)

fleefly, your glucose test over? all ok?

SN, girls wanted to stay with us very much then and hb was very eager (he feels i can manage his girls better) but many things went wrong lor. their lifestyle is very different from mine (watch tv and do hw) and girls learnt to exploit both their parents (complained to their mum i am very strict and their mum complained to my hb, girls also threatened to move back to their mum if they are so restricted in my home etc). and my #1 had a lot of behavioral issues during tt period (dunno coincidental or what), he loves to play with them but they always complained abt him, and he was not happy they could watch tv and do hw (hb allowed them in the end coz he didn't want them to move bk) when he can't. that was how chaotic for me then so in the end, i threw in the towel and told hb they must move bk to their mum's. she is very difficult to get along with so, no new partner now. and she is financially ok coz hb paid full for their flat and gave it to her, she rents her extra room out and she is working PT (don't work also ok). hb pays alimony for girls and her, and at times she will call to demand him to pay for extra things too. when I realized I was pregnant, everything changed for the better somehow, girls are very excited about their new sibling and so is my #1. girls want to stay with us again now (short term memory ... forgotten how unhappy they were staying with me then??) and hb's plan is to buy a bigger place for all of us to stay together when they are much older. i told him to slowly save la coz i am not prepared to live with them for now, maybe 3 to 5 years down the road then see how.

on the contrary, my ex spouse has a new partner now (which i am happy for him too) and my #1 is happy with both mine and his new partners so i am glad at least our side is ok.

talking abt Indo maids, my aunt usually hires Indo maid for her house and coz she cooks very well, all her Indo maids eventually succumb to eating her pork dishes too coz they are too delicious! Lol!

gelobean: i was reading ur post and it reminded me of my coll. then i saw SN's post and i just LOL-ed!!!! SN, you have very good memory!
my that coll behaves exactly like yours, but she is not aunty type leh. in fact she goes for dance (POLE DANCE) classes every week. For her age her figure is not bad, she can even wear clothes from blogshops. But sometimes she dresses too "overly young" that we cannot take it.... eg. tank tops & chiffon mini skirts. omg.

so the other day my boss was warned by HR about my dept not dressing appropriately and being frequently late for work. The thing is, i am pregnant so my clothes are definitely office-safe. even before preg i always dress properly for work. i dont have the habit to change from shoes to flipflops when i reach office (not allowed in my workplace) which she does. And i am mostly punctual for work because i send my kid to sch before i work so my timing is fixed. She still had the cheek to come to me and ask me not to be late and dress well for work!!! what a b***h. Until now she is always 15-20 min late daily, every 2 weeks take time-off to go for her physiotherapy (coz she has back prob), every month at least 2-3 days' MC. For this week she has been on MC since Wed till today. This kind of team lead still got right to remind staff to be punctual for work?!

kayliz> looks like we have quite a lot in common huh..if i rem correctly, u stay in punggol too? wah, ur colleague is equally terrible man..pot calling the kettle black? how did she become ur team lead in the first place?! such lousy work attitude..sighs...does ur big boss know? tell her to quit her pole dancing thingy since she is constantly having back problems la..it just doesn't gel..

best, my colleague just commented on my other male colleague's dressing..saying his dressing is too boy-like..."_"

Hi min81, yup I gave birth in NUH for #1.... nothing is free but during that time I did request for the glass bottles from them...
manage to get 6pcs... only rem cos I stay in those 1 bedder got candlelight dinner which we did not eat and let my pils have it...
hope this round they just visit a while and leave can liao...

SN, my co recently got one EB too... hahaha... I totally shut her off and do not wish to entertain her at all...
she thinks she's close to everyone and insist to touch my tummy once and I told her off that I do not allow.
yday when she saw a grp of us chatting and having mooncake in the pantry, she pretend to walk to toilet and out within a min..
super fake... walk into the pantry and commented my tummy so big etc... and my colleagues start to tell her off where got big etc...
she asked me which month i'm in and I just finished my mooncake and walk out... cant be bothered... I will only smile to greet but wont go further...

Feval, the prob is hubby wont even think to provide allowance to me... hahahah... I understand him too well... so dun even dare to tink further...

kayliz, horrible 40+ woman... dun bother abt her lah... just smile and ignore...

fleefly, hope everything ok on the OGTT.

kayliz, gelobean, i live in Punggol too! :)

mummies with helpers, do you keep all / part of your maid's salary huh? Am drafting house rules now but not sure if it is ok not to keep part of her salary (I used to keep all the salary for my ex maid as she will only send it home every 3 mths). according to maid, she has a bank acct in SG where she keeps her money and she also need to remit about half of her salary home mthly for her mum.

