(2013/11) November 2013

My MIL mentioned about the rice wine, but I dunno why the smell of wine in food makes me nauseous. Dun want to upset her but I hope not every meal will be like that.

Hm.. so your MIL will get it for you? it seems like my mum is going to put the rice wine in most of the meals.. she even wan me to drink it!! faintz..:confused: lucky i like wine with chicken.. but most prob i will tell her that cannot drink too much.. cos i bf.. wait bb drunk.. haha :p

Hm.. so your MIL will get it for you? it seems like my mum is going to put the rice wine in most of the meals.. she even wan me to drink it!! faintz..:confused: lucky i like wine with chicken.. but most prob i will tell her that cannot drink too much.. cos i bf.. wait bb drunk.. haha :p
Yup my MIL will get it for me, one of the shops from waterloo street. To drink the wine is really :eek: ren for one month and i can have normal meals.

Patyeo, fleet edema is NOT a med.. its just saline! i think u are drinking waay too little.. 2-3L is the recommended amt.. feeling full is ok mah.. don't immediately up ur water intake to 3L a day.. do it slowly, like increase half a cup in the morning, then another half in the afternoon and half a cup in the evening.

Febie, i already walk very slowly liao.. haha any slower and i might as well dun move at all. wahahahaha.. actually u will nv feel the milk coming in if u don't stimulate ur boobs.. i rem waking from my c-sec (fell aslp cos it was sooo boring lying there getting stitched up) and immed asking to latch my #2.. with my #1 i latched immed.. :)

Re: rooming with bb
I love the idea! am i the only crazy mom here? i love to be in control hahahahaha.. as for resting, like i said, sooner or later u have to deal with the baby.. so really no difference to me. Anyway since NUH is now accredited, they might want u to room with baby.. i understand TMC and Mt A are working to get the accreditation too so rooming in will be more often in the future.

Xuan, i am torn btw Chilli Padi, New Baby and Natal Essence.. Chilli Padi is my first choice but it is the most ex.. was thinking of catering lunch and dinner so that my mom dun have to cook my dinner (and i dun have to hear her grumble).

Winkle, i won't put everything on a difficult baby that causes a new mom to be unable to cope. i think it's both ways.. if u as a mom is mentally strong, stable and calm, ur bb will be easy to look after because they feel more secure. if u a bit a bit panic and cry, ur baby won't feel secure at all.. i think sooner or later, whether bb is easy or not, u have to take care of ur own kid. always rem u chose to have the baby and u are ultimately responsible for his/her well being, health, growth, education, morals etc.. if u keep telling urself it isn't possible to handle alone, then yes, u are unlikely because in ur mind, u have already closed the possibility that things will work out fine.. Motherhood is a journey and we never stop learning.. it's how ur attitude to learning and how u cope with changes that really matters.

Re: rice wine
Are u all referring to the fermented rice wine made from red yeast or ang zhao? i order from my fren's mom.. she does very gd ang zhao.

Mummychua, my mom will buy my herbs from the wholesaler at Hong Kong St.. she knows them so can get it a cheaper price. need to get red dates, longans and those bathing herbs.. there are other herbs lah but i nv bother to drink.. so yucky.. she will boil and i will pour half or all of it down the sink. hahaha.. my mom said because i nv did a proper confinement for #2 that's why i had so much prob with this baby. hear already make me piss.. in fact this time she told my dad to tell me (cos she dun dare to tell me herself) to send my 2 sons to stay at her place for 28 days, get a CL to take care of the bb and do a proper confinement.. i flipped when she told me that.. so did my hb.

Morning mummies!!

Anyone getting rice wine for confinement??
I ordered 2 bottles of red yeast wine from an auntie whom my line dancing teacher knows, she ever gave us the red yeast which taste great to cook with chicken & black fungus, and mee sua. Her price is considered quite ex, its $18/bottle, but she will give me the residue.

Fuzzybear: rooming in with babies also need to be accredited? ohhh... i thought it's up to mummies..

Xuan: i planning to try the confinement food u mentioned! trial first!

