(2013/11) November 2013

hi Mummies, i am just back from my 2nd check-up... dr was shiok and comment the sac is too small, n had to do a Vscan. then got me worried too...

after he went thru my 1st check up detail, he realise i had nothing on my 1st check up and he was quite happy and say got chance got chance... =)

so now i am able to see my little sac, hope my little bloomber will grow up big and strong and can hear heartbeat on my 3rd visit.

Xuan, high 5! I'm also self-employed working as a maths tutor (if any of your kid need maths tuition can look for me hehehe). So no ML for me too
sad.gif

Snakey, I know ur nick! Haha. I'm still doing twice a day. Abt 600-700ml still. Crazy right? When I tested positive I was pumping 1.3L a day. Now boobies have blocks here and there. Haizzz. Because I had so much BM I didn't store much frozen milk so now my baby has to take FM.

I work in a large coy so manpower wise there will be somebody to cover me if really cannot. But I hold a very specialized job so there's only so much other people can cover for me.

I thought u can claim 2 months paid maternity from govt for self employed women? As in they paid u ur previous year reported income tax, capped at 10k a mth.

Is that true fuzzybear? I din know that there is such thing. Let me go check it out. Thanks for letting us know
happy.gif

Xuan, have the flexibility but lose the benefits.

Michelle, I envy u! Hehehehe..

Happy mummy! Congrats again. Pray that your little bloomer will bloom and let u hear the heartbeat on ur next visit.

Xnruier yup I'm pretty sure cos I have self employed friends like insurance agents. She just told me abt it 2 wks back. Since we are abt to report our income tax u might wanna declare a bit more so u can get ur paid maternity leave.

Oh congrats Happy Mummy. When's ur edd then?

thanks mummy!! My little late bloomer have no EDD yet... i forget to ask Dr. but nurse say baby is about 5 to 6 week old.

hi SN, i guess so too... i kept records when is my menses and ML date... think can use it to keep track... lol... excited for my 3rd visit!

Mummies, do you want to chat in FB? easier to keep track of chat.

Kayliz, snakey, welcome welcome to nov thread. Wah, now got four of us in two threads. Some more kayliz your current edd is my birthday
happy.gif

Xnruier, wah good, maths tutor. Can just let me know is psle maths really so hard now, or can still practise and score like in the old days? Last year hubby and I tried psle question, one of the heuristics question, and cannot solve. The both of us in shock after that lol! Btw, where do u stay? My girl going to P1 next year, so must start sourcing for potential tutors kekeke.

Qyla's mummy.. hee!! Thx. My gal is a july 2010 baby. How about yours?

Ankh: haha.. great! i was hoping for 11 Nov. nicer! My gal was born on 7 July. Then easier to remember!

Fuzzybear, you have alot of milk indeed!!! I was pumping like 500-600ml a day when i tested positive...the ss kept dropping so much until now i pump like maybe 30hrs pump one time. i hope to stop by next week first gynae's visit.

ankh, maths nowadays are no longer like our time. Not so straight forward anymore. Children are also much smarter than our time so must give them more challenging questions. Ur kid only P1 next yr u wanna find tutor? So stressful for ur child! Haha. Anyway I stay at bukit panjang. Are u staying nearby too?

Fuzzybear, thanks so much for the info. Indeed we self-employed can get paid ML too! So happy! Anyway still too early to think abt that now. Most impt bb is able to pull thru at least past 1st trimester. Seen and read a lot abt miscarriage and no hb cases. Very worried.

Xnruier, no leh, I stay at kovan. Aiya, I see my friend registered her daughter for Learning Lab since P1. Also this year realized my daughter has spelling n ting die in K2, woke me up. My daughter not stressed, mummy stressed!

Happy Mummy... congrats... pray your little one will let you hear the heartbeat on your next visit. you got me excited for my own 1st visit.
happy.gif

Michelle, the sacrifices that we have to make as a mom.

Kayliz, mine is Dec 2010.
happy.gif

Xnruier, the maths now is so hard I cant imagine what it would be like for my daughter in 4-5 years time.

Fuzzybear, wahhh your milk supply is very impressive!

SN, i think my baby will b out in oct also. Coz my edd is 01 Nov. I foresee her/him to come out earlier. Heheh..