Val, how do you stop relatives from kissing your kids? You stop your mil from kissing your kids too?

kayliz, pole dance?!!!! gosh, that's sooooooo.....ah hem. hahaha. aiyoh, she wears mini skirts at her age....!!!

littleprince, you will need a very big house to accomodate 4 kids. hopefully, in 3-5yrs time, the girls would be more sensible and will prefer to stay with their own mother instead, that will solve your problem. hehe. Sounds like a super tough period for you, with differing child upbring methods. I wont allow doing homework in front of TV too. you finish your homework, then watch tv. else no tv at all. oops.

febie, EBs are very irritating hor? they really make the darnest comments just to make themselves heard. This EB likes to make jokes at meetings also, and I really think it's not funny. oh yah, she also went to tell this aunty when i walked past that my tummy getting real huge. and this aunty said, "where got huge, it's considered very neat already!" hahaha. She likes to make comments on childcare practices too. Like how you have to force your kid to sit the stroller and not give in to them etc. Excuse me, you dont even have 1 kid, can you please shut up.

Fuzzybear, ya think ur fren needs a gd break now.. She can consider it when she's more ready for it.. My GD was a bit of a shock for my hubby cos he saw me vomitting all the way, appetite so small, was wondering how it happened.. The doc explained it's just the hormones.. I have to keep up with calories in my diet so portions have to be bigger than wat I was taking, and more snack times too.. The 1st couple of days I started the diet plan, somtimes eat halfway wanna puke cos so full, but I just kept up with it slowly.. It's better now.. Just had a scan yesterday and bb is at 1.4 kg at 31 wks and I've finally gained 5 kg from pre-preg.. Although bb is still small, both gynae and diabetes doc said the gd thing is that bb's growth has been very consistent all the way, so it could also be genetic factors since hubby and me are pretty small built..

Bluenosebear, ya me still on proluton and duphaston, will be on it till wk 34.. I'm also just on diet plan.. Prof and diabetes doc are happy with my prick test results so they said definitely no need for insulin.. yeah! But I'm ok with continuing with the prick tests cos it helps me to keep track too.. Oh but prof said hor, we are looking at early delivery for safety of bb.. if possible is to wait till wk 37.. But if the situation calls for it, he will induce my labour even at wk 34/35.. Currently my bb head down already, dunno will do acrbatics and shift again anot.. haha.. Jia you too, my cycle buddy! All will go swee swee for you too!! :)

Gelobean, thanks!! Wah ur colleague ultimate lor.. Just ignore!! Think she really got nothing in her life.. Little things like that also must make so many comments..

Febie, thank you!! Did you deliver in nuh for your #1? Was there any diaper bags or things like that when u discharged?
Min-Biswas has different thoughts.
Think induce in Wk 34-35 still abit risky bah.
Biswas thinks as long bb growing well, & I'm ok & work slow, will wait & see kind.
For me, think bb is big bah, but I also not sure coz last scan is detailed scan. I also nvr ask for extra scans, which Prof also think is not necessary at that moment.
So will c how on coming Mon scan.
At least yr bb growing consistently, so don think will induce U in Wk 34-35, lah.
But both U & hubby small built so maybe is the reason of small bb bah, compare to me & hubby, is the big size kind.
Maybe, who knows, our bb princess decide to come out on same day full term also, haha..................

SN, i think hard to stop relatives fm kissing babies? use wet wipes to clean our baby's face after they kiss .. hehe!

haiz, we need a big house so that we don't step on each other's toes so much ba. anyway, i leave it to hb to save long long coz i am not in a hurry. but they will still come over on wkends to visit baby after i deliver la (now i avoid at all means for them to come to my place as they are always asking why #1 has this and that etc, i get annoyed to answer too much of such questions). my #1 is not allowed to watch TV on Mon-Thu lor. hb actually suggested girls to come over to my place in the day during my CL as their mum is working PT in the morning but i objected coz he won't be around and i will end up taking care of 4 kids! anyway, the girls stay at home on their own in the mornings during sch hols too.

min, try not to induce too early... at least after week 36... I was on insulin and was only induce on week 38 for my #1...

