(2013/05) May 2013

ML,
I think I will work until I deliver, if reach edd haven’t deliver, will work until 2 days b4 edd. Hope to deliver near to my edd, but I feel that this time my bb quite big. Hopefully she will come out at least after 1st May ba…. At least, hubby can get paternity leave benefits! I probably will take 15 weeks ML and leave the remainder 5 working days for adhoc baby attending purposes. My previous ML, I face my bb alone everyday and find hard to cope that I almost want to go crazy and I cannot wait to go back to work. Hopefully, this time I am more experienced and is able deal the situation better.

sleepyskies
sometimes it depends on our job scope also right. I'm lucky my job is the kind where even if i'm not around, the load can be redistributed accordingly to many pple. If it's only 1 colleague who has to cover, I think it's quite xiong on her also.

griny
Sharing from my personal experience, I definitely enjoyed my 2nd maternity leave very much! As a 2nd time mum, I am more confident, I don't panic so easily. Maybe my 2nd baby was also quite an easy baby. My #1 was in sch for 3 hours, then he would return to my mom's place; hubby would pick him up and return home by 7 pm. But stiill I really loved my 2nd Maternity leave. I hope i can also enjoy my 3rd one. I'm looking forward to it so much. I think you will enjoy yours too
happy.gif

bbkk : my doc tell me if really cannot control, than have to induce at week 37 which is not good. week 38 onwards is okie liao.

i planning for 17 May coz it is my ROM date..hehe just nice is 2 weeks before my EDD (31st May). but hoh, must see baby cooperate a not lah

ML
Imy co policy is 2mths plus 8 weeks.
So it will b ard 17 weeks for me.
I m clearing 10 weeks plus my AL. Which will come up to ard 14 plus.
Then gg to clear my maternal leave every week.
Have not told my boss.. Coz he say return date not impt. The date I m gg on leave is more impt
Lol
Am taking fr 27 may on wards. Hope bb will come out earlier than late.otherwise very lugi
:p

Two men in my team. Plus I need to let them go on leave too. So, they will haf the priority of leave when i come back, unless bb need to go for jab. Anyway we haf up to 1 yr to finish clearing the maternity leave. Rite?

JC, yes my gynae also advise after week 38 better.
I choose 12may becos I mc my last bb which edd is 12may last yr. so I believed this is my rainbow bb
happy.gif

12 may is a good date, cause it is my wedding ann hahha..i was hoping my edd is 12 may.. But edd is 09 may, and now because may induce so will be earlier..

Hi everyone,

Am selling BN Avent Milk bottle
1) 1 x 125 ml - $10 (RP: $13.90)
2) New Born starter kit with 4 milk bottles, 1 pacifier and a brush. - $45 (RP $55)

Both will be at $45. Pickup location can be arranged or postage at your cost.

Keen, please watsapp me at 98482804 or PM me.
Thanks
8220725.jpg

8220726.jpg

i have small red batch on my tummy but is not itchy for me. but i think when im very hot then i saw it will turn to very obvious red. thats call PUPP too?

2ks: LOL i agree! i used to wake up late on weekends so shook. have kids liao is cannot wake up late must wake up early as them LOL

MC:
my gyene always loves to give MC. u say tired. he give u 2 days. u say here pain he give u 3. lol. i think his booklet one month can finish liao the mc form haha i told him im not working he still say really no need MC ah.. im like no.. im not working!

Jill: haha u can early induce on 10th may also right? only 3 days nia. to 40 weeks. for me my hub ask me to give birth on his birthday i say let baby or doc decide. ^^

My edd is on 06 May. Planning to go on ML from 01 May onwards. Just spoke to my boss. She seems okay with it.

Some colleagues told me not to waste my ML, to wait for water bag to burst then go on maternity. But being a first time mum, i'm afraid that water bag will burst in office. Then i'll be frantic. Haha!

Baby is 33wk now. Last weigh was 2.2kg. hopefully it continues to grow healthy and strong.
happy.gif

Havent told my boss when i plan to be back. But similar to what one mummy said earlier, not sure whether i can tahan staying at home with my mil for 4 whole months.

Boss didnt ask me when i'll be returning. but i told her that if she needs me, i can try to do some work and clear stuff from home or something so that it will be less disruptive. Mainly cos i REALLY dunno how well i will be able to handle the baby. Maybe i'll be so tramatised that i want to come back to work earlier? haha!

