(2013/06) June 2013

Hair on tummy

Old wives tale..u r expecting a boy..I have for both pregnancies..

Cl

Wat to ask when u wanna book cl ?i only have 1 thing in mind..must b pro bfeedin..I dun want one tt say ur supply so low..I give nb fm

Opps.. i never ask leh... its through word of mouth recommendation that i booked my CL. For the first birth i do not have a CL. So this time round i want to pamper myself by having a CL.. Hope it will turn out to be good.

wy_june: Can you include me for the info on rice wine? thanks alot!

zoers: hehe yea I thought better be kiasu and register for IFC early as I have heard of stories where the wait was long. I need to go back to work after ML and there is no one (parents and in law) to help me care for the baby after that so it is quite a big worry for me

KIS: I hope the old wives tale is true! hehe

mommies, any other recommendations on breast pump? My colleagues say medela freestyle is good but I find it quite ex. Wondering how much discount will it have during taka baby fair or to buy 2nd hand, buy US model or buy other brands/models. hmm hmm..what else do I have to buy/prepare for the baby? Sorry ya, this is my first pregnancy and I am totally clueless. Need to do alot of reading

may
You may consider ameda breast pump. Think slightly cheaper. Since this is your 1st child, i feel that for now you can invest in a good breastpump. If like me already #3, don't need to invest in such a good one coz will be wasted. After that might not be giving birth again.

Need to prepare the following:
- milk bottles
- sterilizer for milk bottles
- 1 new set of clothes for bb to wear when discharge
- boots n mittens
- brush to wash milk bottles
- detergent that is use to wash specially for bb clothes only
- Thermo Flask for hot water when going out
- Handkerchief
- Baby wipes
- Oil for stomach
- Shampoos etc lar.

As time goes by you will get more.

I have lines on my tummy also for my 2 pregnancy and as time goes by the lines are much more obvious. Maybe there is some truth to the old wives tales.

KIS
Think alot have already book their CL. Personally, i feel that the best time to book a CL is after 3 mths where our pregnancy is more stable already.

May,

Personally I dun feel e price at taka bb fair is tt cheap..they just mainly throw in more freebies or in a bundle pack..

For mi,I bought my pigeon breast pump 2nd hand fr smh..it was lightly used..new set cost 258..I bought at 120..

A lot to buy for nb
1)cot or playpen(bedding set,pillow,bolster)
2)clothing(short n long sleeve shirt n pant)
3)milk bottle
4)towel,handkerchief
5)mitten,bootie,sock
6)washing stuff(laundry detergent)
7)bathing stuff(shampoo,shower foam,powder,bath tub)
8) sterilizer
9)breast pump,milk bag or bottle
10)blanket n receiving towel fr hospital
11)diaper

I can only rem all things on hand..cos using everyday..

12)thermal flask
13)bb wipe(I rarely used..always wash with water)
14)nappy rash cream
15)nail clipper
16)bb milk bottle brush
17)ru Yi oil

Kome

I dun have line for #1..look like not for#2

I m looking for one now..scare fully booked..now 15w3d

KIS
I have for both my sons and it is very very obvious by late 2nd trimester lor.

Think you better start to book 1. Alot of good ones will be taken up very fast.

May to add on the list
Bath tub
Diaper cloth or burp cloth
Wash cloth
Thermometer
Stroller
Carrier

Some items can slowly buy some need to be prepared in advance

Can be overwhelming for first time mummies

Find it quite enjoyable to go shopping for nb as a first time mummy last time. Alot of things to buy.

Carrier also

tangbai
I will only start buying at around end March or April. Too early later no space to keep. Now i slowly buying some liquor to keep first.

last time i went to baby kingdom at kaki bukit area...they got a checklist for BB things.

So far, hubby bought allerhand BB bag inside can put all the things, inclusive of diaper changing mat... and all the compartments are removable so next time BB grows can become school bag or wat lar...

I am planning to start shopping on big ticket items like stroller, BB carrier, playcot after Xmas or perhaps during taka fair or wat. Started to source for places that got sell good quality items...

