(2013/11) November 2013

Morning, mummies.
Updates form my yest detailed scan, placenta still low, covering os.
Otherwise, all ok. Manage to get a pic of girl waving at us at 3/4D scan. So happy to c that. As usual, doing scan, she pattern liao liao.
But we enjoy the whole scan.
Min-we not planning for the 3/4D scan, since like what Fuzzy said is something extra & also my girl do not seems to like being scanned.
We will wait to c her after delivered, ;)
My jabs & duphaston is till 28 weeks.
Counting down to my jabs, left 6 more.
Plush-enjoy yr cruise.
Fuzzy-I also wan to shop in taka, haha.
My hubby tempting me to go today afternoon, but I rushing my staff KPI ;p, I'm still thinking lol, but likely won't go today.
Will go on Sat after my morning prenatal class in NUH.

Morning!

Febie, 3D/4D scans look, well 3-4 dimensional. I find that no matter how the baby is positioned, their face still tends to be squashed. in my previous thread, there were mommies that rushed, and i really meant rushed, to get the 3D scan done just cos they wanted a memento. end up they could only capture some gd shots so no 2nd appt was rescheduled. i find it kinda painful to pay that amt of money! i dun even keep my 2D scans from my doc!

Re: Taka fair
Ok will update u guys once I am there. I am waiting for the Medela Service Centre to open before walking over.

Bluenosebear, yay glad u cleared ur scan..
happy.gif
i dun really like going on Sat partly cos it is soooo crowded! also once i have kids, wkends are all so precious. need to spend all available time with the kiddos..

Plush, u live with ur inlaws? if no, why shd they be restricting what u buy? u really need to get some basics ready, like clothes, wet wipes, diapers, bath tub, bottles (if u don't wanna bf directly). after the baby comes, u want ur hb to be with u all the time and not be busy running around buying stuff. I do think having a cot is impt else where is baby gonna slp? u can buy it first and have it delivered when u are abt 36 wks or so.

Val > Thks for giving advise on car seat. Most probably I will get britax. Ok, will get some fresh bird nest to eat hehe...

Plush > Enjoy your cruise trip. Tempted to go on cruise too but I scared I will get motion sickness lol! I know the ship is big and stable, won't feel anything but I'm worry haha. Timid me ....

Xiaober > Do join Ms Fonnie's class on sat! I will attend the class too.

good morning...

fuzzybear, I keep those 2D scan but nv file them nicely... so I got a 3D/4D scan on Monday... ok lah... dun really feel excited too cos during #1 time, also nv go for all these.
And during the detailed scan was the first time I heard the baby's weight. hahaha... also no impact on me.
Seeing he healthy and enjoying in my tummy I feel good enough...
happy.gif

Btw, I ald transfer my boy to those normal booster car seat. he has the height but still short 3 kg... hahahha...

SY, I got your PM.
Waiting to consolidate the orders.
happy.gif

Mummies, do update what's good and great buys at the Taka Fair. Thanks. ;)

lxb, i think Ms Fonnie is the next best choice. she has quite a number of classes so i guess she's also popular. she has 3 time slots on sat. but if your hubby can't make it on sat, then go another day better. i also prefer not to be late.

SY, which time slot u got on Sat?

morning mummies!

fuzzybear: thats early!! dan shall wait for your updates then... still thinking of going at 12 or later..

SY & Mawanab: I talk to my hubby yesterday.. he seems to prefer friday class.. maybe i will call in and ask again on other slots.. thanks!

hello all mummies!
I am a first time mum and have been following up with the posts in the Novemeber forum. I have gained quite a fair bit of informative stuffs from all of you! :D

My office is in Taka building so I will be checking out on the Taka bb sale later over lunch. Will check out on the good buys and share with you all later in the day..

Any specific products that mummies would like me to check out on? I am most happy to share that with all of you!

happy.gif

Febie > Thanks for compiling for us
happy.gif

Mawanab >Mine at 10am, starting next Sat.

Lxb > Oh no problem. Hope u get to sign up the class soon.

Morning mummies!

I have just completed my detailed scan and was glad that everything went well. The gender of the baby was also confirmed as girl.

Just want to check if any mummies here who are also looking for maids and if any have any recommendations of reliable maid agencies to begin my search?

Thanks in advance!

morning mummies, i just did my 1st taobao purchase. all thanks to xuan for helping with all my questions. im a idiot when it comes to online purchase. keke...

taka fair, will the madela spare parts be cheaper than bulk purchase forum? saw on newspaper if you buy 4pks of huggies, they will free 2 medela collection bottle.

3d scan, my gynea includes 3d scan in his package. i did have a 3d photo of my #1 when she still in me. by then she already got her daddy look. so when she's born, we are not surprise to see a copy of her daddy face.

cot, i realised that nowadays more and more cots, esp the more expensive ones, are doing away with the side drop bar. any idea why manufacturer stop having it as one of the feature? and the castor wheels too. alot of cots dont have wheels now.

anyone read the newspaper yesterday? i saw on FB someone posted that we now have to bear the full loan of the maid and this is a sunk cost, i.e. you cannot recover it from the salary. Is that true?