little prince, yours is transfer maid, do you have to deduct her loan etc?
if she request for her salary to be given to her since she has a bank acct, just ensure you have a notebook that you let her sign to confirm that she got her pay?

littleprince> which part of punggol do u stay in? i stay at damai grove..just beside the damai lrt.. :)

i tink better not let the gals come over ba..since ur husband's ex-wife is so tough to handle..she might just complain that u ill-treat the daughters again..step-parents are always at a disadvantage..no matter how well u treat them, pple will have comments..
besides, u r supposed to rest during confinement!

febie, she came to SG with a new loan but paid a mth before she ended up as trf maid, still left abt $1300 for loan. i will pay the loan for her and deduct mthly lor. but i thought we are supposed to keep part of their salary in case they run off or what?

gelobean, i am staying opp Mee Toh Sch. i told hb its not ideal for girls to be here when i am busy with baby and he is not ard coz the girls are pretty sensitive at times and they may feel i only hv attention for baby and not them (and worse if the 3 kids quarrel when i am busy). but i think hb suggested tt coz girls will feel left out if my #1 is at home with me and baby and they cannot come. girls once commented baby will def be more closer to my #1 than them coz she gets to see kor kor more. not scared abt being complained for ill treatment la, i got cctv at home what. :p

kayliz, gelobean, i live in Punggol too! :)

mummies with helpers, do you keep all / part of your maid's salary huh? Am drafting house rules now but not sure if it is ok not to keep part of her salary (I used to keep all the salary for my ex maid as she will only send it home every 3 mths). according to maid, she has a bank acct in SG where she keeps her money and she also need to remit about half of her salary home mthly for her mum.
When my helper first came, I told her in order to open a bank account in SG for foreigners, the min is $1000, and she need to save for about 3 months to do that, and she like to keep the salary herself, so I respect her, she said she pass to her sister, who's working in SG, to remit back home. She also told me, her sister told her, can open a Philippines bank account in SG, and min is $500 only, but can only withdraw the money in Philippines, I keep a record of salary I paid in cash every month, we both signed on the record, that is the only evident to show I paid her salary, as there is no bank account.

So far, after 2 years, she's still take care of all her salary. I told her if she don't have a bank account, she may overspent, and have nothing left, at the end of contract. She was supposed to go home leave mid this year, but she said she want to save more $, and will go home leave next year instead. I told her before, if she go home, better during school holidays, so I will not be so stressful.

Thanks to all the mummies who gave input on how to handle #1 when #2 arrives! Seriously never thought about this issue until another mummy told me how she had to moderate her #1's jealousy when her own #2 arrived. Some more both her kids and mine have the same age gap, really made me panic a little. But looks like older kids' characters also play a part.

Littleprince, I think you've been very wise and generous in dealing with your #1 and your step daughters Can still plan long term to allow everyone to stay together! My aunt divorced her ex on bad terms and had full custody of her daughter. Now my cousin can't recognise her half siblings on her father's side since she hardly had any contact with him or his new family. Oth, she's extremely close to her half bro and sis on her mum's side since they all stay together. It would be natural for your #2 to be closer to your #1 than to the two girls. Hopefully your hubby will also pitch in successfully to moderate all the kids behaviors. But yeah, agree w gelobean confinement is for you to rest, not to get stressed out with 4 kids!

Wahaha, today read about the irritating colleagues, sorry, but they are all very funny!

Gelobean, what is bv? I only know lv (Louis vuitton ;p)

Kayliz, aiyo, your team leader would've gotten penalized at my old workplace. If still continue with irresponsible behavior, the management would have found a way to sack her. How come she's still around? I've even seen sales managers been sacked partly cos of super bad attitude.

littleprince, im ok if relatives just kiss the cheek, just don't kiss so close to the mouth! eeekkkks!
yea, the girls better don't come over during your CL, you will end up taking care of 4 kids! are they about the same age as your #1?

shouldn't have eaten the yellow noodles for lunch. now feel like puking and super sleepy.

littleprince, you dun pay her full until her loan is paid off...
now for a start just pay her those no off day pay?
else work out how long she wants the $1.3K loan to be repay to you.
my agency told me only to pay my helper those no offday pay $70 for 4 days during first 2 mths...
3rd mth onwards, pay her $170 plus $70... until her loan has been completed. then pay her full.