I drink on average 6 cups of water a day. 3 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon and 1 in the evening. But I think mine is only 200ml instead of the usual 250ml. I feel full when drinking too much water.
Personally I feel 1200ml of water / day is too little, if you are able to increase your water intake to at least 2000ml /day, I think it will help greatly with your constipation problem!

Re: rice wine
Are u all referring to the fermented rice wine made from red yeast or ang zhao? i order from my fren's mom.. she does very gd ang zhao.[/quote]

Hi Fuzzybear!

yup im referring to the fermented rice wine. But red yeast and ang zhao different??o_O is your fren's mom selling the rice wine she made? can have her contact?

3xmum, I know their stomach small but I really too tired after pushing etc...
but I tell myself no 2 I better start immediately when they ask me latch hahaha...
stimulate supply too...

fuzzybear, hahahha I still run at times and dun behave like a preggy woman too...
The pain for me come and go... sometimes #1 still insist I carry, super bth...
and just today one of my colleagues asked if i'm preggy... hahaha
guess today's dress gave my tummy again...

I ordered 2 bottles of red yeast wine from an auntie whom my line dancing teacher knows, she ever gave us the red yeast which taste great to cook with chicken & black fungus, and mee sua. Her price is considered quite ex, its $18/bottle, but she will give me the residue.

Hi third3timemum!

Can i also have her contact? :)

GAVISCON!!! tks sheepdream! i'm going to get it during lunch!
ytd was tough. tried the approach of eating small portions in higher frequency. but it didn't work out... i was still hungry. so much so that i had gastric pain. then this morning, i woke up starving... it was horrible. felt so guilty not feeding baby properly.

plush84, alamak!! we really have v similar symptoms!! i also get emo easily... hubby doesn't know how to massage me even after attending prenatal class, so i hv alr given up asking him to do it. i'm 27 weeks tomorrow. :)

Djbaby, red yeast is used to ferment the rice.. the residue is called ang zhao.. during fermentation, the wine is formed. i can ask my fren if she is comfy to share her mom's contact.

Winkle, haha no no.. as part of some accreditation standard, rooming in must be done or encouraged for a certain percentage of the moms. that is to keep their accreditation, a certain percentage of their moms have to room with their babies.. the nurses will keep encouraging u to room with ur bbs lor. anyway right now the aircon is too cold for the baby and they need to have a set up to change that.. not so easy to get moms to accept the change too so only NUH managed to get the accreditation. it was actually on Mind Your Body last thursday. wanted to tell u guys to read it but forgot.

Febie, dun run lah.. so scary! dun carry ur #1 too.. u might hurt urself!

fuzzybear i catered for lunch n dinner too. i told my mum that me n her can share the confinement food cos the portion was more than 1 person could finish. so save the trouble of gg market, cooking n washing up pots n pans.

i agree that since we are the 1 having the baby we shld bear the responsibility of taking care of the baby no matter how difficult baby may be or how tiring it gets for us. to me, it's a responsibility/ commitment, we just have to overcome it since the day we know we are gg to be parents. i feel that having a CL shld be bcos the CL has the experience to teach the mum how to take care of the baby, not let the CL fully take care of baby then after CL left the mum starts to panic n get stress. which is y i insist that i dun need a CL as long as my mum can take time from her work to teach me how to take care of baby. all along i emphasize on "teaching me how to take care of baby" not "help me take care of baby". but of cos if i were to end up with e csect then i will need more help since i need a longer time to recover.

winkle: ya quickly go try n confirm the booking if u like it, cos i dunno when their anni promo will end also. by the way let me know if u want my $50 voucher. i have a spare 1 from the previous motherhood expo, the person at the fair says can use on top of the early bird promo.

