(2013/07) July 2013

It's my no 2 too. I'm afraid my no 1 will get jealous when baby arrives and mummy has to be shared. My no 1 just turned 2, and gets super jealous whenever I carry other ppl's babies. Really hope he will accept and love his new sibling.

Caryl, I know ms is really no joke. Had it real bad during my first pregnancy. Just hang in there, take e anti nausea pills from gynae and try to do things u like to take ur mind off the nausea.

hi Sapphire05,

no brand for the folic acid.
just go to unity and ask for their folic acid.
now they come in a box (their unity packaging).
100 pills for $3+ only.

its alot cheaper than buying from gynae.

me have very itchy rashes from next down. front and back of body for almost 1 mth leow. check with gp and even my gynae, both said not due to preg. i have been scratching almost every night for the past 1 mth. countless scars leow.
hope it will go off soon. even the itchy medication that both gp and gynae gave, din helps.

as for the morning sickness, todate, i just feel nausea same as my 1st preg. esp when feeling hungry. hope this remains till the end of my 1st tri.
taste bud flat and smell everything also not nice.

Ya sapphire, my gynaes supplements r quite costly too. I can only find blackmores folic acid in the pharmacies. Which brand u using Linda?

hahaha.. agree that hubby will now be no. 3!

When I first discovered the pregnancy, I was so upset because it wasn't planned and I was just getting my life back now that #1 is over 1 year..

But yea, it is God's blessing and we are truly blessed to be given another child so I thank God for this.. Now I'm so excited about #2's arrival even though it's so early still!! Can't wait to see him/her in two weeks' time!

I'm only taking folic acid now. Bought from Guardian pharmacy. Gotta take extra care on my diet and exercise now!

monster,
the unity folic acid is 5mg per pill.
before preg, i took 1 pill every day.
now preg, my gynae ask me to take 2 pills cos of my age(i am 35) and my previous history of early staining.

Thanks for sharing Linda
happy.gif
. Will go Check out unity.

Orangey, something like that ba, just be more sensitive to his feelings...

I'm paying $7 for 30 tablets of Folic Acid from Gynae. Pyrisoxine Hydrochloride BP (sustained release) 50mg, Folic Acid BP 2.5mg.... The Progesterone is $15 for 15 pills...

Eleen, that's more than double the price! I got it at $3.55 from Guardian for 50 tablets of 5mg!

It's by Drug Houses of Australia.

Linda, I just saw your post! $3+ for 100 pills of folic acid is very cheap! I'll go scout for it in Unity once mine finishes.

I didn't have MS for #1. Praying the same for #2! Only ate and ate. I remembered eating two MacDonald's meal at one go! Gained so much weight on myself and baby was tiny. I tell myself not to over eat with #2 now.

Hi Linda, thanks for sharing! I shall get mine from Unity once I finish my new batch of folic acid from my gynae.

Hi Orangey, you are right! It's my first pregnancy
happy.gif

Hi Monster, when I was trying, I was also consuming the folic acid from Blackmores.

Hi Linda, I told my gynae about my rashes and she gave me Neoderm and also a aloe vera gel. When I saw her the very first time, I told her that I had a very bad backache and she gave me a very good cream which the pain went away after I used it for 2-3 times.

tabbyz,
ya, is supper cheap.
my no 1 i also brought from there when i see what my gynae giving me is the same.
save a lot on that. every cents counts. hee...

when i have my no 1, i put on 20kg. its so horriable.
i tell myself this 2nd preg, i must try to maintain. hope i can! hahah

sapphire,
i tried all kind of cream and medication. i apply aloe vera gel like dun need money. also no help.

Hi Linda... then when did the rashes subside? I have very bad rashes
sad.gif

I also have a cold for nearly 2 weeks.. didnt take any medication so just have to bear with it.

I put on 15kg! Could've been more if not for my early delivery.. Waterbag broke at 37.5weeks..

Didn't lose the weight until I stopped breastfeeding. Was eating and eating when I was bf-ing cos scared bb not enough nutrients..

Super huge appetite for #1. I must control for #2!!

Tabbyz,
15kg is okay leh!! I gained 21kg for my #1!! From 4X to almost 6X almost hitting 70kg scary. The thing is I didn't overeat cause I had not much appetite but I was shun off by anything green and non-meat so yeah, no greens, only fish, meat for me! Took me 1 yr to resume my pre-preg wt too cause was breastfeeding but good thing is, when you breastfeed you eat so much without gaining any weight. In fact, I think I lost about an avg of 0.5-1kg per mth while breastfeeding! This time round, I'm hoping that I can breastfeed slightly longer if possible though. #1 breastfed till he turns 1year old.

#2 cravings - Kept wanting to eat Mcspicy double haha..

sapphire,

i am still scratching every now and then.
its suffering.
me sudenly having cold today.
nose running... body itch... gosh... what's more! please end here.
i am taking zytec for my flu. safe for preg.

tabbyz..
i cannot imgain if i din pop at 38 weeks.
my wt pile up during my 1st tri actually. 3rd tri actually slow down.

din really bf my no 1, milk supply stop ard 8 weeks.

Hi Monster, I agree with you totally! I don't have much symptoms too so I also took 2 home test to make sure. Hahha

Hi Linda, I have rashes too. But mine was ezcema. I have that all along but it aggravated during pregnancy. Oozing out liquid too. Previously I asked my dermatologist, he said chloreophramine (e yellow flu tablet) is fine as a anti-histamine but I don't quite dare to take yet.