Now can remote access, bosses will think can work during ML.i think confinement month i will not touch work but after that will access on and off

Actually my confinemnt timing not so good. Heard from my boss will have restructuring. Dont even know whether got job to return to...i hope if got retrenchment, at least do it during my maternity so tht they can compensate me in $$ hahah

pinktulip, I was a nurse but never renewed my license for the past 2 years as I am currently working in finance sector. For me, at first gynae said need to admit to hospital but after that, I was in such a pain and giddiness state that he wrote my HL to cover me but my company said if I deliver before EDD, will start my ML 1 month before delivery date. Now I walked a bit, will have great pain. I think I am too petite and my baby too heavy.

babbiee, better don't anyhow move. I move and shift too much when hubby away. Now my back suffered and my stomach cramp non stop. I hope won't early birth.

Yellow Discharge:
Anyway, suspected my discharge to be pieces of mucus plug, plus pain in the stomach area. Think tomorrow gonna see gynae before my suppose visit.

Eva: i only shift abit.n my lazy hub was lying on the bed. i shift abit to show him u dont do.. i will do. so i really move it. till he canot take it he come n help me haha cus i just want to shift my table and see the space enff not this n that. i dont like last min things one. but man always love last min stuffs.. isnt it? LOL eh btw. call me fabbie. babbiee is my shop name haha

Morn!
happy.gif

Jc: i also used toyogo drawers until we've got 3 of them n still cant stuff #1 & #2's clothes inside ler..
sad.gif
then looks abit messy coz all diff hgts, bot the smaller one first coz thought bb clothes v small, wont take up much space.. :p

2Ks: Thx for the info on the cc mattress cover, i din know tt they'r the same size as cot mattress, jus rem it as like being thin n weird size.. :p time to change the mattress cover for kiddo!
happy.gif

Griny: my sis hlped me to chk out sungai kadut furniture shops, really like wat ya said, nt exactly cheap but guess at least there's more designs n also the inner shelvings n all r included ler, unlike ikea (tho tis tempting to mix n match but nt really worth the cost,i guess)..

Btw, anyone has any idea if the cupboards' pricing's reasonable here?

http://www.beds.sg/bedroom-furniture/wardrobe.html

http://www.homestore.sg/furnitures/bedroom/wardrobe/sliding-door-wardrobe.html?limit=all

Wrt hosp leave: think my gyn's those v straight kinda pax, taking HL may b tough tho it'd b really gd to rest prior to delivery..

Pinktulip: tis so gd to be able to take NPL.. Dunno if my coy will allow..
sad.gif

fabbie, my husband is the opposite. I feel so tired and heavy to shift. Then I will like this can't shift here, that can't shift there, no space. Then he is like can and shift then finished le let me see. I wanna faint, because he measure every corner just to make sure got space.

Furniture: Ikea seem good to find furniture. My husband and I settled all our furniture there in the end.

Bewildered, the 2nd link you put up, I saw the exact furniture selling at Brighton. Never check the price. But is brighton sell more expensive then this, then what u post up and show us is considered cheap. Anyway, the 1st link one seem cheap.

Fabbie:

Cupboard : I also bought the ikea cupboard , children version. Thinking of changing it to bigger one when he grow older.

hmmm...i noticed that alot of mummies are worried about bb weight. i had never bother about bb weight for all my pregnancies.
firstly, sometimes the machine gauge is just an estimate. my gynae mentioned got to plus minus one.
secondly, some bb grow slowly inside the tummy. they grow much faster when they are out. that explains why bb tend to double their birth weight after a month.

to me, smaller babies easier to come out la...less pain for me. i definitely dont want a 3.5kg baby lor.

thats my thinking la..

eva: i think u dont assume too much. did u google for how mucus plug looks like? mucus plug have tint of streaky blood attached to it.
and even if u release the mucus plug, it doesnt mean that u are in labour.

bewildered: u check with cc can order the mattress cover or not. from what i see, there are usually 2 kinds of "bed" that cc is using. one is those gym type with abit of sponge. that one bedsheets size is the same as cot size. but cot bedsheets very exp can be like $20plus. i buy from cc only $8plus.
another type is those netting stackable type. that one dont need a bedsheet but i think its not so comfortable to zzz lor.

sungei kadut u must see what shops u go. u can go the international furniture centre. there got brighton and also kings furnishing which i customized my cupboard from.
they have smaller types also.
thats why i dont wanna buy toyogo type of drawers. one is definitely not enough for the towels, hankies, bedsheets...

Morning ladies... babbiee.com (fabbie)- haha induce ah.. but i hope everything natural for baby... so let her decide when she want to come out.

