(2013/11) November 2013

totorodino> yea man! i was horrified to hear tt..there are many more horror stories oso..but to give the benefit of the doubt, not all helpers are like that i guess..

gwengan> i am oso rather worried abt bb's weight gain..she weighed 1.1kg during my 28th week visit..doc said it's normal, so i can only take comfort that she is...hopefully she would have plumped up on my next visit at 32 weeks..

snake_bb> yes, time flies! i cannot imagine myself in the delivery ward...starting to have cold feet..hopefully it will be a pleasant experience..

pinky> perhaps u can try eating something heavy before u head to client's tmr?

Sn,
Yes. I just tell them the kids sensitive skin ask them dun kiss else outbreak or rashes the kids v xinku. Of coz some nt auto will say "nvm" la. I will try to carry my kids away then.

Min81,
Ur gynae knows ur condition best. Jiayou babe.
Actually small baby easiest. I just pouch baby n when relatives ask to see then i just let them peep but i will nt carry the baby out. I just say baby slpping later carry out end up crying gonna pacify.

Litprince,
Hope ur maid will be gd and help u out instead of giving u more probs =)

Pinky,
Aiyo. Poor thing. If i am hungry and dun eat i will start to feel giddy.

gelobean, think such cases are common lor. tts why we have CCTV and make known to her so that she knows we will find out easily. we also lock our master bedroom as i feel its easier to just leave my valuables in there then having to think if anything is missing or what.

fuzzybear, your helper has her own room? if need to share room, will be tough to allow her to keep the lights on for the whole night hor?

pinky, bring biscuits along to munch if hungry?

snake_bb, where have you been? busy with work?

why so quiet today? where's Winkle huh? and Manawab? and Bless Mum? Mummychua?

Snake_bb, long time no see.. ur son adapting well to school? yes u cannot do ligation if u are delivering naturally because it is an invasive procedure. U need to do it via laprascopy (keyhole surgery). since i m doing a c-sec, he can just cut the tube after delivering the baby, through the c-sec wound.

Pinky, must eat before u go to work.. try to get something on the way to work. always bring ur own bottle of water. i carry my own bottle everywhere i go lor.

Little Prince, yes she has her own room cos i won't allow her to slp with my kids. will need to get her a small night light lor.

Wah my gynae's nurse just call me to update me on the cost of doing a c-sec with my OB.. it has increased from 4K last year to 5K this year. Plus 2K ligation cost, plus his attendance fee, i will be paying him abt 8.2K! total stay will cost me 13K!

gwengan/gelobean: dun worry, my bb only 1.1kg during 28 weeks too. Gynae said is normal.
At 32 weeks, my bb became 2kg. I didnt even eat a lot, i seem to lose appetite after i hit 3rd trimester.
My first child was born 3.2kg... so everytime i have doubts on my bb weight, i will compare with my #1's record. Everything seems to be on par. :)

also im not worried about bb head turning down or not. my #1's head didnt engage until after week 36.

kayliz> hopefully my bb will 2 kg during my next visit too! i oso lost my appetite in the recent days/ weeks...if i try to eat as per normal, i will have v bad indigestion and have the urge to puke everything out.. :(

nowadays, it's quite uncomfortable to sit down oso, coz i feel like something is pushing against my chest..i tink it's the bb's legs..

a friend also locks her master-room door daily and only allows the maid to clean the master room on weekends when she is at home. so her clothes and all that, she will pack into her own wardrobe and her bed, she will tidy it herself daily too. she said, she will just let all the dust and hair accumulate in her room until weekends. haha. littleprince, you gg to do the same thing?

Just went to a meeting with my eager beaver colleague. Once again, she said, "你的肚子很大了, 很恐怖“! wah lao, i really wanna slap her face. what's so scary?!
So i asked, "you never had any friends who are pregnant issit?" and then she stummered and I didn't hear her reply. After the meeting, a colleague asked when I'm gg to deliver and this eager beaver colleague went to say again "她的肚子很大,我每次站在她的旁边都觉得很恐怖“. then my boss went on to say that actually this is considered very normal already. Then the eager beaver said "but 因为她很小只“。wah lao, what's wrong with her man. she seriously has never seen a petite pregnant woman before? Must all pregnant woman be super fat and huge frame to match their bump? must she keep saying that my tummy is so huge each time i see her? so annoying! I'm going to think of a really classic sarcastic reply to retort her the next time she says it again, which i am sure she will. any suggestions?

SN, yalor. anyway i also clean my room once a week when i am doing it myself, no issue to me. only thing is, sometimes will be lazy to bring the folded and ironed clothes into my room but it still beats me doing chores for entire house. and i have more peace of mind that anything else the maid wants to take is non valuable kind. :)

Fuzzybear, so happy u still remember me. yah busy w works and once im in SMH, I will chat non stop. so i try not to log in or else i cant finish my works. hahaha. my by on and off still cry. esp today cried till vomit twice in sch till teacher chased him back home. teacher doesnt like children vomit cos need to clean up. v mafan. going to bugis market this sat to shop for confinement herb. i went there for my #1. was told cheaper than fu hua.