RE: fermented wine
wat is it for ah? compulsory for confinement? i'm not the traditional type so when it comes to confinement rules n herbs stuff, i dun intend to follow/ just follow minimal to make my mum happy. haha.. in fact all these time i prepare for baby's stuff but nv prepare any confinement stuffs (apart from the confinement food), dun even know where to get herbs to bathe, cos if my mum nv say i will pretend i dunno n just bathe with normal water n shower foam. lol... =P

fuzzybear i catered for lunch n dinner too. i told my mum that me n her can share the confinement food cos the portion was more than 1 person could finish. so save the trouble of gg market, cooking n washing up pots n pans.

i agree that since we are the 1 having the baby we shld bear the responsibility of taking care of the baby no matter how difficult baby may be or how tiring it gets for us. to me, it's a responsibility/ commitment, we just have to overcome it since the day we know we are gg to be parents. i feel that having a CL shld be bcos the CL has the experience to teach the mum how to take care of the baby, not let the CL fully take care of baby then after CL left the mum starts to panic n get stress. which is y i insist that i dun need a CL as long as my mum can take time from her work to teach me how to take care of baby. all along i emphasize on "teaching me how to take care of baby" not "help me take care of baby". but of cos if i were to end up with e csect then i will need more help since i need a longer time to recover.

winkle: ya quickly go try n confirm the booking if u like it, cos i dunno when their anni promo will end also. by the way let me know if u want my $50 voucher. i have a spare 1 from the previous motherhood expo, the person at the fair says can use on top of the early bird promo.

wat is it for ah? compulsory for confinement? i'm not the traditional type so when it comes to confinement rules n herbs stuff, i dun intend to follow/ just follow minimal to make my mum happy. haha.. in fact all these time i prepare for baby's stuff but nv prepare any confinement stuffs (apart from the confinement food), dun even know where to get herbs to bathe, cos if my mum nv say i will pretend i dunno n just bathe with normal water n shower foam. lol... =P
okok.. me looking at the packages and menu now... super hungry juz by looking at it.. coz i always love food with ginger, onions etc... wahahaha..

lol winkle, fyi when i tried on 19 aug, the menu was the chicken dice with asparagus, steamed fish steak with qi zi n the pork rib soup. they alternate their menus if i'm not wrong, so u can see which menu for which day u want to try n order from them.

Fuzzybear: ah... ic.. thanks for your explanantion!! yup! let me know if shes comfortable to share contact. =)

xu4n : actually im not very sure what is the exact reason for taking rice wine during confinement. haha.. im only buying it bcos my mum ask me to get it. Shes helping me with confinement, so watever she says, as long as not too overboard i will follow. hehe.. dun wan her to feel that i dun trust her:p

any mommies still ordering confinement food although your mom is helping you with confinement? My mom insisted that she wants to cook for me. but now we have two kids and not just 1. dunno if i should just cater for 1 meal. on the other hand, i am so sick of tingkat food. Been catering from Neo for the past two months. The food isn't terrible just that it's boring. I hope confinement meals taste better than normal tingkat.

littleprince, gyne nv asked me to do GD test. So means dun need to do? Shld b dun need to do ba cos my appt is coming Monday so by righty they will inform me beforehand ma. I will delivered at Mt A not TMC. Still will hab discount cos i applied e ladies card. Actually i tink better to have some rest 1st so i dun wan to sleep w bb. Oops...hee

febrie, u still run? Oh mine.. Now, i even restrict myself not to run for e bus. Jus wait lo.. So dangerous to run w our tummy!

Dunno y my mouth like super dry and i so worried will trigger my cough again. So i kept drinking water. I can drink up to 2L of water or even more daily. Den i kept gg toliet. hahha... i can go toliet twice within 15 mins... haha..

Fuzzybear, no worries lah, I nv sprint...
I cant dun carry #1... I dunno iszit because he is sensitive now but he's fussing a lot during this mth...
causing a lot of tension between him and myself... I get so stressed by him and cried a few times too...
just have to play along to his mood and talk terms accordingly...

pinkyloving, I dunno leh... still feel ok so run after buses etc if needed...
but i'm driving most of the time... only on days when I go facial... :)

SN: me lor... but even if u order confinement food, still need to cook for ur #1? i think those 3 caterers are the more common ones.. i heard 1 fb mummy orders from richfood.

mush, don't forget to contact Bambini coz they indicated deadline is 30 Aug if i am not wrong.

