(2013/11) November 2013

Morning Mummies!
happy.gif

Peanut Seet, I have not told my boss. Still waiting for after 3mths. Maybe you can ask your doc write a letter stating that you are unfit to travel?

mummychua, pls take care and faster go see gynae

morning!

Peanut, i had no choice but to tell my boss. i go out on site pretty often. i have been spotting quite a bit hence had to tell her that i will be on mc. no choice lor. she seems ok.. it helps that i come from a very pro-family company so the people there are forgiving.

Qylasmummy, i can't eat rice either.. urgh.. the mere thought of rice makes me nauseated.

I am still spotting.. raaaaah!

Hi morning mummies! how many weeks are u all now tat some have already decided to tell your boss? Not sure shld tell my boss early cos i m involved in another project this year. i work in a small bank but my boss (female) drives us quite hard. She mentioned before that she is prepared for me to be pregnant. i m onli coming to 5 weeks..

i managed to visit the gynae yesterday. saw the sac
happy.gif
have not decided to tell my boss yet, hope to be able to keep it hush hush till 3 months

morning mommies!

Qyla's mommy, yah, i think i will sleep until give birth. so tired. i already went to bed at 10pm leh. but middle of the night will auto wake up a few times. sigh. im so tired.

This morning there was no water in the office. went to buy apple juice from cold storage. bad choice, apple juice seems to make me want to puke. feeling horrible now....

Hi kitkat, based on baby centre calculator, I am in my week 7. so far only hubby & my line dancing teacher know about it, because I am skipping lessons, and got her worried, so I told her about it, but asked her to keep to herself for the time being.

nowadays I need to wake up in the middle of the night to pee, anyone has the same experience? I remembered the same thing in my previous pregnancies as well, i think its to prepare me to get used to waking up in the nights to feed baby when baby arrives.

Hi mummies,

Wow this thread is very active now
happy.gif
And with so many experienced mummies i can learn from..

I'm a little worried cos woke up at 4 am having cramps.. I've been checking for any discharge or bleeding when i go toilet, fortunately there's nothing.. No more cramps now.. Only at 4 wks 6 days, do the cramps from expanding uterus start so early? I'm already on lotsa support cos it's an ivf pregnancy so don't think i'll go to my doc yet.. My 1st scan scheduled for next tue.. Praying all will be fine.. Seeing my tcm doc later..

Fuzzybear, Qylas mummy,

Same here, i find it so hard to eat rice.. But porridge seems better..

Peanut Seet - same case here, i have to go on a biz trip in 2 weeks' time.
My gynae advised me not to go and he even wrote a letter for me. But in the end i decide to go ahead with my trip because this was planned last year.
If i cancel now, there is no one to represent my department because i'm the only one going.
And also i do not wish to disclose my preg to anyone yet.. so no choice.

Morning mummies, seems like I'm one of those with the least symptoms. I can eat anything provided I'm not feeling bloated and except those food my hubby forbids me to eat. I miss drinking coke, chocolates and eating sashimi already. Wahahaha. Makes me wonder am i really pregnant. I'm also waking up during the night to pee. Usually 2-3 times. I'm reaching 7 weeks.

Hi third3timemum, i woke up twice last nite to pee. den cannot really sleep oso. mayb got alot of things on my mind zooming past.

Anyway mummies, today is International Happiness Day! So be happy and baby will b happy!

SN, i remembered hearing from my fren tat drinking ribena helps in ms.

During my #1's time, my job in my ex company requires me to travel at least twice a month. My gynae said it is totally up to me whether to travel because he says a good fruit will remain attached no matter what while a bad fruit will self dispel no matter how we try to protect. I decided not to travel cos i was having really bad ms such that i couldn't even keep down milo and biscuits. Told my boss so as to excuse myself from the travel and before i knew it, he told the whole world about it! super omgosh loh. so insensitive.

kitkat, ribena? I have a packet of ribena sweets. at first it helps but after eating more than 5, the taste in the mouth makes me want to puke too. i miss drinking coke too! cokeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

SN, same here!!! I eat the Scotts gummy. Also tastes nice at 1st and thought can curb MS. Suddenly a few more and really wanna puke.
Hahahaha.

min81> this maybe useful : http://www.babycenter.com.sg/a562886/wind-and-bloating-in-pregnancy

kitkat> thanks for the International Happiness Day!Wish you happy too!I also can't sleep well for past 2-3 weeks, a lot of things in my mind about this pregnancy, although we planned for a baby, but now that I'm pregnant, got mixed feelings, maybe there will be a lot of changes to current life. I also woke up once or twice these days, I hate being waken up less than an hour before my alarm sound, then its hard to get back to sleep again

xnruier, me too dont have much symptoms. some bloatedness, back ache and nausea only but did not puke once. i eat as per normal too, in fact i feel hungry so often im eating alot more than usual. lol

I wake up at night to pee a no of times too. So tiring. N yes, i miss coke too.

