(2013/05) May 2013

Giny: 6 - 10 is quite an amt. Must wash daily alr if I intend to use. I think I will just stick to diapers in that case. Those nappy cm use for other purpose alr.. No choice. I saw one swaddle that is something like the the nappy's material except its bigger in size.. I not intending to get CL. My family will be doing confinement for me.. So don't really wanna trouble them.

Nlimm: so far I only know maclaren. The rest I not so sure and still contemplating which brand and model to get. I want those can use for infant den when baby bigger alr can convert to stroller.

I bought my at baby fair, those plain ones 6 pcs selling for 12, while those with designs 6 pcs selling for 14. Ntuc Gt sell those cloths nappy?

Appt:
Mine was also 4 weeks apart . Worse is scanning only two months once . They only listen to bb heartbeat . . I intend to request to c the baby every visit .

Pram: ok I think pram can wait until bb is born .

wrt prams:

what griny said's pretty true, bigger wheels will be easier to move ard on uneven grounds.. have done a bit of study on strollers.. =p

Quinny Buzz: bulky but gd tt bb can slp with their legs up etc.. coz some of the strollers with recline, ya'll see older kids slping with their legs bent downwards on the footrest.. seat can face inwards and outwards..

Quinny Zpp: non recline, compact fold, can bring around but not exactly lightweight.. seat faces outside only..

Quinny Zapp xtra: can recline and can be used with existing Zapp frame (just remove the seat fabric fr the frame) with adaptors, but when keeping the stroller, hafta remove the seat unit and keep it separately.. seat can face inwards and outwards by changing the seat position.. 2 position when facing parents and 3 positions when facing outwards..

Quinny Zapp xtra with folding seat: newest model for Zapp, allowing the compact fold that Zapp has but with the recline functions tt Zapp xtra can offer..

Maclaren Volo: lightweight stroller of 4+kg (without hood etc), if add hood etc, mayb 5kg? umbrella fold as with Maclaren strollers.. gd to bring ard when on overseas trip etc.. but only bad pt's there's no recline function.. Another thg is tt the catch to secure the stroller when folded if kinda small.. have tried putting in one plush stroller cushion to make the seat more comfy for kiddo but ended up, it made the stroller slightly 'fatter' and the catch cannot latch on.. =( all of Maclaren strollers face outside only..

Maclaren Quest: Quite good, with 3 (or 4??) recline function, usu suitable from 3mths (or 6mths??) onwards.. there's this carry strap on the stroller too so tt it can be carried along when folded..

Maclaren Techno XT: suitable from newborn onwards, heavier.. canopy can be removed.. find tt tis abit risky as in there's like no headboard on top of the seat, so if remove the canopy and one were to go up on the escalator on it, then dunno if bb'd slide out.. (think most likely nt bah, but just worried tho...)

seebaby: there's 2 versions of the seebaby, one without the recline and can be folded almost flat.. then another's can also be folded almost flat but with recline.. due to the compact size, if the toddler is pretty tall, then the leg rest doesnt really serve its purpose coz the legs'd be longer and dangling there..

capella: also has 360 degrees turn for some of the model.. seat's more plush and comfy.. suitable for newborns. =) handle bar can be turned to let bb face outwards or inwards.. If only the front wheels can turn and when the handle bar is turned to let the bb face the parents, basically one would be using the back wheels as the front's.. then turning radius'd be v big and hard to navigate..

combi: know of someone who has the combi pram and saw it topple over when the grandma hanged stuffs on the handle bar and then the kiddo was standing up in the stroller and facing the back for the grandma.. the stroller then toppled over due to the weight.. gd thg's tt there's lotsa plastic bags with stuffs inside, so sorta cushion the toppling over and the kiddo din cry..

cloth nappies: have bot some bumwear for use this time round and tried on the training pants for kiddo, kiddo seems to like the design or the pants and the material's soft and plushy to the touch.. just tt when washing need to remember to remove the inserts fr the bumwear.. then there's diff buttons to adjust accordingly to suit kiddo's growing needs.. =)

cloth nappies: like what bkk did, we also used it to line the bed, line the pillow to absorb the sweat (so tt the pillow wont turn yellow etc) but din really use it as what they are supposed to be used for.. =p

food4love: me slps in aircon room. Cannot stand the heat already cannot on fan.

Shirley: me use cloth nappies. Like bb slp use cloth nappy as pillow as bb still can't use pillow yet. Then use cloth nappy to wrap the then swaddle them so they dun catch cold and when showering bb after undress bb I will use cloth nappy to wrap first. Yup according to wat I know the detailed scan result will be out very fast. My detailed scan on 14 Jan, gotta wait long long long.

