(2013/11) November 2013

beaniehope> I know of this beauty store at the people's park market(near OG), on the 3rd floor, the name of the shop is Ocean, they are known for selling toiletries cheaper than retail price, and they do sell pigeon wet wipes. I just called to ask the 6 packs pigeon wet wipes, the shop quoted me $18

Blk 32 New Market Road Chinatown, People's Park #03-1058/1060
Singapore, Singapore 050032
11:30 am - 9:00 pm.
Phone 6535 5175

Thanks 3rdtimemum for the infor!
happy.gif

I know of Swanston which is there too but am not sure of the source of their pigeon baby wipes at Swanston cos the size is unlike our regular ones and they are sold individually.

Will definitely drop by Ocean to take a look at their bundle pack of 6 Pigeon Baby Wipes when im within the vicinity.

Winnie: I will try to resize the image so that the bb cot is visible and you can consider it prior to heading to the fair.. Will upload a clearer one in another hour.
happy.gif

Little Prince: So sorry for the earlier pictures! SM allows uploading of 100KB per picture... And hence, my pictures are being resized and made it almost not visible.. For the uploading of pictures, I click on the "Upload Attachment" and the pictures get uploaded. I will try to source for some online free photo editor and upload nicer ones! :D

3xmum, I also just check with me sis on the same thing! She told me that the wet wipes is going at $3/pkt at Chinatown and the liquid cleanser at $8.20. So if you work out the cost to buy the whole bundle at Chinatown will be $80.20. So actual cost savings as compared to buying for Taka Fair will only be $2.20!

Besides Ocean, there is still another shop towards the end, can also check out their price to compare before buying. Swanston is located at level 2, whereas, Ocean & e other shop I mentioned is located at level 3!

So happy my items from drugstore.com came via Vpost this PM!

After shipping charges, the Avent 3x4oz natural bottles cost S$27.16 & Avent 3 x 9oz classic pink bottles cost S$21.66, Avent trainer cup 4oz S$7.46, Desitin 4oz cost S$8.86

8633302.jpg

8633303.jpg

8633304.jpg

3xmum: haha.. no la, i working in Penjuru. My work place 鸟不生蛋! I used to frequent those shops since young with my parents. But my hub now working at Chinatown Point, so if I need anything, I will take pic of the item and ask him pop over to buy!

3xmum :

are the Avent bottles you bought from drugstore.com cheaper than sg, even after including the shipping charges?

RL, can repost the part about trade in of milk bottles plssss? Thks!!

beaniehope, hv replied yr PM. btw, papers today mentioned maybe will revise maid levy to be lower! good news for us! :)

plush: you must check first if its worth to return.. cos i just check the price to return my item back to asos.. Its 39.50!! sad.. almost same price as my dress.. now i also duno wat to do with it now..
sad.gif

furzz>yes, the avent bottles are cheaper after adding in shipping charges, look at the trade in offer at Taka, 2x4oz natural bottles cost $22(usual price is $30.90), with another $5+, I get another bottle. I think Singapore all sold by 2 bottles, if 3 x 4oz bottles would cost around $45 I think.

Bluenosebear>I don't see any pink bottles which are natural on drugstore website leh, Singapore have or not?

3xmum: Drugstore products reliable/authentic? If can save money, I wanna try buying too! Maybe next batch of bottle since I bought the sterilizer bundle and have 9 bottles of diff sizes now.

3xmum, does the old classic screw cap fit the new natural bottles? I'm still very blur about what is compatible with what for old vs new bottles. Avent has the new comfort pump that fits the natural bottles, but the storage bottles with the sealing disc only come with the classic design. So means cannot store and feed bm with the same bottles?

bluenosebear, I saw pink natural bottles on Amazon website, also comes with floral design, very pretty!
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-AVENT-Natural-Bottle-Set/dp/B008BKUO1Q/ref=sr_1_3?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1374659184&sr=1-3&keywords=avent+pink

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Natural-Polypropylene-Bottles-Flowers/dp/B00D43C1P2/ref=sr_1_10?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1374659229&sr=1-10&keywords=avent+pink

Thanks Rl for the pix! Appreciate!