Just went to a meeting with my eager beaver colleague. Once again, she said, "你的肚子很大了, 很恐怖“! wah lao, i really wanna slap her face. what's so scary?!
So i asked, "you never had any friends who are pregnant issit?" and then she stummered and I didn't hear her reply. After the meeting, a colleague asked when I'm gg to deliver and this eager beaver colleague went to say again "她的肚子很大,我每次站在她的旁边都觉得很恐怖“. then my boss went on to say that actually this is considered very normal already. Then the eager beaver said "but 因为她很小只“。wah lao, what's wrong with her man. she seriously has never seen a petite pregnant woman before? Must all pregnant woman be super fat and huge frame to match their bump? must she keep saying that my tummy is so huge each time i see her? so annoying! I'm going to think of a really classic sarcastic reply to retort her the next time she says it again, which i am sure she will. any suggestions?
OMG, this eager beaver is siao or what!? Is she from the 'central kingdom'? I read like also feel like slapping her left and right!!!
Tell her, (buay than version to shut her up)) 你的嘴比我的肚子更大,更恐怖!or a more subtle/cultured version, to make her dumbfounded>> 你的言语更恐怖,肚子不长,宝宝装那儿??
Wat an airhead!

Hi hi, checking in for a while. Has been busy with the handover process. Too much to handover sia.

*Phew!* we're really near to our D-day!! Am still worry about my bb not turning though. Hiaz... also having pain at the Y area while shifting my legs to get up from bed....

LittlePrince, I have CCTV at home too in maid's room. My ex-maid initially was ok but at some point she suddenly told me that she felt weird with the CCTV. Later found out that she had something up her sleeve. I caught her stealing in the recording & she's like holding something in her hand, walking very strange in her room & put the thing into her cupboard. I was so furious and turned her cupboard upside down the very night and sent her back the next morning to her home country. Pls be extra cautious now since she had expressed her uneasiness with the CCTV. 所谓:不做亏心事,不怕鬼敲门。

snake_bb, woah.... we're at the stage to buy herbs already! make me kancheong manz! My hospital bag is still not complete! Am trying to get some nursing wear from taobao this week. Hope it arrives on time :D

Fuzzybear, i'm going for litigation too. Just hope that my bb has turn down and I can proceed with natural birth + litigation to cut down the delivery cost. Can't imagine the big bomb (cost of $13k) of delivering a bb... really ex! o_Oo_O

Have a good week ahead all big bump mummies!

Gelobean, I hope bb will become bigger the next visit too. By the next visit I will be 34 weeks le. Hope to deliver him when he is above 3kg.

Kayliz, thank u for sharing! That's very consoling!

Mumagain, me too! My pain seems to be more on the adjoining part of left leg to the pelvis area, near the pubic area.

Hi Mummies

Need help here.

Suddenly i have red spots on my tummy after dinner. It does not itch. I google & check with friends, all said normal however most of them mentioned it itch.

Its appears mainly on one side (right) of my tummy.
I suspect it is heat rash or allergy. Or could it PUPP? Thought PUPP suppose to itch?!

Anyone experience it? Thanks

Updates from yesterday growth scan, bb is 1.9 kg & head down at 31 wk 4 day. prof say is good size as he expect 1.8kg.
Otherwise, placenta still low, almost covering OS, so need another scan at 35 week to confirm C-sec or normal. He say still has chance to move up.
I still need to monitor post meal sugar level 2x per week.
We are so happy to c bb yesterday in scan room.........................

Littleprince/fuzzybear, i got bring water bottle & biscuits cos i get hungry easily. But i cant bring out my biscuit in e middle of discussion munching or drinking right. Summore is i brought myself de. If they serve us water, at least i stil can drink in front of them. Is more better den taking my own bottle to drink.

SN, we did request for water cos we bth liao! So thirsty! Ended up, tt client replied, okay, i bring u go. We happily left e meeting room without bringing anything and follow him. Who noes he brought us to vending machine!!!!! :eek:

We nv bring $$ how to get the water. FAINT. So we tahan until e whole meeting ended.

Val, i already can feel my oxygen level went down during e meeting. I kept taking deep breathe.

Today im gg down after lunch. I better eat more during lunch & store lotsa of water in my body 1st. Sighz!