Chiro: I'm using the cloth diaper, not too bad to use quite easy to clean but gotta note there is certain kind of washing powder that can be used to wash otherwise will spoil the cloth diaper which will cause the diaper to lose the absorbency. But I only recommend use like when bb is awake, when bb slps I'll still use diaper coz cloth no matter how will still feel the wetness. Actually for my #2 he's still using until now (14mths) coz he got sensitive butt.

Pram: dun really recommend the peg prego piko pk3. Thou its quite spacious, sturdy and big basket at the bottom but I find it quite heavy esp sometimes have to swing quite hard in order for the stroller to open so sometimes u can't open the stroller. And it's actually quite warm for bb. I have to use 3 fan for my boy. And the shade is quite short compare to combi and Capella.

Doc help to save money. I think scanning is optional

When u all say combi, mean is use from
Bb to toddler huh? I intend to buy one all purpose .- can use from bb to toddler to save money.

I saw those high type like car seat type but this one is only for very young bb only right?

If go nearby can just bring the bb carrier? Stroller is for long journey/ distance ?

I see people wrap the bb with the cloth diaper when they sleep.
Can prevent the bb from startling himself or herself

Bewildered: that's really detailed in prams. I know there is a mummy here quite a fan of stroller. Knows quit abit of prams /stroller etc. Which prams are you using? I am like jc, wanna get those multi purpose one. Haha..

Esther: really salute you!! Do you Do the washing everyday?? I fell so lazy if Gt to wash. My detailed scan is on 24 Dec. Waited 6 weeks for my scan. Finally its left with a week to go. The result will know on the very day itself? Cos it will be my gyne doing it for me

Hi mummies, I use diaper clothes for swaddling my first and it's very useful, easy to wash and quick to dry too. Much better than swaddle me ones imo.

I am using mcclaren techno xt for my boy. Used to be quite useful when he was younger but must be careful as it may topple with heavy bags without bb in it. Also, it's quite difficult to close if you are alone with baby as you need to bend down and all. Heard peg perego is good and steady but too heavy while combi also tends to topple with heavy bags but is easy to handle while alone with bb. So depends on your usage i guess.

Am still feeling bloated, no appetite and throwing up. Hope I can start eating more soon!

Shirley: I just dump into the washing machine and wash together with the towels and hankie. I'm not so hardworking to handwash.

Yup will know the result on the spot.

I need to wait for 5wks to ny next visit to gynae cum detail scan.

Shirley: Yar, heh heh, I read on the reviews but can't rem who.. I rem tt ya asked abt Joolz right? =) Have tried frens' stroller before, so agar agar know hw it functions etc and loves to read up on the strollers too.. =) There's a seller in the bp selling the new quinny zapp xtra with folding seat, tempted to get.. but tis like alr have pram ler still buy.. heh heh, still undecided.. When we had #1, we just got a lucky bb stroller coz figured tt no pt spending on stroller, then tt stroller only allow the bb to face out, then tink bb gets startled v easily, plus parents' voice are at the back etc, dunno if bb can hear us anot.. then aft tt got the capella with the 4 wheel drive.. nice.. =) it is self standing but the folding is not v compact.. =p

swaddle: Ergo has a swaddle tt can have bb's hands and legs all secured inside the swaddle or can let the hands or legs out etc.. seems nt too bad, gonna try it this time round.. =)
http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Banz-Newborn-Cocoon-Swaddle/dp/B004VO5DIA

Dian Tang - Which clinic/doc you seeing? Hmmm usually is scan for every visit though. 2 months apart seems v long.

JC - Combi is the brand of the stroller. Quite a few strollers can use from newborn to toddler, but think also depends how big your toddler is. Those car seat type/bassinet is more for infants bah.

detail scan is similar to Oscar scan too right?
Need to be in a certain position a not?

that time my bb so stubborn, keep in a sitting position and the doc say must be lying down than can take the measurement.

mine is 31st Dec. Hopefully bb is cooperative lah.

JC, yes detailed scan is really very detailed in all measurement. If bb not cooperative, got to go walk walk then scan again make sure all measures are taken. I rem my first, I got to walk 3 times.
It is the same as Oscar, but Oscar only measure neck thickness, whereas detailed scan are measured everything cos by week 20, everything is developed.
There are few cases, on that day, sonographer scan something not right, will inform your gynae. So if ur sonographer says everything is gd, just rest assured.