herbs - i keep forgetting what to buy when my aunt reminds me so i told her i will bring her along to buy in Oct. maybe after i have done my shopping with her, i will list down what we bought here so that you all can refer to. she also mentioned better to buy in bugis there coz cheaper and better quality. btw, my aunt said there is this pu yao jing (tonic wine for the back) that is commonly sold in supermarkets and many shops that is good for taking during ML. my cousins took the same tonic wine too and effective for backpain.

for mummies that consume alcohol during confinement, should take just after bfg so that the alcohol is gone by the nex

febie, okok. i will update here if there is KP sale!

kayliz, the CCTV vendor we engaged actually does not handle home installations. he did the CCTV installation for hb's company so hb asked him for a favor to do for us too. cost is about $1500 for 3 cameras + a microphone, wiring and some drilling etc. my SIL did the same for her place few years back, she paid around $1500 too for something similar to us. the CCTV will allow us to view fm notebook or mobile remotely. hopefully this info can help you to source for some quotations.

pinkyloving, if you need to do, they will tell you to fast the night before, didn't say means no need to do ba. i will ask my gynae next week why i need to do.

CL helpers - hmm, i think for 1st time mummies, it will be good not to be over reliant on CLs so that you are well prepared when CL leaves and you need to manage everything yourself. for 2nd time or 3rd time mummies, i think most of us will choose to let CL do what they can do and we only do what we need to do so that we can also rest well and we should be able to manage when CL leaves coz afterall, we have taken care of newborns before? :)

Aiya, today my fav mixed rice stall never cooked their curry cabbage, had to buy curry puff to compensate lack of curry. My lunch was so unsatisfying.

Gelobean, don't worry too much about not seeming to gain weight so long as your appetite is fine and baby is doing his/her boxercise. The bb movements should get stronger and felt more often as the weeks progress.

Febie, you remind me of a friend. She was at week 39/40, and walked way faster than another friend and I who were then in 2nd and 1st trimester. Btw, this friend u remind me of, she was due to be induced the next day when we last met her. Her labour was only one hour! Hehe, may your labour be as equally shiok ;p

CL: I plan to zzzzzz for at least two weeks! Then become more hardworking again before CL leaves

littleprince, thanks for the reminder. just emailed them. you taking the album upgrade? agree with you on CL, im planning to let CL do everything for at least the 1st 2wks. after that then slowly take over, so i will get to know bb temper before CL leave. 2nd time mummy so more relax lah.

looks like most mummies are having constipation but i opp leh. i seems to be getting more lousy stool. thrown up just now, now no mood for lunch liao. indigestion is killing me. did i mention that i gain just 0.5kg for the pass month? finally a break in my 3kg per month weight gain. my blood pressure seem to be getting lower too. last sat my bp measure at 80plus only. this the 2nd month my bp is this low. worry that my poor circulation will affect bb.

fuzzybear, confinement herbs very expensive leh. i will be very xintong to pour them away. im a person who love herb soup. :)

rooming with bb, actually 1-2 day old bb spend very little time awake. so its quite ok to room in with them. when they cry for things other than milk, just call for the nurses.

xuan, #1 eats whatever we eat now and he goes to CC where he will have his dinner before coming home. So your mom is going to stay with you for 1 month? you gg to cater lunch and dinner?

ankh, hahahah you and your curry cabbage! I still rem you eating that during 1st trimester.

Gelobean, how i wish i have your problem of no weight gain despite how i eat. haha.

mush, don't forget to contact Bambini coz they indicated deadline is 30 Aug if i am not wrong.

herbs - i keep forgetting what to buy when my aunt reminds me so i told her i will bring her along to buy in Oct. maybe after i have done my shopping with her, i will list down what we bought here so that you all can refer to. she also mentioned better to buy in bugis there coz cheaper and better quality. btw, my aunt said there is this pu yao jing (tonic wine for the back) that is commonly sold in supermarkets and many shops that is good for taking during ML. my cousins took the same tonic wine too and effective for backpain.

for mummies that consume alcohol during confinement, should take just after bfg so that the alcohol is gone by the nex

febie, okok. i will update here if there is KP sale!

kayliz, the CCTV vendor we engaged actually does not handle home installations. he did the CCTV installation for hb's company so hb asked him for a favor to do for us too. cost is about $1500 for 3 cameras + a microphone, wiring and some drilling etc. my SIL did the same for her place few years back, she paid around $1500 too for something similar to us. the CCTV will allow us to view fm notebook or mobile remotely. hopefully this info can help you to source for some quotations.

pinkyloving, if you need to do, they will tell you to fast the night before, didn't say means no need to do ba. i will ask my gynae next week why i need to do.