I personally don't like pigeon wipe. I feel it's too dry. I prefer tollyjoy. Hv been using it since even now.

3xmum,cool man you bought via online. I see local avent bottle selling at so high price... comparing NUK is cheaper.. so I'm thinking of getting NUK due to costs. Also thanks for
sharing the chinatown shop info. Good help!
i've seen the pink avent bottle in mothercare & BHG. Not sure abt the $ though.

Plush, for once I thought I maybe able to take over 1 or 2 pcs of your buy but after seeing your measurement UK16 the buss is 40" !!! My buss is only 34".... however the waist & hips measurement not really huge though. Maybe u shld rtn to exc for smaller.

sei>the double electric comfort breast pump which I bought can use any type of bottles, I think someone else asked this question before

Question : Are the Comfort breast pumps compatible with the full Philips AVENT range?

Answer : Yes, the Philips AVENT Comfort breast pumps are compatible with all feeding devices in the Philips AVENT range, from bottles and milk storage containers, to cups.

Bless> few weeks ago, I go online drugstore.com. and then I clicked, clicked and clicked, hehe. I know avent bottles here are very expensive, so thought of buying from drugstore, I ever bought fenugreek in 2008 from drugstore/GNC when I had my #2

sei>I tried to swop the cover/teat between the classic pink bottles & the natural 4oz bottles which I got from drugstore, they are interchangeable, the new classic bottles comes with a internal ring, without this ring, then the natural cover/teat cannot screw onto the classic bottle properly. I am not sure those avent classic bottles sold in SG are like these, with a ring inside of the cover, anyone know? If my sis were to pass me her old classic bottles, I doubt I can use, unless I put in the ring.

Hello I just got home! Sorry didn't post just now. Busy shopping as I was also buying other things for my older kids.

I think the Medela Freestyle Pump is the most worth it to buy in the fair. Cos it comes with warranty. Like I said btw PISA and FS, I rather buy FS in SG cos a lot of my frens fried their batteries. Xiaober, no lah FS is sooooo tiny compared to PISA lor. U have to bring ur pump out if u wanna go back to work so I recommend u get FS. My PISA is abt 1.3kg leh!!

Another thing worth getting is the Fisherprice Rocker. Think it's $169 after discount. Before discount is $219. Trust me u will need a chair for ur bb to sit in. Can't be always lying in the cot or playpen. The Aden and Anais swaddles are gg for 4 for $39. Cheap!! I got some toys for baby too. Can get those rattles etc. I got Calibowl for feeding my #2. Cheap also. It is a bowl that allows u to scoop the content without it falling out of the edges esp when u are left with small amts.

Little Prince I wanted to trade in the Pigeon bottles but my maid forgot to attach the teat (it needs to be a complete set to trade in) so it means I have to go back again to buy the bottles! Urgh!! Lucky I work quite near. Btw Avent and Pigeon bottles (I have used both) I prefer pigeon because the teat are much softer than Avent, the smallest bottle's volume is 160ml means I can use for abt 4-6 mths. Avent's smallest bottle is 120ml which, based on my 2 boys, they outgrew before they even reach 1 mth old!! At 1 mth they were takin 130-140ml per 3 hrs!!

I also saw the car seat. Am tempted to get a bucket car seat even though I know it is a waste cos baby will outgrow before they turn 1. But with the space constraint I have, having a bucket carseat might make more sense. Cos I can upgrade my #2 to booster in another 1 yr and my #3 can take the current car seat. Haizz head!! Anyway the Maxi Cosi bucket car seat without base is going at $299. They have a package deal for the bucket + the regular car seat too. Think it is $899.

Hi Mummies, I have a baby sling or sarong for my first bb but feel backache when bb is 7-9kg. We dun have a car and thought a bb carrier will be do if we travel by bus or mrt. Thinking of buying a Manduca bb carrier for my 2nd bb. Is it really that good as review? Hesitate because it really not cheap

Jean, I heard good reviews for Manduca also. But when i tried with my #1, he keeps crying when he is inside. End up i bought bobba since he is comfy with it.