Gosh i see the list i feel faintz... hahaha sooo many things to buy. but also enjoyable to choose and select la..

I tink I better start to research on IFC soon...

Girl Girl
I am more kiasu. When my son 5 mths normally i will let him wear about 12 mths clothes. For boys wear bigger clothes still ok and can last slightly longer.

I doubt I have much to buy only milk bottles and maybe few new clothes and socks .

The rest all can use from my #1

I think for clothes some pantang will wait till at least 20 weeks then buy

Hi All, i'm new here, now 12 weeks+. Will find time to read this thread and learn from all of you.

I went to the gynae in Week 5, right after getting a positive on the pregnancy test kit and after hearing from my TCM doctor that i'm weak. Got quite worried as I was having some slight stomach discomfort at that time.

I guess I'm doing quite ok now. I'm wondering why is there no leave from work given for moms to be to rest in the first trimester since it's the "risky" period. hmm...

Here're my info:
Edd: 20 June 2013
Gynae: Dr Fong Chuan Wee
Hospital: Gleneagles
Baby #1

Hi Estaefran!

I am trying to pte message you but unable to do so. Want to get your feedback and experience about Dr. Fong. I am using him too and about to sign the package later on this month.

If possible, drop me a line at [email protected]

Thanks! :)

Vivi> yah normally after 20th weeks then buy clothes... pantang or not i dunno la.. but is more of u can be sure of the gender then will know what colour/design to get
happy.gif

Thanks all for welcoming me
happy.gif

I just heard from my relative that medela pump is supposed to be better than Philips but my friend used single medela pump end up din work well for her.

Hi windy, could you add me to the table?

Edd: 19 June 2013
Gynae: Dr Lawrence Ang
Hospital: TMC
Baby #1

Thanks!

Done!

<table border=1><tr><td>No.</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>baby #</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Location</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Shan991</TD><TD>1-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Zoers</TD><TD>1-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr KK Ho</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>North/ West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Angel Ho</TD><TD>3-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Irene Chua</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>sf8</TD><TD>3-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr TM Chua</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Girl^Girl</TD><TD>3-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Khoo CK</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>KIS</TD><TD>3-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Don Wong</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>PL (babybp)</TD><TD>3-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>yveyve18</TD><TD>3-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>ica</TD><TD>3-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>wy_june</TD><TD>4-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Geraldine Tan</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Jessica Tham</TD><TD>5-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr June Tan</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>pinkberries84</TD><TD>5-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Serene</TD><TD>5-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>My-Angel-Is-Back</TD><TD>6-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Choo Wanling</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>GlenE/ Mt A</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Estherlss</TD><TD>6-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Blurdopey</TD><TD>9-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Fong</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>9-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>may</TD><TD>10-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Kang Wee</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>June</TD><TD>11-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>valerie chen</TD><TD>11-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Han</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>FL</TD><TD>13-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Yeoh</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Felicia Neo</TD><TD>13-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Fong</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>pillow4</TD><TD>13-Jun-13</TD><TD></TD><TD># 1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>KL84</TD><TD>14-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>rosellecz</TD><TD>14-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Kome</TD><TD>15-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Jen SW</TD><TD># 3</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>missy</TD><TD>15-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>grace82</TD><TD>15-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Windyrain</TD><TD>16-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Kang Wee</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>mummy_relle</TD><TD>16-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Vincent Lee</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Tangbai</TD><TD>16-Jun-13</TD><TD></TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Northwest</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>happy_gal</TD><TD>16-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Cynthia Kew</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>jasmine</TD><TD>17-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr TM Chua</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Qayn</TD><TD>18-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>xp</TD><TD>18-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>corinang</TD><TD>19-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Lawrance Ang</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>mummync</TD><TD>19-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>estaefran</TD><TD>20-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Fong</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>absentmama</TD><TD>21-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD># 3</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>Hazel</TD><TD>22-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Lee K. W</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>Janiz</TD><TD>23-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>lilac</TD><TD>23-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD># 3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>chloe_ng</TD><TD>25-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Lee</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>dolliepollie</TD><TD>25-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Lawrance Ang</TD><TD># 3</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>Chevelle</TD><TD>27-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Koh Cheng Huat</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>gymie</TD><TD>27-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>Vivi</TD><TD>28-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Geraldine Tan</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>wendy (w_w)</TD><TD>29-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD># 2 &amp; # 3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>Ann C</TD><TD>29-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr John Yam</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>Joanne Au</TD><TD>30-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Kang Wee</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