Babykk: I wonder if my detailed scan will be given 3d one or those normal 2d. Btw, your 3d scan really very clear.

Esther: Haha.. But still require effort. I will only use it when baby has rashes.. I am a lazy mummy.. Haha.. How many weeks r u now? My detailed scan is on my 21 weeks. This week is my 20 weeks. Counting down to 6 more days.

Bewildered: yes!! You have Gt such a good memory. But I check on hook. Its thousand over. Too ex alr. Decided to budget abit.. I thinking of going to look see look see on the next baby fair. I think its ard Feb at expo. Not sure when is the next taka baby fair.

Re: playpen
Any mummies know where to get a cheap playpen? Like those ard 100 odd?

esther: tis pretty thin for the one tt I got.. heh heh, think they have diff thickness I supposed.. coz got some number in front of the 'tog'.. =p

Mine's pretty thin material, shld be good for local weather bah, esp May.. -_-" think will be hot.. heh heh..

Shirley: yar, v ex.. but stylo.. saw it on display at the expo 2 to 3 fairs back? the frame's black and pretty cool.. heh heh..

bbkk: ya's detailed scan's on 29 Dec? just nice 20wks? Mine's scheduled for 21 Dec, no matter hw I cal, will only be 19wks then.. dunno why the slot given's kinda early but shld be able to cfm gender then..

Shirley: I'm 15wks. Me belong to the late may early June grp. Hehehe. By then detailed scan will juz nice be 20wks. Excited rite only 6days. Then can see bb and on detail some more. I'm always excited abt the scans coz can see bb actively moving hands and legs. So amazing.

Bewildered: I got the blanket type for my boys in the end they dun wan to use coz its very warm. The reason I got for them is becoz they always kick away their blanket. If this is good like can make them feel secure at the same time keep them warm think I'll consider 1. U getting? If u getting tombang u can?

Bewildered, yes 29 dec exactly my 20 weeks.
But for 19wk detailed scan still alright. U sure can see gender. Everything must be screen.

Wow today my bb keep kicking, more intense. I saw wave in my tummy... The feeling is back again..

Is those Aden and adais swaddle blanket same as cloth nappy? Can use that as lined pillow and bed right? If same function, I wan to buy a pack of three. Nicer design

esther: the blanket type? Those sleep sack etc? I've got them for my kiddo coz dunno why when she slps, the sleeves etc will roll up one when she toss and turn, then think she'll be cold, so got those sleep sack for her, so far so gd.. =) when she wakes up in the morn, her hands and feet will be warm and not cold.. =) the sleep sack also have different thickness de..

http://www.amazon.com/SleepSack-Cotton-Swaddle-Cream-Small/dp/B003E6OBMA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355734877&sr=8-1&keywords=halo+sleepsack

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dbaby-products&field-keywords=grobag

If my fren's ordering fr Amazon, then I let ya know? =) or can try spree section too.. =) For me, I've gotten 2 set fr the wts thread back then coz some mummies recd it as a gift during the bb's 1st mth then din use them.. then the pricing's so much better coz noted tt Taka's also selling but $40+, I think..

bbkk: waiting for the detailed scan.. =) #1 only let us see her gender during the detailed scan and closed her legs again for the following scans.. -_-"

Ya saw wave in your tummy??? so fast? for me, I can only feel baby's sporadic movements leh, sometimes move, some days dun move.. faint.. then can't see anythg fr the tummy, can only feel the movements at time.. even when I tried poking tummy, bb also bo hiew me.. -_-"

Worried79:
I'm told 3-4 wks interval. My last appt wk12+ coming one wk16+

Iko:
Wat optional? U mean fish oil? Mine is compulsory, my Gynae said néed take iron calcium n fishoil

Bewildered:
WAHHHH u done research of all prams!!

Esther:
Ur detailed scan so early? Thought we abt the same wk, this fri is my normal appt only at 16wks+ . Detailed scan ard wk20 shd be near to late jan?

Shirley:
Err no idea leh my playpen is passed down but#1 seldom use

Bbkk:
Wah ur baby must be real strong n active , so early can see wave aldy.

bewildered: Yaya I got grobag and I realise it's very warm. Do the aircon gotta on real low. And it's not cheap now become white elephant.

Bbkk: wavy feeling, I miss the feeling.

nlimm: correct leh. Ours almost the same date mah. When is ur detailed scan?