Anyone updated the chart for those list of baby EDD etc...? Would be fun to see who is likely to pop first and follow on. Im haaving headache thinking of chinese names. Bought a book from popular yday and kinda helps.!

actually i hoping my baby size not too big leh...coz i want to go for natural + too big means my GD not under good control.

everytime i go scan, i will ask my gynae - the size okie right, not too big..haha.

dian_tang: i bought ikea toddler bed and drawers to keep my boys toys (alot!)
i wanted to get 1 more but my hubby started grumbling already.
he said i think its so easy to fix...that day he fixed until 2am...LOL
ikea woodstuff quality is not so good. but some items are really cheaper lor.
but then hor..the delivery charges sucks lor...
i had to pay $65 for delivery

Eva: Thx alot for the info! =) We pored thru those 2 websites looking for cupboards then trying to measure the space that we have for them.. but then started wondering whether would it be better to buy fr those furniture shops at HDB or even at sungai kadut since there's got so many choices, but Sis chked out Sungai Kadut and apparently nt cheap, she said.. But she din let me know what's the pricing, so just wanna make sure tt the online webby pricing's gd.. heh heh, else if the pricing's the same as the ones in the shop, think I'd like to view the actual item before buying.. =p

For my #1, the mucus plug dropped off around a wk before my edd.. then gynae also nt v bothered.. -_- but I read online tt if the mucus plug dropped ler, then gotta be more careful coz scared of infections? mucus plug has some streaks of blood like what 2Ks said.. tt's why it was pretty alarming for me back then, to see streaks of blood aft so many mths.. =p

meiliew: I feel some tightening at the tummy area.. then sometimes, thigh will have those v painful and sharp throbbing pain tt refuses to go away even when I changed position.. But aft a few mins or so, it'll disappear and then will feel normal again.. tis always the left thigh.. -_-"'

2Ks: the mattress tt kiddo's using in sch's the thin type with the PVC cover.. v thin type.. then the sch sold us 1 mattress cover when we registered, tt pce's v gd, until now, the color and all's still v vibrant and new, wanna find back the same thg.. 1 Fren rec pasar malam, but the material's like v rough type.. Will chk with the cc for the mattress cover.. =)

heh heh, coz we initially thought bb clothes all small pieces wont take up much space.. haha.. then turned out we were really really wrong coz they need alot more pieces.. haha..

2Ks/ JC: Im hoping baby is not too big too, but it seems otherwise..

i have been hoping baby slow down in absorbing what i eat haha, i even told bb i dun mind taking the weight myself..bt i guess all it matters is bb is healthy..

looking back, we have been chatting and sharing experiences for the past 30weeks or so, time flies, single digit of weeks to countdown to delivery..

bewildered: maybe u can check out those neighbourhood furniture shops too. my sil bought those drawer types only about $260.

I also bought ikea cupboard, not much choice for us cos our layout also allows about 70cm width for the cupboard. Yeah, the delivery + assembly fee super not worth it lor! $65 delivery + $30 assembly. And somemore they install halfway got defects, and they need to come back again to replace the parts. Sianz.

Baby Weight
Abit worried cos of the pre-labour risks encountered. Praying for a full-term baby!

hi Mummies,

my gynac also very stingy on MC. was still tinking how to ask him for mc like wat my fren gyanc did, 10 days before EDD bcos her pelvic bone pain.
mine everytime go check up must ask from him and he will give a look like "u really need"? argh..

Chiro: we do without the delivery and installation by DIY . We are lucky that everything is ok .

2ks : ha ha hubby often control what we buy .

Bewildered.
Agree that furniture in Sungi Kadut area not any cheaper. Just that more variety of shops in 1 place. My parents bought a sofa set there and we saw the same set at Tg Katong complex that selling the same price and plus 1 more armchair. Sometime hdb downstairs shops oso sell good furniture too.

Eva,
My bro and sis bought bed and mattress online b4. Price quite reasonable. For wardrobe, I am interested to see the interior compartments as well, I personally still prefer to down personally to have a feel of it.

jill : what's the title of the book you bought? im also having headache over bb's chinese name. haha. if it's good maybe i'll buy to have a look.

kathy: yah, same. Last saturday I had very bad lower abdominal pain. I pain until I wanna die. sit cannot stand up. My doctor ask me monday go back review, end up he said I not pain alrdy uh? Then he only give me2 days MC. sibei stingy!! I still tell him my pelvic pain and butt pain. he jus said it's normal. cos baby growing big. Might be pressing on my bones. damn. I think he must wait for me to literally CRAWL to his clinic then consider giving me a break. I'm now going thru depression soon from my in-laws.

Really dulan. Can I check with mommies who put their baby in infant care, how much is it every month?? I might be putting my son there after going back to work. don't know what my MIL thinking! Makes me sibei dulan.