My temperature is higher than usual. But not really having fever. Just feeling warmer. Do u gals feel e same? Is it normal or am I falling sick?

orangey,
lucky you to loss off your kg.
i hit 70kg also before i pop my no 1.
4kg more to loss actually but the 4kg seem eternaty. before i can loss off, i pile another 6 kg over last 5 years.
supper sad.
hope this no 2 i can bf and loss more. also hope i will not gain so much. pray pray....

ordolla,

i have ezcema too... but this time round this itch is killing me.
having sleepless night over the itch.
the yellow pills cause drowiness right?

i think its pretty normal to have higher temperature during preg. dun worry too much.

Hi, are u all still having ms? So far, I m only feeling bloated n nausea at times but no much puking. My breasts r not sore as before. Is this considered normal?

Linda,
No worries, breastfeeding is a calorie killer. It may seems slow but its killing 2 birds with 1 stone. One hand you are giving your baby the best milk on earth, on the other hand, losing weight too! I remembered reading that every 20 or 30ml of breastmilk burns 30 calories. That means if one were to pump 1L of milk a day, she burns off 1000 calories already!!

I was really very hardworking to pump for #1 back then. Hope I will continue to have the motivation to pump for #2. Pumping every 3hrs works so well to increasing milk yield. I was pumping 1-1.5L/day on a regular basis of 3 hours interval. Tiring but worth the effort!
happy.gif

Sapphire, I've also been suffering from a bad cough and running nose e past week. Not taking any med either. My no 1 just started childcare and bringing home all sorts of bugs every week! Now flu season too, everyone at home is sick.

Ordolla, I think we r v v lucky to not have any symptoms. For my first pregnancy I suffered e whole 9 months so I'm surprised this time seems different.

orangey,
i really hope i can bf this time round to loss calories.

just finished my lunch. smell curry and had curry noddle for lunch. satisfied but like not v filling! opps!

This thread is moving very fast!
happy.gif

I have both zrytec and chloropheramine at home. It's safe to take during pregnancy?

Hi Babystar... I have no morning sickness except rashes.

Sapphire,
Chlorpheniramine is safe for pregnancy. Don't worry. I took that for pregnancy #1 cause was down with flu quite often
happy.gif

E'leen,
Same, had a plate of fried macaroni and I think the toilet bowl is waving at me
sad.gif

See, just 5 mins after I posted I threw up everything
sad.gif
Btw, how much have you guys gain? I've gained 2kg already!

Thanks Linda and Orangey.. Im going to the GP to get the flu medicine. CAnnot tahan with a blocked nose anymore. hahaha...

Hi Orangey, I have gained near 1kg.

I have a huge bump though. Ive googled and gynae said the same thing - it's gas and it's bloatedness. But still, I can no longer fit into my fitted dresses and there is a bump showing (gas or not gas).

Sapphire,
Good good.. they said that during our 1st trimester, our avg weight gain will be between 1-2kg per mth. I guess we are still on the right track. Think I must control diet also, cause kept wanting to eat MCD! LOL!

Yes, go see your GP or gynae if u really feel unwell
happy.gif

orangey,
bb dun like the food.

me went gynae at 5 week then 1 week later went back cos of staining. gain 200g.

hope i can control my wt this time round.

I am not having much symptoms other than occassional cramps.. But my cramps is like someone poking me with a sharp pencil tip. Is that normal huh?

Maybe I should go get another pregnancy test kit.. The one I did last week showed only a faint line..

Linda,
My #2 loves MCD - Mcspicy especially hahaha.. Thats the only meal I can complete without throwing up but I dont think I can eat MCD everyday. So heaty and it'll add to my constipation >.<

hihi mummies .. i keep having the nauseous feeling today, arrggh. feeling tired and sleepy. visited gynea last week and EDD is 05 July 2012 for my #2.

Sally: I will like to join the private grp. please add me to FB. I will pm you shortly.

orangey,
wow...
my no 1 i love the kaya butter white bread. i can easily finished half a loaf.
that's where my wt pile very fast during my 1st preg.
this time round, dunno what to eat, smell or think of what then i go buy and eat.

littledarling,
i feel nausea almost all day.
with my running nose now. i look like a zombie (panda eyes) and a clown (red nose)

Yea, like PMS cramps but occassionally got sharp poking. Not very painful, just uncomfortable..

I thought spotting is only during implantation? They call it implantation bleeding. Not sure if it's alright if we have spotting now. If I remember correctly, spotting could be a sign of early miscarriage. Better to call your Gynae and see what he/her says.

I'm still bloated, even after 3 hours after lunch. I want to eat yet feeling nauseous... I have slight cramps and pull my muscle yesterday...
sad.gif

E'leen,
Aiyoo.. take care! I get your meaning of hungry yet nauseous! Practically feeling that way during weekends too.. We must jiayou!

I also have some brown stain this morning, think coz I sneezed too hard. I stopped having stains after my gynae gave me a jab during my week 4.

Is there a FB group here?

I also have a little cramp here and there occasionally.. like something is pulling inside.

Hi Orangey, so cute.. you keep wanting to eat McDonald? You have craving? I dont have any form of craving.

Hi Linda.. you have pinkish spotting? Have you seen your gynae already?

Yah, I also read that brown spotting is ok. But not the pink to red ones.

orangey,
me hungry leow. eating pandan cake now...

sapphire,
yup, went to gyane at the first sign of bleeding.
given a jab and bu yao to stop the bleeding.
heart almost drop when gyane told me that not a good sign and tell me is a threat for miscarriage.

me also feeling some pulling at adorminal area.

Back