I just went for check up this evening. Doc say 90% it's a Boy!
I'm a first time mum too. so many things i dunno what to do or prepare...
My friend recommended her CL, Called her few weeks ago but she say it's too early to confirm now, ask me to call her back in Jan. =(
And infant care.. have to ask my MIL if need a not..
And the things to buy... *faint*
everyday after work so tired already, husband also dun wanna help on these things, only wanna play game.

thanks windy!

zoers: congrats! my CL was recommended by my friend and is booked all the way till next May when she informed me a mth back. so I had to book her pretty fast when I got my OSCAR done last mon, else CL will be chopped by others liao

Joanne

Bb boy gender u noe easier cos can see e small Didi

Big item stuff

Stroller and cot..u can buy now n ask them to deliver nearer to ur edd..will not occupy space n collect dust

Small item stuff

Buy over e weekend..better to b completed before 3rd Tri..by 3rd Tri..still can buy things but u dun feel good..get Hb to involve then share e joy..now Xmas season,a lot of sales..
This week also got bb fair at expo

Zoers
Understand your feeling. My husband also the same.
sad.gif
I force him to make milk for the kids at night only, the rest of the housework he is lazy to do and help out lor. How many wks are you now? So fast already know the gender?

KIS
Know the exact date for the bb fair at expo? If got the time might get the sterilizer and milk bottles to keep first.

I will not be buying cot. Mainly will be letting bb to sleep on the mattress and occasionally in yaolan.

KIS
Thanks. Scare dunno will it be too early to get them or not. If not need to wait till Mar for another bb fair right?

Wah Zoers congrats I also hoping for a boy ....

But I think I can only wait for next year to know the gender since my Gynae appointment is only until 9 jan 2013. Long wait but next week is my detailed scan...

Second trimester is the best time to buy because that time not so lethargic and stomach not too big but still can do research now ....

Hi Fefe,
I've updated my settings, should be able to receive messages now. will drop you an email shortly.

I'll be doing my oscar test tomorrow. Just recovered from a nasty flu that lasted 10 days. hope all goes well.

Kome
But detailed scan long long wait leh week 20 odd
happy.gif

Gynae did say next appointment at 9 jan maybe can try to see gender if baby is cooperative

haha.......any way detailed or OSCAR scan, there might be a chance to know the gender. My gynae told me the earliest to know the gender is around 14 wks onwards.

KIS
Ya lor, you are the earliest to know bb gender. Hopefully my gyane able to tell me bb gender when i go for my check up at the end of this mth.

Now week 15 +.. Next month doing detail scan le. The nurse say after next month appointment can sign package le and choose hospital. I think now too early to buy leh. Maybe march then buy?

been curious; when's the earliest week on average then will know the bb gender?

mine gender scan appt will be end of jan =( long wait...

Kis
Yours is super early

Kome
Ya lor also depending on baby 's position . But my Gynae always emphasized gender is the most exciting to know but not the most important. Most important must be a healthy baby

Tangbai
Earliest to know if baby is cooperative is about week 14. Boy normally can see faster. Last time my girl I only got to know when about week 18 because every time I tell her we going Gynae let us see your gender she will close tightly. Until one appointment we keep quiet then she don't know we scanning then the legs big big.

Detailed scan is to further confirm the gender but the sonographer will only tell you it's 90% accurate. Some people I heard even detailed scan also very hard to tell gender due to baby not cooperative..

Back