Xnruier, cannot eat chocolates? I have a big packet of cadbury in my drawer now. SN, my manager did the same thing to me yesterday. Told outsiders abt my pregnancy. Very insensitive.

Min81, don't worry too much ok. Go and see gynae first.

Third3timemum I feel the same way too. Mixed feelings. Worried that I cant cope with 2 kids and guilty that I will b dividing my attentions now.

morning mommies, is it normal to suddenly not feel any pregnancy symptoms? I am gg to be 7 weeks tomorrow. but yday and today all of a sudden i don't feel nauseated, my boobs not pain, my tummy not bloated anymore. even today, walking pass bakery shop doesn't make it nauseated. is this normal? i am worry.

har..y cannot eat chocolates and drink coke?
I know sashimi cannot cos it's raw..
any other forbidden foods?
Kindly enlighten me, thanks!

kayliz, hahaha! yah so now i still have quite alot of ribena sweets remaining. initially wanted to buy two packs. good thing only bought one.

Jasline, i think chocolate is ok because the caffeine content is very low. but usually during my 1st trimester, i find chocolates very nauseating. dunno y. perhaps it's the body's way to stop me from eating chocolates cos i really LOVE chocolates on normal days.

As for coke, it is mainly because of caffeine and also, coke has the ability to wash the toilet bowl clean, so i find it might not be good to drink.

CZ> I have worries too, if the baby is growing etc, as i think my ms is mild, vomitted few times, but usually after dinner, still feel bloated ( like gastric )can still eat normally, even fish, don't find fishy, wondering if I'm normal, and if the baby is growing well, very excited and anxious going to see my gynae for the 1st time on 22/3

Chocolates contain caffeine, though not as much as coke or coffee is also not very good for the baby. So I'll try not to eat. Eat some is ok for those who really can't control. Haha.

i have been quite conscious on what i eat. i hope bb is ok. ir really worries me.

xnruier, i have been curbing myself from drinking tea. heard there is something in tea which is quite toxic to bb that coffee doesn't have, so its best to avoid tea.

There's a taboo of buying bb clothes before end of 1st or 2nd trimester?
After 2yrs, forgotten all these.
I am coughing n on medication for 2 weeks. Worry bad for the family, myself n the bb.

Im still drinking coffee though. SHould drink decaf already. I really need coffee to b productive otherwise all I feel like doing is zzzzz in the office. SIgh. Bad mummy!

Good day to all mummies.

My pregnancy symptoms from diarrhea have now become bad morning sickness. At times transform myself into a "Merlion" and out goes all my meal. Started to makes friends with Ms Toilet Bowl. Seems more and more difficult to drag myself out of bed. Nausea feeling all day long. Still have to push myself go to work. So sian. Me being moody and blue. Praying to see my bb heart beat on the 30th march.

Qyla's Mummy: Time to stop drinking coffee le. lol

Ladies, may I ask any of u around six wks n wad do u see on the ultrasound? My gynae is scaring me to death. This is no2 but similarly she wasn't very assuring in no1. Let me share my story later on. She has diagnosed me with a missed miscarriage at 6 wks just through an US.

Oh my Jacquise. What happen? Usually around six weeks can see the sac right? If shes scaring you, you can maybe get a second opinion?

Op mum. Yeah time to stop.. Boohoohooo.. Will have to drag myself at work the whole day..

Qiuling I'm first time mum. My first appointment w the dr is on 1st april. i will be in my 8th week, so by right I should see the heartbeat. it's such an agonizing waiting period for me. still got more than 1 week to go... agonizing.

Xnruier, haven see gynae..I wan tahan until end apr then see gynae, hopefully can know gender by then.

thanks for the link!
best to avoid crabs..argh! seems like alot of seafood cannot eat..my fave tze char dishes bye bye
sad.gif

Jacquise: with my last pregnancy, also same case. Did your gynae ask u to do a blood test?
Did u do a v-scan?

Michelle: shd be able to hear already. I saw mine at 6W6D.

Michelle, by 6 weeks & 5 days should be able to see. I went for my scan thinking I was 7 weeks and end up my gynae say im only 5 weeks. So reschedue 2 more weeks till 30march lor.

By the way this is my second pregnancy. My Ist daughter coming to 4 years old this april. Hope the age gap not too wide
happy.gif

Jacquise, are u sure of ur ovulation date? If u are not then there's a chance u ovulated later hence can't see anything in US. Did ur gynae order blood tests? However if u are sure of ur dates, u shd at least see a sac at 6 wks. My chemical pregnancies did not show anything (I was dead sure of my ovulation dates) at 5 wks 5 days.

Re: food
I eat everything in moderation. Don't go overboard in any particular class of food. I take choc, crabs, coke and what not in moderation. The only thing I refrain is Chinese herbs.