Bewildered : ya! That pram really stylo and cool but not necessary for me to spend so much. Haha.. I am still thinking if I should get the pram after baby born or not.. Cos first few months I won't bring her out.. Unless for her vaccine only.. Not to shopping etc..

Esther: ya.. Its really amazing to see thru the scan.. My long waiting weeks. Counting down to 6 more days to go.
happy.gif
yours will be here in no time..
happy.gif

Nlimm: what brand is your playpen? Maybe I can go Google and look see look see..
happy.gif

mummies: any idea if medela swing pump is good? I thought of getting the swing pump.. But need advises from you all..

Esther:
My next appt is this fri I shd be 16wks + . Detailed scan is on wk20 right? Shd be 3rd wk of jan ba

Shirley:
It's graco .

Hihi, just back from my trip up north.. gg for detailed scan later.
happy.gif

Clothe diapers are very thin. Easy to dry. I use cloth for number one. Can save a lot of money. Swaddle cloth are a lot thicker. Helps to keep bb warm.

I dun use stroller. I use sarong wrap. Finds it easier to carry bb ard.

Bewildered, your knowledge on strollers is impressive.

Hi mummies! I am back!
saw that most waiting for detailed scan hor...
for me, my detailed scan also not scheduled yet.

shirley: u can take a look at kiddy palace. this latido brand should be quite affordable. but i am not sure whether does it have the bassinet for newborn which u can put baby on it to change.
there are some other brands like graco which are freaking exp. $200+300, but they have what rocking functions etc.

okay...now i shall share my strollers info as well. i have used a few brands before

peg perego pliko P3: My favourite pram. sturdy despite hanging lots of things on it and without the baby inside, it also wont topple. not shaky at all when on rocking roads. 5-point harness, baby is safely strapped on it.
bought a skip hop diaper bag, and it can nicely hang on it.
there is also a stepper behind for elder to stand but note, seat cant be reclined. and can only hang things side ways.
can stand on its own, there is a bar sideways which u can lift up easily. i am only 1.55cm but i have no prob lifting it up

maclaren daytripper (obsolete, think replace by quest): very light weight umbrella stroller. umbrella means cant stand on its own. very good for travelling. but cannot hang things without baby on it, topple easily. 5 point harness

capella S228 or something: reversible. but due to its being reversible. i find the frame flimsy. definitely cannot even hang heavy diaper bag on it. ok for infants but squeezy for toddler. the basket is redundent, too small and difficult to keep things. the wheels are very small thus i find the alignment and movement not smooth. 3 point harness

cybex topaz: sturdy, value for money but its not a popular brand. 5 point harness too. cushion is padded. almost works like maclaren.

peg perego compact: smaller than pliko p3. works the same. cushion design nicer. but i find the canopy abit not so sturdy. short canopy but no issue cos i cover baby with nursing shawl if sleeping. sturdy and can hang stuff on it.
comes with a side bar as well for u to lift up. self standing.

lastly, baby jogger city select: can be double or single seater. sturdy but very heavy. basket is very big for storage, wheels also very big. wont topple.
downside is 2nd seat have to be remove upon keeping stroller. single escalator cannot go up.
have to use those diaper bags with clips type or long strap.
only suits 6 months up unless using infant seat with adapters.
very heavy.

i usually used nappy to line baby bed or as a pillow. i tried using nappy with liners during #1 time. i stop using after i finished all the liners. i find them waste of time and water. plus the scrubbing.
then if u let bb sit on those rockers, have to line the rockers first before bb sleeping on it lor, otherwise u will wet the rocker also...means double washing double work. and baby might fuss when they are wet..
i gave up...diapers easier. even used cheaper diaper also ok.

for swaddling baby, i will prefer to use swaddle clothes. tmc sells very good swaddle cloth. recommend you guys to buy. its very big pc and can swaddle baby tightly. napkins, some brands are smaller and baby tends to break free.

Nlimm: I'm shocked too! Gynae in hk dun give fish oil.. pple here dun eat fish oil one lo.. weird right.. limited brands available at pharmacy too..

Bbkk: ur bb v active leh.. now I still hardly can feel ath.. we r of same weeks some more..

iko0508: if u are taking fish by itself. it really doesnt matter if u got take fish oil or not. my gynae doesnt push the fish oil. he said asked me to take the real fish instead.

Iko0508: my gynea also said it is ok not to take fish oil. if you can take fish, it is better. as for me, i am currently scared of fish smell so i took fish oil instead.