ya agree with the rest, during confinement, try to get more rest... if they want to visit, choose a sat and let them stay over for a night then get your hubby to send them back... else even during sch holiday, it will be fri - sun since your hubby will be home too for them...

ankh, I can sense #1 jealousy now... and I just ordered a book on book depository on how to manage a toddler and a baby...
BV= bottega ven,....

oh yesterday, Neo Garden gave us two mooncakes in a nice box together with my tingkat dinner. I thought that was a very nice gesture on their part. haha.

littleprince> wow, so near mee toh! gd for pri skool registration leh..my side is quite ulu..pri 1 reg will be a problem..

ankh, bv = bottega veneta.. :)

Febie, I see.. Wah got candlelight dinner some more.. haha.. They probably don't have it anymore cos it was not mentioned during pre-reg..

Febie, totoridino, bluenosebear, actually Prof was just letting me know there's such a possibility.. Cos there's also the suspicion that my bb is not feeding effectively from the placenta.. He explained that yes, in general, wk 37 is considered full term but every case has to be looked at individually.. In my case, if bb is not doing well in the intra-uterine environment, the pd can do more for the small and weak bb when she is out.. If dragging on will cause complications for the bb, the situation might be harder to reverse.. That's why he's monitoring closely on bb's growth, most impt is bb's health.. He was actually quite happy with yesterday's scan so I only need to see him in 2 wks instaed of 1 wk.. So I guess that's gd news.. He said just to continue to be vigilant with bb movements and we'll all do our best for a healthy bb :)

Totoridino, felval, febie, hubby and I are worried abt relatives kissing our bb during CNY too! Actually more like my relatives la, haha, cos his side only his mum.. How to reject if all the aunts wanna hold and kiss him ah.. I think hubby and I will be clinging on to bb the whole time.. And probably just leave early..

gelobean/littleprince.. no no.. i stay in Jurong West :) she joined my co. as a team lead before me. so when i came to this co i was already under her. i ever went into my boss' room to complain about her, but seems like no use leh. my boss only says she will observe and will do what she can to improve the situation.

littleprince: i dont intend to keep my maid's salary. but she says she wants to open a bank acct. so i will do it for her when she gets her 1st pay. my agent already did a table for us so everytime i pay her, both of us will sign. do u keep maid's passport? my maid auto passed her passport to me to keep. anyway i also bought the security bond protector so in case she runs away, we dont get fined.

SN: Ya lor. and she is proud of her ability to dance okie. coz she has been dancing for very long (that explains her good figure). not only mini skirts, once we went on a biz trip (usually 1st day touch down no need to work), she wore low rise jeans with mid-riff top! showing half her belly with belly stud somemore. Ok she really has flat tum la but it is not appropriate to dress like that ma. she thought she go holiday meh. somemore with big boss on the same flight.

thirdtimemum: for FDW, no need minimum deposit amount to open bank acct. also no minimum balance to maintain for POSB bank. http://www.posb.com.sg/personal/deposit/fdw-savings

Min81, oh i see. Your gynae would know best what to do for your baby. :) Do you like to eat steaks? Heard that beef can help in increasing baby's weight.

Kayliz, wah, your colleague is really a 老hiao! business trip even if first day no need to work also very inappropriate to dress in mid riff top with belly exposed! gosh! unless you are working in advertising industry then maybe people are abit more open minded lar. I think she is one of those staff that she knows management will never be able to get rid of her (either company is too kind to get rid of her or she is too valuable to the company) so she doesnt care.

gelobean/littleprince.. no no.. i stay in Jurong West :) she joined my co. as a team lead before me. so when i came to this co i was already under her. i ever went into my boss' room to complain about her, but seems like no use leh. my boss only says she will observe and will do what she can to improve the situation.

littleprince: i dont intend to keep my maid's salary. but she says she wants to open a bank acct. so i will do it for her when she gets her 1st pay. my agent already did a table for us so everytime i pay her, both of us will sign. do u keep maid's passport? my maid auto passed her passport to me to keep. anyway i also bought the security bond protector so in case she runs away, we dont get fined.

SN: Ya lor. and she is proud of her ability to dance okie. coz she has been dancing for very long (that explains her good figure). not only mini skirts, once we went on a biz trip (usually 1st day touch down no need to work), she wore low rise jeans with mid-riff top! showing half her belly with belly stud somemore. Ok she really has flat tum la but it is not appropriate to dress like that ma. she thought she go holiday meh. somemore with big boss on the same flight.

thirdtimemum: for FDW, no need minimum deposit amount to open bank acct. also no minimum balance to maintain for POSB bank. http://www.posb.com.sg/personal/deposit/fdw-savings
Thank you. I only went to check with UOB, didn't know about POSB, DBS also the same??