CL helpers - hmm, i think for 1st time mummies, it will be good not to be over reliant on CLs so that you are well prepared when CL leaves and you need to manage everything yourself. for 2nd time or 3rd time mummies, i think most of us will choose to let CL do what they can do and we only do what we need to do so that we can also rest well and we should be able to manage when CL leaves coz afterall, we have taken care of newborns before? :)
Little Prince: i emailed Bambini to confirm my newborn package already... thanks for your help! :D

I think the red yeast rice is usually cooked with chicken or with mee sua.. it is a bit sweet and i think it is kinda gross.. my mom insists that i eat it at least once during my confinement. supposed to replenish blood or something.

Re: confinement food
Winkle, really? my mom side is Nyonya and we usually use them for our functions. We like their food but of cos it will nv be as good as the home cooked Peranakan food.

Febie, if u carry ur #1 must be careful ya? dun hurt yourself! and pls hor, dun run!!!

Mummychua, but the herbs are gross... it's not herbal soup.. its those black black bitter bitter tonic soups.. smells damn nauseating.. plus i usually drink 2L of red date tea, plus water, plus 2-3 cups of milo/ horlicks a day.. and my mom will still make a huge pot of soup a day for me. really cannot tahan drinking those tonics.

Aiyoh u are still puking? not any better? poor thing u.. quick eat durians.. BTW i still have 5 seeds of that 40 seeds durian spree my hb bought for me 2 Sundays ago..

Ankh, u and ur curry rice.. i find it amazing u can eat the same thing almost daily!

RE: fermented rice wine
hmm.. so any mummies know wat's this for? is it used for cooking confinement food only?

SN: my mum will help me out for abt 2 wks, the other 2 wks hub will take leave to help me. if i were to go thru e csect n need more time to recover then will ask hub to extend leave (either CCL or UPL). yup i catered for both lunch n dinner. if i only cater 1 meal my mum will still need to go market n cook the other meal so will still be a trouble. plus my mum wants me to eat proper confinement food, n she's worried if she cooks it's not nutritious enuff tho i'm not that particular.

febie, ankh, totorodino> thanks for your assurance! hopefully all will turn out well. brought my gynae appt forward by 2 days coz i realised i am running out on fish oil..gd to check the bb out oso..

Hi third3timemum!

Can i also have her contact? :)
I have to ask my line dancing teacher, I ordered through her, let you know when I get an answer, she mentioned need 2 months to make the wine, so you have to order earlier, but I think some shops also got ready stock, according to my mum who stays in yishun

I think the red yeast rice is usually cooked with chicken or with mee sua.. it is a bit sweet and i think it is kinda gross.. my mom insists that i eat it at least once during my confinement. supposed to replenish blood or something.

Re: confinement food
Winkle, really? my mom side is Nyonya and we usually use them for our functions. We like their food but of cos it will nv be as good as the home cooked Peranakan food.

Febie, if u carry ur #1 must be careful ya? dun hurt yourself! and pls hor, dun run!!!

Mummychua, but the herbs are gross... it's not herbal soup.. its those black black bitter bitter tonic soups.. smells damn nauseating.. plus i usually drink 2L of red date tea, plus water, plus 2-3 cups of milo/ horlicks a day.. and my mom will still make a huge pot of soup a day for me. really cannot tahan drinking those tonics.

Aiyoh u are still puking? not any better? poor thing u.. quick eat durians.. BTW i still have 5 seeds of that 40 seeds durian spree my hb bought for me 2 Sundays ago..