SN, ur tt coll really CMI. Maybe can put a fake smile while replying her .. "u nv see bigger tummy preg lady before issit? have u been staying at mountain all along?" Actually this type of pple, i will save my breath talkin to them.. so irritating pple. E more i talk e more angry i am. So i will chose to avoid them! I wan a happy baby!

fuzzybear, so ex! 13k?!! After deducting medisave?

littleprince, good that u got a good maid. Ya better install e cctv n ignore her comments. U r e master. So she better guai guai. U nv noe what she will up to e next time. Never be nice/lenient to maid i feel.. But my hubby thinks differently, he will say treat them good den they will b good to us. I seriously doubt so!

Gd morning..

Snake_bb, sounds like ur boy is slowly getting used to sch. give him a bit more time. come in and chat once in awhile lah. :)

Bless mum, has ur co decided on your retrenchment pkg? how's that going along? really admire u for being so chirpy. if i were u, i won't bother to do handover. :p I think you mean u wanna do ligation? litigation means something else completely. hahaha.. u can't do ligation simultaneously if u are delivering naturally. have to wait abt 6 mths later. Yes it is very ex but i think its just my gynae and his costs. what to do lor, he is such a nice doc so just pay for his service. :S

2013san, it could be the starting of stretchmarks or just heat rash like u say. unlikely to be allergies or PUPPS. anyway nothing to worry abt.

Bluenosebear, 1.9kg is a gd weight!

Pinky, i think preggie women have some privileges. i would just drink my own water cos my bb is more impt than my job. haha.. 13K is before Medisave deduction. after deduction should be abt 9K.

Gd morning..

Snake_bb, sounds like ur boy is slowly getting used to sch. give him a bit more time. come in and chat once in awhile lah. :)

Bless mum, has ur co decided on your retrenchment pkg? how's that going along? really admire u for being so chirpy. if i were u, i won't bother to do handover. :p I think you mean u wanna do ligation? litigation means something else completely. hahaha.. u can't do ligation simultaneously if u are delivering naturally. have to wait abt 6 mths later. Yes it is very ex but i think its just my gynae and his costs. what to do lor, he is such a nice doc so just pay for his service. :S

2013san, it could be the starting of stretchmarks or just heat rash like u say. unlikely to be allergies or PUPPS. anyway nothing to worry abt.

Bluenosebear, 1.9kg is a gd weight!

Pinky, i think preggie women have some privileges. i would just drink my own water cos my bb is more impt than my job. haha.. 13K is before Medisave deduction. after deduction should be abt 9K.
Morning,

Fuzzybear, 13k is for single or double room? I was toying with the idea of ligation during c sect too but my gynaecologist strongly discourage leh... Like what ur doc said, she had experienced many women who regretted due to reasons like unforeseen happenings to their children etc...I should think she meant that some kids were sick or didn't make it growing up... As for me, I was just worried that it might hurt more and read about some negative feed backs online.

Bluenosebear,

Good weight for ur baby! So far the blood sugar is in good control ya?

Mommies, how different do u feel when the baby gets engaged? And how different is the feel around the pelvic bones?

Morning,

Fuzzybear, 13k is for single or double room? I was toying with the idea of ligation during c sect too but my gynaecologist strongly discourage leh... Like what ur doc said, she had experienced many women who regretted due to reasons like unforeseen happenings to their children etc...I should think she meant that some kids were sick or didn't make it growing up... As for me, I was just worried that it might hurt more and read about some negative feed backs online.

Mommies, how different do u feel when the baby gets engaged? And how different is the feel around the pelvic bones?
Fleefly, for me i m pretty sure (99.9% sure) i don't want anymore kids. My 2 older kids are healthy and to ensure that i have no regrets my gynae will be arranging for the PD to be in the operating theatre to check on my #3 before he asks me one last time if i wanna cut. If the baby has any issue, he will advise me not to do it. I bled for all 3 of my pregnancies and seriously to have more kids and worry during the pregnancy is not worth it when i already have 3 beautiful kids.

13K is for 2 bedder! i m not the type that will spend on 1 bedder for a 4D3N stay. :p

When ur bb engages, u feel more pressure at ur pelvis and ur ribs area will lighten, that is u don't feel baby pressing very highly near ur ribs. Usually bb will be engaged at abt 36 wks onwards. turning heads down doesn't mean bb is engaged. Engaged means bb's head crosses an imaginary line in ur pelvis.

mumagain, you play back whole day's recording to check what maid does at home ah?

pinky, nothing wrong with drinking water from your bottle leh. its not like rude or what ma and anyway you are preggie so nothing wrong to quench your thirst too. don't think anyone will mind? haiz, i also dunno yet if i got a good maid, she is not hardworking type i would say. i observed she was idling around for some parts of yesterday (i am ok if she has finished her work and needs to rest) but she didn't clean the gate and door (its quite dusty and i mentioned to her yesterday morning) and stove was not cleaned after she cooked curry on Sun night. I saw it yesterday morning and told her but when i checked last night, the stove was still dirty (can be seen dirty kind). so i told her she can remove the stove parts to wash and took them out to get her to wash. i am wondering if she really didn't know stove parts can be dismantled to wash or didn't bother to do it. (worked 12 years in SG, strange that she doesn't know how to wash stove? even my ex-Myanmar maid could dismantle the hood filters out to wash lor ...

