(2013/07) July 2013

Sapphire,
Yah lor.. actually the crave only towards Mcspicy double haha.. I told hub and he said cannot everyday eat lah! Haha..

Linda,
I already had 1 cup of hot holick + 3 almond biscuits :X To compensate the lunch that I puked out earlier haha..

orangey,
ya, i pulled muscles during last tri before but so not early like this... guess the muscles are loosening for the journey to come...

linda,
i want cakes, but i cant take anything made from flour since last week. this baby don't like flour!
btw, check with your doc on the spotting, pink/red spotting is no good...

eleeen,
already given jab and pills for the bleeding.
so far so good and keeping my fingers cross everyday until my next check up.

Sapphire, I felt something on the tummy too. Thought was cramp.. Don't think skin will stretch so fast??

I m v hungry now too! Craving for snickers when I saw ppl eating it.. Lol

Coconut drinks too cooling for us now. Usually we drink ard 32 weeks of pregnancy.

Any mummies here with weird body clock? I kept waking up at 4 or 5am!!!

Orangey, I was forced to wake up to feed my #1 at that hour..
sad.gif

I remember sleeping a lot when I was pregnant with #1. Don't think I'll have the luxury with #2..

Coconut is too cooling now...

Orangey, same here! I'll toss and turn until 7am. Wanna sleep again but its time to go to work...

Tabbyz,
Aiyoo cause your #1 still young. You can slowly increase his feed amount and wean him off night feeds. I also had that agony when my #1 around 1+. He sort of self wean his night feeds lately too so I get more sleep but now that I'm pregnant with weird body clock, its back to sq 1. Haha..

E'leen,
You toss and turn, I will wake up and eat snacks haha.. After eating some snacks, I can go back sleep but that'll be like 530am where I need to wake at 645am @@

any mummies here taking progesterone? its advised to take at night but i keep forgeting, so i've been taking every morning with the folic acid. is it okay?

morning ladies,

for me, unless my gal need to go toilet, i will sleep thro, but my itch kept me awake or wake me up in the middle of the night.

E'leen,
Is it Duphaston? My gynae did not prescribed any for me but I was supposed to be on duphaston to induce menses so I actually went on it for a few days till I realized that I'm pregnant. The clinic nurse told me its safe to use duphaston while pregnant as it protects our pregnancy. I just finised my supposedly 5-day dose and stop. Going to ask gynae if I can continue to take on my next visit
happy.gif
Btw, mine was 2 tablets per day - Day 1x night 1x so I presume day should be fine.

I'm taking Utrogestan 100mg, another brand, higher dosage, I think... I read that its to 'an tai', prevent miscarriages, relax the uterus, reducing the cramps. Been taking it for previous pregnancies. My peabrain is getting smaller with each pregnancy, I keep forgetting to take it at night as advised. I think its because the hormones will make us sleepy, so best taken at night ba...

i was prescribed progesterone last fri when i have the staining.
gynae say is an tai yao, also to stop bleeding medicine.
i am taking twice a day.

Hi Ordolla, I keep feeling some pulling, also at my pelvic area.

Hi Linda, for the first time last night in 2 weeks I was able to sleep the entire night. You wanna check with your gynae on your rashes? My gynae gave me Neoderm and 1 aloe vera gel. My itch has been kept to a minimum since then.

Ladies.. do you all have a bump already?

sapphire,
i tried all kinds of cream.
i had this rash before i preg, but when i know i am preg, it became worst.

I threw up my lunch again sigh.. Hopefully baby gets all the nutrients from my reserves! Going to eat some wheat crackers to replenish nutrients for baby
happy.gif

Linda,
Me too having skin problems since teenage years. Will have very dry and scaly skins around my elbows and calves. My Dermatologist said its seems to be a mixture of Eczema and Psoriasis but more of Eczema since my family has history of ezcema. It didn't flare up during my pregnancy but it flared up during my breastfeeding period. My whole back thighs and calves were covered with dark scaly rashes really ugly. It went off slowly after I weaned my son off breastmilk.

My dermatologist said that eczema patients either get flared up skin problems during pregnancy or after depending on individual so guess yours is due to pregnancy. Got to hang on a while ok! For the sake of our babies, must jiayou!

orangey,
i throw up a bit of my lunch just now.
thank for the encouragement.

i have quite bad ezcema since child.
i inherite from my mum and my elder got it from me. have scaly skins. went national skin centre in my 20s and had it cure with tones of cethapil.
lotions and bath. after preg, lazy leow. then came back again and every now and then my rash will come back. sometime after cream ok but sometimes nothing can helps. just have to bear with it.