Ankh, u and ur curry rice.. i find it amazing u can eat the same thing almost daily!
or maybe we ordered the wrong menu la... i tried once but didnt like it..and i love nonya food de lor..

Morning mummies! omg, it's only thursday! :(

feeling so lethargic and dizzy...arghhh..

can't wait for my next gynae visit coz my weight gain has been stagnant at about 4-5kg and it kinda makes me worried that the bb is not growing well. am i being overly paranoid?
gelobean me too!! this morning when i woke up i felt so giddy... and just now also.. duno is it the weather problem..

RE: fermented rice wine
my mum made few bottles.. and she told me taht it will be used to cook for me.. hahaa so i have to take it cos she purposely made them.. cant make her waste her effort..

Mush, ya I will take the album upgrade coz I can develop the photos for framing for those I want since all soft copies are returned back. Else what to do with the loose photos also. Are you taking album upgrade too?

Winkle, you are most welcome! Most importantly we all got a better deal out of it! :)

Aiyo, I came home to see a mess everywhere but quite happy with how the cameras look like. Waiting for installation to be completed and test out! Hb sleeping like a log when I came home, if robbery he also don't know. :confused: Called agent earlier, maid needs another 2 wks to come coz there was a natural disaster in Philippines so her training was delayed. Not tt I mind, maid come too early also got nothing much to do for me.

mummies! wanna share this with you guys..
was cracking my head over what to give to my colleagues for the kiddo's full month...
coz most of them will be on leave/ out of town and the food will probably be perished by then...
quite sick of using bengawan solo oso..
went to google and came across partridge pears..

http://www.partridgepear.com/NEWThemeGallery.php

love their packaging! and the pricing is reasonable oso..
most imptly, they have items that can be consumed for as long as 1 mth..
so it kinda solves my problem..hee...
tot fellow mummies might be interested! :)

I have to ask my line dancing teacher, I ordered through her, let you know when I get an answer, she mentioned need 2 months to make the wine, so you have to order earlier, but I think some shops also got ready stock, according to my mum who stays in yishun

okokie!! thank you beri much!!!

Little prince, yes, I've noticed that the men in the family tend to sleep when home unless otherwise instructed EARLIER. hubby, my dad, bro, FIL, bros-in-law. Ok la, in all fairness, hubby has taken over some of the housework, but there'll be a nap (or two/three/four) on rest days.

SN, Fuzzybear, only when I have indigestion then I'll start on curry cabbage rampage leh. So for most of 2nd trimester no curry cabbage. I must experiment with this baby one yr later. Maybe she'll like curry cabbage after all that's she's taken in the womb heheheeh.

Kayliz,
Yes. I heard from my friends who went you long zi tat the characters they gave are very similiar. Mayb u can choose the name u like and chk with master if gd match nt.

Fuzzybear,
Havent order my confinement meal but cfm going for natal essentials. Waiting for next gynae visit when i sign hosp package then settle the confinement meal. Thot u wanna go for chilli padi? Sld be ok as chilli padi and natal essentials are pretty well established for their confinement food. Mayb u chk with chilli padi if they have loyalty disc for u since ur family always cater their food. Besides the early bird disc, natal essentials is giving me returning customer disc as i have ordered from them for the confinement meals as well as their normal meal (mom's cooking) before.
I room in with my babies as well. Only when i go dwn for a walk or bathing i will send baby to nursery.

Febie,
Better to latch baby on as soon as u have delivered. I latched my babies while i was still in delivery suite. The earlier n more u latch the faster the ss kicks in. Plus have to drink plently of fluid la.
I also carry my #2 still. I dun run but i walk faster at times coz need to catch her or if its raining and n i need to get shelter fast. Anyway, pls be careful when u move fast ya. Last tri liao, cant afford anything to go wrong.
Mayb ur #1 feeling insecure nw.