then, i woke up late this morning and she prepared breakfast for us already. but she didn't heat up hb's honey drink in thermal flask and she spread something tt hb didn't like in his bread so hb didn't have a good breakfast to start his day. haiz, i think i wld prefer to make hb and our own breakfast instead ... especially hb's one else so sian right when he end up not eating his breakfast coz its not prepared well. i also feel bad for him.

morning mommies,

fleefly, my eager beaver colleague is a Singaporean but she married a hb from the central kingdom. Is that the reason for her super no EQ behaviour? super roll eyes right. wah lao.

pinky, i cannot avoid her cos she is in the same team as me and she will be covering my work when i go on maternity leave!!!!! super don't feel like teaching her! irritating to the max.

My hb said i should just ask her point blank, what is so scary?

mumagain, you play back whole day's recording to check what maid does at home ah?

pinky, nothing wrong with drinking water from your bottle leh. its not like rude or what ma and anyway you are preggie so nothing wrong to quench your thirst too. don't think anyone will mind? haiz, i also dunno yet if i got a good maid, she is not hardworking type i would say. i observed she was idling around for some parts of yesterday (i am ok if she has finished her work and needs to rest) but she didn't clean the gate and door (its quite dusty and i mentioned to her yesterday morning) and stove was not cleaned after she cooked curry on Sun night. I saw it yesterday morning and told her but when i checked last night, the stove was still dirty (can be seen dirty kind). so i told her she can remove the stove parts to wash and took them out to get her to wash. i am wondering if she really didn't know stove parts can be dismantled to wash or didn't bother to do it. (worked 12 years in SG, strange that she doesn't know how to wash stove? even my ex-Myanmar maid could dismantle the hood filters out to wash lor ...

then, i woke up late this morning and she prepared breakfast for us already. but she didn't heat up hb's honey drink in thermal flask and she spread something tt hb didn't like in his bread so hb didn't have a good breakfast to start his day. haiz, i think i wld prefer to make hb and our own breakfast instead ... especially hb's one else so sian right when he end up not eating his breakfast coz its not prepared well. i also feel bad for him.
littleprince,
After my Filipino helper finishes her 2 years contract, then I realized she didn't know she have to 松饭 (to make the rice loose) so that the rice doesn't have 锅巴(the bottom harden) , we seldom cook rice in the past 2 years, so I didn't really know, until recently when we started to cook more rice, was wondering why some part of the rice is so hard(will keep in fridge if we cannot finish),she also didn't taste the vegetables when she's cooking them, and all turned out too salty to swallow!

Littleprince/fuzzybear, i got bring water bottle & biscuits cos i get hungry easily. But i cant bring out my biscuit in e middle of discussion munching or drinking right. Summore is i brought myself de. If they serve us water, at least i stil can drink in front of them. Is more better den taking my own bottle to drink.

SN, we did request for water cos we bth liao! So thirsty! Ended up, tt client replied, okay, i bring u go. We happily left e meeting room without bringing anything and follow him. Who noes he brought us to vending machine!!!!! :eek:

We nv bring $$ how to get the water. FAINT. So we tahan until e whole meeting ended.

Val, i already can feel my oxygen level went down during e meeting. I kept taking deep breathe.

Today im gg down after lunch. I better eat more during lunch & store lotsa of water in my body 1st. Sighz!

SN, ur tt coll really CMI. Maybe can put a fake smile while replying her .. "u nv see bigger tummy preg lady before issit? have u been staying at mountain all along?" Actually this type of pple, i will save my breath talkin to them.. so irritating pple. E more i talk e more angry i am. So i will chose to avoid them! I wan a happy baby!

fuzzybear, so ex! 13k?!! After deducting medisave?

littleprince, good that u got a good maid. Ya better install e cctv n ignore her comments. U r e master. So she better guai guai. U nv noe what she will up to e next time. Never be nice/lenient to maid i feel.. But my hubby thinks differently, he will say treat them good den they will b good to us. I seriously doubt so!
Pinkyloving,

I think it is perfectly fine to drink water when you are in need of it, maybe you can ask something like, do you mind if I drink some water, or make a joke out of it, think of something which will make the situation seem natural, or when your colleague is talking, just take out your water and drink some.

Fleefly, for me i m pretty sure (99.9% sure) i don't want anymore kids. My 2 older kids are healthy and to ensure that i have no regrets my gynae will be arranging for the PD to be in the operating theatre to check on my #3 before he asks me one last time if i wanna cut. If the baby has any issue, he will advise me not to do it. I bled for all 3 of my pregnancies and seriously to have more kids and worry during the pregnancy is not worth it when i already have 3 beautiful kids.