Can any one share ur post natal massage how much. I engage one last yr but forgot which lady, now I got to find again. Tks

Bbkk: Fabbie introduced 1, Mdm Ida, but she is fully booked and she is doing in the west.. but she has got cousin and sister doing in other area.. i took up with her sis, who is staying in the east. 1 hour per session, costs $50, no extra cost on transport..

Already thought of christian name.

chinese name also tentatively have but must see bb when born to see 'match' him a not..if no feeling, than i really jia lat..coz i got no spare name..haha

Xuan, it depends on which area and which center you going to enroll. but take note it can cost ard 1k after S$600 subsidy for working mother.

Jcyp, 4 yrs ago I engaged mdm Ida. She requested fan, I insisted no. But she too sweaty due to her fatness.. So No choice end up the next day I water retention. So I stopped her after 2 sessions

Xuan, most neighbourhood IFC costs about $1000-$1200 before $600 subsidy. Plus u still have additional $200 if ur combine salary is lesser than $7500.
So if IFC is $1100, u only pay $300

xuan : the IFC below my office is charging $600/mth (after subsidy & corporate rate). I think for MFS, it is almost the same price and since there is vacancy, i just go ahead to 'chop' a place first.

2ks,
i agree with you the weight is jus an estimation. i remember my number 1, the scan show that bb is ard 2.2kg. but bb come out 2.07kg i think. so not accurate de.

bewidered,
agree also.. the clothes looks tiny but they actually adds up and occupy quite a lot of space. lols

vicvic (vicvic)- Its at the parenting corner. Go to bigger popular stores. I think it's called, choose an auspicious name for your little one. Its pink colour with picture of pink booties. The title says auspicious but im not quite into that bit and actually the book doesnt really touch on auspicious thingy. Its more of the meaning of the single words suggestion in alphabetical order. Its in english so easy for reading. Hehehe..

jcyp,
can pm me mdm ida number,... i will be c-sec so most likely will engage her service later. 1 month after delivery.

Xuan,
if you intent to put bb in IFC after you go back to work. suggest you go and chop a place now. Cause nowadays bery hard to chop place for IFC, CC. parents all booked the place bery early.

Jcyp,
I oso got Mdm Ida this time. Got referred to her from my previous massage lady Mdm Suria. Wanted to get Mdm Suria at 1st but she will be going for a holiday.

Bbkk,
Huh… Now I worried, she want to use fan? Air con cannot?

Eva thats good that ya hub is willing to help shah. mine is the lazy kind. lol must whack n nag at him then will get up. LOL

Jill ya thats the point lor also.. my MIL can tell me eh get weekend to induce so that all the relatives can come n visit. is really CRAZY lor… anyway i cant be bother cus maybe they are excited this n that or to show off thats why wanted weekends. HA. who cares. LOL

baby weight: im not very concern but just hope my bb can stay like my no.1 2.8kg +/- not 3kg plus scare later cannot come out haha

BBK: till now haven't book? aiyo should be booking long time le… ya im getting ida for massage.. yes she got her sisters doing massage too. heard their massage all the same not to worry.
happy.gif

OH ya talking about massage u gals going for how many days? 1 Week or 2 weeks? any advice? i wanted to go for maybe like 5 days like that. then own self blind. cuss seriously i hate massage. especially the oil around me. aiyo so sticky and my mum confirm will nag at me not to bath. Shits..

Fabbie, I booked a massage lady once I pregnant soon after but now I forgot who I booked. I check my phone so many contact I dunno which one and I deleted the message. Now gonna find again.
Seems like all going for Ida.

For parents who earn between $4501-$7500(think most will be in this category) there will be a minimum co-payment of $400 for Infant Care. If go to My First Skool i think after this new subsidy will be $400+ if you are in that income category bah.

I intend to do 10 days massage.

Ida style is she will request u to shower before she came. Then she will burn hot stone n place it under a chair to warm up ur vaginal. She will take pic of ur v before n after to let u see the different.

Ya lor babbiee... let ur baby decide.. as long as dont come out too late.. Natural. Yeah i understand.. elderly jus let them comment. Hehehe if u not bad rs with her u can joke with her.. ohh u try psycho ur grandchild see if she/he listens. lol

Massage i taking 10 days leh. LOL i super kia one. I yearn for massage for longest time.

This saturday am going for my Gynae visit again. Hope to be able to noe baby weight so can roughly gauge if my current diet is too much for her growth. I also dont want too big. Quite scared.

Btw i couldnt find the FB group... did i get the name wrongly? A small small world"?

Back