Re: confinement rules/herbs
Besides confinement food, the rest i go abt as per normal. I bathe with heater water with my usual shampoo n body shower n i drink plain water. I dun drink dom or rice wine but i do take chicken essence. I am very handd on. I do housewk while on confinement still. Bring my #1 to n forth sch n even bday celebration for him in sch.
The rice wine/dom is to keep core body warm so tat the new mother wldnt catch a chill and weaken the body further.

Sn,
Confinement food taste better than normal food to me =p n i expect it to be coz confinement food cost more than $20/meal le lo. Besides confinement food, will also cater another set of tingkat food for my hb and 2 elder kids. Heavy expenses for food in nov!!

Mush,
I clear my bowel daily. =) mayb coz i usually down a cup of water when i wake up every morning.

Winkle,
Is it u find the chilli padi catering oily?

Felval: ya.. it's quite oily.. i catered for my department once.. and most of the feedbacks were quite negative.. oops.. :confused:

Val, oh, confinement food cost $20/meal? hahaha. normal tingkat food is only $6/meal. confinement food better be worth the price. Do you normally have to heat up the confinement food? cos usually tingkat is lukewarm/cold when they deliver.

ankh, ok la cannot blame hb coz he worked throughout last night and only came home this morning. But still, i thought it was dangerous that he was sleeping throughout and didn't know i came home.

cctv installation completed, now got to do clean up. :(

mummies! wanna share this with you guys..
was cracking my head over what to give to my colleagues for the kiddo's full month...
coz most of them will be on leave/ out of town and the food will probably be perished by then...
quite sick of using bengawan solo oso..
went to google and came across partridge pears..

http://www.partridgepear.com/NEWThemeGallery.php

love their packaging! and the pricing is reasonable oso..
most imptly, they have items that can be consumed for as long as 1 mth..
so it kinda solves my problem..hee...
tot fellow mummies might be interested! :)

but patridge pear quite exp compare to sweetest moment...but their packaging very cute la.. most prob i'll go for sweetest moment..
my fren's husband cooked the red eggs, muffins and ang ku kueh himself... very personalised...

by the way who was the mummy who ordered tingkat from Neo garden ah? i went in to their website.. they didnt put out their daily menu for tingkat... so i doono what food they will send everyday...

Winkle,
We attended a baby shower with caterer as chilli padi. We also find the food oily to our liking.

Sn,
Yes, confinement food is tat costly.
Natal essentials is either warm or lukewarm when delivered. they deliver the food in thermal bag and nt plastic bag. Nt sure abt the other confinement caterers tho.

Patyeo, can give me the contact for rice wine at Bugis? The rice wine is the yellow kind, not the ang zhao right? Or anyone else has contacts for the yellow glutinous rice wine? Last time my mum bought a few bottles for me but its sour. I heard the nice ones are sweeter...

Regarding rooming with baby and CL, I admit I'm a lazy mum. I know we should be taking care of baby since we brought them into this world, but I also believe in keeping my sanity to be a better and happier mum. I rem during my #1, we told the hospital we wan total breast feeding. But when they pushed baby to me after a few hours and in the middle of night for breast feeding, I said no, give formula. I need to rest!! Haha.... I feel that it is ok to rest for a day or two first, then catch up when home. I believe we go through labour and its straining on our bodies, so we should rest properly during confinement. Without rest, our bodies cannot produce milk too. Erm, that was what my CL said last time. Dunno if its true. Cos I kept walking here and there and didn't sleep enough, so she said that's why my supply was low. True enough, when I rested enough and drank more water, my supply went up. But I'll rest for first two weeks, then learn fr CL after two weeks. Actually this time round, I already know how to care for newborn, but need a refresher only... Haha...

winkle> yea, sweetest moments is more economical and looks nice too! but the food in there will turn bad if it is not consumed on the same day..and some of my colleagues won't be around, so that is the best alternative i guess..
will probably get sweetest moments for those who are attending the full month celebration itself.. :)

bunnymummy82, yup sure I will check with my MIL.

3timemum, fuzzybear, I will try to increase my water intake. All along I have been thinking 6 cups is alright, the people in my office are drinking like 2 cups from 9am to 6pm. Will try to drink more frequently in small amounts. Sometimes forget due to busy at work.

Back