13K is for 2 bedder! i m not the type that will spend on 1 bedder for a 4D3N stay. :p

When ur bb engages, u feel more pressure at ur pelvis and ur ribs area will lighten, that is u don't feel baby pressing very highly near ur ribs. Usually bb will be engaged at abt 36 wks onwards. turning heads down doesn't mean bb is engaged. Engaged means bb's head crosses an imaginary line in ur pelvis.
Am I right to say that you'll feel more urge to pee after bb engages? My num 1 & current one are both transverse around this period and I already need to pee all the time..

Fuzzybear,
13k for two bedded is like a lot leh! May I just ask which PD do u engage? I had YY Yip for num 1 but I really don't want to engage him again this time. Need some suggestions from mommies who had stayed at Gleaneagles before..

morning! mummychua reporting. i busy looking at property website :D but everytime i looked at the prices my heart jump. when did the price went up so high. cant imagine having such a huge bank loan. i probably have to shelve my 'tai tai' plan for the next 10yrs. i finally started washing bb clothes. another 9wks to go but i feel so unprepared. i still go alot of things to buy. hopefully i can get everything from the expo sale.

fuzzybear, your gynae super x. i think my charge 40% lesser than urs for scheduled c-sec. my heart skip a beat when i see you hospital price tag and that is just a estimated cost right. its probably going to come up higher after adding all the consumables cost, pd cost, etc...

littleprince, hope that this maid will work out for u. otherwise charging maid after having bb can be quite tough on u.

fleefly, bb wont engage so soon. engage means bb in position for labour. once bb engage, u will feel a pressure on pelvic region. it can get more difficult to walk too. i think that's abt time alot of pregnant woman starts to waddle. but somehow i do feel that im carrying this bb lower than my #1. less pressure on my rib.

SN, ur irritating colleague is 40 and not married rite. next time if she will to make any nasty comment on ur bump, u just reply: "u will understand if u get a chance to be pregnant." :p

Fuzzybear,
Which hospital is that? That's pretty expensive! I opted for a double room in Geneagles too as hubby doesn't want to stay overnight in the hospital. So there is no point opting for a single room. Just the room itself is $1k difference.

Mush,
That's fast cos' all our bb stuff are still stashed in the bb room in a pile. Cabinets are not bought and so nothing is packed and washed yet. So you are still not too late! I have only 8 weeks to go!

For me, I am not getting a domestic helper. I used to have one domestic helper (with an employer) who helped me with some part time cleaning. However, she got lazy and lazy as time went by and in the end everything as slip shoddily done. Therefore, I terminated her service.

Now we are considering infant-care centres or nannies after my maternity leave. However, we have heard horror stories of both, so still contemplating.

morning mummies!
totorodino> your colleague is extremely annoying! does she have any other topics to talk abt other than exclaiming that your stomach is huge? u r going to deliver soon, of coz it has to be huge right?! crazy woman she is..just ask her what's so scary lor? and if she feels v 'scared' standing beside u, ask her to stay away from you..the further the better...den u won't be so irked oso..
snake_bb> i heard Hong Kong Street sells v cheap herbs too..perhaps u can check it out..u seem v well prepared! i haven't even got down to washing the bb's clothes and packing my hospital bag! haha..
gwengan> thx! may we all have smooth deliveries!! :)
2013san> suggest u go and see ur gynae..we are v near delivery le..better not risk it..jiayou!
bluenosebear> hope that your placenta will move up! stay positive! :)
pinkyloving> r u in a meeting with ur colleague? perhaps u can get ur colleague to hint ur client that u guys need water?
fuzzybear> woah! 13k is ex! r u delivering in mt e or gleneagles?

bluenosebear,
My doc also mentioned that my placenta is low during the 5th or 6th month visit. She told me it will move up as time goes by due to the growing baby. The last time she saw me, she told me it went up, but still a bit more to go. So don't get too worried first. Now the problem for me is that the bb is in a breech position. So I am praying hard that he will move move move! Trying to "psycho" him everyday. I hope that I could deliver natually without epidural. Hope his position will not ruin my birth plans! :p

Good morning mummies...

Oh ya Actuallly Neogarden not bad huh... still prepare mooncake for their tingkat clients. :)

min81, it's those tealight candle with 3 course dinner served. not too bad I would say and I think it's still on going.
Usually no one mentioned abt the dinner until the day you delivered and they will inform that dinner will be served later for both hub and me.

blessed mum, since they retrenched you, just do simple handover lah... the next person dunno also not your prob.

littleprince, guess this helper no initiative yet... usually first 2 weeks at the very least they will be eager to prove they can do it.

2013san, guess it's nothing serious... I have those red dots too... guess it's like stretching or the weather too warm...
after a few days it will go.