Maybe need to test with baby? Isetan @ Lido can try i think

3xmum, think may be me asking the question last time too lol... thanks for trying out the bottles swop! The reason I asked again is because I got this info flyer from Isetan last week about Avent classic vs natural, and it mentioned that the natural opening is bigger so I didn't know whether they meant the teat opening or the screw cap opening. The classic bottles I have are from 4 yrs ago, so they don't have the internal ring. I think those made later all have the internal ring as there were complaints of the bottles leaking without the ring. Thinking of buying the natural bottles and the comfort pump, but I don't want to waste the storage bottles I have in the storeroom so want to make sure they are compatible first. Okok, I'll go check out drugstore. My friend is coming back from US next week so I want to try and see if he can help me bring back some bottles to save on shipping hehe...

sei>I think nowadays maybe avent is selling the ring separately already, since they said compatible, should have come up with a solution right?

If you ask your friend to bring back, will save even more $

3xmum, I didn't really have issues with the avent classic bottles leaking but mine are the older batch. Thinking of getting the natural bottles as the new classic all have the extra ring and means 1 extra part to clean. Good thing is all the online reviews I read about the natural bottles say no leaking!

I just went to check drugstore and amazon pricing, amazon seems to have more discount now! For 3-pack 4oz, drugstore selling for $17.59 and amazon selling for $15.69. For 3-pack 9oz, drugstore selling for $21.99 (no disc) and amazon selling for $15.30

Gd morning.. super exhausted from shopping yesterday.. hahaha..

Jean, i don't shop at Qoo10 so i can't comment. i m sure if u look hard enough, there will always be somewhere selling something cheaper. hehe..

Re: wet wipes
The polyclinics sell Pigeon wet wipes 82 sheets at $3 a pack.. that is the cheapest i can find.
happy.gif

Oh yes, forgot to say for Avent, there were other bundle deals other than the $388 advertised one. also there are free gifts if u spent abv certain amounts..

ehhh.. sorry but i'm confused with all these discussions abt the avent bottles, caps, rings, teats etc. can someone summarise? =x

fuzzybear: thanks for informing that there are other avent bundles at the fair, i'm excited to go check it out soon! but my hub says wat's thr rush? since it's until 11 aug. -.-

thirdtimemum, sei - regarding the inner ring for the Avent bottles. The gold Avent bottles do not require the ring. The white/blue/pink version all require the ring. The gold bottles are more expensive and you can still find them in the shops. I have both the white and gold bottles for my #1 and I prefer the gold ones cos 1 less thing to wash.

i just checked drugstore.com. They don't sell the gold Avent bottles. You have to get them from shopping centres. I find the material of the gold bottles thicker and better. but im tempted to buy the pink bottles, so pretty! hahaha.

thirdtimemum, so after adding in shipping cost, still worth it to buy from drugstore ar? the bottles and teats really much cheaper.

good morning mummies... looks like everyone got a good deal.

wow jean you shared a good deal on Qoo10. too bad no minimum order met yet else I would have grab...

Little Prince, intending to change for Pigeon bottles.
happy.gif
i m gg to the fair (AGAIN) tmr to do the exchange.. hope still got stock lor..

good morning mummies... looks like there's alots of shopping going on here... i havent even sort out my old stuff, no idea what to buy for new bb.

xuan, agrees with your hub, no hurry to go down immediately as the fair will go one for the next 2wks. i going to sort out my stuff this and next wk then go chiong for the fair.

Arissa, thanks for the information on the cot drop down. didnt realise that it is cos of worry.

fisher price rocker, is it worth buying such a expensive rocker? what abt this rocker vs the traditional holey rocker?

mummychua cos the kiasu nature in me scared later the freebies or good deals oos if go down too late. haha.. but i'm thinking also that they shld have enuff stock to last till 11 aug rite?

i also have the traditional rocker at home, so won't be buying any new rockers for baby le. i thot it's nice for baby to use the old fashion rocker like i did when i was a baby. lol..

mummychua, this one can sit till 4 yrs old provided the toddler age still like sitting...
the traditional one, once reach 1.5yrs old, hard to support liao.. depending a lot on baby's weight.

was inform that SMH BP sells at $90 but all these cheaper set direct import from China.
so if dun mind a China set, can get from Taobao? maybe cheaper too....