Linda,
The funny thing is ah, I threw up most of my meals but I am still gaining weight! Should I be happy? Hahhaa.. Already like 2kg weight gain!!! Hoping this pregnancy I will not hit the 21kg weight gain again. I'm hoping for max 13kg but not up to me to decides :p

#1 pregnancy, no fast food, no junk food everyday soupy niang tou foo still 21kg weight gain

i tink i gained ~22kg for my #1... i also hope this time round wun gain so much again. very demoralising... my legs like pig trotters (cos i had quite bad water retention), round nose and round face.. but i totally agree that bf-ing can lose all those weight. i lost all the weight gained and even managed to go 1-2kg below pre-preg weight in about 8-9mths.

btw who should i pm to join the fb group ah... i forgot liaoz... join fb easier to catch up w the discussions hehe...

btw i wanna ask did any of u went to do u/s scan at 6wks? did your gynae managed to tell u the edd ah? my gynae just tell me edd July. i was tinking maybe too small liao to determine the date?

Thomson & raffles hospital

Anybody did Oscar test at either Thomson or raffles? I was told that Thomson got to wait 1-2 weeks for results while raffles will give result immediately... Is that true???? Please advice soon asim planning to go for my Oscar test this fri. Wonder which to choose from.

If able to advice package rate will be the best... Heheh thanks!!

I confirmed my pregnancy thr the scan. Gynae able to tell me Edd in early jul. I was about 6 weeks then.

Awake at this hour. Any mummies can't sleep well too.

hi Orangey... I also have history of bad ezcema since young, no wonder my rashes / ezcema is so bad now.

Huh? Soupy niang do fu for your first pregnancy and you still gained 21 kg?

Hi HS, I did my ultrasound scan at week 6 too. Gynae was able to tell me my EDD date.

Ling,
Me woke up at about 430-500am too! It's been acting this way since I discovered that I'm pregnant. Not sure if its baby asking me to wake up and eat because that timing I'll be very hungry so usually I'll grab some snacks and go back to sleep...

Sapphire,
Yah lor. Basically for #1 pregnancy, my hub says me and baby very atas cannot eat food court food haha.. Whenever I stepped into any food court, I will throw up but bo pian for lunch time I have to eat niang tou fu soup everyday cause its the stall nearest to the exit and so smell is not that strong. I dislike my favourite chips and fries during that period as well so I think my diet very healthy except I drank a lot of sprite. That's the only drink that can help me keep my food down so maybe the weight gain came from sprite? Haha.. This pregnancy I am also turned off by food courts but I'm able to eat the food as long as I'm not in the food court physically. Kopitiam still okay because its more of outdoor while food court more of air conditioned and the smell all mix together. The thought of it already making me nausea :S

Yes, pregnancy hormones works 2 way. 1 - improves your skin condition or 2 - Worsen your skin condition. So jiayou okay!

Sapphire, I have eczema history as well. Now it jus flare up. Never touch also worsen. All the patches just look for sore and red. sigh..

Ling, I have been waking up earlier than usual too! Way before my alarm gone off...

I am having constipation. I heard it's not good to drink too much prune juice. Is there anything else that can help? It's hard to eat too many fruits for me. I can't stomach them without feeling bloated...

Had a terrible wake up jus now. Sit on the toilet bowl. Suddenly feel so terrible. Feel like vomiting, poo-ing, restless, no strength at the sane time! Combo!!!! Torturing moment!

After that l lied on the bed for awhile, things get better.

Hi everyone,
How's your day so far? Read that some of you don't seem to sleep well. I think that's quite the same for me....will surely wake at nite. But party is due to my son also..he tends to wake at nite too and need a while to get back to sleep. haiz...

Oh ya, anyone did Oscar's test at Thomson Medical before? My gynae also ask me to do so there...think like not much choice since he recommend..I'm not sure.

Sapphire, my EDD is ard 20 July..so looks like the few of us will be quite close...which hospital will you deliver at?

I have make appt for Oscar test at TMC in January. It's just a blood test or scan?? I am not very sure on that.

Hi Everyone,

Just came back from my first appt. EDD is slated for 25 July. But since this is #3, I guess could be earlier!

so far, MS symptom mainly nausea, have not progressed to actual puking. I say progress because for my #1, it was nothing, #2 there was nausea, no actual puking, but come with vertigo. So not sure #3 how.

Physical wise - zits on my forehead!! hoping that this is a girl, if the myths are to be trusted. Besides that, appetite poor, but always feeling hungry! but when come to eating, just can't seem to finish anything. Strange huh!