Hi Mummychua, i did some research online, there were alot of cot death cases related to dropside cot beds so i think US have start banning just features/model of cot with dropside.

Personally after reading the accidents/death cases caused by dropside cot, I don't even want to explore dropsite cot anymore. Just get those cot with fix sides and adjustable bed heights.

Morning mummies & welcome RL!

Congrats for having a gal beanie.

Since we're abt less than 4 mths away from EDD. I think is time to stock up all bb stuffs liao. eg. wipes, cotton, detergents, hanky, socks, bibs, some NB & S size diapers, powder, creams...and etc.. At least this is what i will get from taka fair.

Actually milk bottle is the only thing that I'm not sure at this moment coz still deciding between NUK & AVENT.

@ Fuzzy, for the Aden swaddle I think I'll need 4 of it :D as I will use it as day time blanket too :D like the thin texture :D

So ladies, enjoy shopping!

Just to share no discount on Medela spare parts at both the Taka fair and also at the Medela service centre. According to them, spare parts nv ever have discount. Only funnels and the membrane/ valve sets have discount.

Busy now. Will be gg to the fair only at 2. So those mommies who are there earlier do update ok?

paiseh... can someone bring me into facebook? my email [email protected] Thanks!

I prefer playpen over cot. Must get those very sturdy one. Not only because of all these cot accidents, also becoz playpen can easily keep it in box after few years of usage.

cruise, i recall someone saying they don't accept passengers who are more than 20+ mths pregnant so pls check before you book just in case.

beaniehope, i just confirmed my maid selection but this is my first time using this agency so i can't tell if its good or not(though its recc by my aunts who have used it several times). if you need the contact then just PM me?

SN, didn't notice the change in the full loan leh. my maid agent told me the loan can be deducted from monthly salary.

taka fair, i was considering to go down tomorrow but if i go, won't be able to stay for long. am trying to control myself and wait till Fri evening to go down with hubby. Hehehe.

Fuzzybear,
Thanks in advance =) am waiting for hb to come back and head dwn tog. Happy shopping! =)
Baby use up diapers v fast so always gd to buy more in various sizes. Experienced mummies will know this =P

Xiaober,
50% is alot so can buy la. And u really save 50% le =p

Manawab,
Enjoy ur bali romantic trip. Keke. Yes, u will still be in time for taka fair. 

Rl,
Welcome to the thread.

Beanie,
Congras on a healthy baby gal =) lots of shopping waiting for u =p

Bless,
Ya!! Going to spend quite abit later at taka =p retail therapy rocks! Lol.

welcome RL!

Val: my hubby rejected me.. ahha he say i have too many bags and money should go to baby and blah blah blah.. i gave in cos its true that the money can buy baby stuff also.. hahaha and i realise its just a moment of spending.. after 2 days.. i dun really want that bag anymore.. lol~

anyone at taka fair now? i going later with hubby.. managed to get him to come down... wahahahaah

So exciting to see so many mummies heading to taka fair! Do update us on the good deals & must grabs ya! Actually, I have no idea what I wanna get at the fair at the moment yet. Anw, I saw on the papers this morning, the Pigeon bundle for sterilizer & food warmer is at $168. Those interested might want to consider grabbing it.

Wow been a while since I post, though I’ve been silently reading heh..

Re: diapers at taka fair
Thought of stocking abit on newborn and s size during the fair too but not sure how to see how cheap is cheap leh?

Re: plush on cruise trip
The last I heard cruise are quite strict with preggie ladies think they don’t allow preggie ladies on board from 25 weeks or something, did you double check on that? Best to have a gynae’s letter with you just in case?
Cos my friend have to cancel her trip due to that.

Re: cot
I also bought a smaller one for to squeeze for in our room for baby to sleep with us at night, arranged to be delivered in October though since it comes with 6 months warranty.

Oooh fuzzybear do share with us the deals at Taka fair!

mummies, i just came back from taka fair.. i abit disappointed though.. there is only huggies for diaper that is available..

the only deal that i think can consider is the medela pump.. $699 with 1 year warranty.. gift is the bra strap.. is it worth buying? i am thinking between getting with warranty and without warranty...

Thanks mummies! Looking forward to the weekend. I have not had any MS before, hope the cruise does not start it! Haha.

Fuzzybear, living with in-laws for the time being till BTO key is out. HDB informed us that the probable completion is end Aug. So that's another area we are anxiously awaiting. My mil is not keen for me to buy in advice cos pantang ..haiz. I am considering to order the cot all and get it del towards the edd then..thx for that sharing.
happy.gif

littleprince / silver, yup, it was me actually a month ago asking abt the cruise. I checked and I must be less than 24 weeks to travel on cruise. I'll be 23 weeks. lol.. got gynae letter on 'fit to travel' in case.