Xnruier, your pregnancy symptoms reminds me of my first pregnancy. So easy to makan! Aargh, I wish this pregnancy was like my first one. True, each pregnancy is different.

mummychua, I'm seeing WK Tan at TMC. My mum, her sisters and my maternal grandma all see her. Not for giving birth la, more for women related health issues. Also I used to stay in whampoa. For the sake of my hubby and I in case we panic when labour started, I chose TMC cos it was so easy to get there.

Milo also has caffeine, i think because of the cocoa in it. Decaf coffee still has caffeine too! But very little. There is also a recommended limit for caffeine intake per day during pregnancy. If i remember correctly, caffeine causes uterus to contract, thats why tea n coffee not recommended for ttc periods. Probably same applies to pregnancies. My first pregnancy I self impose a rule of drinking a half cup of teh or kopi a day. Then I'll aim for the bigger cups lol. bb came out a-ok. But if want to be on safe side just avoid caffeine la.

Reproduced partially from mummy mintwy's post in oct thread:
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2013 - 6:31 pm:       
To all mummies having ms, hang on!
1. Have frequent small meals. Make sure they are of light taste. Strong tasting food may cause you gastric juice to react more even if u have cravings. It may result in more puking.

2. Separate all liquid and solid food. If you eat, don't drink the soup. If you really need to drink, wait for 20 min at least. Or drink some water 20 minutes before your meal. Food expand when they interact with water in our stomach, so we puke even more easily.

3. Keep a couple of dry plain crackers with you. Immediately when you wake up, take 2 pieces before getting off the bed. Rem, do not brush your teeth or drink water before that. The dry cracker will soak up your acid. For mummies like me who throw up even crackers, have plain white bread instead.

4. Stay away from food with diary product. That will include chocolate, butter etc. As our digestion slows down, these food stay longer in our gastric and will cause gas and quesiness.

5. (This is also from KKH) Sip plain water all day long. Try not to have gulps of water as it fills your stomach fast and cause quesiness easily. Esp of you feel like gagging, sip a mouth of water every minute. If you don't mind, sucking on ice cube is effective too. But don't do it too often.

6. If you can, go to the candy store and buy some candied ginger. Chew on it in small quantity to remove nauseasness and metallic taste.

From me: Points 1, 2 and 3 totally work for me
happy.gif

First scan I did on 5wks (based on scan) can see yolk in sac. Then I went bk 1 wk later she say water bag empty only like a small ovum. Did v scan too but tummy scan was clearer. First scan bladder was v full but 2nd scan not so. So I decided to go to another gynae at wk 8.

No 1 also saw only sac at wk 5 then wk 9 I returned. Foetus with heartbeat. My issue is she wasn't very assuring and keeps preparing me for the worst when there were no hcg tests or other tests done.

She seemed very prepared to do my d&c there n then. N told me to be prepared for it in the next consult. But I won't be going bk to her. Just wondering if 6 wks is too soon to my a diagnosis.

And of course I could only tap my toes and wait. See if I get to join u gals on this board. Haha.

Jacquise, week 6 can be a little too soon to see heartbeat. It all depends on timing of your ovulation. My gynae tends to not see any pregnancy until week 7. Usually should be able to see heartbeat by then.

Oth, I will forever be grateful to another gynae I saw for my second pregnancy. After measuring the egg, she showed me ultrasound scans of average measurements of egg at each week, and basically told me my egg was smaller that it should be. Got a shock but at least I was prepared that pregnancy would not be viable.

perhaps your first gynae wanted to pre-empt you, just her bedside manners not fantastic. If she discomforts you, then change gynae. They're gonna be staring at our private parts!

hello ladies! I finally can post in here! hehe i been popping in reading once in a while as a silent reader hoping to join all the mtb here... just tested bpf this morning :D and i still cant really believe it!

The clearblue digital shows preg 2-3 weeks... meaning its already 4-5weeks?? May i know what should i do next. I'm a 1st time mum no idea at all, hope to learn from all the mummies here
happy.gif

just got back from gynae. did a scan, doc can see the uterus thickening but sac not clear. im just at 4wks plus so not kanchong. but since im having bad cramp, dr worry abt miscarriage so give me oral progesterone. will be back 2 wks later for another scan hopefully can detect heartbeat then.

ankh, i'm seeing dr phua just at Kovan center. I lazy so just find one near my place. my #1 is also under him. an old fashion doc, generally nice but cannot expect him to hold ur hands and sayang lah. but hubby super worry keep asking dr if i should just stay at hm to rest. anyway i believe in faith. relax...

sifamily, i think 2nd or more time parent will be more relax abt buying things ba. everything is hand me down from #1. wait for sales ba. anyone knows the if there's any expo sales coming?

jacquise, take care and relax. do consult another gynae since ur current one let u feel so uncomfortable.

Back