Mummies :

can enlighten me on the differences bet avent, pigeon, tollyjoy and other brands' bottles/teats/pacifiers?

Been using avent for my 1st one ... But now tinking whether to change brand cos avent more ex?

Thankzz!!

Hi Mummies, actually there's another BB fair by BB market this coming 4 Oct at Expo. so if u have missed any thing, no fear, can do a 2nd round there.

Febie, the group buy is just for show, u can buy just 1 pc and they deliver... they are also other vendor selling at the same price in Qoo10. actually I'm hoping for some1 to passdown to me. My Sil has 1 and she is also trying for a 2nd BB. Recently she got early miscarriage and she keep it from me... scare "bandang"... then if I dun ask her, she will complain how come we din ask...treat her like outsider... If I ask her, scare hurt her feeling for losing her bb eventho I'm not suppose to know. She is very emotional now. Troubled... because I really think that is useful. My 1st has 1 borrow from friend and she took it back because she needs it for her 2nd 1 that time. Then she lend it to others liao.

Fuzzy Bear, if u came across better lobang, please let me know.

Mummychua, the rocker (not the holey bouncer), is more stable and can convert to toddler's chair, though the back will not be fully upright. my #1 and 2 both still sits in the rocker.

Ya my #1 felt out of his cot at 14+ mths because the dropside of the cot sagged down and he tumbled over the top.

me waiting at home for IKEA delivery coz hubby had to attend a meeting at the last minute ... haiz, will go to work after the delivery is done.

fairs, i think its good to start preparing to buy now if you can then wait till Oct (we won't know if we might deliver earlier or what, and 3rd tri can be very tiring to walk a lot?). the prices are similar, you gain some in certain items and lose some in other items. just shop at convenience fm now till 3rd trim ba.

chair for baby, can consider Bumbo also? i didn't get to use it when i had #1 coz he was such a chubby baby tt his thighs got stuck whenever i put him in. :p

Bless,
Ya! Spent quite abit yest at taka. V shiok =p

Lxb,
Really ah?? Then its gd u realised early and didnt buy the bag. I have been buying alot of kids stuffs for my #1 n #2 tat my hb dun mind me buying things for myself. =p my hb always tell me if i really like and i will use why nt? But some items he will ask if its really impt to me nt. if yes, just buy. If nt, wait. =p

Silver,
For nb, taka baby fair selling at $6.45 per pack. For s onwards is $11.75 per pack. I usually calc hw much it is per pc. Nt the cheapest this rd. i ever saw 2packs for $19.95 at cold storage but sizes run out v fast, once u see must grab. I bought 2packs nb, 6packs s.

Beaniehope,
Oh. If u have hands me dwn can save quite abit. I didnt buy much this rd for #3 also coz i have enuff hands me dwn from the previous 2.

RL,
Pigeon wet wipes same price as outside but they throw in 1 free bottle detergent. I ordered a carton alth same price coz since i am there and i do nt need to lug hm on my own. Just opt for delivery with the rest of the items.

Fuzzybear, 
The car seats quite a gd deal!! I was there looking and had a hard time deciding which to buy. The one tat my boy is using was already at a disc when we bought, nw its even cheaper!

Jean,
Nt heading to expo baby fair coz nt worth the fuel and parking for me. So i just grab everything i need from taka and opt for delivery. I even redeemed taka vouchers with the points i accumulated. Anything i missed out i will grab from metro 20%. and i forgot to buy cotton wool =.=

Lit_prince,
I didnt use bumbo too. The kids outgrow too fast and nt worth investing. 

sei>
I got my 3x4oz natural for usd17.59, 3x9oz pink classic(with ring)usd13.59 (drugstore.com)

SN>
yes, after adding shipping, the prices for avent bottles & caltrade+D still much cheaper than local prices

mummies> you all can check out the WTS forum here on SMH, I bought my newborn huggies ultra from 2 mummies(diapers bought this year), at $4.50 / pack of 24 nb diapers!

sometimes can get very good deals

Back