Convinced my hubby to take leave on fri too and head to taka. I guess I should look out for the below items as advised by mummies.. wipes, cotton, detergents, hanky, socks, bibs, NB, S size diapers, powder, creams, bath tub, bottles etc..
happy.gif

i'm quite keen in the pigeon steriliser+warmer bundle! i saw poster that avent has a steriliser bundle too but it's more exp n includes a breast pump which i most prob won't need. mummies who have went/ are going today, can help to see if avent has a smaller steriliser bundle package which excludes breast pump? if have how much? thanks!!

lxb,
for diapers, fairprice/giant/watson's will have promos every now and then. No need to stock up too much. Also, u won't know if you will have a big/small baby until u pop. If your baby turns out to be huge, she might outgrow nb size within a week! If you want to try nepia (that's the brand I use), can just order over the phone/online a few weeks before EDD. Order 4 packs for free delivery. Can mix sizes e.g: 2nb, 2S. Not sure if they have changed their policy, but previously, can exchange unopened packs when you next order e.g: I ordered 3nbs, but only used up 2 packs, can exchange the nb for s when I next order.

Xuan,
I bot this at BHG 2 weeks ago for $135.60: http://www.pigeon.com.sg/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=160&category_id=39&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=63
The box says it takes 3 mins to warm up a bottle. I think it is a digital bottle warmer.
Pigeon's sterilisers are great. I highly recommend. I used this for 3 years: http://www.pigeon.com.sg/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=160&category_id=39&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=63
Wanted to buy back the same one but decided to top up $30 for a newer model that also can be a bottle warmer. Hope it is just as trusty as the old model.

Hi Mummies,

I have also recently sign up for the Childbirth Education Course organised by TMC which is gonna starts on the 3rd August, every sat by Ms Fonnie Lo.

Hi Bless,

Thanks! Am glad that its a girl cos i will getting hands me down from my niece
happy.gif

Hi Little Prince,

I have pm-ed you for the maid agency contact you are currently using. May i know the nationality of the maid you selected and roughly what are the costs involved?

Hi Va|,

Thanks! I was hoping to keep the shopping to a minimum and see what i can get for hands-me-down from my sis.

Winnie, both ur links show the same product. haha.. a multi function steriliser that can also act as warmer sounds like a good deal. $135.60 is the product itself? does it include other small items?

orh thanks winnie! the old model that u showed me is the 1 on bundle promo at taka baby fair now. the bundle comes with a separate bottle & food warmer, 2 x 160ml bottle, 1 x 240ml bottle, 82s baby wipes, sponge brush, 200ml liquid cleanser for $168. sounds very worth it hor? hehehe...

meaning the rapid steam steriliser itself costs abt $100?

lxb, is the $699 pump the PISA? personally, i don't think Medela pumps break down easily, i hardly hear so far. if you intend to hv more kids, then i would think it is worth to buy a local set. and if you intend to sell off later, local set has more value. the handsfree brassiere costs around $50+, i think good to have coz last time when there was no such thing, i had a hard time holding both pumps for very long.

Hi mummies!
Thanks for the warm welcome! Look forward to sharing more bb information with everyone!

I made a trip to the Taka bb fair.. not too crowded during lunch today.. And i have taken some photos.. For all of your viewing pleasure. :D

Any feedbacks if the pigeon baby wipes are a good buy?

RL

8632855.jpg

8632856.jpg

diapers, think don't overbuy too much not only coz of size but also, not every diaper brand suits your baby.

any other good offers?

beaniehope, i will reply you via your PM shortly hor.

anyone hired part-time helpers using A-team or Amah on wheels agency before? I'm thinking of going through agency instead of through word of mouth recommendation of part-time helpers cos the last one i engaged through a flyer on the lift, super unreliable. didnt turn up at all for three consecutive weeks.

RL, yaaa! cannot see properly, i was trying to strain my eyes .. hehe. the Pigeon wipes like not cheap leh, only 4 packs? is this scented wipes? actually, i don't know how to post pixs in SM leh. you all post fm hp or net?

RL,
thanks for the pics!
Looks like there is a cot for $399... maybe I should go for it
happy.gif

Xuan,
yah, the taka bundle sounds like a pretty good deal. The steriliser itself was selling at about $100 at BHG. But hor, must see which food warmer they are giving. When I bought mine 6 years ago, it was bundled with this: http://www.pigeon.com.sg/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=120&category_id=28&keyword=food+warmer&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=52
Not very useful lor. Takes a loooooooong time to warm up chilled milk.

littleprince: The $699 is the medela freestyle pump.. ya i m thinking if should get bulk purchase or local.. cos i dun think i will bring it out cos it looks bulky.. and the diff of ~200 is worth for the strap and 1 year warranty..

i heard that it doesnt get spoilt easily.. so more tempting to get the bulk purchase..

RE: wet wipes
ya i m thinking if the wet wipes are worth buying anot.. any comments?

Hi lxb & RL,

The pigeon baby wipes work out to be $3.25 per pack and $19.50 for a bundle pack of 6.

Essentially, its around $0.40 cheaper per pack of 6 cos usually it will costs $19.90 for a pack of 6.

Back