2Ks: oh how was ur trip? can we buy the swaddle cloths if we are not TMC patients?

dian-tang: eh...HK ppl are very rude and not friendly lor. shopping wasnt great also cos things are quite exp. and its not cold at all!

yes u can just go there buy the swaddle cloth. they sell at the 1st sty shop.

iko0508 is at HK rite? haha. 2Ks, u never meet up with iko? i saw your photos, guess your boys really enjoyed their trip!

i m actually not taking any other supplements except for folic acid. my gynae say just eat healthily can liao, no need to take any extra supplements. but hearing from your feedback, i was thinking of buying fish oil too...will be good for bb?

2K/diantang: I dun take fish everyday leh.. the fish here not as gd as Sg.. but beef is yummy here.. Lol!

Re: swaddling cloth
I use Muslim cloth from mothercare.. v big n good to use.. they sell 4 in a set.. personally I think the tmc shop sells things quite ex leh.. unless I'm desperate I wun buy from there..

worried79: i personally think if u are eating good enough, u dont have to take so much supplements. there is a certain amount of dha that u can absorbed too. i so far no take fish all for my pregnancies.

i dunno iko0508 well leh...so never meet up with her. i actually wanted to ask her anything she need from sg.

iko0508: not really leh...if i didnt remember wrongly it was 2 pcs less than $20. but now i dunno la. cos its very popular, always sold out.
its very lasting, it doesnt frays...i used it for my 2 kids, still in good condition for mine.

2Ks: Ha ha i also think some of them were unfriendly especially if you dun speak cantonese.long time didnt go hk, now prefer to go taiwan instead

Iko0508: wow.. beef. i like the fried beef horfun in hk. my fren said eat beef will make the baby grow bigger.
Actually my doc didnt initiate to give fish oil until i request from him. he ony prescribe prenatal vits, calcium and iron pills .

Combi pram lovers: no need to fret abt the over turn issue. I been using mine for five yrs. (first kid pass to second kid) without problems because:
1. When i hve heavy bags on the pram and i wana take my child out, i take out the bags and place on the chair/table, etc Take the child out and then put those bags into the seat of the pram and cover with the hood (keeps pick pockets out too!)
2. Wheels - when i see the drain covers, i roll my pram diagonally.

The benefits of a light weight pram are numerous
1. Oops some stairs. No problem. Combi well comfort is 3kg+ only (my old model 3.6kg!). I carry pram plus baby and go up the steps.
2. Come out of taxi, one hand hold baby , one hand take out pram and flip open. Not scared taxi driver not helpful and pls dont leave bb in taxi while u go get ur pram... Lol!
3. Escalators - easy to go up n down escalators. Takes some geting used to but one can get really good at this with the combi. I would never do the downward escalator with my other stroller 7.5kg peg perago.
4. Travel - when u have luggages, etc, u dont wana lug a heavy stroller. So those with heavy strollers will later on buy a cheaper n lighter stroller for travel. Combi stroller is the only stroller u need.
5. Transport stuff - i bring this combi out without my kids (in my car boot) when i need to carry heavy stuff like deliver lotsa wine to my clients, or carry in a printer for servicing, etc. always gets people laughing cos its actually so practical yet so funny cos they expected to see a baby inside. Lol!

Cons:
Note that if u have a really tall baby or really plump baby, it may be squeezy cos this is japanese size stroller. ;D

rejoy28, tks for sharing the link!

Fish: I always make sure myself take fish twice a week and take fish oil everyday as per prescribed by gynae.

Steriliser: is it a need to buy steriliser? Which brand is nicer?

2Ks
what u said is what my gynae mentioned to me. he always said that as long as u eat fish, meat, veg and fruits, then u dun need those extra supplements. he said its best to get those nutrients from our natural food sources. but i cant help thinking, whether i should get some since quite a number or mummies here also taking...

Tsm - i have been using pigeon - the purple one. Really sturdy. Lasts for years and years. Dont buy the blue one. Something wrong with the mechanism. I bot once and spoilt shortly , brought to pigeon n the guy explain to me better take the purple one. Many blue sets got problem.

2Ks - wow you used a lot of prams!

Swaddle
I will wanna get the Aden + Anais Bamboo 3-Pack Muslin Collection. Saw a sample somewhere and it feels really soft! A bit costly at $69.90. Tried to look around again but don't see the same soft version.

hihi!!!! so busy recently aiyo.. i realize im getting more n more heartburn liao. and i eat really like a pig! one morning can eat a nasi lemak followed by a bowl of noodle soup haha.

btw.. how many weeks then is 3rd trimster?

hope everyone have a good day!

Back