Fetched helper back, so far seems ok. She was quite earnest in sharing she only had experience in taking care of kids fm 1yo onwards. Req will need me to tch her how to take care of newborn so she can help me. Seemed quite mature in her thinking too. But very exhausting to brief how to do all the chores at one go, am resting now with a bottle of ribena!

Thks to all for sharing regarding salary, won't be keeping for her coz she has her own savings fm the 12 yrs she worked here.

Ankh, kids are innocent ma, they shld still hv the right to keep in touch with their relatives. But I hate it when their mum made unnecessary remarks to the girls to make them feel hb and I don't care abt them.

SN, girls are 1 yr and 3 yrs older than my #1.

Kayliz, yes agent passed her passport to me and we took the runaway bond too. Better be safe than sorry.

Gelobean, didn't think till P1 reg yet la. Anyway, baby has siblings in other schs for us to consider.

Febie, girls cannot stay overnight at my place (I will die!). Anyway, no space next time with baby and CL and maid. They can only visit us in the day lor.

Hello! After my OGTT, I head straight for a big nasi briyani! And went to run a list of errands and ended with a whitey prawn Mee before heading for home... Super tiring day! The results for my OGTT not out yet I think.. Ng hear fr my gynaecologist yet.. Usually will take how long to know the result huh??? I took it b4 for num 1 but forget Liao...
Also went for my 30 weeks visit n the scan machine estimated bb to be are 1.7kg now.. Phew... But I gained 15kg to date already too!

Febie, how old is your num 1? Mine's a 22 mth toddler, my hubby bought a sylvanian family doll house to prepare it as a gift fr her didi Liao.. But I wonder if she will understand... Though she's been pointing to my tummy and claimed hat there's a didi in there.. Irish regards to sibling jealousy, I read that we should intro the bb to the elder kid w/o carrying the bb so that they won't feel excluded? Also, try not to bf in front of the elder at the beginning?

Once heard from a fren that her num 1 cried and screamed when he saw the bb bro bf cos he tot that the bb is biting the mommy and he wanted to help pull the bb away!

Little Prince, gd to hear that your helper is gd! But just a word of caution, they do change and might behave differently before and behind us. I had been staying with my sis for ten over years and had seen too many of such cases.. Super duper good at first then made us wanna faint after some time or.... Behind our back patterns more than badminton! Time n again my sis n I always forget and give the new helpers the benefit of doubt and time n again we are the ones to get bitten! The most recent one(still with us), looks very decent but slow and forgetful. We don't really give a damn to it until one fine evening I passed by her room n saw that she was using my sis's iPad. She told me that she was using the dictionary n I just left it there. But... Due to her forgetful nature, she forgot to log out from her FB. N we saw that she had been using the iPad w/o permission for a long time and she had been posing some what should i call....sultry photos? We had been off guard ourselves lah, nv evem set password for ipads.. just not so nice for her to use w/o asking cos there could be some impt info in the ipad ya..? To think that most of the time she accomplishes only half of what was dedicated to her and we just close an eye thinking that she's just slow.. N after which, we also found out a number of lies she made... And this is just one very mild case, many previous ones got more amazing stories .. Anyways, just be grateful to have found a gd helper but don't be 100% off guard.

Ok, another weekend is here, all deserving mamas, rest well! Cheers!

1003924_10151681551672582_94549411_n.jpg

Show your baby Bump at Expo this weekend!

Bluenosebear, yup hubby and I think so too :) My hubby was so skinny last time, only 40 kg when he went to army.. haha.. Now just eat healthy and nutritious so good stuff goes to bb.. And of cos nothing sweet lor.. Quite xin ku sometimes hor? Especially cos my mouth always has bitter taste, sometimes want something a little sweet.. I think I'm gonna binge on sinful food after giving birth.. haha..

Totoridino, yes yes I like beef! :) Been taking more now to try and plump up baby.. Hope to see a gd improvement 3 wks later..

Hello mommies. Busy the whole day. Super tired to the point that I dozed off on the sofa while minding the kids.