SN, just shoot back in a nice and sarcastic way... Oh EB, you should try to conceive and then you will understand mine is big or small...
You have no experience thus dunno what is big/huge tummy....

pink loving, just put your water bottle on the table... think they will understand... your client office damn lousy... dun even have water dispenser leh...

Morning mummies

Pinklovingly: I think you just tell them in advance that you might need a empty glass cos you need to drink water n use your own water bottle to pour water? Some clients really not very sensitive to such things. Cos they dun feel it themselves so they wun think of others. But I believe just tell them in advance should be fine.

Mummies can I know how to reduce protein intake? During my previous checkup there was some discharge in my ur**e and doc say my sugar level okay but protein slightly higher. Ask me to take note so I guess I need to reduce my protein intake? But I duno wat cause that... I only remember I had durian but that's sugar right?

morn mommies
time flies and we are all near our popping dates :) just went for recent 32weeks scan and baby is now 2kg. doc mentions its a biggish baby so I m now trying to eat lesser. but keep feeling like in constant starvation mode :( I will have to go for a glucose test but for mommies whom went for the test @ TMC - just as a matter of curiousity - what sort of test results is a PASS when testing urine 1 hour after glucose orange drink and, after 2 hours? I thought if I knew then I prob can know if pass or not on the spot instead of wait for them to tell me ..

morn mommies
time flies and we are all near our popping dates :) just went for recent 32weeks scan and baby is now 2kg. doc mentions its a biggish baby so I m now trying to eat lesser. but keep feeling like in constant starvation mode :( I will have to go for a glucose test but for mommies whom went for the test @ TMC - just as a matter of curiousity - what sort of test results is a PASS when testing urine 1 hour after glucose orange drink and, after 2 hours? I thought if I knew then I prob can know if pass or not on the spot instead of wait for them to tell me ..

i did the glucose test at TMC.. fast the whole night and take the first prick in the morning.. results must not exceed 5.5.. after you drink the glucose orange drink..about 1-2 hours later they will ask you come back to test... this one shld not exceed 7.7.. :)

Re: hospital cost
Here's my estimated bill to deliver #3 at Gleneagles Hospital, in a 2 bedder ward
- c-sec cost - 5K
- Ligation cost - 2K
- Anesthetist - 1K
- PD - $500-600
- Hospital stay - $3377.33
- Gynae's attendance fee for 4 days - $1.2K

Crazy hor.. but if i don't do ligation now, i have to foot 6K to do it 6 mths later.

Fleefly, i followed Winkle's recommendation and chose Dr Gong Wei Kin. YY Yip checked my #2 and missed quite a few things, hence i wanna change!

Little Prince, so fast ur maid show pattern already? my mom took a few days off to teach her how to do housework. so far she is able to meet my mom's standards. The maid also kept asking us to teach her and correct her if she does something wrong. I still do notice that she can't seem to understand us very well. like this am she mixed up my #1's breakfast and lunch so #1 was eating a huge portion for breakfast when that was meant for his lunch. i guess we both need time to get use to each other.

Mummychua, i know it is very painful to buy house now but i thought the COV values are dropping? when are u targeting to move? able to wait till mid next year?

Am I right to say that you'll feel more urge to pee after bb engages? My num 1 & current one are both transverse around this period and I already need to pee all the time..

Fuzzybear,
13k for two bedded is like a lot leh! May I just ask which PD do u engage? I had YY Yip for num 1 but I really don't want to engage him again this time. Need some suggestions from mommies who had stayed at Gleaneagles before..

My #1's PD is YYYip. I will still continue to use him for #2. Think so far our experience with him was ok.

morning! mummychua reporting. i busy looking at property website :D but everytime i looked at the prices my heart jump. when did the price went up so high. cant imagine having such a huge bank loan. i probably have to shelve my 'tai tai' plan for the next 10yrs. i finally started washing bb clothes. another 9wks to go but i feel so unprepared. i still go alot of things to buy. hopefully i can get everything from the expo sale.

fuzzybear, your gynae super x. i think my charge 40% lesser than urs for scheduled c-sec. my heart skip a beat when i see you hospital price tag and that is just a estimated cost right. its probably going to come up higher after adding all the consumables cost, pd cost, etc...

littleprince, hope that this maid will work out for u. otherwise charging maid after having bb can be quite tough on u.

fleefly, bb wont engage so soon. engage means bb in position for labour. once bb engage, u will feel a pressure on pelvic region. it can get more difficult to walk too. i think that's abt time alot of pregnant woman starts to waddle. but somehow i do feel that im carrying this bb lower than my #1. less pressure on my rib.