The sad thing is, I thought I'm done at #2, so have given away all my stuff, like breast feeding pillow (I find that a huge help), bb cot, pigeon steriliser, breast pump! gosh. had planned to go for IUD but kept forgetting to book appointments once i got my period. So here we are!

If you gals know anyone who have spare of the above to give away....let me know!! I find it a waste to buy for #3, cos for sure dun want #4!

orangey,
I cant stand the food court smell too! When IMM last night, walk past the food stalls (not food court), I also feel nauseous... For 2 days, I feel nauseous smelling the food that I tot I craved! Poor hubby and helper, gotta finish the extra food...

Velvet,
Hi! I'm expecting my #3 too!

E'leen,
Am craving for kway chap now haha.. Puked abit of my lunch earlier on. Felt guilty leh, so need to drink milo to replenish back nutrients for my baby hehe..

orangey,
my no 1 wt gain was because i love bread and biscuits. and it bring down my nausea.

me also cannot stand the food court smell. make me nausea too.
even my office toilet refresher make me have the puke feeling.

my gynae did u/s to cfm my pregnancy at 5 weeks.

today and ytd feel very nausea. wanna puke but cannot come out, end up so xin ku.

Orangey,
I tot I wanted fishball noodles for lunch, had 1 mouth and the sight of it turned me off... Bought a pau and red bean soup to snack later... Maybe you can buy some food for teabreak instead of crackers and milo? Jiayou!

Velvet,
my first 2 preg was enjoyable! at least, that's what I remembered of them. This one eats like a king, fusses like a princess! When I'm with my girl, everyone tot its a boy cause I look uglier, when its my boy, people tot its a girl, cause I look better... This one, my skin suddenly became dry and flaky...

My girl is 2.5 and my boy is 1.5!

Linda, sometimes I also dont know if its a blessing that I feel nauseous, cant puke it out so that bb got the nutrients or its a bad thing cos the tummy feel so uncomfy and bloated.
sad.gif
i guess we gotta endure until our honeymoon period comes! jiayou!

Linda,
Bread and biscuit sounds ok leh. My cousin puts on 25kg mainly cause she loves fast food and she eats like 8 meals a day.. can finished 1L of HL milk within mins. Our diet consider normal liao lah hahah..

When are you mummies going for your next appt?

E'leen,
Lucky I only puked out a bit cause most of the time, I'll puke out almost 3/4. My mum said 麥片is very good so I usually drink a cup when I feel I need to boost nutrients. Guess tomorrow onwards, I'll eat 1 hardboiled egg per day to boost protein. I read in a book that pregnant women should take 1 egg a day for protein intake which can help to grow more meat on our babies.

eleen,
my gynae said that it is good to feel nausea and vomit. dun need to worry that bb is not taking the nutrients. cos all these indicates that the bb is doing well inside. if no sign, then not very good actually.

now i rather i puke. cos "meng" inside, not out not in.. very uncomfortable. tonight still got wedding dinner to attend.

orangey,
bread and biscuits are carbo. that's where my wt goes up so much.

my next appt will be next sat 8 dec.

orangey,
I shall try eggs tomorrow too! I'm going for wk8 appt on sat for bb's heartbeat.

linda,
I seldom puke, and if I do, I feel very lousy. True that the feeling now is not good either... So far only 2 occasions that I actually feel comfortable after a meal, first was KFC ultimate filler box (less the bread) and the other was yesterday' breaky of tasteless mee hoon... speaking of which, i'm craving more mee hoon now...
sad.gif

Hi there, new here! Happy to see so many new mums!
I went to see doc on 25th nov. Didn't do any test cos it is too early. Had Light pink bleeding from 28th nov afternoon to 29th nov. Went to see doctor urgently. Did virgina scanning and can see a tiny baby. Got a jab and was advised to take utragestan. And did blood test. Will need to go back again on sat 9 am. Hope everything is fine by then!!! Pray pray!!
This is my first pregnancy. Any mum has experience of bleeding at this early stage??

hi mummies...

joining u ladies for the journey of joys ...

tis is my 2nd pregnancy... my gal now 19mth ...

had bleeding since 15nov ... til now stil hv some blood stain ...

went NUH A&E but was only given Duphaston ...

hv not select on any gynae ...

hope will hv smooth journey from here

It's not my first pregnancy but it will be my first baby! *cross my fingers everything will go on smoothly this time!

Had a really bad start of the day today, couldn't wake up, really giddy and felt like vomitting along the way to work. so much for no symptoms..=(

Hope it gets better...

Back