Min81, yup for some cases it is actually safer for the bb to come out (even though they have not reach full term) than staying inside u. One reason is placenta aging, whereby the placenta starts to degrade before u are ready to deliver and this might harm baby because the placenta delivers all the necessary stuff to bb. My fren had to induce twice due to placenta aging and her bb was really tiny. Only 2.4kg at 38 wks. Anyway I think ur gynae knows what he is doing cos u are considered high risk pregnancy. Hope all goes well for u. Eat more beef!!!

Little Prince, gd that ur maid seems gd but I agree with Fleefly and advise u to be strict initially and do a lot of spot checks. When she gets the hang of routine, then u can let go a bit. My maid is due to come tmr. Also gd lah I m really quite exhausted doing housework and night duties.

REad abt ur step daughters and I think they are smart gals. Actually u can't blame them cos they are just doing what they can to get whatever attention they can grab. Still it is frustrating that u have to mind their feelings, ur hb's and his ex-wife's feelings. Salute u for being really patient!

Gelobean, SN, Kayliz, I was laughing at the description of ur colleagues! Pat pat. At least they are in their middle years. My colleagues who lecture me are only in their mid 20s!!

Ankh, may be ur #1 is a sensible gal and won't give u too much a headache! Was talking to my #1 just now abt mei mei's impending arrival and he said he would have preferred if it was just him and #2. So I asked him how? Mei mei is gonna come no matter what, shd I give her away? He said no, that he loves mei mei too no matter what.

fleefly, usually will know the GTT outcome on the spot leh. do you rem your readings for 1st and 2nd test? need to be below 6.6 and 7.7 respectively.

helper - no la, won't let my guard down be it now or next time. but i still feel my ex-Myanmar helper was alot more hardworking compared to this helper. but so far for the last 2 days, she has helped to complete quite a bit of cleaning and ironing (we ran out of hangars coz we never had clothes all ironed on time previously :p). cooking was ok (she cooked porridge with dishes for hb and me yesterday for lunch and chicken curry for our dinner). only thing was she raised on the 2nd day that she is not comfortable tt there is a CCTV in her room (she is sharing room with baby but baby won't sleep with her at night, only nap in her room during the day). i told her i have already informed her regarding this during the interview and when she came back to my place, i even reminded her that she will need to change her clothes in the toilet, it is not possible for me to turn it off as it is not her room but she is sharing a room with my baby. told her if she is really uncomfortable, to let me know and i will have to send her back to the agent. she told me she will think about it and let me know. will check with her again middle of this week to see what she says.

fuzzybear, didn't blame them la coz the way they are reacting is caused indirectly by their mum. but i stay clear of certain issues if i feel i am not the best person to address them.

its Monday again! this week gonna be busy with work and #1 is having his birthday tmrw! anyone intending to go to Rise and Shine fair this wkend?

Morning all! Last fri evening my gynaecologist called and told me my OGTT results is on the high side but no diabetes so to say! *phew*
We are oneweek closer to the finishing line! Have a good week everyone!

littleprince, good that you stood firm regarding the CCTV. The room isn't hers so it's not like you are watching her with the CCTV but you are watching the baby mah (though of course, you want to monitor how she treats the baby too). wow, she can cook chicken curry. after you mention about porridge and dishes, i really feel like eating them now.......

morning mummies!

feeling quite weird today, breathless and feel like puking.. :(

fleefly> congrats on the negative result!

littleprince> yea, agree with totorodino that your helper should not be the one determining if u shud have a CCTV in the room..furthermore, u have already informed her upfront, so it's rather strange that she is backing out now?

good morning mummies...

Kayliz, I like what SN mentioned abt the Lao Hiao... hahaha.... I really hate it when ppl do not how to dress appropriately...
imagine at 40s still like that... bth...

min81, oic, then your gynae's advice will be good for you. He knows your condition best. and yes, stick to beef and strictly no durian.
Durian has high sugar contents.... and since you cant dissolve sugar now in your blood thus, no advisable to eat.
just like my first pregnancy. despite losing a lot of weight and not gaining anything. jia you.

little prince, dun kill yourself. I was saying after confinement but since their mum is so immature, so I suggest you not letting them stay... just visit
in the day will do...

fleefly, mine is coming to 44 mths this weekend... so he seems to understand but guess he feel threaten. I carry my tummy with me but drop him in CC. :)
I just borrowed a book from the library over the weekend saying a new brother or sis and they have a page on breast feeding... #1 and me talk abt it and he
says he will feel shy to drink from my breasts at this age and I do not intend to latch him too... Told him I can express out the milk and both him and his
brother will drink from the bottle... will try not to latch #2 in front of him during the first week or 2 until he's quite comfortable...

little prince, concerning the CCTV, since the helper has agreed to the CCTV at the agency, even you sent her back to the agency,
the agent will tell her she agrees thus she cant go back on her words... just have to tell her that all changing of clothes to be done in the toilet and
the cam is strictly to monitor baby and not her movement.