Qyla's mummy, my edd is also 1Nov! last pregnancy i was playing Cooking Dash while i was on leave waiting to give birth, maybe play too much until baby came out 12 days earlier. i think this time i better don't play any exciting games. ahaha

SN, high 5! I keep on cleaning my bedroom toilet till came out a week earlier. Hahahaha. I have very strong nesting instinct that time. Lol!! So this time you must stop playing too much exciting games.

Hi all,

glad to be joining the nov13 group! i'm preggers with #2 when my #1 is only 7months! OMG. i happy with my second pregnancy but when i think of my very possessive mil who's getting on my nerves, i feel like im better off not pregnant
sad.gif
am still breastfeeding as well

Hi Mummies,

1st time pregnant mum reporting here. Doc haven't confirm my EDD as my baby is under growing in size.
But glad to hear its heartbeat

Hi welcome all,

Happy mummy, I'm so so waiting to see my gynae next week. Can't wait actually. But my gynae only wants to see me after 6 weeks. Haiz... But today I tested on clearblue digital just for fun, it's showing 3 weeks + instead of 1-2weeks when I tested 2 weeks back. Keeping my fingers crossed everything is fine.

Jasline,

So what did u do at the poly clinic? Only urine test? Somehow becos I hav not been to clinic, everything still seem unreal... But based on my previous experience during #1:

Week 4: lining thickening. Sign of pregnancy
Week 5: sac with embryo
Week 6 4 days: can hear baby heartbeat!

That's based on my last experience.... Wonder if its possible to hear heartbeat at 5 weeks plus?

SO angry! Already told my manager that I'm keeping news of my pregnancy hush2 and the reason I told her is because we are understaffed and so she needs to know so easier for me to be on mc when I visit gynae. Then she so big mouth go n tell our insurance agent. Aiyoh!!

Woah Ivy! Ur baby is just 7 mths old? I think Snakey's baby is also quite young. My #2 kid is coming 11 mths.

Bunnymummy, 3+ wks on digital means u are only 5wks plus right? I think if u ovulated early u might be able to hear the heartbeat. For my #1 I saw the heartbeat at 5 wks 5 days but that's cos I ovulated at CD11. I feel it's better to wait cos it u dont see heartbeat u will also worry. That's why my gynae doesn't see me until I'm 6.5 wks even though I'm spotting.

Xnruier, u are welcome.
happy.gif
don't think abt miscarriages. I had two and hope that it will nv happen to anybody.

Qylasmommy, cool down. Not worth it.

bunny mummy 82,
yup, I told doctor that I tested on a cheap home test kit (bought from mustafa-$1.90)..lol
told her I want to confirm that I'm preggie, so she asked me to do a urine test and asked me if she need to refer me to KK.
She also wanted to prescribe folic acid, but I told her I'm already taking it.

My original appt is on 10apr, but I changed it to end apr..
I think I'm the only one that delay my appt..haha..
I hope to see the gender at the scan if is possible

hi Qyla, dont be sad.. sometime ppl just cant keep their zip. u just got to know who is it. =)
stay cheerful, its good for baby!

Bunny, i also tested alot of time with home kit.. lol... in fact i just brought 30 ovulation and 10 pregnancy test from BP. and i only get to play with 5 ovulation.. and i used up all my 10 pregancy kit... lol... Everything will be fine, dont worry, just keep a happy mind.

Thanks all.. Just letting off some steam. Have to have some mantra each time she piss me off. Have to be cheerful for the baby is a good start.

Hi Ivy! You are very brave. If my baby is only 7 mths I will cry if I get to know Im preggers.

Jasline, welcome n congrats too!

The thread is really moving fast ya now. I really have t go n see a gynae soon. I still have nt booked a gynae. Think im about t b 7 weeks. Isit too late?

Fuzzybear, ya I will try to keep a positive mind. Hope everyone here will have a enjoyable pregnancy for the next 9mths
happy.gif

i must salute to all you 2nd/3rd/4th time mummies, especially those who have your little one at a few months old. it must be very challenging for all of you to handle everything at once.

Jaslin, I admire ur patience man. I can't wait to see if everything is ok.