SN, ur irritating colleague is 40 and not married rite. next time if she will to make any nasty comment on ur bump, u just reply: "u will understand if u get a chance to be pregnant." :p

hehehe, we got too many irritating colleagues in this forum. no no, the 40 years old one is gelobean's and Kayliz's colleague. Mine is 31 this year, married with no kids. the one that likes to make comments about child upbringing like she is an expert and who listens to everybody's conversation. Just this morning i was talking to my boss about milk powder and then she just interrupted us with her comments and i just ignored her!

morning mummies!
totorodino> your colleague is extremely annoying! does she have any other topics to talk abt other than exclaiming that your stomach is huge? u r going to deliver soon, of coz it has to be huge right?! crazy woman she is..just ask her what's so scary lor? and if she feels v 'scared' standing beside u, ask her to stay away from you..the further the better...den u won't be so irked oso..
snake_bb> i heard Hong Kong Street sells v cheap herbs too..perhaps u can check it out..u seem v well prepared! i haven't even got down to washing the bb's clothes and packing my hospital bag! haha..
gwengan> thx! may we all have smooth deliveries!! :)
2013san> suggest u go and see ur gynae..we are v near delivery le..better not risk it..jiayou!
bluenosebear> hope that your placenta will move up! stay positive! :)
pinkyloving> r u in a meeting with ur colleague? perhaps u can get ur colleague to hint ur client that u guys need water?
fuzzybear> woah! 13k is ex! r u delivering in mt e or gleneagles?

yea! precisely loh. going to give birth liao of course big lar. you expect the tummy to be the same size or smaller meh. stoopid.

Good morning mummies...

Oh ya Actuallly Neogarden not bad huh... still prepare mooncake for their tingkat clients. :)

min81, it's those tealight candle with 3 course dinner served. not too bad I would say and I think it's still on going.
Usually no one mentioned abt the dinner until the day you delivered and they will inform that dinner will be served later for both hub and me.

blessed mum, since they retrenched you, just do simple handover lah... the next person dunno also not your prob.

littleprince, guess this helper no initiative yet... usually first 2 weeks at the very least they will be eager to prove they can do it.

2013san, guess it's nothing serious... I have those red dots too... guess it's like stretching or the weather too warm...
after a few days it will go.

SN, just shoot back in a nice and sarcastic way... Oh EB, you should try to conceive and then you will understand mine is big or small...
You have no experience thus dunno what is big/huge tummy....

pink loving, just put your water bottle on the table... think they will understand... your client office damn lousy... dun even have water dispenser leh...

hahaha, good one. I shall tell her that! But I know what she is gg to say, she will say "no no no, I'm not gg to have kids, not yet!" that's the answer she always gives when pple ask when she intends to have kids!

Twinnie, the 7.7 result is for after 1 hour testing or 2 hour testing? thanks by the way :)
2 hours, dont think they do 1 hour testing though..i took the first test at abt 8.30.. after that drank the orange drink about 8.35.. 10.30 they pricked again..if you pass that then no need see gynae

totorodino> for the past few weeks/ months, my annoying colleague will comment on my dressing almost everyday. just ytd morning, she commented that i finally wore something comfy and loose even before putting down her bag and laptop despite the fact that she came in late for work. den she asked me to stand up and turn around and show her my tummy and gave an approving look.

seriously! even my parents and in-laws oso dun comment on my dressing. and i have been wearing real loose clothings lor! den she kept nagging me to go and buy brandy coz my other colleague is giving birth oso and she stocked up 5 bottles of brandy. i kept telling her tt i need to check with my confinement nanny coz she may not use so much..den she kept demanding tt it is a must..i really can't wait for my block leave man..

SN, if she really said that, shoot her again: Dun keep saying No No... else when you really hope to be a mum, hard to come true... so dun start cursing yourself...
think she will probably keep her mouth shut...
try to scare her by saying that you used to hear many ppl say nono etc, then tried damn long also hard to conceive... then add in last word... not all so lucky... hahahahha

Re: hospital cost
Here's my estimated bill to deliver #3 at Gleneagles Hospital, in a 2 bedder ward
- c-sec cost - 5K
- Ligation cost - 2K
- Anesthetist - 1K
- PD - $500-600
- Hospital stay - $3377.33
- Gynae's attendance fee for 4 days - $1.2K

Crazy hor.. but if i don't do ligation now, i have to foot 6K to do it 6 mths later.

Fleefly, i followed Winkle's recommendation and chose Dr Gong Wei Kin. YY Yip checked my #2 and missed quite a few things, hence i wanna change!

Little Prince, so fast ur maid show pattern already? my mom took a few days off to teach her how to do housework. so far she is able to meet my mom's standards. The maid also kept asking us to teach her and correct her if she does something wrong. I still do notice that she can't seem to understand us very well. like this am she mixed up my #1's breakfast and lunch so #1 was eating a huge portion for breakfast when that was meant for his lunch. i guess we both need time to get use to each other.

Mummychua, i know it is very painful to buy house now but i thought the COV values are dropping? when are u targeting to move? able to wait till mid next year?