SN, gelobean, febie - yalor, the CCTV in her room cannot be compromised la, at worst i change helper only. anyway, i told hb it may be inconvenient and more work but i rather get one that is really ok (i can tong till ML period also if need be) than one that minds lor. i hv a gf who told me she regretted not putting CCTV in the room that maid shares with her baby coz when she and hb are not at home, the maid will bring baby and her older daughter into the room very early at night and she has no visibility on what they are doing in the room. when my gf asked her older daughter, she was told auntie play with phone while she plays with mei mei in the room. so i told her straight lor, that its not entirely her room and i need to monitor my baby. so its either she accepts it or we return her to agent lor. (agent did tell her before leaving that if she gives me problem, he will send her back to Phil and not find another employer for her again.)

littleprince> yea, u'll never know what the helpers will do behind ur back..my friend caught her helper and bf doing the deed in the master bedroom..so it's always better to be on the safe side..

Morning! back from OB this am.. i gained 2.4kg in 3 wks and baby only gained 200g! where did all the weight go to man? Baby is finally of normal weight of 2kg at 32.5 wks. i do notice that my water retention is worse this time around.. my ankles and feet are still swollen even after a night's slp and that's what my doctor suspects too. anyway he isn't too concern abt it. he actually says weight gain causes unnecessary stress to the mom! I love my doc!

We also confirmed that we will be doing ligation.. the contraceptive rate is abt 1 in 10,000 and there's a slightly higher risk of ectopic pregnancy. my OB kept asking me if i really want to do it because 15% of his patients have asked him to reverse ligation, which is quite high.. some of the reasons he listed were that they wanted 3rd to 4th kid, remarriage and having a sick child. So he said for my case, he will request for the PD to be present in the operating theatre to check that bb is healthy before he does the ligation. If anyone is interested, the cost of doing ligation is abt 2K when u are doing it with c-sec.. if not the procedure at Glen E can cost abt 6K!

Little Prince, good that u are staying firm on the CCTV. it's not like u sprung a surprise on her.. my new maid is really clueless abt doing domestic chores. can see she doesn't really know how to plan her time (like she dunno how to set the water to boil and do other chores in the meantime. but so far her attitude seems ok.. not very proactive though cos i think she really dunno what to expect. my mom did say she has a bit of skills cooking from the way she wields the wok and spatula. :p also she needs a light on to slp.. first night she left her room light on the whole night! apparently she scared of the dark. wah lao. zzzz...

I won't be gg for the Rise and Shine Expo but will be going for the Baby Market one..

gelobean, I heard the same story from my ex colleague too. They changed the whole bed and mattress after that! so gross!

Hi girls,

Glad to see everyone here at the last stage of our pregnancy. I am almost 32 weeks now. The last time i went to the gynae at 30 weeks, the doc measured bb at 1.2 kg. hmmm she said bb is average but he seemed small to me esp I am quite tall. I am 1.68m and gained 6-7 kg so far. I don't know if his weight is an issue and I'm currently trying to beef him up.
Hee Hee

Didnt read post for many weeks. Time flies and we are in the final stage of delivery. In 6-8 weeks we will be offloded from heavy tummy. After 37 weeks, we will be posting our stay in hospital and waiting our bb to be popped out.

Felt so guilty n bad starving my bb..went client's place this morning. .normally I ate alot in e morning. . Today went client place.. I nv take any 2nd bf or even a drink!! My client didn't offer us water at all. From 10am to 1pm, I stuck w e client explaining. Super drained at e end of it. Can feel bb kicking ard 11am...seems like he is hungry. I jus managed to had my lunch.. bb oso kicking v hard while im eating. So sad tt I starve him. Tml will b e same day again. :(

aiyoh pinky, the client so terrible, didnt offer you any water. tomorrow, you should just ask for water. or bring your own water.

Back