Happy mummy, high 5! I'm also testing often with HPTs. Think I have done about 7-8 so far. With my chemical pregnancies my test lines nv grew darker. My doc knows I'm like that hence he made me go for consecutive blood tests to check my hcg levels. If anybody wants a reference:

DPO12: 80.6
DPO14: 260
DPO19: 1700
DPO22: 8474

Ivy, Snakey, I dunno how I'm gonna manage with my baby being so young. Right now cos of my spotting I can't carry him. Ivy, I don't think many babies walk at 9 mths. Hope urs does. Mine shows no inclination to walk and he is soooo heavy!

hi fuzzy bear, ya i also had problem with faint line.. that why test so many time... my 1st test was only double line after a few hour, which when i goggle it was evaporation line... but the i have symptom of preggie, and when my 2 yr old latch, my nipple hurt so much... that i suspect preggie...

wat are those reference? is it hcg lvl in blood?

Happy mummy, I also experienced that for my first hpt. Faint line only appear aft about half an hr. And the second was only one line. Until I went to gp for my fever then I knew I was pregnant.

Today is a busy day. Run here run there no time to eat breakfast or lunch. Anyway ms so always no appetite for anything.

Hubby suggesting taking photo of my belly every month to see the progress. I know now its a size of a pea so the protruding portions are all my fats. Haha...

Thanks fuzzybear for highlighting self employed can get 2 months... that's really good news!

CZ, ha, I think I have it easy for now. My no.1 is 5 yrs old already, only time she really needs my help is wiping her bum bum after poo. But hor, I keep thinking when no. 1 in Sec 1, no. 2 will be in P1. Sweat ah!

Xuan though got ms but still must eat. Eating for 2 now. Take multiple meals but small portion of food each time. It helps.

Ankh a second chance to relive the first day of school for P1. Perhaps till then your eldest can help take care of didi / mei mei.
happy.gif

wow...so many postings! can't keep up.

ivy- wow! 7 months only! but i know of people whose no 1 is only less than 5 months and they conceive again. haha. xinku once and for all lor. after that you will see light at the end of the tunnel liao.

Qyla's mummy, y you kept on cleaning your master room toilet? hahahaha. win already leh, going to give birth liao still so active doing housework. haha.

This thread is moving tooooo fast!
Hello all mummies! Happy now there is a sizable group here where we can share ordeals, experiences and maybe baby shopping lobangs next time! Heehee

Happy mummy - congrats that you can see the sac! Great news! Wishing your lil one will bloom and bloom and heartbeat be heard next.

Want to ask FTWPM (full time working pregnant mum), have you told your employer? I'm at a dilemma now cos have to travel on 1Apr and doc has said to avoid, but I dun want to tell just to not go. How huh? Anyone has any bright ideas to share with me pls? I was hoping very much that I can tell only after 3 months. I have a sneaky boss, so not sure how he'll treat me, plus workplace v demanding, so at a loss...everyday worry now...

Also what do you girls take for your MS? I'm starting to reject my usual fave oily foods and keep on wanting to eat/drink spur stuff...so unlike my #1!! Sigh

Peanut seet, I can under your dilemia but I had already told him and he promise not to spread the news. In fact he appreciated the info as we need to make alternative arrangement on my job.

My ms is quite bad so my gynae gave me anti vomit pills which make me feel much better. Sour plum helpd too.

Ankh, I stay at Kovan too. Which gynea u going to?

Had very bad cramp throughout the whole of last nite. No spotting but I think I go see my gynea later. Just in case. Initially wanted to wait till 7 wks.

SN, hahahahah.. I don't why also. So funny when I think back. Think this time I will sleep until give birth. Only first trimester so tired already.

Peanut seet, I can't seem to take down rice. So I only eat very very small portions. Yes2 now that the group is gaining mummies we can share the best deals and experience. Btw, I've already told my boss. And because Im in the travelling line, I always have t trael t source for new places. So I need to tell her so she won't send me for trips overseas n meetings. But my manager gave black2 face one lor. No choice in workplace surely have one like that.

Bonkitty, sour plums is always in my bag now also. I dont get bad ms only dizzy spells. So at least the sour plums helps a little.

Mummychua, I got bad cramps too. But the girls here advised that it might be expanding of ur uterus and when I read up its true. I havent seen a gynae yet though coz still sourcing around. You might want to if you're worried.

Back