YY Yip gave me the same statement every morning n I can still recall..."Good morning, Mdm Lee, your baby is very fine, nothing to worry, everything is good." That being repeated for three days and upon discharge, we were then told that bb had jaundice, cannot go home! And when we went back for review, he repeated the same standard sentence. I wanna change too.

The hospital costs breakdown looks ok.. Gosh, then I'd better go do my sums too...

Can I also ask, has any mommy got their newborn boy circumcised soon after birth? Can share?
Thanks!

SN, ya lor we got too many irritating colleagues here. im all confused. next time she say she dont want kids, tell her dont wait too long, 31yr old not young liao. wait too later wait also dont have.

fuzzybear, actually i didnt have any dateline for the move. will only buy if there's good value property. actually its a bit of zero sum for me now coz im selling and buying at the same time. if i didnt manage to get anything then poor bb will have to do marathon drive trip like his sister, cry all the way from Jurong to Kovan. yeah.

I got pricked 3 times for my glucose test! First, then one hour later another one, then one hour later 3rd. "Missy" still asked me if I want all 3 pricks to be on the same arm or different arms. :eek:

SN, ya lor we got too many irritating colleagues here. im all confused. next time she say she dont want kids, tell her dont wait too long, 31yr old not young liao. wait too later wait also dont have.

fuzzybear, actually i didnt have any dateline for the move. will only buy if there's good value property. actually its a bit of zero sum for me now coz im selling and buying at the same time. if i didnt manage to get anything then poor bb will have to do marathon drive trip like his sister, cry all the way from Jurong to Kovan. yeah.
Wow that's a long drive!

totorodino> for the past few weeks/ months, my annoying colleague will comment on my dressing almost everyday. just ytd morning, she commented that i finally wore something comfy and loose even before putting down her bag and laptop despite the fact that she came in late for work. den she asked me to stand up and turn around and show her my tummy and gave an approving look.

seriously! even my parents and in-laws oso dun comment on my dressing. and i have been wearing real loose clothings lor! den she kept nagging me to go and buy brandy coz my other colleague is giving birth oso and she stocked up 5 bottles of brandy. i kept telling her tt i need to check with my confinement nanny coz she may not use so much..den she kept demanding tt it is a must..i really can't wait for my block leave man..
Hee girl, you are very kind. I think I am quite sarcastic to such people sometimes. Maybe in my job, I am used to being sarcastic. ;) Therefore, other than experienced mothers, I don't really get much advice from such "act smart" people. It can be stressful and exasperating at times! o_O

Thanks twinnie & gwenngan .. Seems like there is some small variation. But overall after 2 hours the test result should be below what level to pass?

wah, you actually stood up and turned around for her to see? I don't think i will comply. haha.

febie, mummychua, sounds like this is a good suggestion. haha, will first tell her that she should try to conceive first and she will understand what is considered big or small tummy and when she says she is not ready for kids, will tell her 31 yrs old not young anymore. not everyone will strike at the first try. hehe.

wah, you actually stood up and turned around for her to see? I don't think i will comply. haha.

febie, mummychua, sounds like this is a good suggestion. haha, will first tell her that she should try to conceive first and she will understand what is considered big or small tummy and when she says she is not ready for kids, will tell her 31 yrs old not young anymore. not everyone will strike at the first try. hehe.
Haha I like your reply! Very sarcastic! :p

YY Yip gave me the same statement every morning n I can still recall..."Good morning, Mdm Lee, your baby is very fine, nothing to worry, everything is good." That being repeated for three days and upon discharge, we were then told that bb had jaundice, cannot go home! And when we went back for review, he repeated the same standard sentence. I wanna change too.

The hospital costs breakdown looks ok.. Gosh, then I'd better go do my sums too...

Can I also ask, has any mommy got their newborn boy circumcised soon after birth? Can share?
Thanks!

Sounds like YY Yip not very consistent? during #1's time, he did highlight to us the jaundice issue and also some additional tests we had to do (not sure what's the reason already).

Haha I like your reply! Very sarcastic! :p

haha, your profile pic very funny. was it you or someone else who said you have an ache at the left side in between your legs, that's the exact same spot as mine. I have trouble turning in bed cos of this ache. wonder why the right side doesnt ache.

mummychua, your mil comes to your house daily now? what's gg to change with #2's arrival? Why only now then need to shift house?

totorodino and gwengan> yea, i really stood up to turn ard and show her..can't believe i actually did it..sometimes i feel like telling her off, but i was tot i shud just bear with it since my block leave is coming..but i tink i may not hold it for long..lol..

gwengan> so did u get pricked on the same arm? sounds painful!!!

mush> tink u can consider buying real soon, coz interest rate is going up pretty soon..and sadly, ppty prices are not coming down..:(

Back